PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: PORTEOUS AND MURRAY EXTEND CONTRACTS UNTIL 2023

RSS Bot
24-10-2018, 09:20 AM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/9355)

BlackSheep
24-10-2018, 09:23 AM
Great news.

Greenbeard
24-10-2018, 09:24 AM
Great news to have these two contracted for that long.

Diclonius
Great news, especially for Porteous. I guess this means Lennon still sees a future here for Murray?

My_Wife_Camille
Great news, especially regarding Ryan.

Have to say I'm a little surprised that Fraser has been given such a long extension given how little he's featured in the last 14 months. Hopefully a sign that he might get some game time in the near future

mim
Excellent :flag:

My_Wife_Camille
24-10-2018, 09:30 AM
Anyone else think this is great news?

green day
24-10-2018, 09:31 AM

Brilliant 👍

matty_f
24-10-2018, 09:36 AM

Great post! :agree: I think it's great news as well (the news, not the post, actually - the post as well).

I feel like Tony the Tiger.

Peevemor
24-10-2018, 09:37 AM
Great news.

brog
24-10-2018, 09:37 AM

Have to say I'm a little surprised that Fraser has been given such a long extension given how little he's featured in the last 14 months. Hopefully a sign that he might get some game time in the near future

I agree. Great news 're Ryan but slightly surprising though also excellent re Fraser. With Danny & Scott Martin gone & Hyndman only here short term perhaps Fraser will enjoy more game time later in the season.

Onceinawhile
24-10-2018, 09:49 AM
Great news.

Alex Trager
24-10-2018, 09:53 AM
Delighted with this Porteous news.
Surprised that Murray has been given such a big contract

Ged
24-10-2018, 09:54 AM

Every time you cast doubt on Fraser you're reminded that George Craig has said that he's still growing and he won't be thrown in until he's ready physically. Will it ever sink in?

Brooster
24-10-2018, 09:56 AM
Excellent news. Two great players. I think Ryan should play every game. Opponents know they are in a game when he is around.

Billy Whizz
24-10-2018, 10:02 AM
Brilliant news. Well done Hibs

BOB MARLEYS DUG
24-10-2018, 10:08 AM
What kind of midfielder is FM ?

The_Horde
24-10-2018, 10:14 AM
Grand news.

J-C
24-10-2018, 10:14 AM

Superb news regarding 2 very good young players, as for Fraser he was hampered by injury and although technically very good probably needs a bit of bulking up, a good loan in the championship would do him the world of good.

J-C
24-10-2018, 10:15 AM
What kind of midfielder is FM ?

Attack minded, probably similar to Hyndman

My_Wife_Camille
24-10-2018, 10:19 AM
Every time you cast doubt on Fraser you're reminded that George Craig has said that he's still growing and he won't be thrown in until he's ready physically. Will it ever sink in?
And every time someone accuses me of casting doubt over him I respond by saying that I think he's a great young player which is the very reason why I think we should be seeing more of him. Maybe you should let that sink in?

The lad is coming up for his 20th birthday, it's not like he's a 16 year old fresh out of school. Is he really that physically weak that he can't manage the odd 5-20 minute spell towards the end of the game over a 14 month period? Is he that physically weak that he couldn't have even made some of those 30 second appearances that Danny Swanson made last season?

There's a middle ground between being 'thrown in' (as you put it) and being eased in. Is it not possible at all that his development is actually being slowed down by alack of first team football?

The great news is that he's now got 5 years to work at it. Hopefully it works out but the longer it goes the more I wonder if it will.

Ozyhibby
24-10-2018, 10:28 AM
Great news about Porteuos. He looks like he will be a fantastic player. No idea about Murray, I’ve not seen enough of him although when I seen him play for the 20’s he was a stand out. It’s a massive step up from there though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

500miles
24-10-2018, 10:31 AM
Great news about Porteuos. He looks like he will be a fantastic player. No idea about Murray, I’ve not seen enough of him although when I seen him play for the 20’s he was a stand out. It’s a massive step up from there though.

Murray was a standout in last years league Cup too.

My_Wife_Camille
24-10-2018, 10:41 AM
Superb news regarding 2 very good young players, as for Fraser he was hampered by injury and although technically very good probably needs a bit of bulking up, a good loan in the championship would do him the world of good.
I've seen that mentioned JC and I don't mean to split hairs but is appears that he's still been playing regularly for the development/U20's so I'm not sure how much the injury has actually stopped him from playing.

Had a quick look and it seems he's played in every month from september 2017 until now, including a few Scotland games.

Since90+2
24-10-2018, 10:45 AM
I cant imagine Fraser Murray is on big wages and I think there's real potential with him so a good bit of business.

Porteuos is destined for the very top and we will get big money for him when he moves on in 18 months - 2 years.

calumhibee1
24-10-2018, 11:03 AM
And every time someone accuses me of casting doubt over him I respond by saying that I think he's a great young player which is the very reason why I think we should be seeing more of him. Maybe you should let that sink in?

The lad is coming up for his 20th birthday, it's not like he's a 16 year old fresh out of school. Is he really that physically weak that he can't manage the odd 5-20 minute spell towards the end of the game over a 14 month period? Is he that physically weak that he couldn't have even made some of those 30 second appearances that Danny Swanson made last season?

There's a middle ground between being 'thrown in' (as you put it) and being eased in. Is it not possible at all that his development is actually being slowed down by alack of first team football?

The great news is that he's now got 5 years to work at it. Hopefully it works out but the longer it goes the more I wonder if it will.

Agree. Loved the look of Fraser Murray whenever I’ve seen him but I’m surprised at this due to his lack of games. Hopefully he’ll get some time to show what he can do at some point as he’s definitely talented. Is he worse physically than Cochrane at Hearts who played regularly last season?

Smartie
24-10-2018, 11:10 AM
Underwhelmed.

scoopyboy
24-10-2018, 11:12 AM
Great news.

The cynical part of me thinks that there is no way Ryan will be here in 2023 but at least we can keep him without having to worry about his contract running down.

jacomo
24-10-2018, 11:17 AM
Very good news.

Also excited about potential for the club to develop its relationship with 77 Sports Management. Andy Murray might be one the Scottish Jorge Mendes!

Billy Whizz
24-10-2018, 11:35 AM
Very good news.

Also excited about potential for the club to develop its relationship with 77 Sports Management. Andy Murray might be one the Scottish Jorge Mendes!

They got any other players on their books?

superfurryhibby
24-10-2018, 11:41 AM
Porteous has no doubt been rewarded with a wage rise commensurate to his value to the team. Excellent business from Hibs in securing an extension to the lad’s contract.

Lennon clearly has faith in Murray and hopefully he will repay that by breaking into the squad and getting onto the pitch. Players develop at different stages, physically and psychologically. Here’s hoping he stoes up to the mark and imposes h8mself enough to compete for a place. If he does then it will prove a sound investment, given the competition for places in the midfield.

Very good news indeed.

J-C
24-10-2018, 11:51 AM
I've seen that mentioned JC and I don't mean to split hairs but is appears that he's still been playing regularly for the development/U20's so I'm not sure how much the injury has actually stopped him from playing.

Had a quick look and it seems he's played in every month from september 2017 until now, including a few Scotland games.

Like you I remember someone on here saying he had an injury at the start of the season which hampered his development, can't remember who it was that said it. He's now 20 and I'd like to think he should be pushing into the squad like Porteous, unfortunately the team and Lennon are now pushing for higher levels and maybe a loan would be good for him to get game time but the odd 10-15 mins here and there wouldn't go a miss.

Weir07
24-10-2018, 11:51 AM

Really good to hear we've got these two signed up long term, Ryan Porteous has all the attributes to be a top centre half, hard to believe he's only 19, a bit raw but doesn't look out of place in the first team. Admittedly only seen him a few times but always been impressed with Fraser Murray, every time he gets the ball his head is up and he's looking for a forward pass or an attacking move, thought with all the midfielders we lost in the summer, he would have had more of a chance and was a bit worried that he'd slipped out of contention for a first team slot, so good to see the club rate him enough to give him a five year deal, as some who follow the development squad have said, maybe requires a more robust physique to play week in week out.

BILLYHIBS
24-10-2018, 11:55 AM
What’s not to like? All good! Great business for the club and would love to see both young men kick on and truly establish themselves in the first team

B.H.F.C
24-10-2018, 11:57 AM
Just as good news for us as it is Porteous.

Murray should take a lot of confidence from that. To get that length of deal at 19, when he’s not played for the first team for a year, doesn’t happen very often. I though he looked a brilliant prospect when he first broke through. I hope he can kick on.

neil7908
24-10-2018, 12:04 PM
Well done Hibs, Ryan is already a first team player and as others have said, already looks like a multi million pound player.

I'm hoping this means Murray will start to kick on and get more involved in the first team

Billy Whizz
24-10-2018, 12:11 PM
Seen both these lads play a lot of Development games over the last few years. Both are outstanding prospects. Ryan has really made the breakthrough this season, and has grabbed his chance. He’s just going to get better. He’s been playing left side in the 1st team, but more natural on the right

Fraser had a few niggling injuries this year, which has probably halted his progress. He’s been played in multiple positions in the development team, but I really like him in the last 1/3 of the pitch, although I think he can play where Hyndman is playing just now

Lemonade
24-10-2018, 12:16 PM
This is great news.
Clearly both are very happy here.

Bangkok Hibby
24-10-2018, 12:33 PM
Underwhelmed.

What would be more "whelming" for you? Locking in two young, talented players, probably future International players is good news for the club. Exciting times

J-C
24-10-2018, 12:38 PM
Seen both these lads play a lot of Development games over the last few years. Both are outstanding prospects. Ryan has really made the breakthrough this season, and has grabbed his chance. He’s just going to get better. He’s been playing left side in the 1st team, but more natural on the right

Fraser had a few niggling injuries this year, which has probably halted his progress. He’s been played in multiple positions in the development team, but I really like him in the last 1/3 of the pitch, although I think he can play where Hyndman is playing just now

Is he a lefty or a righty Billy?

Billy Whizz
24-10-2018, 12:57 PM
Is he a lefty or a righty Billy?

Fraser is natully right footed, but he’s really good on his left too. Played quite a few games left of a front 3, can take the full back on either way

theonlywayisup
24-10-2018, 01:15 PM
I've always stated that when the three youngsters of Shaw, Murray and Porteous all broke into the team around the same time that I felt that Murray was the best of the bunch. Time will tell, but I hope we'll see a lot more of him throughout this season. Break him in gently into a top performing side should do it.

blackpoolhibs
24-10-2018, 01:16 PM

Now that is a loan deal i'd certainly agree with, can he be loaned out now until January? :confused:

04Sauzee
24-10-2018, 01:33 PM
Now that is a loan deal i'd certainly agree with, can he be loaned out now until January? :confused:

I'm pretty sure championship clubs can get emergency loans. I know we done similar in the champions. Not sure how long the loans can be for tbough? 30 days?

J-C
24-10-2018, 01:49 PM
Fraser is natully right footed, but he’s really good on his left too. Played quite a few games left of a front 3, can take the full back on either way

Apart from the 3-4 appearances, I know little about him but I know you do all the reporting from the Dev games. I can only go by the Football Manager researcher who has him as a lefty, so thanks for that.

Keith_M
24-10-2018, 01:57 PM
Very good news!

:aok:

basehibby
24-10-2018, 03:22 PM

Congratulations to the pair of them. Porteous has demonstrated very ably this season that he's worthy of an extension. But Murray also looked very promising at the start of last season. I think he would have gotten a lot more game time last season but the midfield was picking itself most weeks - extremely competitive. This season it's still strong but maybe some more chinks of light appearing in terms of Frazer's first team opportunities.

Smartie
24-10-2018, 03:29 PM
What would be more "whelming" for you? Locking in two young, talented players, probably future International players is good news for the club. Exciting times

I agree with you, my comment wasn't serious.

I thought there was a good chance that this news would be met with 100% approval so thought I'd provide a bit of balance.

(If I wasn't on my phone I'd do that "fishing" smiley thing, as I'm delighted to have got a bite).

Hibs90
24-10-2018, 03:30 PM
Delighted that Porteous has signed up. Future Hibs captain.

cabbageandribs1875
24-10-2018, 03:34 PM
a rather guid bit o business, get Ryan in that Scotland defence instead of Soapy Souttar

Billy Whizz
24-10-2018, 03:38 PM
a rather guid bit o business, get Ryan in that Scotland defence instead of Soapy Souttar

Ryan’s already said he wants to progress to full squad. He’s been a standout at under 21 level for Scotland

GoalsMcGinley
24-10-2018, 04:59 PM
Fraser been struggling with a nightly groin injury for around 6 months now hence the lack of first team appearances. To quote George Craig “technically he’s the best out of the lot. Best for a long,long time”. Told me that to my face.

SquashedFrogg
24-10-2018, 05:00 PM
Underwhelmed.

Oh dear.

murray26
24-10-2018, 05:02 PM
Delighted with this news Ryan really has the potential to captain Hibs and Scotland..

Billy Whizz
24-10-2018, 05:25 PM
Should have added, well done to the board on getting these agreed

BILLYHIBS
24-10-2018, 05:28 PM
Underwhelmed.

What about if HIBS announce they have signed Scott Allan in January?

:dunno:

Smartie
24-10-2018, 05:53 PM

Oh dear.

What about if HIBS announce they have signed Scott Allan in January?

:dunno:

:fishin:

BILLYHIBS
24-10-2018, 05:59 PM

You got me hook line and sinker! :thumbsup:

RoscoHibby
24-10-2018, 06:08 PM

🤣🤣🤣🇳🇬

kaimendhibs
24-10-2018, 06:19 PM
Fantastic news

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

eastcoasthibby
24-10-2018, 06:40 PM
Delighted to have them both signed up on these deals, Ryan has come through a bit quicker and shown what he can do already, with room for development looking like he has a great future ahead of him.
Fraser is a player I have enjoyed watching in the development team, and its.been great to see him perform well in his first team outings. I think he is an exciting player.to watch, great touch and ability to find space, take players on and link up with others in midfield and up front, I think he will give us something to smile about when he starts to get more game time.
Seem to be good grounded lads who are hard workers and want to learn....well done Hibs

bingo70
24-10-2018, 06:40 PM
I think the Murray deal is the first time we’re seeing the benefit of the new reserve league.

If it was still the under 20’s we’d probably need to make a decision on his future between now and the end of the season and it appears he’s going to be a late developer physically.

Not all players are physically ready by 18/19 years old but up until now we’ve had to release them.

SquashedFrogg
24-10-2018, 08:10 PM
🤣🤣🤣🇳🇬

Don't encourage. RH you need to get your house in order 😁

As anside, and without making a song and dance, my old grandad passed yesterday. Aged 89. Witnessed the F5, TTs, and 2016

He has requested Sunshine on Leith at his funeral on Tuesday.

Viva Jimmy Hutcheon. GGTTH

RoscoHibby
24-10-2018, 08:29 PM
Don't encourage. RH you need to get your house in order 😁

As anside, and without making a song and dance, my old grandad passed yesterday. Aged 89. Witnessed the F5, TTs, and 2016

He has requested Sunshine on Leith at his funeral on Tuesday.

Viva Jimmy Hutcheon. GGTTH

Im sorry to hear it mate. That's some innings, seen the lot hibs wise..speak soon, see what's happening for the derby. Glory glory

NORTHERNHIBBY
24-10-2018, 10:59 PM
Encouraged by the way that Lennon talks about Murray.

Brightside
24-10-2018, 11:09 PM
Murray is quality and I’d expect to see more of him post January.

The_Horde
24-10-2018, 11:21 PM
Encouraged by the way that Lennon talks about Murray.

Anywhere in particular?

Bangkok Hibby
25-10-2018, 07:00 AM
I agree with you, my comment wasn't serious.

I thought there was a good chance that this news would be met with 100% approval so thought I'd provide a bit of balance.

(If I wasn't on my phone I'd do that "fishing" smiley thing, as I'm delighted to have got a bite).

HaHa well done, I'm hooked :agree: I hated smileys originally but they definitely serve a purpose sometimes :na na:

Famous Fiver
25-10-2018, 03:34 PM
If and when Porteous moves on, having him on a longer contract increases his selling price.

Good move by Hibs.

Practically demolishes Celtic's chance of tempting him along the M8!!!

NORTHERNHIBBY
25-10-2018, 06:01 PM
Anywhere in particular?

Click on the link in the first post.

The_Horde
26-10-2018, 09:04 AM
Click on the link in the first post.

You can almost guarantee the club wrote that for him.