PDA

View Full Version : 2019/20 season tickets.

H18 SFR
25-10-2018, 09:05 AM
Thinking ahead and trying to be organised with the funds for next season's ST's. Can anyone remember when the early bird period ran from last year, start to finish?

The 90+2
25-10-2018, 09:09 AM
Early March until early April.

Billy Whizz
25-10-2018, 09:10 AM
Thinking ahead and trying to be organised with the funds for next season's ST's. Can anyone remember when the early bird period ran from last year, start to finish?

Early bird finished on 6th april
Can’t remeber when they were launched, but sometime in early March

My_Wife_Camille
25-10-2018, 09:34 AM
Getting earlier and earlier every year because we are desperate for cash

NthCarolinaHibs
25-10-2018, 09:35 AM

Got to get that stand finished some how...oh wait 🤔

.Sean.
25-10-2018, 09:52 AM
Do we think there’ll ever be a time when it is taken as a monthly direct debit, rather than the 10 instalments? As much as it’s paid off in January(?) I think it would be a good idea juatvhaving itbas a continuous direct debit

patlowe
25-10-2018, 10:58 AM
Do we think there’ll ever be a time when it is taken as a monthly direct debit, rather than the 10 instalments? As much as it’s paid off in January(?) I think it would be a good idea juatvhaving itbas a continuous direct debit

I wonder whether the future could be more of a continuous 'membership' model, with your seat part of that among other benefits, rather than a set cost of a season ticket. There would obviously need to be a lot of discussion about what those benefits would be (social events, discounts, Hibs TV?) and what that would mean in practice, not to mention how it relates to the off season, but for me an ongoing membership sounds more appealing than a season ticket and may make people feel they have a stronger and more lasting connection to the club. In the era of HSL and FOH I feel the whole notion of what it means to contribute to a club's long term sustainability and success is changing.

CMurdoch
25-10-2018, 11:13 AM

I know not everyone can manage to pay their season ticket upfront but it is best for the club.
Upfront season ticket money is essential to bring in players before the summer window closes.
Importantly the installment plan has costs to the club from the finance company.
A mate of mine puts £10 a week into a separate bank account and buys his season ticket outright at the early bird price every season.
It saves him having to take a finance plan out and the club get all of his money.

Juniper Greens
25-10-2018, 11:15 AM
I know not everyone can manage to pay their season ticket upfront but it is best for the club.
Upfront season ticket money is essential to bring in players before the summer window closes.
Importantly the installment plan has costs to the club from the finance company.
A mate of mine puts £10 a week into a separate bank account and buys his season ticket outright at the early bird price every season.
It saves him having to take a finance plan out and the club get all of his money.

Hibs get the money for the season ticket upfront. They do however bear the cost of finance, which I believe is about £15 a ticket

CB_NO3
25-10-2018, 11:18 AM
Tick tock.

tartanhibee
25-10-2018, 11:21 AM
Hibs get the money for the season ticket upfront. They do however bear the cost of finance, which I believe is about £15 a ticket

I pay by the instalment plan, would happily pay the extra £15 at the time off purchase to cover the cost of finance to the club.

I would be unable to afford a season ticket if it wasn’t for this option.

Pretty Boy
25-10-2018, 11:43 AM

It's closer to £4 per ST. That's from as good a source as you will get on the subject.

CMurdoch
25-10-2018, 12:04 PM
It's closer to £4 per ST. That's from as good a source as you will get on the subject.

That's good to know and is half the cost I thought it would be.
So if 7,500 season ticket holders use the instalment plan the club lose £30k a season

Blaster
25-10-2018, 12:07 PM
That's good to know and is half the cost I thought it would be.
So if 7,500 season ticket holders use the instalment plan the club lose £30k a season

Yeah but I suppose the counter argument is many of them wouldn’t get a season ticket without this option

Jamesie
25-10-2018, 12:51 PM
From memory the Early Bird payment plan began in March with the final payment due to be taken in December.

Juniper Greens
25-10-2018, 01:03 PM

Good to know. I was taking my info from the fact that Hearts charge about that extra for the payment plan. Obviously just ripping off their fans again.

hibee_girl
25-10-2018, 01:04 PM
From memory the Early Bird payment plan began in March with the final payment due to be taken in December.

It’s an 11 month plan so it won’t finish in December

H18 SFR
25-10-2018, 01:19 PM
It’s an 11 month plan so it won’t finish in December

Mine definitely finishes in December, just checked the paperwork, I was only setup as 10 payments for some reason.

Rocky
25-10-2018, 02:05 PM

I suspect both the £15 and £4 figures could be correct, but measuring slightly different things. I suspect the £15 is the actual zebra charge (looking round a few other clubs who offer season ticket finance through zebra and pass on the charges to fans suggests they charge around 7% apr as an admin fee). However the £4 is maybe what the club considers the net cost to be as they have less admin / don't need to pay merchant charges on debit / credit card payments etc.

I'd be surprised if zebra only charge us £4 when they're charging Arsenal supporters £40 (granted that's on a £1,200 season ticket).

hibby6270
26-10-2018, 05:13 PM
I’m a “sad” get and always take screenshots of these type of transactions.
So, my Zebra documents are dated 7th March 2018. 11 (eleven) payments, so I get February as a free non payment month every year.

If I remember right, I didn’t renew exactly on the day it was made available. It was maybe a week or so afterwards. Possibly end of February ST renewals went on sale?

There was a bit of an outcry “across the road” the we had started the ST sale so early because “we were struggling for cash”. Now, we all know that was pure Jambo poppycock and was proven at the time that our Early Bird offering began more or less at the same time as it had over the past 10 years or so.

greenlex
26-10-2018, 06:19 PM
Correct. Cash to get the squad sorted earliest possible.