PDA

View Full Version : Official HSL - Paul Hanlon joins HSL

OfficialHSL
27-10-2018, 03:33 PM
Life long Hibs supporter Paul Hanlon was delighted this week to join a number of his teammates by signing up to HSL. Paul was really keen to join and said “I wasn’t here the last time when the HSL guys were down at East Mains as my wife was having a baby. I was so pleased to get the opportunity to join up since just like any other Hibs supporter I want to do whatever I can to help my Club improve. Long after my playing days are over I’ll still be supporting my Team and I want us to have a bright future. There’s a number of players now in the dressing room who are Members and we all appreciate the extra effort that HSL Members are making. Let’s hope that more will join.”

We have had a fantastic response so far to the news about our Players supporting HSL. It’s great to see so many getting behind the cause.

We can do so much more. Remember donations are voluntary and can be stopped at any time. Also remember every donation counts. Please only donate if you can spare the cash. Donations start at just £7.73 per month.

Let’s show this team how much we appreciate them.

You can join on our web site www.hiberniansupporters.co.uk (http://www.hiberniansupporters.co.uk)

Speedway
27-10-2018, 03:35 PM
How many playing/coaching staff is that now?

cabbageandribs1875
27-10-2018, 03:47 PM
any chance we can get paypal back jim :greengrin

SirDavidsNapper
27-10-2018, 03:50 PM
Well done Paul

MB62
27-10-2018, 03:52 PM
Life long Hibs supporter Paul Hanlon was delighted this week to join a number of his teammates by signing up to HSL. Paul was really keen to join and said “I wasn’t here the last time when the HSL guys were down at East Mains as my wife was having a baby. I was so pleased to get the opportunity to join up since just like any other Hibs supporter I want to do whatever I can to help my Club improve. Long after my playing days are over I’ll still be supporting my Team and I want us to have a bright future. There’s a number of players now in the dressing room who are Members and we all appreciate the extra effort that HSL Members are making. Let’s hope that more will join.”

We have had a fantastic response so far to the news about our Players supporting HSL. It’s great to see so many getting behind the cause.

We can do so much more. Remember donations are voluntary and can be stopped at any time. Also remember every donation counts. Please only donate if you can spare the cash. Donations start at just £7.73 per month.

Let’s show this team how much we appreciate them.

You can join on our web site www.hiberniansupporters.co.uk (http://www.hiberniansupporters.co.uk)

Just signed up myself now.

GGTTH

OfficialHSL
27-10-2018, 04:54 PM
any chance we can get paypal back jim :greengrin

As you know we just recently changed from Paypal to Stripe. The reason for this was the commission rates and we understand that Stripe integrated easier with our new database than Paypal.

Was there anything in particular that Paypal helps with ? If so we can look at that.

HSL

Lancs Harp
27-10-2018, 09:13 PM
As you know we just recently changed from Paypal to Stripe. The reason for this was the commission rates and we understand that Stripe integrated easier with our new database than Paypal.

Was there anything in particular that Paypal helps with ? If so we can look at that.

HSL

Well only that many people have a paypal account. Whats stripe I have never heard of it? Perhaps you should be thinking of easy payment methods of potential investors instead of fitting in with your own database? Just a thought, marketing isnt HSLs strong point is it?

Austinho
27-10-2018, 09:13 PM

HSLI, like most people have a Paypal account, it has my details stored and I just click one button and pay. I don’t have to remember my details, and I trust it. I don’t have a Stripe account, and I’ve never heard of Stripe so won’t be signing up to it. Having to set up a direct debit for a one off donation felt really dodgy, and I had 2nd thoughts about commiting. I had to keep checking my bank account for weeks to make sure I wasn’t being overcharged. It also meant it took me several months longer to donate than it should have done - I don’t just carry my account number and sort code around with me, would have been so much easier to pay by debit card. Payment needs looked at IMO to make it as easy as possible or it will put people off.

Previous to actually donating, I’d been on your website at least 3 times with good intentions before giving up out of frustration as it was too much hassle. And I’m hardly a technophobe myself.

Iggy Pope
27-10-2018, 09:21 PM
Currently my hero but he took his time. Scott Allan pledged donkeys ago :greengrin

Pagan Hibernia
27-10-2018, 10:31 PM
Currently my hero but he took his time. Scott Allan pledged donkeys ago :greengrin

Wonder if him and McGinn are still chipping in each month

Rocky
27-10-2018, 10:44 PM
Well only that many people have a paypal account. Whats stripe I have never heard of it? Perhaps you should be thinking of easy payment methods of potential investors instead of fitting in with your own database? Just a thought, marketing isnt HSLs strong point is it?

Is there any need to adopt that tone towards volunteers who are giving their own time to help raise cash for our club? They've said that the reason for not using PayPal is so that more money goes to the club instead of into PayPal's coffers and asked for feedback on what benefit PayPal would bring - what more do you want?

Lancs Harp
27-10-2018, 10:47 PM
Is there any need to adopt that tone towards volunteers who are giving their own time to help raise cash for our club? They've said that the reason for not using PayPal is so that more money goes to the club instead of into PayPal's coffers and asked for feedback on what benefit PayPal would bring - what more do you want?

I just replied to his post mate. HSL being volunteers is part of the problem it doesnt sell itself well enough and I would like to see it succeed. This particular issue being a good example, putting ease of its own admin ahead of ease of potential investors being able to contribute.

Paypal v "stripe" ..... seriously?

Rocky
27-10-2018, 10:49 PM
I just replied to his post mate. HSL being volunteers is part of the problem it doesnt sell itself well enough and I would like to see it succeed. This particular issue being a good example, putting ease of its own admin ahead of ease of potential investors being able to contribute.

That could well be a fair point and Austinho has provided some constructive feedback. I just felt your tone was overly harsh.

Lancs Harp
27-10-2018, 10:53 PM
That could well be a fair point and Austinho has provided some constructive feedback. I just felt your tone was overly harsh.

Fair enough mate but its fair to say Im a supporter of HSL but also a critic. As you say its run by volunteers and sometimes in my eyes it shows.

Austinho
27-10-2018, 11:05 PM
That could well be a fair point and Austinho has provided some constructive feedback. I just felt your tone was overly harsh.I really feel for the person behind the OfficialHSL account - they do a fantastic job of promoting HSL on here, despite every thread descending into criticism about it. But I do also agree with the original poster - the frustration on here is borne out of everyone’s wish to see HSL do well, but ultimately falling short in several areas.

Marketing certainly isn’t a strong point of HSL, even the logo on the website is ‘Hibernian 1875 Supporters’ and it all seems a bit disjointed. Neil Lennon and Paul Hanlon backing HSL in the last week is fantastic, but how big is the audience on Hibs.net? Why aren’t the club tweeting/facebooking/instagramming this news? In fact, why are the club barely behind it at all? As another user pointed out, there should be advertising hoardings all around Easter Road. Seems the only people taking it seriously are the poor volunteers (which I’m very grateful for) themselves.

Beefster
28-10-2018, 06:26 AM
If anyone is worried about using Stripe, don’t be. They’re ****ing huge, albeit not as big as PayPal. Not sure of the specific features that HSL is using but Stripe is a well established company.

Viva_Palmeiras
28-10-2018, 07:02 AM
Fair enough mate but its fair to say Im a supporter of HSL but also a critic. As you say its run by volunteers and sometimes in my eyes it shows.

Run by volunteers.

It is worth remembering. And I don’t thing folks should underestimate the challenge of getting something that is supported led off the ground.

I wonder if there is some implications for the club promoting it. Support donations and the tax associated (or not) probably requires a clear separation?

Phil MaGlass
28-10-2018, 07:57 AM
Should have a sign up booth/table under each stand every home game.

OfficialHSL
28-10-2018, 11:05 AM
how many playing/coaching staff is that now?

hsl