PDA

View Full Version : Pogba type penalties

Hibbyradge
28-10-2018, 11:11 PM
Geez peace.

Just run up and hit it, ffs.

DetroitHibs
29-10-2018, 01:30 AM
If I was the manager of a team, that ***** wouldn't be allowed.

hibbymac
29-10-2018, 04:31 AM
:agree:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bi_2lB4ZgiU

CallumLaidlaw
29-10-2018, 06:54 AM
Whilst Pogba is clearly a footballer with ability, he is literally everything I hate about Modern football. Spoilt rich kid that cares more about how he looks and his overall image.

He would be a much better player if he put the same effort into his football as he did his image/celebrations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fergos
29-10-2018, 07:39 AM
Whilst Pogba is clearly a footballer with ability, he is literally everything I hate about Modern football. Spoilt rich kid that cares more about how he looks and his overall image.

He would be a much better player if he put the same effort into his football as he did his image/celebrations.

Totally agree, he has ability but never dominates a game from start to finish. Flits in and out of a game which is typical of a modern day big name, top players in years gone by could take a game and change it by dictating the play.

One of his many earrings would probably pay off my mortgage......hope I find the one he lost!

GGTTH

Smartie
29-10-2018, 07:58 AM
I thought the Celtic penalty was bordering being dodgy yesterday.

When does the wee "stumble and pause" become "trickery"?

The keeper had certainly sold himself by the time Sinclair knocked it in the other corner.

StevieC
29-10-2018, 08:37 AM
Did the keeper get a touch to Pogba's penalty? If. It it shouldn't have counted

CallumLaidlaw
29-10-2018, 08:38 AM

?? He saved it.

HH81
29-10-2018, 08:44 AM
?? He saved it.

The first time I watched it looked like it hit post. There is an angle online which looks like it.

StevieC
29-10-2018, 08:44 AM
?? He saved it.

Just watched the goals on Sky app and you're right. From the clip above looks like it comes back off the post. Would also say that it was not a penalty, defender got a foot to the ball.

SuperAllyMcleod
29-10-2018, 08:45 AM
I thought the Celtic penalty was bordering being dodgy yesterday.

When does the wee "stumble and pause" become "trickery"?

The keeper had certainly sold himself by the time Sinclair knocked it in the other corner.

I have said this for ages - players can do all sorts to get an advantage over the keeper and it's time it changed.

I would allow the keepers to move off their lines as soon as the taker starts his run up - that would take the stumble and pause right out the game.

And as for Pogba, the keeper would probably beat him to the ball.

Hibbyradge
29-10-2018, 10:08 AM

Why shouldn't it have counted, Steve?

lapsedhibee
29-10-2018, 10:14 AM
Why shouldn't it have counted, Steve?

He thought it came back off the post and Pogba kicked it twice.

Hibbyradge
29-10-2018, 10:33 AM

Thanks.

I read his post wrongly.

Pretty Boy
29-10-2018, 10:35 AM

Worse still is he also has the ability to motivate and get the best from others as well. His leadership during the WC proved that. It's like he just can't be bothered a lot of the time and that's a million times worse than just being crap.

Smartie
29-10-2018, 10:42 AM
Worse still is he also has the ability to motivate and get the best from others as well. His leadership during the WC proved that. It's like he just can't be bothered a lot of the time and that's a million times worse than just being crap.

He's a complex character, and I think he's just a bit high maintenance.

I remember hearing a while back that you get 2 types of character - dandelions and orchids. Dandelions can thrive anywhere whereas orchids need a particular set of condition in order to thrive. Pogba strikes me as a bit of an orchid - if you can get his surroundings right then he is a fantastic asset, if you expect him to behave the same as everyone else under the same conditions then you're wasting your time.

I don't think Mourinho and Pogba are a good match, and Pogba is exactly the type of player that would show they are world class as soon as the manager changed.

Rocky
29-10-2018, 10:44 AM

Is that not allowed? You learn something new every day!

So if keeper didn't save it and it just came back straight off the post is the penalty taker not allowed to bury the rebound? But his team mates are?

Diclonius
29-10-2018, 10:48 AM
He should be fined for that.

Hibbyradge
29-10-2018, 10:49 AM

So if keeper didn't save it and it just came back straight off the post is the penalty taker not allowed to bury the rebound? But his team mates are?

That's right.

It's a direct free kick.

hibbysam
29-10-2018, 10:55 AM

Yes, because no other player has touched it he would be essentially passing it to himself, which isn’t allowed.

NAE NOOKIE
29-10-2018, 11:51 AM
Time all that pish was eliminated from the game. A free go at scoring from 12 yards is a pretty nifty reward for a foul against your team as it is, IMO the penalty taker shouldn't be allowed to try and fool the keeper with stuttering run ups or a Pogba style run up.

In walking football you are allowed to take one step back from the ball and that constitutes the extent of your 'run' up. The big game should have a similar criteria …. allow the taker the distance between the 18 yard line and the spot for his run up within which he must take what the ref considers to be a 'normal' run to the ball … no baby steps, no stuttering run up.

It should be a competition between the takers ability to hit the ball well and the keepers ability to save it …. not between the taker and how good he is at fooling the keeper into making a move before he has even kicked the ball.

Hibbyradge
29-10-2018, 11:53 AM
Time all that pish was eliminated from the game. A free go at scoring from 12 yards is a pretty nifty reward for a foul against your team as it is, IMO the penalty taker shouldn't be allowed to try and fool the keeper with stuttering run ups or a Pogba style run up.

In walking football you are allowed to take one step back from the ball and that constitutes the extent of your 'run' up. The big game should have a similar criteria …. allow the taker the distance between the 18 yard line and the spot for his run up within which he must take what the ref considers to be a 'normal' run to the ball … no baby steps, no stuttering run up.

It should be a competition between the takers ability to hit the ball well and the keepers ability to save it …. not between the taker and how good he is at fooling the keeper into making a move before he has even kicked the ball.

The keeper is allowed to try to put the kicker off though.

29-10-2018, 02:41 PM
Nearly 10 seconds of a run up. Wish players would stop showing off at penalties and just get the job done. He was luck to get the rebound but I can see a lot of Man Utd fans being very angry if he hadn't got that.

A bit like Cummings penalty in the Dundee Utd semi-final. Pure and simple "look at me! look at me!", trying to be clever and show off on the big stage. Thankfully it all ended well but it was still a very selfish thing to do especially at 0-0. Could maybe understand showboating and trying something a bit different if we were 4-0 up and cruising but 0-0 in a SC semi-final was absolutely wrong, just get the ball down, pick your corner and do what you know works.