PDA

View Full Version : Steven Naismith

RossScott1991
24-10-2018, 09:36 AM
Is he one of the more unlikeable Hearts players in recent years? He is definitely one I want to see a Hibs player 'leave one on him' in the derby.

He is their new wind up merchant, and very sneaky.

SirDavidsNapper
24-10-2018, 09:40 AM
Is he one of the more unlikeable Hearts players in recent years? He is definitely one I want to see a Hibs player 'leave one on him' in the derby.

My money is on him going straight through Mallan early then laughing in his face as he's stretched off. Nothing likeable about him at all. He's well suited to them.

IGRIGI
24-10-2018, 09:44 AM
He's definitely one of those players that just has a "Hearts" look about him.

.Sean.
24-10-2018, 09:45 AM
Hope Milligan breaks his legs and he never plays again. Rat

TheHarpy76
24-10-2018, 09:48 AM

So you hope one of our own players reduces himself to that same level?

Naismith is indeed a wee scrote though.

col02
24-10-2018, 09:53 AM
It's bizarre because he's a fud on the pitch but sure off it he's actually a really good guy. Does he not donate large sums of money to a homeless charity?

TheHarpy76
24-10-2018, 10:16 AM
It's bizarre because he's a fud on the pitch but sure off it he's actually a really good guy. Does he not donate large sums of money to a homeless charity?

This is quite often the case with footballers.

The_Horde
24-10-2018, 10:18 AM

Milligan doesn't have that nasty side to his game IMO.

Tough tackler though.

calumhibee1
24-10-2018, 11:06 AM
He’s become a right dirty wee ******* since signing for them. Laughing in injured players faces, deliberate stamps into players baws etc. Wouldn’t be disappointed to see his career ended to be honest.

Tobias Funke
24-10-2018, 11:10 AM
On the pitch - Twat

Off the pitch - Good lad

Fair summary in my opinion

Frazerbob
24-10-2018, 11:10 AM
Dirty, moaning faced wee *****. Constantly in the ref’s ear and banging in the goals. Would love him at ER.

Hibs4185
24-10-2018, 11:11 AM
They call us spoon burners...Naismith looks like the biggest junky I’ve ever seen on a football pitch.

They call us vermin....Naismith is a rat of the highest order. Absolute disgrace.

Naismith and hearts are a perfect fit. Both utterly detestable

Smartie
24-10-2018, 11:20 AM
The other day I was trying to work out what it was that my 7 month old daughter's heid reminded me of when I realised she has a Steven Naismith hairdo.

I'm Spartacus
24-10-2018, 11:48 AM
Hate him on the pitch, but every club needs one, us included, he's constantly trying to influence the ref and noise up the opposition.

RossScott1991
24-10-2018, 12:05 PM
Hopefully in derby someone from our side rises to occasion and shows that nasty streak, I think we are a team with good spirit however anyway.

I just find Naismith annoyingly sneaky, seems to be playing up to the Jambos with the constant taunting of opposition.

Billy Whizz
24-10-2018, 12:06 PM
What’s he done now

cocteautwin
24-10-2018, 12:06 PM
I loved that song he did (Smalltown Boy) back in the '80s but don't like him much now he's at Hearts.

MWHIBBIES
24-10-2018, 12:07 PM
Scores goals, all that matters really. I'd take him.

The 90+2
24-10-2018, 12:38 PM
He’s a winner and a good good player. Still a wee ***** though.

FilipinoHibs
24-10-2018, 12:39 PM

Junior hun.

makaveli1875
24-10-2018, 01:24 PM
He's a better footballer than leigh Griffiths apparently :rolleyes:

Truth is he's barely a footballer at all , he's a dirty little clogger . Most of his goals this season have been penalties and his biggest contribution to any game is fouling people and trying to act hard.

The best anyone will say about him is he's a good professional , even thats a stretch .. professional sportsmen dont boot a guy in the baws while he's down injured then scream in his face like some wee chavvy hooligan

heretoday
24-10-2018, 01:27 PM
Scores goals, all that matters really. I'd take him.

:agree:

hibsbollah
24-10-2018, 01:33 PM
Legs have gone. Past it. :greengrin

iwasthere1972
24-10-2018, 02:00 PM
Definitely dirty player and sleekit with it too. Pretty sure that this was not the description I would have had of him pre Hearts. In fact it was the complete opposite. Always thought of him as being a good player and didn't see the bad side of him. It's now his trademark since arriving in Gorgie.

Hope one of our players take him out. I don't mean for dinner and wine either.

Without a doubt dirty little rat.

Betty Boop
24-10-2018, 02:29 PM

Aye nae bother.

Fergos
24-10-2018, 03:24 PM
I loved that song he did (Smalltown Boy) back in the '80s but don't like him much now he's at Hearts.

😆 apt & funny!

EH54
24-10-2018, 03:25 PM
If we were to be losing this game, might be worthwhile just doing the wee pest, be worth a few points if he's out long term😏. Bartley and Milligan in there and you won't see him.

Stuart93
24-10-2018, 03:27 PM
Hate Naismith as well little prick. Do kind of wish we had a similar player in our team though with the swagger & attitude to an extent, just not as bad

Smartie
24-10-2018, 03:31 PM
Hate Naismith as well little prick. Do kind of wish we had a similar player in our team though with the swagger & attitude to an extent, just not as bad

We don't really have a great deal of "swagger" right now.

It's not a coincidence that our teams who tended to have the most swagger tended to do well in derbies.

Jones28
24-10-2018, 03:45 PM
Another hearts thread? Really?

WhileTheChief..
24-10-2018, 03:46 PM

Amazing eh. We were told that plenty times and now he’s Scotland’s no1 striker!!

Gotta hand it to Levein eh, he knows you know.

superfurryhibby
24-10-2018, 04:00 PM
Naismith has always been a dirty, irritating wee fan dan. That hasn’t changed by joining Hearts. He is fit and scoring goals and even the most blinkered amongst us would have to concede that he’s been an excellent signing.

However, comments about breaking legs etc, nae class. Lets just get it right up him and his teammates by being the better team.

alihibs1
24-10-2018, 04:04 PM
Cheat and a prick but hes the one that makes Heart tick. They really would struggle if he got injured.

I'll leave that one to Porteous.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

basehibby
24-10-2018, 04:06 PM
Dirty, moaning faced wee *****. Constantly in the ref’s ear and banging in the goals. Would love him at ER.

THIS.

I don't really get the hate-in - actually I do. He's a good player for THEM which is enough for some to get into blinkered vitriol mode (see Paul Hartley). I always thought he was a decent player since he broke through at Kilmarnock and nothing has happened to change my mind in that respect.

He's skillful and also competitive - gets in folks faces and does his bit for the team he's playing for. Only thing not to like is the team he happens to be playing for :cb

HIBERNIAN-0762
24-10-2018, 04:06 PM
He's away next season due to some fud paying his wages for a season allegedly 5k a week isn't he?

Renfrew_Hibby
24-10-2018, 04:10 PM
Bumped into him once in the Siverburn shopping centre in a toy shop. We both have young kids about the same age and they went off playing together.
Had a quick chat about kids, toys and stuff like that. Nice guy that day but on the pitch he is a snidey so and so.
Really enjoyed watching him in his younger days at Killie.

Elephant Stone
24-10-2018, 04:19 PM

I feel like the only positive words I read from you tend to be on Hearts threads. Interesting.

alihibs1
24-10-2018, 04:22 PM
Hate Naismith as well little prick. Do kind of wish we had a similar player in our team though with the swagger & attitude to an extent, just not as badKamberi can be a bit like that.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Hibs1969
24-10-2018, 04:23 PM
Bumped into him once in the Siverburn shopping centre in a toy shop. We both have young kids about the same age and they went off playing together.
Had a quick chat about kids, toys and stuff like that. Nice guy that day but on the pitch he is a snidey so and so.
Really enjoyed watching him in his younger days at Killie.

Especially March 2007 at Hampden. He played a blinder that day :flag:

Sammy7nil
24-10-2018, 04:28 PM

Dear oh dear:rolleyes:

The 90+2
24-10-2018, 04:35 PM
He's away next season due to some fud paying his wages for a season allegedly 5k a week isn't he?

Why would he be away? I think he will end his career there.

DH1875
24-10-2018, 04:51 PM

Cause hearts don't pay his wages.

SquashedFrogg
24-10-2018, 04:55 PM
THIS.

I don't really get the hate-in - actually I do. He's a good player for THEM which is enough for some to get into blinkered vitriol mode (see Paul Hartley). I always thought he was a decent player since he broke through at Kilmarnock and nothing has happened to change my mind in that respect.

He's skillful and also competitive - gets in folks faces and does his bit for the team he's playing for. Only thing not to like is the team he happens to be playing for :cb

Not sure skillful is accurate.

The 90+2
24-10-2018, 04:56 PM
Cause hearts don't pay his wages.

And who will pay his wages next year in Scotland?

HIBERNIAN-0762
24-10-2018, 04:57 PM

No he won't unless another moneybags donor comes up with the cash.

DH1875
24-10-2018, 05:41 PM
And who will pay his wages next year in Scotland?

The rangers :dunno:

Scouse Hibee
24-10-2018, 05:45 PM
Great guy off the pitch and the type of player you love to hate when playing against you. Bags of ability and is showing he’s still capable, a fantastic signing for Hearts.

The 90+2
24-10-2018, 06:02 PM
No he won't unless another moneybags donor comes up with the cash.

So where does he go from there wanting to stay in Scotland? The huns hate him although I would rather have him there than doing well In gorgie.

The 90+2
24-10-2018, 06:02 PM
The rangers :dunno:

Hope so or Killie.

CMurdoch
24-10-2018, 06:07 PM
Some no class kneejerk fans forum comments on this thread.

Naismith wasn't up to speed last season but this season he is on it to an extent that Norwich should be recalling him.
He is competing all over the pitch, fights for every ball and every decision, scoring goals and is the heartbeat of his team.
Would be delighted if he was our player.

However, he has no outrageous talent so if our guys are switched on and compete with him for the whole game at Halloween we will be fine.

Speedy
24-10-2018, 06:07 PM
I've always quite liked him. Has done alright for Scotland and seems to give his all.

Since90+2
24-10-2018, 06:08 PM
Great guy off the pitch and the type of player you love to hate when playing against you. Bags of ability and is showing he’s still capable, a fantastic signing for Hearts.

He is a decent player but IMO he is unnecessarily dirty when he plays. See the stamp on Scott Brown earlier on in the season.

John McGinn for example was similarly combative but never stooped to stamping or diving like Naismith does.

He might be a great guy off the park but that's immaterial as 99 percent of fans will only ever see him and judge him on his behaviour on it.

Scouse Hibee
24-10-2018, 06:10 PM
He is a decent player but IMO he is unnecessarily dirty when he plays. See the stamp on Scott Brown earlier on in the season.

John McGinn for example was similarly combative but never stooped to stamping or diving like Naismith does.

He might be a great guy off the park but that's immaterial as 99 percent of fans will only ever see him and judge him on his behaviour on it.

Yea he also has that nasty streak, I still like him though.

KDY Hibs
24-10-2018, 06:20 PM

Unfortunately I think we miss this type of player, only younger, they will suffer however when his nevitable injures start.......

where'stheslope
24-10-2018, 06:29 PM
Unfortunately I think we miss this type of player, only younger, they will suffer however when his nevitable injures start.......
Reading this thread his injuries start next Wednesday, and looking at the different comments we will have a mass sending off with about 3/4 players having a dig????

HIBERNIAN-0762
24-10-2018, 06:36 PM
Some no class kneejerk fans forum comments on this thread.

Naismith wasn't up to speed last season but this season he is on it to an extent that Norwich should be recalling him.
He is competing all over the pitch, fights for every ball and every decision, scoring goals and is the heartbeat of his team.
Would be delighted if he was our player.

However, he has no outrageous talent so if our guys are switched on and compete with him for the whole game at Halloween we will be fine.

Quite possibly this.

LustForLeith
24-10-2018, 06:48 PM
I’d take him in a minute at Easter Road

Gmack7
24-10-2018, 07:00 PM
Scott Brown retribution on Sunday with a bit of luck

Brooster
24-10-2018, 07:01 PM
Why not start up another yam thread eh.

tamig
24-10-2018, 07:04 PM
Scott Brown retribution on Sunday with a bit of luck

Browns injured is he not?

blackpoolhibs
24-10-2018, 07:29 PM
If he can find his legs, then the gimps have some player and some goalscorer.

hibsbollah
24-10-2018, 08:35 PM

Hes like McGregor, hes got no legs left.

greenlex
24-10-2018, 09:50 PM
We don't really have a great deal of "swagger" right now.

It's not a coincidence that our teams who tended to have the most swagger tended to do well in derbies.

We really don’t have a great deal of swagger right now? Really?
Leagues top scorers and up at the right end if the table with a good bit of style. Plaudits all round. What is it you’re after?

jacomo
24-10-2018, 10:38 PM
I've always quite liked him. Has done alright for Scotland and seems to give his all.

Remember those rumours about us putting in a £1m bid when he was at Killie?

Even if the clubs had agreed a fee, Rangers offered much higher wages than us so not sure it ever could have happened. Would have been something though.

Stuart93
24-10-2018, 10:55 PM
I feel like the only positive words I read from you tend to be on Hearts threads. Interesting.

You miss the part where I called him a prick or you only seeing what you want to see?

Glad other posters got what I meant. Think we’ve lost a bit of swagger after Cummings leaving and even Scott Allan & John McGinn to an extent. Think out of our current players Bartley has it but I doubt we’ll see much of him now unfortunately as he loved noising up they jambo *******s

Tornadoes70
24-10-2018, 11:51 PM
I can't stand him because he's always looking to con the referees. He's either diving or throwing himself into challenges forcing the ref into making a decision not caring whether its right or not. He's an out and out cheat as far as I'm concerned and definitely not Hibs Class. Cannot be doing with someone like him who's always looking to deceive a referee. Remember John McDonald iirc of the huns who was similarly always seeking to con a ref and its entirely yam classless. The ref should already be aware of the yam con artists and punish them accordingly, here's hoping anyway, if the ref does what he should do we should win if we're at our best which is playing football.

Mon the Cabbage!!!

:flag:

Mikey09
25-10-2018, 12:18 AM
Some absolute classless comments on this thread. Deary me. He's a football player! :rolleyes:

Hermit Crab
25-10-2018, 12:24 AM
He's on loan but you can bet clubs are looking at his form just now.

we are hibs
25-10-2018, 07:11 AM

:yawn:

Spike Mandela
25-10-2018, 07:24 AM
He can play football but he’s a horrible little scrote.

I expect him to be diving, snarling, and full of sneaky little digs and kicks whilst claiming for everything.

Neil Lennon who had a few unlikeable traits himself will have Hibs prepared for this.

Jones28
25-10-2018, 09:16 AM
He can play football but he’s a horrible little scrote.

I expect him to be diving, snarling, and full of sneaky little digs and kicks whilst claiming for everything.

Neil Lennon who had a few unlikeable traits himself will have Hibs prepared for this.

Lennon was probably the most odious cretin I've seen on the pitch. He was a horrible player but he was a winner. Same with Naismith.

Make no mistake, he must be kept quiet.

YanYansen
25-10-2018, 09:38 AM
Lennon was probably the most odious cretin I've seen on the pitch. He was a horrible player but he was a winner. Same with Naismith.

Make no mistake, he must be kept quiet.

I actually think, with Daz not being fully up to speed, that of all our CBs Ryan Porteous is the one most likely to take care of the wee ******* - and I don't mean take him out, just keep ontop of him.

Hibiza
25-10-2018, 09:52 AM

and the sound.:flag:

McSwanky
25-10-2018, 09:53 AM
Good player, don't think anyone could argue with that. Wouldn't be surprised to see Celtic in for him in January if Hearts are still flying high.

Jones28
25-10-2018, 09:58 AM
I actually think, with Daz not being fully up to speed, that of all our CBs Ryan Porteous is the one most likely to take care of the wee ******* - and I don't mean take him out, just keep ontop of him.

I quite agree.

Stokesy's on fire
25-10-2018, 10:05 AM
Steven Naismith is playing very well for Hearts like or lump it. But let's remember our players can stand up to the likes of him and many other players who try to get in the faces of other teams we have our very own wind up merchants who are more than capable of putting Naismith out of the game and i don't mean by snapping him either.

The 90+2
25-10-2018, 10:23 AM
Good player, don't think anyone could argue with that. Wouldn't be surprised to see Celtic in for him in January if Hearts are still flying high.

Can you sign a player on loan at another to play for them that season? That would certainly be in the best interests of the parent club considering he’s out of contract next summer.

Billy Whizz
25-10-2018, 11:00 AM
Can you sign a player on loan at another to play for them that season? That would certainly be in the best interests of the parent club considering he’s out of contract next summer.

Depends if Norwich have put a clause in his loan deal, so they can recall him in January if they wanted

The 90+2
25-10-2018, 11:19 AM
Depends if Norwich have put a clause in his loan deal, so they can recall him in January if they wanted

👍 I just can’t ever remember a player going on loan for a season then leaving half way through being sold to another side.

The Spaceman
25-10-2018, 11:19 AM
Very unlikable and very good player on the pitch. Would love it if he played for us.

Smartie
25-10-2018, 11:36 AM
👍 I just can’t ever remember a player going on loan for a season then leaving half way through being sold to another side.

Lewis Grabban spent the first half of last season on loan from Bournemouth to Sunderland after joining on loan for the season. Sunderland were pish and he hated it there so was recalled to Bournemouth before being sent out on loan again to Villa. He still finished the season as Sunderland's top scorer.

I suppose there are reasons why someone might be recalled then sent somewhere else - if Norwich could get significantly more from another club down South than they're getting from Hearts would they not be able to recall him then punt him elsewhere (with his blessing presumably)?

Diclonius
25-10-2018, 11:39 AM
I just can’t ever remember a player going on loan for a season then leaving half way through being sold to another side.

Willo Flood did when he moved from United to Celtic.

bruno
25-10-2018, 11:51 AM

Scott Bain?

The 90+2
25-10-2018, 11:52 AM
Willo Flood did when he moved from United to Celtic.

Good call 👍

The 90+2
25-10-2018, 11:53 AM
Lewis Grabban spent the first half of last season on loan from Bournemouth to Sunderland after joining on loan for the season. Sunderland were pish and he hated it there so was recalled to Bournemouth before being sent out on loan again to Villa. He still finished the season as Sunderland's top scorer.

I suppose there are reasons why someone might be recalled then sent somewhere else - if Norwich could get significantly more from another club down South than they're getting from Hearts would they not be able to recall him then punt him elsewhere (with his blessing presumably)?

True and as pointed out it happened with Flood.

The 90+2
25-10-2018, 11:53 AM
Scott Bain?

We sent Bain back so he could go on loan to Celtic, us Scott Allan.

TelaStella
25-10-2018, 01:55 PM
Hopefully we get to the stage on Wednesday night that we’re sitting 4-0 up with 10 mins to go and someone takes one for all of us and absolutely smashes through the wee maggot. Couldn’t care less how he acts outside of the game , as a football fan I’ll judge his behaviour on the pitch and he is a twat of the absolute highest order.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Halifaxhibby
25-10-2018, 02:11 PM
Really enjoyed Kevin thomsons interview with si ferry, especially the part about when he was at the govan zombies.....big wattie asking "how long" before kev put his mark on someone early on in a game....sets the tone. I think if big marv or spike clatter that wee nyaff early on, really wind him up he'll blow his lid.

As someone else mentioned, he's a decent player and could cause us problems.

HALF HIM EARLY ON!

GGTTH
FTHMFC

heretoday
25-10-2018, 02:24 PM

He did OK for Everton, scoring a hat-trick against Chelsea at one point. He didn't have a nasty streak at Goodison though.
That seems to have come with age!

The 90+2
25-10-2018, 02:26 PM
He did OK for Everton, scoring a hat-trick against Chelsea at one point. He didn't have a nasty streak at Goodison though.
That seems to have come with age!

He was similar to now at the zombies.

Here’s Lucy!
25-10-2018, 04:35 PM
Whether we like it or not, he is having a good season. It's imperative that we give him no space on Wednesday.

HibbyAndy
25-10-2018, 04:38 PM
Is this wee scrote not on about 50 grand a week with norwich pretty much picking up the full tab ?

Hearts are jammy bassas getting him and contributing peanuts to his wage

BILLYHIBS
25-10-2018, 04:41 PM
Yip! Remember last January he missed a glorious chance to score early doors but fluffed it due to him being rusty and off form no way can we afford to give him the same amount of room this time.

givescotlandfreedom
25-10-2018, 04:44 PM

Correct

blackpoolhibs
25-10-2018, 04:44 PM
Is this wee scrote not on about 50 grand a week with norwich pretty much picking up the full tab ?

Hearts are jammy bassas getting him and contributing peanuts to his wage

Bogdan is apparently on a huge wage, i cant see us paying much more than a nominal amount for his services?

Allant1981
25-10-2018, 05:02 PM
Bogdan is apparently on a huge wage, i cant see us paying much more than a nominal amount for his services?

apparently bogdan is on approx £25k per week, we will be paying next to nothing compared to that

SirDavidsNapper
25-10-2018, 05:56 PM
He's the new Nade and Skatchel. Pantomime villan everyone loves to hate. We need characters like that. Makes it more interesting and more enjoyable when we turn them over.

Onion
25-10-2018, 06:04 PM
He's the new Nade and Skatchel. Pantomime villan everyone loves to hate. We need characters like that. Makes it more interesting and more enjoyable when we turn them over.

Naismith has serious wee man issues, with a double chips on his shoulders. Nade ate all his chips and Skatchel was a woman.

Diclonius
25-10-2018, 06:15 PM

S****l was not a pantomime villain. Will agree on Nade and you can add Hartley to that.

It is good to have someone we can all get behind strongly disliking (hate is a strong word) again, makes a chance from when they had duffers we'd regularly turn over. :wink: