PDA

View Full Version : 27 october 1991

ValleyHibee
27-10-2018, 07:46 PM
https://youtu.be/jThEccKEYa8 1st cup that I seen Hibs win,great day and night. Were you there ?

Scorrie
27-10-2018, 07:48 PM
Aye. I managed to get in. Absolute bedlam at the turnstiles as the game was pay at the gate!. Great day though

HH81
27-10-2018, 07:48 PM
I was there. 10 years old at the time. First ever Hibs game.

Travelled from West Yorkshire. Got some pictures in a draw at my grans house.

BoomtownHibees
27-10-2018, 07:50 PM
Add a +1 on to the crowd as I got lifted over the turnstile 😎

ValleyHibee
27-10-2018, 07:54 PM
Aye. I managed to get in. Absolute bedlam at the turnstiles as the game was pay at the gate!. Great day though
Think it's safe too say that they never expected such a massive Hibs support,thousands locked out and the pars end half empty.

Skol
27-10-2018, 07:55 PM
I was one of the last to get in. Our bus was late and we all piled off the bus near hampden and ran to the ground without a thought for going home. After the game of course we had no idea where to go. Somewhow we found the bus but we didnt find all the poeple who had been on it. We did however take home a number of 'lost'supporters and arrived at the Maybury just as the players open top bus was leaving. We followed it in to Haymarket and then followed it to the east end. My memories of the rest of the night are sketchy.

franck sauzee
27-10-2018, 08:02 PM
I was there and only 5 at the time. Reading back on it I knew that thousands were locked out but never realised the total attendance was 40,000. Did the split the ground half and half and that's why not every Hibee could get in?

Bishop Hibee
27-10-2018, 08:03 PM
Amazing day. My family ran a bus from Porty Town Hall. Great scenes back in Edinburgh. The curtain twitcher at the window of the old Ace of Hearts club at Haymarket got it tight! Saw the parade on Leith Walk then onto the stadium. Robbies Bar was rocking.

Skol
27-10-2018, 08:04 PM
[QUOTE=franck sauzee;5586229]I was there and only 5 at the time. Reading back on it I knew that thousands were locked out but never realised the total attendance was 40,000. Did the split the ground half and half and that's why not every Hibee could get in?[/QUOTE

Some on our bus got in the Dunfermline end as that wasnt full or closed. For reasons unknown it was pay at the gate that day

sambajustice
27-10-2018, 08:07 PM
I was there but that wasn't my recollection that thousands were locked out. There was plenty space in the stadium and my old boy bought 2 extra tickets for souvenirs!

andy1875
27-10-2018, 08:08 PM
I have very vague memories as I had not long turned 7 but just recall being near the top of what is the north stand with all my family. We were standing and I perched on a railing.

We also have photos from the Celtic club on London Road before the game and someone must have been dressed as a teenage mutant hero turtle as i have a picture wearing the head.

Don’t recall the game but have clear memories of the bus journey back along Princes st in Edinburgh and waving my flag at the coach window that my Dad would have got me.

Last memory from that time is going to school with my flag, more than likely the Monday and parading it around like it was the trophy. Told to put it back in my school bag. Probably a jambo teacher :na na:

Random memories but all good ones!!!! :flag:

Skol
27-10-2018, 08:10 PM
I was there but that wasn't my recollection that thousands were locked out. There was plenty space in the stadium and my old boy bought 2 extra tickets for souvenirs!

There were no tickets, it was pay at the gate

Bishop Hibee
27-10-2018, 08:12 PM

Correct. Seems unthinkable now. 30,000 Hibs fans packed our end, plenty spaces in the Pars end

HUTCHYHIBBY
27-10-2018, 08:14 PM
Went on the bus from The Moat Bar, remember being absolutely drained emotionally when we got back to the pub, had a couple of juices, then headed home to my kip.

danhibees1875
27-10-2018, 08:16 PM
I was 9 days old, but was never in doubt that Keith had it sealed once he was slipped through.

madabouthibs
27-10-2018, 08:19 PM
Got in about 2:45, and the polis were running about telling staff to shut the turnstiles. Got to the top of the stairs and it was mentally busy!! But, there could've been thousands more Hibs fans in the "family area" behind the goals. I can't believe they just locked them all out!

darwenhibby
27-10-2018, 08:23 PM
I have some very fond memories of running a bus from Lancashire for the game😉😂
Trouble free I seem to recall😉🇳🇬
We all Just about got in the ground as the gates were shutting.

norhfc
27-10-2018, 08:24 PM
I got in one of the last turnstiles to close, just made it, was lucky to be in the right queue.
Was very emotional day due to the Wallace Mercer bid ( it’s a family forum)
Can’t believe it’s so long ago, the open top bus and Sunday night up the toon was legendary.

IGRIGI
27-10-2018, 08:26 PM
What a performance from Weir!

Also balls of steel from McIntyre for the penalty.

lord bunberry
27-10-2018, 08:27 PM

I think the main stand was ticket only

sambajustice
27-10-2018, 08:31 PM

We were behind the goals both goals were scored in and i've still got the tickets for the match. £9 for adults and £2 for kids...

Unless I was at a different Skol Cup final we won 2-0 of course!

Skol
27-10-2018, 08:44 PM
Just watched the footage. Great memories.

What a player Mickey Weir was.

What a penalty taker Tam McIntyre was

I had money on 3-0. When Hamilton hit the post I was gutted

ValleyHibee
27-10-2018, 08:50 PM
Just watched the footage. Great memories.

What a player Mickey Weir was.

What a penalty taker Tam McIntyre was

I had money on 3-0. When Hamilton hit the post I was gutted
I live in d/line and even still the pars fans say the wee man dived:na na:

crash
27-10-2018, 08:57 PM

I think you are mistaken, for a start this wasn't a ticketed game,also definitely no space in the Hibs end. I arrived at the ground approx 2.45 after getting off our bus which was stuck in a massive traffic jam,joined a huge queue at the ground for the North terracing. A Strathclyde Police officer told me that the Hibs end was now at capacity and my only chance was to try another section, so we rushed round and managed to gain entry. When we got up to the terracing it was jammed.The 40,000 official figure is garbage, there was at least 50,000 at the game. Thousands of Hibs fans were locked out. If you are in any doubt google the game and have a look at the terraces, the stadium capacity at that time was 74,000(!). 40,000 my &rse!

kowalski
27-10-2018, 09:07 PM
There were definitely tickets for the family section, I think you had to buy them at Hampden on the day.

Iggy Pope
27-10-2018, 09:08 PM

Wrong. It was both.

Ged
27-10-2018, 09:45 PM
South Stand was all ticket as far as I remember. I've still got one.

Eyrie
27-10-2018, 09:52 PM
Two anniversary threads (http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?334902-Happy-Birthday&p=5586221#post5586221).

And of course I was there.

Great day - Hibs won the League Cup, we got back to Edinburgh in time for the parade and then saw Wolfsbane in some sweatpit. Ah, to be young again! Especially 22, which I reached that day.

iwasthere1972
27-10-2018, 10:00 PM
Was living in Guernsey at the time (I know...still no excuse) but watched it on Sky. They showed the whole game but half an hour later than the actual kick off time due to screening some Italian match.

SirDavidsNapper
27-10-2018, 10:33 PM
First trophy we won in my lifetime. As a nipper i didn't think it would be 16 years until the next one!

One Day
27-10-2018, 10:48 PM
Went on the bus from The Moat Bar, remember being absolutely drained emotionally when we got back to the pub, had a couple of juices, then headed home to my kip.

Me too. Had a thumping sore head. Watched the bus go down Leith Walk had 2 pints then home for a sleep and watched the video of the game

beensaidbefore
28-10-2018, 11:07 AM
I think you are mistaken, for a start this wasn't a ticketed game,also definitely no space in the Hibs end. I arrived at the ground approx 2.45 after getting off our bus which was stuck in a massive traffic jam,joined a huge queue at the ground for the North terracing. A Strathclyde Police officer told me that the Hibs end was now at capacity and my only chance was to try another section, so we rushed round and managed to gain entry. When we got up to the terracing it was jammed.The 40,000 official figure is garbage, there was at least 50,000 at the game. Thousands of Hibs fans were locked out. If you are in any doubt google the game and have a look at the terraces, the stadium capacity at that time was 74,000(!). 40,000 my &rse!

My memory is there was plenty space round about us. Family section begins the goals to the left as you look onto the pitch.

Peevemor
28-10-2018, 11:19 AM
I think the official figure was 37k Hibs fans with an estimated 2k locked out.

IIRC the stadium wasn't split 50/50 as Hibs had the the full length of terracing opposite the stand.

I was about half way up the terracing in the corner of the "Celtic" end, and it was mobbed.

One thing I remember is the police in Edinburgh being very indulgent regarding the numerous lock-ins around Easter Road and Leith Walk that night. I was in the Windsor and although they came into the pub to ask us to tone it down a couple of times, it was all done in good humour with no hint of them trying to close the pub.

SirDavidsNapper
28-10-2018, 11:24 AM

Dunfermline end was very sparse

AltheHibby
28-10-2018, 11:24 AM
And even better is it's also the anniversary of the last time 'they' won it. The day before my birthday in 19 whenever.

I was there in 91, and had the dubious pleasure of living in Dunfermline then. Met my Dunfermline supporting mate in the car park afterwards and had to be nice as the first thing he did was congratulate me.

Hibrandenburg
28-10-2018, 12:15 PM
Was on a mountain top in the south Atlantic. Got a video of the game sent down to me 2 weeks later. Still have it.

Weegreenman
28-10-2018, 12:19 PM
Great memories of that Cup winning year. Beating the Huns in the semi was something special though. Winning the Cup was amazing also, especially as Hearts hadn’t won anything for 30 odd year before that. Qualifying for Europe was a fantastic experience as well. A great wee trip to Anderlecht was had, good days 👍:flag:

pollution
28-10-2018, 12:38 PM
I was 31 then and I do remember seeing a lot of Celtic colours in the East terracing, where the old stand used to be.

The Dunf terracing was no where near capacity. My main memory is of a Hibs fan having a heart attack in the far enclosure unfortunately passing away RIP

CraigHibee
28-10-2018, 02:12 PM
i was there, 12 years old at the time, stayed down just off drum brae and remember the coach dropping us off at the shell garage at maybury. Not only did we see the open top bus and the team going into it but darren jackson was filling his car up at the same time

HH81
05-12-2020, 06:06 PM
Managed to get photos from this day and will be uploading them to twitter in next couple of days.

They include team coach, pub, lots of fans, ground and some at the game including the pen being taken. If anyone wants to see them I'll post a link.

Peevemor
05-12-2020, 06:08 PM
Managed to get photos from this day and will be uploading them to twitter in next couple of days.

They include team coach, pub, lots of fans, ground and some at the game including the pen being taken. If anyone wants to see them I'll post a link.I'd be interested cheers.

Glory Lurker
05-12-2020, 06:24 PM

They include team coach, pub, lots of fans, ground and some at the game including the pen being taken. If anyone wants to see them I'll post a link.

Very yes please.

BILLYHIBS
05-12-2020, 06:25 PM

:thumbsup:

Hibernia&Alba
05-12-2020, 06:32 PM
First trophy we won in my lifetime. As a nipper i didn't think it would be 16 years until the next one!

Me too. My dad and grandad (RIP) both rather inebriated before the game even started :greengrin. One of my favourite memories, having never seen us win anything before. A wonderful occasion.

HH81
05-12-2020, 07:38 PM
Cool I'll post link then. Decent set photos and funny enough I remember so much of the day still.

Hibernia&Alba
05-12-2020, 07:49 PM
Was on a mountain top in the south Atlantic. Got a video of the game sent down to me 2 weeks later. Still have it.

Didn't anybody tell you the Falklands War ended a decade earlier? :wink:

Hillsidehibby
05-12-2020, 07:49 PM
I remember being in a boozer in Rutherglen High Street. You had to chap the door to get in as it was only half eleven in the morning. Got to Hamden pretty late to be met by Hibbies coming down the stairs saying that the gates were closed.
**** that I thought and went upstairs and walked round. There was one turnstile still open and made a mad dash just to get in before the gate closed Ashamed to say I did jump the queue but it was every man for himself.

StevieT
05-12-2020, 07:57 PM
I was 31 then and I do remember seeing a lot of Celtic colours in the East terracing, where the old stand used to be.

The Dunf terracing was no where near capacity. My main memory is of a Hibs fan having a heart attack in the far enclosure unfortunately passing away RIP

The guy who passed away was a good friend of my dad and he actually took my mum and dad thought o the game.

Hibernia&Alba
05-12-2020, 08:13 PM
The guy who passed away was a good friend of my dad and he actually took my mum and dad thought o the game.

Wow, that's tragic. Was he only young then?

Logie Green
05-12-2020, 11:09 PM
I think the official figure was 37k Hibs fans with an estimated 2k locked out.

IIRC the stadium wasn't split 50/50 as Hibs had the the full length of terracing opposite the stand.

I was about half way up the terracing in the corner of the "Celtic" end, and it was mobbed.

One thing I remember is the police in Edinburgh being very indulgent regarding the numerous lock-ins around Easter Road and Leith Walk that night. I was in the Windsor and although they came into the pub to ask us to tone it down a couple of times, it was all done in good humour with no hint of them trying to close the pub.

I celebrated our victory in the Windsor too. The manager at the time was a hun though he was generally ok. However he did ask for less noise to be made but it was politely explained to him that days like that don’t happen very often and given that most of the neighbours were probably out celebrating somewhere anyway the celebrations would continue. It was a great night.

It’s often forgotten that we won that cup by playing every round away from home and if I’m not mistaken we went in a long unbeaten run in the league as well which came to an end in a 4-2 midweek defeat at Ibrox. We were on course to set a new club record for unbeaten league matches from the start of a season until then. Definitely the best spell under Alex Miller though that’s not saying much.

I remember a friend telling me that when Miller was being carried on the shoulders of a couple of players on the pitch at Hampden someone in the crowd beside him shouted “****** off ya hun b*****d” - the poor guy could never win!

Wakeyhibee
05-12-2020, 11:53 PM
Travelled up with the East Lancs branch. All of us just managed to get in before the gates closed.

IIRC the South Stand had been extended over the old enclosure but the rear sections or at least some were out of bounds/use

gbhibby
06-12-2020, 12:06 AM
Was in a boozer in Rutherglen main street looking out and saw loads of LRT buses outside on the way to stadium, as it was not all ticket thought we better make a move. Must have been 20 to 30 LRT Buses all full, one of the locals said Rutherglen looked like Edinburgh.

Got to the ground but the Toryglen end(hate referring to it as the celtic end) was closed as there was limited capacity due to building works or something.
Went round to the north terracing there were thousands waiting to get in. One of the mounted policeman who had braiding round his cap said to us how many more are coming up the road when we said we reckon the same as the number that were waiting to get in. He said to us they were expecting only 15000 hibs fans to turn up.He looked worried. Got into the ground just before the gates were closed

After the open top bus had a meal and a few drinks in the Tiffin.

SiinDubai
06-12-2020, 12:37 AM
Was in a boozer in Rutherglen main street looking out and saw loads of LRT buses outside on the way to stadium, as it was not all ticket thought we better make a move. Must have been 20 to 30 LRT Buses all full, one of the locals said Rutherglen looked like Edinburgh.

Got to the ground but the Toryglen end(hate referring to it as the celtic end) was closed as there was limited capacity due to building works or something.
Went round to the north terracing there were thousands waiting to get in. One of the mounted policeman who had braiding round his cap said to us how many more are coming up the road when we said we reckon the same as the number that were waiting to get in. He said to us they were expecting only 15000 hibs fans to turn up.He looked worried. Got into the ground just before the gates were closed

After the open top bus had a meal and a few drinks in the Tiffin.

I traveled through on one of the LRT buses with my 2 friends, they left from the south bridge if I remember correctly.

HH81
06-12-2020, 06:49 AM
On a couple of the pics the seats across don't look full. Guess it could be the picture quality was not as good back then? I was stood around edge of the pen area roughly.

My grandad told me once that we were lucky to get in the ground just before the turnstiles closed.

AFKA5814_Hibs
06-12-2020, 09:25 AM
Remember getting to the ground about 10 mins before kick off and having no problem entering the stadium, it was only the next day when I found out there were issues getting in. Our bus on the way back knocked down an old boy in Glasgow and we had to spend about an hour in a Celtic supporters bar until after the ambulance and polis turned up. Got back to Edinburgh just in time to see the parade.

HH81
06-12-2020, 12:10 PM
https://twitter.com/JP0703480398/status/1335545442101321729?s=19

Couple of pictures up. Trying to use an app to get the quality half decent.

Wakeyhibee
06-12-2020, 12:10 PM
On a couple of the pics the seats across don't look full. Guess it could be the picture quality was not as good back then? I was stood around edge of the pen area roughly.

My grandad told me once that we were lucky to get in the ground just before the turnstiles closed.

Mentioned this earlier in the thread, think the Stand was on its last days and the back sections was out of use. Hence 40k was mostly on 2 sides with the Dunfy section not full either. Scottish Cup final was only 44k that season although by then the West was seated.

HH81
06-12-2020, 12:16 PM
Mentioned this earlier in the thread, think the Stand was on its last days and the back sections was out of use. Hence 40k was mostly on 2 sides with the Dunfy section not full either. Scottish Cup final was only 44k that season although by then the West was seated.

I never seen it. Had a close look, you are definitely right the top section was empty. I think a few of the seats were empty at the bottom too.

EI255
06-12-2020, 02:45 PM
Remember the day well. Went on a supporters bus. Went to a club near Hampden there were Pars fans there too, but heavily outnumbered by us. Got to the stadium, was absolutely rammed. Literally couldn't move. Lost my mates a few times with all the sways. I remember the tailbacks on the M8 with all the Hibs buses. We couldn't wait to get back. Back later in Edinburgh, watched the team bus all the way from west end down to the top of Leith. The scenes at the East End of Princes Street were truly mental! That night will stay long in the memory.
Still got the programme, don't know how I got that home intact! Was a great Hibs team. Mickey Weir outstanding.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

hibby6270
06-12-2020, 02:50 PM
The one taken behind the team coach. That’s classy!!

Galahibby
06-12-2020, 03:35 PM
I used to have a boss who was a Dunfermline season ticket holder. He was a bit of a sh*t to be honest. Used to send him an anniversary card every year on 27th October 😁

Scorrie
06-12-2020, 05:05 PM
Just got in that day before the gates were shut. Complete chaos and can’t believe that it was pay at the gate. Great day though and celebrated at Robbies Bar from what I can recall!

Valencia
06-12-2020, 05:47 PM
Correct. Seems unthinkable now. 30,000 Hibs fans packed our end, plenty spaces in the Pars end
I ran a bus that day. Went straight to the ground and bought tickets for the mixed end behind the goals at a kiosk in the car park and back to the pub. Four of the guys on the bus couldn't get in even after buying Dunfermline scarfs. A man came out his house and took them in to watch the game on the telly.

southern hibby
06-12-2020, 06:01 PM
Wrong. It was both.

it was both because I had a ticket for centre stand.

GGTTH

Niffy
06-12-2020, 06:04 PM
Yeah. Even took an old vhs video camera on the bus. The footage approaching Leith Walk on way back is amazing. It’s on YouTube somewhere I think.

HH81
06-12-2020, 07:09 PM
Posted another of the ground on my twitter. The other 20 or so will be posted on Tuesday.

Col L
06-12-2020, 07:24 PM
What a day and night, great memories. We were in the unusual position of being huge favourites and it was a tense game as the team struggled a bit with the weight of expectation.

We got there in the end though for our first trophy in a generation and the scenes back in Edinburgh were incredible. I fondly remember being locked into Mathers at the West End (they shut the doors because it was mobbed) and some veteran Hibbies dancing on the bar and leading the chorus. What a party!

I also remember the fan who tragically passed away as I worked next to his brother. A really sad footnote to one of Hibs’ great nights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bod
06-12-2020, 07:27 PM
https://youtu.be/jThEccKEYa8 1st cup that I seen Hibs win,great day and night. Were you there ?

Yes,was greeting when Murdo lifted the cup ( told him that when I met him )

Keith_M
06-12-2020, 07:33 PM

Center stand and enclosures were open but the wing stands were closed. I think there was only 3k seated places available.

I was determined to turn up early and enjoy the whole event so I dragged my Dad out of the pub and we arrived at the ground 30 minutes before the kick-off. I'm so glad I did.

Sammy7nil
06-12-2020, 11:21 PM
I live in d/line and even still the pars fans say the wee man dived:na na:

He did

Glory Lurker
06-12-2020, 11:45 PM

How olden days is that? Aye, I was there.

Look at the respect for keeping the aisle clear, even when we scored. Young team now have no aisle etiquette at all. I blame the parents :-)

Peevemor
07-12-2020, 07:15 AM
I was never impressed with Alex Miller's "I'm a winnder" interview after that match.

After all the club, players & fans had been through it was far too egocentric IMO.

JimBHibees
07-12-2020, 07:34 AM
I used to have a boss who was a Dunfermline season ticket holder. He was a bit of a sh*t to be honest. Used to send him an anniversary card every year on 27th October 😁

:faf::faf:

HH81
07-12-2020, 08:47 PM
https://twitter.com/JP0703480398?s=09

Most of the photos up now from game, fans and team coach etc.

Glory Lurker
07-12-2020, 08:59 PM

Good stuff, cheers.

Since452
07-12-2020, 09:03 PM
Absolutely brilliant seeing those photos. I was too young to go (according to my mum) but I have vivid memories of watching it on tele as an awestruck 7 year old thinking that Hibs were the greatest team on the planet. I was right. I must have thought about Mickey Weir's through ball and Keith Wright calm finish hundreds of thousands of times in the years since.

EI255
07-12-2020, 09:09 PM
Great photos. Sadly, I've none. Just memories of a great, great day.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

brog
07-12-2020, 09:56 PM

Excellent, many thanks!

Bishop Hibee
07-12-2020, 11:02 PM
Class photos. I ran a bus from Porty Town Hall. What a day and night. Conga in and out Robbie’s Bar, dancing on the tables. I went into the newsagent in Lorne St the next morning and bought all the papers. Owner said it was the 81st Daily Record he’d sold 😀

HH81
08-12-2020, 02:48 PM
Cheers everyone. Nice that a few have reached out to me after seeing family members on them.

JGS56
08-12-2020, 09:13 PM
There was a player on the bench who won a winners medal, but had never played for the team as he had just been signed. He made his debut the week after against hearts - Who was he?

(I know the answer, but try to work out who he was without googling the answer).

Peevemor
08-12-2020, 09:31 PM
There was a player on the bench who won a winners medal, but had never played for the team as he had just been signed. He made his debut the week after against hearts - Who was he?

(I know the answer, but try to work out who he was without googling the answer).Dave Beaumont. Too easy!

Sweet Left Peg
08-12-2020, 11:11 PM
Very special memories of that time and that cup run. My first trip to Hampden was that day and it happened to be my 11th birthday. I've still got the scarf and the strip which will be passed on to my son. There was so much going on at the club that I didn't fully appreciate at the time but these photos help to underline just what it meant to our club and the magnitude of what the team achieved whilst being so close to the brink of oblivion.

My memories of the day were walking up the outside of the stand for what seemed like forever before getting in to see the pitch. Pars fans to the right were way outnumbered by the Hibs fans.The sheer amount of green and white. I don't remember much about the first half, mainly due to not being able to see over the folks in front. Getting lifted up to sit on a barrier at half time and seeing both Hibs goals because I wouldn't get back off it. Looking towards the far end, it was all Hibs fans that were cheering. I remember Keith Wright's goal and thinking that was it, 2-0, we've won the cup. I remember seeing a flash of silver as the cup was lifted and getting really excited. The last thing I remember was getting told off for sticking a Hibs flag out the window of my uncle's car as we drove back through Gorgie cos he didn't want his windows tanned.

Listening to the John Burridge podcasts that are on another thread brought an interesting insight into that time and if you haven't listened to them then do so.

Thanks for these photos, we should never forget how important a time that was for our club.

wookie70
08-12-2020, 11:12 PM
I was one of the last to get in. Our bus was late and we all piled off the bus near hampden and ran to the ground without a thought for going home. After the game of course we had no idea where to go. Somewhow we found the bus but we didnt find all the poeple who had been on it. We did however take home a number of 'lost'supporters and arrived at the Maybury just as the players open top bus was leaving. We followed it in to Haymarket and then followed it to the east end. My memories of the rest of the night are sketchy.Were you on the Crown and Cushion bus. Our bus was exactly the same

JeMeSouviens
08-12-2020, 11:31 PM
Dave Beaumont. Too easy!

Or “****ing take the wee scrote down” Beaumont as I remember him. :rolleyes:

JeMeSouviens
08-12-2020, 11:32 PM
Cheers everyone. Nice that a few have reached out to me after seeing family members on them.

Photos were great, thanks for sharing.

Peevemor
09-12-2020, 06:21 AM
Or “****ing take the wee scrote down” Beaumont as I remember him. :rolleyes:The very chap!

hibby rae
09-12-2020, 10:05 AM
You should send them to Lost Edinburgh on fb. They would probably share them and credit them to you.

HH81
09-12-2020, 10:21 AM
I don't have Facebook. I got a message about them posted on Facebook but not sure which group they are posted in.

Peevemor
09-12-2020, 10:23 AM
I don't have Facebook. I got a message about them posted on Facebook but not sure which group they are posted in.

Hibernian Retro - your photos were posted on the 7th December.

https://fr-fr.facebook.com/HibernianRetro/

HH81
09-12-2020, 12:04 PM
Yes I said they could. Cheers

HH81
02-01-2021, 12:50 PM
Just posted a couple of pics from the paper printed after the final. Sad story on the front about a hibs fan that passed away on the day.

Nice to find the paper this morning, thought it had been thrown away.