PDA

View Full Version : Lennon to Spartak Moscow?

Heisenberg
25-10-2018, 09:00 PM
“Hibernian boss Neil Lennon has emerged as a contender for the vacant manager’s job at Spartak Moscow. #Hibs #Spartak“

From journalist Pete O’Rourke on Twitter.

hfc rd
25-10-2018, 09:04 PM
Is he reliable?

No doubt there will be plenty of high profile names on their list.

Paul1642
25-10-2018, 09:07 PM
Football aside have to wonder if he would want to move to Russia and if his wife would also

Mick O'Rourke
25-10-2018, 09:10 PM
Neil Lenin :greengrin

Lancs Harp
25-10-2018, 09:12 PM

Like it :greengrin:greengrin

bingo70
25-10-2018, 09:12 PM
What paper is Pete O’Rourke a journalist for?

All seems a bit far fetched to me but I suppose if they do want him the financial package on offer would be a real life changing deal for him, does well there and he’d probably get another crack at the premiership so not just going to be about the money.

HibeeHibernian4
25-10-2018, 09:15 PM
Apparently it stems from Lennon impressing Spartak in 2012 when he managed Celtic to home and away victories over them. Pete O'Rourke's Sky Sports News I'm pretty sure.

Mick O'Rourke
25-10-2018, 09:16 PM
We all expect possibly Neil moscow sometime.
I hope he is not russian it though.

Is it not the case that their current manager has only just recently joined them?

Edit; He is caretaker manager.

bingo70
25-10-2018, 09:18 PM
Apparently it stems from Lennon impressing Spartak in 2012 when he managed Celtic to home and away victories over them. Pete O'Rourke's Sky Sports News I'm pretty sure.

I was hoping he would be more of a sports blogger that is getting a bit loose with the term ‘journalist’, if he’s a sky sports journalist that’d be a bit more worrying.

The 90+2
25-10-2018, 09:19 PM
At this point in time it would be an utter disaster to lose Lennon.

calumhibee1
25-10-2018, 09:21 PM
Would be a good move for him to be fair.

bingo70
25-10-2018, 09:22 PM
At this point in time it would be an utter disaster to lose Lennon.

I think it’s probably the one thing all Hibs fans would agree with.

Imo it’s inevitable he’ll go soon but when he does I fear we’ll struggle to replace him.

Mick O'Rourke
25-10-2018, 09:27 PM
There will be dozens of managers/coaches applying for this job.

Brendan Rodgers has been linked.
Quoted as 6th fav. at 11/1

HIBERNIAN-0762
25-10-2018, 09:29 PM
What a pile o *****

AK86
25-10-2018, 09:42 PM
Are we going to have to put up with Lennon getting touted every single vacancy in the northern hemisphere now? It's getting ridiculous.

Maybe they will go for Levein , they are after all top of the league. :confused:

Neil Lennon will leave one day , Hibs will continue , we may replace him with someone better .
I can't see him going to Russia , I hope he stays a bit longer , but we can't wet the bed everynight fretting he might leave the next day.

The 90+2
25-10-2018, 09:44 PM
I think it’s probably the one thing all Hibs fans would agree with.

Imo it’s inevitable he’ll go soon but when he does I fear we’ll struggle to replace him.

Yeah, anyway let’s not think about that! I’m in my happy place with payday tomorrow and Question Time about to begin.

bingo70
25-10-2018, 09:45 PM
Are we going to have to put up with Lennon getting touted every single vacancy in the northern hemisphere now? It's getting ridiculous.

Maybe they will go for Levein , they are after all top of the league. :confused:

Neil Lennon will leave one day , Hibs will continue , we may replace him with someone better .
I can't see him going to Russia , I hope he stays a bit longer , but we can't wet the bed everynight fretting he might leave the next day.

What other vacancy has he been touted for?

FWIW I’ve just had a look at that journalists twitter feed and it seems to just be that hitc website and betting promotions he works for so this story is almost certainly bollocks.

Just wants to get twitter followers so he can promote bookies incentives.

The 90+2
25-10-2018, 09:46 PM

Only one poster wetting the bed just now my friend.

The 90+2
25-10-2018, 09:46 PM

FWIW I’ve just had a look at that journalists twitter feed and it seems to just be that hitc website and betting promotions he works for so this story is almost certainly bollocks.

Just wants to get twitter followers so he can promote bookies incentives.

Very good news 👍

kaimendhibs
25-10-2018, 09:49 PM
Neil will be well regarded. Fingers crossed he stays till end of season at least

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Heisenberg
25-10-2018, 09:49 PM
Is he reliable?

No doubt there will be plenty of high profile names on their list.

He used to work for Sky Sports but is now at HITC who are highly unreliable. He could well still have some decent info but is the only one reporting it so far.

CMurdoch
25-10-2018, 09:58 PM
I think Lennon will be dead interested in what he can achieve next season when the team rebuild is complete.
He has put 2 years of sweat and tears into this project and will want to complete it.

If he could sign another midfielder of the standard of Milligan plus Allan and one other good player as well as signing up Bogdan, Ambrose and MacLaren (on a permanent deal and a full pre-season), we could be a real good team.

That team would be evidence of his management ability to put a good team together and make it work.

Certainly no way he is going to Spartak.

AK86
25-10-2018, 10:08 PM

Aston Villa , smellies , Kelty hearts :na na:

Diclonius
25-10-2018, 10:11 PM
Russia wouldn't be the best place to go and Lennon will get better offers anyway. I don't think this is anything to worry about.

SMAXXA
25-10-2018, 10:16 PM
I think Lennon will be dead interested in what he can achieve next season when the team rebuild is complete.
He has put 2 years of sweat and tears into this project and will want to complete it.

If he could sign another midfielder of the standard of Milligan plus Allan and one other good player as well as signing up Bogdan, Ambrose and MacLaren (on a permanent deal and a full pre-season), we could be a real good team.

That team would be evidence of his management ability to put a good team together and make it work.

Certainly no way he is going to Spartak.

Only 2 years feels like he’s been here so much longer

CMurdoch
25-10-2018, 10:27 PM
Only 2 years feels like he’s been here so much longer

Yeah, I had to think about it.

NAE NOOKIE
26-10-2018, 01:02 AM
The one thing that strikes me about NL is that he appears to be happy at Hibs and I cant help thinking that will be a huge factor in any decision he was to make regarding moving on, I would doubt money would be an overriding factor either unless it was silly money, he must have made a fair wedge over his playing and managerial career already and he doesn't strike me as the sort of guy to have pished it all away.

If / when he does move on it will be to a club he genuinely thinks he can improve, he wont want to end up in another Bolton situation I would imagine.

weecounty hibby
26-10-2018, 06:23 AM
Has Craig Levein been mentioned? If not why not? He is by all accounts the best manager ever and has won the league with hearts this season. It always amazes me that whoever the hearts manager is they never seem to get mentioned in the press for roles elsewhere. I remember Stubbs being touted for jobs but couldn't get us out of Div 1 but Neilson who had won Div 1 and had hearts up at the top of the Orem was never mentioned

squire
26-10-2018, 06:52 AM
Rangers played Spartak Moscow last night and the return game in Russia is in 2 weeks. There’s your link. “Lennon to manage against Rangers in Europe shock”

Waste of a tweet.

bingo70
26-10-2018, 06:57 AM
Rangers played Spartak Moscow last night and the return game in Russia is in 2 weeks. There’s your link. “Lennon to manage against Rangers in Europe shock”

Waste of a tweet.

Yeah I think it’s fair to say if there was anything in it then it would have been picked up by someone else in the media.

Interesting wee rumour to pass the time but no danger he’ll be going to Moscow.

Seen another journalist this morning saying on twitter that things may have come to a head at Celtic after last nights defeat and there could be major upheaval next week, that might be a more realistic immediate concern for us but I hope not.

B.H.F.C
26-10-2018, 07:15 AM
Yeah I think it’s fair to say if there was anything in it then it would have been picked up by someone else in the media.

Interesting wee rumour to pass the time but no danger he’ll be going to Moscow.

Seen another journalist this morning saying on twitter that things may have come to a head at Celtic after last nights defeat and there could be major upheaval next week, that might be a more realistic immediate concern for us but I hope not.

Unlike a lot of people, I’m not really concerned about Lennon ending up back at Celtic.

When they got Rodgers in that was a big statement. With competition having improved since that point in time, I think they’d be looking to do something similar.

Lennon would be quite a safe bet for them (and would probably save them a fortune in comparison to Rodgers which might appeal to their board).

Smartie
26-10-2018, 07:48 AM
Unlike a lot of people, I’m not really concerned about Lennon ending up back at Celtic.

When they got Rodgers in that was a big statement. With competition having improved since that point in time, I think they’d be looking to do something similar.

Lennon would be quite a safe bet for them (and would probably save them a fortune in comparison to Rodgers which might appeal to their board).

I don't really know why he'd go back.

He's been there, done that - and there was a reason why he left in the first place.

He'll leave us when he gets a decent offer down South.

J-C
26-10-2018, 07:54 AM
The one thing that strikes me about NL is that he appears to be happy at Hibs and I cant help thinking that will be a huge factor in any decision he was to make regarding moving on, I would doubt money would be an overriding factor either unless it was silly money, he must have made a fair wedge over his playing and managerial career already and he doesn't strike me as the sort of guy to have pished it all away.

If / when he does move on it will be to a club he genuinely thinks he can improve, he wont want to end up in another Bolton situation I would imagine.

He appears happy but remember he's a very determined individual, he may get to the point where he feels he's taken Hibs as far as we can go, all very well getting regular decent results and playing nice football but he wants to make inroads against Celtic and the league. If we don't start getting results against Celtic, Aberdeen etc on a regular basis he may become disenchanted and feel this is it, no more can be done, this is when he'll decide to move.

bingo70
26-10-2018, 07:59 AM
He appears happy but remember he's a very determined individual, he may get to the point where he feels he's taken Hibs as far as we can go, all very well getting regular decent results and playing nice football but he wants to make inroads against Celtic and the league. If we don't start getting results against Celtic, Aberdeen etc on a regular basis he may become disenchanted and feel this is it, no more can be done, this is when he'll decide to move.

He’s also not daft and knows how fickle a job it is.

Right now he’s the best thing since sliced bread but as a manager you’re only ever about 3 defeats away from a crisis. Making the right move at the right time is important. There will come a time when things become a bit stale, it’s inevitable so he’ll want to make sure he’s leaving when his stock is at its highest.

Greenbeard
26-10-2018, 09:30 AM

I'm with you on the contentment front which, given his past troubles and opening up about mental health issues, will prob be the major factor in him staying or leaving. He must be excited about what his full strength team could do. My only worry would be if we hit a dip and/or a run of bad luck and then don't make the top 4 come May. He could see that as failure to progress, take the blame and walk. Sincerely hope not though.

Hibiza
26-10-2018, 09:39 AM

:top marks:flag::flag:

SirDavidsNapper
26-10-2018, 09:48 AM
Good publicity for the club. The players should get a boost knowing they're playing for a manager wanted by these kind of clubs. I agree with some other posters. I get the feeling Lennon has found a home at Hibs and he seems very content. I think Celtic would tempt him as they're his club but i think we're safe otherwise.

Greenbeard
26-10-2018, 09:51 AM
Good publicity for the club. The players should get a boost knowing they're playing for a manager wanted by these kind of clubs. I agree with some other posters. I get the feeling Lennon has found a home at Hibs and he seems very content. I think Celtic would tempt him as they're his club but i think we're safe otherwise.
You think he'd go back to bullets in the post and all the other snash that would come with the Tic job for him and his family? Can't see it.

SirDavidsNapper
26-10-2018, 09:56 AM
He’s also not daft and knows how fickle a job it is.

Right now he’s the best thing since sliced bread but as a manager you’re only ever about 3 defeats away from a crisis. Making the right move at the right time is important. There will come a time when things become a bit stale, it’s inevitable so he’ll want to make sure he’s leaving when his stock is at its highest.

Spot on. Every magager has a shelf life. When he does go I've got absolute faith in Leeann that we'll have a good succession plan in place. Talking of LD I'd be gutted if she left.

SirDavidsNapper
26-10-2018, 09:57 AM
You think he'd go back to bullets in the post and all the other snash that would come with the Tic job for him and his family? Can't see it.

I hope you're right.

The 90+2
26-10-2018, 09:58 AM

I don’t think he’s that hated by the huns any longer and let’s face it would they hate him more going back there than doing his ear cupping and the Lenny against them as our manager? They hate us just as much remember.

I’ve a just a hunch that Rodgers will leave to go to Leicester or West Ham, Lennon back to them and Strachan in at ER.

basehibby
26-10-2018, 10:03 AM
Would be a good move for him to be fair.

Shut up
Shut up
Shut up
Shut up
Dreadful move -
far too cold..... depressing .... erm Putin has an irrational fear of ginger people .... ...... erm novichok novichok nooooooo Neil don't gooooo! :grr:

BullsCloseHibs
26-10-2018, 10:05 AM
Chances of it happening are zero.

R'Albin
26-10-2018, 10:09 AM

I don't think there's much chance of Lennon going back there at all. His reason for leaving was because he didn't feel Lawell wouldn't give him the funds to take Celtic to the next level. Unless Lawell completely changed his attitude (which I think he is too arrogant to do) then I can't see him returning.

Eyrie
26-10-2018, 10:42 AM
I don't think there's much chance of Lennon going back there at all. His reason for leaving was because he didn't feel Lawell wouldn't give him the funds to take Celtic to the next level. Unless Lawell completely changed his attitude (which I think he is too arrogant to do) then I can't see him returning.

I've heard stories of friction between Lawwell and Rodgers, which Desmond has refused to get involved in.

If true, Rodgers leaving would strengthen Lawwell's position.

Famous Fiver
26-10-2018, 10:45 AM
When I saw the thread title I immediately thought that he was off on a Rangers Supporters bus to the away leg in Moscow.

On reflection, there is as much chance of him becoming Spartak's new manager as there is of him sharing a beer on the bus with Govan's finest half way across Europe.

Mick O'Rourke
27-10-2018, 08:52 PM
:top marks:flag::flag:

Thanks for the top Marx