PDA

View Full Version : Edinburgh & Glasgow semi finals - has never happened?

Springbank
28-10-2018, 09:30 AM
Interesting fact - in Scotland the semi finals have never been made of Hibs, Hearts, Celtic & Rangers (oldco or newco).
There has never been a year where the Scottish Cup Semi Finalists were Hibs, Hearts, Rangers (old/new) and Celtic.
There has never been a year where the League Cup Semi Finalists have been Hibs, Hearts, Celtic & Rangers (old/new).
When you consider Hibs have been in almost every semi final going since 2011, and that Scottish football doesn't have that many major sized clubs, it says a lot for the competitions that there has never been an Edinburgh/Glasgow semi final matchup.

Maybe Scottish Cup 2019 will be the year for this (long overdue) first, in the national sport :flag:

Carheenlea
28-10-2018, 11:44 AM
Interesting fact - in Scotland the semi finals have never been made of Hibs, Hearts, Celtic & Rangers (oldco or newco).
There has never been a year where the Scottish Cup Semi Finalists were Hibs, Hearts, Rangers (old/new) and Celtic.
There has never been a year where the League Cup Semi Finalists have been Hibs, Hearts, Celtic & Rangers (old/new).
When you consider Hibs have been in almost every semi final going since 2011, and that Scottish football doesn't have that many major sized clubs, it says a lot for the competitions that there has never been an Edinburgh/Glasgow semi final matchup.

Maybe Scottish Cup 2019 will be the year for this (long overdue) first, in the national sport :flag:

Hopefully not - would rather Hearts were nowhere near semi finals. Ideally the same would go for Rangers and Celtic as well!

cabbageandribs1875
28-10-2018, 11:58 AM
has there ever been a change of semi-final venue due to a set of fans greeting about going through to glasgow because it will be dark, and even more bizarre some auld hag managing to get it changed to a venue 40 yards from the usual hovel her team play at

where'stheslope
28-10-2018, 12:23 PM
has there ever been a change of semi-final venue due to a set of fans greeting about going through to glasgow because it will be dark, and even more bizarre some auld hag managing to get it changed to a venue 40 yards from the usual hovel her team play at
I feel your venom about this, but, it was more about Aberdeen not being able to get to Hampden before kick off!
I thought it would have been Yams V Celtic at Hampden and Aberdeen at Murrayfield to make it easier for their fans!
But, when all said and done it just Scottish Football, rotten to the core as far as the Uglies go!!!

cabbageandribs1875
28-10-2018, 12:25 PM
I feel your venom about this, but, it was more about Aberdeen not being able to get to Hampden before kick off!
I thought it would have been Yams V Celtic at Hampden and Aberdeen at Murrayfield to make it easier for their fans!
But, when all said and done it just Scottish Football, rotten to the core as far as the Uglies go!!!

sorry but i'm afraid my version is the official version :greengrin

DH1875
28-10-2018, 12:47 PM

That'll be the same Aberdeen fans who aren't even going anyway.

Springbank
28-10-2018, 06:27 PM
I'll take a Hibs-Rangers or Hibs-Hearts Scottish Cup Semi Final now thanks