PDA

View Full Version : Injury update

SirDavidsNapper
29-10-2018, 12:00 PM
I wonder what shape the squad will be in for Wednesday. A few of the boys were carrying knocks against Celtic and the wee break probably came at a good time. Having SDG back would be massive and also a chance for Maclaren to get back up to speed. Anyone know when the managers prezzer is?

Winston Ingram
29-10-2018, 12:08 PM
I wonder what shape the squad will be in for Wednesday. A few of the boys were carrying knocks against Celtic and the wee break probably came at a good time. Having SDG back would be massive and also a chance for Maclaren to get back up to speed. Anyone know when the managers prezzer is?

I’d be surprised if McLaren started. It be too much of a risk to carry him in a game like this. Could be a useful sub though

Callum_62
29-10-2018, 12:46 PM
I’d be surprised if McLaren started. It be too much of a risk to carry him in a game like this. Could be a useful sub though

I suspect we will start with pretty similar team to the 2nd half at Parkhead

We need Milligan or Bartley holding in midfield though

McSwanky
29-10-2018, 12:59 PM

Milligan was born for playing against Hearts. He's key in this one.

Stewboy
29-10-2018, 01:00 PM
We have injuries?!? Surely its just Hearts who get them?

Callum_62
29-10-2018, 01:00 PM
Milligan was born for playing against Hearts. He's key in this one.

Just hoping hes moved from centre half back to where he has been excellent

Any news on Hanlon? Think porteous might come back in

1van Sprou7e
29-10-2018, 01:02 PM
Porteous will surely play so Milligan should be in midfield. Even if he is at CB I'm sure Bartley will come in anyways so not too worried on that front

bingo70
29-10-2018, 01:06 PM
Porteous will surely play so Milligan should be in midfield. Even if he is at CB I'm sure Bartley will come in anyways so not too worried on that front

Bartley won't play, he seems to be well out the picture now.

I notice the new Greek lad Harry isn't involved in the development side today so i suspect he may be involved on Wednesday night.

RossScott1991
29-10-2018, 01:09 PM
Really not sure about Efe having to play RB unless we got with 3.5.2 with Boyle in wingback position.

I don’t think Boyle suits playing CF and at Tynie there will be no space for him to operate in behind

Golden Bear
29-10-2018, 01:10 PM

I notice the new Greek lad Harry isn't involved in the development side today so i suspect he may be involved on Wednesday night.

Hopefully marvellous Marvin will make a cameo appearance, he's had some outstanding performances against THEM and this type of match seems to bring out the best in him.

KWJ
29-10-2018, 01:13 PM
My only worry of Porteous in a game like this is him getting through 90 minutes on the pitch. He's an absolute stick on for at least a yellow.

1van Sprou7e
29-10-2018, 01:13 PM

He will if Milligan isn't in midfield I'm sure

Think Lennon should know by now you need at least 1 hard **** in midfield at tynie

The 90+2
29-10-2018, 01:14 PM

Gray trained today.

1van Sprou7e
29-10-2018, 01:15 PM
My only worry of Porteous in a game like this is him getting through 90 minutes on the pitch. He's an absolute stick on for at least a yellow.

Sometimes derbies actually have surprisingly few booking as the ref is a lot more lenient. It was certainly noticeable in the natural order derby

Hermit Crab
29-10-2018, 01:18 PM
Wonder if Nelom and the Greek boy will be involved.

CapitalGreen
29-10-2018, 01:28 PM

So was John McGinn and he managed to stay on the pitch in every derby he played.

Zazu62
29-10-2018, 01:33 PM
I hope we wear the right footwear this time, Lenny was raging about it last time players slipping all over the place

davhibby
29-10-2018, 03:20 PM
I think we need both Milligan and Marv in midfield. The pitch is too small for us to play our normal game successfully so we need to be ready to win the battle.

Stuart93
29-10-2018, 03:22 PM
I think we need both Milligan and Marv in midfield. The pitch is too small for us to play our normal game successfully so we need to be ready to win the battle.

I did feel like this however we’d maybe be inviting pressure

RossScott1991
29-10-2018, 03:28 PM

I think that is the worst thing we could do, plays into their hands. It is our downfall every time, we only need 1 of them on the pitch and the rest should be all our best footballers who can get it down and play. Ball retention away to Hearts is just as important as guys who are good for when the games a scrap.

Last time we played well at Tynie and dominated was Hanlon last min and it was because we had guys like Thomson etc who got the ball down and played that day.

calumhibee1
29-10-2018, 03:56 PM
Really not sure about Efe having to play RB unless we got with 3.5.2 with Boyle in wingback position.

I don’t think Boyle suits playing CF and at Tynie there will be no space for him to operate in behind

There's no room for Boyle to operate anywhere on that farce of a pitch. I'd be tempted not to play him as his game is based around getting into space of which there is none when you're playing 11s on a 7 a side pitch.

I'm sure I actually read that Tynecastle is the equivalent of a full 18 yard box and then some smaller in total area than ER. Anyone that's good at maths and know the dimensions able to confirm? When you put it that way and picture Easter Road with the goals moved up to the edge of the 18 yard box at one end it really hits home how tiny the pitch is.

Onion
29-10-2018, 04:05 PM
There's no room for Boyle to operate anywhere on that farce of a pitch. I'd be tempted not to play him as his game is based around getting into space of which there is none when you're playing 11s on a 7 a side pitch.

I'm sure I actually read that Tynecastle is the equivalent of a full 18 yard box and then some smaller in total area than ER. Anyone that's good at maths and know the dimensions able to confirm? When you put it that way and picture Easter Road with the goals moved up to the edge of the 18 yard box at one end it really hits home how tiny the pitch is.

Opinions eh ? Hearts play a pressing game at the PBS. Part of that is by pushing their back 4 up, compressing the game. Boyle has pace to burn and is in good form. They can't afford to leave 30 yards for him to run in behind or expect to play the perfect offside trap every time. Boyle will play.

calumhibee1
29-10-2018, 04:06 PM
Opinions eh ? Hearts play a pressing game at the PBS. Part of that is by pushing their back 4 up, compressing the game. Boyle has pace to burn and is in good form. They can't afford to leave 30 yards for him to run in behind or expect to play the perfect offside trap every time. Boyle will play.

Problem is when they push up it only leaves about 10 yards behind them :greengrin I think Boyle has possibly been our best player this season but I just don't see him being a lot of use on Wednesday through no fault of his own. I do think Lennon will play him though and I hope he has a stormer.

Hibee Mac
29-10-2018, 04:46 PM

Think you're right. If I'm correct the difference in area between Easter Road and Tiny is equivalent to more than one 18 yard box, (1.3 to be exact) a pretty significant amount!

ER is 105m X 68m, Tiny is 100m X 64m
Difference in area is 720m2
18 yard box is about 545m2
720/545 is about 1.33

superfurryhibby
29-10-2018, 05:03 PM
Think you're right. If I'm correct the difference in area between Easter Road and Tiny is equivalent to more than one 18 yard box, (1.3 to be exact) a pretty significant amount!

720/545 is about 1.33

I read the same figures but they quoted yards not metres. That makes some difference to the dimensions.

Our pitch is only 5 yards longer and 4 yards wider.

Ozyhibby
29-10-2018, 05:20 PM
Boyle has done well at Tynecastle before and I’m certain he will play. We missed him when he got injured last time there.
Any news on agyepong’s injury?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

K.Marx
29-10-2018, 05:35 PM
If you ask any hearts fan to name one player they would want us not to play it would be Boyle. Regardless of the pitch size they know pace hurts them. Only question really will be whether he’s played up top with Flo, wide in a front 3, or wing back. My guess is the first option.

Brooster
29-10-2018, 05:42 PM
Porteous absolutely has to play. Can't understand why he was dropped for the last game after so many clean sheets.

Onceinawhile
29-10-2018, 05:46 PM
He was carrying a knock.

Golden Bear
29-10-2018, 05:56 PM
He was carrying a knock.

But on the bench?

H18 SFR
29-10-2018, 05:56 PM
Porteous absolutely has to play. Can't understand why he was dropped for the last game after so many clean sheets.

Foot injury.

Aldo
29-10-2018, 06:05 PM
If SDG is still struggling I would like to see us with a back 3 and Boyle at WB. The laddie Mitchell has struggled defensively recently and Boyles pace should have him on back foot.

If Hanlon is still out I’d go with

Bogdan

Efe Porteous MacGregor
Milligan
Harry Mallan Stevenson
Boyle Horgan
Flo

3-5-2 or

3-1-3-3 line up.

Think the Greek lad may play but if not SDG.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SChibs
29-10-2018, 08:54 PM

720/545 is about 1.33

I don't think hearts care much about the length and breadth of the pitch. They just need the grass to be long enough and the sky to be high enough so the ball doesn't bounce back off it

Onceinawhile
29-10-2018, 08:57 PM
But on the bench?

Yup.

Brooster
29-10-2018, 09:19 PM
He was carrying a knock.

Injured but on the bench? Don't think so.

The_Horde
29-10-2018, 09:37 PM
Injured but on the bench? Don't think so.

Happens all the time. No point risking further damage unless you absolutely have to.

A 50% fit Porto, for instance, is a far better option than say.. having to put Lewis in there again.

Brooster
30-10-2018, 06:33 AM
I'm not convinced we put injured players on the bench.

JimBHibees
30-10-2018, 06:35 AM

More likely he had a knock but probably could play at a push hence the reason he didnt start. I am sure you are right if he had no chance of playing he wouldnt be on the bench.

Brooster
30-10-2018, 06:50 AM

Zazu62
30-10-2018, 06:58 AM

Didn’t he get injured in the warm up ?

Kaff
30-10-2018, 07:02 AM

NL said it on the radio before ko, bruised foot which wouldn't have stopped him if he was really required.
Whether it was just to be kinder than saying he was dropped or genuinely kept him out of the team I've no idea but it was definitely said

GreenArmyyy!
30-10-2018, 07:06 AM

You could argue Bartley has been our best performer in derbies over the past 3-4 years. Dominates the midfield in every single game against them.

Tricky one, I suspect Lennon will go with Milligan but I’d be confident with either one of them.

we are hibs
30-10-2018, 07:08 AM

You would hope not. What would have happened if McGregor or Efe were injured early on and he had to come on? Your either fit to play or not.

blackpoolhibs
30-10-2018, 12:59 PM
I'd say some players have been on the bench or even started games for us while carrying knocks of one sort or another, in fact i remember a half fit Leigh Griffiths playing in the cup final against celtic.

JimBHibees
30-10-2018, 01:02 PM
I'd say some players have been on the bench or even started games for us while carrying knocks of one sort or another, in fact i remember a half fir Leigh Griffiths playing in the cup final against celtic.

Couldnt agree more most players will likely be trying to manage some sort of knock or condition but will want to play anyway.

blackpoolhibs
30-10-2018, 01:04 PM
Couldnt agree more most players will likely be trying to manage some sort of knock or condition but will want to play anyway.

Without knowing the ins and outs of it, i'd say Martin Boyle has played this season not 100% fit.

JimBHibees
30-10-2018, 01:04 PM
Without knowing the ins and outs of it, i'd say Martin Boyle has played this season not 100% fit.

Certainly looks it at times.

Onceinawhile
30-10-2018, 01:07 PM

Thomas Agyepong definitely has.

Zazu62
30-10-2018, 03:38 PM
Gray,Hanlon, Hyndman Agyepong major doubts

JimBHibees
30-10-2018, 04:05 PM

Not so good. Where you hearing that?

The 90+2
30-10-2018, 04:09 PM
Problem is when they push up it only leaves about 10 yards behind them :greengrin I think Boyle has possibly been our best player this season but I just don't see him being a lot of use on Wednesday through no fault of his own. I do think Lennon will play him though and I hope he has a stormer.

He started on fire last derby or the one before it before going off injured when someone clogged him (shock)

Billy Whizz
30-10-2018, 04:10 PM

Presume from Lennon’s press conference today

JimBHibees
30-10-2018, 04:13 PM
Presume from Lennon’s press conference today

Thought Gray and Hanlon would be out Hyndman would be a miss IMO.

adhibs
30-10-2018, 04:27 PM
Thought Gray and Hanlon would be out Hyndman would be a miss IMO.

Can't make my mind up on that one. One one hand we could miss him linking midfield to the forwards, on the other he's that slight he could be completely ineffectual against them.

Alan62
30-10-2018, 04:28 PM

The thing with injuries is that there are all different types. Sure we don't put guys on the bench with broken legs or major muscle strains but players do take part who have more minor niggles and injuries - like bruising, cuts, swelling and the like. There's also the guys who manage long term issues (like Darren MacGregor and his knees) which don't prevent them playing but do compromise their ability to some degree.

Zazu62
30-10-2018, 04:29 PM

Lennon

bingo70
30-10-2018, 04:29 PM
Can't make my mind up on that one. One one hand we could miss him linking midfield to the forwards, on the other he's that slight he could be completely ineffectual against them.

I don't think Hyndman works playing behind a lone striker. I think he needs to be feeding through balls to a couple of forwards.

If we play Kamberi up top on his own as i think we might, we need an attacking midfielder that'll make runs beyond him. Slivka or Horgan are better suited for that IMO.

we are hibs
30-10-2018, 04:39 PM
Hopefully mavrias comes in at right back and he doesn't mess about with ridiculous formations like the Celtic game

Northernhibee
30-10-2018, 04:45 PM
Bogdan

Harry
Efe
Ryan
Lewis

Milligan
Bartley

Boyle
Slivka
Horgan

Flo

hfc rd
30-10-2018, 04:46 PM
Was hoping to have Gray, Hanlon and Agyepong back for this but will see if they are passed fit to play. Got full confidence in their replacements if they are unavailable.

Comparing our injury list to the yams one, it’s safe to say they should be more worried than us. Ours is nowhere near as bad as theirs.

Superfurry72
30-10-2018, 04:46 PM

Without those players maybe it will be:

Bogdan

Mavrias/Whittaker
Porteous
Ambrose
Stevenson

Milligan
Mallan
Slivka
Horgan

Boyle

Kamberi

Bench from: Marciano, McGregor, Whittaker/Mavrias, Nelom, Bartley, Murray, Shaw, McLaren

Iain G
30-10-2018, 04:58 PM
Bogdan

Ambrose Porteous McGregor

Boyle Bartley Mallan Milligan Stevenson

MacLaren Flo

Let's keep it simple and have a right good go at them!

makaveli1875
30-10-2018, 05:05 PM
Hopefully mavrias comes in at right back and he doesn't mess about with ridiculous formations like the Celtic game

This

Hibee Mac
30-10-2018, 05:08 PM
Tbh Hyndman probably would have been ineffective in a derby.

The midfield has to have Milligan, Slivka and Mallan in it. Horgan has looked dangerous at the tip of the diamond the few times he's played there so far so I'd go with that.

SirDavidsNapper
30-10-2018, 05:13 PM
Awful news about SDG and Hanlon. Hopefully mind games.

3pm
30-10-2018, 05:18 PM

Ah right. Just thought it was Hertz who got injuries.

theonlywayisup
30-10-2018, 05:20 PM
Admins - any chance of merging this and the Team v Them thread, as both have people picking their team for Tiny