PDA

View Full Version : Minutes silence to be observed at tonight’s game

Carheenlea
31-10-2018, 01:47 PM
A minutes silence is to be observed prior to Kick Off tonight in tribute to the victims of the helicopter crash at Leicester FC. Midweek games often have more fans leaving it late to enter the ground, so be worth being mindful of this if entering Tynecastle close to KO.

Radium
31-10-2018, 03:58 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181031/8025ac5fe0576c7564789fa2260752ef.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SirDavidsNapper
31-10-2018, 04:21 PM
I hope i'm wrong but a minutes silence before a heated Edinburgh derby isn't going to end well. Sad to say that but it's probably true.

JeMeSouviens
31-10-2018, 04:22 PM
I hope i'm wrong but a minutes silence before a heated Edinburgh derby isn't going to end well. Sad to say that but it's probably true.

If folk can get into the ground it'll be fine. My worry would be the noise from a rammy trying to get through their poky wee turnstyles.

danhibees1875
31-10-2018, 04:23 PM

It will for this sort of thing.

I can only remember the Wallace Mercer one being attempted previously at a derby, which obviously failed.

I suspect it will be respected by everyone at their seats - both sides will have people still making their way in who aren't aware it's on and there might be a little noise from them, but generally I can't see how this wouldn't be well observed.

Peevemor
31-10-2018, 04:24 PM
If folk can get into the ground it'll be fine. My worry would be the noise from a rammy trying to get through their poky wee turnstyles.

And people still under the stand who don't know that it's started.

Cabbage East
31-10-2018, 04:24 PM

Exactly this. Their tiny turnstiles and gates mean a lot of folk will still be outside or coming in.

JimboHibs
31-10-2018, 04:25 PM

You worry too much.

hibsbollah
One or two steaming Hibs fans will probably shout out during the silence, probably as they're arriving in the ground, which the Hearts will then use to claim that we are ****, wee Celtic etc etc and disrespecting the dead.

Predictable and depressing.

Carheenlea
The main reason I made the OP - the more people that are aware the better if late getting to ground.

speedy_gonzales
31-10-2018, 04:34 PM
BT sports will cut their sound feed so neither team need worry about any background noise that might filter through.

Without sounding heartless, would we still be having a minute's silence if the Leicester chairman had passed away in a limo accident after Saturdays game? It seems to me this tragedy has been "hyped"(apologies for any offence) because of the nature of the vehicle involved???

cabbageandribs1875
31-10-2018, 04:37 PM
BT sports will cut their sound feed so neither team need worry about any background noise that might filter through.

Without sounding heartless, would we still be having a minute's silence if the Leicester chairman had passed away in a limo accident after Saturdays game? It seems to me this tragedy has been "hyped"(apologies for any offence) because of the nature of the vehicle involved???

i agree, very good points

cwilliamson85
31-10-2018, 05:13 PM

I think it’s because he was a chairman most supporters would love at their club. Not only did he do so much for the club but also the donations to local charities/ hospitals have made him a Leicester favourite even if they didn’t support the team.

Keith_M
31-10-2018, 05:24 PM

If I was going, I would respect the silence, but I don't see the relevance* of the (obviously sad) death of the chairman of a football club with no links to Hibs, Hearts or even Scotland.

* Probably not the right word, but I couldn't think how else to put it.

Brightside
31-10-2018, 05:37 PM

Correct. 100s of people died in an air crash recently. Not a peep anywhere. It’s the Sky Sports element that turns it into a national tragedy.

Here’s Lucy!
31-10-2018, 05:44 PM

Very true. :aok:

Sprouleflyer
31-10-2018, 05:47 PM
There is no need for this minutes silence as the man had absolutely no connection to either club or Scottish football.

If Glenn Hoddle had succumbed to his illness, would we have a minute silence for him?

Billy Whizz
31-10-2018, 05:48 PM
There is no need for this minutes silence as the man had absolutely no connection to either club or Scottish football.

If Glenn Hoddle had succumbed to his illness, would we have a minute silence for him?

Think it’s because it was a football related incident

Hiber-nation
31-10-2018, 05:50 PM
Think it’s because it was a football related incident

And maybe because both managers have played for/managed Leicester?

cwilliamson85
31-10-2018, 05:50 PM

I think it might be due to the games being televised nationally rather than just Scotland.

wpj
31-10-2018, 05:57 PM
It was a tragedy, it was a football tragedy and it only takes a minute. It's not an ordeal it's respect.

Conrad Gray
31-10-2018, 06:05 PM
Given that Levein is an ex Leicester Manager and Neil Lennon an ex player, I think both would want to pay their respects to the trauma their former club has suffered.

Sprouleflyer
31-10-2018, 07:06 PM
And maybe because both managers have played for/managed Leicester?

That is a fair point.