Even bigger joke

So, excuse my ignorance, why is that?

Very good question, makes no sense.

Ozyhibby
30-10-2018, 03:50 PM
Didn’t appreciate that!

Even bigger joke

So, excuse my ignorance, why is that?

They have 48 hours to decide whether to appeal or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Biggie
30-10-2018, 03:54 PM
I'm sure as a responsible organisation, they will appreciate how this act is perceived and decide not to appeal....and fine the player

CropleyWasGod
30-10-2018, 03:55 PM
They have 48 hours to decide whether to appeal or not.

Presumably, if they "accept" it tomorrow, he misses the game.

Like that's gonny happen. :greengrin

CapitalGreen
30-10-2018, 03:59 PM
Ban won't kick in until after the derby so he'll be playing tomorrow night, time to bring out of the old 'Beast' chant.

PatHead
30-10-2018, 04:04 PM
Should shout handball every time he goes near a Hibs player.

Northernhibee
30-10-2018, 04:26 PM
TBf didn’t Marvin have a “moment” with a Dundee player last year?

Deansy
30-10-2018, 05:02 PM
If it gets much dirtier than poking fingers up bums and the cupping of bollox then we are in for some homo-erotic action.
Throw in Halloween I reckon we have a movie. Just don’t Google BBC for it.

:greengrin

staunchhibby
30-10-2018, 05:20 PM
What 2 match ban for handling the ball lol

Billy Whizz
30-10-2018, 05:27 PM
What 2 match ban for handling the ball lol

Wonder how he’s going to explain that to the Lady Complainvr officer

Also says on here, McLean says he’s been doing this for years

https://stv.tv/sport/football/1432363-steven-maclean-charged-by-scottish-fa-over-kouassi-grab/

gringojoe
30-10-2018, 05:38 PM
Sexual assault, jail the beast.

My_Wife_Camille
30-10-2018, 06:03 PM
It's not sexual harrassment though it's gamesmanship - he was trying to put him off his game not angling for a spot of nookie
Another dinosaur. Deary me.

Educate yourself.

G B Young
30-10-2018, 06:03 PM
They’ll appeal, same as they did for Naismith before the final derby last season

Sadly they’re perfectly within their rights to do so but it makes a mockery of the banning and suspension rules

On what grounds could they launch an appeal? According to the new legislation "an act directed towards the private parts of a player on the field is now being considered an act of 'brutality' and is deemed violent conduct."

Footage of the incident makes the offence clear as day so I can't see what possible defence Hearts could have.

heretoday
30-10-2018, 06:11 PM
An appalling assault by McLean. Quite rare in this day and age too which makes him a bit of a pervert to be honest.

huggie1875
30-10-2018, 06:15 PM
Last time we did that there was December 1999 (Millenium derby). 18 years, 35 games ago. Highly unlikely.

over due then:wink:

SRHibs
30-10-2018, 06:27 PM
When McLean does it he’s a disgusting pervert and it’s “sexual assault” but it’s top bants when Bartley shoves his hand up someone’s arse. 😂

My_Wife_Camille
30-10-2018, 06:30 PM
When McLean does it he’s a disgusting pervert and it’s “sexual assault” but it’s top bants when Bartley shoves his hand up someone’s arse. 😂
That was self defence imo

McD
30-10-2018, 06:40 PM
It's "just a laugh" though. Levien's players using Levien's vocabulary.

I’m sure he’ll see it as ‘just a laugh’ when a defender goes through him from behind, or takes him out round the knee

Hibby70
30-10-2018, 06:43 PM
An appalling assault by McLean. Quite rare in this day and age too which makes him a bit of a pervert to be honest.

If you did that to a stranger in the street would you not be charged and possibly put on the sex offenders list?

Carheenlea
30-10-2018, 07:40 PM
If you did that to a stranger in the street would you not be charged and possibly put on the sex offenders list?

It’s already been pointed out on here somewhere - if you lunge in on a passer by on the street with a both feet off the ground you’d get your collar felt, but on a football pitch it’s a two match ban. I think there has been some major over reaction to this incident.

bingo70
30-10-2018, 07:51 PM

Cmon......he fingered him at most, No way was that a full fist.

In all seriousness though, you’re not the first person to bring up the comparison, Why would we, as hibs fans be jumping up and down protesting and arguing the case for one of our own players to be suspended?

If he had been punished I don’t think we would have had many justifiable complaints, wouldn’t stop us from complaining though, that’s just how it works.

BoomtownHibees
30-10-2018, 07:58 PM
It’s already been pointed out on here somewhere - if you lunge in on a passer by on the street with a both feet off the ground you’d get your collar felt, but on a football pitch it’s a two match ban. I think there has been some major over reaction to this incident.

More comparable would be Big Dunc getting jailed for assault on the pitch no? Big difference between an attempt at a tackle versus what has happened here

Hibbyradge
30-10-2018, 08:00 PM
https://goo.gl/images/RahmMM

My_Wife_Camille
30-10-2018, 08:00 PM
More comparable would be Big Dunc getting jailed for assault on the pitch no? Big difference between an attempt at a tackle versus what has happened here
:top marks

Carheenlea
30-10-2018, 08:08 PM

I think Ferguson was on probation at the time with a string of convictions for assault and what not which made the case a bit different, but I hear what you’re saying. I’d still say headbutting someone is a bit more serious than a dunt to the baws.

Hibees1973
30-10-2018, 09:07 PM
Hearts have ‘Save the Children’ across their jerseys. MacLean while wearing the captains armband behaves like this. Maybe Hearts should change their jersey to say ‘Stop having Children’. Anne Budge does seem an honourable person but she has given the Hearts players a high expectation to live up to by having this on their jersey. Obviously MacLean does not match these expectations. Should never be made captain again.

Hermit Crab
30-10-2018, 09:56 PM
Hearts have ‘Save the Children’ across their jerseys. MacLean while wearing the captains armband behaves like this. Maybe Hearts should change their jersey to say ‘Stop having Children’. Anne Budge does seem an honourable person but she has given the Hearts players a high expectation to live up to by having this on their jersey. Obviously MacLean does not match these expectations. Should never be made captain again.

Ridiculous comment mate. It was a game of football, thats it. Our Marv done something similar remember...

ian cruise
30-10-2018, 10:17 PM
On what grounds could they launch an appeal? According to the new legislation "an act directed towards the private parts of a player on the field is now being considered an act of 'brutality' and is deemed violent conduct."

Footage of the incident makes the offence clear as day so I can't see what possible defence Hearts could have.

I can't see how they could appeal as Levein is on record confirming the player did it and had been doing so for years before it was deemed a cardable offence. If they do so after that I hope a massive extention is given for time wasting and playing the system.

Kato
31-10-2018, 12:19 AM
I can't see how they could appeal as Levein is on record confirming the player did it and had been doing so for years before it was deemed a cardable offence. If they do so after that I hope a massive extention is given for time wasting and playing the system.

When was it not a cardable offence?

monktonharp
31-10-2018, 12:52 AM
He's a rat but he's not pish.

If you think he is then in my opinion you've not got a very good understanding of the game.outwith my understanding of the game, he's a rodent.cant be denied, not even from you

monktonharp
31-10-2018, 01:07 AM
I am not a Naismith fan but he has been their best player this season and would/could cause us issues.

If he is indeed missing tomorrow evening then that is one less goal threat to worry about.

I am however cautious and it would be silly to totally right them off given our record at Tiny!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkwe know you are not a NAISMITH FAN. that's a given. he Isnae playing, that's defo.he Could have caused us issues but he no longer can. he is indeed missing tomorrow. I agree, its a derby. anything can happen, it' s there home patch and they will fight . we will make a fist of it though, because our manager is the kind that wont lie down and make things easy for them. All to play for, and we will be up for it

SRHibs
31-10-2018, 01:09 AM
Cmon......he fingered him at most, No way was that a full fist.

In all seriousness though, you’re not the first person to bring up the comparison, Why would we, as hibs fans be jumping up and down protesting and arguing the case for one of our own players to be suspended?

If he had been punished I don’t think we would have had many justifiable complaints, wouldn’t stop us from complaining though, that’s just how it works.

It’s not really targeted towards those looking for him to be suspended, and more aimed at the “sexual assault” accusers.

bigwheel
31-10-2018, 05:57 AM

Hahaha. This is perhaps the funniest most exaggerated response I've read on here to anything...[emoji23][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

green day
31-10-2018, 06:40 AM

Obvs a spoof post.................I hope

snedzuk
31-10-2018, 07:38 AM
TBf didn’t Marvin have a “moment” with a Dundee player last year?

Fairly sure it was raith rovers

Tobias Funke
31-10-2018, 08:24 AM
Fairly sure it was raith rovers

It was Dundee.

SirDavidsNapper
31-10-2018, 03:33 PM
Maclean out tonight. Hearts not appealing.

JeMeSouviens
31-10-2018, 03:46 PM

Never a truer word! :wink:

Ozyhibby
31-10-2018, 04:00 PM

He must be carrying a knock.

Springbank
31-10-2018, 04:04 PM
Haring's new hernia, squealing squealing

Milligan robs him, out to Boyler
Ghosts by Mitchell, on loan toiler

Hits the byeline, Cuts it back
Touch from Flo, to Jamie Mac

It's a Hibee Halloween, nothing inbetween

wookie70
31-10-2018, 04:06 PM

Save the Children as an organisation aren't exactly squeaky clean in terms of sexual misconduct. As far as I can tell it was a booking if seen at the game and probably a red if spotted after by the beaks. If the player who was "assaulted" does feel it was a sexual assault he should feel entirely at liberty to go to the Police who should then investigate in the same manor as any offence.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2018/apr/11/save-the-children-inquiry-staff-misconduct-brendan-cox

Elephant Stone
31-10-2018, 04:07 PM
Haring's new hernia, squealing squealing

Milligan robs him, out to Boyler
Ghosts by Mitchell, on loan toiler

Hits the byeline, Cuts it back
Touch from Flo, to Jamie Mac

It's a Hibee Halloween, nothing inbetween

:scarf:

Moulin Yarns
31-10-2018, 04:07 PM
McLean is out of the game tonight. Accepted the offer of a 2 match ban

Golden Bear
31-10-2018, 04:08 PM

Steven was brought up to be a good Hibby. He knows the score.

:wink:

PatHead
31-10-2018, 04:08 PM
Save the Children as an organisation aren't exactly squeaky clean in terms of sexual misconduct. As far as I can tell it was a booking if seen at the game and probably a red if spotted after by the beaks. If the player who was "assaulted" does feel it was a sexual assault he should feel entirely at liberty to go to the Police who should then investigate in the same manor as any offence.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2018/apr/11/save-the-children-inquiry-staff-misconduct-brendan-cox

A booking would have meant a second yellow.

wookie70
31-10-2018, 04:10 PM
Maclean out tonight. Hearts not appealing. Cited but not out tonight according to BBC site. I doubt they will appeal given Leveins comments

CropleyWasGod
31-10-2018, 04:13 PM
Cited but not out tonight according to BBC site. I doubt they will appeal given Leveins comments

The BBC? Who are they? :greengrin

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish-fa/football-governance/disciplinary/disciplinary-updates/

jst1875
31-10-2018, 04:36 PM
Cited but not out tonight according to BBC site. I doubt they will appeal given Leveins comments

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-v-hibs-steven-maclean-out-of-derby-as-jambos-accept-violent-conduct-charge-1-4822569