PDA

View Full Version : Agm

theonlywayisup
24-10-2018, 06:20 AM
It's the AGM tonight. I always enjoy attending these whether the mood in the room is positive or not.

Looking forward to hearing Neil speak tonight. He always speaks well.

Anyone else going? What do you think the hot topics for tonight will be.

Kojock
24-10-2018, 06:28 AM
It's the AGM tonight. I always enjoy attending these whether the mood in the room is positive or not.

Crap pies, tannoy problems, filling in the corners and loyalty points 😂

Danderhall Hibs
24-10-2018, 06:35 AM
There’ll be a question that’s driven by panic about hearts being “miles ahead” of us.

ian cruise
24-10-2018, 06:49 AM
A plane is standing on a runway that can moves like a massive conveyer belt.... actually that's maybe for the pub afterwards.

The team seems settled, that's us lost key members and replaced them with players who are as good, if not better, a few times so I hope some of the other gripes do come up time and time again on here are addressed such as the tannoy, behind the goals and catering, even if the answer is that there's no plans to review as the club would prefer to focus on x, y and z instead. At least folks will know that the topics have been considered and dismissed for valid reasons rather than the club are unaware of the issues or just ignoring them.

While they're not big things they do reflect on the club and both our own fans, and others view of the club and we want the fans attending our stadium to have the best experience possible so they keep coming back.

Juniper Greens
24-10-2018, 07:19 AM
A plane is standing on a runway that can moves like a massive conveyer belt.... actually that's maybe for the pub afterwards.

The team seems settled, that's us lost key members and replaced them with players who are as good, if not better, a few times so I hope some of the other gripes do come up time and time again on here are addressed such as the tannoy, behind the goals and catering, even if the answer is that there's no plans to review as the club would prefer to focus on x, y and z instead. At least folks will know that the topics have been considered and dismissed for valid reasons rather than the club are unaware of the issues or just ignoring them.

While they're not big things they do reflect on the club and both our own fans, and others view of the club and we want the fans attending our stadium to have the best experience possible so they keep coming back.

Exactly. Would be keen to know progress on the indoor pitch at EM too. I think that would be a potential game changer for us

DarlingtonHibee
24-10-2018, 07:23 AM

Train this afternoon, always a good night, and great pies!!

calumhibee1
24-10-2018, 07:43 AM
Hopefully someone suggests the idea of allowing street food style venders to take over some of the pie stands.

Pretty Boy
24-10-2018, 08:16 AM
There was an episode of Peep Show a few years ago in which Jeremy states that the news peaked with 9/11, it was so spectacular that nothing else gets him going anymore.

I feel a bit like that with the Hibs AGM. Nothing will top the one in the 1st season after relegation. The build up included proposed takeovers, the protest, the anger, LD arguing with a former player, STF getting up and going on a furious rant, the reaction to that and some top notch pies into the bargain. These good times just don't cut it when it comes to giving good AGM.

overdrive
24-10-2018, 08:36 AM
Never been able to make one since becoming a shareholder. Is it advisable to get there a bit before 7? Are there refreshments?

SirDavidsNapper
24-10-2018, 09:00 AM
Like another poster said I'd be keen to find out where we are on the full sized indoor pitch at East Mains.

danhibees1875
24-10-2018, 09:10 AM
There was an episode of Peep Show a few years ago in which Jeremy states that the news peaked with 9/11, it was so spectacular that nothing else gets him going anymore.

I feel a bit like that with the Hibs AGM. Nothing will top the one in the 1st season after relegation. The build up included proposed takeovers, the protest, the anger, LD arguing with a former player, STF getting up and going on a furious rant, the reaction to that and some top notch pies into the bargain. These good times just don't cut it when it comes to giving good AGM.

That was peak AGM. :greengrin

The others have merged into one for me. There's usually quite good talks/presentations given about the squad and what they're working on etc and the year they had men and women's Scottish Cup's out on show was good too.

I suspect this year will see:

Loyalty Points (again) - with the same answer given about ST value, resource consumption, and admin costs.
Sevco/Celtic ticket allocation - probably with a "if we can sell the tickets to Hibs fans we will" answer to place the oneous on the fans to reduce the OF allocation.
McGinn transfer/money - answer around being a club that allows players to progress to the next level and how we secured the best deal for Hibs with emphasis on the money being spent on Kamberi/Mallan/Horgan.
McGinn add-ons - answered diplomatically without giving anything away.
HSL vs FoH/DNA - Emphasis placed on how NL is thankful for the extra budget and the fans contribution.
Catering/Shop/Tannoys - ongoing work to improve the fans matchday experience with Lafavourita pizza stall, new tannoy system, and shop products.
Singing Section - Discussion around the difficulties to move them anywhere now that stadium is mostly full of ST holders.

I'm mostly just going for the pie. :greengrin

CropleyWasGod
24-10-2018, 09:58 AM
Never been able to make one since becoming a shareholder. Is it advisable to get there a bit before 7? Are there refreshments?

There's the best pies this side of the East, so get there early.

hibbysam
24-10-2018, 10:03 AM
That was peak AGM. :greengrin

The others have merged into one for me. There's usually quite good talks/presentations given about the squad and what they're working on etc and the year they had men and women's Scottish Cup's out on show was good too.

I suspect this year will see:

Loyalty Points (again) - with the same answer given about ST value, resource consumption, and admin costs.
Sevco/Celtic ticket allocation - probably with a "if we can sell the tickets to Hibs fans we will" answer to place the oneous on the fans to reduce the OF allocation.
McGinn transfer/money - answer around being a club that allows players to progress to the next level and how we secured the best deal for Hibs with emphasis on the money being spent on Kamberi/Mallan/Horgan.
McGinn add-ons - answered diplomatically without giving anything away.
HSL vs FoH/DNA - Emphasis placed on how NL is thankful for the extra budget and the fans contribution.
Catering/Shop/Tannoys - ongoing work to improve the fans matchday experience with Lafavourita pizza stall, new tannoy system, and shop products.
Singing Section - Discussion around the difficulties to move them anywhere now that stadium is mostly full of ST holders.

I'm mostly just going for the pie. :greengrin

If that is the answer to the Celtic question I’d expect someone to ask why we don’t put the tickets on sale far earlier to make the tickets available to supporters at a time when costs may be a lot less, ie not right before Xmas. I went to buy a ticket for the derby and the Celtic game two weeks ago and couldn’t, even though I can buy tickets for games that aren’t until next year.

ancient hibee
24-10-2018, 10:41 AM
Can't go tonight-another AGM.

Hope someone asks about the ridiculous fixture list in December followed by a break-bad for business never mind the players.About time the clubs put pressure on SPFL admins re the way they treat customers.

Ozyhibby
24-10-2018, 10:44 AM
Nothing to do with the football side of things at Easter road gives me any cause for concern just now. It’s probably as good as it’s been.
Any questions I had would be to do with STF’s succession plan, how the club sees the game in Scotland progressing, if we have any thought on the introduction of FFP rules in Scotland, have we investigated the possibility of cross border leagues etc. Most of it they would not be able to answer but it’s important to ask these things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

danhibees1875
24-10-2018, 10:45 AM
If that is the answer to the Celtic question I’d expect someone to ask why we don’t put the tickets on sale far earlier to make the tickets available to supporters at a time when costs may be a lot less, ie not right before Xmas. I went to buy a ticket for the derby and the Celtic game two weeks ago and couldn’t, even though I can buy tickets for games that aren’t until next year.

I think that's a reasonable request. :agree:

Hope someone asks about the ridiculous fixture list in December followed by a break-bad for business never mind the players.About time the clubs put pressure on SPFL admins re the way they treat customers.

That would be a good question to guage board/manager opinion on. :agree:

Leith's finest
24-10-2018, 11:23 AM
Wonder if they will mention marothon bet? With the huts being shut, never heard much from them since simon murray left, donations to charity for goals scored etc. Have they pulled the plug?.

WeeRussell
24-10-2018, 11:34 AM
Wonder if they will mention marothon bet? With the huts being shut, never heard much from them since simon murray left, donations to charity for goals scored etc. Have they pulled the plug?.

Maybe they've just shat it now we've got a striker we expect to score regularly long-term :greengrin

Carheenlea
24-10-2018, 11:36 AM

Neil Lennon might ask that very question himself!
He did remark recently about the ridiculousness of it all leading up to the last of many International breaks.

My_Wife_Camille
24-10-2018, 11:36 AM
yep. We won't be seeing much more from them unfortunately

Carheenlea
24-10-2018, 11:39 AM

What’s happened with them? Right enough, they have went from being proactive and visible sponsors to not hearing anything from them or having any sort of presence at all.

BlackSheep
24-10-2018, 11:52 AM

What have you heard?

CallumLaidlaw
24-10-2018, 11:54 AM
What’s happened with them? Right enough, they have went from being proactive and visible sponsors to not hearing anything from them or having any sort of presence at all.

I don’t think Tom Zanelli works for them anymore who was a big part of the link between the clubs so wonder if that’s something to do with it.

superfurryhibby
24-10-2018, 12:44 PM
I never received an invite or copy of the annual report. E mailed the club and asked last week, no response.

Will I get in if I just turn up?

Slightly disappointed with tbh.

The Spaceman
24-10-2018, 12:55 PM
I never received an invite or copy of the annual report. E mailed the club and asked last week, no response.

Same for me! Usually get a set of annual accounts through the letterbox. Also first I have heard of a scheduled AGM.

Billy Whizz
24-10-2018, 12:55 PM

I’d have thought, so if you have ID on you
Your name will be on a roll at the reception

silverhibee
24-10-2018, 03:07 PM
Like another poster said I'd be keen to find out where we are on the full sized indoor pitch at East Mains.

Also a update regards the FF and what has happened with the nhs renovation.

Allant1981
24-10-2018, 03:19 PM

i was the same, first i knew of it was on here, as it turned out im working later anyway but was a bit miffed

danhibees1875
24-10-2018, 03:35 PM
i was the same, first i knew of it was on here, as it turned out im working later anyway but was a bit miffed

Surprised at the number of people who haven't received a copy of the accounts/AGM invite. Did you get them okay last year?

Don't worry - I'll eat your pie. :aok:

Greenbeard
24-10-2018, 03:55 PM
When does their shirt deal expire?
Performances and the attractive football being played should mean no bother getting a decent value for the next deal, whoever that might be with.

Juniper Greens
24-10-2018, 03:57 PM
When does their shirt deal expire?
Performances and the attractive football being played should mean no bother getting a decent value for the next deal, whoever that might be with.

This is the last season

Billy Whizz
24-10-2018, 03:59 PM
This is the last season

Maybe a great time for Hibs to negotiate big Strip and sponsorship deals

barcahibs
24-10-2018, 04:02 PM

I've never had my entry slip/invitation thing on the night. just give your name and address at the door and they'll sign you in.

Hibs3-2
24-10-2018, 04:18 PM
Just drove past. Theres a few folk outside with a “Petrie Out” banner holding their Season Tickets up

Carheenlea
24-10-2018, 04:24 PM
Just drove past. Theres a few folk outside with a “Petrie Out” banner holding their Season Tickets up

Why are they holding ST’s in the air?

BroxburnHibee
24-10-2018, 04:25 PM

I think we can all guess who's involved in that demonstration.

Allant1981
24-10-2018, 04:35 PM
Surprised at the number of people who haven't received a copy of the accounts/AGM invite. Did you get them okay last year?

aww cheers! yeah every year had it all sent out with no problem, unless the mrs has binned it and not said which is highly likely!!

My_Wife_Camille
24-10-2018, 04:43 PM
What have you heard?
There's been a breakdown in the relationship between them and the club. There is an option for a third year in place but marathonbet want out and the end of the season

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
24-10-2018, 04:54 PM

Im almost impressed by their determination to flog that horse. I find it really strange.

Heckys Wheel
24-10-2018, 05:20 PM

Who is it?

DarlingtonHibee
24-10-2018, 05:20 PM

Incredible, of course they will all be experts at running a professional football team......

Dancehibs
24-10-2018, 05:46 PM
Incredible, of course they will all be experts at running a professional football team......
Do you have to be an expert before you allowed an opinion?

danhibees1875
24-10-2018, 05:50 PM
I didn't see any protests? :confused:

Hermit Crab
24-10-2018, 05:55 PM
I didn't see any protests? :confused:

There might be a bit of wind ups going on here.

ancient hibee
24-10-2018, 06:06 PM

Interesting.I got two copies of everything(all in the one envelope).You can also eat my pie.

nonshinyfinish
24-10-2018, 06:15 PM
Anyone know the best person to contact to update my address as a shareholder? I tried to update it last year after I moved house (I think I used the form here (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/contact?selected=enquiry)?) – never got a reply so I assumed they didn't change it, which was confirmed as I didn't get the accounts this year.

Probably better to email someone directly, just not sure who…

CropleyWasGod
24-10-2018, 06:48 PM
Anyone know the best person to contact to update my address as a shareholder? I tried to update it last year after I moved house (I think I used the form here (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/contact?selected=enquiry)?) – never got a reply so I assumed they didn't change it, which was confirmed as I didn't get the accounts this year.

Probably better to email someone directly, just not sure who…Initially Jamie Marwick. He's leaving soon, though, so he'll probably just laugh and ignore you.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

matty_f
24-10-2018, 06:48 PM
Who is it?

There's no protest, afaik. I think someone is trying to be funny.

DarlingtonHibee
24-10-2018, 06:50 PM

I phoned the club last year when I moved house last year updated immediately and retresptive accounts arrived next day

DarlingtonHibee
24-10-2018, 06:52 PM
Do you have to be an expert before you allowed an opinion?

You at least need a plan b.

Quietest agm in years.

Hibs4185
24-10-2018, 06:53 PM
If you are a member of HSL do you get to attend the AGM?

Ringothedog
24-10-2018, 06:55 PM
If you are a member of HSL do you get to attend the AGM?

No

nonshinyfinish
24-10-2018, 07:00 PM
Initially Jamie Marwick. He's leaving soon, though, so he'll probably just laugh and ignore you.

Sack the f***ing board! :grr:

I phoned the club last year when I moved house last year updated immediately and retresptive accounts arrived next day

Cheers.

EVENTUALLY
24-10-2018, 07:14 PM

Malgorzata Brzezinska, Assistant Accountant. Email: MBrzezinska@hibernian.co.uk

This lady updated all my details and issued me with a fresh Share Certificate a couple of years ago, don't know if she is still there though. She was very helpful.

overdrive
24-10-2018, 07:15 PM
I don’t think the club’s system for updating contact details are the best. Each year when I buy my season ticket I notice that they have my parents’ phone number against my record. Each year I change it. Next year it has reverted to my parents’ number. I haven’t lived there in over 10 years and I’ve moved a couple of times since I did.

Danderhall Hibs
24-10-2018, 07:40 PM
Just read an update on Facebook. Didn’t seem much said - only lasted just over half an hour.

DarlingtonHibee
24-10-2018, 07:55 PM
Finished after 30 minutes!!!

Only dodgy question was about pension costs which Richard handled well.

Highlight.... The pies!!!

DarlingtonHibee
24-10-2018, 07:55 PM
Finished after 30 minutes!!!

Only dodgy question was about pension costs which Richard handled well.

Highlight.... The pies!!!
Rod not Richard, bloody phone

hibby6270
24-10-2018, 07:59 PM
First AGM I’ve attended. Expected more questions from the floor but only about half a dozen!!
Does this mean we are content with everything? Seems that way.:agree:

Comment of the evening though from Neil in response to the Ticketmaster situation. :greengrin

“Robbie Williams!! Who does he play for??” :top marks:aok:

PatHead
24-10-2018, 08:04 PM
It was really quiet this year. There were three grumbles

1 Guy sent 3 emails to Hibs with no response while the club claim to be open and transparent

2 Someone else wanted to know about Leeann’s pension contribution being so high

3 A question to Leeann about how happy she was with Ticket Master. She said that 95 per cent of the time she was satisfied. Not a great answer. The guy followed up with “Robbie Williams can sell 100,000 tickets in 20 minutes, how come we take 5 hours to sell 3,000?”

She was kind of let off the hook by some joker shouting “who does he play for?”

Also someone asked about Scott Allan. Neil Lennon said we tried but it never happened. He noted he was a free agent next summer but was happy with his squad though there is always room for improvement.

oldbutdim
24-10-2018, 08:06 PM
Think the first two were from the same guy.

DarlingtonHibee
24-10-2018, 08:10 PM
Think the first two were from the same guy.

They were, and Neil said who does Robbie Williams play for 😂

overdrive
24-10-2018, 08:10 PM
It was really quiet this year. There were three grumbles

1 Guy sent 3 emails to Hibs with no response while the club claim to be open and transparent

2 Someone else wanted to know about Leeann’s pension contribution being so high

3 A question to Leeann about how happy she was with Ticket Master. She said that 95 per cent of the time she was satisfied. Not a great answer. The guy followed up with “Robbie Williams can sell 100,000 tickets in 20 minutes, how come we take 5 hours to sell 3,000?”

She was kind of let off the hook by some joker shouting “who does he play for?”

Also someone asked about Scott Allan. Neil Lennon said we tried but it never happened. He noted he was a free agent next summer but was happy with his squad though there is always room for improvement.

First two were from the same guy. He was the one who also voted against the financial statements being passed.

The joker who shouted “who does he play for” was Neil Lennon.

As someone else said Rod dealt with the first two questions well but he had to step in because Jamie Marwick didn’t deal with them well.

PatHead
24-10-2018, 08:13 PM
Have to add that I never had a pie before the agm. The ones after weren’t of the normal standard and this needs raising at next years meeting.

DarlingtonHibee
24-10-2018, 08:14 PM
It was so quiet I wondered if the pies came from Amsterdam with special ingredients all love at the meeting!

overdrive
24-10-2018, 08:28 PM
The other bit of info that some might find interesting which I don’t think had been made public before is that Lewis Stevenson has been offered a contract extension.

theonlywayisup
24-10-2018, 08:29 PM
As someone else said Rod dealt with the first two questions well but he had to step in because Jamie Marwick didn’t deal with them well.

Harsh comment re Jamie. The question was relating to increased pension contributions paid to him and/or Leeann. Quite difficult for him to answer. Would be difficult for him to say "yes, we increased my remuneration for xyz reason".

hibby6270
24-10-2018, 08:36 PM
The other bit of info that some might find interesting which I don’t think had been made public before is that Lewis Stevenson has been offered a contract extension.

Think Neil said a possible SDG contract extension was on the radar as well - “as long as he stays fit. This score one game, get injured the next will have to stop though!!” :hilarious

Jamesie
24-10-2018, 08:41 PM

No disrespect to Jamie but the same thing happened at his first AGM (which was probably the last AGM I actually attended before tonight). I would have expected the FD to have made immediate reference to the RemCom’s role and was surprised he didn’t.

DarlingtonHibee
24-10-2018, 08:43 PM
Harsh comment re Jamie. The question was relating to increased pension contributions paid to him and/or Leeann. Quite difficult for him to answer. Would be difficult for him to say "yes, we increased my remuneration for xyz reason".

The question was embarrassing to start with, ld could leave tomorrow and double her package as a minimum she presumably told lawlell to bolt re sjm. Top class ceo are rare, and you get what you pay for.

Jamesie
24-10-2018, 08:44 PM
It was so quiet I wondered if the pies came from Amsterdam with special ingredients all love at the meeting!

I actually asked Frazerbob if they’d put something in the coffee! :greengrin

Only real bit of intel that I picked up was that we paid a substantial proportion of £200ish k to terminate Stokes’ contract.

Pagan Hibernia
24-10-2018, 08:46 PM

interesting.

nonshinyfinish
24-10-2018, 08:47 PM

For life, yes?

Iggy Pope
24-10-2018, 08:48 PM

Only real bit of intel that I picked up was that we paid a substantial proportion of £200ish k to terminate Stokes’ contract.

And a 200% increase in someone's pension contribution according to the questioning boy in front of me!
Wonder if he got a satisfactory answer in.person afterwards.....

DarlingtonHibee
24-10-2018, 08:53 PM
And a 200% increase in someone's pension contribution according to the questioning boy in front of me!

Don't have the accounts in front of me, but I think it's around £40k increase.... She is worth a lot more than that given the impact she has had on our club.

IMHO I think it was a bit of attention seeking.

McD
24-10-2018, 08:56 PM

A genuine question (not stirring it or being wide), can an employer choose to reward an employee for a good performance by increasing their pension contributions, perhaps instead of a wage increase or bonus payment?

overdrive
24-10-2018, 08:57 PM

He didn’t need to say that. What he could have done was said something along the lines of what Rod did. It was actually the tone of what he said that I thought was poor.

I’m an accountant myself (although nowhere near being an FD to be fair) and you learn how to give political answers to questions like that where you can’t really comment in detail (for a variety of reasons) in a similar vein to how Rod answered. Any FD that I’ve seen have difficult (or silly) questions asked of them has dealt with them in a confident and friendly manner. I don’t think Jamie did that.

PatHead
24-10-2018, 08:58 PM
A genuine question (not stirring it or being wide), can an employer choose to reward an employee for a good performance by increasing their pension contributions, perhaps instead of a wage increase or bonus payment?

Yes. It may also be more tax efficient for both.

McD
24-10-2018, 08:59 PM

Cheers :aok:

PatHead
24-10-2018, 09:02 PM
He didn’t need to say that. What he could have done was said something along the lines of what Rod did. It was actually the tone of what he said that I thought was poor.

I’m an accountant myself (although nowhere near being an FD to be fair) and you learn how to give political answers to questions like that where you can’t really comment in detail (for a variety of reasons) in a similar vein to how Rod answered. Any FD that I’ve seen have difficult (or silly) questions asked of them has dealt with them in a confident and friendly manner. I don’t think Jamie did that.
Met Jamie on a number of occasions. He is a lovely guy who sometimes seems to lack a bit of confidence/authority in his delivery.

Been really good at the club and will not be easy to replace.

overdrive
24-10-2018, 09:03 PM

Yep, I found that interesting too. I seem to remember there was a bit of confusion on the thread about the accounts about the loss on disposal of intangible fixed assets figure. The bulk of this relates to Stokes.

weecounty hibby
24-10-2018, 09:07 PM
Yep, I found that interesting too. I seem to remember there was a bit of confusion on the thread about the accounts about the loss on disposal of intangible fixed assets figure. The bulk of this relates to Stokes.
It makes the way it ended with Stokes feel even worse knowing that it cost us 200k to get rid of him. Sad way for a cup winning legend to go

Danderhall Hibs
24-10-2018, 09:13 PM

It will be but at over £40k of an increase she’ll likely* be hit with an annual allowance charge.

*dont know what contributions have been paid in previous years.

CropleyWasGod
24-10-2018, 09:19 PM
It makes the way it ended with Stokes feel even worse knowing that it cost us 200k to get rid of him. Sad way for a cup winning legend to go

We can't tell whether that was the pay-off. Jamie didn't actually say that.

hibby6270
24-10-2018, 09:22 PM
No disrespect to Jamie but the same thing happened at his first AGM (which was probably the last AGM I actually attended before tonight). I would have expected the FD to have made immediate reference to the RemCom’s role and was surprised he didn’t.

Rod referred to RemCom when he stepped in to take the focus away from Jamie.
The original question to Jamie put him in an awkward situation to reply, given there are only 2 paid directors at the club, one of who is Jamie himself. It was hardly appropriate for him to answer the original question as he had a vested interest. He dealt with it as diplomatically as he could and Rod came in and saved the day imo.

Oh - and btw - what does everyone on the forum earn in a year? Awkward!!
I’d bet there won’t be many on here wanting to reveal publicly what they get, let alone have it publicly announced but that is a requirement of being a director of a limited company, so the the original questioner was being a bit cheeky in asking for further clarification in the first place.

No surprise he was the only one who didn’t agree to pass the motion to accept the annual accounts.

hibby6270
24-10-2018, 09:25 PM

He did say a substantial part of it was, but yeah, not the full £200k figure in the accounts.

CropleyWasGod
24-10-2018, 09:27 PM
He did say a substantial part of it was, but yeah, not the full £200k figure in the accounts.

Again, the 200k is not the amount of the pay-offs. It's the net loss on player contracts. You have to factor in, for example, the add-ons received for Cummings.

offshorehibby
24-10-2018, 09:29 PM
Definitely a very quite meeting tonight with very few questions. NL when asked about a contract extension for SDG, he jokingly said all he seems to do these day is play, score and disappear for a couple of weeks.

Ronniekirk
24-10-2018, 09:51 PM

And if it helps keep her here longer Double it next year

greenlex
24-10-2018, 10:11 PM
Surely no. I’ve heard he’s rubbish.

CMurdoch
24-10-2018, 10:29 PM
The original question to Jamie put him in an awkward situation to reply, given there are only 2 paid directors at the club, one of who is Jamie himself. It was hardly appropriate for him to answer the original question as he had a vested interest. He dealt with it as diplomatically as he could and Rod came in and saved the day imo.

I’d bet there won’t be many on here wanting to reveal publicly what they get, let alone have it publicly announced but that is a requirement of being a director of a limited company, so the the original questioner was being a bit cheeky in asking for further clarification in the first place.

No surprise he was the only one who didn’t agree to pass the motion to accept the annual accounts.

Did folk start calling the guy an attention seeking jambo fud like on here?

Forza Fred
25-10-2018, 12:18 AM
Personally, I can’t remember a time when I have been more happy with a board’s performance.

Results on the park, obviously are the main factor, but in essence while they are human beings and do make the odd decision I will not agree with fully, they certainly get much,much more right, than they get wrong.

I think they have built up a level of trust, that whereby if the make a hotly disputed decision, instead of being just immediately pilloried, people now are willing to consider their reason for making the decision, before attachin* them to the pillory.

BSEJVT
25-10-2018, 05:23 AM

Yes and the employee can ask to be remunerated in that way also

Significant savings for both employer and employee

Jamesie
25-10-2018, 05:56 AM
Yes and the employee can ask to be remunerated in that way also

Significant savings for both employer and employee

And it’s not uncommon for an employee to be given the option, if receiving a performance related bonus, to have the bonus paid in pension contributions (with far greater tax efficiency) or in cash.

Iggy Pope
25-10-2018, 07:23 AM

I suppose it was an AGM, the accounts were offered, the Shareholder had the account detail in front of him and as questions were invited he had the right to ask one. He did start by asking if it was appropriate and was encouraged to go on. He got his question(s) in without a rant and accepted the invite for a chat off line so I reckon the attention seeker chat elsewhere is maybe a tad overplayed.
Awkward questions at a gathering like this are the norm. ‘Everyone on the forum’ doesn’t have their business posted to thousands of Hibbies each year so its hardly relevant.

Seems like an increase of some proportion, but as has been discussed, maybe they’re worth it. And one of them is leaving!

blackpoolhibs
25-10-2018, 07:25 AM
Personally, I can’t remember a time when I have been more happy with a board’s performance.

Results on the park, obviously are the main factor, but in essence while they are human beings and do make the odd decision I will not agree with fully, they certainly get much,much more right, than they get wrong.

I think they have built up a level of trust, that whereby if the make a hotly disputed decision, instead of being just immediately pilloried, people now are willing to consider their reason for making the decision, before attachin* them to the pillory.

:agree: . :top marks

I agree, it takes lots of decisions over a number of years to get things a wrong as we'd got them wrong to finally have the club relegated.

Of course criticism would build over that time, to a pinnacle where we had that rally in the car park.

Now we have things going right, but this has not happened overnight. We have been putting in a plan to get us where we want, and probably where we'd all dream we can be.

I'ts working, whatever the plan is its working. We will have the odd hiccup, every club will.

We are going in the right direction, the future looks very rosy, if you dont love Hibs at the moment and are not excited with what is happening at the club, then i'm sorry but i dont think you ever will.

Caversham Green
25-10-2018, 07:44 AM

I think the loss on disposal would be the transfer fee we originally paid less amortisation (my memory's going - did we actually pay a transfer fee for Stokes). His pay-off, if there was one, would go into staff costs and wouldn't be separately identifiable unless it was big enough to be an exceptional item.

overdrive
25-10-2018, 08:02 AM
I think the loss on disposal would be the transfer fee we originally paid less amortisation (my memory's going - did we actually pay a transfer fee for Stokes). His pay-off, if there was one, would go into staff costs and wouldn't be separately identifiable unless it was big enough to be an exceptional item.

I thought he was a free transfer. Was part of the reason it took so long to sign not because he was negotiating his release from Blackburn?

CropleyWasGod
25-10-2018, 08:07 AM
I thought he was a free transfer. Was part of the reason it took so long to sign not because he was negotiating his release from Blackburn?You have to include any agent's fees in the cost. Hence why there is a "disposal at cost" figure in the accounts.

That applies to the other players who left as well.

The 90+2
25-10-2018, 08:23 AM
Wouldn’t we have recovered a lot of the Stokes money selling Simon Murray?

KDY Hibs
25-10-2018, 08:31 AM

Well earned!

CropleyWasGod
25-10-2018, 08:38 AM
Wouldn’t we have recovered a lot of the Stokes money selling Simon Murray?That was in the current year no?

The 90+2
25-10-2018, 08:40 AM
That was in the current year no?

Yeah fair point sorry.

SirDavidsNapper
25-10-2018, 09:05 AM
Anything mentioned about the full size indoor pitch plans?

DarlingtonHibee
25-10-2018, 09:09 AM

No

Greenbeard
25-10-2018, 09:09 AM
:agree: . :top marks

I agree, it takes lots of decisions over a number of years to get things a wrong as we'd got them wrong to finally have the club relegated.

Of course criticism would build over that time, to a pinnacle where we had that rally in the car park.

Now we have things going right, but this has not happened overnight. We have been putting in a plan to get us where we want, and probably where we'd all dream we can be.

I'ts working, whatever the plan is its working. We will have the odd hiccup, every club will.

We are going in the right direction, the future looks very rosy, if you dont love Hibs at the moment and are not excited with what is happening at the club, then i'm sorry but i dont think you ever will.
I agree, but why is the plan, or an abridged version of it, not in the public domain and cross-referenced in a published annual report to the AGM?
No mention or questions on the indoor training pitch?

CropleyWasGod
25-10-2018, 09:14 AM
I agree, but why is the plan, or an abridged version of it, not in the public domain and cross-referenced in a published annual report to the AGM?
No mention or questions on the indoor training pitch?

As LD said last night, the plan remains the same as it was last year, and the year before that.

DarlingtonHibee
25-10-2018, 09:22 AM
As LD said last night, the plan remains the same as it was last year, and the year before that.

Slow steady growth keeping the club in a strong financial position

CropleyWasGod
25-10-2018, 09:24 AM
Slow steady growth keeping the club in a strong financial position

Competing regularly in Europe.

Attractive fitba.

There are others, but since she says the same very year, I tend to swich off..... :greengrin

traceyhibs
25-10-2018, 09:40 AM

We have until 2020 to get the pitch with the dome. It’s not a full sized pitch from what I remember. The cost is around the £1m mark.

04Sauzee
25-10-2018, 09:43 AM
I'm guessing this windfall won't have been in the accounts

https://stv.tv/amp/1432183-spfl-clubs-get-4m-uefa-windfall-from-celtic-s-euro-run/?__twitter_impression=true

CropleyWasGod
25-10-2018, 09:45 AM
I'm guessing this windfall won't have been in the accounts

https://stv.tv/amp/1432183-spfl-clubs-get-4m-uefa-windfall-from-celtic-s-euro-run/?__twitter_impression=true

No, but last year's one would have been.

04Sauzee
25-10-2018, 09:47 AM
No, but last year's one would have been.

Ah Ok apologies I didn't realise we had received a payment last year as well. It shows the importance of Scottish clubs doing well in Europe ?

04Sauzee
25-10-2018, 09:47 AM
We have until 2020 to get the pitch with the dome. It’s not a full sized pitch from what I remember. The cost is around the £1m mark.

I know it's the evening news but they were reporting it's full sized
https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/full-size-indoor-pitch-on-the-cards-for-hibs-training-centre-1-4748567

traceyhibs
25-10-2018, 09:48 AM
Ah Ok apologies I didn't realise we had received a payment last year as well. It shows the importance of Scottish clubs doing well in Europe ?

We didn’t get one last year as we had just come up from the Championship.

traceyhibs
25-10-2018, 09:50 AM
I know it's the evening news but they were reporting it's full sized
https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/full-size-indoor-pitch-on-the-cards-for-hibs-training-centre-1-4748567

It’s just what I seem to recall. I may be completely wrong but 95% sure it’s not full size. Will double check with George.

04Sauzee
25-10-2018, 09:51 AM
It’s just what I seem to recall. I may be completely wrong but 95% sure it’s not full size. Will double check with George.

You could be correct like I said it's the evening news

CropleyWasGod
25-10-2018, 09:52 AM
We didn’t get one last year as we had just come up from the Championship.

Ah, so it's done on the basis of who was in the league at the time? That makes sense.

It also makes a mockery of the STV report :greengrin

traceyhibs
25-10-2018, 09:54 AM
Ah, so it's done on the basis of who was in the league at the time? That makes sense.

It also makes a mockery of the STV report :greengrin

Yes so divided between those in the top league within that season.

04Sauzee
25-10-2018, 09:56 AM
Yes so divided between those in the top league within that season.

So our accounts should be quite healthy again. European football is important next season. I can see why McInnes at Aberdeen is under pressure

traceyhibs
25-10-2018, 10:02 AM
So our accounts should be quite healthy again. European football is important next season. I can see why McInnes at Aberdeen is under pressure

I know really surprised at them this season.

Hibs4185
25-10-2018, 10:15 AM

Why spend £1m on a pitch that isn’t full sized? Is it not worth waiting until the funds are in place to build a full size pitch? Can’t be much more. Just don’t see the point in spending so much money and not doing it properly

hhibs
25-10-2018, 10:20 AM
Why spend £1m on a pitch that isn’t full sized? Is it not worth waiting until the funds are in place to build a full size pitch? Can’t be much more. Just don’t see the point in spending so much money and not doing it properly

Indeed.that sounds daft.

BILLYHIBS
25-10-2018, 10:24 AM
Indeed.that sounds daft.
Build the non full sized then sell it to Hearts at a profit. It is what they are used to. :greengrin

:dunno:

Or better still keep it and use it for practicing for games at the PBS!

:thumbsup:

calumhibee1
25-10-2018, 10:33 AM

That’s what I thought. I don’t know what the indoor pitch at East Mains is like size wise but do we need another non full sized indoor surface?

Juniper Greens
25-10-2018, 10:33 AM

It definitely was to be full sized when it was originally muted. Given since then, things have been better than expected, I can't see why it would have been reduced in size

traceyhibs
25-10-2018, 10:51 AM

It’s the dome that’s the big cost. As I said will double check re the size but from memory (which counts for nothing some days) I was sure it wasn’t a full size.

BSEJVT
25-10-2018, 11:09 AM
It’s the dome that’s the big cost. As I said will double check re the size but from memory (which counts for nothing some days) I was sure it wasn’t a full size.

If it is not going to be full size it should be, what is the point in practicing on something different from what we will play on. It should match the dimensions of ER.

Also if this is required, it is required now

The fact that we can put off doing it until 2020 is neither here nor there, we should be getting it done and reaping the benefits from doing so

SirDavidsNapper
25-10-2018, 11:41 AM
I know really surprised at them this season.

Hibs, Hearts and Rangers all back and stronger. Aberdeen starting to find their true place.

SirDavidsNapper
25-10-2018, 11:51 AM
If it is not going to be full size it should be, what is the point in practicing on something different from what we will play on. It should match the dimensions of ER.

The fact that we can put off doing it until 2020 is neither here nor there, we should be getting it done and reaping the benefits from doing so

:agree: Agree 100%

CropleyWasGod
25-10-2018, 12:02 PM

What's the significance of the 2020 deadline, Tracey? Is it a planning permission thing?

traceyhibs
25-10-2018, 12:13 PM
What's the significance of the 2020 deadline, Tracey? Is it a planning permission thing?

It’s part of being an Elite Academy and going through the Project Brave process. They give you so long to implement certain things. Hope that makes sense. Lack of coffee.

SirDavidsNapper
25-10-2018, 12:17 PM
Am i right in thinking we would be the only club in Scotland to have their own full sized indoor pitch? I don't think Celtic or Rangers ones are full sized. Might be wrong though. I'd love to see us push on with the project.

Stoney Hibee
25-10-2018, 12:18 PM

I have just done this, I sent an email to the generic club email using the form on the website. I got a reply after about 10 days from [EMAIL="mbrzezinska@hibernianfc.co.uk"] saying it had been updated.

traceyhibs
25-10-2018, 12:45 PM

Right have found the info re it. The minimum requirement is 50m x 30m surface area. The Oriam indoor pitch is 116m x 76m to give you an idea. That is the minimum requirement so we would have to have something that isn’t below that size. Our barn just falls short of that.

CropleyWasGod
25-10-2018, 12:48 PM
It’s part of being an Elite Academy and going through the Project Brave process. They give you so long to implement certain things. Hope that makes sense. Lack of coffee.

Gotcha, ta.

Stay off the coffee. You're doing fine without it :greengrin

Brightside
25-10-2018, 12:49 PM

Its for the whole academy. And the point is to provide indoor facilities for training and drills etc. We have plenty of full sized pitches to practice shape and game dimensions. A full size indoor pitch would be fantastic but i assume it costs a fortune.

BSEJVT
25-10-2018, 02:21 PM
Its for the whole academy. And the point is to provide indoor facilities for training and drills etc. We have plenty of full sized pitches to practice shape and game dimensions. A full size indoor pitch would be fantastic but i assume it costs a fortune.

Absolutely understand points made.

I always think a business should resource itself not just to meet current requirements but to include an element of future proofing.

Who is to say rules don't change in future and we are left having paid money for something that no longer meets criteria

The weather at the training centre is awful sometimes and it is very exposed

How good would it be to be able to just move inside and work on those things

I would guess the cost of extending proposed development to full size now would be considerably less than having to adapt in future if possible.

I think it would be a great development tool for academy teams as well, they cant learn a hell of a lot playing outdoors in some of Scotland's winters

We should be thinking big here IMO

jacomo
25-10-2018, 02:35 PM
Hibs, Hearts and Rangers all back and stronger. Aberdeen starting to find their true place.

I was expecting Aberdeen to wobble last season. But McInnes did good work in rebuilding his squad and they had another very solid league campaign.

Everything’s cyclical though and I’m not too surprised they are now struggling a bit. He’s not suddenly become a bad manager but his team’s form has dipped.

JimBHibees
25-10-2018, 02:37 PM

Totally agree would make little sense not to be a full size pitch IMO.

Golden Bear
25-10-2018, 02:41 PM

This is the specific type of project which I wouldn't mind contributing towards and I'm sure I'll not be alone. Like others, I agree that a full sized indoor pitch would be preferential so hopefully we can see some comparative costings.

The 90+2
25-10-2018, 02:43 PM
I was expecting Aberdeen to wobble last season. But McInnes did good work in rebuilding his squad and they had another very solid league campaign.

Everything’s cyclical though and I’m not too surprised they are now struggling a bit. He’s not suddenly become a bad manager but his team’s form has dipped.

He’s been there too long. Should have took the huns job. It’s not as if Aberdeen fans are known for acknowledging loyalty to them and many want him out now even though you look back at where they were finishing prior to McInnes going in. Saying that I’m still raging that we failed to beat them last month in the quarters.

Keith_M
25-10-2018, 02:45 PM
Right have found the info re it. The minimum requirement is 50m x 30m surface area. The Oriam indoor pitch is 116m x 76m to give you an idea. That is the minimum requirement so we would have to have something that isn’t below that size. Our barn just falls short of that.

I presume the numbers you gave for the Oriam are yards, not meters

Stonewall
25-10-2018, 02:53 PM
Did anyone ask what was happening re the NHS proposed move into the North Stand?

CropleyWasGod
25-10-2018, 03:02 PM
Did anyone ask what was happening re the NHS proposed move into the North Stand?

Leeann spoke about it in her address. If I heard her right, she said that it was being used Monday to (?) Thursday.

Tracey will probably put me right again :greengrin

Since90+2
25-10-2018, 03:16 PM
Sorry if it's already been asked but was there any further mention about a larger supporters bar being built in the space between FF and East?

Since90+2
25-10-2018, 03:18 PM

The indoor pitch at Oriam is the exact same dimensions as Hampden. It's a massive park.

traceyhibs
25-10-2018, 03:19 PM
I presume the numbers you gave for the Oriam are yards, not meters

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181025/7955e94607d5d2f7cc7160e764343ee3.jpg

traceyhibs
25-10-2018, 03:20 PM
Leeann spoke about it in her address. If I heard her right, she said that it was being used Monday to (?) Thursday.

Lol. Mon-Fri

CropleyWasGod
25-10-2018, 03:21 PM
Lol. Mon-Fri

:na na:

Tell us more about what actually happens there. Is it a GP surgery?

Onceinawhile
25-10-2018, 03:23 PM
Sorry if it's already been asked but was there any further mention about a larger supporters bar being built in the space between FF and East?

Have the club ever mentioned that?

Dancehibs
25-10-2018, 03:37 PM

It’s a different initiative. NHS still haven’t taken over

Since90+2
25-10-2018, 03:50 PM
Have the club ever mentioned that?

I thought they had during the closure of Behind the Goals?

Maybe just me imagining it but I'm sure it was discussed. With BTG now open again it's possibly been forgotten about.

Hibs4185
25-10-2018, 05:07 PM

Maybe a stupid question but if the barn falls just short can we not just extend the barn to suit?

Dancehibs
25-10-2018, 05:47 PM
I thought they had during the closure of Behind the Goals?

Maybe just me imagining it but I'm sure it was discussed. With BTG now open again it's possibly been forgotten about.
They did look into building a bar inside east stand. Not sure where they are with it

cabbageandribs1875
25-10-2018, 06:08 PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45978052

Nine Scottish Premiership clubs will receive more than £370,000 each in Uefa solidarity payments on the back of Celtic reaching the Champions League group stage last season.
Ross County and Partick Thistle, relegated from the top flight last term, will also receive their share.

another 370k for the coffers, a most welcome cash injection for Ross co and Partick Thistle as well

put our 370k towards installing exits at the back of the East Stand :)

Lancs Harp
25-10-2018, 06:15 PM
Was the issue of the very highly priced Hibs oven gloves not discussed?

PatHead
25-10-2018, 06:31 PM
Was the issue of the very highly priced Hibs oven gloves not discussed?

In detail but the fact that the Hibs goal scorers are on fire it was suggested that we would all be happy to buy a pair and the club make money. Would you not buy them to guarantee your safety?

Lancs Harp
25-10-2018, 06:44 PM
In detail but the fact that the Hibs goal scorers are on fire it was suggested that we would all be happy to buy a pair and the club make money. Would you not buy them to guarantee your safety?

They are on my Christmas list, But I'm not sure Santa can afford the carriage insurance though :greengrin

Jack
25-10-2018, 10:36 PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45978052

Nine Scottish Premiership clubs will receive more than £370,000 each in Uefa solidarity payments on the back of Celtic reaching the Champions League group stage last season.
Ross County and Partick Thistle, relegated from the top flight last term, will also receive their share.

another 370k for the coffers, a most welcome cash injection for Ross co and Partick Thistle as well

put our 370k towards installing exits at the back of the East Stand :)

I wonder if sevco will return their share or put it towards their legal costs?

cabbageandribs1875
25-10-2018, 10:41 PM
I wonder if sevco will return their share or put it towards their legal costs?

stop it :faf: i'm hearing annie budge is putting hertz share to this years poppy fund

:fibber:

Iggy Pope
26-10-2018, 07:03 PM
Maybe a stupid question but if the barn falls just short can we not just extend the barn to suit?

The barn is just that. It’s a cowp.

Saturday Boy
26-10-2018, 08:26 PM
The barn is just that. It’s a cowp.

It’s not a barn, it’s a repurposed agricultural building 😄