PDA

View Full Version : Derby predictions?

we are hibs
29-10-2018, 04:58 PM
I'll go 1-1. They've a few players (allegedly) out but our record there is abysmal.

sauzee=legend
29-10-2018, 05:01 PM
2-0 cabbage, early goal from Flo and a break away in the 2nd half from Boyle.

HH81
29-10-2018, 05:01 PM
0-0.however, an early Hibs goal first half hour and I'm going 0-3.

Here’s Lucy!
29-10-2018, 05:03 PM
Sainsburys staff 0 v 2 Cabbage

:greengrin

JohnM1875
29-10-2018, 05:04 PM
1-3 Hibs. I've had the feeling we're due them a pumping at PBS for a few years now. Never seems to happen though.

H18 SFR
29-10-2018, 05:08 PM
1-0 Hibs or 0-0

Jim44
29-10-2018, 05:15 PM
I hope for but never expect a win there, so a draw would be a great result. 0-0 or a jammy 1-0 win for them.

Diclonius
29-10-2018, 05:28 PM
http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?334937-El-Radgio

Hibernian32
29-10-2018, 05:31 PM
3-0 Mallan,Kamberi & Efe

Libby Hibby
29-10-2018, 05:36 PM
Early goal for us and it’s ours...the longer it goes on, the more chance they have of sneaking one and then shutting up shop.

Onceinawhile
29-10-2018, 05:39 PM
Tight game, either a draw or one in it either way. Like 90% of all Edinburgh derbies.

HibeeHibernian4
29-10-2018, 05:41 PM
2-1 them. People predicting 0-3 and the like never seem to learn do they?

Last derby at Tynecastle where either side won by more than two clear goals was January 2006. It's just not happening, sorry.

B.H.F.C
29-10-2018, 05:48 PM
I don’t think we’ll lose.

Whether we win or draw is down to how Lennon sets us up. He’s always had us up for it against them at ER. At Tynecastle I think he’s been too cautious. I hope he goes for it.

MWHIBBIES
29-10-2018, 05:49 PM
2-1 them. People predicting 0-3 and the like never seem to learn do they?

Last derby at Tynecastle where either side won by more than two clear goals was January 2006. It's just not happening, sorry.They literally never learn. Its always ''we're due them one''

We're due them nothing. We're due what we get which is often nothing. We need to turn up and play to our potential for once.

I'd take a draw. Smart money on 0-0 IMO. Games there are dreadful. Would absolutely love us to win it.

Col2
29-10-2018, 05:51 PM
The weekend cup defeat, the manner of it and the injuries they have has in my opinion turned this game into being winnable.

Assuming Naismith is out and also Haring - our team will be player for player better in almost all positions.

Kamberi and Boyle vs McLean and Wigtown

Ambrose and Hanlon/Porteous v Dunne and Dikamona

Smith v SDG

Mallan v Bosniac

0-2 Hibs win

Scouse Hibee
29-10-2018, 05:58 PM
Draw or defeat.

HibeeHibernian4
29-10-2018, 06:01 PM
They literally never learn. Its always ''we're due them one''

We're due them nothing. We're due what we get which is often nothing. We need to turn up and play to our potential for once.

I'd take a draw. Smart money on 0-0 IMO. Games there are dreadful. Would absolutely love us to win it.

All the usual clichés come out, while the previous games might play a small part in the psychology of the two squads, it is by and large completely irrelevant. With the two teams at fairly even ability, what appears to be happening in the last few years is:

Hearts come to Easter Road and aren't able to hunt in packs and close Hibs' passing down quick enough, Hibs win 1 or 2-0.

Hibs go to Tynecastle, there's precious little space for any football, Hearts run over the top of us and are ruthlessly clinical with the few chances they create. Hibs do well to get a point out of any game there, but quite often end up losing.

Based on all of the above, coupled with the fact that Hearts have made an exceptionally good start to the season, means that chances of winning, let alone by a two or three goal margin, are slim.

They are very good at Tynecastle, we similarly have turned Easter Road into a fortress, it comes as little surprise to me that there hasn't been an away win in this fixture since April 2014.

Weegreenman
29-10-2018, 06:05 PM
Prediction = Tight as a ducks hole. 1 nil either way! First team to score wins!

My_Wife_Camille
29-10-2018, 06:08 PM
They literally never learn. Its always ''we're due them one''

Never learn what? Learn to be a boring, disillusioned, cynical fart who can’t even muster up that little bit of excitement and belief that we could go there and pump them for once?

**** that. The day I ‘learn’ to become more concerned about predicting a correct score instead of getting excited about the fact it just might be the game where we put 8 past them is the day I give up.

No thanks. 3-0 Hibs.

HibeeHibernian4
29-10-2018, 06:11 PM
Never learn what? Learn to be a boring, disillusioned, cynical fart who can’t even muster up that little bit of excitement and belief that we could go there and pump them for once?

**** that. The day I ‘learn’ to become more concerned about predicting a correct score instead of getting excited about the fact it just might be the game where we put 8 past them is the day I give up.

No thanks. 3-0 Hibs.

The sort of mentality that I laugh at when I see it on Kickback.

If we win, I'll be as happy as any Hibs fan, in fact probably happier as I genuinely think there's about a 10% chance of it happening on Wednesday, so I'd be even more surprised/delighted by it.

I personally think that it's "boring" to repeat the same cycle of "we're going to ****ing pump the gunts this time!" only to be crestfallen when the usual script of a 0-0, 1-1, 1-0 or 2-1 Hearts win unfolds.

Of course I'm excited, but you'd have to be naïve in the extreme to pretend a pumping is possible. Levein would genuinely rather die than let his side concede 4+ goals to us at Tynie.

MWHIBBIES
29-10-2018, 06:13 PM

No thanks. 3-0 Hibs.

As long as your having fun.

I don't see any point in deluding myself. It will be a very tight game.

My_Wife_Camille
29-10-2018, 06:21 PM
The sort of mentality that I laugh at when I see it on Kickback.

If we win, I'll be as happy as any Hibs fan, in fact probably happier as I genuinely think there's about a 10% chance of it happening on Wednesday, so I'd be even more surprised/delighted by it.

I personally think that it's "boring" to repeat the same cycle of "we're going to ****ing pump the gunts this time!" only to be crestfallen when the usual script of a 0-0, 1-1, 1-0 or 2-1 Hearts win unfolds.

Of course I'm excited, but you'd have to be naïve in the extreme to pretend a pumping is possible. Levein would genuinely rather die than let his side concede 4+ goals to us at Tynie.
I know, that’s why I think so many people get caught up with trying to be ‘realistic’ rather than just relaxing and letting their imagination go a bit. You laugh at them so you’re make sure to be realistic so they can’t laugh at you.

Who cares if its naive? Was it naive to think that Leicester would win the league?

Personally I couldn’t give a **** if opposition fans laughed. In fact, if there is one thing I’d give Hearts fans credit for its the way that they seem to have this unmovable faith in their team regardless of how unlikely it is. People laughing at them talking about the treble - I much prefer seeing fans getting excited and talking about the possibility about these things happening than just ‘learning’ to accept that it’ll probably just be a 0-0.

Ive changed my mind, 4-0 Hibs

HibeeHibernian4
29-10-2018, 06:25 PM
Ive changed my mind, 4-0 Hibs

The drinks are on me for St J at home if that comes off.

SirDavidsNapper
29-10-2018, 06:27 PM
Are we good enough to win? Yes. Are we the better team? Probably. Will we win? Probably not.

My_Wife_Camille
29-10-2018, 06:31 PM
As long as your having fun.

I don't see any point in deluding myself. It will be a very tight game.
Fair enough my man. Ones mans deslusions is another mans faith and all that.

The drinks are on me for St J at home if that comes off.
I’ll hold you that!

Souter96Mac
29-10-2018, 06:32 PM
I'm now feeling confident, which makes me uneasy. Heart is saying 3-0 win. Head is saying we lose 1-0 on some dodgy penalty.

Eyrie
29-10-2018, 06:37 PM
Hearts to drag us down to their level on the Tiny pitch in a 0-0 draw, which they will then celebrate by releasing a commemorative DVD just in time for Christmas.

I'm_cabbaged
29-10-2018, 06:39 PM
We’re going to pump them

EH54
29-10-2018, 06:56 PM
3-1 hibs. Think we will be right up for it from the start, the players know they are the better side.

chrisski33
29-10-2018, 06:57 PM
Draw or defeat for one team

Hibees1973
29-10-2018, 06:57 PM
It’s vital that we have our captain in the team on Wednesday night. He provides Hibs with authority and presence which we will need in that bear pit of a stadium. It‘s time for this batch of Hibs players to be remembered as one that recorded a victory at a Tiny. Lennon needs to get them up for this and perform. I don’t have any doubt that Hibs are a better footballing team than Hearts. Wednesday night is the time to prove it. We need to get over these hammer throwing and hoofball comments even though there is a lot of truth in them. Get the message across by beating them on Wednesday.

silverhibee
29-10-2018, 06:58 PM
Gaun the wife.

0-5

Tornadoes70
29-10-2018, 06:58 PM
Hearts 0 Hibernian 2

Mon the Cabbage!!!

:flag:

SonOfDavidFrancey
29-10-2018, 07:05 PM
Prediction = Tight as a ducks hole. 1 nil either way! First team to score wins!

I’m not a gambler but would be prepared to bet that if it finishes 1-0 the first team to s aire will win.

Famous Fiver
29-10-2018, 07:06 PM
Man for man we are miles ahead of them.

However, due to previous experiences I will take a draw right now.

Phil MaGlass
29-10-2018, 07:07 PM
3-0 Hibs, oh and the Real Madrid managers just been sacked

Hibeesforever
29-10-2018, 07:10 PM
This is going to be Lennon's greatest night 1-4 Hibs win

HibbyAndy
29-10-2018, 07:11 PM
We won't lose

KDY Hibs
29-10-2018, 07:40 PM
I'll go 1-1. They've a few players (allegedly) out but our record there is abysmal.

1-3 really fancy us this time

Sir David Gray
29-10-2018, 08:20 PM
2-1 Hearts I'm never confident going there but I hope I'm proved wrong.

Gogs07
29-10-2018, 08:20 PM
2-0. Mallan and Boyle!.

The 90+2
29-10-2018, 08:30 PM
We will win 2-0 or draw 0-0

Paisley Hibby
29-10-2018, 08:41 PM

I predict most of the predictions will be wrong 😉

Paisley Hibby
29-10-2018, 08:42 PM
It’s vital that we have our captain in the team on Wednesday night. He provides Hibs with authority and presence which we will need in that bear pit of a stadium. It‘s time for this batch of Hibs players to be remembered as one that recorded a victory at a Tiny. Lennon needs to get them up for this and perform. I don’t have any doubt that Hibs are a better footballing team than Hearts. Wednesday night is the time to prove it. We need to get over these hammer throwing and hoofball comments even though there is a lot of truth in them. Get the message across by beating them on Wednesday.
Exactly!!

Hibees1973
29-10-2018, 09:04 PM
Cheers Paisley Hibby. We are both at an age when we remember all of the Hibs victories at Tiny in the last 40 years.....there haven’t been many. This Hibs team is good enough to record another....a narrow victory 2 - 1 I hope.

Greentinted
29-10-2018, 09:26 PM
Sticking to my prediction on the other thread:

3-0 Hibs (Mallan, 23; Boyle, 56; Kamberi, 83)

Man Down Under
30-10-2018, 03:41 AM
2-1 to someone. Hopefully us

Sent from my SM-J330G using Tapatalk

California-Hibs
30-10-2018, 04:22 AM
Can't see anything other than a Hibs win. Naismith and Harring are massive losses. We'll boss the midfield and have a far superior strikeforce in Kamberi and Boyle. 0-2

PeeJay
30-10-2018, 04:57 AM
Would be delighted with 3 points at Tynecastle, but looks more like a draw to me - still, it's a derby anything can happen on the night, I guess - whatever happens it will not be an easy game for anyone ....

Forza Fred
30-10-2018, 05:06 AM
I think the Yams will defend well.

Whether we do the same, will decide if we take anything from the game.

To win we need to score first....can’t see more than a single goal in the game.

AZhibee
30-10-2018, 04:24 PM
0-1, no scoring power in the yams, tough fought goal for Kamberi in 82nd minute.

hfc rd
30-10-2018, 04:55 PM
If it is correct that 6/7 of their key players are injured, I’d be disappointed with a draw. A draw for them would be a very good result.

theonlywayisup
30-10-2018, 05:34 PM
The Hertz have an annoying ability to get a result against us, especially at Tiny. Our record there is appalling. We always seem to struggle against a Hertz team that's always difficult to play against.

As a result, I'm not going to predict a Hibs win. Obviously, I would be delighted with a win of any type, but can't see it. Apologies to be negative.

Even when we do beat them, we only seem capable of doing it by one goal when we deserve to win by three or more goals deficit.

Tomorrow, I really hope we've got our shooting boots on. There are some games that you know in the first 10 or 15 minutes that it's not going to be our day. We get chance after chance, but they are sliced, duffed, hit high etc. Then there's the games when their goalie has that amazing match, when it's unbelievable save after the other. Even when we do score great goals, the linesman fails to do their job properly as evident in the Leigh and Shaw 'goals'.

Whereas at the other end, they score with the only chance they get. Typically off-side or deflected.

Surely, they're due to get a Tiny Derby thumping. :pray:

:hmmm:

vahibbie
30-10-2018, 05:42 PM
Sticking to my prediction on the other thread:

3-0 Hibs (Mallan, 23; Boyle, 56; Kamberi, 83)

If we go ahead in 23 minutes or before I can well see us go on to score 3.
But I'll take a 0-1 win scoring anytime :flag::flag:

StevieHendo
30-10-2018, 06:02 PM
Man for man we are miles ahead of them.

However, due to previous experiences I will take a draw right now.

I dont really think we are miles ahead of them at all think its alot closer than those on here care to admit, the lad dunne from Burnley looks as good if not better than Berra not a chance he'l be there long. Lee in the middle from Lutons a player too. Im delighted Uches out i think he'd have caused reaks of havoc but we must score first. that much is imperative!

theonlywayisup
30-10-2018, 07:19 PM
The Hertz have an annoying ability to get a result against us, especially at Tiny. Our record there is appalling. We always seem to struggle against a Hertz team that's always difficult to play against.

As a result, I'm not going to predict a Hibs win. Obviously, I would be delighted with a win of any type, but can't see it. Apologies to be negative.

Even when we do beat them, we only seem capable of doing it by one goal when we deserve to win by three or more goals deficit.

Tomorrow, I really hope we've got our shooting boots on. There are some games that you know in the first 10 or 15 minutes that it's not going to be our day. We get chance after chance, but they are sliced, duffed, hit high etc. Then there's the games when their goalie has that amazing match, when it's unbelievable save after the other. Even when we do score great goals, the linesman fails to do their job properly as evident in the Leigh and Shaw 'goals'.

Whereas at the other end, they score with the only chance they get. Typically off-side or deflected.

Surely, they're due to get a Tiny Derby thumping. :pray:

:hmmm:

I appreciate my earlier post was maybe a bit negative, so I've cheered myself up by watching some Hibs victories of the past.

Found this one from the 6-2 game. Not seen this one before as it has a lot more highlights than what I've seen before.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CGh2lBPeDz4

Hope Hibs take their chances as well as that night.

Fife-Hibee
30-10-2018, 07:24 PM
Farts 0 hibernian 3

NikGunnarsson
30-10-2018, 07:26 PM
Heart says 3-1 Hibs, Slvika to score another a belter like the Ibrox game.
Head says Hearts to take all three points, we just can't seem to win against them on their patch unfortunately.

mutley
30-10-2018, 07:37 PM
I’ll go for a nervy 1-0 Hibs, however if they score first, I’ll take 2-1 Hibs

PS........ I would still love us to absolutely hammer them, but for all the years I’ve waited for that, it’s never happened.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

leggeto
30-10-2018, 08:14 PM
Always happy for a draw at that place but we won't have a better chance and time to do them tomorrow,I'm saying 0-1 and for it to be a total battle with hardly any good football played.
If they let us play however we could be on for a very good night

SirDavidsNapper
30-10-2018, 08:18 PM
We're going to win there at some point. May as well be tomorrow.

SChibs
30-10-2018, 09:14 PM
4-0 hibs

Bostonhibby
30-10-2018, 09:16 PM
2-1 us. Kamberi and Mallan

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Del Boy
30-10-2018, 09:23 PM
3-1 hibs

Hi Heid Yin
30-10-2018, 09:26 PM
We are all simply going on hunches/gut feelings/previous derbies at Tynecastle etc, etc, but the fact is that none of us have a scoobie.
Every derby is a one-off in which anything and everything can happen.
This said, predicting a result can be a bit of fun and a way of psyching oneself up and/or relieving a bit of the pre-match stress - so, I will go for 2-2.

Hibeewilly
30-10-2018, 09:31 PM
2-0 Hibees......I just cant see them scoring tomorrow

The Spaceman
30-10-2018, 09:33 PM
Can't wait for this. 3rd time in a row I have got tickets for Tynecastle, here's hoping 3rd time lucky! :thumbsup:

2-1 Hibs. A scrappy, cagey affair. Maclaren to be brought on and score the winner. Mallan with a freekick in the first half.

Greenbeard
30-10-2018, 09:38 PM
This is going to be Lennon's greatest night 1-4 Hibs win
No way is that going to happen. Absolutely no way.

Clean sheet for us to go along with Kambo's hat-trick and a Mallan screamer for 0-4.

heretoday
30-10-2018, 09:56 PM
It'll be a draw I reckon.

We'll score first.

PatHead
30-10-2018, 10:09 PM
0-7

silverhibee
30-10-2018, 10:12 PM
0-7

Now we're f***ing talking :flag::thumbsup::thumbsup:

McSwanky
30-10-2018, 10:13 PM
Now we're f***ing talking :flag:[emoji106][emoji106]Too right. Despite being top of the league, Hearts are still *****. A big win for the Hibees tomorrow.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

southern hibby
30-10-2018, 10:19 PM
I can honestly see Hibs dishing out a severe spanking if we play football like we can AND there is a strong ref that stops their antics and hammers them when they start kicking anything that moves.

Also can see Mallan being the difference.

GGTTH

GreenArmyyy!
30-10-2018, 10:27 PM
I’ll be honest, I hate this over confidence, we’ve barely kicked a ball at Tynecastle over the past 20 years and our last two wins were at the end of 2013 and the Casper game in 2009.

I’m always confident of pumping them at home but given how small the pitch is players barely get a second to breathe at Tynecastle which generally means very few chances.

We simply must win the fight early doors to have a chance of winning tomorrow.

silverhibee
30-10-2018, 10:37 PM
Too right. Despite being top of the league, Hearts are still *****. A big win for the Hibees tomorrow.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

I'm that confident I have emailed hertz to make sure they have a defibrillator in the dugout just in case. :cb

Austinho
30-10-2018, 11:14 PM
I expect Hearts to be solid, but without much of an attacking threat. I assume they’ll be set up to defend first and foremost, so if we get the first goal, I think we’ll go on to win.

I’d like to see us come out the blocks going all out for an early goal. I’d even be tempted if we won the toss to shake it up and shoot towards the Hibs end first half to add some extra encouragement. Get the first goal, and bring on Bartley to shore things up and have Boyle and Horgan driving forward hitting them on the counter attack.

mim
30-10-2018, 11:16 PM
The last time we won away to a top six team in the league was The Rangers on February 3rd.
Since then we have only won at Dundee and St. Mirren - the two weakest sides in the league.

This doesn't mean we can't win tonight, but it's kind of hard to be confident. I'll go for 1-1.

Baader
30-10-2018, 11:26 PM
Never easy there and too often have seen us not turn up at that tinpot stadium. The narrow pitch doesn't help us.

Be pleased with a point. Hopefully be pleasantly surprised though. Key is to start well, attack their fullbacks and get the first goal.

monktonharp
30-10-2018, 11:56 PM
Hibernian 1 nil, goal scored around 78 mins. Bartley to come on Kamberri off. Olly Shaw scores 83 mins, trams full o' Jambos 90 mins. Hibs fans dancing.

Tornadoes70
31-10-2018, 12:30 AM
Hibernian 1 nil, goal scored around 78 mins. Bartley to come on Kamberri off. Olly Shaw scores 83 mins, trams full o' Jambos 90 mins. Hibs fans dancing.

I think we'd all be very happy indeed after a 1-0 win or any win for that matter and here's hoping this place is alive the same time tomorrow night after beating the yams at the piggery which is rarely an easy achievement which makes it all the more sweet when we do.

Mon the Cabbage!!!

:flag:

Brightside
31-10-2018, 08:09 AM
I predict that loads of clarty barstewards will piss all over the floor in the already disgusting toilets, and we will be wading in pi$$. Please don’t. It will ruin my diadoras. It’s not that hard to piss in the urinals.

Sean1875
31-10-2018, 08:18 AM
Heart says 2-0 Hibs. Heart says 1-1 draw.

bigwheel
31-10-2018, 08:22 AM
Heart says 2-0 Hibs. Heart says 1-1 draw.

your Heart needs to make up its mind :)

The 90+2
31-10-2018, 08:27 AM
3-1 Hibs. We will win this evening if that there is no doubt.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
31-10-2018, 10:04 AM
1-0 or 2-1 Hearts.

Sean1875
31-10-2018, 10:34 AM
your Heart needs to make up its mind :)

:doh: You can tell theres a distinct lack of 'head' went into my original post :greengrin

.Sean.
31-10-2018, 11:15 AM
Two nil Hibs

Nevi_SOL
31-10-2018, 11:23 AM
2-0 mallan and Kamberi

Mallan free kicks are the one thing we’ve been missing in derbies for a long time they give a silly free kicks away around the box

Lancs Harp
31-10-2018, 11:28 AM
1-0 Hibs, Marv off the bench to score 90th minute winner.

Captain Trips
31-10-2018, 11:33 AM
3-1 to Hibs. FACT

Captain Trips
31-10-2018, 11:33 AM
2-0 mallan and Kamberi

Mallan free kicks are the one thing we’ve been missing in derbies for a long time they give a silly free kicks away around the box

Even when we actually score one it gets chopped off.