PDA

View Full Version : 2 shots on target

CapitalGreen
31-10-2018, 10:24 PM
Starting 5 defenders against a team playing 0 strikers and only managing 2 shots on target. Poor set up & poor outcome. Disappointing.

Jones28
31-10-2018, 10:27 PM
We created a few chances in the first half. The second half we started poorly and we're getting going as Flo was sent off. Defended stoically and stoddnpir ground with ten men. The "five defenders" were a back three with wing backs, hardly a team sent out to park the bus.

calumhibee1
31-10-2018, 10:29 PM
2 shots on target, two off target that hit the bar and a header which Daz should have done a lot better with. We weren’t great tonight, but we looked more likely to score than Hearts that’s for sure.

CapitalGreen
31-10-2018, 10:30 PM
We created a few chances in the first half. The second half we started poorly and we're getting going as Flo was sent off. Defended stoically and stoddnpir ground with ten men. The "five defenders" were a back three with wing backs, hardly a team sent out to park the bus.

We played a left back at left wing back and a right back a right wing back, that to me is 5 defenders.

Not In The Know
31-10-2018, 10:30 PM
Starting 5 defenders against a team playing 0 strikers and only managing 2 shots on target. Poor set up & poor outcome. Disappointing.

Twice as many as the HOME team.

Whats your point?

gaz1875
31-10-2018, 10:34 PM
We played a left back at left wing back and a right back a right wing back, that to me is 5 defenders.

And how many chances did they make wih Hibs stopping their attacking wingbacks?

Jones28
31-10-2018, 10:34 PM

You can play a left back as a striker. Does that make him a defender? No.

calumhibee1
31-10-2018, 10:35 PM

Hearts played a centre half upfront, doesn’t mean he should be counted with the defenders. Most teams who play 3-5-2 play full backs on the outsides of the 5, they just have more licence to go forward.

K.Marx
31-10-2018, 10:35 PM

Stevenson and Whittaker did a hell of a lot more defending tonight than attacking. Was basically a back 5.

Pagan Hibernia
31-10-2018, 10:38 PM
I suppose any day we don’t get beat at Tynecastle is a relief given our record there but tonight really was the night to properly go for it. After the first ten minutes hearts barely showed anything until we were down to 10.

Showed them far too much respect. A missed opportunity imo

CapitalGreen
31-10-2018, 10:40 PM
You can play a left back as a striker. Does that make him a defender? No.

Were our wing backs attacking or defending?

You play defensive players, you invite pressure.

Bishop Hibee
31-10-2018, 10:40 PM
They played Haring up front.

CapitalGreen
31-10-2018, 10:42 PM
Stevenson and Whittaker did a hell of a lot more defending tonight than attacking. Was basically a back 5.

Yup, we effectively played 5-4-1 against a team down to the bair bones with no striker.

Jones28
31-10-2018, 10:42 PM
Were our wing backs attacking or defending?

You play defensive players, you invite pressure.

We played the same defensive players for the whole of last season in the same formation and saw some wonderful attacking football. It's a different game at tynecastle, where they are difficult to beat. Horses for courses and all that. We didn't concede a goal tonight, we were unfortunate to get a man sent off and I for one am happy with a point in the end.

Hiber-nation
31-10-2018, 10:44 PM
Yup, we effectively played 5-4-1 against a team down to the bair bones with no striker.

Yep agree 100%. We'll never have a better chance of winning there but we set up too negatively.

Lago
Poor game & frankly both teams were poor, neither deserved to win.

Mr Grieves

We had double the number of shots on target that the home team had, what's your point? It's a Derby, FFS! Have we not played enough of them for you to realise it's not a normal game?

hibsbollah
31-10-2018, 10:45 PM
Poor game & frankly both teams were poor, neither deserved to win.

Can't argue with that.

tamig
31-10-2018, 10:54 PM
We played the same defensive players for the whole of last season in the same formation and saw some wonderful attacking football. It's a different game at tynecastle, where they are difficult to beat. Horses for courses and all that. We didn't concede a goal tonight, we were unfortunate to get a man sent off and I for one am happy with a point in the end.

All fair points other than the sending off. Flo was stupid and nearly cost us.

EH54
31-10-2018, 10:58 PM
Half time was the time to mix it for me. It was clear hearts weren't going to really trouble us. 3 centre backs were a waste of time. We should have went to a back 4 and brought one of Horgan or maclaren on and went for it. Great chance to beat them and can't see them being any weaker than this..

NAE NOOKIE
31-10-2018, 11:16 PM
Considering we played almost half an hour with 10 men it has to be viewed as a positive result. I was surprised at our team selection and would far rather have seen Boyle played out wide because we didn't really get much going forward from either wingback …. but F me, no wonder we couldn't get going, its nigh on impossible to get the ball down and play on that postage stamp and Hertz exploit that to their advantage … hoof corner, hoof throw in, hoof corner, hoof throw in, hoof corner, hoof throw in … they would get fitba banned.

Hats off to our central defenders who were immense, especially Daz, they must all have sore heads tonight, Hearts didn't even try to play, it was just lump after lump into the box and throw after throw the same … when the Yams eventually did try to play after we went down to 10 men it exposed their utter lack of ability in that area because they barely created a chance worth the name.

To be fair Hibs didn't create much either, but we did make better chances than them for all that ……… I'll take the point though, in a derby the away point means you have taken more from the match than the opposition.

NOTE ….. At what point is continually holding up the play to dry the ball with a towel considered time wasting?

Lancs Harp
31-10-2018, 11:19 PM
Considering we played almost half an hour with 10 men it has to be viewed as a positive result. I was surprised at our team selection and would far rather have seen Boyle played out wide because we didn't really get much going forward from either wingback …. but F me, no wonder we couldn't get going, its nigh on impossible to get the ball down and play on that postage stamp and Hertz exploit that to their advantage … hoof corner, hoof throw in, hoof corner, hoof throw in, hoof corner, hoof throw in … they would get fitba banned.

Hats off to our central defenders who were immense, especially Daz, they must all have sore heads tonight, Hearts didn't even try to play, it was just lump after lump into the box and throw after throw the same … when the Yams eventually did try to play after we went down to 10 men it exposed their utter lack of ability in that area because they barely created a chance worth the name.

To be fair Hibs didn't create much either, but we did make better chances than them for all that ……… I'll take the point though, in a derby the away point means you have taken more from the match than the opposition.

NOTE ….. At what point is continually holding up the play to dry the ball with a towel considered time wasting?

It got so frequent I thought the fuds were trying to polish one side of the ball, cricket style, so they could try and seam or bend the ball in :greengrin

we are hibs
31-10-2018, 11:32 PM
We were honking the majority of the game (yet again at tynecastle). The other pish that happened during.the game.shouldnt distract from that. Not good enough

NAE NOOKIE
31-10-2018, 11:44 PM
We were honking the majority of the game (yet again at tynecastle). The other pish that happened during.the game.shouldnt distract from that. Not good enough

We are just going to have to face it mate, it doesn't matter a rats ass what team we put out or how good their form is, Tynecastle just isn't the sort of ground where being the better football team lends you much of an advantage .. look at the bother Celtic have had there in the last two seasons. Hearts didn't have to be able to put their best team out because you don't have to be bloody Messi to hunt the ball down in packs on a tiny pitch and prevent a game of football from breaking out.

That's the reality of it and its why successive Hibs teams who on paper should have been able to win the game just never get into a position where their superior football can count.

A point at the Rust Arena is never 'not good enough' … you can be disappointed with it on the basis that we have the players and football to outplay the likes of Hearts, but given our never ending inability to get 3 points there a draw will always be a positive result.

Fife-Hibee
31-10-2018, 11:56 PM
We are just going to have to face it mate, it doesn't matter a rats ass what team we put out or how good their form is, Tynecastle just isn't the sort of ground where being the better football team lends you much of an advantage .. look at the bother Celtic have had there in the last two seasons. Hearts didn't have to be able to put their best team out because you don't have to be bloody Messi to hunt the ball down in packs on a tiny pitch and prevent a game of football from breaking out.

That's the reality of it and its why successive Hibs teams who on paper should have been able to win the game just never get into a position where their superior football can count.

A point at the Rust Arena is never 'not good enough' … you can be disappointed with it on the basis that we have the players and football to outplay the likes of Hearts, but given our never ending inability to get 3 points there a draw will always be a positive result.

If you're good enough, you find a way to win. If we're only capable of playing in the exact same manner, regardless of who we're playing against and which stadium/pitch we're playing at/on, then it will forever be our achilles heel.