PDA

View Full Version : Football CEO of the year award

G B Young
30-10-2018, 02:54 PM
https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-owner-ann-budge-nominated-for-football-ceo-of-the-year-1-4821738

What is the nomination process for this? I'd have thought Leeann would have been in with a shout bearing in the mind the top to bottom transformation she's overseen at Hibs, capped by our record top flight points haul, unprecedented season ticket sales and a clear and ongoing upward trajectory across the board.

Mind you, it would be hard for her to compete with Queen Ann's achievements over the last year or so:

Disastrous appointment of untried manager resulting in a hefty pay-off with nearly three years of his contract still to run. Check

Hefty spending required on entire new first team squad and jettisoning of numerous hopeless signings. Check

Multi million pound overspend on badly designed new main stand. Check
Failure to complete said main stand within projected timescale, including embarrassing failure to order seats. Check
Leaving vast internal sections of said main stand unfinished for indefinite period. Check

Yep, you can see why the selection panel were impressed :wink:

Alan62
30-10-2018, 02:57 PM
Please god, let her win and keep the attention off our Leeann.

Bostonhibby
30-10-2018, 02:59 PM
https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-owner-ann-budge-nominated-for-football-ceo-of-the-year-1-4821738

What is the nomination process for this? I'd have thought Leeann would have been in with a shout bearing in the mind the top to bottom transformation she's overseen at Hibs, capped by our record top flight points haul, unprecedented season ticket sales and a clear and ongoing upward trajectory across the board.

Mind you, it would be hard for her to compete with Queen Ann's achievements over the last year or so:

Disastrous appointment of untried manager resulting in a hefty pay-off with nearly three years of his contract still to run. Check

Hefty spending required on entire new first team squad and jettisoning of numerous hopeless signings. Check

Multi million pound overspend on badly designed new main stand. Check
Failure to complete said main stand within projected timescale, including embarrassing failure to order seats. Check
Leaving vast internal sections of said main stand unfinished for indefinite period. Check

Yep, you can see why the selection panel were impressed :wink:

Guessing it was a two horse race? Personally out of the two I'd have gone for Dodgy Dave, he's blown much more money since they bumped their creditors and has the Petrofac trophy to show for it.

Peevemor
30-10-2018, 03:05 PM
Do the other CEO's rely on anonymous benefactors to fill the holes in their accountability?

Michael
30-10-2018, 03:07 PM
Do the other CEO's rely on anonymous benefactors to fill the holes in their accountability?

Maybe that's why she's getting the award. Money out of nothing.

Hibs07p
30-10-2018, 04:46 PM
Strangest thing for me is this, who has heard of this "competition" before, and how come we didn't hear about her finishing second in 2016?

Budge was nominated for this award in 2016 but lost out to Mark Catlin of Portsmouth.

Read more at: https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-owner-ann-budge-nominated-for-football-ceo-of-the-year-1-4821738

We must have been celebrating something really worthwhile to have given a F*** what Budgie was nominated for.

GGTTH
Scottish Cup Winners 2016

Carheenlea
30-10-2018, 06:07 PM
I don’t think Leeann is pompous or egotistical enough to be interested in contesting for such gongs. Probably run a mile from the very thought.

Wembley67
31-10-2018, 09:41 AM
I don’t think Leeann is pompous or egotistical enough to be interested in contesting for such gongs. Probably run a mile from the very thought.

My thoughts exactly. LD knows she does a good job as do her employers and everyone in the business, this award doesn't really do much apart from stroke the ego.

Kato
31-10-2018, 09:48 AM

Exactly, corporate back-slapping. Even though Anne has made a proper pigs ear of everything she touches at Tynie I sincerely hope she wins, just to hear the acceptance speech. Guaranteed to be complete cringe.

danhibees1875
31-10-2018, 10:12 AM

I'd be surprised if that were true - I imagine LD, as well as any other CEO, would be delighted to have their work recognised and be up for the award.

Callyballybe
31-10-2018, 11:24 AM
Please god, let her win and keep the attention off our Leeann.

My thoughts exactly.

jacomo
31-10-2018, 12:02 PM
Does the award come with a trophy?

I’m sure Hearts will be interested.