PDA

View Full Version : December fixtures

Cat Stanton
30-10-2018, 06:09 PM
Apologies if already covered but I hadn't quite appreciated how insane the fixture list is for December. 8 games in 4 weeks including 4 against the Old Firm (as they were) and Hearts. And a week where we play Sevco on two consecutive Wednesdays. What manner of insane incompetence is this?

(And that's two Wednesdays in a row when we are forced to listen to songs about killing Catholics and Britannia ruling the waves. Is there not some sort of European court of human rights that we can appeal to?)

Jesus wept.

Sat 1st: Killie away
Wed 5th: St. Mirren home
Sat 8th: Hamilton away
Sun 16th: Septic home
Wed 19th: Sevco home
Sat 22nd: Livi home
Wed 26th: Sevco away
Sat 29th: Hearts home

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/fixtures

HibeeHibernian4
30-10-2018, 06:11 PM
Essentially, it's a combination of UEFA's greed and the SPFL's incompetence of a winter break.

There are almost no free midweeks for domestic club football between August and December now (about one each month, I believe), and we decide to take 20 days off in January. This means we squeeze 8 games in the month before and have a pretty busy late January/February too for good measure.

Cat Stanton
30-10-2018, 06:22 PM
Essentially, it's a combination of UEFA's greed and the SPFL's incompetence of a winter break.

There are almost no free midweeks for domestic club football between August and December now (about one each month, I believe), and we decide to take 20 days off in January. This means we squeeze 8 games in the month before and have a pretty busy late January/February too for good measure.

Think the incompetence is also that they have the same teams playing twice in a week - I remember this happening with Aberdeen and Sevco last year too. What a *****y system that comes up with that..

cleanyman
30-10-2018, 06:22 PM
How exciting

These are the games you live for

Crack on

Billy Whizz
30-10-2018, 06:26 PM
Don’t think we’ve put the tickets for the Rangers and Celtic games on sale yet? Wonder if we’re giving them the full end?

KeithTheHibby
30-10-2018, 06:34 PM
Is this just not 1 game more than other clubs due to the huns game being arranged?
I would also imagine the old firm will be playing more games than us due to the Europa league.

Dancehibs
30-10-2018, 06:38 PM

Hibs and other teams wanted a winter break. SPFL implemented it.

HibeeHibernian4
30-10-2018, 06:44 PM
Hibs and other teams wanted a winter break. SPFL implemented it.

Yeah, and it's terrible and needs scrapped. It's not much use a break if you have to squeeze game after game in either side of it.

hibby6270
30-10-2018, 06:50 PM
The Sevco game on the 19th wasn’t in the original schedule. We should have played that on weekend just past but LC SF meant it had to be rearranged. That said, shoehorning it in to an already packed December is just crazy.

Dancehibs
30-10-2018, 07:01 PM
Yeah, and it's terrible and needs scrapped. It's not much use a break if you have to squeeze game after game in either side of it.
Agree. Point i am making this isn’t the SPFL doing. They are useless but for this issue it’s hibs and others fault

HibeeHibernian4
30-10-2018, 07:03 PM
Agree. Point i am making this isn’t the SPFL doing. They are useless but for this issue it’s hibs and others fault

You're right and I'm wrong, but thinking about it the SPFL is really a membership organisation, they just carry out what the clubs want.

Gatecrasher
30-10-2018, 08:18 PM
We've just had a free weekend, clubs should be encouraged to move them to weekends if able to do so.

hibee_girl
30-10-2018, 09:53 PM
We've just had a free weekend, clubs should be encouraged to move them to weekends if able to do so.

Every team that we play in December were playing this weekend, apart from livi but that game is already on a weekend so pretty pointless moving it.

macca70
30-10-2018, 10:02 PM
Apologies if already covered but I hadn't quite appreciated how insane the fixture list is for December. 8 games in 4 weeks including 4 against the Old Firm (as they were) and Hearts. And a week where we play Sevco on two consecutive Wednesdays. What manner of insane incompetence is this?

(And that's two Wednesdays in a row when we are forced to listen to songs about killing Catholics and Britannia ruling the waves. Is there not some sort of European court of human rights that we can appeal to?)

Jesus wept.

Sat 1st: Killie away
Wed 5th: St. Mirren home
Sat 8th: Hamilton away
Sun 16th: Septic home
Wed 19th: Sevco home
Sat 22nd: Livi home
Wed 26th: Sevco away
Sat 29th: Hearts home

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/fixtures

That’s is a mental December schedule!! Mrs is going to go daft with all those home games, especially the 16th, 19th and 22nd at home!!

Could always go to the games and not have a beer, nah, where’s the fun in that. Ha, ha!!

ronaldo7
31-10-2018, 10:47 AM
Every team that we play in December were playing this weekend, apart from livi but that game is already on a weekend so pretty pointless moving it.

We could have played livi on Saturday, and released the game on the 22nd, so we could have played Sevco then, instead of the Wednesday.

JimBHibees
31-10-2018, 10:50 AM
We could have played livi on Saturday, and released the game on the 22nd, so we could have played Sevco then, instead of the Wednesday.

Rangers would already have game on 22nd Dec however it would have eased the fixture backlog.

hibee_girl
31-10-2018, 10:50 AM

Rangers will already have a league game that weekend

ronaldo7
31-10-2018, 11:31 AM
Rangers will already have a league game that weekend

Make them play it on a Wednesday. 😉

danhibees1875
31-10-2018, 11:32 AM
We could have played Motherwell instead of Wednesday 23rd Jan, and moved one of the December midweek to Saturday 19th Jan (coming back from the winter break 4 days early - taking pressure off the late Jan/early Feb rush of 4 games in 2 weeks). :dunno:

Gives two extra Saturday games instead of Wednesdays without moving too many fixtures around.

james62
31-10-2018, 11:47 AM
Personally I would have tried to move the Livi game on the 22nd to the weekend just past as it would have given us a much needed wee break in between the 2 Rangers matches.