PDA

View Full Version : Wish it was us in the semi

timewilltell
28-10-2018, 09:00 AM
I have to admit, I wish it was us taking 30,000 Hibby's to Murrayfield for the semi today.

Think whatever the outcome it's going to be a great occasion, Just wish it was us.

MWHIBBIES
28-10-2018, 09:03 AM
Wish I'd slept with Rhianna last night. Didn't happy, not worth worrying about. Every single Jambo there will wish it was them in 2016. We're the real winners.

SirDavidsNapper
28-10-2018, 09:04 AM
I have to admit, I wish it was us taking 30,000 Hibby's to Murrayfield for the semi today.

Think whatever the outcome it's going to be a great occasion, Just wish it was us.

We've had more than our fair share in recent years. I'll let this one go. I doubt we'd have taken 27k though. Hearts haven't won this competition since 1962 so its huge for them.

Sammy7nil
28-10-2018, 09:09 AM

What ever teams loses will not think it was a great occasion and will have preferred not to be there. It is all a out winning nothing about the occasion.

B.H.F.C
28-10-2018, 09:10 AM
We should be in a semi final today.

As for the bit about it being a great occasion regardless of the result, don’t agree with that. Losing a semi final isn’t any fun.

BILLYHIBS
28-10-2018, 09:12 AM
Shudda been but it isn’t No one to blame but ourselves Deal with it and move on!

Jones28
28-10-2018, 09:14 AM
But for the width of a crossbar it could have been. These things happen.

Dancehibs
28-10-2018, 09:14 AM
Great money spinner

frazeHFC
28-10-2018, 09:16 AM
Quite happy to miss out and beat them on Wednesday.

Diclonius
28-10-2018, 09:17 AM
We'd be playing at Hampden against Rangers if we were in the semi. Guarantee it.

IGRIGI
28-10-2018, 09:23 AM
Murrayfield is a bit too Edinburgh establishment / Hearts for my liking, I'm sorry to be missing out on a trip to Hampden but Murrayfield holds no attraction for me.

CorrieHibs
28-10-2018, 09:26 AM
We'd be playing at Hampden against Rangers if we were in the semi. Guarantee it.

We should of been playing the Huns at hampden. Missed enough chances to win 3 games against Aberdeen.

We’ve been to a lot of semi’s in the last few years. Let Hearts have their day out. Nice to see them get pumped!

Weegreenman
28-10-2018, 09:29 AM
I must admit, I don’t know much about this new Hearts squad CL has put together but after losing three of his best players to injury and losing Lafferty to Rangers, they seem to have coped very well to say the very least. I’m still scratching my head as to how they managed to convince a player who was recently earning 50k a week to come to and sign for them 🤔in Naismith. Dirty little **** he might be but what a signing he’s turned out to be for them. I fancy Hearts will give Celtic a right good run for their money today and it wouldn’t surprise me if they went through to the final in what promises to be a great atmosphere. We’ve had our fair share of semi’s and finals over the years but not at Murrayfield. What a day out that would have been, although I fancy I’d have struggled to make my work on the Monday morning! 😵

Pagan Hibernia
28-10-2018, 09:31 AM
I’m not actually bothered, probably because I expect hearts to lose.

if they win through to a Hampden final I’ll be extremely envious.

PatHead
28-10-2018, 09:33 AM
Still can’t believe that we didn’t beat Aberdeen.

Sir David Gray
28-10-2018, 09:39 AM

We would have been at Hampden as we would have taken Aberdeen's place.

Pagan Hibernia
28-10-2018, 09:41 AM
Still can’t believe that we didn’t beat Aberdeen.

we battered them in the league game at ER too, and didn’t win

kaimendhibs
28-10-2018, 09:47 AM
Hearts shouldn't be there. Helped out by the cheating governing body.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Halmyre Hibee
28-10-2018, 09:51 AM
We are doing quite well this season. Hearts are on a good run and it will end. Nothing between 2nd and 6th so we need to battle and grind out results and win the type of games were we dropped points like St Johnstone 1-1, Livingston 1-2 and we should have beaten Aberdeen and be in todays semi final. The margins are tight and yes I am jealous that we are not there today.

I'm sure the players and management will feel the same way today and realise we must win on Wednesday as we cannot go 11 points behind Hearts at this stage of the season.

It's going to be an interesting season but I think Celtic will eventually win the league. It's up to us to hang in there and I think we will.

Pretty Boy
28-10-2018, 09:53 AM
Place is crawling with them this morning. All well and truly back out of hiding now. Obviously I wish it was us but it's not so hey ho. **** them, hope Celtic batter them and rattle in a few goals in the process.

Franck Stanton
28-10-2018, 09:57 AM
Jealous of them ? Never. Disappointed we aren't in the semi v rangers, but jealous of them? I repeat NEVER under any circumstances.

Stuart93
28-10-2018, 09:58 AM
So many posters in here than bairly post regularly. Wonder why. Hope you’s get ****ed rotten and have an absolute ***** day.

SirDavidsNapper
28-10-2018, 10:07 AM
Semi finals are rare for Hearts. Hopefully they put all their eggs in one basket today and knacker themselves for Wednesday. A goal for Celtic in the last minute of extra time would be pleasing.

Hibrandenburg
28-10-2018, 10:10 AM
Nope, will be a rugby score at Murrayfield today.

ancient hibee
28-10-2018, 11:22 AM
We would have been at Hampden as we would have taken Aberdeen's place.
Wrong I think. Celtic would have had the No.1 ball instead of Aberdeen.So it would have been the OF at Hampden and us and Hearts at Murrayfield.
I have a total failure to understand any Hibs supporters happy to miss out on a semi final,particularly one we should have been in.Must be me getting old.

CMurdoch
28-10-2018, 11:27 AM
Wrong I think. Celtic would have had the No.1 ball instead of Aberdeen.So it would have been the OF at Hampden and us and Hearts at Murrayfield.
I have a total failure to understand any Hibs supporters happy to miss out on a semi final,particularly one we should have been in.Must be me getting old.

A derby at Murrayfield would have been great, 30,000 tickets each.
No moaning about loyalty points. Wow!

Geo_1875
28-10-2018, 11:27 AM

If we'd been drawn against them we'd have played on Saturday at Hampden. Only Sunday games for Celtc and The Rangers as they're in Europe.

Juniper Greens
28-10-2018, 11:29 AM

No, in that scenario, we would have played yesterday at hampden

ancient hibee
28-10-2018, 11:29 AM
If we'd been drawn against them we'd have played on Saturday at Hampden. Only Sunday games for Celtc and The Rangers as they're in Europe.
True.Pity.Unless Of course there was an unusual outbreak of common sense.

Mick O'Rourke
28-10-2018, 11:31 AM
"We should have been there ?"

Fair enough comments.

Wish i had a fiver for every time i have heard that over the years.

Finals we should have got to.

Finals we should have won.

That's football,eh? !

I suspect Dundee United fans had the same thoughts on leaving Hampden after the 2016 semi final.

Austinho
28-10-2018, 11:32 AM
We’ve had more semi-finals than I’ve had hot dinners over the last few years. It’s hardly a big deal.

One Day
28-10-2018, 11:33 AM

Only a great occasion if Hearts get well and truly stuffed

Pagan Hibernia
28-10-2018, 11:33 AM

who’s happy about it? No one was happy we lost the shootout but that was over a month ago and I’m pretty much over it. As for today, there’s more important things to do on a Sunday than worry about a semi-final that we’re not in.

Onion
28-10-2018, 11:40 AM
To appreciate the highs you’ve got to have lows. Look at Celtic fans after a cup win, they’ve almost given up celebrating. Contrast that with 2016 and the outpouring of 114 years of frustration. We’ve had our fair share of cup semis in recent years, will just make the next one all the more enjoyable.

tamig
28-10-2018, 11:43 AM
I must admit, I don’t know much about this new Hearts squad CL has put together but after losing three of his best players to injury and losing Lafferty to Rangers, they seem to have coped very well to say the very least. I’m still scratching my head as to how they managed to convince a player who was recently earning 50k a week to come to and sign for them 🤔in Naismith. Dirty little **** he might be but what a signing he’s turned out to be for them. I fancy Hearts will give Celtic a right good run for their money today and it wouldn’t surprise me if they went through to the final in what promises to be a great atmosphere. We’ve had our fair share of semi’s and finals over the years but not at Murrayfield. What a day out that would have been, although I fancy I’d have struggled to make my work on the Monday morning! 😵

You do know that Naismith isn’t their player though?

rcarter1
28-10-2018, 11:44 AM
We should be in a semi final today.

As for the bit about it being a great occasion regardless of the result, don’t agree with that. Losing a semi final isn’t any fun.

Can be worse than losing a final! I'll be watching this one if possible just to see how it plays out. Positives for either outcome - End of the Treble/Treble (yawn), or Hearts pumped out of the competition in front of their entire support (:devil:).

Its all about the Scottish Cup this season. :greengrin

flash
28-10-2018, 11:52 AM
Just a day to avoid town simple as that.

Dashing Bob S
28-10-2018, 11:54 AM
Personally not bothered as I wake up to a semi every Sunday

Deansy
28-10-2018, 12:18 PM
I'll never be envious of anything 'Charity Thieves FC' are involved in - I'm old-school and much happier/prouder knowing that my club is where it is through honesty and paying it's way !

28-10-2018, 01:29 PM
Course I wish we were in a semi-final, great occassions and a chance to have a crack at a final but it wasn't to be this year - we suck it up and move on. We've had well more than our fair share of Hampden trips and semi-finals the last 4 or 5 years - canny be too greedy eh :greengrin

Sammy7nil
28-10-2018, 02:03 PM
I am sure the Hearts fans will remember this great occasion :aok::greengrin

heretoday
28-10-2018, 02:06 PM

Maybe next year.

Cat Stanton
28-10-2018, 02:06 PM
Wish I'd slept with Rhianna last night. Didn't happy, not worth worrying about. Every single Jambo there will wish it was them in 2016. We're the real winners.

I actually did sh*g Rhianna once, and to be honest it wasn't as great as I thought it would be. I mean, sure, the build-up was amazing, and everyone was really jealous of me, but then it all quickly went a bit limp, and I was just left with a sense of disappointment. Looking back, I wish I hadn't bothered now.

Eyrie
28-10-2018, 03:49 PM
I actually did sh*g Rhianna once, and to be honest it wasn't as great as I thought it would be. I mean, sure, the build-up was amazing, and everyone was really jealous of me, but then it all quickly went a bit limp, and I was just left with a sense of disappointment. Looking back, I wish I hadn't bothered now.

Too much personal information.

BILLYHIBS
29-10-2018, 04:42 AM
It’s called not taking your chances. Football hasn’t changed that much over the years. If you cannae score you don’t deserve to go through as The Rangers found out yesterday. Aberdeen are not pretty to watch they set themselves up and say to other teams there you go come and break us down and we couldn’t. I don’t see no one laughing from where I am sitting. Roll on Wednesday and get Jamie Mac playing off Flo and Boyle and let’s see some goals

The Green Goblin
29-10-2018, 05:37 AM
Place is crawling with them this morning. All well and truly back out of hiding now. Obviously I wish it was us but it's not so hey ho. **** them, hope Celtic batter them and rattle in a few goals in the process.

This.....and you even got your wish! :greengrin