PDA

View Full Version : Munich football teams

LustForLeith
26-10-2018, 05:16 AM
Hi,

I’m away to see Munich play Düsseldorf on the 24 Of November. We’re there from the Friday to the Sunday and I was wondering if there’s any other teams within the area that play? I’m useless with geography! Hoping to maybe a catch angame on the Friday for instance it’s it’s possible and relatively short distance!

vein
26-10-2018, 05:34 AM
Augsburg was the suggestion of my German neighbour when I went to Munich last year mate. I didn’t end up going but did have a look at trains and it looked fairly easy to get to.

St Pauli Hibee
26-10-2018, 05:44 AM
1860 Munich (3.Liga) play at Grunwalder Stadion.
FC Augsburg (Bundesliga) 35 Min Train ride play at WWK Arena
Ingolstadt (2.Liga) 45 min train ride play at Audi Sportpark
Unterhaching (3.Liga) 20 min on train play at Alpenbauer Sportpark

There probably are more teams but these are my suggestions

Enjoy,
SPH

bingo70
26-10-2018, 06:50 AM
Hi,

I’m away to see Munich play Düsseldorf on the 24 Of November. We’re there from the Friday to the Sunday and I was wondering if there’s any other teams within the area that play? I’m useless with geography! Hoping to maybe a catch angame on the Friday for instance it’s it’s possible and relatively short distance!

Munich is class mate, Can’t answer your question directly but the bundesliga website and google maps can be your friend here.

Sorry for the thread hijack but on a similar note we’ve booked up to go to Düsseldorf in February, our options may be altered by TV games (I think it’s about a month in advanced their released in Germany?) but right now it’s looking like we’ll have the option of going to a Düsseldorf game, Monchengladbachen, Dortmund or in the 2nd division a Koln game. Has anyone got experience of these stadiums? On the face of it Düsseldorf game is the most obvious but think they’re a bit ****, Dortmund will have the most impressive stadium but possibly the most difficult to get tickets for so I’m thinking monchengladbach might be the best option!

KdyHby
26-10-2018, 06:51 AM
I'd recommend giving the ice hockey a try. Was there 10 years ago, great quality hockey, standing terraces, beers, great night : https://www.eventimsports.de/ols/rbm/de/einzel/channel/shop/index

I see they're now sponsored by Red Bull 🤭

Winston Ingram
26-10-2018, 09:12 AM
Nuremberg are about an hour away

Saturday Boy
26-10-2018, 09:17 AM
As mentioned above, 1860 play their games at Grunwalder Stafion. I visited the ground when Hibs Ladies played Bayern in the Champions League. Nice ground.

The Soccerway website is useful if you’re looking for fixtures, you can navigate down the various leagues and there’s a map for each, showing location of the teams.

Can’t post a link on my phone, but it’s usually one of the first results if you google fixtures.

Fanforlife
26-10-2018, 10:23 AM
Hi,

I’m away to see Munich play Düsseldorf on the 24 Of November. We’re there from the Friday to the Sunday and I was wondering if there’s any other teams within the area that play? I’m useless with geography! Hoping to maybe a catch angame on the Friday for instance it’s it’s possible and relatively short distance!going over with grandson & mate for same game.toiling for tickets so far as not Bayern member.Any advice welcome m8.GGTTH

bingo70
26-10-2018, 10:34 AM
going over with grandson & mate for same game.toiling for tickets so far as not Bayern member.Any advice welcome m8.GGTTH

Have you tried viagogo?

I think that’s how most people get tickets for Munich games, I could be wrong with that though.

https://www.viagogo.co.uk/Sports-Tickets/Football/German-1-Bundesliga/FC-Bayern-Muenchen-Tickets/E-2879185

Tickets still available, not cheap though.

pacorosssco
26-10-2018, 10:40 AM
Munich is class mate, Can’t answer your question directly but the bundesliga website and google maps can be your friend here.

Sorry for the thread hijack but on a similar note we’ve booked up to go to Düsseldorf in February, our options may be altered by TV games (I think it’s about a month in advanced their released in Germany?) but right now it’s looking like we’ll have the option of going to a Düsseldorf game, Monchengladbachen, Dortmund or in the 2nd division a Koln game. Has anyone got experience of these stadiums? On the face of it Düsseldorf game is the most obvious but think they’re a bit ****, Dortmund will have the most impressive stadium but possibly the most difficult to get tickets for so I’m thinking monchengladbach might be the best option!

Dortmund is superb but not much to do there.

Fanforlife
26-10-2018, 11:31 AM
Have you tried viagogo?

I think that’s how most people get tickets for Munich games, I could be wrong with that though.

https://www.viagogo.co.uk/Sports-Tickets/Football/German-1-Bundesliga/FC-Bayern-Muenchen-Tickets/E-2879185

Your not wrong re.not cheap m8.did look &will def.be last resort.cheers for that though.😂

madhibee_again
26-10-2018, 11:43 AM

I did a weekend on Cologne a couple of years back and took in Koln, Dortmund and Viktoria Koln. All were brilliant, the yellow wall is something to behold, but the best experience was probably the Koln game. They sing Loch Lomond before the game which is a bit surreal. Planning on going back at some point and would highly recommend it.

Would recommend having a look at the smaller teams as well (i.e. Viktoria Koln).

CMurdoch
26-10-2018, 11:57 AM
Have you tried viagogo?

Viagogo are not to be encouraged. Legalised touts.

LustForLeith
27-10-2018, 11:28 AM
1860 Munich (3.Liga) play at Grunwalder Stadion.
FC Augsburg (Bundesliga) 35 Min Train ride play at WWK Arena
Ingolstadt (2.Liga) 45 min train ride play at Audi Sportpark
Unterhaching (3.Liga) 20 min on train play at Alpenbauer Sportpark

There probably are more teams but these are my suggestions

Enjoy,
SPH

Cheers mate. Gutted I didn’t get to go to St Pauli. One day!

LustForLeith
27-10-2018, 11:29 AM

Cheers mate! I’ll have a wee look at the website!

LustForLeith
27-10-2018, 11:31 AM
Your not wrong re.not cheap m8.did look &will def.be last resort.cheers for that though.😂

Sorry, can’t help you with tickets. We got ours as per of the package. I’ve heard stories of folk walking up to the stadium and getting ticked in the day but it’s one of those a friend of a friend of a friend stories so no idea how reliable it is!

wpj
27-10-2018, 01:51 PM

I am a Fortuna Düsseldorf fan having lived there for a while, always enjoyed watching them and the "crowd" are usually up for it. Spoiled for football in that area and there will probably be more entertainment elsewhere. Enjoy the Altstadt and keep an eye out for Matty Jack in McLaughlins pub

PhoenixHibee
27-10-2018, 04:56 PM
I will also be at the Fortuna game as well as the Champions League game v Benfica.

DC_Hibs
27-10-2018, 05:38 PM
Big fan of Fortuna also having watched Eintracht pump 7 past them last Friday. Then visited 1860 the following day to see them back in their old school stadium.

Never been a fan of the Allianz as it was probably worst away day for me. There’s always folk selling tickets on the walk from train station to the stadium and won’t be a big mark up if any for that fixture.

LustForLeith
28-10-2018, 04:08 PM
Cheers for the info folks

Has anyone been to the fan zone before a Munich game? Is it worth going?

Thinking of heading to itnand at least we’re there for the game. I’m not wanting to get too jaked and then take ages to get there!

vein
28-10-2018, 06:06 PM
Cheers for the info folks

Has anyone been to the fan zone before a Munich game? Is it worth going?

Thinking of heading to itnand at least we’re there for the game. I’m not wanting to get too jaked and then take ages to get there!

Not sure if it was the fan zone or not but just outside ground there were loads of beer and food vans when I was there. Worth getting there early for a look around.

Once inside you can get beers but you need a fan card to pay with. You can get them at ticket booths just outside ground and you just top up with whatever you think you will spend.

LustForLeith
02-11-2018, 07:09 PM
Not sure if it was the fan zone or not but just outside ground there were loads of beer and food vans when I was there. Worth getting there early for a look around.

Once inside you can get beers but you need a fan card to pay with. You can get them at ticket booths just outside ground and you just top up with whatever you think you will spend.

Cheers mate

Looking forward to this!

Iggy Pope
02-11-2018, 07:50 PM
Sorry, can’t help you with tickets. We got ours as per of the package. I’ve heard stories of folk walking up to the stadium and getting ticked in the day but it’s one of those a friend of a friend of a friend stories so no idea how reliable it is!

Berlin pal of mine, very good incomer Hibby and dogged Hertha ST holder tells me tickets are easier to buy in Germany than anywhere. You can buy one at LIDL with your tatties! When you buy one it gets you travel on public transport to the game too.
They seem to make it easy to get to games in Germany and Hibs could exploit some of the thinking.
The only game I've been to myself was Union v Hibs and I enjoyed it immensely. Apart from getting trousered off them.

Fanforlife
02-11-2018, 08:40 PM
Big fan of Fortuna also having watched Eintracht pump 7 past them last Friday. Then visited 1860 the following day to see them back in their old school stadium.

Never been a fan of the Allianz as it was probably worst away day for me. There’s always folk selling tickets on the walk from train station to the stadium and won’t be a big mark up if any for that fixture.sounds promising 're.walk to stadium so will gamble on this.

Keith_M
02-11-2018, 08:52 PM
Berlin pal of mine, very good incomer Hibby and dogged Hertha ST holder tells me tickets are easier to buy in Germany than anywhere. You can buy one at LIDL with your tatties! When you buy one it gets you travel on public transport to the game too.
They seem to make it easy to get to games in Germany and Hibs could exploit some of the thinking.
The only game I've been to myself was Union v Hibs and I enjoyed it immensely. Apart from getting trousered off them.

Definitely can't do that for the Bayern games, tickets are like gold dust.

Oh and just a wee warning regarding prices: The tickets fort he terracing are really cheap but the seated areas at Bayern matches are really expensive.

Iggy Pope
02-11-2018, 08:59 PM
Definitely can't do that for the Bayern games, tickets are like gold dust.

Oh and just a wee warning regarding prices: The tickets fort he terracing are really cheap but the seated areas at Bayern matches are really expensive.

Surprised at this, but you'll know better than me. Maybe they're the exception but I doubt I'd be in a hurry anyway.
As far as expense goes I think we have a European top league problem there.

Keith_M
02-11-2018, 09:05 PM
Surprised at this, but you'll know better than me. Maybe they're the exception but I doubt I'd be in a hurry anyway.
As far as expense goes I think we have a European top league problem there.

No, you're right, they are the exception.

The prices at the Allianz Arena are a bit of a rip-off, but there seems to be unlimited demand.

LustForLeith
03-11-2018, 05:27 AM
[QUOTE=Keekaboo;5594243]Definitely can't do that for the Bayern games, tickets are like gold dust.

Oh and just a wee warning regarding prices: The tickets fort he terracing are really cheap but the seated areas at Bayern matches are really expensive.[/QUOTE

We got ours through a travel company and we’re at the side if the pitch if that makes sense, not behind the goals.

Thinking of going to the stadium before it to soak up the atmosphere.