PDA

View Full Version : Glen Hoddle

ekhibee
27-10-2018, 02:25 PM
Apparently taken seriously ill after interview on Sky Sports. Just announced on Sportsound and Radio 5 live.

Scouse Hibee
27-10-2018, 02:26 PM
Collapsed in the BT sport studio, critically ill.
BT have cancelled their afternoon score show.

hibee
27-10-2018, 02:27 PM
Sounds like it was while he was working at the BT studios, they’ve cancelled their results show because of it and on his 61st birthday too.

Wish him a speedy recovery.

Sir David Gray
27-10-2018, 02:34 PM
Must be something he's done in a past life.

The 90+2
27-10-2018, 02:35 PM

Shan as anything.

PeeKay
27-10-2018, 02:39 PM
Shan as anything.

But it's only stating what Hoddle himself believes to be true, no?

Sir David Gray
27-10-2018, 02:44 PM
Shan as anything.

Why? My comment's quite tame compared to some of the stuff that's said on here about Wallace Mercer.

As a disabled person, I have absolutely no respect for Glenn Hoddle. He made comments which I found personally offensive and extremely hurtful.

Bangkok Hibby
27-10-2018, 02:45 PM
But it's only stating what Hoddle himself believes to be true, no?

He is a firm believer in reincarnation and rewards or atonement for previous lives.

lyonhibs
27-10-2018, 02:49 PM
He's slavered some absolute pish in the past, both on football topics and not, but I hope he makes a full recovery here.

Bangkok Hibby
27-10-2018, 02:49 PM
Why? My comment's quite tame compared to some of the stuff that's said on here about Wallace Mercer.

As a disabled person, I have absolutely no respect for Glenn Hoddle. He made comments which I found personally offensive and extremely hurtful.

I wouldn't wish anybody any harm but that's a fair comment.

H18 SFR
27-10-2018, 02:51 PM

Very hard to argue with your thoughts.

MWHIBBIES
27-10-2018, 02:51 PM

Anyone who think like that is a bit of a moron. Not worth being personally offended over. Best laughed at.

Scouse Hibee
27-10-2018, 02:54 PM

And I’m sure you thought his comments were nonsense so poor choice to use the same ones surely.

Phil MaGlass
27-10-2018, 02:56 PM
We all carry baggage and regret things we have said in the past. Some believe what what they are saying to be gospel. Takes all sorts. Wish him a speedy recovery

jacomo
27-10-2018, 02:58 PM
Shan as anything.

Brutal but on point.

If words mean anything - in this age of Trump and Brexit, I’m not sure - then people can surely expect to have their own words repeated back to them?

I wish Hoddle no ill but his words in the past have caused enormous upset to people and it’s inevitable there might be an echo of them now.

A Hi-Bee
27-10-2018, 02:58 PM
Goog luck to the guy, dont care if he is an arse.

Liam978
27-10-2018, 03:03 PM
And I’m sure you thought his comments were nonsense so poor choice to use the same ones surely.

Spot on Scouse.

CMurdoch
27-10-2018, 03:05 PM

I must be honest and admit that thought came immediately to mind when I heard about Hoddle falling ill.

Sir David Gray
27-10-2018, 03:14 PM

I do think it's nonsense but it's a concept that Hoddle seems to strongly believe in so if he recovers I'm sure he'll have some soul searching to do about what he's done in a past life.

That's all I was pointing out, it's just ironic.

Smartie
27-10-2018, 03:15 PM

I thought his comments were appalling and I can fully understand why you feel the way you do, but do you not consider this to be an opportunity to be a bigger and better human being than he could ever be?

NAE NOOKIE
27-10-2018, 03:17 PM
I can fully understand why some folk are going down the 'karma' route … given human nature its perfectly understandable. For my part the bottom line is the guy was a sublime footballer and I wish him a full and speedy recovery.

gringojoe
27-10-2018, 03:24 PM
He should come back as a dung beatle for Diamond Lights if he pops his clogs

NORTHERNHIBBY
27-10-2018, 03:28 PM
Hope that he pulls through. Might not have been the best time to cast up the previous life comments but I suppose that they are his beliefs first.

Sir David Gray
27-10-2018, 03:33 PM
I thought his comments were appalling and I can fully understand why you feel the way you do, but do you not consider this to be an opportunity to be a bigger and better human being than he could ever be?

I don't particularly wish him any ill health or death or anything of that nature. I just won't be joining in with any good luck messages.

I thought it was worthwhile pointing out the ridiculous views that he has expressed towards those who have very serious disabilities and illnesses. I don't believe Glenn Hoddle has upset anyone in a past life. I believe you only get one chance at life and for people to get one shot and to be born with a severe disability is bad enough. To have ignorant prats like Glenn Hoddle trying to suggest that it's something that person has brought on themselves is one of the most hurtful things I've ever heard.

Perhaps if he does recover from this illness it might allow him to have some perspective and realise the hurt and offence he has caused to many people.

weecounty hibby
27-10-2018, 04:15 PM
I have to say that when he first came out with those comments I thought he was a bit of a James Hunt and really most sensible folk thought he was a bit of a moron for expressing that opinion. Having since had a daughter who has a disability with pretty complex issues I look at her and just think the above X100. An incredibly ignorant thing to say and I would hope that he is in a very very small minority of people who believe that kind of ****. If those are still his beliefs no doubt he will be thinking about what he has done in a past life to be taken seriously ill at the youngish age of 61.

Shearer
27-10-2018, 04:15 PM

Show some class,FFS

Here’s Lucy!
27-10-2018, 04:23 PM
All the best to him.

I'm sure many (most?) on here have made comments in the past that they have regretted at a later stage, and certainly wouldn't expect to be cast up upon falling ill.

lyonhibs
27-10-2018, 04:25 PM
Show some class,FFS

You mean like Hoddle did? Man holds some moronic and outright offensive beliefs. Him falling ill doesn't change that.

I hope he makes a full recovery and maybe a brush with his maker might bring his ****ty beliefs into sharp contrast for him to reconsider them.

Shearer
27-10-2018, 04:30 PM
You mean like Hoddle did? Man holds some moronic and outright offensive beliefs. Him falling ill doesn't change that.

I hope he makes a full recovery and maybe a brush with his maker might bring his ****ty beliefs into sharp contrast for him to reconsider them.
Not really the point though is it? He has a family like everyone else. Taking a cheap shot at him like you’ve done just makes you look like a fanny.

Sir David Gray
27-10-2018, 04:31 PM
Show some class,FFS

I'm more than comfortable with the comments I've made on this thread.

Pretty Boy
27-10-2018, 04:32 PM
It's easy for people to say 'turn the other cheek' or 'don't stoop to that level' when the comments in question aren't directly targeted at your, for lack of a better word, situation.

Glenn Hoddle is entitled to believe whatever he likes. Others are entitled to challenge his views and throw them back at him. Some may argue it's in poor taste but no more so than his initial comments; they were about people who may well have been as critically ill as he is now.

I wish him well and hope he makes a full recovery, I also absolutely understand why others find that hard to do.

bingo70
27-10-2018, 04:37 PM
I can’t remember how his original comments came about but ultimately if that’s what he believes he’s entitled to that belief, even if most people in their right mind would disagree with it.

I’m not aware of him trying to force his opinions on anyone or trying to persuade them to his way of thinking so for me he can think what he wants.

I wish him well as I would pretty much anyone who is seriously ill.

hibsbollah
27-10-2018, 04:42 PM

:agree:

hibsbollah
27-10-2018, 04:44 PM
I can’t remember how his original comments came about but ultimately if that’s what he believes he’s entitled to that belief, even if most people in their right mind would disagree with it.

I’m not aware of him trying to force his opinions on anyone or trying to persuade them to his way of thinking so for me he can think what he wants.

I wish him well as I would pretty much anyone who is seriously ill.

There are some beliefs that people are NOT entitled to hold in a civilised society. Hoddle got off extremely lightly for what he said, how he was rehabilitated and got a TV gig again i'm not sure.

Sir David Gray
27-10-2018, 04:46 PM
I'll use the same argument that others on here have made towards me on certain issues in the past.

You can't really comment, criticise me or fully understand the hurt that Hoddle's comments caused to people like myself unless it directly affects you.

If anyone criticising my comments ever has the misfortune of having a child born with a disability then you'll understand how hurtful these comments actually were.

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
27-10-2018, 04:51 PM

You should probably steer clear of buddhism then...

hibsbollah
27-10-2018, 04:54 PM

Theres actually nothing in traditional Buddhism, or any major world religion, that suggests that physical disability is a revisiting of past sins. Its just a very stupid and offensive interpretation of karma.

Allant1981
27-10-2018, 04:54 PM
I'll use the same argument that others on here have made towards me on certain issues in the past.

You can't really comment, criticise me or fully understand the hurt that Hoddle's comments caused to people like myself unless it directly affects you.

If anyone criticising my comments ever has the misfortune of having a child born with a disability then you'll understand how hurtful these comments actually were.

i have a nephew who was born with only half his upper limbs, not my child ill grant you this but im very very close to him, doesnt mean i would come out with a similar comment as yourself but each to their own, hoddle came out with a very strange statement but again thats his belief rightly or wrongly

Shearer
27-10-2018, 04:56 PM
Some sad people on here. I disagree with almost all his views but people not caring about his health or using his strange views against him is just sad. Poor excuse to boot the boot in.

Always easy to play the hard man

hibee316
27-10-2018, 04:56 PM

Hmmmm....

Not sure you are correct there.

Here’s Lucy!
27-10-2018, 05:01 PM

Debatable.

Lago
27-10-2018, 05:03 PM
Some sad people on here. I disagree with almost all his views but people not caring about his health or using his strange views against him is just sad. Poor excuse to boot the boot in.

Always easy to play the hard man

Unfortunately more & more that's the type of views being expressed in relation to many aspects of life.

Here’s Lucy!
27-10-2018, 05:05 PM
Unfortunately more & more that's the type of views being expressed in relation to many aspects of life.

Couldn't agree more:aok:

weecounty hibby
27-10-2018, 05:07 PM

Don't think you're right there. Reincarnation yes, reincarnation with some form of disability as a punishment, I don't think so

bingo70
27-10-2018, 05:09 PM
There are some beliefs that people are NOT entitled to hold in a civilised society. Hoddle got off extremely lightly for what he said, how he was rehabilitated and got a TV gig again i'm not sure.

Disagree.

People are entitled to believe whatever they want. I’ve got a problem with people preaching beliefs or trying to force their beliefs on other people but if someone wants to believe x,y or z behind their own closed doors that’s nobodies business but theirs in my opinion.

As I said earlier I can’t remember how it came out that he held these beliefs but I don’t think he goes around preaching it.

Sir David Gray
27-10-2018, 05:15 PM
i have a nephew who was born with only half his upper limbs, not my child ill grant you this but im very very close to him, doesnt mean i would come out with a similar comment as yourself but each to their own, hoddle came out with a very strange statement but again thats his belief rightly or wrongly

A belief is something everyone is entitled to and I would always defend a person's right to hold such beliefs.

However having the right to hold a belief does not mean that you are beyond reproach and when your beliefs have an impact on others to such an extent that you are causing a great amount of offence and hurt to many people, it shouldn't come as a surprise to have those beliefs used against you.

weecounty hibby
27-10-2018, 05:17 PM
Disagree.

People are entitled to believe whatever they want. I’ve got a problem with people preaching beliefs or trying to force their beliefs on other people but if someone wants to believe x,y or z behind their own closed doors that’s nobodies business but theirs in my opinion.

As I said earlier I can’t remember how it came out that he held these beliefs but I don’t think he goes around preaching it.
I agree with you that your beliefs are your own and entitled to hold them. From memory it was a couple of different interviews he gave where he said it, radio and print I think. So in effect preaching.

bingo70
27-10-2018, 05:20 PM
I agree with you that your beliefs are your own and entitled to hold them. From memory it was a couple of different interviews he gave where he said it, radio and print I think. So in effect preaching.

Fair enough, I thought it was maybe one of these ‘stings’ by a Sunday paper. Was a long time ago though so if he’s gone 20 years or so without mentioning it publicly I can cut him a bit slack tbh.

Completely understand SDG’s view though for what it’s worth.

lapsedhibee
27-10-2018, 05:31 PM
Em, wrongly.

Allant1981
27-10-2018, 05:32 PM
Em, wrongly.

i agree completely but its his belief and he is entitled to it

Jim44
27-10-2018, 05:59 PM
When somebody like Hoddle, who has publicly made some crass and offensive statements, becomes ill, the best thing is to maintain a polite and inoffensive silence.

The 90+2
27-10-2018, 06:06 PM

You made it personal against a guy fighting for his life, although wrong and offends a lot of people including yourself as you’ve said then it’s a shocker of a mindset he has but basically laughing at a guy fighting for his life with family and friends who will not have any of they kind of opinions is shocking

The 90+2
27-10-2018, 06:08 PM
Fair enough, I thought it was maybe one of these ‘stings’ by a Sunday paper. Was a long time ago though so if he’s gone 20 years or so without mentioning it publicly I can cut him a bit slack tbh.

Completely understand SDG’s view though for what it’s worth.

Basically s******ing at a man thought to be dying isn’t acceptable based on comments. Maybe if he had killed his mum or was behind disability then I can see that point of view but it’s completely uncalled for to kind of get it up someone who is fighting for their lives.

J-C
27-10-2018, 06:15 PM
He said disabled people were like that due to a bad past life, it upset many people at the time and cost him his managerial career. I have no gripe with Hoddle and what he said at the time, I seen it as a bit of a weirdo bampot with extreme views losing his job and credibility. I can see the viewpoint that due to these extreme views some will see it as a huge piece of Karma. I hope he recovers quickly but totally understand some people's reaction.

HUTCHYHIBBY
27-10-2018, 06:16 PM
Who is laughing/s******ing at the situation?

Hibbyradge
27-10-2018, 06:20 PM
i agree completely but its his belief and he is entitled to it

He is, and people are entitled to throw those views back in his face.

The Modfather
27-10-2018, 06:23 PM

I don’t think anyone disagrees with that. My opinion, for what it’s worth, is that upon it being announced that he is critically ill, that’s not the time or place to throw his views back at him.

Sir David Gray
27-10-2018, 06:31 PM
You made it personal against a guy fighting for his life, although wrong and offends a lot of people including yourself as you’ve said then it’s a shocker of a mindset he has but basically laughing at a guy fighting for his life with family and friends who will not have any of they kind of opinions is shocking

I didn't laugh or pass comment on the fact that he is fighting for his life. I was commenting on the irony of his own comments about how he believes that people acquire disabilities/illnesses because of bad things they have done in a past life and how he's now the one who is seriously ill.

That's all.

Peevemor
27-10-2018, 06:31 PM
Like most other people I strongly disagree with Hoddle's karma statements, but in his defence he wasn't preaching or trying to force his ideology on others. He was being interviewed and was speaking about his personal beliefs, something he was entitled to do (although being in one of the most high profile jobs in the country, he would have been better avoiding the subject).

lord bunberry
27-10-2018, 06:34 PM
I don't particularly wish him any ill health or death or anything of that nature. I just won't be joining in with any good luck messages.

I thought it was worthwhile pointing out the ridiculous views that he has expressed towards those who have very serious disabilities and illnesses. I don't believe Glenn Hoddle has upset anyone in a past life. I believe you only get one chance at life and for people to get one shot and to be born with a severe disability is bad enough. To have ignorant prats like Glenn Hoddle trying to suggest that it's something that person has brought on themselves is one of the most hurtful things I've ever heard.

Perhaps if he does recover from this illness it might allow him to have some perspective and realise the hurt and offence he has caused to many people.

I 100% agree with you. He suggested that people with disabilities were in some way responsible for having their disability.
It was a pathetic comment to make.

Allant1981
27-10-2018, 06:36 PM

i didnt say they werent

lord bunberry
27-10-2018, 06:39 PM
If he still believes in what he said he will be thinking the same as many are saying.

Eyrie
27-10-2018, 07:05 PM
I didn't laugh or pass comment on the fact that he is fighting for his life. I was commenting on the irony of his own comments about how he believes that people acquire disabilities/illnesses because of bad things they have done in a past life and how he's now the one who is seriously ill.

That's all.

Had anyone else made your initial comment then it would have been in poor taste.

But since you said it, it was well said.

The 90+2
27-10-2018, 07:26 PM

That's all.

You’re remark about past life based on his past comments was a complete get it up him s****** comment.

Sergey
27-10-2018, 07:31 PM
One thing's for sure - he ain't any great loss to the ITV commentary team. He is the very reason remotes have a 'MUTE' function.

Scouse Hibee
27-10-2018, 07:31 PM
You’re remark about past life based on his past comments was a complete get it up him s****** comment.

I think SDG has said more than enough to explain why he made the comment he did, can't really disagree with his responses to be honest.

HUTCHYHIBBY
27-10-2018, 07:43 PM

I really don't think it was but, SDG has already provided enough insight to explain his position.

Mcpakeisgod
27-10-2018, 07:52 PM
What a bunch of ********s. Get well soon Glenn

lord bunberry
27-10-2018, 07:56 PM

You have to ask why this has happened to him.

Scouse Hibee
27-10-2018, 07:57 PM

Get well soon Glen would have sufficed surely.

Lago
27-10-2018, 08:02 PM
You have to ask why this has happened to him.
Illness can happen to anyone, even you, and sometimes unexpectedly.

Captain Trips
27-10-2018, 08:06 PM
I always like his match analysis so wish him well.

lord bunberry
27-10-2018, 08:10 PM
Illness can happen to anyone, even you, and sometimes unexpectedly.

Yes but according to glen it happens because you have done something wrong in a previous life.
I hope he makes a full recovery, but he’s made a rod for his own back with his previous statements. According to him everything happens for a reason.

Lago
27-10-2018, 08:13 PM
Yes but according to glen it happens because you have done something wrong in a previous life.
I hope he makes a full recovery, but he’s made a rod for his own back with his previous statements. According to him everything happens for a reason.
Yes & perhaps he will reflect on that, hopefully, but I wouldn't wish poor health on anyone.

Scouse Hibee
27-10-2018, 08:17 PM
Yes & perhaps he will reflect on that, hopefully, but I wouldn't wish poor health on anyone.

And neither has anyone on this thread as far as I can see.

CMurdoch
27-10-2018, 08:59 PM
I understand SDG's comments.
It is okay for Hoddle to have had the opinions he voiced so publicly but he should have kept them private on the grounds that he must have known they would be massively hurtful to others.
There will be no posters on this thread including SDG who would not wish him to make a full recovery and the comments on here won't reach into the world as his did.
There is a massive bit of me that would like to see him interviewed about his views when he is fully recovered (just as I would like Ian Durrant interviewed on Sportsound).

Sir David Gray
27-10-2018, 09:12 PM
I understand SDG's comments.
It is okay for Hoddle to have had the opinions he voiced so publicly but he should have kept them private on the grounds that he must have known they would be massively hurtful to others.
There will be no posters on this thread including SDG who would not wish him to make a full recovery and the comments on here won't reach into the world as his did.
There is a massive bit of me that would like to see him interviewed about his views when he is fully recovered (just as I would like Ian Durrant interviewed on Sportsound).

I do as well. I actually hope he does fully recover so that he can be quizzed on that very subject. Hopefully this might be a watershed moment for him and an opportunity for him to make up for the hurt he's caused.

Unfortunately I don't think the media will ever cover this topic and will gloss over this very relevant discussion.

CMurdoch
27-10-2018, 09:29 PM
I do as well. I actually hope he does fully recover so that he can be quizzed on that very subject. Hopefully this might be a watershed moment for him and an opportunity for him to make up for the hurt he's caused.

Unfortunately I don't think the media will ever cover this topic and will gloss over this very relevant discussion.

I have no doubts that someone will but probably not in an interview with the man himself.
First things first, hope he recovers.

The 90+2
27-10-2018, 09:36 PM
I think SDG has said more than enough to explain why he made the comment he did, can't really disagree with his responses to be honest.

Fair play to you and hutchy, just calling it as I seen it. I seen it as a poster hurt about comments about Hoddles comments on karma and disability and being hurt and then a kind of get their own back. What Hoddle said about disability at the time was shocking, I remember my mother raging as my little brother has a disability but...there’s still need for compassion for a guy and his family. Anyway, end of debate for me chaos I’m probably wrong and I’m sorry to David Gray, Sir if I’ve picked you up wrong. There’s no need to have a chip on your shoulder though, life doesn’t last that long.

lyonhibs
27-10-2018, 10:55 PM
Not really the point though is it? He has a family like everyone else. Taking a cheap shot at him like you’ve done just makes you look like a fanny.

Like I say, I hope he makes a full recovery.

stoneyburn hibs
28-10-2018, 12:07 AM
3 pages and mostly long time poster throbbers telling us the ethics of this world.
Best wishes to Hoddle

Time For Heroes
28-10-2018, 12:22 AM
3 pages and mostly long time poster throbbers telling us the ethics of this world.
Best wishes to Hoddle

Best wishes Glenn

SirDavidsNapper
28-10-2018, 12:38 AM
Life and health nore important than anything. Including football. Get well soon Glenn.

Lancs Harp
28-10-2018, 12:55 AM
Bit of a sad football day. First Glenn Hoddle, the helicopter crash and a fan collapsed and died at the Brighton game.

Best wishes to all concerned

MWHIBBIES
28-10-2018, 08:41 AM
Maybe his poor comments all those years ago are the reason for this to happen to him?

Or perhaps none of it matters and daft comments really shouldn't be taken seriously. A man is dying and people are trying to score points.

I honestly cannot fathom how his comments could offend anyone. I suffered with chronic fatigue syndrome for many years and his comments don't bother me. I actually think they're so stupid it's funny. Whenever I stub my toe or spill my drink I think I must've sinned in a former life.

It's obviously utter bull****. Made up nonsense, physically impossible, spouted by someone who isn't educated on much other than football. Reincarnation doesn't exist so obviously no one is being punished for anything. It's absurd and hilarious that someone believes such *****.

His life and health are what is important. His ignorant but ultimately harmless beliefs really aren't.

(If you believe in reincarnation and are offended by my post I apologize. You are allowed to believe whatever makes you happy because ultimately that's what matters. Always preferred the science route myself)

Bangkok Hibby
28-10-2018, 09:54 AM

Unfortunately people who hold these views are unshakeable. If he lives and is ever questioned he'll have some "not my time" comment and I doubt very much he, or others like him will ever change.

Hibbyradge
28-10-2018, 10:28 AM
I'm not stating an opinion, but here's a question.

Why should people we have no respect for, or even hate, deserve respect if they are dying?

People in America have parties on the night some criminals are executed.

lord bunberry
28-10-2018, 10:34 AM
I'm not stating an opinion, but here's a question.

Why should people we have no respect for, or even hate, deserve respect if they are dying?

People in America have parties on the night some criminals are executed.
I think it depends on how strong your opinion is of the person dying. Disliking a football player or celebrity wouldn’t be comparable to a criminal who has done something which has harmed you or your family.
I think people are able to take a step back and see things for what they are when someone is dying.

Dalianwanda
28-10-2018, 10:50 AM
If we go around spreading anything other than compassion, love & connection were doing the world a disservice (this doesn't apply to The Rangers fans by the way, fire in)..

Get well soon Glen..

Sammy7nil
28-10-2018, 10:53 AM
I think it depends on how strong your opinion is of the person dying. Disliking a football player or celebrity wouldn’t be comparable to a criminal who has done something which has harmed you or your family.
I think people are able to take a step back and see things for what they are when someone is dying.

:agree:

tamig
28-10-2018, 11:14 AM

Well said. I celebrate the passing of the FTB at any opportunity.

Lago
28-10-2018, 12:00 PM
[QUOTE=Scouse Hibby;5586251]And neither has anyone on this thread as far as I can see.[/QUOTE
Where did I say they had ? Please don't put words into my mouth, fig speaking.

NORTHERNHIBBY
28-10-2018, 12:08 PM
Hopefully he will recover and get better, but there is point about what goes around comes around. If he asks the doctor for a diagnosis and gets told it is because of what he did in a previous life, then he will have to accept that.

Bangkok Hibby
28-10-2018, 12:30 PM
Theres actually nothing in traditional Buddhism, or any major world religion, that suggests that physical disability is a revisiting of past sins. Its just a very stupid and offensive interpretation of karma.

Exactly, "Buddhism" especially Theravada Buddhism is a twisted and over inflated interpretation of the teachings of the Buddha Siddharta Gautama

Tornadoes70
28-10-2018, 12:31 PM
An outstanding football player. Hope he recovers.

Mon the Cabbage!!!

:flag:

Bangkok Hibby
28-10-2018, 12:32 PM
Don't think you're right there. Reincarnation yes, reincarnation with some form of disability as a punishment, I don't think so

Buddhim says nothing about punishment but many Buddhists accept it as fact.

28-10-2018, 01:38 PM
Sad day all round for the football community between that and the Leiscter helicopter crash. Hope he is receiving the treatment he needs and makes a speedy recovery.

CMurdoch
28-10-2018, 03:07 PM
Sad day all round for the football community between that and the Leiscter helicopter crash. Hope he is receiving the treatment he needs and makes a speedy recovery.

Like your Leicester spelling :wink:

Scouse Hibee
28-10-2018, 03:15 PM
[QUOTE=Scouse Hibby;5586251]And neither has anyone on this thread as far as I can see.[/QUOTE
Where did I say they had ? Please don't put words into my mouth, fig speaking.

Behave yourself, I answered your post and didn’t imply you had so stop being ridiculous.

hibsbollah
28-10-2018, 03:23 PM
Exactly, "Buddhism" especially Theravada Buddhism is a twisted and over inflated interpretation of the teachings of the Buddha Siddharta Gautama

Im loving the monotheistic twist this thread has taken :faf: what have I started.

pollution
28-10-2018, 04:44 PM
All the best to him.

I'm sure many (most?) on here have made comments in the past that they have regretted at a later stage, and certainly wouldn't expect to be cast up upon falling ill.

We all have said things we did not really mean and hurt people we know.

Hoddle, on the other hand meant what he said and the consequences of his words disgusted million.

Nor did ne apologise or back track.

As for a fellow Hibby to tell a disabled Hibby to show class.....really.

Lago
28-10-2018, 04:51 PM
[QUOTE=Lago;5586633]

Behave yourself, I answered your post and didn’t imply you had so stop being ridiculous.
Woosh

Scouse Hibee
28-10-2018, 06:23 PM
[QUOTE=Scouse Hibby;5587301]
Woosh

Great U turn.

Lago
28-10-2018, 06:37 PM
[QUOTE=Lago;5587473]

Great U turn.

Woosh:na na:

Lago
30-10-2018, 08:55 AM
Pleased to hear that Biddle is out of intensive care & steadily improving in hospital. He certainly owes the chap who used his first aid skills on him until para medics arrived a big thank you.