PDA

View Full Version : Dear god when are we going to turn up and do them?

The 90+2
31-10-2018, 07:35 PM
Absolute rubbish again hurrying and hoofing! Why not play our own game one time at this tip?

Famous Fiver
31-10-2018, 07:43 PM
Hearts harrying and hoofing. It's their game. NL has obviously decided to set his team out accordingly.

Eye bleeding football though.

Hibs4185
31-10-2018, 07:44 PM
It’s like playing 7 a side on a 5 side pitch. There isn’t enough space to take a touch and play football especially when the opposition are trying to play at a high tempo without any skill.

YanYansen
31-10-2018, 07:46 PM
Horrific stuff. Just dreadful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Austinho
31-10-2018, 07:46 PM
Small pitch and a high press. Hearts are set up to nullify us first and get a goal from a throw, corner or long ranger second. Not much space to play our own game, we just have to adapt and keep our composure and take one of our chances.

Liam_Hibs
31-10-2018, 07:47 PM
Hard to get the ball down and play when 2 or 3 men are chasing us down every time we have the ball.

That's their tactic though and it's up to us and Neil Lennon to better it.

Beefster
31-10-2018, 07:54 PM
How bad do you have to be at managing expectation to post this type of thing at 0-0 in a PBS derby?

SirDavidsNapper
31-10-2018, 07:56 PM
Nobody can play their normal game there. Not even Celtic.

The 90+2
31-10-2018, 08:02 PM
2 up top Boyle wide. ****in change it man

Tambo
31-10-2018, 08:44 PM
Had 0-0 written all over it, November is a big month for us, winnable games aside from Aberdeen away before a tough December.

Pete
31-10-2018, 08:47 PM
I thought we would turn up after the break but we went backwards.

I honestly think frustration because of that was why Boyle lost it, the incident which seemed to send tempers spiralling.

Really disappointing

Hibs1969
31-10-2018, 08:55 PM
That was horrific. Awful football and a poor display from both teams for the most part.

SChibs
31-10-2018, 09:15 PM
If a neutral fan was to look at both pitches and judge the teams they'd know exactly what kind of football each team is known for. Hibs have a large pitch which means when better teams such as Celtic come and play it suits us but we can deal with that. We actually try and play football whereas hearts try and do 'something else'

The 90+2
31-10-2018, 09:17 PM
Diabolical performance never ever turn up. We will never ever get a better chance of doing them.

SRHibs
31-10-2018, 09:19 PM
Diabolical performance never ever turn up. We will never ever get a better chance of doing them.

What a load of garbage, lol.

LancashireHibby
31-10-2018, 09:19 PM
My mate was at the game, he doesn't like football so it'll interesting to hear his thoughts.
Is your mate Craig Levein?

StevieHendo
31-10-2018, 09:21 PM
What a load of garbage, lol.

Why? Half a hearts team and we were really poor nothing he says is untrue

Jones28
31-10-2018, 09:22 PM

Calm down ffs

Not In The Know
31-10-2018, 09:26 PM
The game plan was clearly to keep it very tight for the first ten mins of each half. We did it first half then came into the game and were unlucky not to score.

Started off the same second half, then Kamberi made it easy for that shan ref.

Statos take note they had ONE shot on target for the match.

We had double that! :greengrin:greengrin

Bishop Hibee
31-10-2018, 09:29 PM
I think Lennon should have played MacLaren up front, Boyle wide right and dropped Slivka. He’s just not a wide player. It would have got us further up the pitch more often.

worcesterhibby
31-10-2018, 09:29 PM
too often we go there and come back with nothing...not any more. Should never have been a sending off. Had the better chances. Fought well, proud of the lads.

SRHibs
31-10-2018, 09:30 PM
Why? Half a hearts team and we were really poor nothing he says is untrue

We’ve tried and failed to ‘play football’ there numerous times and come away with less than a point. Lennon instead tried to match them physically and up until the sending off we’d had the better chances. Every man gave 100% on the pitch, and we came away with a point at a ground Hearts have barely lost in (if at all) in the last year. Scrappy performance but a decent point.

You can guarantee if we’d set up to play football and came away with nothing, the response certainly would not have been “bad result but good on Lennon for trying an attack-minded approach”, but instead “too lightweight/wrong lineup/why wasn’t Bartley playing” etc. The only thing I would’ve liked to have seen is Hyndman/Horgan in the later stages of the game when Hearts began to tire, but Kamberi getting sent off put paid to that idea.

As for the second half of his comment, Hearts have a big squad of decent quality, hence their current league position. The idea that they’re “there for the taking” compared to many other points in recent times clearly isn’t true.

I’m perfectly happy to take a point at Tiny, and to hump them at ER.

OxoHibby
31-10-2018, 09:31 PM
Absolute rubbish again hurrying and hoofing! Why not play our own game one time at this tip?

Based on the title at ER in the next derby!