PDA

View Full Version : Hibs v Hearts in Florida

MrRobot
28-10-2018, 12:00 PM
Apologies for being one of those people, but anybody any idea where I could watch the Hibs hearts game in Florida? I’ve got Hibs TV but don’t fancy watching on my phone and have no way of airdropping onto a TV here.

Cheers

NthCarolinaHibs
28-10-2018, 12:02 PM
Where in Fla are you..

Lex7zero
28-10-2018, 01:31 PM
I am in Florida too. I manage to get Hibs TV
on my telly. Welcome to join me if you are
anywhere near Englewood, One hour south
of Sarasota

EastCalderHibby
28-10-2018, 03:32 PM
If you are in orlando then there is an irish /cetic pub on i drive that show scottish games been there loads of times

Brunswickbill
28-10-2018, 03:50 PM
of Sarasota

My bro is a snow bird who has a place in Englewood. I visit there for two weeks in March every year. 😀

coco22
28-10-2018, 03:54 PM
of Sarasota

Just back from Longboat Key/Sarasota. Great part of the world! Didn’t take in any Hibs games though as international break.

Billy Whizz
28-10-2018, 03:55 PM
Just back from Longboat Key/Sarasota. Great part of the world! Didn’t take in any Hibs games though as international break.

Stayed in Longboat key a few year back, Crazy Horse apartments. Beautiful part of the world

HH81
28-10-2018, 03:58 PM
If you are in orlando then there is an irish /cetic pub on i drive that show scottish games been there loads of times

I forget the name of it now. When I was there earlier this year was getting a refurb. Ended up watching a derby on WiFi in my room.

Lex7zero
28-10-2018, 04:06 PM
My bro is a snow bird who has a place in Englewood. I visit there for two weeks in March every year. 😀

I live in Rotonda West in Englewood 6 months a year. Not here in March unfortunately.
Is your brother a Hibby too? Even if he ain’t would be good to catch a beer if he is over here now. If he is interested let me know and I will get in touch with him.

Brunswickbill
28-10-2018, 04:12 PM
I live in Rotonda West in Englewood 6 months a year. Not here in March unfortunately.
Is your brother a Hibby too? Even if he ain’t would be good to catch a beer if he is over here now. If he is interested let me know and I will get in touch with him.

He’s not into”soccer” and unfortunately he’s not in Fl at the moment. I hope He’ll be there in March otherwise I’ll be sleeping on the beach.

Lex7zero
28-10-2018, 04:30 PM
He’s not into”soccer” and unfortunately he’s not in Fl at the moment. I hope He’ll be there in March otherwise I’ll be sleeping on the beach.

He ain’t in to soccer, you mean he’s a Hertz supporter.😎I am here till mid Dec so offer holds if he is over before that. Never know I might manage to make him see sense. Glory Glory.

Dashing Bob S
28-10-2018, 05:27 PM
Might have to more specific as it’s a long way from the panhandle to the keys. A bit like asking: anybody in the UK watching the game.

MrRobot
28-10-2018, 06:26 PM
In Orlando, staying in Davenport.

I have no idea how close/ far I am from anything haha there’s 4 of us so preferably a bar(so I can have a bevvy too)

Real Emerald
28-10-2018, 06:46 PM

I have no idea how close/ far I am from anything haha there’s 4 of us so preferably a bar(so I can have a bevvy too)

I don’t think you’ve any chance of seeing it in a bar in or around Davenport. The place that has most sports TV’s is Millers Ale House at Champions Gate but it’s on BT Sports and I don’t think they have access to that in the USA. Best way to see it would be on Hibs TV on a phone or tablet, or a dodgy stream. If you do manage to find somewhere let me know as I’ve been there well over 20 times and not found anywhere yet.

Good luck and have a great holdiday 👍 🇺🇸

Feebleproduct
28-10-2018, 07:16 PM
On a side note, am in Budapest anyone know a place to watch the game? Would be a great help!

MrRobot
28-10-2018, 07:33 PM
I don’t think you’ve any chance of seeing it in a bar in or around Davenport. The place that has most sports TV’s is Millers Ale House at Champions Gate but it’s on BT Sports and I don’t think they have access to that in the USA. Best way to see it would be on Hibs TV on a phone or tablet, or a dodgy stream. If you do manage to find somewhere let me know as I’ve been there well over 20 times and not found anywhere yet.

Millers was my hope cause the beer and food there is great! Tempting to see if they would just log into Hibs TV using my account and stream it.

Thank you my man!

MrRobot
29-10-2018, 10:24 AM

Went into a British bar last night near where I’m staying and they have assured me they will be showing the game.

EastCalderHibby
29-10-2018, 07:46 PM

there is a place called millers ale house at championsgate has lots of sport on the box 2 mins from davenport

percy veer
29-10-2018, 07:50 PM
Went into a British bar last night near where I’m staying and they have assured me they will be showing the game.

I was there last week, is it the small bar next to the publix super market always blaring out rod stewart

MrRobot
29-10-2018, 07:58 PM
I was there last week, is it the small bar next to the publix super market always blaring out rod stewart

That’s the one mate, the girl assured me that they will definitely have it so I can only hope!

Looks quite decent inside tbf!

percy veer
29-10-2018, 08:03 PM
That’s the one mate, the girl assured me that they will definitely have it so I can only hope!

we were unlucky with the celtic game due to the 5 hr time difference it would need to have been open at 10

BoomtownHibees
29-10-2018, 08:12 PM

Get a decent fish supper in the chippy next to Publix as well 👍🏼

MrRobot
30-10-2018, 12:36 AM
Get a decent fish supper in the chippy next to Publix as well 👍🏼

That’s what I was hoping for, and a pint of bud to boot!

AZhibee
30-10-2018, 04:39 PM
Apologies for being one of those people, but anybody any idea where I could watch the Hibs hearts game in Florida? I’ve got Hibs TV but don’t fancy watching on my phone and have no way of airdropping onto a TV here.

Cheers

No tablet? No laptop? I can covert my phone on to TV with a $12 HDMI cable, but I rarely use it since laptop and tablet are suitable.

MrRobot
30-10-2018, 06:27 PM
No tablet? No laptop? I can covert my phone on to TV with a $12 HDMI cable, but I rarely use it since laptop and tablet are suitable.

Never brought a laptop, my plan was to get an iPhone to Hmdi cable if all else failed and watch it in the villa. Was preferring a bar though, this British one seems my best bet so far.

BSEJVT
30-10-2018, 07:57 PM
there is a place called millers ale house at championsgate has lots of sport on the box 2 mins from davenport

Watched one of the Scotland games in there September last year

Cant remember who it was against but Scotland scored late on to win away from home

AZhibee
30-10-2018, 10:05 PM
Never brought a laptop, my plan was to get an iPhone to Hmdi cable if all else failed and watch it in the villa. Was preferring a bar though, this British one seems my best bet so far.

Watched a few games on the phone, not my preference for sure, but will take it over audio only.

MrRobot
31-10-2018, 01:07 PM
Seems finding a iPhone to HMDI cable is proving absolutely solid. Or you’re talking at least $50.00 if they had them in stock!!! Doing my nut in!

calumhibee1
31-10-2018, 01:10 PM
Seems finding a iPhone to HMDI cable is proving absolutely solid. Or you’re talking at least $50.00 if they had them in stock!!! Doing my nut in!

I’ve got an iPhone adapter for an HDMI, not sure if you get a cable that does it all at once. The adapter was about £40 I’m sure so it’s not cheap.

MrRobot
31-10-2018, 06:18 PM
I’ve got an iPhone adapter for an HDMI, not sure if you get a cable that does it all at once. The adapter was about £40 I’m sure so it’s not cheap.

I was trying to get a naff make one haha

Managed to get a bar showing it though, the British bar beside Publix. Absolutely delighted! FTH