PDA

View Full Version : Kilmarnock need to have a word with themselves (NHC)

worcesterhibby
26-10-2018, 12:12 PM
Kilmarnock are complaining that the head of referees has pointed out that their player dived to win a penalty against Dundee. They are asking for a "Full Investigation" Despite the fact that he did dive and they didn't appeal against the verdict which it was first handed out.

Everyone knows it was a terrible, blatant dive. The defender never touched him. Not only that but it won them the game against Dundee unfairly.

I actually hope the SFA slap a massive fine on Kilmarnock for bringing the game into disrepute...what are they even on about ? We need to get diving out of the game and clubs denying what is clear for all to see is just pathetic.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45966649

CMurdoch
26-10-2018, 12:21 PM
Yeah, they should call them out on it.
Shameless statement.
Deflection seems to be the modern way even when blatantly caught out.

Peevemor
26-10-2018, 12:31 PM
I agree with Killie on this one. Their player denies diving and they accept that, but they decided that there was no way to prove this so they didn't appeal the decision.

Someone saying that they can't prove that God exists, isn't the same as their saying that he doesn't.

Fleming is putting words in their mouth which can only lead to more ill feeling.

oldbutdim
26-10-2018, 12:31 PM
Can’t see what they have done wrong. They said they didn’t appeal because they felt they didn’t have sufficient evidence to win an appeal.
They never agreed with the decision and the player denied diving.

The evidence is clear to everyone that he dived (in my opinion) but it’s true that Killie never accepted it and they are just sticking to that fact.

Tynie01011973
26-10-2018, 12:36 PM
Don't see what's wrong with complaining about the Head of Referees replying to a Dundee fans forum basically saying he was guilty because the Club did not challenge the decision.

HoR has overstepped his remit regardless of whether or not it was a dive.

IMHO

ancient hibee
26-10-2018, 12:52 PM
Don’t think he has overstepped the Mark.The Dundee Supporters we’re basically accusing the referee of giving Killie a penalty because his dad played for them-cheating in other words.Fleming was pointing out that the penalty was given because the player deliberately deceived the referee.Seems perfectly fair

BlackSheep
26-10-2018, 01:10 PM
Nope. Killie are well within their rights here... they have not challenged the decision against the dive as they know they wouldn’t win it, not that are admitting it was a dive. Their stance is that while the player may have played for a penalty, looking to be fouled and going down easy, when the contact never came there was no protest... it was at this time the referee’s decision to give a penalty...

The HoR imhas used the opportunity given to him to try and remove any blame from the official by moving the focus back to the players actions and away from the referee’s poor judgement of the situation.

Onceinawhile
26-10-2018, 01:17 PM
Kris Boyd is on tv every week offering (often negative) opinions on other players. Have Killie issued a statement about that?

Lago
26-10-2018, 02:42 PM
Some people easily offended these days.

NORTHERNHIBBY
26-10-2018, 03:02 PM
Some people easily offended these days.

Some players are easily upended too.

Treadstone
26-10-2018, 03:31 PM
Kris Boyd is on tv every week offering (often negative) opinions on other players. Have Killie issued a statement about that?

Darryl Broadfoot saying the same thing on Twitter although saying how much he admires him in the same sentence. Gives me the pure boak.

Alex Trager
26-10-2018, 05:07 PM
When we played them at the end of last season i found them to be like Aberdeen.

Niggly fouls all over the park. Kicking the ball away. 2/3 in the ref’s ear for every foul.

Clarke has turned them that way, as far as i can tell anyway.

They really wind me up at times.

Lago
26-10-2018, 06:36 PM
:greengrin
Some players are easily upended too.

GreenOnions
27-10-2018, 08:40 AM
I think Stevie Clarke is an excellent coach but his general comments this season about referees etc have lowered my opinion of him and his credibility.

He made a huge deal earlier in the season about the number of decisions that had gone against Killie. Every week he went on about it when he spoke to the press and eventually he managed to make it a real talking point in the media how they'd been badly done by. He'd even taken the time to work out where they'd be in the league had they won extra points via better decisions.

Killie then beat Celtic at home with a last minute goal having survived a completely blatant foul on Boyata in the Killie box with the game at 1-1. Did Clarke see the incident? No.

Then there's the Dundee game where Jordan Jones clearly dives to earn three points for Killie. Did Clarke see it? No.

It's expected that managers will talk up their own team. But he made such a huge fuss about decisions against his team and then failed to see any of the obviously wrong decisions that helped his team. Wenger-esque total hypocrisy.

This debate about Jones is just Killie defending themselves. However - it's a case of a guilty person that's been found not guilty in court claiming the moral high ground because he was not convicted. Ongoing poor show IMHO. They're becoming like The Rangers.

BILLYHIBS
27-10-2018, 09:35 AM
Probably went some of the way to costing Neil McCann his job though some will say he was doomed anyway

oldbutdim
27-10-2018, 11:24 AM
He was doomed anyway.
:greengrin

The gossip was that he was another Terry Butcher who thought he'd inspire greater efforts by lambasting the players at every opportunity, then apologising every now and then for his 'overreactions'.
Sounds like a bit of a dafty with small man syndrome.

Doubt he'll be missed by the Dee fans - or players.

cabbageandribs1875
27-10-2018, 02:18 PM
This debate about Jones is just Killie defending themselves. However - it's a case of a guilty person that's been found not guilty in court claiming the moral high ground because he was not convicted. Ongoing poor show IMHO. They're becoming like The Rangers.

listening to their fans on their last few visits i've certainly heard the similarities

CMurdoch
27-10-2018, 04:05 PM
listening to their fans on their last few visits i've certainly heard the similarities

The well-kent tune is Marching Through Georgia, written in 1865 by Henry Clay Work at the end of the American Civil War.

Many football fans in the UK use this tune, including those of Manchester United. Killie fans’ version of this song is neither sectarian nor bigoted (unlike the Rangers fans’ version).
Singing about being “up to our knees in Ayr blood” may be distasteful but it has no religious or bigoted connotations.

where'stheslope
27-10-2018, 08:44 PM
Steve Clarke was in the papers this morning asking for VAR, using the money clubs received from UEFA for last season?
I've just watched their game on BBC Alba and in 17 minutes Roddie MacDonald looks to push the ball out from behind the goal line!
Wonder if he'll be of the same opinion now, or maybe come out and say it should've been a goal!!!
He's a good coach, but he's very pro his team, and the world is against them!!!!

worcesterhibby
29-10-2018, 09:29 PM
I agree with Killie on this one. Their player denies diving and they accept that, but they decided that there was no way to prove this so they didn't appeal the decision.

Someone saying that they can't prove that God exists, isn't the same as their saying that he doesn't.

Fleming is putting words in their mouth which can only lead to more ill feeling.

Yes, but their player DID dive. The defender was nowhere near him. How can they accept his explanation that he didn't dive, when he quite obviously did ? If I go and punch Steve Clarke in the face, but tell him that I didn't, do you think he would accept that too ? The reason that there was no way to prove that he didn't dive IS BECAUSE HE DID DIVE. You can't prove god exists, but you can prove the cheating little git dived..because there is obvious TV evidence.

The world has gone Nuts. The panel looked at the footage and decided he dived. Steve Clarke looked at the footage and decided it wasn't worth appealing (Because it was an obvious dive). Referee says that he dived and suddenly they are all outraged and want a "full investigation".

HE DIVED, HE DIVED, HE DIVED !!!!!! stop faking outrage, shut up and tell your players to stop cheating!

Spike Mandela
30-10-2018, 05:57 AM
Morelos blatantly kicked a boy and the panel let him off, Naismith blatantly kicked a boy and let him off etc etc.

The SFA panel doesn't deal in truth and logic. I think every club should be more like Kilmarnock and kick against the system.

JimBHibees
30-10-2018, 06:38 AM
The well-kent tune is Marching Through Georgia, written in 1865 by Henry Clay Work at the end of the American Civil War.

Many football fans in the UK use this tune, including those of Manchester United. Killie fans’ version of this song is neither sectarian nor bigoted (unlike the Rangers fans’ version).
Singing about being “up to our knees in Ayr blood” may be distasteful but it has no religious or bigoted connotations.

Nail on the head dont know why some seem to struggle with this they have sung that song for years.

Carheenlea
30-10-2018, 08:35 AM

Nail on the head dont know why some seem to struggle with this they have sung that song for years.

If it was a version of Henry Clay Work’s composition then fair enough, but I’d guess their take on the song is more of the Hunnish version than Work’s 1865 Civil War stomper.

cabbageandribs1875
30-10-2018, 10:18 AM

i've been well aware of that for a few decades now ta, but thanks for the reminder :cb i'l be more specific, their 'TUNE book' is very much like the one from the sevco tune book, can they not think up any tunes of their own

jacomo
30-10-2018, 01:13 PM
i've been well aware of that for a few decades now ta, but thanks for the reminder :cb i'l be more specific, their 'TUNE book' is very much like the one from the sevco tune book, can they not think up any tunes of their own

Hardly a big deal is it?

When we complain about the Rangers songs, we’re not objecting to the melodies.