PDA

View Full Version : Match Updates The 2018-19 Tynecastle fun-athon, part 1

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

BOB MARLEYS DUG
31-10-2018, 09:13 PM
Outplayed, we have no complaints, this was a makeshift hertz team full of kids

And who were the kids? McDonald and Cochrane never got on...

CMac1988
Worked hard and put himself about. No wasted passes. We missed Milligan playing the holding role to give Slicks and Malian more room and freedom to play.

He frustrates me. There's a very tidy player in there but he's rarely where he needs to be. Goes missing for long periods.

As for the keeper incident he was definitely struck. Wasn't a punch though and if anything it's inconclusive as to whether or not it was even meant.

hibee_girl
Tom English admitting Lennon was being abused by hearts fans for the whole game. Didn’t say what type of abuse but I think we can all take a good guess.

Lennon said on tv he was getting unsavoury abuse from them

Hibee87
31-10-2018, 09:14 PM
Wether it connects or not disgrace to even attempt a punch.

JeMeSouviens
I thought Bogdan showed his first ropey moments of the season bar the first game.

2 big flaps at the end. Didn’t need to come for either.

Beefster
And who were the kids? McDonald and Cochrane never got on...

Every single one of them was under 37. Feels reasonable to call them kids to me.

Booked4Being-Ugly
31-10-2018, 09:15 PM
Wether it connects or not disgrace to even attempt a punch.
Where was the punch, I never saw one?

Andymac85
31-10-2018, 09:16 PM
https://mobile.twitter.com/NaeBull/status/1057754270865473536/video/1

Looks like a backhand slap if anything.

Borderhibbie76
I thought Bogdan showed his first ropey moments of the season bar the first game.Nearly cost us at the end twice flapping at crosses

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Silky
Think Kamberi is getting it a bit tight here. Never a foul to begin with, even Berra agreed. Gets pushed about and shouted at by Hearts players. Basically does the same in return and is booked. Yes he reacted. Still don't think his reaction was worthy of a yellow.

I agree. Dallas made the sending off imo. It's a physical game. Kamberi went in for a 50/50 and Dallas sees something that no one else does. I'd be pissed off too of the red had given that against me. Even the first booking hardly merited a yellow when you see some of the stuff that went on.

LancashireHibby
There’s certainly a swinging arm that makes contact with him. Debating whether or not it quantifies a ‘punch’ is missing the point IMO.

Hibee87
31-10-2018, 09:17 PM

Hard to tell from what I've seen but why is does a arm shoot out?

Jones28
31-10-2018, 09:18 PM
Well that was pish. Tynecastle is proving a real tough nut to crack.

We were the better side first half bar the first few minutes. Seems we were just about getting our **** together in the second when Flo was sent off. Lenny so reluctant to make changes but we looked solid enough and I'm fairly happy with a point.

Atmosphere came across well on the telly but can imagine it was pretty vile towards the end. Craigen made some good points in the aftermath which was surprising as I can't stand him.

The pricks that tried to out their hands on the hearts keeper, why bother? It's on tv, and all it does is make the club look bad. Muppets.

sorrow sorrow
31-10-2018, 09:19 PM
I love seeing hibs as a club standing up to these ****bags,for years they bullied us off and on the pitch.No more and that is down to two things,the brilliant hibs support and Neil Lennon.
It pisses me off people calling Kamberi an idiot etc,ffs he gives 100% every game for our club,I personally love his fight.As for people having a go at Neil Lennon for team selection,tactics etc get a grip,that man gives us every ounce of passion and fight he has.
I know it wasn’t a great performance tonight but every single player gave 100% effort for our club tonight and the fans see this and appreciate it.

SirDavidsNapper
31-10-2018, 09:20 PM

Bit of a makeshift Hibs team that played 30 mins with 10 men

heidtheba
31-10-2018, 09:24 PM
2 big flaps at the end. Didn’t need to come for either.

They scared me, but he also saved a beauty in the first half.

itslegaltender
31-10-2018, 09:26 PM
so looking again at the Hearts keeper, someone throws the ball at his midrift, he starts to fall clutching his face, then some dickwad reaches out an arm towards him AS HE IS FALLING DOWN. He's feigned an injury but the erse who put his arm out should be hauled over the coals.

Jones28
31-10-2018, 09:28 PM
so looking again at the Hearts keeper, someone throws the ball at his midrift, he starts to fall clutching his face, then some dickwad reaches out an arm towards him AS HE IS FALLING DOWN. He's feigned an injury but the erse who put his arm out should be hauled over the coals.

Why did the stupid **** reach his arm out to him?

Hibees1973
31-10-2018, 09:29 PM
Phew.....that game was brutal from the first minute to last. How is it that every time we go to Tiny that it brings out the worst in us. I really do not think I have seen a decent derby game at Tiny in the last ten years. There have been hundreds of Hearts and Hibs players over these years so it must be something in common that has caused this. I feel it is that pitch. It is far too small to give decent players the chance to play. I use the word decent because this is the calibre of players that usually play for Hearts and Hibs. To my memory, from a Hibs point soft view, the only players that have stamped their authority on the game in the last 20 years have been Suazee and Lapaty.....nearly 20 years ago. No doubt some Hearts supporters wiill have suggest that Skacel was of the calibre of Sauzee or Lapaty. Anyway, not a bad point......game at Easter Road around New a Year will not doubt be better. We have a decent sized pitch at least.

weecounty hibby
31-10-2018, 09:30 PM
1 point more than we got at Tiny Tinie last season. They will moan about missing players but we had big players missing too. We miss Gray and Hanlon big time. Down to 10 men with 30 to go as well. Decent result in the circumstances

JeMeSouviens
31-10-2018, 09:32 PM
1 point more than we got at Tiny Tinie last season. They will moan about missing players but we had big players missing too. We miss Gray and Hanlon big time. Down to 10 men with 30 to go as well. Decent result in the circumstances

We got a point when we should have had 3 for Ollie’s goal not given last season.

weecounty hibby
31-10-2018, 09:38 PM
We got a point when we should have had 3 for Ollie’s goal not given last season.
Good point well made:aok:

Brightside
31-10-2018, 09:46 PM
Good point well made:aok:

I really wish we wouldn’t fall into the trap of playing there way. Poor setup. Horrible football from both teams.

Brightside
31-10-2018, 09:47 PM

We weren’t outplayed coz no team played football.

neil7908
31-10-2018, 09:58 PM
McCoist again stating keeper was struck.

He is a hun so probably will suggest that every Hearts player was assaulted by tomorrow (not to condone the Hibs fan putting his hands on their keeper, he was barely touched but just don't do it)

neil7908
31-10-2018, 10:00 PM
I really wish we wouldn’t fall into the trap of playing there way. Poor setup. Horrible football from both teams.

I agree. Lennon has been phenomenonal for us but that seems to be one of his few weaknesses. We always go to Tynecastle and afford them too much respect by changing the way we play.

Given that they didn't have a striker tonight we should have been taking the game to them.

He seems to have a go at Ibrox, Celtic Park and Pittodrie but won't do it at them.

One Day Soon
31-10-2018, 10:00 PM
He is a hun so probably will suggest that every Hearts player was assaulted by tomorrow (not to condone the Hibs fan putting his hands on their keeper, he was barely touched but just don't do it)

McCoist was among the first to defend Kamberi's challenge and to say that the play shouldn't even have been stopped. I thought he was more than balanced in his observations. Craigan on the other hand is entirely another story.

Hiber-nation
31-10-2018, 10:01 PM

They had to play that way but we didn't. Disappointing.

weecounty hibby
31-10-2018, 10:02 PM
I agree. Lennon has been phenomenonal for us but that seems to be one of his few weaknesses. We always go to Tynecastle and afford them too much respect by changing the way we play.

Given that they didn't have a striker tonight we should have been taking the game to them.

He seems to have a go at Ibrox, Celtic Park and Pittodrie but won't do it at them.
Ibrox, celtic park and pittodrie have full size pitches where the team we have can actually go and play. Tiny Tinie on the other hand is a 5 a side pitch

Onion
31-10-2018, 10:17 PM

Levein wins the day. Many of his best players out, he was forced to make it a war of attrition. Hibs dragged down to their level as so often happens in these situations.

neil7908
31-10-2018, 10:21 PM
I thought Bogdan showed his first ropey moments of the season bar the first game.

I was going to mention this as well. He's been great for us but seemed to have a rush off blood to the head at the end and tried to get a couple of crossed that were in no way his. Strange as our defence had barely been troubled all game.

BoyledEgg
31-10-2018, 11:00 PM
Back 4 played well. They weren't great going forward but fullbacks were solid defensively.

Maybe the captain who can't play 90 minutes without hobbling off is the waste of a wage?

I don't think so but worth considering? Certainly a better argument that just mindlessly insulting Whittaker.

It was a back 3 not a back 4.

BoyledEgg
31-10-2018, 11:01 PM
Levein wins the day. Many of his best players out, he was forced to make it a war of attrition. Hibs dragged down to their level as so often happens in these situations.

We had ten men. They are gutted not to win. Not sure how Levein wins the day.

jacomo
31-10-2018, 11:40 PM
We had ten men. They are gutted not to win. Not sure how Levein wins the day.

The game was there to be won. We failed to impose ourselves imo.

Of course the sending off changed things but we should have been defending a lead by that point.

A disappointing day imo.

MWHIBBIES
31-10-2018, 11:43 PM
It was a back 3 not a back 4.

Fair enough. 3 defenders and 2 fullbacks/wingbacks were fine. Everything else was pretty bad.