Sweet Left Peg
29-10-2018, 05:24 AM
Aul' Reekio?

0-1 Hibs

BILLYHIBS
29-10-2018, 05:29 AM
HIBS win

Even the bedwetters must be more confident than they were this time last week

I predict that by the end of the game the Hearts fans will be fighting amongst themselves again

Austinho
29-10-2018, 06:07 AM
I confidently predicted before the season that the trend would continue and we’d win both derbies at Easter Road and them winning both at Tynecastle.

I now think we’ll come away with at least a point.

The 90+2
29-10-2018, 09:02 AM
2-0 Hibs and I’m never confident.

cocteautwin
29-10-2018, 09:24 AM
0-0 even though they might have most of their core first teamers out injured.

Diclonius
29-10-2018, 09:43 AM
Prior to Sunday I was mentally preparing myself for certain defeat.

Now, after Hearts being given a reality check and potential injuries to key players, we may have an outside chance. We have a good team that can compete physically with them and are playing very well at the moment. However, the following issues still remain:

Sunday and Ibrox aside, they are playing better. They're 8 points ahead of us (though we have a game in hand).
In one and a half years at Tynecastle they have only lost once, to Celtic.
We haven't won there in 9 games and 5 years. McGinn, McGeouch and the rest of the cup winning team, for all their endeavor, couldn't win there.
Their stupidly narrow pitch will impair our usual wide play.
We still have issues with converting chances, and we get very few at Tynecastle. They are an extremely clinical side.
I've been to that ****ing ground 18 ****ing times and have only seen us win twice, so any degree of confidence I ever had has been gradually sapped out of me with every crushing defeat.

2-1 Hearts.

Springbank
29-10-2018, 09:45 AM
Think it'll be 1-1 going into the closing stages and a late winner for 2-1

Jamie Maclaren to net the winner...

Cabbie1875
29-10-2018, 09:55 AM
Lets be honest here, if we turn up we will do em!! And they will kick us off the park in the process!! No change there eh? I think we need an early goal and settle the nerves!!

2-0 us

NORTHERNHIBBY
29-10-2018, 10:41 AM
We have nothing to fear going to Tynie. Given the result at the weekend, I wonder if this morning Levein is thinking , we must make sure that we win on Wednesday or we must make sure that we don't lose?

H18 SFR
29-10-2018, 10:42 AM
I don't think hearts will be as an attacking threat as they would have say a fortnight ago.

In the simplest terms, we only need to score once to win in my opinion.

1-0 Hibs or 0-0.

Hibee87
29-10-2018, 11:29 AM
I don't think hearts will be as an attacking threat as they would have say a fortnight ago.

In the simplest terms, we only need to score once to win in my opinion.

1-0 Hibs or 0-0.

Not technically true. Ive seen us score before against them but still come away with a 0-0 draw :wink:

wookie70
29-10-2018, 11:40 AM
The ref will play a part. If he books early then that stops them stopping us with foul play and we will go on to win. That never seems to happen to us so I'll go for a 0-0 snore draw

G B Young
29-10-2018, 11:42 AM

Now, after Hearts being given a reality check and potential injuries to key players, we may have an outside chance. We have a good team that can compete physically with them and are playing very well at the moment. However, the following issues still remain:

Sunday and Ibrox aside, they are playing better. They're 8 points ahead of us (though we have a game in hand).
In almost 2 years at Tynecastle they have only lost once, to Celtic.
We haven't won there in 9 games and 5 years. McGinn, McGeouch and the rest of the cup winning team, for all their endeavor, couldn't win there.
We still have issues with converting chances, and we get very few at Tynecastle. They are an extremely clinical side.
I've been to that ****ing ground 18 ****ing times and have only seen us win twice, so any degree of confidence I ever had has been gradually sapped out of me with every crushing defeat.

2-1 Hearts.

In the last two years they've lost at Tynecastle to Aberdeen (twice), Celtic (twice) and Ross County in the league. They also lost to Dunfermline in the League Cup and after drawing 0-0 with Hibs in the Scottish Cup at home went on to lose the tie. Plus of course they should have lost the derby where Oli Shaw's goal was seen by everyone in the stadium bar the referee and his assistant.

Granted, however, Levein has built the type of side that has made them hard to beat in a stadium with such tight confines, so it's no gimme that we'll win. As I've said on another thread I'll pretty much always take a point at Tynecastle even though on our day we should be good enough to take all three.

Future17
29-10-2018, 11:45 AM
Not technically true. Ive seen us score before against them but still come away with a 0-0 draw :wink:

I've seen that happen twice.

neil7908
29-10-2018, 11:49 AM
1-1

The 90+2
29-10-2018, 12:30 PM
I've seen that happen twice.

The other was borderline criminal it was that much over the line! Had Leigh first goal and a Hibs win too! Utter rage.

Then there was the time we got a goal disallowed for nothing up our end at the pbs, defender, can’t remember his name?

AlanRuff
29-10-2018, 12:48 PM
Jordan Forster? Was given offside but he was well onside.

Diclonius
29-10-2018, 12:49 PM
The other was borderline criminal it was that much over the line! Had Leigh first goal and a Hibs win too! Utter rage.

Then there was the time we got a goal disallowed for nothing up our end at the pbs, defender, can’t remember his name?

Forster. Given as offside when he was nowhere near.

We lost 2-0 but that would have made it 1-1 and if we'd got another we'd have relegated them. The amount of decisions they get is criminal.

I guarantee when goal line technology is introduced in the top division we'll NEVER have a contentious goal-line issue again in a derby, and they'll get goals given that are literally 0.00000000001mm over the line.

Jamesie
29-10-2018, 12:50 PM
Got a real hunch that we'll be two up after half an hour. Not sure how it will go after that but if we don't hold that lead I'll be disappointed.

allezsauzee
29-10-2018, 12:52 PM

i think you'll find it has to hit the back of the net before it counts as a goal for Hibs ...that's derby rules

Waxy
29-10-2018, 12:53 PM
We’re due a win there and we’re well good enough.

NAE NOOKIE
29-10-2018, 12:54 PM

In almost 2 years at Tynecastle they have only lost once, to Celtic.

2-1 Hearts.

Can we? We have a midfield capable of playing good football if its allowed to, but I don't see much in the likes of Hyndman, Mallan or Slivka which suggests we could win the physical midfield battle which so often defines derby matches, especially at the Rust arena. Milligan will have a huge part to play in this game, if he can impose himself it will be a huge factor for us … practically every time we have done well there you can point to the contribution of Marvin Bartley .. if Milligan can do the same job with the added bonus of the fact that he is better in the ball than Marv our chances of a positive result improve markedly.

Of course the way to negate all of this is to get the ball wide quickly, but that's hard to do on a pitch that has no width. We could try to draw Hertz out, but the only way to do that is get the first goal, and that's the problem.

The 90+2
29-10-2018, 12:56 PM
Forster. Given as offside when he was nowhere near.

We lost 2-0 but that would have made it 1-1 and if we'd got another we'd have relegated them. The amount of decisions they get is criminal.

I guarantee when goal line technology is introduced in the top division we'll NEVER have a contentious goal-line issue again in a derby, and they'll get goals given that are literally 0.00000000001mm over the line.

Yeah Jordan I forgot him. And the other part I agree. They are that spawny it’s part of the reason I forget how much I hate they pricks.

The 90+2
29-10-2018, 12:56 PM
Jordan Forster? Was given offside but he was well onside.

👍

Spike Mandela
29-10-2018, 12:57 PM
Hibs are playing well this year, good team spirit and Lennon has had a good break to work with the players for this match.

We need a scalp to ignite this season a wee bit so it might as well be the league leaders on their home patch.

Get intae them Hibs.:flag:

norhfc
29-10-2018, 01:01 PM
Any news on Grays fitness, would feel a lot more confident if he plays, if Naismith is even 60/40 unfit...they will play him.

Keith_M
29-10-2018, 01:08 PM
I honestly don't think yesterday's games is a proper indicator of how good a team Hearts are. Celtc have really come onto their game in the last few weeks, as we learned to our cost, and I think any other Scottish side would have struggled yesterday.

Also the game is at Tynecastle, where they have a genuine home advantage. I'm not confident about this one, especially as we still have quite a few first picks missing.

Oh and can we please stop with the 'Bedwetter' nonsense. Realism is not bed-wetting.

Diclonius
29-10-2018, 01:08 PM
In the last two years they've lost at Tynecastle to Aberdeen (twice), Celtic (twice) and Ross County in the league. They also lost to Dunfermline in the League Cup and after drawing 0-0 with Hibs in the Scottish Cup at home went on to lose the tie. Plus of course they should have lost the derby where Oli Shaw's goal was seen by everyone in the stadium bar the referee and his assistant.

Granted, however, Levein has built the type of side that has made them hard to beat in a stadium with such tight confines, so it's no gimme that we'll win. As I've said on another thread I'll pretty much always take a point at Tynecastle even though on our day we should be good enough to take all three.

Oops - got my maths completely wrong. I meant one and a half years, the losses to Aberdeen/County game were long enough ago to be insignificant (i.e. when Cathro was in charge) and the Dunfermline game was a draw followed by a penalty loss (I don't count the recent LC QF against Aberdeen for the same reasons).

Shaw's goal if given would have completely changed the dynamic of the game, so it's no given to say we would have won - just that we would have been ahead. Whether they would have been able to respond, we don't know. I reckon if we take the lead early then we'll be well placed to win - it's just doing the ****ing thing that's the problem.

The 90+2
29-10-2018, 01:09 PM
Any news on Grays fitness, would feel a lot more confident if he plays, if Naismith is even 60/40 unfit...they will play him.

Gray trained today lightly. 50:50 for weds.

hibsbollah
29-10-2018, 01:16 PM
I honestly don't think yesterday's games is a proper indicator of how good a team Hearts are. Celtc have really come onto their game in the last few weeks, as we learned to our cost, and I think any other Scottish side would have struggled yesterday.

Also the game is at Tynecastle, where they have a genuine home advantage. I'm not confident about this one, especially as we still have quite a few first picks missing.

Oh and can we please stop with the 'Bedwetter' nonsense. Realism is not bed-wetting.

Come on now. That game yesterday was an embarassment to the nation. Hearts DID NOT EVEN TRY to win. They were just waiting on Celtic errors, of which there were plenty. Celtic were poor first half too, although in the second half they played like they did against us the previous week and destroyed the Famous.

Most scottish teams ive seen this season would have taken care of Hearts easily based on how they played yesterday.

IGRIGI
29-10-2018, 01:21 PM
Sorry to be a Debbie Downer but 2-0 Hearts.

I have a feeling they will drag us down to their level and frustration will get the better of us.

On the upside though we always do better I derbies when I'm pessimistic.

Greentinted
29-10-2018, 01:28 PM
If it’s solely a footballing contest - we win, comfortably at that, probably 3-0.
If we get dragged down to their level of ugly football - they win, probably 1-0.

Oscar T Grouch
29-10-2018, 01:46 PM
Think we will sneak this one 0-1

basehibby
29-10-2018, 03:33 PM
I've got a feeling we are going to hand their erses to them this time round - 3-1. Hoping this is a feeling of prescience rather than wide eyed optimism :pray:

My thinking is they are coming off the back of a dispiriting skelping, have lost a number of key players to injury and so will have to reshuffle the pack. Against that they face a buoyant Hibs side who have had an extra week to heal the bruises and will be champing at the bit to get in about them.

Halmyre Hibee
29-10-2018, 04:23 PM
Play as we did 2nd half v Celtic and we should win this.

SteveHFC
29-10-2018, 04:40 PM
4-0 Hibs

Jones28
29-10-2018, 05:05 PM
Lets be honest here, if we turn up we will do em!! And they will kick us off the park in the process!! No change there eh? I think we need an early goal and settle the nerves!!

2-0 us

How often do we say that and often does it actually happen?!

Ronniekirk
29-10-2018, 05:07 PM
Our record Their is so bad, and their Home record in recent times so good you would think the best we can do is get a Draw at most
But Lennon knows he got Team wrong last time out there and knows we didn't play
I think with their injuries he will make sure he picks the right team , get his tactics including Dubs right and ensure the team are mentally prepared for this one And if it's stinging make sure they have right stuffs on
For me it's time we changed our record thier and so am going for s Hibs win , all be it a Hard Fought win with Milligan driving us forward it also leading by example and roughing it out with them
Oh and we need to keep 12 Men on the Park
A tentive David Grsy will just get injured again so wouldn't risk him But if fit I would of backed him to score

Onion
29-10-2018, 05:16 PM

Agreed, but that ain't gonna happen. We were 2 down at Celtic with nothing to lose and able to play with freedom. The Derby match will be very nervy. Based on league points, Hibs can't really afford to lose it, Hearts can. And that's before the normal derby pressure.

Expect the usual tight battle with the odd goal difference.

BILLYHIBS
29-10-2018, 05:43 PM

Ha Ha! Last week there were posters on here saying” let’s hand the title to Hearts now “ that to me is not being realistic that is bed wetting as we all know Celtic will win the League (fact) after all as I said to the poster at the time it is only Hearts we are playing not Juventus even if the worst should happen on Wednesday there is still a lot of fitba to be played please also remember Celtic were missing half their first team on Sunday and breezed past a poor Hearts team once Celtic scored their first goal Potter had no Plan B. Game over.
Keep the faith!

PeeJay
29-10-2018, 05:48 PM
Hearts are top of the league for a reason, it would be silly to think we can this game just because they were beaten by the same team that beat us the week before!

It's a derby at Tynie - as ever - it could go either way, however, we need to seriously shape up in terms of defence and take the chances we will get up front instead of squandering them, plus we need to all turn up on the day and give more than 100%, ... think a draw is most likely ...

Wilson
29-10-2018, 06:10 PM

What if Lennon does his usual. Over thinks it. Over coaches the team. And then corrects his own errors half way through the game. That's what I'm going for.

I'd take a draw.

IGRIGI
29-10-2018, 06:15 PM
What if Lennon does his usual. Over thinks it. Over coaches the team. And then corrects his own errors half way through the game. That's what I'm going for.

That's my concern too, I hope we don't see a starting line up that has us all scratching our heads trying to work out the formation.

Juice-Terry
29-10-2018, 06:20 PM
3-0 and Mallan to score first. Mortgage on it.

Wee Effen Bee
29-10-2018, 09:14 PM

I'd take a draw.

Sorry, I’m not wishing for a debate but, does his “...usual?” So he usually gets it wrong? Someone better check the stats to see how we are actually doing if he usually gets team selections/tactics wrong. I wonder if you can actually over-think and/or over-coach! What does that actually even mean? Maybe he just tries out ideas which may or not come off.. What amazes me is that everyone and their dug can tell Lennon who to pick and how to play cause they played FIFA once. I’m aware that average amateurs can score wonder goals or armchair managers can make a good tactical call once or twice but try doing it week in week out on a professional level. A wee bit different. Sounds like a rant but it’s something that irks me on fitba forums - not just .net.

Stuart93
29-10-2018, 09:23 PM
Sorry, I’m not wishing for a debate but, does his “...usual?” So he usually gets it wrong? Someone better check the stats to see how we are actually doing if he usually gets team selections/tactics wrong. I wonder if you can actually over-think and/or over-coach! What does that actually even mean? Maybe he just tries out ideas which may or not come off.. What amazes me is that everyone and their dug can tell Lennon who to pick and how to play cause they played FIFA once. I’m aware that average amateurs can score wonder goals or armchair managers can make a good tactical call once or twice but try doing it week in week out on a professional level. A wee bit different. Sounds like a rant but it’s something that irks me on fitba forums - not just .net.

Sorry but horgan lwb and slivka rwb certainly had many of us scratching our heads as to why and it never worked out vs Celtic.

Like some say it depends on the team lennon puts out.

I’m hoping he keeps it simple with little or no surprises.

Libby Hibby
29-10-2018, 09:36 PM

Lennon does over think the big games...

• No Holt v Aberdeen in SC semi
• Playing SDG v Celtic in LC semi
• No McLaren in last derby at Tynecastle
• 3 at back v Celtic last game

He continually tries to change personnel or formation or both in the big games.

Keep it simple and we will more than compete with them.

One Day Soon
29-10-2018, 09:48 PM
This one's a lottery. We could slaughter them, it could be nil-nil or they could win 2-0.

No honours for them this season though. And they'll weaken from here on in.

Blocks Biloxi
29-10-2018, 10:05 PM
Lennon does over think the big games...

• No Holt v Aberdeen in SC semi
• Playing SDG v Celtic in LC semi
• No McLaren in last derby at Tynecastle
• 3 at back v Celtic last game

He continually tries to change personnel or formation or both in the big games.

Keep it simple and we will more than compete with them.

I'd add the first-half tactics for the Asteras Tripolis home game to that too.

It's a wee bit churlish to criticise him for it, as he's been brilliant for us, but there undoubtedly have been some odd calls.

Borderhibbie76
29-10-2018, 10:09 PM
That's my concern too, I hope we don't see a starting line up that has us all scratching our heads trying to work out the formation.I will literally be fuming if Lennon cocks this up...he done it 3 times there last season and needs to learn from it. If we get beat fair and square so be it...but if it's a lenny starting 11 f%%% up I will be fuming.

The worst one was last May when he dropped Maclaren and played Flo and Barker up front...

Play to our strengths and take the game to them...small pitch or not

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Libby Hibby
29-10-2018, 10:31 PM
I will literally be fuming if Lennon cocks this up...he done it 3 times there last season and needs to learn from it. If we get beat fair and square so be it...but if it's a lenny starting 11 f%%% up I will be fuming.

The worst one was last May when he dropped Maclaren and played Flo and Barker up front...

Correct.

4-4-2 and go for it.

Bogdan

Efe, McGregor, Porto, Stevenson

Boyle, Milligan, Mallan, Horgan

McLaren, Kamberi

Hibernian Verse
29-10-2018, 10:42 PM
Correct.

4-4-2 and go for it.

Bogdan

McLaren, KamberiThat's the team right there

Borderhibbie76
29-10-2018, 10:46 PM
That's the team unless Hanlon and SDG make it...
Correct.

4-4-2 and go for it.

Bogdan

McLaren, Kamberi

BILLYHIBS
30-10-2018, 07:31 AM
I will literally be fuming if Lennon cocks this up...he done it 3 times there last season and needs to learn from it. If we get beat fair and square so be it...but if it's a lenny starting 11 f%%% up I will be fuming.

That was a shocker had me shouting at ma telly a real head scratcher. To make matters worse the TV camera kept panning to Jamie MAC kicking his heels on the bench. Don’t over cook it Neil :confused:

hibsbollah
30-10-2018, 08:34 AM

:top marksCompletely agree with this.

People who talk about Lennon 'over thinking' dont consider that 1. There are things that are happening in training that we dont see. 2. There are things happening with players' fitness and form that we don't see. 3. Lennon watches a lot more VT of his opponents than anyone one here (and if Slivka playing at wingback capitalises on a weakness of an opponent, then it makes sense to do it).

A tactical mistake is only a tactical mistake in hindsight when we lose. Sometimes its not even apparent whether or not the tactic failed or succeeded because there are so many other uncontrollable elements to a football match.

The formation (442) and the personnel people are asking for above look likely to be outmuscled in midfield if you ask me. And Maclaren might not even be ready for a full 90, particularly as that boy from Burnley will probably be dragging his studs down his calf 90 seconds in.

BILLYHIBS
30-10-2018, 08:48 AM
Lenny needs to get it right first time this time.

Don’t really care how he gets there tbh.

No excuses.

We have had a decent break had a chance to rest our aching limbs and niggling injuries and we all know Hearts will be up for the challenge and are no pushovers at Tiny.

No pressure then :greengrin

Cmon the cabbage !

SirDavidsNapper
30-10-2018, 08:56 AM
Hearts record there is phenomenal. They beat everyone there usually not just us. Celtic struggled to break Hearts down on a big park at Murrayfield until a penalty and a goalkeeping howler. If they score first we'll be lucky to get anything. They'll kick, hoof and close down what little space there is. We know the usual script. Hibs getting the first goal is massive.

JimBHibees
30-10-2018, 10:31 AM
:top marksCompletely agree with this.

People who talk about Lennon 'over thinking' dont consider that 1. There are things that are happening in training that we dont see. 2. There are things happening with players' fitness and form that we don't see. 3. Lennon watches a lot more VT of his opponents than anyone one here (and if Slivka playing at wingback capitalises on a weakness of an opponent, then it makes sense to do it).

A tactical mistake is only a tactical mistake in hindsight when we lose. Sometimes its not even apparent whether or not the tactic failed or succeeded because there are so many other uncontrollable elements to a football match.

The formation (442) and the personnel people are asking for above look likely to be outmuscled in midfield if you ask me. And Maclaren might not even be ready for a full 90, particularly as that boy from Burnley will probably be dragging his studs down his calf 90 seconds in.

Totally agree it is a different game due to the size of the pitch and the style of play. It will be a battle as it always is, not sure I agree at all that he got anything wrong at tynecastle last season they were all tight games 2 or which swung on a poorly defended set piece and individual mistakes for goals while the draw we actually scored a valid goal, absolutely nothing to do with the system or formation.

BILLYHIBS
30-10-2018, 10:38 AM
My memory might be playing tricks on me but the last Derby at Tiny was a must win for second place Lenny lined us up wrong picked the wrong team we got beat and Lenny went into meltdown. Not a lot wrong there then! 🤔

JimBHibees
30-10-2018, 10:40 AM
My memory might be playing tricks on me but the last Derby at Tiny was a must win for second place Lenny lined us up wrong picked the wrong team we got beat and Lenny went into meltdown. Not a lot there then! 🤔

That will be the game we gifted them a first goal and when back in the game defended a free kick poorly to concede again.

Not In The Know
30-10-2018, 10:41 AM
Hearts record there is phenomenal. They beat everyone there usually not just us. Celtic struggled to break Hearts down on a big park at Murrayfield until a penalty and a goalkeeping howler. If they score first we'll be lucky to get anything. They'll kick, hoof and close down what little space there is. We know the usual script. Hibs getting the first goal is massive.

Our home record is better.

BILLYHIBS
30-10-2018, 10:45 AM
That will be the game we gifted them a first goal and when back in the game defended a free kick poorly to concede again.
Still a defeat in a must win game.

All I am asking for is three miserable points that’s all not too much to wish for.

Let’s do this HIBS

Northernhibee
30-10-2018, 10:49 AM
Stevie Mallan is the difference if they kick and hoof this time.

JimBHibees
30-10-2018, 10:55 AM
Still a defeat in a must win game.

All I am asking for is three miserable points that’s all not too much to wish for.

Let’s do this HIBS

Yep point was that little to do with selection or shape.

Diclonius
30-10-2018, 11:19 AM
Stevie Mallan is the difference if they kick and hoof this time.

If we are going to score I reckon our best chance is a Mallan free kick.

Springbank
30-10-2018, 01:09 PM
If we are going to score I reckon our best chance is a Mallan free kick.

Two ways this will happen

(1) Direct free kick
Easy tactic: Hearts weak link is left back defensively. When Milligan wins the ball in midfield, quick shuttle of the ball to Mallan, long diagonal into Right Wing where Boyle is already on his bike...draws the foul and the free kick etc

(2) Mallan freekick/corner onto Porteous's napper...

Looking forward to this game

BILLYHIBS
30-10-2018, 01:11 PM
Yep point was that little to do with selection or shape.
Had everything to do with selection and shape
Wrong selection
Wrong formation
Wrong tactics
We lost
Deal with it
Jamie Mac should have started
Lost count of the amount of times Barker and Boyle right through and did not look up to pick up a HIBS jersey
As I said Lenny went into meltdown not surprised

JimBHibees
30-10-2018, 01:13 PM
Had everything to do with selection and shape
Wrong selection
Wrong formation
Wrong tactics
We lost
Deal with it
Jamie Mac should have started
Lost count of the amount of times Barker and Boyle right through and did not look up to pick up a HIBS jersey
As I said Lenny went into meltdown not surprised

You do realise that is your opinion not fact.

BILLYHIBS
30-10-2018, 01:25 PM
The fact we lost IS A FACT!
Regardless of yours or my opinion ain’t nothing gonna change that.
We dust ourselves down and go again
Let’s hope we get it right from the start this time
Fingers crossed
GGTTH

Springbank
30-10-2018, 01:27 PM

He is not alone in having that opinion.

Nevertheless, the hope is that a winner [like Neil Lennon is] will not want to feel that sense of defeat again there.

Play to our strengths, and that means Milligan in centre mid, it means get Slivka on the bench at best, it means picking boys who will give the lot for the jersey

I'd agree with
Bogdan
Gray Porteous Efe Stevenson
Boyle Milligan Mallan Horgan
Kamberi with either McLaren or Hyndman

Target Mitchell, all night long.
Play long diagonals, blind if need be, into the right wing area for Boyle to terrorise the weakest of weak links.
Be merciless.
And no over-thinking of the line up this time.

The 90+2
30-10-2018, 01:28 PM
He is not alone in having that opinion.

Nevertheless, the hope is that a winner [like Neil Lennon is] will not want to feel that sense of defeat again there.

Play to our strengths, and that means Milligan in centre mid, it means get Slivka on the bench at best, it means picking boys who will give the lot for the jersey

I'd agree with
Bogdan
Gray Porteous Efe Stevenson
Boyle Milligan Mallan Horgan
Kamberi with either McLaren or Hyndman

Target Mitchell, all night long.
Play long diagonals, blind if need be, into the right wing area for Boyle to terrorise the weakest of weak links.
Be merciless.
And no over-thinking of the line up this time.

You would drop Hanlon?

The 90+2
30-10-2018, 01:29 PM

My opinion too. The shape and selection was shocking that night and Flo was isolated.

Hibee87
30-10-2018, 01:37 PM
You would drop Hanlon?

Injured still is he not :confused:

Hibee87
30-10-2018, 01:41 PM

He did get it wrong though, and if anyone cared enough to go back to the threads about that game im pretty sure most people all said the same.

We were on the back of a winning/unbeaten run where we played near enough the same team and formation. All of a sudden we dropped Mclaren and changed the shape we were playing and winning with and we lost.

JimBHibees
30-10-2018, 02:06 PM
My opinion too. The shape and selection was shocking that night and Flo was isolated.

Never know if he had played the same team in the previous game that we would have done any better. Two individual mistakes killed us.

JimBHibees
30-10-2018, 02:08 PM
He did get it wrong though, and if anyone cared enough to go back to the threads about that game im pretty sure most people all said the same.

We were on the back of a winning/unbeaten run where we played near enough the same team and formation. All of a sudden we dropped Mclaren and changed the shape we were playing and winning with and we lost.

Doesnt mean we would have won anyway.

BILLYHIBS
30-10-2018, 02:15 PM
Played MacLaren the following week who displayed his predatory instincts by scoring a hatrick against Der Hun launching the aeroplane celebration depression lifted 😁👍🏾⚽️🇳🇬🏆

Smartie
30-10-2018, 02:21 PM
I agree that Lennon got it wrong at Tynecastle - but only with hindsight.

Dropping McLaren for that game was the biggest mistake, and possibly an overreaction to him being a bit wasteful against Aberdeen.

I didn't disagree with the team he picked at the time, and I understand his reasons for doing so.

Hibee87
30-10-2018, 02:31 PM
Doesnt mean we would have won anyway.

Didn't say it would, but my opinion is (and pretty much everyone else except yours) is Lennon got the team and tactics wrong that game by changing a winning team.
We can never know IF that team would have won, and im not really sure what point your trying to make by replying to everyone who thinks Lennon got it wrong :confused: You obviously think the team and tactics that night were the correct ones. The majority of us don't. I guess we leave it at that.

JimBHibees
30-10-2018, 02:35 PM
Didn't say it would, but my opinion is (and pretty much everyone else except yours) is Lennon got the team and tactics wrong that game by changing a winning team.
We can never know IF that team would have won, and im not really sure what point your trying to make by replying to everyone who thinks Lennon got it wrong :confused: You obviously think the team and tactics that night were the correct ones. The majority of us don't. I guess we leave it at that.

My point is that just because we lost doesnt mean the set up was wrong way too easy to say that just because we lost the manager got it wrong. Sometimes it just goes that way.

Hibs4185
30-10-2018, 02:38 PM
I am no expert but hearts only having McLean fit I’d be tempted to go 3-5-2

Bogdan
Efe Hanlon porteous
Milligan
Stevenson mallan Boyle
Horgan
Mclaren(if fit) Kamberi

Diamond in midfield with Milligan sitting. Horgan is a lot more effective in the middle than wide I think. No SDG but it’s almost impossible to fit everyone in. This is one of the strongest squads I’ve seen at hibs.

The 90+2
30-10-2018, 02:50 PM
Injured still is he not :confused:

Trained today apparently.

bigwheel
30-10-2018, 02:56 PM
Trained today apparently.

A fit Hanlon would be a real boost ...

Not In The Know
30-10-2018, 03:15 PM
hearts are really week down their right side (our left) we should target the full back. if he doesn't get injured making dinner tonight!

HibeeHibernian4
30-10-2018, 03:42 PM
My memory might be playing tricks on me but the last Derby at Tiny was a must win for second place Lenny lined us up wrong picked the wrong team we got beat and Lenny went into meltdown. Not a lot wrong there then! 🤔

No, it was a must draw. Although in the end Aberdeen beating Celtic at Parkhead on the final day would've stopped us getting 2nd.

Had we drawn with Hearts, then beaten Rangers while Celtic beat Aberdeen, we'd have finished second. Lennon then, infuriatingly, after the game said he didn't even realise we only had to draw that night. That was one of the only points in his time here that I've been fuming at him, shambolic and amateur didn't begin to cover it.

BILLYHIBS
30-10-2018, 03:58 PM
No, it was a must draw. Although in the end Aberdeen beating Celtic at Parkhead on the final day would've stopped us getting 2nd.

Had we drawn with Hearts, then beaten Rangers while Celtic beat Aberdeen, we'd have finished second. Lennon then, infuriatingly, after the game said he didn't even realise we only had to draw that night. That was one of the only points in his time here that I've been fuming at him, shambolic and amateur didn't begin to cover it.

Just watched the highlights and the commentators opening gambit was “HIBS cannot afford to lose this match!”

Shambolic said it at the time but apart from Jamie Mac the game was crying out for Marvin Bartley

In fairness Kyle Laughertys toepoke was some finish

No point dwelling in the past

Bring it on!

RossScott1991
30-10-2018, 03:59 PM
Bogdan

Ambrose Mcgregor Porteous

Boyle Stevenson

Milligan

Slivka Mallan Horgan

Kamberi

3.5.2 boyle lewy wingbacks. Slivka in for Hyndmann. Go with this if SDG is out.

2nd half change if not winning move Efe to RB and take Slivka off for Maclaren

Diclonius
30-10-2018, 04:01 PM
Just watched the highlights and the commentators opening gambit was “HIBS cannot afford to lose this match!”

Shambolic said it at the time but apart from Jamie Mac the game was crying out for Marvin Bartley

In fairness Kyle Laughertys toepoke was some finish

No point dwelling in the past

Bring it on!

Was it? I just remember him capitalising on Stevenson pissing about in the box before slotting a fairly easy finish, before I sat down and covered my eyes as the all-too-familiar cheering of death echoed around me.

Maybe that's just me. :boo hoo:

BILLYHIBS
30-10-2018, 04:14 PM
Was it? I just remember him capitalising on Stevenson pissing about in the box before slotting a fairly easy finish, beofre I sat down and covered my eyes as the all-too-familiar cheering of death echoed around me.

Maybe that's just me. :boo hoo:

I took my son to his first Ne Er Derby at ER back in the nineties. I could see Leighton going down in instalments. My son asked me what the strange noise was I said Hearts have just scored!

Luckily Michael ONeill and Kevin Harper helped to restore the natural order in the second half.

Yes you are correct it was a gift and Laugherty improvised well hitting it as early as he could giving Rocky no chance.

JimBHibees
30-10-2018, 04:16 PM

Definitely would be.

Dashing Bob S
30-10-2018, 06:24 PM

Only problem is Hanlon usually takes a couple of games to play himself back in after injury. Might not be the time.

bigwheel
30-10-2018, 06:34 PM
Only problem is Hanlon usually takes a couple of games to play himself back in after injury. Might not be the time.

yeah..thats fair...I'm hoping that the derby motivation would pull him through it...