PDA

View Full Version : Red Bull Hibernian

SirDavidsNapper
25-10-2018, 05:52 PM
These Red Bull teams seem pretty handy. Huge investment going into those clubs. Not my cup of tea at all but interested to know what your reaction would be if Hibs were the next team to carry the Red Bull name. I'd rather we stayed how we are. Thoughts?

The 90+2
25-10-2018, 05:55 PM
I would be all for it if it would make us serious contenders to win the league.

Although personally I would be happy with RC Hibernian instead 😁

Nameless
25-10-2018, 05:55 PM
If it means regular cup wins, a genuine chance of winning the league and regular European runs I'd take it in a heartbeat.

Sent from my G3311 using Tapatalk

Lancs Harp
25-10-2018, 05:58 PM
Regular matches against Buckfast Rangers.

SirDavidsNapper
25-10-2018, 06:00 PM
Regular matches against Buckfast Rangers.

And Horlicks Hearts

PatHead
25-10-2018, 06:04 PM
Celtic could be sponsored by the Italian media group TIM.

Scorrie
25-10-2018, 06:05 PM
I would be all for it if it would make us serious contenders to win the league.

Although personally I would be happy with RC Hibernian instead 😁

Imagine playing at Ibrox with the name RC Hibernian! Jeezo 😂

BILLYHIBS
25-10-2018, 06:09 PM
Sounds good would settle for Bogdan Tierney Robertson Van Dyck Porteous De Bruyne Pogba Hazzard Kamberi MacLaren and Neymar

Subs still to be bought

Keeping MacLaren In because he is gash and want to give other teams a chance :greengrin

PatHead
25-10-2018, 06:10 PM
Must admit, Hibs playing in red and white just wouldn’t be right. For that reason I am out.

superbam
25-10-2018, 06:12 PM
no thanks from me, in fact I would do all I could to sabotage a Red Bull Hibernian by any means necessary. I reckon I would even support the huns against one of these nonsense franchises

Diclonius
25-10-2018, 06:12 PM
Red Bull Edinburgh (they would absolutely NOT keep the Hibs name) could be top of the Premiership, making the knockout stages in Europe and beating Hearts 7-0 every time they play them and I wouldn't go to a single game. I'd rather we didn't exist than be turned into a corporate puppet.

I'd support a phoenix club or find another team.

Lancs Harp
25-10-2018, 06:13 PM
Sounds good would settle for Bogdan Tierney Robertson Van Dyck Porteous De Bruyne Pogba Hazzard Kamberi MacLaren and Neymar

Subs still to be bought

Keeping MacLaren In because he is gash and want to give other teams a chance :greengrin

With that team you could leave Bogdan out and I'll play instead. (and I havent played in goals since I was about 13) Under normal circumstances I would offer my services FOC for Hibs but seeing as RB will be picking the bill up I'll settle for a modest 100k a week for basically standing in the 18 yard box for 90 minutes. :greengrin

Oscar T Grouch
25-10-2018, 06:15 PM
Hypothetically assume their model continues with us then, those happy for this would give up playing in green and the symbolic badge for a bit of investment? We'd have to play in blue no? Suppose the football in the badge could have their bulls inserted there without too much change but would new owners want their logo minimalised on the badge. Their other efforts are all RB and no team.

BILLYHIBS
25-10-2018, 06:16 PM
With that team you could leave Bogdan out and I'll play instead. (and I havent played in goals since I was about 13) Under normal circumstances I would offer my services FOC for Hibs but seeing as RB will be picking the bill up I'll settle for a modest 100k a week for basically standing in the 18 yard box for 90 minutes. :greengrin
:faf:

Diclonius
25-10-2018, 06:23 PM
Hypothetically assume their model continues with us then, those happy for this would give up playing in green and the symbolic badge for a bit of investment? We'd have to play in blue no? Suppose the football in the badge could have their bulls inserted there without too much change but would new owners want their logo minimalised on the badge. Their other efforts are all RB and no team.

Nope. Red Bull will insist on white and red and a complete corporate rebrand. There will be no identity left save for the team. Their takeover of SV Salzburg was brutal: https://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/13180636.profile-red-bull-salzburg-aka-the-most-hated-football-club-of-our-time/

Pretty Boy
25-10-2018, 06:24 PM
If we could keep pur own identity then maybe.

Red Bull Edinburgh playing in red, white and blue at the Caffeine Arena? Forget it I'd rather be mediocre fpr eternity than watch 'Hibs' win stuff in that set up.

PatHead
25-10-2018, 06:28 PM
Hibs are better than that.

green day
25-10-2018, 06:29 PM
Nope. Red Bull will insist on white and red and a complete corporate rebrand. There will be no identity left save for the team. Their takeover of SV Salzburg was brutal: https://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/13180636.profile-red-bull-salzburg-aka-the-most-hated-football-club-of-our-time/

Yep - and, as I said on the match thread - they just bought some pishy nothing team and rebranded as Leipzig

The club was founded in 2009 by initiative of the company Red Bull GmbH (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Bull_GmbH)—which purchased the playing rights of a fifth-tier side, SSV Markranstädt (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SSV_Markranst%C3%A4dt), with the intent of advancing the new club to the top-flight Bundesliga (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bundesliga) within eight years

Awful stuff, and just a rich man waving his tadger about.

Lancs Harp
25-10-2018, 06:30 PM
What about Guinness Hibernian :wink:

green&left
25-10-2018, 06:31 PM
These Red Bull teams seem pretty handy. Huge investment going into those clubs. Not my cup of tea at all but interested to know what your reaction would be if Hibs were the next team to carry the Red Bull name. I'd rather we stayed how we are. Thoughts?

Not sure how their investment works but the football club (RBL) owe the drinks company 80 million euros.

Also (not aimed at you) but if you just want to see a team trophies and that, you'sld be better just going seat every 2nd week like thousands of others.

Mick O'Rourke
25-10-2018, 06:32 PM
I would have thought that would be a red rag to a bull for most Hibernians.
In the past, i always thought either Harp Lager or Guinness would have been an a good sponsor.
Particularly now that The Harp has been restored as part of the club's emblem.

PatHead
25-10-2018, 06:34 PM
In the past, i always thought either Harp Lager or Guinness would have been an a good sponsor.
Particularly now that The Harp has been restored to its rightful place.
7up might be difficult to ignore.

Lancs Harp
25-10-2018, 06:34 PM

:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin

LancsHibs
25-10-2018, 06:35 PM
7UP Hibs has a better ring to it:yw:

LancsHibs
25-10-2018, 06:36 PM

Just beat me to it:greengrin

green day
25-10-2018, 06:36 PM
Season
Average attendance

2009–10
2,150[175] (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RB_Leipzig#cite_note-175)

2010–11
4,206[176] (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RB_Leipzig#cite_note-176)

2011–12
7,401[177] (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RB_Leipzig#cite_note-177)

2012–13
7,563[178] (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RB_Leipzig#cite_note-178)

2013–14
16,734[179] (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RB_Leipzig#cite_note-179)

2014–15
25,025[180] (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RB_Leipzig#cite_note-180)

2015–16
29,441[181] (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RB_Leipzig#cite_note-181)

2016–17
41,454[182] (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RB_Leipzig#cite_note-182)

Leipzig - from nothings to 40,000 average - I always thought the Germans were better than that.

This is like the American system of NFL "franchises" where they just buy a name, pitch up a team at a stadium in the middle of nowhere in Kansas or whatever - and fill it every week.

I was at the other end of the spectrum last weekend - Weston Super Mare v Bath City in the FA Cup Qualifiers - 1000 people in a run down crappy stadium - but with a lot more soul than either of those RB clubs.

LancsHibs
25-10-2018, 06:40 PM
In seriousness if we could retain green & white as our colours and Hibernian in our name I would support it. I could even take us having a blue & red second kit and them rebranding our beautiful badge for their corporate keek if the investment was right.

PatHead
25-10-2018, 06:43 PM
In seriousness if we could retain green & white as our colours and Hibernian in our name I would support it. I could even take us having a blue & red second kit and them rebranding our beautiful badge for their corporate keek if the investment was right.

Sorry mate but no. Would be selling our soul

HibeeHibernian4
25-10-2018, 07:00 PM
Terrifying that there are fans of this club who would even consider it for a second. Absolutely no chance would I ever step foot inside Easter Road (sorry, the Red Bull Leith Arena) if it ever were to happen. Almost as bad a fate as Mercer's merger.

Lancs Harp
25-10-2018, 07:01 PM
Terrifying that there are fans of this club who would even consider it for a second. Absolutely no chance would I ever step foot inside Easter Road (sorry, the Red Bull Leith Arena) if it ever were to happen. Almost as bad a fate as Mercer's merger.

I think the replies are a bit tongue in cheek mate.

HibeeHibernian4
25-10-2018, 07:04 PM
I think the replies are a bit tongue in cheek mate.

Most are, others have said they'd take in a heartbeat for cups, a shot at the league and European runs.

The 90+2
25-10-2018, 07:08 PM
Imagine pumping them at Ibrox with the name RC Hibernian! Jeezo 😂

😂😃 although fixed.

The 90+2
25-10-2018, 07:09 PM
Sorry mate but no. Would be selling our soul

You support the normal Hibernian then, I’m off to support RC sorry RB Hibees 😛

jgl07
25-10-2018, 07:33 PM
I would be dubious of any takeover that demanded a change in club name or club colours and would almost certainly walk away.

Some takeovers have turned out bad. For example the Glazers at Manchester United have turned the club into a cash cow to prop up their failing family business. Also bad was the takeover of Cardiff by the 'Bond villain' of football owners, Vincent Tan. He changed the club colours to from blue to red. The Bluebells playing in Red? They have finally relented in this issue.

Good takeovers include Manchester City by Abu Dhabi United Group. ADUG pumped money into City and made no attempt to change any aspect of the club's persona and kept the supporters on side. Obviously Tom Farmer with Hibs despite his apparent lack of interest in football.

Lancs Harp
25-10-2018, 07:39 PM
I would be dubious of any takeover that demanded a change in club name or club colours and would almost certainly walk away.

Some takeovers have turned out bad. For example the Glazers at Manchester United have turned the club into a cash cow to prop up their failing family business. Also bad was the takeover of Cardiff by the 'Bond villain' of football owners, Vincent Tan. He changed the club colours to from blue to red. The Bluebells playing in Red? They have finally relented in this issue.

Good takeovers include Manchester City by Abu Dhabi United Group. ADUG pumped money into City and made no attempt to change any aspect of the club's persona and kept the supporters on side. Obviously Tom Farmer with Hibs despite his apparent lack of interest in football.

Then of course there is FC Romanov

CropleyWasGod
25-10-2018, 07:42 PM
It's not a new thing.

Ajax Amsterdam and Red Star Belgrade have been around for a long time.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

givescotlandfreedom
25-10-2018, 07:43 PM
Plastic soulless corporate entities. Nein danke

Hibbyradge
25-10-2018, 07:44 PM
It's not a new thing.

:agree:

Cristal Palace

Mick O'Rourke
25-10-2018, 07:53 PM
It's not a new thing.

Would Daz get a game for Ajax? :offski:

CropleyWasGod
25-10-2018, 07:54 PM
Would Daz get a game for Ajax? :offski:He'd certainly play with a lot of Vim.

BegbieHSC
25-10-2018, 07:55 PM
100% no!

They change everything about a club - name, badge, colours, strip and stadium name.

We’d cease to be Hibernian simply put - we’re no huns, so I wouldn’t be up for the death of our club, for any kind of money.

Mick O'Rourke
25-10-2018, 08:09 PM
He'd certainly play with a lot of Vim.

:greengrin
I clean forgot about that product.

While of course major investment would be welcome by any club, be it from individuals or corporations
RB do not sponsor clubs..... they completely take them over.
Changing the name /colours and all else that RB have done in the past.
For Hibernian Football Club?
They can keep their money.

Lancs Harp
25-10-2018, 08:13 PM
:greengrin
I clean forgot about that product.

While of course major investment would be welcome by any club, be it from individuals or corporations
RB do not sponsor clubs..... they completely take them over.
Changing the name /colours and all else that RB have done in the past.
For Hibernian Football Club?
They can keep their money.

Scoured the back of is mind to come up with that one :wink:

Mick O'Rourke
25-10-2018, 08:15 PM
Scoured the back of is mind to come up with that one :wink:

He replied in a Flash though

CropleyWasGod
25-10-2018, 08:16 PM
He replied in a Flash thoughOmo he didn't.

Mick O'Rourke
25-10-2018, 08:19 PM
Omo he didn't.

Careful
He may take it Persilnil

I know
Goodnight

jgl07
25-10-2018, 08:23 PM
He'd certainly play with a lot of Vim.

These comments are far too abrasive for me.

Bostonhibby
25-10-2018, 09:31 PM
Red coo Midlothian might be a goer?

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

The 90+2
25-10-2018, 09:55 PM
Careful
He may take it Persilnil

I know
Goodnight

You’re away with the fairies!

Saturday Boy
25-10-2018, 10:00 PM
You’re away with the fairies!

That’s a Bold statement

CropleyWasGod
25-10-2018, 10:06 PM
That’s a Bold statementI hope he takes no Comfort from it.

Saturday Boy
25-10-2018, 10:08 PM
I hope he takes no Comfort from it.

I’m going to Lenor that comment

Hibbyradge
25-10-2018, 10:35 PM
I’m going to Lenor that comment

It makes a change from you Harpic on about it.

Saturday Boy
25-10-2018, 10:50 PM
It makes a change from you Harpic on about it.

Any more of this and I predict a Domestos dispute.

I’m running out of cleaning products 😄

The 90+2
25-10-2018, 11:20 PM
I hope he takes no Comfort from it.

I don’t, it could lead to Soapy bubble.

The 90+2
25-10-2018, 11:22 PM
Any more of this and I predict a Domestos dispute.

I’m running out of cleaning products 😄

Nah, this time tomorrow it will have all Vanished.

NAE NOOKIE
26-10-2018, 12:15 AM
Not sure how their investment works but the football club (RBL) owe the drinks company 80 million euros.

Also (not aimed at you) but if you just want to see a team trophies and that, you'sld be better just going seat every 2nd week like thousands of others.

Looks like Red Bull don't so much pump money into these clubs as make them loans which appear as debt on the clubs books, so that if Red Bull decide to move on from football they can get a lot of their money back by squeezing the clubs for repayment …. and lets face it, any business prepared to so utterly disregard the traditions of the clubs they take over isn't going to worry much about driving those clubs to destruction to get their money back.

The Glazers did much the same with Man Utd, borrowing a fortune to take over the club and then transferring that debt to the club so that Man Utd owed the money and not them …. I still cant believe such a practice is even allowed it sounds so unethical.

Wouldn't touch either model with a barge pole.

Nutmegged
26-10-2018, 01:09 AM

Football is about more than winning, its about family, links to the past, emotional attachment, community, continuity, nostalgia... Anyone who takes the Red Bull coin kills all that stone dead, we wouldn't play in Green, the ground wouldn't be called Easter Road, we wouldn't be Hibs, I'd rather spend a life time trying to win something with Hibs than watch a rebranded club that used to be Hibs dominate

AZhibee
26-10-2018, 02:36 AM
They would purchase an inexpensive, small, newer, club; (Edinburgh City), with a large stadium, invest money and have them winning treble in 4 years.

RB Edinburgh City

Pagan Hibernia
26-10-2018, 06:28 AM
Absolutely shocked by the handful of replies saying they’d happily take the Red Bull coin for a bit of success

happy that most like me would not touch them with a barge pole

some things can’t be bought and hopefully given time HSL will make certain of that

Bristolhibby
26-10-2018, 06:47 AM
Nah, this time tomorrow it will have all Vanished.

I’m sure if this all happens, we’d still keep Daz McGregor.

The new players would surely give us a Bounce though.

J

BILLYHIBS
26-10-2018, 06:54 AM
I’m sure if this all happens, we’d still keep Daz McGregor.

The new players would surely give us a Bounce though.

J

Naw it would give us JIF or is it now CIF? :greengrin

BILLYHIBS
26-10-2018, 06:57 AM
They would purchase an inexpensive, small, newer, club; (Edinburgh City), with a large stadium, invest money and have them winning treble in 4 years.

RB Edinburgh City

I suspect they would want them to lose the City and just be RB Edinburgh? :confused:

Diclonius
26-10-2018, 07:07 AM

RB Edinburgh City

That would be horrible. Bet all the Edinburgh-based OF glory hunters would shift allegiance to them.

If Red Bull were to take over a club here it wouldn't be anywhere with an established large fan base - RB Edinburgh would have to compete with us and Hearts and wouldn't get a substantial amount of fans for another generation. Somewhere more central like Falkirk or Stirling would be a possibility, or even Fife.

LancsHibs
26-10-2018, 07:26 AM
Just done a bit of research about Red Bull and what they did to their local club Salzburg.
Now RB are an Austrian company based in Salzburg a city that had a historic club, SV Austria Salzburg, known (a bit like us) for their historic colours, violet & white.
When RB gained control of the club in 2005 they immediately changed the clubs name, badge to their corporate logo and worst of all insisted that RB Salzburg were a new club and wrote off the history!! Causing a lot of anger to the fans, they were in theory killing off the club. The Austrian FA interjected at this point and RB have had to concede in this point and accept the clubs continuity but have refused to give an inch to the fans and refused to allow violet in any way on any of their shirts!
The clubs support has been split and a Phoenix club was set up which has risen through the Austrian amateur ranks and is now playing in the third level in Austrian football.
Now this is what RB has done to the football club and it’s supporters in their own city! I don’t think they would give a *%#¥ about the traditions or the fans of a club in another country!!

hibbydog
26-10-2018, 07:33 AM
Football is about more than winning, its about family, links to the past, emotional attachment, community, continuity, nostalgia... Anyone who takes the Red Bull coin kills all that stone dead, we wouldn't play in Green, the ground wouldn't be called Easter Road, we wouldn't be Hibs, I'd rather spend a life time trying to win something with Hibs than watch a rebranded club that used to be Hibs dominate

This in spades.

Imagine being taken over and massive investment leading to Red Bull Hibernian winning the Scottish Cup?

It would just feel dirty.

The 2016 cup win showed how much Hibs traditions, Leith, the community, history and emotional ties to the club meant. It was the epitome of passion in sport. All that would be lost if we sold out to a corporate entity. Not hibs class.

So it’s a no from me.

BILLYHIBS
26-10-2018, 07:57 AM
90% of the posts on here are in jest but I am sure if it came to the crunch it would be a resounding NO from all of us you only have to think back to as recently as 1990 and the Hands off HIBS campaign.

Northernhibee
26-10-2018, 08:04 AM
100% no. We’re Hibs and we play at Easter Road. Would never sell that.

Keith_M
26-10-2018, 09:11 AM
Imagine playing at Ibrox with the name RC Hibernian! Jeezo 😂

I can't even begin to imagine Ian Durrant's reaction!

😁

Scouse Hibee
26-10-2018, 09:12 AM
Yes please, I couldn’t really give a toss about identity I just want to see us beat the ****** from across the city on a regular basis and show we are the big team.

Comment lifted from Keekback 😁

The Green Goblin
26-10-2018, 09:25 AM
Red Bull Edinburgh (they would absolutely NOT keep the Hibs name) could be top of the Premiership, making the knockout stages in Europe and beating Hearts 7-0 every time they play them and I wouldn't go to a single game. I'd rather we didn't exist than be turned into a corporate puppet.

I'd support a phoenix club or find another team.

This is my view too. “Success” in return for sacrificing the heart and soul of the club? Never.

danhibees1875
26-10-2018, 09:40 AM
Yes please, I couldn’t really give a toss about identity I just want to see us beat the ****** from across the city on a regular basis and show we are the big team.

Comment lifted from Keekback 😁

:faf:

I was just thinking that the notion all seemed very Hearts.

SirDavidsNapper
26-10-2018, 09:41 AM
I'm with the vast majority. If we were made to wear red and white, change the badge and play in the Red Bull arena a bit of me would die. Would be horrible. Over time I'd maybe venture back as if the stadium was still on the footprint of Easter Road I'd feel still feel a draw to go and watch my football there. It's ingrained in me and i think I'd struggle to stay away forever. Not for me though. Hibs are one of those clubs that people live and breathe. We're not just a club we're a tradition. There's been so much emotion, so much tears shed good and bad over this club through generations it's almost become a living thing to most of us. Wouldn't swap that for the world.

basehibby
26-10-2018, 11:02 AM
Particularly now that The Harp has been restored as part of the club's emblem.

This - Guiness would be my shirt sponsor of choice in fact.

Cut price sponsors product on tap in BTG

Go back to the original badge and release an all black way kit and Robert would indeed be your father's brother :thumbsup:

The Pointer
26-10-2018, 11:17 AM
Change it to Green Bull Hibernian.

NAE NOOKIE
26-10-2018, 11:24 AM
Absolutely shocked by the handful of replies saying they’d happily take the Red Bull coin for a bit of success

happy that most like me would not touch them with a barge pole

some things can’t be bought and hopefully given time HSL will make certain of that

:agree:

hibbydog
26-10-2018, 11:27 AM
I'm with the vast majority. If we were made to wear red and white, change the badge and play in the Red Bull arena a bit of me would die. Would be horrible. Over time I'd maybe venture back as if the stadium was still on the footprint of Easter Road I'd feel still feel a draw to go and watch my football there. It's ingrained in me and i think I'd struggle to stay away forever. Not for me though. Hibs are one of those clubs that people live and breathe. We're not just a club we're a tradition. There's been so much emotion, so much tears shed good and bad over this club through generations it's almost become a living thing to most of us. Wouldn't swap that for the world.

Brilliant post

southern hibby
26-10-2018, 12:27 PM
Sell our name badge and colours for success. I’d rather stick rusty barb wire up my hoop and run the marathon than do that.

GGTTH

nonshinyfinish
26-10-2018, 01:28 PM
I’d rather stick rusty barb wire up my hoop and run the marathon than do that.

I don’t know much about the Red Bull model – is this option on the table?

southern hibby
26-10-2018, 02:33 PM
I don’t know much about the Red Bull model – is this option on the table?

Hopefully NOT, which means they ain’t interested in changing everything Hibs.

GGTTH

Bostonhibby
26-10-2018, 03:12 PM

Comment lifted from Keekback [emoji16]So red coo Edinburgh it is.

They've already shown us during the romanov era how easily they give away their soul.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

nonshinyfinish
26-10-2018, 04:31 PM
Hopefully NOT, which means they ain’t interested in changing everything Hibs.

GGTTH

I meant the barbed wire option.