PDA

View Full Version : There's only one Neil Lennon!

Pages : [1] 2

CathroMustStay
31-10-2018, 08:50 PM
Anyone that can't handle passion like that is either a cretin, a hun, or both.

Anyone else that attempts to justify our manager being assaulted can go eff themselves.

:nlgwa

HIBERNIAN-0762
31-10-2018, 08:51 PM
Those tramps will be in big trouble for the coin that hit him.

TelaStella
31-10-2018, 08:52 PM
Absolute God. One Neil Lennon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sauzee6_2
31-10-2018, 08:53 PM
Those tramps will be in big trouble for the coin that hit him.

Let’s not put our head in the sand here, who ever threw the punch / slap / tickle at their keeper was just as bad.

People in glass houses and all that.

SChibs
Things going either way at the corner at the Wheatfield. Young hearts fan talk away holding his heading but they can't complain imo. Hearts fans started it all before kick off by throwing a flare.

greenlex
There is no excuse for throwing coins at anyone. I will say if Lennon doesn’t goad them it wouldn’t have happened. If that was Levein goading Hibs fans we would have a 10 pager on here about it. I’m now away to go tuck myself.

James310
Let’s not put our head in the sand here, who ever threw the punch / slap / tickle at their keeper was just as bad.

Their goalie should be sited for simulation.

WestStandhibee
31-10-2018, 08:54 PM
Tell that to the Swanson family. Incredibly some of them are saying its Lennons fault...

Peevemor
31-10-2018, 08:57 PM
He was winding up the Hearts fans big time after their disallowed goal. He should know better, especially a derby at Tynie.

IMO he also took the decision to fall to the ground after being hit by the coin. It brought attention to the incident and evened up the score for whatever might have happened with their keeper.

I still love the guy to bits, but there are times when he should tone it down a bit.

Pete
31-10-2018, 09:01 PM
He was winding up the Hearts fans big time after their disallowed goal. He should know better, especially a derby at Tynie.

IMO he also took the decision to fall to the ground after being hit by the coin. It brought attention to the incident and evened up the score for whatever might have happened with their keeper.

I still love the guy to bits, but there are times when he should tone it down a bit.

Neil Lennon did absolutely nothing wrong. He should be entitled to give a bit stick back without being assaulted.

Poor post.

nonshinyfinish
31-10-2018, 09:01 PM
Their goalie should be sited for simulation.

That doesn't change the fact that the Hibs fan who had a swing or a flap or a flail at him is a moron.

nonshinyfinish
31-10-2018, 09:02 PM
Neil Lennon did absolutely nothing wrong. He should be entitled to give a bit stick back without being assaulted.

Poor post.

Indeed. The ear-cupping at Ibrox comes to mind.

Elephant Stone
31-10-2018, 09:02 PM

Oh my god.

Doh Rae Me
31-10-2018, 09:04 PM

Are you serious?

madhatter

He doesn’t deserve to be hit by coins and justly went to the ground to highlight yet another “attack” on him at that ground. I also think he went down in order to take some pressure of the team.

He can be an idiot sometimes but I like Lennon for his passion, we’ve had plenty managers celebrate at ER when we’ve had goals disallowed/players sent off and the like, so I see no reason why our manager can’t show passion. Lennon gets bad publicity for everything, people will be saying it’s his fault for getting a coin to the face...

SlickShoes
There is no excuse for throwing coins at anyone. I will say if Lennon doesn’t goad them it wouldn’t have happened. If that was Levein goading Hibs fans we would have a 10 pager on here about it. I’m now away to go tuck myself.

Total nonsense, he will have abuse for the entire game, so he celebrates their disallowed goal. That doesn't mean anyone deserves to be physically assaulted.

Beefster
31-10-2018, 09:05 PM

Come on. Grown men spending 90 minutes abusing him, probably including sectarian stuff, can’t handle being motioned to sit down. Who’s the victim here?

gogsy23
31-10-2018, 09:06 PM
The ammount of bigoted bile that is aimed at lennon is frightening. Only need to look at the graffiti pic from earlier as proof of that. I have no problem with anyone dishing it out when they have taken stick. Seems our neighbours cannot handle their fans well. Has an opposition manager been attacked or struck at ER?

Hibs4185
31-10-2018, 09:07 PM

I take exception to this massively. Hang Neil Lennon is written near the stadium. He’s been assaulted their in the last. No doubt he’s been abused during the game. I am sure he took a bit of a dive to waste time but to say he shouldn’t goad the crowd is terrible.

Every single one of us that has been abused the way he has would also react in this way.

Future17
31-10-2018, 09:07 PM

Wow. I think you normally come across well in your posts but, whilst emotions are running high, I think that's really poor from you on a few levels.

Albanian Hibs
31-10-2018, 09:09 PM

**** off ********

DH1875
31-10-2018, 09:11 PM
:flag::nlgwa:flag:

One Day Soon
31-10-2018, 09:11 PM

Sorry but no.

RIP
31-10-2018, 09:13 PM

Does anybody remember a Celtic midfielder back in the day who had the surname Lennon? A hard bar steward IIRC who took on all comers and never batted an eyelid.

I love our Neil but he is a complete lightweight compared to that other Lennon.

greenlex
31-10-2018, 09:14 PM
Come on. Grown men spending 90 minutes abusing him, probably including sectarian stuff, can’t handle being motioned to sit down. Who’s the victim here?

He’s definitely the victim but he shouldn’t be gioading them no matter what abuse is being hurled at him. He’s our leader. He should be the example and above it. I repeat if that was Levein goading hibs fans........

Peevemor
31-10-2018, 09:14 PM
**** off ********Nice.

Beefster
31-10-2018, 09:16 PM
He’s definitely the victim but he shouldn’t be gioading them no matter what abuse is being hurled at him. He’s our leader. He should be the example and above it. I repeat if that was Levein goading hibs fans........

If it was Levein, he would get lots of abuse in return. Hopefully no coins in the teeth though.

One Day Soon
31-10-2018, 09:16 PM
Nice.

It might actually be, I can't work out what's been filtered out...

Beefster
31-10-2018, 09:17 PM
It might actually be, I can't work out what's been filtered out...

“Pants off sweetcheeks”?

greenlex
31-10-2018, 09:17 PM
Total nonsense, he will have abuse for the entire game, so he celebrates their disallowed goal. That doesn't mean anyone deserves to be physically assaulted.

It’s not really.

essexhibee
31-10-2018, 09:20 PM
Regardless of whether he should or shouldn’t have been winding up the fans he didn’t deserve that.

I love Neil Lennon. He’s a winner and he has done wonderful things for this club. But tonight once again at Tynecastle his selection was poor for me. Bowed to hearts level. Zero attacking threat. Kamberi and Boyle were miles apart. And we didn’t have any creativity in the middle.

They were there for the taking and we were utterly honking.

HIBERNIAN-0762

Aye but how many times has this happened at that ****hole?

Pete

Why shouldn’t he be “goading” them (your words) and what’s wrong with it?

If anyone should be above anything it’s the fans who should be above sectarian abuse and throwing objects that can do serious damage.

There should be no victim blaming at all.

CB_NO3
31-10-2018, 09:21 PM
He bottled it tonight with his team selection.

31-10-2018, 09:21 PM
Disgraceful from Lennon to turn up tbh. His own fault for goading the noble hertz support with his fenian presence.

LancashireHibby
31-10-2018, 09:22 PM

If anyone should be above anything it’s the fans who should be above sectarian abuse and throwing objects that can do serious damage.

goading
provoke or annoy (someone) so as to stimulate an action or reaction.

He was looking for a reaction, he got a more extreme one than he may have been expecting. The reaction might actually be what saves him from copping a touchline ban (again).

greenlex
31-10-2018, 09:25 PM

I’m sorry but goading fans when the goals just been disallowed. Really? You comfortable with that? If we had scored like at ibrox then great. fair play. Not for me in this instance. Didn’t help matters and possibly was the direct trigger for the incident. IMO he shouldn’t be doing it.

Peevemor
31-10-2018, 09:26 PM
I'm not condoning anyone chucking coins.

The abuse Neil Lennon gets from some quarters is outrageous and is beyond my comprehension, but for at least 2 sets of fans he's a hate figure and he knows it.

The cupped ear thing at Ibrox lasted about a second. The aeroplane at ER was funny but dodgy.

Tonight he seemed to go out his way to wind them up. He was milking it.

In the heated atmosphere of a derby, and as our figurehead, he should be bigger/better than that. That's all I'm saying.

CapitalGreen
31-10-2018, 09:27 PM
If only he knew how to set up a team in big games away from home.

LancashireHibby
31-10-2018, 09:27 PM

The abuse Neil Lennon gets from some quarters is outrageous and is beyond my comprehension, but for at least 2 sets of fans he's a hate figure and he knows it.

The cupped ear thing at Ibrox lasted about a second. The aeroplane at ER was funny but dodgy.

In the heated atmosphere of a derby, as our figurehead, he should be bigger/better than that. That's all I'm saying.

100% spot on.

The Harp Awakes
31-10-2018, 09:28 PM

Eh? You're entitled to your opinion mate but that's way off the mark. 1 man getting pelters for 90 minutes and he's winding up the opposition fans. He ha. Comedy classic.

TheHarpy76
31-10-2018, 09:29 PM

What’s wrong with it? Are you serious?

That game was an absolute powder keg, both on and off the pitch. Goading the support like that was sheer madness.
I’m not condoning what the ******** in the crowd did but Neil was in no way blameless.

Weir07

I agree with you, Lennon had done a lot for Hibs but this habit he has of goading the opposition doesn't reflect well on him. Man of his position should rise above any abuse, loads of players and managers get a hard time but don't react to the fans.

madhatter
Regardless of whether he should or shouldn’t have been winding up the fans he didn’t deserve that.

I love Neil Lennon. He’s a winner and he has done wonderful things for this club. But tonight once again at Tynecastle his selection was poor for me. Bowed to hearts level. Zero attacking threat. Kamberi and Boyle were miles apart. And we didn’t have any creativity in the middle.

They were there for the taking and we were utterly honking.

Boyle is shocking as a striker almost all the time, he is dangerous on the wing, we should have played 4231 with Horgan and Boyle wide and Mallan behind Kamberi, Bartley and Milligan sitting. Didn’t see the need for a back 3 tbh. In fairness, some of our players looked well short of match sharpness. They kept going on about “Hearts injury crisis”, we’ve got one of our own - Hanlon, MacLaren, Agyepong, Marciano (just returning), Bartley (had a knock and first game in a while), Daz (just back). Two of our signings aren’t even integrated in the squad yet - Mavrias and Nelom.

We need signings in January, a striker has to be priority, a player like Holt. He’d be invaluable in derbies and big matches with physical defenders.

Pete
31-10-2018, 09:30 PM
goading
provoke or annoy (someone) so as to stimulate an action or reaction.

He was looking for a reaction, he got a more extreme one than he may have been expecting. The reaction might actually be what saves him from copping a touchline ban (again).

He wasn’t doing it looking for a reaction, he was reacting to the abuse he got.

LancashireHibby
31-10-2018, 09:31 PM
He wasn’t doing it looking for a reaction, he was reacting to the abuse he got.
A wry smile, maybe a bit of a wave would be reacting to the abuse. He was proactively trying to wind them up.

Crab apple
31-10-2018, 09:33 PM
No amount of 'goading' can justify someone launching a pound coin directly at Lennon's face. He could have lost an eye.

OxoHibby
31-10-2018, 09:33 PM

FFS why does this always happen on .net? It's like the reverse of the weedgie whataboutery

Lago
31-10-2018, 09:34 PM
**** off ********
Unnecessary.

nickwhibs
31-10-2018, 09:35 PM
I agree with you, Lennon had done a lot for Hibs but this habit he has of goading the opposition doesn't reflect well on him. Man of his position should rise above any abuse, loads of players and managers get a hard time but don't react to the fans.

So you think it's right that a guy should just rise above getting abused for 90 minutes, and not be allowed a bit of banter back?? If these so-called fans can't control themselves with someone winding them up they should stay away from football. The game is better for characters like Neil Lennon. Football is a pantomime and he has done absolutely nothing wrong.

Pete

That game was an absolute powder keg, both on and off the pitch. Goading the support like that was sheer madness.
I’m not condoning what the ******** in the crowd did but Neil was in no way blameless.

We’re talking about crossing a line here and it’s the Hearts fans who did that. They broke the law and there should be absolutely no excuses, especially as they are the ones who instigated all this.

We can play around with dictionary definitions if we want but if Neil Lennon has turned round without provocation and behaved like that I would maybe accuse him of goading but all he was doing was giving a small percentage back of what he received.

I can’t believe the position some people are taking on this.

The Harp Awakes

I'm sorry mate but this high and almighty stuff about being a leader is utter drivel. Lennon is the Manager he is because of his passion and refusal to be intimidated. He's a human being and reacted emotionally at a ground he has been assaulted at during a game previously.

trev the hat
If only he knew how to set up a team in big games away from home.

Correct

One Day Soon
31-10-2018, 09:36 PM
I’m sorry but goading fans when the goals just been disallowed. Really? You comfortable with that? If we had scored like at ibrox then great. fair play. Not for me in this instance. Didn’t help matters and possibly was the direct trigger for the incident. IMO he shouldn’t be doing it.

Actually, yes totally comfortable with it.

He gets sectarian abuse all evening of the most vile kind. No-one intervenes, no arrests are made, no attempt is made to dissuade the perpetrators, no-one from their own side remonstrates in any way about it. No announcement is made at half time on behalf of the club to call it out.

When he finally gets a chance to give some back after a goal is ruled offside what does he do? He makes some sit down gestures. And for that he gets coined in the face.

So yeah, I'm extremely comfortable with it. In fact if anyone should be uncomfortable it should be any club that tolerates routine generalised sectarian singing and chanting and the personal targeting of an individual.

I'm pretty confident the mutants engaging in this targeting were't doing it because he's ginger.

madhatter

Cantona? Mourinho to Chelsea assistant? Chelsea assistant celebrating in front of Mourinho twice? Let’s not get an image of Lennon being different to anybody else.

I’ve had players shush my section of ER when they’ve scored a goal, I’ve never been compelled to assault them. Fans are to blame, both clubs are to blame for not getting the problematic fans in line. Hearts don’t seem to do anything to rectify this problem, happens very often at that ground.

Players and managers can celebrate however they like if it is within reason and the rules of the game. Fans need to clean up their act.

one day maybe...

What a **** reply. Grown men who can’t control their emotions and deem it ok to throw objects, bottles, coins or whatever they deem fit. I’m abused in a pub because I’m wearing green and the bigoted clientele think they can throw **** at me, I stand up and open my arms to jest them. Yes I accept a swift kicking may be coming my way... but this guys at his work, giving it back.. no need for cowardly coin throwing 🇳🇬

Pete
31-10-2018, 09:38 PM
A wry smile, maybe a bit of a wave would be reacting to the abuse. He was proactively trying to wind them up.

Ah, so there’s acceptable levels of reacting now. Maybe that would have resulted in less coins being thrown and Lennon not being hit by a lucky one.

No. It’s the personal responsibility of the Hearts fans to behave in a way that’s within the confines of the law, no matter what gestures someone is making at them.

OxoHibby
31-10-2018, 09:39 PM

In the heated atmosphere of a derby, and as our figurehead, he should be bigger/better than that. That's all I'm saying.

In the heated atmosphere of a derby he should be our figurehead. You said it seems like he was. Does that deserve being twatted by something? For too many years we have given into them

greenlex
31-10-2018, 09:39 PM
No amount of 'goading' can justify someone launching a pound coin directly at Lennon's face. He could have lost an eye.
Correct.

cabbageandribs1875
31-10-2018, 09:40 PM
i'm hearing it was Budge that threw the coin, it did appear to come from the area where her throne is and i did wonder why she was wearing a huge big coat from the 60's(probably purchased when hertz last won the LC) but she could easily smuggle in a few bottles o buckie under it....and a bag of coins

Beefster

When those other players and managers have had decades of sectarian abuse, attacks, death threats and bullets in the post from credible threats, it’ll be fair to compare Neil Lennon’s reaction to abuse to theirs.

One Day Soon
Unnecessary.

Unintelligible

greenlex
31-10-2018, 09:41 PM
I'm sorry mate but this high and almighty stuff about being a leader is utter drivel. Lennon is the Manager he is because of his passion and refusal to be intimidated. He's a human being and reacted emotionally at a ground he has been assaulted at during a game previously.
No it’s not.

Doh Rae Me
31-10-2018, 09:41 PM

So he deserves a coin in the face?
After taking abuse from them for 90 minutes?
If fans are happy to dish it out they should be happy to take a wee bit back and not revert to cowardly
attacks.
I absolutely adore Neil Lennon and I'm 100% behind him.

adhibs
31-10-2018, 09:42 PM
Winds them up stinking, takes a fall and waste away a valuable few seconds of injury time :greengrin

Has to take the blame for that performance though

TheHarpy76
We’re talking about crossing a line here and it’s the Hearts fans who did that. They broke the law and there should be absolutely no excuses, especially as they are the ones who instigated all this.

We can play around with dictionary definitions if we want but if Neil Lennon has turned round without provocation and behaved like that I would maybe accuse him of goading but all he was doing was giving a small percentage back of what he received.

I can’t believe the position some people are taking on this.

Not a single person has denied that it was ultimately the fan who over stepped the mark. No matter how you paint it up though, Neil was also in the wrong.
I completely respect your opinion but I think it’s going to be one of those agree to disagree scenarios.

murray26
When those other players and managers have had decades of sectarian abuse, attacks, death threats and bullets in the post from credible threats, it’ll be fair to compare Neil Lennon’s reaction to abuse to theirs.

Very good point..

Peevemor
31-10-2018, 09:43 PM
What a **** reply. Grown men who can’t control their emotions and deem it ok to throw objects, bottles, coins or whatever they deem fit. I’m abused in a pub because I’m wearing green and the bigoted clientele think they can throw **** at me, I stand up and open my arms to jest them. Yes I accept a swift kicking may be coming my way... but this guys at his work, giving it back.. no need for cowardly coin throwing [emoji1184]OK, but the reality is that there are lowlifes who don't think twice about chucking coins & stuff. There are ****bags that'll jump the barrier to assault managers.

Neil Lennon knows this only too well and should probably think about the consequences of his actions.

JeMeSouviens
Radio Scotland reporting a linesman hit by something from the crowd as well.

greenlex
Well he was goading them.:greengrin

Peevemor
31-10-2018, 09:44 PM
i'm hearing it was Budge that threw the coin, it did appear to come from the area where her throne is and i did wonder why she was wearing a huge big coat from the 60's(probably purchased when hertz last won the LC) but she could easily smuggle in a few bottles o buckie under it....and a bag of coinsI heard that too. An anonymous donor gave her the coin.

The 90+2

Yep he did. **** knows why? Set out not to lose.

cabbageandribs1875
So he deserves a coin in the face?
After taking abuse from them for 90 minutes?
If fans are happy to dish it out they should be happy to take a wee bit back and not revert to cowardly
attacks.
I absolutely adore Neil Lennon and I'm 100% behind him.

and not forgetting the coward/s who must have saw the coin-throwing coward but have failed to question the cowardice

Silky
31-10-2018, 09:45 PM

As they were with him, no? He gets it tight there constantly ;gets called every fenian going yet gives it back and is damned for doing so. Is it any different to the aeroplane against Rangers which we all thought was banter and didn't merit a sending off? The point is some wee greeting jambo gave it and couldn't take it. That's not Neil's fault.

TheHarpy76
31-10-2018, 09:46 PM
What a **** reply. Grown men who can’t control their emotions and deem it ok to throw objects, bottles, coins or whatever they deem fit. I’m abused in a pub because I’m wearing green and the bigoted clientele think they can throw **** at me, I stand up and open my arms to jest them. Yes I accept a swift kicking may be coming my way... but this guys at his work, giving it back.. no need for cowardly coin throwing 🇳🇬

A **** reply?

How ironic.

BH Hibs
There’s only one Neil Lennon

greenlex
Cantona? Mourinho to Chelsea assistant? Chelsea assistant celebrating in front of Mourinho twice? Let’s not get an image of Lennon being different to anybody else.

I’ve had players shush my section of ER when they’ve scored a goal, I’ve never been compelled to assault them. Fans are to blame, both clubs are to blame for not getting the problematic fans in line. Hearts don’t seem to do anything to rectify this problem, happens very often at that ground.

Players and managers can celebrate however they like if it is within reason and the rules of the game. Fans need to clean up their act.
I’m all for celebrating however they like within reason. Just like it to be celebrating the right reasons.

Eyrie
31-10-2018, 09:47 PM
Absolutely no problem with Lennon's response after the disallowed goal to the idiots who had been giving him abuse all game. If you can't take it, don't give it. It certainly doesn't justify throwing a coin at someone in an attempt to injure them.

PS: Lennon made a meal of going down, but it was a smart move to delay the game.

Doh Rae Me

Seconded

Silky
A **** reply?

How ironic.

Why?

Pete
OK, but the reality is that there are lowlifes who don't think twice about chucking coins & stuff. There are ****bags that'll jump the barrier to assault managers.

Neil Lennon knows this only too well and should probably think about the consequences of his actions.

You make them sound like wild animals who are incapable of rational thought and simply following their instincts.

If this sort of thing makes them react in that way then so be it. I’d rather they reacted and were called out for their behaviour.

It’s just a shame some want to attach some blame to the person who was the victim.

JeMeSouviens
Correction- *both* linesmen!

cabbageandribs1875
I heard that too. An anonymous donor gave her the coin.

:hilarious

Peevemor
As they were with him, no? He gets it tight there constantly ;gets called every fenian going yet gives it back and is damned for doing so. Is it any different to the aeroplane against Rangers which we all thought was banter and didn't merit a sending off? The point is some wee greeting jambo gave it and couldn't take it. That's not Neil's fault.No, the aeroplane was banter but definitely merited a sending off. The extended ban was a bit much, but that was down to his previous.

One Day Soon
31-10-2018, 09:48 PM
Yep he did. **** knows why? Set out not to lose.

That is bollocks.

Skol

Main stand linesman was hit by a carton of juice from the Hibs fans

Pete
Correction- *both* linesmen!

Disgraceful.

Mr Grieves
31-10-2018, 09:49 PM

Spot on

greenlex
31-10-2018, 09:49 PM
Maybe he should be getting on with his work.

OxoHibby
31-10-2018, 09:50 PM

There's only one Neil Lennon

James310
31-10-2018, 09:51 PM
100% behind Neil Lennon on this.

One Day Soon
31-10-2018, 09:51 PM
Maybe he should be getting on with his work.

You think Lennon wasn't?

greenlex
31-10-2018, 09:52 PM
You think Lennon wasn't?
At the time he was hit by the coin he was facing up the Hearts fans. You think at that moment he was?

One Day Soon
31-10-2018, 09:53 PM
At the time he was hit by the coin he was facing up the Hearts fans. You think at that moment he was?

Yes I do. As I posted earlier this is what I think:

He gets sectarian abuse all evening of the most vile kind. No-one intervenes, no arrests are made, no attempt is made to dissuade the perpetrators, no-one from their own side remonstrates in any way about it. No announcement is made at half time on behalf of the club to call it out.

When he finally gets a chance to give some back after a goal is ruled offside what does he do? He makes some sit down gestures. And for that he gets coined in the face.

So yeah, I'm extremely comfortable with his conduct. In fact if anyone should be uncomfortable it should be any club that tolerates routine generalised sectarian singing and chanting and the personal targeting of an individual.

I'm pretty confident the mutants engaging in this targeting were't doing it because he's ginger.

31-10-2018, 09:58 PM

Are you ok?

CMac1988
31-10-2018, 10:06 PM

So yeah, I'm extremely comfortable with his conduct. In fact if anyone should be uncomfortable it should be any club that tolerates routine generalised sectarian singing and chanting and the personal targeting of an individual.

Can't argue with that. Only thing I'd add is (ignoring probable sectarian abuse for a sec) I'll never understand fans who dish it out all game but get upset when a player or manager gives it back.

madhatter
31-10-2018, 10:07 PM
I’m all for celebrating however they like within reason. Just like it to be celebrating the right reasons.

What are the right reasons? Riordan shushed this lot and had a fan run on to assault him. Lennon was assaulted when Celtic manager at the same ground. He has now been coined. Lennon gets abuse at every single stadium he is at (except 2), and gets punished for what you would say is nothing/a bit of fun - the airplane celebration. These fans who are actually committing crimes are seemingly not being punished, Hearts have some audacity complaining about opposing fans.

Rangers fans sing a song that is supposed to be banned. Hearts have had a recent history of players and managers being attacked and tend to sing the exact same banned song. Hibs fans need to clean up their act as well but as far as players and managers are concerned they should be able to cup their ears and shush fans whenever they like. We need a strong Football Authority and I fear that won’t happen until someone like Dempster is in charge. Our culture needs to change.

Jamietodd11
31-10-2018, 10:13 PM
The man is passionate and had the same reaction to the offside goal as every other hibs fan in the ground, absolutely nothing wrong with it considering the abuse he would have been receiving for 90 mins. Can't wait to scud these c**ts at ER. GGTTH

Weir07
31-10-2018, 10:25 PM

To an honest people that shout abuse are just morons that are best ignored, reacting to them only gives them some sort of satisfaction, they should an treated like the non entities that they are.

Dashing Bob S
31-10-2018, 10:31 PM
Never loved a Hibs manager like I do this man

Silky
31-10-2018, 10:31 PM
The man is passionate and had the same reaction to the offside goal as every other hibs fan in the ground, absolutely nothing wrong with it considering the abuse he would have been receiving for 90 mins. Can't wait to scud these c**ts at ER. GGTTH

Agreed. I struggle to see the why some are condemning him for his reaction. Fans are too quick to give it out and canny take it when it's given back.

Was what Neil did really any different from a player running in front of opposition fans celebrating a goal? I remember Cummings scoring infont of the Hearts fans at ER and celebrating in front if them. Was he condemned? No. We loved it. It was a wind up. What's the difference? Nothing. I don't see the problem with what Neil done at all.

CMurdoch
31-10-2018, 10:33 PM
All clubs including our own have fans with no sense of humour or entertainment.

Tonight's assault on Neil Lennon is an extreme example of where verbal abuse has given way to a violent act.
If I was a Hearts fan (I know) I would have been entertained by Lennon's gesture tonight and if he had been the subject of verbal abuse all night I would have thought good on you and had a good laugh at all the idiots losing their ****.

I laughed at Hibs supporting idiots at Easter Road losing their **** at Rudi S after he responded with a gesture after said baw bags had been verbally abusing him.
One guy was frothing at the mouth. Hilarious.

Kris Boyd doing the fat bloke gesture after scoring and getting abuse is entertainment. Boyd deals with it well and understands how it all works.

Lennon doing the aeroplane was entertainment.

If I was Lennon would i have made the gestures tonight. Definitely not, however, he did nothing wrong and hopefully the humourless violent idiot who assaulted him will be identified and dealt with by the criminal courts.

Angry football fans with no sense of humour or entertainment are the problem not the players or management teams.

Jamietodd11
31-10-2018, 10:39 PM
Agreed. I struggle to see the why some are condemning him for his reaction. Fans are too quick to give it out and canny take it when it's given back.

Was what Neil did really any different from a player running in front of opposition fans celebrating a goal? I remember Cummings scoring infont of the Hearts fans at ER and celebrating in front if them. Was he condemned? No. We loved it. It was a wind up. What's the difference? Nothing. I don't see the problem with what Neil done at all.

Exactly mate, just makes me love lennon more and more

yonder1875
31-10-2018, 10:47 PM

Bang on

truehibernian
31-10-2018, 10:51 PM
Neil gets too wound up at Tynecastle and I seriously think that it affects the players on the day. I know from that game last season where we lost he was pretty unbearable from arrival until the end of the game (which seriously affected the squad harmony). It definitely affected some of the staff and players. He really does need to temper it - people saying they 'love it' need to see the bigger picture and how it has an adverse effect in these environments.

He can be who he is, a winner and great coach, and stay dignified. For me he got way to wound up again and it's counter productive at their place. Win the game, wait for the final whistle, and take the acclaim. For me, dare I say it 'cos I don't like him, Gary Caldwell was bang on tonight.

The Harp Awakes
31-10-2018, 10:54 PM

:top marks

biscuitersed75
31-10-2018, 10:57 PM
Never loved a Hibs manager like I do this manWith you on this one, totally. Yet, still subject to the occasional scathing criticism (witness this thread) when he has the audacity to bite back at the sectarian s***e he has to put up with.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

The Harp Awakes
31-10-2018, 11:05 PM
Neil gets too wound up at Tynecastle and I seriously think that it affects the players on the day. I know from that game last season where we lost he was pretty unbearable from arrival until the end of the game (which seriously affected the squad harmony). It definitely affected some of the staff and players. He really does need to temper it - people saying they 'love it' need to see the bigger picture and how it has an adverse effect in these environments.

He can be who he is, a winner and great coach, and stay dignified. For me he got way to wound up again and it's counter productive at their place. Win the game, wait for the final whistle, and take the acclaim. For me, dare I say it 'cos I don't like him, Gary Caldwell was bang on tonight.

Although I understand where you're coming from I think you're wrong. Lennon is the good Manager he is because of his passion and emotion. Take that away and he would be an ordinary Manager.

What I would say, is that of the 2 teams fielded tonight, Hibs had the talent to win comfortably. They should be going to Tynecastle with a much more positive attitude as we have better players than them. We matched Hearts physicality which is down to Lennon, but I think he needs to allow Hibs to play the way they do against every other side - attack, attack, attack as we'd destroy them. Instead we get involved in a battle.

NAE NOOKIE
31-10-2018, 11:11 PM
When the TV cameras cut away to Neil Lennon with a huge grin on his coupon and arms outstretched after the 'goal' was disallowed I was in fits of laughter, I thought it was brilliant :faf:

If that had been Levine at Easter Road I would have been outraged :grr:

:nlgwa

:greengrin

truehibernian
31-10-2018, 11:14 PM
Although I understand where you're coming from I think you're wrong. Lennon is the good Manager he is because of his passion and emotion. Take that away and he would be an ordinary Manager.

What I would say, is that of the 2 teams fielded tonight, Hibs had the talent to win comfortably. They should be going to Tynecastle with a much more positive attitude as we have better players than them. We matched Hearts physicality which is down to Lennon, but I think he needs to allow Hibs to play the way they do against every other side - attack, attack, attack as we'd destroy them. Instead we get involved in a battle.

I'm only saying from experience mate - he was unbearable in the 2-1 loss and got way too involved with the crowd then too. That passes on to the players, positively and sadly negatively.

He needs to just rein it in that's all I'm saying - wait until we have won before the antics :agree:

greenlex
01-11-2018, 04:14 AM
What are the right reasons? Riordan shushed this lot and had a fan run on to assault him. Lennon was assaulted when Celtic manager at the same ground. He has now been coined. Lennon gets abuse at every single stadium he is at (except 2), and gets punished for what you would say is nothing/a bit of fun - the airplane celebration. These fans who are actually committing crimes are seemingly not being punished, Hearts have some audacity complaining about opposing fans.

Rangers fans sing a song that is supposed to be banned. Hearts have had a recent history of players and managers being attacked and tend to sing the exact same banned song. Hibs fans need to clean up their act as well but as far as players and managers are concerned they should be able to cup their ears and shush fans whenever they like. We need a strong Football Authority and I fear that won’t happen until someone like Dempster is in charge. Our culture needs to change.
How about a goal for us or actually winning a game. Even gaining the pointlast night after being down to ten men.
There was nothing wrong with the aeroplane or cupping iof his ears or a GIRUY celebration.
I’m all for showing passion and love the man to bits but there’s a time for it. I don’t think that was one last night. The fan should be hammered for his actions.

Brizo
01-11-2018, 06:14 AM

Biggie
01-11-2018, 06:17 AM
This, this and this again.

The Spaceman
01-11-2018, 06:23 AM
Considering the man has been viciously assaulted multiple times at Tynecastle, he has every right to stick it right up those pigs.

One Neil Lennon. Favourite Hibs manager ever.

calumhibee1
01-11-2018, 06:24 AM
The thread on JKB about him is hilarious. He’s apparently the biggest problem Scotland has regarding sectarianism (says the fans who sing week in week out about being up to their knees in Fenian blood, **** the pope and the IRA etc at a football match :confused:) and he brought the whole thing on himself by goading the Hearts fans with no mention of the fact that he’d have just spent an hour and a half being abused/goaded (sectarianly) by thousands of people. Does Lennon behave like that against St Johnstone or Ross County etc? No, because they don’t spend 90 minutes spewing venom his way. Not difficult to comprehend Jambos.

Hard of thinking over there.

The Harp Awakes
01-11-2018, 06:35 AM
The thread on JKB about him is hilarious. He’s apparently the biggest problem Scotland has regarding sectarianism (says the fans who sing week in week out about being up to their knees in Fenian blood, **** the pope and the IRA etc at a football match :confused:) and he brought the whole thing on himself by goading the Hearts fans with no mention of the fact that he’d have just spent an hour and a half being abused/goaded (sectarianly) by thousands of people. Does Lennon behave like that against St Johnstone or Ross County etc? No, because they don’t spend 90 minutes spewing venom his way. Not difficult to comprehend Jambos.

Hard of thinking over there.

Mix mob mentality with religious bigotry and sadly that's what you get. The individual who stands up to it (Lennon) is seen as being the problem. What they're all saying is that he should just roll over and accept the bigotry and abuse from the hoards in the stand - Neil's not the kind of character to do that, so he reacts with a bit of banter as he did at Ibrox. Good for him. Long may he be Hibs Manager.

yonder1875
01-11-2018, 06:43 AM
Not sure if anyone has seen former Hearts striker Stephen Elliot’s comments on Twitter. Constantly saying how bad it is from Lennon and how he should be embarrassed (!!) and then a wee line at the end saying he still shouldn’t have been struck.

Typical Hearts *******.

Coco Bryce
01-11-2018, 06:52 AM

I agree.

Sadly this seems to be the norm against then now. Why does he persist on changing the team/formation against them when it clearly doesn't work.

bigwheel
01-11-2018, 07:07 AM
I agree.

Sadly this seems to be the norm against then now. Why does he persist on changing the team/formation against them when it clearly doesn't work.

I didn't enjoy it last night...but I suspect by getting a point, he will think it did work....

SirDavidsNapper
01-11-2018, 07:21 AM
Thought he got his team selection and tactics spot on. We've tried to play football there before and got punished. If we'd lost people would have said we should have gone more physical and we didn't learn our lessons. We weathered the early storm and took control of the first half. Hearts tactics failed not ours. They tried for an early goal to protect and didn't get it. All ifs and buts now but i think we'd have won with 11 men. We'd have got a couple more chances and Flo always likely to take at least one.

On the flip side i thought once again at Tynecastle Lennons actions were rediculous. Can't wind up opposition fans in a derby then demand respect. He doesn't help himself at times. Shocking he was hit by a coin but what did he expect? A round of applause?

Elephant Stone
01-11-2018, 07:25 AM

I find your stance on this pretty annoying, if I decide to come to your house and throw a weapon in your face then I think you can consider yourself partly or wholly responsible because you provoked me into it.

Speedway
01-11-2018, 07:26 AM
I find your stance on this pretty annoying, if I decide to come to your house and throw a weapon in your face then I think you can consider yourself partly or wholly responsible because you provoked me into it.

If he’s at your house doing it on purpose then YES!!

Elephant Stone
01-11-2018, 07:34 AM
If he’s at your house doing it on purpose then YES!!

If he's at my house being annoying then he's partly or wholly responsible for me chucking a weapon into his face. Right.

bigwheel
01-11-2018, 07:34 AM
The sectarian abuse he receives for the whole game each time we go there is disgusting...Hearts should come out and demand it stops. They've done nothing about it. the fact he gives them a bit back is quite within his rights...it doesn't mean a) he wasn't doing his job as someone seems to suggest and b) he caused the coin throwing event.

Equally, the twats from our side that throw things and try to hit a goalie when he is just doing his job deserve to be banned - pricks!

jacomo
01-11-2018, 07:46 AM
Disgraceful that Neil Lennon got struck by a coin.

Should be a criminal matter imo.

Speedway
01-11-2018, 07:58 AM
If he's at my house being annoying then he's partly or wholly responsible for me chucking a weapon into his face. Right.

If we score a last minute winner at ER against the yam and it’s fisallowed and Levain takes the piss out of the Hibs fans, when he’s got form for doing it several times before, did he incite violence yes.

Is the violence acceptable no. Both parties are in the wrong.

SirDavidsNapper
01-11-2018, 08:02 AM
Hunderds/thousands of boozed up opposition derby fans goading a high profile manager with a tendency to lose the plot - wrong but to be expected.

One high profile experienced manager goading hunderds/thousands of boozed up opposition derby fans after a last minute disallowed goal - Stupid, naive and asking for trouble.

Lennon is paid a huge salary to be able to handle things like that. He wears his heart on his sleeve i get that but he should be able to rise above that nonsence and see the bigger picture. He's a football man and knows the script. Hearts fans know how to get a reaction out of Lennon and usually do. How can Lennon discipline the likes of Kamberi for losing his head when he does it himself?

It's difficult as Lennons is the person he is. He isn't going to change it's pretty clear. I really like him but i fear he's going to end up taking a sore one eventually.

bigwheel
01-11-2018, 08:03 AM
If we score a last minute winner at ER against the yam and it’s fisallowed and Levain takes the piss out of the Hibs fans, when he’s got form for doing it several times before, did he incite violence yes.

Levein doesn't get anywhere near the hate from us that Lennon does from them..To be honest. I don't think anyone in Scottish football gets the hate that Lennon receives. And if Levein was to laugh and GIRU us..it would be fair play to him...people who give it, should be prepared to take it back.

SirDavidsNapper
01-11-2018, 08:03 AM

Spot on

Hibrandenburg
01-11-2018, 08:04 AM

So yeah, I'm extremely comfortable with it. In fact if anyone should be uncomfortable it should be any club that tolerates routine generalised sectarian singing and chanting and the personal targeting of an individual.

:agree: and add to it that he managed to redirect the attention of the mutants onto himself and away from the 10 men left on the pitch.

My only criticism would be that he needs to brush up on his acting skills.

Blaster
01-11-2018, 08:06 AM
Levein doesn't get anywhere near the hate from us that Lennon does from them..To be honest. I don't think anyone in Scottish football gets the hate that Lennon receives. And if Levein was to laugh and GIRU us..it would be fair play to him...people who give it, should be prepared to take it back.

And hearts managers have done it many a time when beating us at Easter road and not once have they been attacked or hit with a missile

Elephant Stone
01-11-2018, 08:12 AM

Did he incite the viable bombs being sent to his house as well by being annoying at football matches?

Just out of interest, if someone had shot him from the stand last night would he have have incited that?

Edit: and the 'hang Neil Lennon' graffiti, suppose him being annoying incited that kind of hatred as well. Only has himself to blame eh.

bingo70
01-11-2018, 08:19 AM
I can't believe there's people suggesting Lennon should take any sort of the blame for last night. Absolutely incredible.

I don't really care what he did to 'provoke' the Hearts fans. In fact, i do, it was hilarious, i was pishing myself when i watched it. The poor hearts fans didn't like it when the bad man made fun of them? So what? Call him an ******** or whatever and then look back and laugh at it an hour or so later. If the Hearts fans can't control their behaviour when something doesn't go their way or they can't handle a guy playing the panto villain and having a laugh then they are 100% to blame not Lennon.

bigwheel
01-11-2018, 08:20 AM
I can't believe there's people suggesting Lennon should take any sort of the blame for last night. Absolutely incredible.

I don't really care what he did to 'provoke' the Hearts fans. In fact, i do, it was hilarious, i was pishing myself when i watched it. The poor hearts fans didn't like it when the bad man made fun of them? So what? Call him an ******** or whatever and then look back and laugh at it an hour or so later. If the Hearts fans can't control their behaviour when something doesn't go their way or they can't handle a guy playing the panto villain and having a laugh then they are 100% to blame not Lennon.

completely agree with this....

greenlex
01-11-2018, 08:37 AM
I find your stance on this pretty annoying, if I decide to come to your house and throw a weapon in your face then I think you can consider yourself partly or wholly responsible because you provoked me into it. why are you so annoyed? Because I express a valid opinion? Then no. If it’s to wind you up (and it’s not) then yes of course I am.

greenlex
01-11-2018, 08:37 AM
Absolutely.

greenlex
01-11-2018, 08:40 AM

Can’t agree. If he doesn’t do it then there’s no reaction. He really didn’t need to do it.

Elephant Stone
01-11-2018, 08:40 AM
Absolutely.

Do you chuck weapons in people's faces a lot? There's so much provocation out there these days, you're well within your rights to completely escalate the situation well out of proportion and risk causing a life changing injury.

bigwheel
01-11-2018, 08:46 AM
Can’t agree. If he doesn’t do it then there’s no reaction.

Sorry. That counter doesn’t stand up to scrutiny...are you saying that a manager can’t give a bit back after 90 mins plus of Hate. It was banter and did not deserve to provoke such a response .

bingo70
01-11-2018, 08:51 AM
Can’t agree. If he doesn’t do it then there’s no reaction. He really didn’t need to do it.

Nobody needs to do anything as long as it's not hurting someone else. He reacted the way that came natural to him, if the morons behind the dug out don't like that then it's tough.

Why should he have to curb his managerial style and personality to suit these idiots that can't behave themselves?

Where does the line get drawn with this nonsense? If we scored and he turned round and happen to look in their direction while smiling they probably wouldn't like that either, would that be provocation for a coin to be thrown at him?

If i was a jambo, god forbid, and i was sitting behind the dug out and he did what he did last night, do you know what i would have thrown at him? Absolutely nothing and i am sure you wouldn't either, as that is the normal thing to do. The guy that threw the coin is the one that acted in the abnormal way, not Lennon.

matty_f
01-11-2018, 08:59 AM

Poor post.
:agree:
Lennon's reaction was probably the highlight of my night, clamped the Jambos in the pub who were giving it big licks when the ball went in.

Let's be honest, it wasn't friendly banter that Lennon was reacting to, I have no issue at all with him taking advantage of an opportunity to give some back.

matty_f
01-11-2018, 09:02 AM
Nobody needs to do anything as long as it's not hurting someone else. He reacted the way that came natural to him, if the morons behind the dug out don't like that then it's tough.

Why should he have to curb his managerial style and personality to suit these idiots that can't behave themselves?

Where does the line get drawn with this nonsense? If we scored and he turned round and happen to look in their direction while smiling they probably wouldn't like that either, would that be provocation for a coin to be thrown at him?

If i was a jambo, god forbid, and i was sitting behind the dug out and he did what he did last night, do you know what i would have thrown at him? Absolutely nothing and i am sure you wouldn't either, as that is the normal thing to do. The guy that threw the coin is the one that acted in the abnormal way, not Lennon.

I couldn't agree with this post more.

Lennon isn't the issue.

Danderhall Hibs
01-11-2018, 09:10 AM

Correct.

greenlex
01-11-2018, 09:17 AM
The coin thrower is 100% to blame for throwing the coin. Lennon is 100% to blame for goading the hearts fans. Lennon isn’t to blame for the hearts fans actions but he is a factor. He can be passionate all he wants and I’m all fir it. He shouldn’t be deliberately noising them up. I’m done.

tonyrougier123
01-11-2018, 09:42 AM
The poison in the game last night played in to ther hands not ours,helped by a ref who was so bad its laughable.thats the real issue for me,refs who canny control a game reffin at this level.its diabolical stuff.causes mayhem in a game and in the stands.felt like ref never had his whistle out his mouth.

bigwheel
01-11-2018, 09:47 AM
The coin thrower is 100% to blame for throwing the coin. Lennon is 100% to blame for goading the hearts fans. Lennon isn’t to blame for the hearts fans actions but he is a factor. He can be passionate all he wants and I’m all fir it. He shouldn’t be deliberately noising them up. I’m done.

The difference is , Lennon’s actions didn’t hurt anyone ...it sounds like you feel managers should be emotionless.

greenlex
01-11-2018, 09:59 AM
The difference is , Lennon’s actions didn’t hurt anyone ...it sounds like you feel managers should be emotionless.
What part of I’m all “fir”passion didn’t you understand?

Phil MaGlass
01-11-2018, 10:06 AM
Hunderds/thousands of boozed up opposition derby fans goading a high profile manager with a tendency to lose the plot - wrong but to be expected.

One high profile experienced manager goading hunderds/thousands of boozed up opposition derby fans after a last minute disallowed goal - Stupid, naive and asking for trouble.

Lennon is paid a huge salary to be able to handle things like that. He wears his heart on his sleeve i get that but he should be able to rise above that nonsence and see the bigger picture. He's a football man and knows the script. Hearts fans know how to get a reaction out of Lennon and usually do. How can Lennon discipline the likes of Kamberi for losing his head when he does it himself?

It's difficult as Lennons is the person he is. He isn't going to change it's pretty clear. I really like him but i fear he's going to end up taking a sore one eventually.

I didnt see Lennon losing his head last nite, not even after he was hit by a coin. I saw a passionate football man

Elephant Stone
01-11-2018, 10:23 AM
Just launched an old woman down a flight of stairs, I held the door open for her and she didn't say thanks or nothing. She knows she needs to say thank you because I've already thrown her down stairs before for this. Provocative cow.

Peevemor
01-11-2018, 10:28 AM
Just launched an old woman down a flight of stairs, I held the door open for her and she didn't say thanks or nothing. She knows she needs to say thank you because I've already thrown her down stairs before for this. Provocative cow.Yeah, it's exactly the same thing right enough. FFS.

Elephant Stone
01-11-2018, 10:46 AM
Yeah, it's exactly the same thing right enough. FFS.

Substitute the old lady for an able bodied man and the principle is exactly the same. Although I would say launching a pound coin from height and distance at someone's face is more likely to cause a life changing injury.

Hibbyradge
01-11-2018, 10:49 AM
Why do the police and stewards allow fans to abuse opposition players and managers to the extent they do?

If you behaved like that in any other situation, you would risk arrest.

If those in authority seriously want to address this issue, they should start by ejecting offenders.

Hibbyradge
01-11-2018, 10:55 AM
Substitute the old lady for an able bodied man and the principle is exactly the same. Although I would say launching a pound coin from height and distance at someone's face is more likely to cause a life changing injury.

No, it's not a good analogy.

If you were furiously angry about something that happened in your stair and a neighbour you absolutely hated laughed in your face about it while making calm down gestures at you, you might do something you shouldn't.

This would be even more likely if you'd had a bevy, you could do it from a distance, and were fairly confident of not getting caught.

bigwheel
01-11-2018, 11:22 AM
What part of I’m all “fir”passion didn’t you understand?

The bit where you want passion without any human emotional reactions as part of it..

Bad Martini
01-11-2018, 12:16 PM
Some pish been spouted here.

How much pelters can YOU take before YOU snap? And when you do, is it mocking the person (or in this case, thousands) winding you up? Hmm. I think some seriously big double standards are at work here; either that or we've got a support of saints in waiting which, may be the case I grant you. Likely though eh?

We moaned for years about having managers who don't give a toss. We get one who does then some moan that he sticks up for himself and gives them (and all others to be fair) some back and gets animated, sometimes booked and seems to (on the face of it) give a toss.

:rolleyes:

...doesn't mean goading thousands of folk is a wise move but surely folk understand why and that changes it a wee bitty? Either way, no excuse for someone taking exception to him defending himself and lobbing a coin at his puss.

WhileTheChief..
01-11-2018, 12:20 PM

Agree with every word.

Once again he’s subjected to abuse for the whole game but these welts can’t take a bit back.

100% behind Lennon on this.

bingo70
01-11-2018, 12:31 PM
https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/news/entertainment/hang-neil-lennon-graffiti-emerges-after-fiery-hearts-hibs-derby-1-4823088

All his own fault though eh :rolleyes:

WhileTheChief..
01-11-2018, 12:47 PM
Kickback giving Lennon and Dempster pelters today.

All his fault for goading.

PatHead
01-11-2018, 12:47 PM
https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/news/entertainment/hang-neil-lennon-graffiti-emerges-after-fiery-hearts-hibs-derby-1-4823088

All his own fault though eh :rolleyes:

Typical Evening News. If they had looked on here yesterday they would have seen comments about this.

Not after but before the match.

BegbieHSC
01-11-2018, 02:44 PM
Did anyone see this outside Tynie? Genuinely upset about this. No one can say that Lenny isn’t allowed to hit back occasionally. We’re genuinely so lucky to still have him - most would have left after the **** Lenny’s put up with. I admire him so much.

This is genuinely disgusting. Hearts fans are huns - no other words.

green day
01-11-2018, 02:50 PM

Yes, well they are never known for rational behaviour. Probably one of theirs that spraypainted the "Hang Neil Lennon" graffiti.

Slightly unclear what LD has done though?

bingo70
01-11-2018, 02:54 PM
Yes, well they are never known for rational behaviour. Probably one of theirs that spraypainted the "Hang Neil Lennon" graffiti.

Slightly unclear what LD has done though?

She was on Talk Sport earlier and she said that she didn't agree with Jim White that Lennon was goading the Hearts supporters.

TBH it was one of those ones, White was trying to put words in her mouth and was twisting what she was saying so she seemed to just say that to stop the line of questioning (i don't actually think she came across that well but that may be because of Whites questioning) She also couldn't really give her full opinion as she would need to be mindful of any investigations that come from this.

My fear from all of this is that Lennon gets called up before the beaks for provoking them. Would be ridiculous if it happens but i wouldn't rule anything out with those clowns.

Kato
01-11-2018, 03:11 PM
To an honest people that shout abuse are just morons that are best ignored, reacting to them only gives them some sort of satisfaction, they should an treated like the non entities that they are.

Easy to write those words. Walk a mile and n Lennon's shoes, I'm sure you'd think differently.

green day
01-11-2018, 03:14 PM
She was on Talk Sport earlier and she said that she didn't agree with Jim White that Lennon was goading the Hearts supporters.

TBH it was one of those ones, White was trying to put words in her mouth and was twisting what she was saying so she seemed to just say that to stop the line of questioning (i don't actually think she came across that well but that may be because of Whites questioning) She also couldn't really give her full opinion as she would need to be mindful of any investigations that come from this.

My fear from all of this is that Lennon gets called up before the beaks for provoking them. Would be ridiculous if it happens but i wouldn't rule anything out with those clowns.

Cheers - I turned it off when they had a phone in and the first two callers were a pretty sensible Jambo, then a Rangers fan who did the usual platitudes of "its unacceptable to throw stuff/punch a player etc" then came out with the usual "however, Neil Lennon.....he really must have a look at himself here, his actions might have provoked an idiot" to which Jim White murmured his agreement.

Victim blaming at its worst.

Its a crap show, crap presenter, first time I have heard it and wont be tuning back in.

I really dont expect Lennon to be done, it was only a very mild gesture - in fact Yogi did the same to us when he was Inverness manager, IIRC?

bingo70
01-11-2018, 03:59 PM
Cheers - I turned it off when they had a phone in and the first two callers were a pretty sensible Jambo, then a Rangers fan who did the usual platitudes of "its unacceptable to throw stuff/punch a player etc" then came out with the usual "however, Neil Lennon.....he really must have a look at himself here, his actions might have provoked an idiot" to which Jim White murmured his agreement.

Victim blaming at its worst.

Its a crap show, crap presenter, first time I have heard it and wont be tuning back in.

I really dont expect Lennon to be done, it was only a very mild gesture - in fact Yogi did the same to us when he was Inverness manager, IIRC?

Well if i'd seen that i'd have chucked a coin at him and he'd only have had himself to blame........

hibbydog
01-11-2018, 08:34 PM
There is only one Neil Lennon.

I’m concerned that his excellent tenure as Hibs manager will end prematurely when he decides that he can’t take any more of this *****. That would be a real shame, and it would mean the idiots win, but dammit who would blame him?

For the meantime, I’m delighted he’s our manager and I seriously admire his strength of character.

One Neil Lennon!

Bishop Hibee
01-11-2018, 08:44 PM
We have a manager who lives Hibs and has given us more steel, combined with no little skill, than any manager I’ve seen at Hibs. The media and many fans in Scotland don’t like an Irishman willing to speak his mind and not ‘know his place’ and shut up. That’ will be unpalatable for some but I genuinely believe it to be the case.

poolman
01-11-2018, 08:49 PM
Some pish been spouted here.

How much pelters can YOU take before YOU snap? And when you do, is it mocking the person (or in this case, thousands) winding you up? Hmm. I think some seriously big double standards are at work here; either that or we've got a support of saints in waiting which, may be the case I grant you. Likely though eh?

We moaned for years about having managers who don't give a toss. We get one who does then some moan that he sticks up for himself and gives them (and all others to be fair) some back and gets animated, sometimes booked and seems to (on the face of it) give a toss.

:rolleyes:

...doesn't mean goading thousands of folk is a wise move but surely folk understand why and that changes it a wee bitty? Either way, no excuse for someone taking exception to him defending himself and lobbing a coin at his puss.

No arguments from me, great post :agree:

PapillonVert
01-11-2018, 08:49 PM

Kickback. That world-renowned fountain of rationality and objectivity.

One Day Soon
01-11-2018, 08:57 PM

Utter bull**** as usual.

blackpoolhibs
01-11-2018, 09:00 PM
No arguments from me, great post :agree:

pacoluna
01-11-2018, 09:03 PM
Jose mourinho is the master of playing mind games with opposition supporters and "winding up" or "goading" them. Never once has he been attacked nor hit with objects. Neil Lennon has been assaulted and attacked by hearts and rangers fans for no other reason that pure bigotry.

tomf
01-11-2018, 09:05 PM

Totally agree with the above comment. Here's the rule; it is always, I repeat, always, systemic. The clubs, the police, the football authorities, the media and fan groups are the only ones who can stop this kind of behaviour. I acknowledge that an individual threw a coin and an individual threw a punch but the culture of aggression, the inactivity of the police and stewards and the clubs role in allowing players to cheat in order to get opponents sent off are all factors. If making gestures with a big smile on one's face is considered provocative then we have patently reached a new low. Neil Lennon has taken so much abuse and yet still manages to see things from a reasonable point of view. As I recall, when he was assaulted by a Hearts fan some years ago the fan in question was charged by the police with a sectarian crime rather than a common assault, which is what it clearly was, with the result that the case was dropped due to lack of evidence. I don't believe in conspiracy theories but it's either that or the police really are the most stupid people imaginable. How much brains does it take to realise that it was the wrong charge? Clearly more than the police and the procurator fiscal's office could muster between them. Lennon is the victim and Scottish football culture is the cause. It is systemic.

One Day Soon
01-11-2018, 09:13 PM
This idea that Lennon is in any way responsible for the coin throwing is utterly laughable. Presumably he traveled back in time to before the game too and provoked the ****bag who painted 'Hang Neil Lennon' on a wall?

Thousands of demented sectarian bigots chant vile sectarian songs throughout the game, one man motions to fans to sit down/calm down after a goal is ruled offside. Which of these actions is unhinged and illegal? :rolleyes:

greenlex
02-11-2018, 04:27 AM
This idea that Lennon is in any way responsible for the coin throwing is utterly laughable. Presumably he traveled back in time to before the game too and provoked the ****bag who painted 'Hang Neil Lennon' on a wall?

Thousands of demented sectarian bigots chant vile sectarian songs throughout the game, one man motions to fans to sit down/calm down after a goal is ruled offside. Which of these actions is unhinged and illegal? :rolleyes:
I find it laughable that someone cannot see how Lennons actions directly lead to the coin throwing incident and they can’t disconnect any other **** he has to deal with and need to somehow put it all together.
He didn’t need to do what he did. I obviously can’t speak for anyone else but my emotion was relief rather more that anything else at the offside decision. He inflamed an already hostile situation which sadly had an all to predictable outcome. IMO he has to take some responsibility for that.

KDY Hibs
02-11-2018, 05:00 AM

Paid a huge salary to handle things like that? I disagree, I don't think any manager/person could take the abuse NL does and not react from time to time, regardless of what he gets paid.

bawheid
02-11-2018, 05:51 AM
Some ex police guy on STV last night basically blaming NL and claiming he could have caused a riot. Jim White on TalkSport suggesting he brought it on himself by goading Hearts fans.

Rather than issuing namby pamby joint statements, Hibs need to be coming out here, all guns blazing, and defending our manager. Call a press conference. Call out what goes on at Ibrox and Tynecastle every time we go there. Call out the Hang Neil Lennon graffiti. Call out the “sad fenian *******” song that gets sung wherever he goes.

It’s ridiculous that there’s even a debate to be had here about who’s to “blame”. The folk to blame are the bigoted ****s wearing orange, blue and maroon wishing death on someone because of his religion.

FFS Hibs. Get into these ******s. Wouldn’t be surprised if Lennon walks away from this pish.

bingo70
02-11-2018, 05:52 AM
I find it laughable that someone cannot see how Lennons actions directly lead to the coin throwing incident and they can’t disconnect any other **** he has to deal with and need to somehow put it all together.
He didn’t need to do what he did. I obviously can’t speak for anyone else but my emotion was relief rather more that anything else at the offside decision. He inflamed an already hostile situation which sadly had an all to predictable outcome. IMO he has to take some responsibility for that.

I normally agree with your posts Lex but I’m disappointed in how keen you are to Chuck our manager under the bus on this occasion. The notion that Lennon should change his way to suit the morons is just plain wrong IMO. Lennon isn’t perfect and there is a line he could cross to bring troubles on but that wasn’t one of them, he simply had a wee laugh and told them to calm down, that’s not inciting trouble.

Chris Sutton sums it up brilliantly in this article imo.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/say-neil-lennon-brings-himself-13519232

JDT
02-11-2018, 06:04 AM
I'm 100% behind our gaffer on this. We are all Neil Lennon

matty_f
02-11-2018, 06:29 AM
Totally agree with the above comment. Here's the rule; it is always, I repeat, always, systemic. The clubs, the police, the football authorities, the media and fan groups are the only ones who can stop this kind of behaviour. I acknowledge that an individual threw a coin and an individual threw a punch but the culture of aggression, the inactivity of the police and stewards and the clubs role in allowing players to cheat in order to get opponents sent off are all factors. If making gestures with a big smile on one's face is considered provocative then we have patently reached a new low. Neil Lennon has taken so much abuse and yet still manages to see things from a reasonable point of view. As I recall, when he was assaulted by a Hearts fan some years ago the fan in question was charged by the police with a sectarian crime rather than a common assault, which is what it clearly was, with the result that the case was dropped due to lack of evidence. I don't believe in conspiracy theories but it's either that or the police really are the most stupid people imaginable. How much brains does it take to realise that it was the wrong charge? Clearly more than the police and the procurator fiscal's office could muster between them. Lennon is the victim and Scottish football culture is the cause. It is systemic.

:agree: Completely agree.

ronaldo7
02-11-2018, 06:44 AM
Some ex police guy on STV last night basically blaming NL and claiming he could have caused a riot. Jim White on TalkSport suggesting he brought it on himself by goading Hearts fans.

Rather than issuing namby pamby joint statements, Hibs need to be coming out here, all guns blazing, and defending our manager. Call a press conference. Call out what goes on at Ibrox and Tynecastle every time we go there. Call out the Hang Neil Lennon graffiti. Call out the “sad fenian *******” song that gets sung wherever he goes.

It’s ridiculous that there’s even a debate to be had here about who’s to “blame”. The folk to blame are the bigoted ****s wearing orange, blue and maroon wishing death on someone because of his religion.

FFS Hibs. Get into these ******s. Wouldn’t be surprised if Lennon walks away from this pish.

Spot on.

Disappointed that in an interview, yesterday, that LD couldn't bring herself to mention the sectarian abuse that NL gets at tiny.

We would be top of the league in the statement league, if she brought it to the fore. Some help from budge, and the sfa would help though.

The Spaceman
02-11-2018, 06:58 AM
Hearts fans aren't even trying to cover up being sectarian anymore. Bigots.

Tynecastle was a disgrace from both sets of fans, but guaranteed we won't have this level of bother back at Easter Road.

One Day Soon
02-11-2018, 10:35 AM

'somehow put it all together'? Your position seems to be that all of the abusive sectarian chanting directed at Neil Lennon from start of game to finish, the 'Hang Neil Lennon' wall graffiti and all the previous stuff including bullets in the post and personal threats are completely different and separate from having a coin thrown in his face. You have concluded that the coin incident was caused exclusively by Lennon motioning to the Hearts fans to sit down, which is literally incredible. How you can isolate one incident from the spectrum of all the others and then say that this alone was caused by Neil Lennon's behaviour rather than it being simply the most visibly obvious manifestation of the wider range of hatred direct at him is baffling.

As for your victim blaming, I see no difference between that and blaming any other victim of a crime for being the cause of the offence.

Your post would have been more accurate if it had said:

'I find it laughable that someone cannot see how all the sectarian abuse directly leads to the coin throwing incident and they can’t connect all the other **** he has to deal with and need to somehow avoid putting it all together.
The coin thrower didn’t need to do what he did. I obviously can’t speak for anyone else but my emotion was relief rather more than anything else that Neil wasn't seriously injured. The coin thrower inflamed an already hostile situation which sadly had an all too predictable outcome. IMO he has to take some responsibility for that when the police find him.'

Bostonhibby
02-11-2018, 10:51 AM
Kickback. That world-renowned fountain of rationality and objectivity.The vast majority of them were so far up vlads rear end that the quality of their judgement has never been in doubt and pleasingly it seems to continue to this day.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Chorley Hibee
02-11-2018, 10:54 AM
https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/hibs-boss-neil-lennon-could-13521464

"Former Scottish Police Federation chairman Les Gray claims Neil Lennon "could have started a riot" with his reaction to Hearts' disallowed goal in Wednesday's chaotic Edinburgh derby.

The Hibs boss was shamefully struck with a coin after he gestured towards the home support following Clevid Dikamona's late strike was chalked off at Tynecastle.

It followed Jambos keeper Zdenek Zlamal being decked by a fan and both assistant referees being targeted by missiles on a night of mayhem.

The attacks on Lennon, Zlamal and the officials have been slammed across Scottish football and beyond.

But while Gray condemned the disturbing scenes he claims Lennon "needs to take responsibility" for his own actions and reckons football bosses, and even the police, should "have a word" with the 47-year-old.

"Something that comes to mind with me, and it's been skirted around all day, is that Neil Lennon needs to take responsibility for Neil Lennon.

"I thought his conduct before this incident was shocking and, quite frankly, I will be amazed if the football authorities, and even Police Scotland, don't decide that they need to have a word in his ear to say: 'Look, you can't do that in these circumstances'.

"He really could have caused a riot last night. If some of the Hearts fans had come onto the pitch, then some of the Hibs fans came onto the pitch to react to that, there'd have been a lot of trouble, a lot of people assaulted and a lot of arrests.

"It's crazy, he lets himself down by doing that."

Well there we have proof, if any was needed, that the authorities are part of the problem - as opposed to the solution. It's an absolute disgrace that these clowns are being wheeled out to peddle this *****, and our club should be coming out, with both barrels now, to call the lot of them out for what they are.

bingo70
02-11-2018, 11:01 AM
https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/hibs-boss-neil-lennon-could-13521464

"Former Scottish Police Federation chairman Les Gray claims Neil Lennon "could have started a riot" with his reaction to Hearts' disallowed goal in Wednesday's chaotic Edinburgh derby.

The Hibs boss was shamefully struck with a coin after he gestured towards the home support following Clevid Dikamona's late strike was chalked off at Tynecastle.

It followed Jambos keeper Zdenek Zlamal being decked by a fan and both assistant referees being targeted by missiles on a night of mayhem.

The attacks on Lennon, Zlamal and the officials have been slammed across Scottish football and beyond.

But while Gray condemned the disturbing scenes he claims Lennon "needs to take responsibility" for his own actions and reckons football bosses, and even the police, should "have a word" with the 47-year-old.

"Something that comes to mind with me, and it's been skirted around all day, is that Neil Lennon needs to take responsibility for Neil Lennon.

"I thought his conduct before this incident was shocking and, quite frankly, I will be amazed if the football authorities, and even Police Scotland, don't decide that they need to have a word in his ear to say: 'Look, you can't do that in these circumstances'.

"He really could have caused a riot last night. If some of the Hearts fans had come onto the pitch, then some of the Hibs fans came onto the pitch to react to that, there'd have been a lot of trouble, a lot of people assaulted and a lot of arrests.

Well there we have proof, if any was needed, that the authorities are part of the problem - as opposed to the solution. It's an absolute disgrace that these clowns are being wheeled out to peddle this *****, and our club should be coming out, with both barrels now, to call the lot of them out for what they are.

He wouldn't have started anything. He had a smile on his face. It's the morons who can't behave themselves that would be starting the riot.

By comparison, his behaviour when he fell out with Jim Duffy in the dug outs would be an example of him losing it and potentially causing a riot if he did that in a higher profile game. He did absolutely nothing wrong on Wednesday night and this victim blaming needs to stop before we lose a guy that has been great for Scottish football. I think when he does go though the authorities will breathe a sigh of relief so i wouldn't put it past them to try and provoke him some more by putting another charge on him.

happiehibbie
02-11-2018, 11:09 AM
I am not a Fan of Neil Lennon's behaviour. he needs to understand that he is employee of Hibernian FC our club should have a HR department that deals with staff who do not conduct themselves correctly in the work environment.

I expect our managers and team to be passionate give there best for the club that's a given.

He is the best football manger we have had in a long time plays great football attacking and a winner.

His behaviour is wrong

bingo70
02-11-2018, 11:16 AM
I am not a Fan of Neil Lennon's behaviour. he needs to understand that he is employee of Hibernian FC our club should have a HR department that deals with staff who do not conduct themselves correctly in the work environment.

I expect our managers and team to be passionate give there best for the club that's a given.

He is the best football manger we have had in a long time plays great football attacking and a winner.

His behaviour is wrong

Our manager has a huge personality and i would rather have that than a robot on the side of the pitch. His personality is all part of his make up, i don't want him to curb the personality we saw on Wednesday to appease a few idiots in the hearts end that can't behave themselves.

Nothing wrong with his behaviour on Wednesday night and if some moron didn't throw a coin at him then there wouldn't be a discussion about his behaviour, certainly not a negative one anyway. It's the coin throwers behaviour that should be in question, not the victims.

One Day Soon
02-11-2018, 11:17 AM

That statement is an absolute disgrace. It is one of the most shameless pieces of apologism I have seen committed to print in a long time.

When he uses the phrase "Something that comes to mind with me, and it's been skirted around all day, is that Neil Lennon..." my immediate assumption is that finally, finally, someone is going to have the balls to stand up and call out the sectarianism that can be clearly heard every single week in Scottish football. But no, instead it's pander to the crowd time.

Christ, it's like saying the fault for being broken into lies with the person who didn't bolt their window rather than addressing the raging burglary spree and the criminals behind it.

Every single ****ing week we hear this poisonous hatred bellowed out by sections of support at two clubs - occasionally more - and every single week it isn't called out by the live commentators, the after match commentators, the newspapers and their reporters, the SFA, the police, the politicians or anyone else. It is currently treated as normal, habitual, expected, tolerated and accepted. That therefore means it is being encouraged because it is not being discouraged.

Maybe we could get to Neil Lennon taking responsibility for Neil Lennon once we get done with Scotland and Scottish football taking responsibility for its unchecked sectarianism.

One Day Soon
02-11-2018, 11:22 AM
Our manager has a huge personality and i would rather have that than a robot on the side of the pitch. His personality is all part of his make up, i don't want him to curb the personality we saw on Wednesday to appease a few idiots in the hearts end that can't behave themselves.

Nothing wrong with his behaviour on Wednesday night and if some moron didn't throw a coin at him then there wouldn't be a discussion about his behaviour, certainly not a negative one anyway. It's the coin throwers behaviour that should be in question, not the victims.

No, no. It's all Neil's fault. The smiling, the suggesting people retake their seats. I mean, who WOULDN'T start raking through their pockets for loose change to convert to a missile when subjected to that level of acute and sustained abuse for the whole five seconds or so that it happened?

If he could just have contained himself to the reciprocal behaviour of loudly singing anti-Protestant songs at the crowd from the touchline everything would presumably have been just fine.

ronaldo7
02-11-2018, 11:23 AM

I listened to that zoomer last night, than goodness he's a former police officer.

Chorley Hibee
02-11-2018, 11:29 AM
That statement is an absolute disgrace. It is one of the most shameless pieces of apologism I have seen committed to print in a long time.

When he uses the phrase "Something that comes to mind with me, and it's been skirted around all day, is that Neil Lennon..." my immediate assumption is that finally, finally, someone is going to have the balls to stand up and call out the sectarianism that can be clearly heard every single week in Scottish football. But no, instead it's pander to the crowd time.

Christ, it's like saying the fault for being broken into lies with the person who didn't bolt their window rather than addressing the raging burglary spree and the criminals behind it.

Every single ****ing week we hear this poisonous hatred bellowed out by sections of support at two clubs - occasionally more - and every single week it isn't called out by the live commentators, the after match commentators, the newspapers and their reporters, the SFA, the police, the politicians or anyone else. It is currently treated as normal, habitual, expected, tolerated and accepted. That therefore means it is being encouraged because it is not being discouraged.

Maybe we could get to Neil Lennon taking responsibility for Neil Lennon once we get done with Scotland and Scottish football taking responsibility for its unchecked sectarianism.

Couldn't agree more, a shameful piece of apologism.

Our club should now be at the vanguard of this movement you talk about, and should be calling out sectarianism every time it is perpetrated, especially against our fans and employees.

The Harp Awakes
02-11-2018, 11:29 AM

A very disturbing viewpoint and it really emphasises why we have such a problem with sectarianism in Scotland. The police turn a blind eye to bigotry. In fact, it is the guy on the receiving end who is at fault. Depressing.

Bostonhibby
02-11-2018, 11:32 AM
No, no. It's all Neil's fault. The smiling, the suggesting people retake their seats. I mean, who WOULDN'T start raking through their pockets for loose change to convert to a missile when subjected to that level of acute and sustained abuse for the whole five seconds or so that it happened?

If he could just have contained himself to the reciprocal behaviour of loudly singing anti-Protestant songs at the crowd from the touchline everything would presumably have been just fine.Indeed, let's face it there's no chance those responsible for security or the safety of the public were going to do anything about getting the idiots to stay in their seats.

Gray is obviously the records go to rent a hunand police apologist, the article is simply a huge deflection away from the underlying issue.

One Day Soon
02-11-2018, 11:43 AM
Indeed, let's face it there's no chance those responsible for security or the safety of the public were going to do anything about getting the idiots to stay in their seats.

Gray is obviously the records go to rent a hunand police apologist, the article is simply a huge deflection away from the underlying issue.

I don't actually blame the police for this. They can after all only police with consent.

This is a problem that goes much wider and every institution or professional group I mentioned needs to step up to call it out. In fact the TV and radio commentators and the journalists are for me the prime culprits if anyone is. If it goes unreported and unremarked then it doesn't really exist for the wider public does it?

Why does it go unremarked? Because to call it out is too threatening - the sectarianism upon which Scottish football is built is simply regarded as being too big to fail.

Bostonhibby
02-11-2018, 11:44 AM
I don't actually blame the police for this. They can after all only police with consent.

This is a problem that goes much wider and every institution or professional group I mentioned needs to step up to call it out. In fact the TV and radio commentators and the journalists are for me the prime culprits if anyone is. If it goes unreported and unremarked then it doesn't really exist for the wider public does it?

Why does it go unremarked? Because to call it out is too threatening - the sectarianism upon which Scottish football is built is simply regarded as being too big to fail.You won't get any disagreement from me there either.

angus hibby
02-11-2018, 11:49 AM
I listened to that zoomer last night, than goodness he's a former police officer.

Current Police Federation guy saying similar things! "Neil Lennon needs to be able to take it and accept that you can't give it back because some people will react in a ludicrous way"!!

Unbelievable!

bingo70
02-11-2018, 11:57 AM
Current Police Federation guy saying similar things! "Neil Lennon needs to be able to take it and accept that you can't give it back because some people will react in a ludicrous way"!!

Unbelievable!

The worrying thing for us is that Neil Lennon doesn't "need to be able to take it", he could easily get another job in England where he wouldn't have such nonsense thrown at him.

Anyway, he never gave anything back the other night, he hardly put on a balaclava and started singing IRA songs, he had a wee laugh and told a few punters (remember not everyone would have seen him) to calm down.

The nonsense he is having to put up with, even form people in our own support, is absolutely disgusting when he was the victim of an attack on Wednesday night.

silverhibee
02-11-2018, 12:05 PM

F*** off plod with that nonsense.

Why do these c***s never say anything when it happens through the West.

Ms Dempster needs to speak out against these clowns.

JeMeSouviens
02-11-2018, 12:10 PM

Why does it go unremarked? Because to call it out is too threatening - the sectarianism upon which Scottish football is built is simply regarded as being too big to fail.

It's not feasible to wade in and arrest the entirety of section N(azi) but If they lifted a few of Hearts near-the-dugouts clowns for yelling fenian this and that through the game, I think it would have a deterrent effect enough to give NL a safer workplace.

Dancehibs
02-11-2018, 12:13 PM

His behaviour is wrong
What has he done wrong ?

Golden Bear
02-11-2018, 12:15 PM
Apparently at today's press conference Neil Lennon has said that he's now considering his future in Scottish Football?

:shocked:

bingo70
02-11-2018, 12:18 PM
Apparently at today's press conference Neil Lennon has said that he's now considering his future in Scottish Football?

Completely inevitable.

He's also said that he feels sectarianism isn't the right word to describe the abuse he gets and he calls it racism.

Still though, he brings it on himself with all that smiling and joking.

Eyrie

Unbelievable!

By that logic, Hearts fans need to accept that they need to be able to take it so we're back to blaming those responsible and not attempting to blame the victim.

Bostonhibby

Unbelievable!To be fair he's got his lodge meetings to think about and would be getting it in the neck if he said anything else[emoji6]

One Day Soon
02-11-2018, 12:22 PM

Completely unsurprised by that. He's just been publicly assaulted and even some of our own supporters are trying to say he brought it on himself. He is literally the only manager in Scottish football who has to put up with this crap and every institution in - and associated with - Scottish football happily stands by and watches the bigots unload on him game after game after game.

What a result for the bigots if he goes. The target of their sectarian bile removed, Hibs lose probably the best manager we've had and best of all they prove to themselves that their behaviour gets rewarded.

Sutton and McInnes have gone up massively in my estimation for their support for him on this.

JimBHibees
02-11-2018, 12:24 PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46073396 Comments from Lenny.

One Day Soon
02-11-2018, 12:26 PM

Ooft, that is calling it what it is. Good for him.

A Hi-Bee
02-11-2018, 12:27 PM

Can anyone be really surprised at this news. What person in their right mind would want to continue at work in this toxic and bigoted little country where the so called authority sit back shacking their heads while all is going on around them. ****in delusional they are if they think this is not so. This hatred is ongoing in all walks of life sometimes hidden, but scratch the surface then see. Hate passed down through the generations from father to son and so on.
The usual shock horror and pained surprise every time it surfaces but **** all will be done.

bingo70
02-11-2018, 12:27 PM

Hopefully some Hibs fans read that and take note as well.

JeMeSouviens
02-11-2018, 12:29 PM

"You call it sectarianism here in Scotland, I call it racism," Lennon said. "If a black man is abused, you're not just abusing the colour of his skin - you're abusing his culture, heritage, his background.

"It's the exact same when I get called a Fenian, a pauper, a beggar, a tarrier. These people have a sense of entitlement, or a superiority complex, and all I do is stand up for myself.

We are all Neil Lennon.

bingo70
02-11-2018, 12:41 PM

There's bits coming out about his press conference now and it's not being reported anywhere that he's said he's considering his future in Scottish Football so got to assume whoever told you that has maybe picked him up wrong?

Garymcl
02-11-2018, 12:42 PM
Tomorrow throughout the game let’s make it clear how much we love Lenny the man has to put up with so much s**t in his life we love him let him know loud and clear altogether now “there’s only one Neil Lennon “ Ggtth

B.H.F.C
02-11-2018, 12:47 PM
Some of the criticism towards Lennon is an absolute disgrace.

If he has said that he is considering his future in Scottish football then it shouldn’t be a surprise whatsoever.

When he comes out for the game tomorrow he should be left in absolutely no doubt how highly the Hibs support regard him - whether he is considering his future or not.

blackpoolhibs
02-11-2018, 12:52 PM
I keep saying it season after season, we the fans are the people who can fix this, not the yellow bellied authorities.

We need every fan to say enough is enough, and boycott the games against this vermin. I can hear it now, why should we punish ourselves and our club for their bigotry?

Well if you want results, if you want this taken seriously, the only way to make our club and others like us and the media sit up and notice, is to take our money away.

Sometimes you need to look at the bigger picture, but of course we will all be here moaning and mumping about the same things next season and the seasons after, because nobody is prepared to call it out as it is.

Christ even our own Leanne Dempster couldn't muster the balls to say it how it was on Wednesday night, and she's probably our best spokeswoman we've had since Tom Hart.

Do nothing, and nothing will change.

bingo70
02-11-2018, 12:54 PM
I keep saying it season after season, we the fans are the people who can fix this, not the yellow bellied authorities.

We need every fan to say enough is enough, and boycott the games against this vermin. I can hear it now, why should we punish ourselves and our club for their bigotry?

Well if you want results, if you want this taken seriously, the only way to make our club and others like us and the media sit up and notice, is to take our money away.

Sometimes you need to look at the bigger picture, but of course we will all be here moaning and mumping about the same things next season and the seasons after, because nobody is prepared to call it out as it is.

Christ even our own Leanne Dempster couldn't muster the balls to say it how it was on Wednesday night, and she's probably our best spokeswoman we've had since Tom Hart.

Do nothing, and nothing will change.

There's people within our support that think he brought this on himself so as much as i agree with the principles of what you say, there's no chance of that happening.

blackpoolhibs
02-11-2018, 12:56 PM
There's people within our support that think he brought this on himself so as much as i agree with the principles of what you say, there's no chance of that happening.

Oh i know nothing will happen, and there will be the same moaning about the same things next game, the game after and so on.

adhibs
02-11-2018, 12:57 PM

Time for Dempster to tackle this with hearts instead of getting all cosy with budge. Got a feeling the board won't have the bottle to do anything about it though.

HH81
02-11-2018, 12:58 PM
Imagine the message it would send if Hibs turned around and said we do not want any tickets for the next away derby.

Good or bad idea?

Lennon will stay in sure of it.

cabbageandribs1875
02-11-2018, 01:01 PM
Time for Dempster to tackle this with hearts instead of getting all cost with budge. Got a feeling the board won't have the bottle to do anything about it though.

my thoughts exactly, i want to hear her thoughts regarding the statement from our/her manager, but we wont

cabbageandribs1875
02-11-2018, 01:06 PM
Imagine the message it would send if Hibs turned around and said we do not want any tickets for the next away derby.

Good or bad idea?

what difference would it make if our fans weren't at tinycastle ? all it would mean is even more sectarian bigots turning up to join in with the other 3 stands

therefore, imagine the message it would send if hibs said we don't want your filthy sectarian bigots inside OUR stadium, budge....they can abuse him at your cesspit but our manager will NOT suffer sectarian abuse at his home workplace

good or bad idea ?

Bostonhibby
02-11-2018, 01:06 PM

We are all Neil Lennon.Absolutely right.

CathroMustStay
02-11-2018, 01:12 PM
https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/say-neil-lennon-brings-himself-13519232

Well said Mr Sutton.

JeMeSouviens
02-11-2018, 01:17 PM

Well said Mr Sutton.

:agree: spot on.

Nevi_SOL
02-11-2018, 01:42 PM
Tomorrow throughout the game let’s make it clear how much we love Lenny the man has to put up with so much s**t in his life we love him let him know loud and clear altogether now “there’s only one Neil Lennon “ Ggtth

I agree 90 mins of “one Neil Lennon”

silverhibee
02-11-2018, 01:45 PM
my thoughts exactly, i want to hear her thoughts regarding the statement from our/her manager, but we wont

Maybe this is Lennon letting Dempster know that if you don't back me on this one then I'm walking.

First Stubbs and now Lennon, time for Leeann to say it how it is, this stuff is not acceptable and any club involved will have there fans banned from ER.

poolman
02-11-2018, 01:45 PM

Exactly :agree:

cabbageandribs1875
02-11-2018, 01:56 PM
Maybe this is Lennon letting Dempster know that if you don't back me on this one then I'm walking.

First Stubbs and now Lennon, time for Leeann to say it how it is, this stuff is not acceptable and any club involved will have there fans banned from ER.

you could possibly be right, and although i'm really wanting to hear her thoughts i'm aware it might also be a little difficult for her to get drawn in on the sectarianism....due to the fact she was a ST holder at the most vile of vile bigoted sectarian institutions in this country....ibrox

BOB MARLEYS DUG
02-11-2018, 02:03 PM
Lets get right behind him tomorrow! There’s only one Neil Lennon 💚

A Hi-Bee
02-11-2018, 02:06 PM
I posted this on another thread but will post it again here.

The mere fact that we speak about religion (call it what you want) and football in the same breath just about sums it all up for me. If I was in Neil Lennon’s shoes I would be saying **** them all, I am out of here. Let them to get on with it. A modern civilised society we certainly are not.

I would love him to stay but this could be the beginning of the end, which is a shocking shame, and indictment on our society.

bingo70
02-11-2018, 02:11 PM
you could possibly be right, and although i'm really wanting to hear her thoughts i'm aware it might also be a little difficult for her to get drawn in on the sectarianism....due to the fact she was a ST holder at the most vile of vile bigoted sectarian institutions in this country....ibrox

I think the club will feel they have done what they needed to do by putting out this joint statement with Hearts.

I think there is a separate issue here though that's nothing to do with Hearts, it's not even anything to do with the clown that threw the coin. Since Wednesday night there has been a character assassination of our manager from fellow professionals, politicians, the police, some of our own supporters and the media. Everybody has put their neb in and from the video I've just seen of Lennon from todays press conference on Sky, he looks emotional and i think it's getting to him.

IMO the club should be putting out a statement defending Neil Lennon, giving him our full support and reminding people that he was the victim on Wednesday night and victim blaming is not acceptable. It doesn't have to mention anything to do with sectarianism or racism, it just has to let Lennon know he's not on his own. IMO right now it looks like it's Neil Lennon versus Scotland, with the exception of a few like Derek Mcinnes, Chris Sutton and Tam Mcmanus (i'm sure there are other but not going to list them all).

G B Young
02-11-2018, 02:25 PM

Good or bad idea?

I think that would be a good call. I guess Hearts would still manage to sell the empty seats but it might make those who go along to these games frothing at the mouth feel a bit daft when they have no away fans to vent their hatred towards.

wookie70
02-11-2018, 02:33 PM
I think the club will feel they have done what they needed to do by putting out this joint statement with Hearts.

I think there is a separate issue here though that's nothing to do with Hearts, it's not even anything to do with the clown that threw the coin. Since Wednesday night there has been a character assassination of our manager from fellow professionals, politicians, the police, some of our own supporters and the media. Everybody has put their neb in and from the video I've just seen of Lennon from todays press conference on Sky, he looks emotional and i think it's getting to him.

IMO the club should be putting out a statement defending Neil Lennon, giving him our full support and reminding people that he was the victim on Wednesday night and victim blaming is not acceptable. It doesn't have to mention anything to do with sectarianism or racism, it just has to let Lennon know he's not on his own. IMO right now it looks like it's Neil Lennon versus Scotland, with the exception of a few like Derek Mcinnes, Chris Sutton and Tam Mcmanus (i'm sure there are other but not going to list them all).
There is a similar debate on another thread and I think maybe the mods could merge.

I agree entirely with this. Lennon cannot think he is on his own.

Has the display for the next Derby match been designed? Tin hat on but could there be a display about kicking sectarianism out of Scottish Football with our neighbours invited to join in. I have loads of Hearts mates and barring their poor choice in football team they are no different to my Hibs mates. They hate the sectarian crap too and hate being tarred with that brush . Given the thread on Kickback about the Billy Boys song maybe they might have a silent majority who would make a stand. It would certainly put them on a spot. Billy boys are silly boys is far too trivial but I do think the time has come to make a stand and that stand should be at teh side of our boss.

BILLYHIBS
02-11-2018, 02:45 PM
Kick Sectarianism Out Now!

Jack Hackett
02-11-2018, 02:45 PM

From the article

"The Northern Irishman was struck by the missile after celebrating a disallowed Hearts goal near the end of the match."

Eh?... Wasn't it the yams who were celebrating? Lenny was just taking the piss... as we all were

bawheid
02-11-2018, 02:53 PM

100%. Dempster needs to come out now and back Lennon to the hilt. She needs to call a spade a spade, in the same way that he's doing. We can't simply sit tight and wait for this one to die down again.

lucky
02-11-2018, 03:00 PM
I think Lenny is great manager and very much a victim but after our last two games at the PBS he’s threatened to quit as our manager. I know he’s an extremely passionate guy but threatening to resign from Hibs on two occasions now is wrong. He asks fans and players to show commitment well its time he did the same by stop threatening to leave.

Walking away would only achieve a few headlines standing up to racism/sectarianism would achieve a lot more. Hibs should actually follow through on the announcement before games and tell fans unsavoury behaviour will not be tolerated and any sectarian singing will lead to the game being stopped. Even if that means our players walk of the pitch.

As for tomorrow let’s make it a Lenny love in

A Hi-Bee
02-11-2018, 03:01 PM
Kick Sectarianism Out Now!

I have always found it a wee bit strange that in this country we appear to be able to organise protests and marches against almost anything such as the good causes against racism, peoples rights etc, but I don’t seem to be able to recall any marches or protests against sectarianism. Why would this be? I just happen to have been brought up in a different faith to our manager but he will get 100% support from me in this fight.

BILLYHIBS
02-11-2018, 04:01 PM
I have always found it a wee bit strange that in this country we appear to be able to organise protests and marches against almost anything such as the good causes against racism, peoples rights etc, but I don’t seem to be able to recall any marches or protests against sectarianism. Why would this be? I just happen to have been brought up in a different faith to our manager but he will get 100% support from me in this fight.
👍🏾

Sioux
02-11-2018, 04:09 PM
what difference would it make if our fans weren't at tinycastle ? all it would mean is even more sectarian bigots turning up to join in with the other 3 stands

therefore, imagine the message it would send if hibs said we don't want your filthy sectarian bigots inside OUR stadium, budge....they can abuse him at your cesspit but our manager will NOT suffer sectarian abuse at his home workplace

good or bad idea ?

Why not? Tell the huns and their disciples that they can stick their shee ite up their erse. However, we'd need to ban celtic fans or be labelled as fenian bigoted b******s. In other words, we can't win

calumhibee1
02-11-2018, 04:23 PM

Would you think the same if a lassie was sexually assaulted/raped while out for Halloween dressed as a “naughty nurse” or something along those lines? If they went out dressed as a bus driver or whatever else they may not have been viewed as sexually, so they should have done that instead? Is it partly their fault they were assaulted because they chose that outfit and do they need to take some responsibility for it?

There’s one guilty party in that scenario and also on Wednesday, it’s not the girl and it’s not Neil Lennon. Not even partially.

greenlex
02-11-2018, 05:29 PM
Would you think the same if a lassie was sexually assaulted/raped while out for Halloween dressed as a “naughty nurse” or something along those lines? If they went out dressed as a bus driver or whatever else they may not have been viewed as sexually, so they should have done that instead? Is it partly their fault they were assaulted because they chose that outfit and do they need to take some responsibility for it?

There’s one guilty party in that scenario and also on Wednesday, it’s not the girl and it’s not Neil Lennon. Not even partially.
Since you use this crass analogy I’ll answer it in better actual analogy. Actually I would if she was knowingly walking down the road knocking down the doors of rapists . Shouldn’t happen but there’s a huge chance it would. No responsible person would do that so it’s irresponsible.

For the record these **** should be called out. They should be punished. I believe in corporal punishment and they should be right up there on the. List. It’s 100% their intolerances that has caused this incident. Elsewhere It’s said I’m throwing Lennon under a bus. I’m not I’m saying he really doesn’t/hasn’t helped himself by his actions. He hasn’t brought it on himself that is 100% the fault and blame of these idiots sectarian or otherwise but I don’t think he should be doing things like noising them up.

If there was a biting bear in the corner and you poked it with a stick you shouldn’t be surprised if it bites you. You’d have to take some responsibility for being bit.

FranckSuzy
02-11-2018, 05:58 PM

His behaviour is wrong

By that token, Hibs should also have a Health and Safety Department that ensures its employees safety at their work.

No-one should be going about their lawful employment fearing they are going to be attacked or abused-period. If I was struck at my work, or was verbally abused for over an hour and a half, I'd bl**dy well be expecting my employer to take action or they could face serious, legal consequences.

NL's behaviour is not wrong; it's the cretins who use it to excuse theirs that is.

Eyrie
02-11-2018, 06:26 PM
Since you use this crass analogy I’ll answer it in better actual analogy. Actually I would if she was knowingly walking down the road knocking down the doors Rapists . Shouldn’t happen but there’s a huge chance it would. No responsible person would do that so it’s irresponsible.
By your logic she was "asking for it" if she smiles at a guy who wolf whistles at her choice of costume. Like most others, I'd disagree.

For the record these **** should be called out. They should be punished. I believe in corporal punishment and they should be right up there on the. List. It’s 100% their intolerances that has caused this incident. Elsewhere It’s said I’m throwing Lennon under a bus. I’m not I’m saying he really doesn’t/hasn’t helped himself by his actions. He hasn’t brought it on himself that is 100% the fault and blame of these idiots sectarian or otherwise but I don’t think he should be doing things like noising them up.

If there was a biting bear in the corner and you poked it with a stick you shouldn’t be surprised if it bites you. You’d have to take some responsibility for being bit.

In that case the Hearts support have to take full responsibility for Lennon's response, and thus for their response of throwing a coin in an attempt to injure him.

greenlex
02-11-2018, 06:36 PM
By your logic she was "asking for it" if she smiles at a guy who wolf whistles at her choice of costume. Like most others, I'd disagree.

Absolute rubbish and don’t know why you even bother commenting.

bigwheel
02-11-2018, 06:48 PM

His behaviour is wrong

What's wrong about his behaviour?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bishop Hibee
02-11-2018, 06:51 PM
Since you use this crass analogy I’ll answer it in better actual analogy. Actually I would if she was knowingly walking down the road knocking down the doors Rapists . Shouldn’t happen but there’s a huge chance it would. No responsible person would do that so it’s irresponsible.

Do you think Lennon should be disciplined by Hibs or the SPFL/SFA then?

greenlex
02-11-2018, 07:11 PM
Do you think Lennon should be disciplined by Hibs or the SPFL/SFA then?
No. He’s not done anything wrong.
If I was sitting in a Hearts pub with my Hibs top on watching the game on Wednesday and smiling arms outstretched gesturing and telling them all to sit down after the goal not being given. I wouldn’t be doing anything wrong but would expect a reaction. I might even expect some sort of assault. Especially if I knew even a minority of them actually hated me. I wouldnt do it

Hibees1973
02-11-2018, 07:33 PM
There is no doubt that Lennon divides opinion and he can noise up the opposition at times with his behaviour.

He could just sit on the touchline during the game but everyone knows this is not going to happen. I get it that some opposition fans hate him and he comes in for abuse, mostly at Tynecastle and Ibrox. It is clear that this abuse stems from sectarianism and is out of order. He is animated on the touchline but many other managers are the similar, for example Mourinho and Warnock. The difference with them is they are not subjected to sectarian abuse and do not get things thrown at them.

My feeling is that Lennon will carry on in the short term, but it is likely a similar situation will occur again. We are due at Ibrox around Christmas and Hearts and Rangers are due at Easter Road soon.

I do hope Lennon will continue to be Hibs manager for a long time but feel he does not need all this crap and should think of himself and his family first.

wookie70
02-11-2018, 07:36 PM
No. He’s not done anything wrong.
If I was sitting in a Hearts pub with my Hibs top on watching the game on Wednesday and smiling arms outstretched gesturing and telling them all to sit down after the goal not being given. I wouldn’t be doing anything wrong but would expect a reaction. I might even expect some sort of assault. Especially if I knew even a minority of them actually hated me. I wouldnt do it

I think there were about 3000 of us doing similar on Wednesday in the away end so we obviously deserved to all be coined. Absolute crap. He may deserve to get some verbals but he doesn't deserve to be assaulted. I actually quite enjoy when players and managers give it back after getting it tight from fans (football tight not religious bigotry or racial hatred). It shows to me that they get the rivalry and the banter and I usually nod and think fair play. You would have to be a moron to be provoked into assaulting someone for what Lennon did.