PDA

View Full Version : Sportsound tonight

KDY Hibs
22-10-2018, 06:00 PM
Michael Stewart v Tom English coats aff

Betty Boop
22-10-2018, 06:04 PM
Stewart needs to lie down in a dark room.

delbert
22-10-2018, 06:04 PM
Michael Stewart v Tom English coats aff

Agree with Stewart, the euphoria of a victory against a pub side at Hampden was massively overblown and we have been royally found out in the other matches, but you can’t criticize Big Eck because that’s treason !!

alhibby
22-10-2018, 06:12 PM
Normally like Mikey Stewart but tonight he is a bit OTT, not allowing others to finish speaking, constantly interrupting and is hating the fact that the others have a different opinion to him

KDY Hibs
22-10-2018, 06:13 PM
Agree with Stewart, the euphoria of a victory against a pub side at Hampden was massively overblown and we have been royally found out in the other matches, but you can’t criticize Big Eck because that’s treason !!

Tom English is a total c*ck

Famous Fiver
22-10-2018, 06:14 PM
Some pretty obscure arguing going on.

MS appears wants McLeish gone, TE supporting McLeish.

I think.

NORTHERNHIBBY
22-10-2018, 07:19 PM
An open and heated argument is fine but shouting over each other is just tedious radio.

Sammy7nil
22-10-2018, 07:22 PM
An open and heated argument is fine but shouting over each other is just tedious radio.

:agree:I thought initially Tom English was acting like a child then MS did the same.

Greenfly
22-10-2018, 09:46 PM
Like two bairns fighting in the playground. They both seemed to be desperate for a fight tonight. I thought MS made the better points but both of them ranting like that was a bit of a cringe.

Frazerbob
22-10-2018, 09:56 PM
Mikey lost the plot tonight. He’s usally very good and I agree with most of what says bit he was way OTT tonight. Faddy kept his cool and made them both look like idiots.

California-Hibs
23-10-2018, 12:48 AM
It's a fantastic show! Listen to it every day on my drive to work. Keeps me close to Scottish Football while living afar. Stewart and English are 2 very strong personalites and 9/10 make great and sensible observations

Spike Mandela
23-10-2018, 03:26 AM
Both Jambos, what did you expect. It's the Craig Levein v Graham Hogg of radio punditry.:greengrin

The 90+2
23-10-2018, 03:32 AM
Both Jambos, what did you expect. It's the Craig Levein v Graham Hogg of radio punditry.:greengrin

There’s no danger Mikey supports hearts 🤗

SouthMoroccoStu
23-10-2018, 04:23 AM

Definitely did as a boy

Frazerbob
23-10-2018, 06:46 AM
Definitely did as a boy

He is VERY complintary about Hibs these days and despises Harry Potter.

Danderhall Hibs
23-10-2018, 07:02 AM
Mikey lost the plot tonight. He’s usally very good and I agree with most of what says bit he was way OTT tonight. Faddy kept his cool and made them both look like idiots.

I like both Stewart and English but it was getting out of control last night - you could hear McFadden trying to get a word in every now and again and then generally English would talk over him.

Great chance to grill the Scotland management about what’s going on missed due to ego.

ian cruise
23-10-2018, 07:36 AM
I heard Stewart on the radio after the Israel game talking sense about the Scotland team and the usual suspects were giving him grief for the sake of being argumentative, I know Dodds was one but think English was there too. I wonder if this is just the continuation of that and they maybe aren't in good terms hence the hostility?

The 90+2
23-10-2018, 07:56 AM
Definitely did as a boy

That’s correct but from a teen his team has been Man Utd.

Frazerbob
23-10-2018, 08:15 AM
I like both Stewart and English but it was getting out of control last night - you could hear McFadden trying to get a word in every now and again and then generally English would talk over him.

Great chance to grill the Scotland management about what’s going on missed due to ego.

Faddy is on every Tuesday and it usually ends up in a SFA slagging match with him on the defensive. I’m surprised his pay masters allow it to be honest.

lapsedhibee
23-10-2018, 08:37 AM
There’s no danger Mikey supports hearts ��

Was on Off The Ball on Saturday saying he grew up supporting them and that's still the team he hopes does well. Was very complimentary about Hibs' current style though.

California-Hibs
23-10-2018, 09:10 AM
I just got done catching up with the show. It was a really good listen. I found myself agreeing with all varying views. McFaddens when he talked about people being quick to jump on the negatives and when the positive results and performances come along (Albania) not enough due praise and positively is given. I have found myself saying that on here almost word for word.
However I agreed with Stewart also that there is always definite scope for constructive criticism and analyzing. I actually felt he did rightfully give McFadden a tough time because on the whole its not been good enough and the selection and shape isn't conducive to the players we have at our disposal. I thought at one point McFadden was going to turn around and say something to the effect of 'it sounds like you have all the ideas, maybe you should be Scotlands assistant instead'.

I agreed with Tom also in that Ryan Fraser of Bournemouth is a fantastic player and should be one of the first names on the team sheet without doubt.

All in all another good programme and coming back to the point about Michael Stewart, he clearly has a soft spot for us and talks us and Lennon up massively!

green day
23-10-2018, 09:42 AM
I heard Stewart on the radio after the Israel game talking sense about the Scotland team and the usual suspects were giving him grief for the sake of being argumentative, I know Dodds was one but think English was there too. I wonder if this is just the continuation of that and they maybe aren't in good terms hence the hostility?

Yep, heard that too. MS was in the Edinburgh studio, and the others were in one location trying to shout down his arguments.

I have a lot of time for MS. See him out and about occasionally, and he is always happy to chat football. Very, very complimentary about Hibs.

TE is a good journo and I like him as a commentator, but as alluded to above, both have big egos.

DrewLee76
23-10-2018, 09:58 AM
I gained a wee bit of respect back for Michael Stewart when he said on Raudio Scotland on Saturday night how much he dislikes Craig Levein.

Finally, an idea I can get behind!

Carheenlea
23-10-2018, 11:25 AM
One rude and patronising man accusing another man of being rude and patronising. Got tiresome after a while but will concede it makes for lively enough radio and gets folk talking about the show and pundits, which ultimately is the general idea.

The 90+2
23-10-2018, 11:26 AM
Was on Off The Ball on Saturday saying he grew up supporting them and that's still the team he hopes does well. Was very complimentary about Hibs' current style though.

👍

Betty Boop
23-10-2018, 11:47 AM

Are you kidding ? He reeks of Jambo.

patlowe
23-10-2018, 11:55 AM
Stewart is generally spot on with his views but his style, deliberately or not, definitely rubs people up the wrong way.

Tom English is the worst kind of pundit IMO, no interest or research beyond whatever trivial topic (or side of the Old Firm) is up for discussion. Blags every show or article through (relative) articulacy and confidence but Stewart beats him hands down when it comes to knowledge and analysis of the Scottish game IMO.

WhileTheChief..
23-10-2018, 12:10 PM
Funny, I think Tom English is the best one on the radio.

Always comes across as thoughtful and intelligent even when you don’t agree with what he has to say.

Stewart is normally really good but he was chucking his toys out big style last night looking for an argument that English didn’t appear interested in to begin with.

Either way, listening to two guys talk over each other is painful and somekne should have stepped in and stopped it.

Sammy7nil
23-10-2018, 12:47 PM
One rude and patronising man accusing another man of being rude and patronising. Got tiresome after a while but will concede it makes for lively enough radio and gets folk talking about the show and pundits, which ultimately is the general idea.

I think that was about right however imho TE was the rudiest and most patronising he hates to be outed for talking ***** :agree:

The 90+2
23-10-2018, 01:16 PM
Are you kidding ? He reeks of Jambo.

Michael Stewart is a Man Utd fan who supported Hearts as a youngster although attended very little games. You can’t put him in the same Bracket as Alan Preston or even Peter Houston of their fondness to hearts in my opinion.

vuefrom1875
23-10-2018, 02:14 PM
I think that was about right however imho TE was the rudiest and most patronising he hates to be outed for talking ***** :agree:

He loves pontificating, but when caught out he takes the moral high ground of knowing everything football. A minor aside...his first love is the rugger!!😉

Betty Boop
23-10-2018, 02:33 PM
Michael Stewart is a Man Utd fan who supported Hearts as a youngster although attended very little games. You can’t put him in the same Bracket as Alan Preston or even Peter Houston of their fondness to hearts in my opinion.

Aye in your opinion. Well in my opinion he's a smelly Yam fud.

BILLYHIBS
23-10-2018, 02:44 PM
Remember he scored a raker against Aberdeen in the SC at ER and the East were singing” Oh Mickey Mickey you used to be a Jambo but your all right now! “

The 90+2
23-10-2018, 02:50 PM

No bother mate. Not going to argue 👍

The 90+2
23-10-2018, 02:52 PM
Remember he scored a raker against Aberdeen in the SC at ER and the East were singing” Oh Mickey Mickey you used to be a Jambo but your all right now! “

I’m sure that was his last game for us, sick at the side of the pitch just before half time. We won 3-0, was the replay from the original match Killen got his injury.

BoomtownHibees
23-10-2018, 03:58 PM

Alan Preston who was actually a full fat Hun

broondog
24-10-2018, 09:09 AM

Have to agree with this.anyone that thinks he doesn´t have a soft spot for them is talking ****.he hates potter which makes him critical of his boyhood club every now and then.

The 90+2
24-10-2018, 07:09 PM
Have to agree with this.anyone that thinks he doesn´t have a soft spot for them is talking ****.he hates potter which makes him critical of his boyhood club every now and then.

Charming.

cleanyman
24-10-2018, 08:36 PM
I’m sure that was his last game for us, sick at the side of the pitch just before half time. We won 3-0, was the replay from the original match Killen got his injury.

4-1

Is It On....
25-10-2018, 01:28 AM
I just got done catching up with the show. It was a really good listen. I found myself agreeing with all varying views. McFaddens when he talked about people being quick to jump on the negatives and when the positive results and performances come along (Albania) not enough due praise and positively is given. I have found myself saying that on here almost word for word.
However I agreed with Stewart also that there is always definite scope for constructive criticism and analyzing. I actually felt he did rightfully give McFadden a tough time because on the whole its not been good enough and the selection and shape isn't conducive to the players we have at our disposal. I thought at one point McFadden was going to turn around and say something to the effect of 'it sounds like you have all the ideas, maybe you should be Scotlands assistant instead'.

I agreed with Tom also in that Ryan Fraser of Bournemouth is a fantastic player and should be one of the first names on the team sheet without doubt.

All in all another good programme and coming back to the point about Michael Stewart, he clearly has a soft spot for us and talks us and Lennon up massively!

I like Ryan Fraser and I also like that he was sensible to go to a team [Bournemouth] where the manager [Eddie Howe] would play to his strengths and minimise his height disadvantage. In my opinion, he would be an excellent addition to the team and plays the type of football that is likely to get the best out of LG. Quite how the Scottish management team can't see this is sad but I suspect it comes down to a belief that, at it's core, revolves around their gut feel that neither of them is really big enough to be effective.

JimBHibees
25-10-2018, 06:02 AM
I like Ryan Fraser and I also like that he was sensible to go to a team [Bournemouth] where the manager [Eddie Howe] would play to his strengths and minimise his height disadvantage. In my opinion, he would be an excellent addition to the team and plays the type of football that is likely to get the best out of LG. Quite how the Scottish management team can't see this is sad but I suspect it comes down to a belief that, at it's core, revolves around their gut feel that neither of them is really big enough to be effective.

Ryan Fraser has pulled out of the last 2 squads yet able to play the next weekend difficult to build a team around that. Strachan made a comment recently that some clubs pull out their players if they sneeze once or twice maybe he was thinking of them.

JimBHibees
25-10-2018, 06:03 AM
Alan Preston who was actually a full fat Hun

And Houston a celtic fan.

we are hibs
25-10-2018, 06:59 AM

4-1

https://youtu.be/2K7nKQ3CMhY

The 90+2
25-10-2018, 07:10 AM

Yet both sound more enthusiastic hearts lovers and hibs haters.

The 90+2
25-10-2018, 07:10 AM
4-1

Knew we won by shree :)

Monts
25-10-2018, 07:26 AM

Bring back Benji!

HIBERNIAN-0762
25-10-2018, 08:53 AM

Benji,how good? ☺

Jones28
25-10-2018, 09:13 AM
Benji,how good? ☺

What a player that boy was.

And also, what a game that was.

TelaStella
25-10-2018, 02:06 PM
Cheers to whoever posted those highlights, fond memories of that night! What a player wee Benji could be when he wanted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PatHead
25-10-2018, 06:41 PM
Was in Morocco last week. The concierge noticed my Hibs hat and asked if I could remember the two Moroccans who played for us. He went on to say Zemamma was a star and played for his team.

Don’t know if he was just after a tip but made me feel good after thinking about the memories.

BILLYHIBS
25-10-2018, 06:44 PM
Cheers to whoever posted those highlights, fond memories of that night! What a player wee Benji could be when he wanted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Remember when he scored against them at ER at the FF end he wanted to celebrate in front of their fans the HIBS goalie had to persuade him other wise 😁

HIBERNIAN-0762
25-10-2018, 06:47 PM
Remember when he scored against them at ER at the FF end he wanted to celebrate in front of their fans the HIBS goalie had to persuade him other wise 😁

Zibi that was 😀

PatHead
25-10-2018, 06:51 PM
Was in Morocco last week. The concierge noticed my Hibs hat and asked if I could remember the two Moroccans who played for us. He went on to say Zemamma was a star and played for his team.

Don’t know if he was just after a tip but made me feel good after thinking about the memories.

Should have added I showed him Sunshine on Leith after the Cup final VICTORY. He called various other staff over and said “You have got to see this, Zemamma played for them “. Btw he did get a tip.

Jones28
25-10-2018, 06:55 PM
Zibi that was 😀

Best save he ever made

jgl07
25-10-2018, 07:00 PM
Definitely did as a boy
He used to be a Jambo but he's all right now!

tamig
25-10-2018, 10:01 PM

He is indeed. Had a good chat with him over a few pints in Molde. Big Celtic man and his only connection to hertz is they employed him. Got some good stories from him and changed my opinion of him big time.

Sammy7nil
28-10-2018, 02:16 PM
Wee Alan Biscuits fighting back the tears - Celtic have too much money etc.
What about when Hearts were spending money they did not have.

KDY Hibs
28-10-2018, 03:10 PM
Wee Alan Biscuits fighting back the tears - Celtic have too much money etc.
What about when Hearts were spending money they did not have.

Made for great listening though!

Famous Fiver
28-10-2018, 03:19 PM
Hearts (Budge) still spending money big time that is not hers.

She owns the chicken coop and all it's contents lock stock and barrel, is spending the fans money as hard as she can go, is getting 6 or 7 per cent interest , and it shows no signs of letting up.

marinello59
28-10-2018, 05:02 PM
Hearts (Budge) still spending money big time that is not hers.

She owns the chicken coop and all it's contents lock stock and barrel, is spending the fans money as hard as she can go, is getting 6 or 7 per cent interest , and it shows no signs of letting up.

They are financially sound now, let’s not pretend otherwise..

Iggy Pope
28-10-2018, 05:07 PM
They are financially sound now, let’s not pretend otherwise..

No. Let’s. Feels a bit cosier.