PDA

View Full Version : How restricted was your restricted view?

Carheenlea
21-10-2018, 12:03 PM
Had a restricted view ticket yesterday, and despite not actually being in my seat this was the view from about two yards from where I was meant to be - pillar only obstructed a small area down towards the main stand side corner flag at home end so a pretty good view.

http://i66.tinypic.com/2lnaes.jpg

However, it doesn’t look like one our fans reps had such a good view - Tracey Smith posted this on Twitter from her seat - a shocker!

http://i63.tinypic.com/2mqj89f.jpg

Just down to luck really how much you are impeded, but I’ve found section 119 to be fine in last three trips there.

Albanian Hibs
21-10-2018, 12:09 PM
My view was like the 2nd photo above.

Hermit Crab
21-10-2018, 12:13 PM
This photo is not zoomed in. This was my view from row BB seat 21.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181021/db1876808efcf0bfd1cdb829e1b7f62b.jpg

BoomtownHibees
21-10-2018, 12:14 PM
Felt like I missed half the game

BullsCloseHibs
21-10-2018, 12:15 PM

Quite embarrassing for Celtic that they have a stadium with such views. Not good enough in this day and age.

kaimendhibs
21-10-2018, 12:31 PM
Row TThttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181021/af9c5ec648f6dc592a1f79fe7eb09b0d.jpg

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Argylehibby
21-10-2018, 12:39 PM
Quite embarrassing for Celtic that they have a stadium with such views. Not good enough in this day and age.

Yeah but it's bigger than Ibrox and that's all that matters right?

greenlad
21-10-2018, 12:50 PM
Probably not as bad as it looks

Scouse Hibee
21-10-2018, 01:46 PM

So that’s what an away ST gets you 😂

Billy Whizz
21-10-2018, 01:54 PM

Pretty much was my view too

Lancs Harp
21-10-2018, 02:08 PM
Very restricted I was on a plane coming back from Thailand :wink:

JXM73
21-10-2018, 02:14 PM
sitting just the other side of the crazy stewards in the home end was fun watching the hibs fans - got rumbled a couple of times as was tapping away to some songs lol view of pitch was fine, but a modernish stadium with view like the above is disgraceful - guess it's the same for home fans up other end too ....

Hermit Crab
21-10-2018, 02:29 PM

Nah, it gets me tickets to every away game. I have the cigars out while others have the stress ball out during the online scramble.

Chorley Hibee
21-10-2018, 02:36 PM
View from my seat:

Scouse Hibee
21-10-2018, 02:41 PM
Nah, it gets me tickets to every away game. I have the cigars out while others have the stress ball out during the online scramble.

Nae stress for Tynie, strolled on late cigar already lit😂

Silversand
21-10-2018, 02:52 PM
View from last year's 2-2 draw.

https://youtu.be/3PKToBG7ENk

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Keith_M
21-10-2018, 03:42 PM
I think it's bad enough they're actually allowed to have seats with such a crap view, but to then give a discount of only 3 quid is taking the P1ss.

Steven79
21-10-2018, 03:53 PM
I think it's bad enough they're actually allowed to have seats with such a crap view, but to then give a discount of only 3 quid is taking the P1ss.

Everton are the same and they have even worse views from loads of seats.

Celtic fans in the upper tier right at the back must have a right rubbish view from all those pillars as well, grounds like Celtic Park & Tynecastle have both been done on the cheap to get capacity as high as possible without any thought to the fans that are inside.

Easter Road with the corners filled in would be by far the best football ground in Scotland.

Kojock
21-10-2018, 04:22 PM
Everton are the same and they have even worse views from loads of seats.

Celtic fans in the upper tier right at the back must have a right rubbish view from all those pillars as well, grounds like Celtic Park & Tynecastle have both been done on the cheap to get capacity as high as possible without any thought to the fans that are inside.

Easter Road with the corners filled in would be by far the best football ground in Scotland.

Parkhead was built with the simple spec to be bigger than Ibrox. No thought to spectator viewing hence all the pillars in the upper tier of the stand where the jungle used to be.

marinello59
21-10-2018, 04:37 PM
Parkhead was built with the simple spec to be bigger than Ibrox. No thought to spectator viewing hence all the pillars in the upper tier of the stand where the jungle used to be.

That’s a different roof over where the Jungle was surely? It wasn’t that high.

Kojock
21-10-2018, 04:47 PM
That’s a different roof over where the Jungle was surely? It wasn’t that high.

Of course it is, the upper tier has several pillars. Ibrox is a far better viewing arena and even though it pains me to say it Ibrox is the best stadium in Scotland.

Keith_M
21-10-2018, 04:58 PM
Of course it is, the upper tier has several pillars. Ibrox is a far better viewing arena and even though it pains me to say it Ibrox is the best stadium in Scotland.

There's actually some really crap views at Ibrox as well, in the Main Stand. Doesn't bother us as it only affects the home fans though.

https://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/uploads/monthly_2016_08/IMG_1472553784.930896.jpg.4f28bc97b976a1cad367d141 68a9a77f.jpg

Hermit Crab
21-10-2018, 05:37 PM
There's actually some really crap views at Ibrox as well, in the Main Stand. Doesn't bother us as it only affects the home fans though.

https://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/uploads/monthly_2016_08/IMG_1472553784.930896.jpg.4f28bc97b976a1cad367d141 68a9a77f.jpg

Thats the club deck isn't it?

CelticEnd
21-10-2018, 05:51 PM

North stand pillars are due to a lack of space.

Pillars in the East and West stands go down the back of the stand.

Because of the proximity of the cemetery to the back of the north stand they can't have the pillars coming from the back of the stand as the stand over hangs the grave yard.

Away stand view is shocking. I'd guess in the next 10 years or so Celtic will replace the Main Stand and connect the south west and south east corners (will just be a single tier as no demand for hugely increased capacity)

Kojock
21-10-2018, 06:13 PM
North stand pillars are due to a lack of space.

Pillars in the East and West stands go down the back of the stand.

Because of the proximity of the cemetery to the back of the north stand they can't have the pillars coming from the back of the stand as the stand over hangs the grave yard.

Away stand view is shocking. I'd guess in the next 10 years or so Celtic will replace the Main Stand and connect the south west and south east corners (will just be a single tier as no demand for hugely increased capacity)
Celtic fans must have a similar view in section 121 in the home end.

Keith_M
21-10-2018, 06:14 PM
Thats the club deck isn't it?

I think so, yeah

ian cruise
21-10-2018, 06:25 PM

I've sat in the home stand at ibrox, it absolutely is not, it's nowhere near as good as the west or east stand in our Easter Road, even if it is bigger.

Billy Whizz
21-10-2018, 06:26 PM
I think so, yeah

Not at that height

Keith_M
21-10-2018, 06:28 PM
Not at that height

Ah, OK. Is the one above it the Club Deck, then?

:dunno:

Billy Whizz
21-10-2018, 06:41 PM
Ah, OK. Is the one above it the Club Deck, then?

:dunno:

Thought the Club deck was the top tier of the 3 tier stand

Iggy Pope
21-10-2018, 07:50 PM
Celtic fans must have a similar view in section 121 in the home end.

To the immediate left of where I was sitting it’s doubtful if too many will care about the view unless they have eyes in the backs of their heads.

Kojock
21-10-2018, 08:05 PM
To the immediate left of where I was sitting it’s doubtful if too many will care about the view unless they have eyes in the backs of their heads.

Don't understand your comment? You have section 120 where the away fans are accommodated and to the left you have the South stand (the one supported by two huge pillars) and immediately after the South stand you have section 121.

McD
21-10-2018, 08:15 PM
Don't understand your comment? You have section 120 where the away fans are accommodated and to the left you have the South stand (the one supported by two huge pillars) and immediately after the South stand you have section 121.

Think he means the home fans werent facing the pitch, too busy shouting abuse at the away fans

sauzee6_2
21-10-2018, 08:24 PM
Got to be honest, I was there yesterday and whilst I had to ‘crane’ my neck a few times, it was nothing I didn’t have to to do in the old east stand.

Something should appreciate at EasterRoad

Stantons Angel
21-10-2018, 08:44 PM
Restricted isnt the word for my view on Saturday....

I was sitting just were you enter the stand from the stairway. if i sat down i had to look throught the different bits of the barriers at the top of the lower stairway, if i stood up i couldnt see for thon pillar and if i sat on top of the seat i still couldnt see for the inconsiderate supporters of ours who stood at the barriers for a better view!

I was continually asking people to move to let me see the game i had paid for a ticket to watch!

The stewards where just as bad as they congregated there for a blether now and again and i had to ask them to move too.

the way Hibs played first half didnt help my mood either!

It was the most uncomfortable away day game ive had in years.

In this day and age stadiums show facilitate for the supporters of both teams to enable them both to get the best matchday experience.

Away supports come to Easter Road and get a great view from all areas of the stand they are allocated in but we get treated to this sort of treatment and higher prices too from the Glasgow teams especially.

CMurdoch
21-10-2018, 10:30 PM
Restricted isnt the word for my view on Saturday....

I was sitting just were you enter the stand from the stairway. if i sat down i had to look throught the different bits of the barriers at the top of the lower stairway, if i stood up i couldnt see for thon pillar and if i sat on top of the seat i still couldnt see for the inconsiderate supporters of ours who stood at the barriers for a better view!

I was continually asking people to move to let me see the game i had paid for a ticket to watch!

The stewards where just as bad as they congregated there for a blether now and again and i had to ask them to move too.

the way Hibs played first half didnt help my mood either!

It was the most uncomfortable away day game ive had in years.

In this day and age stadiums show facilitate for the supporters of both teams to enable them both to get the best matchday experience.

Away supports come to Easter Road and get a great view from all areas of the stand they are allocated in but we get treated to this sort of treatment and higher prices too from the Glasgow teams especially.

That's why i didn't go, simply not worth the bother of fighting online to get an expensive ticket knowing that it almost certainly has a crap view.

Frazerbob
22-10-2018, 06:14 AM
Got to be honest, I was there yesterday and whilst I had to ‘crane’ my neck a few times, it was nothing I didn’t have to to do in the old east stand.

Something should appreciate at EasterRoad

‘The OLD East’.

Frazerbob
22-10-2018, 06:15 AM

Do they give a discount? Or do they charge a £3 premium for non restricted view seats?

itslegaltender
22-10-2018, 06:15 AM
We do have a few restricted view seats ourselves. Nothing as bad as Parkhead though. Up very back of east stand, either side of tv gantry. A lot worse when doughnuts Stand in the gantry.

jingler1954
22-10-2018, 04:29 PM
Couldn't see the centre of the pitch which was about 60% of the game also 2 empty seats next to me in RoW HH

Diclonius
23-01-2019, 10:56 AM
So for those of us who are going to try and get tickets for the upcoming game, what rows should you try and avoid if anyway? Seems like the low "double letters" (i.e. AA, BB) are the bad ones and the higher the letters, the better?

Any seat numbers to avoid too? Low ones again, I'm guessing?

Keith_M
23-01-2019, 12:24 PM
So for those of us who are going to try and get tickets for the upcoming game, what rows should you try and avoid if anyway? Seems like the low "double letters" (i.e. AA, BB) are the bad ones and the higher the letters, the better?

Actually, the front 15 or so rows have no restrictions, as the pillar is farther back

Aim Here
23-01-2019, 01:11 PM
Actually, the front 15 or so rows have no restrictions, as the pillar is farther back

The front rows are likely the ones with single letter row designations.

BILLYHIBS
23-01-2019, 08:55 PM
Couldnae get a stream tonight but bearing in mind we got bumped not too bothered :greengrin

Tarrahib
24-01-2019, 08:32 AM

Hibs should have waited till today to sell tickets for the Celtic game.The website might not have gone into meltdown after last night.

Hermit Crab
24-01-2019, 02:31 PM
Hibs should have waited till today to sell tickets for the Celtic game.The website might not have gone into meltdown after last night.

Theres still tickets on sale, no mad rush this time. Funny that eh.

Jamesie
28-01-2019, 01:59 PM
Couldn't see the centre of the pitch which was about 60% of the game also 2 empty seats next to me in RoW HH

Don't suppose you remember where in row HH you were sitting mate? I ask as this is the row that is being offered on the ticketing website just now so want to try and avoid the bad seats!

Diclonius
28-01-2019, 02:03 PM
I'm row CC in block 120, any good?

Aim Here
28-01-2019, 02:13 PM

Probably not. Block 120 is where the pillar is, and the low double-letter rows are the ones just behind it.

Aim Here
28-01-2019, 02:23 PM
Don't suppose you remember where in row HH you were sitting mate? I ask as this is the row that is being offered on the ticketing website just now so want to try and avoid the bad seats!

I had HH43 for a prior game - the pillar blocked line of sight of the far corner post and the area just outside the penalty area (I consequently didn't see either of the two fouls awarded to Hibs)

Frazerbob
28-01-2019, 02:23 PM

I think that’s more because the site was was a shambles. I needed 5, only managed to get 2, miles away from each other, after several calls due the site crashing. Two hours of my life gone!

Iggy Pope
28-01-2019, 03:13 PM

Midweek. Not funny.

Diclonius
28-01-2019, 03:19 PM
Probably not. Block 120 is where the pillar is, and the low double-letter rows are the ones just behind it.

Excellent

Hermit Crab
29-01-2019, 07:55 AM

This row BB of block 120. Where I was last time.

Carheenlea
29-01-2019, 08:48 AM
I’m row W in 120 but with restricted view from a seat in front of pillar - I wonder what the obstruction can be in this instance? Can’t be too bad.

jingler1954
29-01-2019, 08:49 AM
I was slightly to the right missing from the centre circle to the corner flag. I wont be back untill they spend some of there trillions on upgrading the worst football stadium in the top flight. Or give us unrestricted view seats in another part of the stadium. PS Did I mention how much I hate Celtic.

Carheenlea
29-01-2019, 08:59 AM
I was slightly to the right missing from the centre circle to the corner flag. I wont be back untill they spend some of there trillions on upgrading the worst football stadium in the top flight. Or give us unrestricted view seats in another part of the stadium. PS Did I mention how much I hate Celtic.

I suppose it’s the same for their fans in the opposite corner, and the upper tier of the stand opposite the old stand has pillars obstructing the views. It’s a pity there are a few seats with poor views, but there are still plenty fine views in the away section in what is an excellent stadium. Ibrox offers more unrestricted views and I think it’s the better of the two stadiums, but for me the worst away ground is Pittodrie - dreadful sight lines and poor facilities.

Aim Here
29-01-2019, 09:48 AM
I suppose it’s the same for their fans in the opposite corner, and the upper tier of the stand opposite the old stand has pillars obstructing the views. It’s a pity there are a few seats with poor views, but there are still plenty fine views in the away section in what is an excellent stadium. Ibrox offers more unrestricted views and I think it’s the better of the two stadiums, but for me the worst away ground is Pittodrie - dreadful sight lines and poor facilities.

There's not enough unrestricted view seats to cover the 150 or so AST holders. Your idea of plenty differs from mine.

Carheenlea
29-01-2019, 11:28 AM
There's not enough unrestricted view seats to cover the 150 or so AST holders. Your idea of plenty differs from mine.

If you look at the first post on this thread, I put up two pictures of restricted views from the last game there. The first one was hardly restricted at all but the second was a shocker. I’d say the majority of seats are acceptable but it’s understandable that folk are going to get angry when finding themselves in some of the more extreme restricted view seats. There is definitely a case for Celtic to charge a lot less for these seats, but when most clubs don’t sell their allocation it isn’t a problem for their fans as you just move to an empty seat with better view. It’s definitely a complaint that the fans reps should be taking to the board and to forward these complaints on to their counterparts at Celtic.

Diclonius
29-01-2019, 11:30 AM
This row BB of block 120. Where I was last time.

Mental. I suppose I'd rather not see the centre of the pitch than the final thirds.

Keith_M
29-01-2019, 01:42 PM
Mental. I suppose I'd rather not see the centre of the pitch than the final thirds.

You do realise you're getting a two quid discount, though?

Billy Whizz
29-01-2019, 01:43 PM
Still tickets on sale for this game

HibeeMassive
29-01-2019, 02:52 PM

I wouldn't be surprised if people have given up - I was still unable to login to the ticket site yesterday, that's from Wednesday morning when the tickets went on sale and using 3 different devices & various browsers. Seen others saying they still can't login to the site too on twitter.

I ended up getting on eventually with my daughters login yesterday, so they are obviously having issues still for some users but not others. Although not sure if I actually got tickets or not - bought two, but came up with an error after putting in the card details (after a long delay). Shows on her account history that I purchased two tickets but not had any confirmation email.

Tried calling the TO several times today to check if it's gone through or not, only for it to ring out...

Have wasted hours trying to get these tickets and I will be directly behind the pillar (seats were section 120, row GG) if/when I do get to the game! Just as well I love this club :thumbsup:

Billy Whizz
29-01-2019, 02:54 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if people have given up - I was still unable to login to the ticket site yesterday, that's from Wednesday morning when the tickets went on sale and using 3 different devices & various browsers. Seen others saying they still can't login to the site too on twitter.

I ended up getting on eventually with my daughters login yesterday, so they are obviously having issues still for some users but not others. Although not sure if I actually got tickets or not - bought two, but came up with an error after putting in the card details (after a long delay). Shows on her account history that I purchased two tickets but not had any confirmation email.

Tried calling the TO several times today to check if it's gone through or not, only for it to ring out...

Have wasted hours trying to get these tickets and I will be directly behind the pillar (seats were section 120, row GG) if/when I do get to the game! Just as well I love this club :thumbsup:

I’ve reported the issue to the TO today, I’ve been having problems for a few days
TO manager has reported it to Ticketmaster

Diclonius
29-01-2019, 02:56 PM

The upside of this being if we don't sell out those of us who are stuck behind the pillar can move to the higher unsold rows and get a better view.