PDA

View Full Version : Tiny Tynie

Big_Franck
29-10-2018, 09:28 AM
We all know about Hearts' tiny stadium and tiny pitch, but does anyone know if they've sorted the issue with the farce of an entrance to the 4 turnstiles at the away end?

Or should we be expecting it to take us 25 minutes to get in to the ground again?

Hermit Crab
29-10-2018, 09:40 AM
We all know about Hearts' tiny stadium and tiny pitch, but does anyone know if they've sorted the issue with the farce of an entrance to the 4 turnstiles at the away end?

Or should we be expecting it to take us 25 minutes to get in to the ground again?

Theres 6 is there not?

Blaster
29-10-2018, 09:46 AM
Theres 6 is there not?

Yes I believe there is now an extra 2 so should make a reasonable difference

Diclonius
29-10-2018, 09:47 AM
After the horror stories I heard from some of the recent games I always make sure I turn up pretty much when the ground opens.

Cabbie1875
29-10-2018, 09:50 AM
As far as i know its still the same, i.e. a total shambles

Carheenlea
29-10-2018, 09:52 AM
The biggest complaints were of the claustrophobic pen where you awaited to enter one of the four turnstiles. Given that the four turnstiles are in one small block, two more added in to the side won’t cut the congestion by much but the waiting time should be slightly less.

hibbysam
29-10-2018, 10:56 AM
Yes I believe there is now an extra 2 so should make a reasonable difference

I’m sure there was always 6. It’s not the amount of turnstiles but the way I’m which your herded into the pen.

Frazerbob
29-10-2018, 11:14 AM
They’ve always had 6 however only 5 were in use at the first game. I walked past at the Scotland v England U21’s and it looked the same. Get there early folks!

Pretty Boy
29-10-2018, 11:24 AM
Have they added any lights? It was the total darkness rather than the crowd that bothered me last time. Not in a 'I'm scared of the dark' way but it would have been all too easy for someone to trip in the dark and that could really cause problems.

Big_Franck
29-10-2018, 12:00 PM
Have they added any lights? It was the total darkness rather than the crowd that bothered me last time. Not in a 'I'm scared of the dark' way but it would have been all too easy for someone to trip in the dark and that could really cause problems.

I thought the same the last time I was there. When everyone is herded together so tightly it just needs one person to trip over the pavement just as you approach the gates and it could cause chaos.

I'm sure the Police will have it all in hand on Wednesday though :rolleyes:

Blaster
29-10-2018, 12:40 PM
I’m sure there was always 6. It’s not the amount of turnstiles but the way I’m which your herded into the pen.

I thought I read they had added 2 extra turnstiles a few months back due to issues at the games involving us and Celtic. Not sure if it was from 4 to 6 or 6 to 8 but recall a thread on here about it at the time

BS44
29-10-2018, 12:49 PM
I'm in Gorgie at the moment, and seeing I'm a good guy I'll take a wander down McLeod St to have a look at how many turnstiles are there, and if they have shelled out on a couple of overhead lights too.

Winston Ingram
29-10-2018, 01:11 PM
I walked past it when I was at the u21 game last week. The away entrance is still a death trap.

Keith_M
29-10-2018, 01:14 PM
I walked past it when I was at the u21 game last week. The away entrance is still a death trap.

TBF, so is the Wheatfield entrance.

I honestly don't know how they get away with it.

HibbySpurs
29-10-2018, 10:24 PM

Reminds me of the Spurs v Yams game in the Europa league and that it was a bit embarrassing trying to get in with other spurs fans who were stunned that such a shambles of a ground could pass in top flight professional football.

Enjoyed the game very much though....

Itsnoteasy
29-10-2018, 11:28 PM
I'm in Gorgie at the moment, and seeing I'm a good guy I'll take a wander down McLeod St to have a look at how many turnstiles are there, and if they have shelled out on a couple of overhead lights too.

Well.
Where's the feedback or are you still looking for it?

BS44
30-10-2018, 05:48 AM
Well.
Where's the feedback or are you still looking for it?

Eight all together, six original and they've bolted another two large steel turnstiles onto the side of the turnstile building. Couldn't see any added lighting for supporters at the entrance, but there was some mobile lighting for the turf stored in the pen!