PDA

View Full Version : Highlights Here

Hermit Crab
21-10-2018, 09:34 AM
https://hibstv.hibernianfc.co.uk/tv/video/vod/5258

Heisenberg
21-10-2018, 09:48 AM
Milligan should’ve snapped Forrest when he had the chance.

BILLYHIBS
21-10-2018, 09:49 AM

He has to catch him first ( outside the box preferably) :greengrin

Hermit Crab
21-10-2018, 09:52 AM

Yes he should have taken the "tactical" booking.

Ambrose and Sliv could have done better for the second, the fourth goal is such poor marking.

Celtics movement was top class yesterday, I hope Hearts front pairings movement isn't that good next week

RyeSloan
21-10-2018, 10:12 AM
You can always spot where a goal could be stopped..Milligan for the third, Mallan letting his man run off him for the first etc etc but you have to say some of the Celtic build up play and passing for their goals is pretty impressive.

Beautiful strike from Flo though and it’s crazy to think Scotland have let Boyle go to the Aussies when you see his pace and finish for our second.

Gotta have a go at the champs when you have the chance and despite a depleted squad and the result I’m glad we did.

SChibs
21-10-2018, 11:25 AM
You can always spot where a goal could be stopped..Milligan for the third, Mallan letting his man run off him for the first etc etc but you have to say some of the Celtic build up play and passing for their goals is pretty impressive.

Beautiful strike from Flo though and it’s crazy to think Scotland have let Boyle go to the Aussies when you see his pace and finish for our second.

Gotta have a go at the champs when you have the chance and despite a depleted squad and the result I’m glad we did.

Was particularly impressed with the way Martin Boyle just outmuscles the Celtic defender for his goal.

Hermit Crab
21-10-2018, 11:51 AM

Lets be honest Boyles one on one conversion rate is less than impressive. It was a great finish yesterday though, hopefully that will help him be more composed in the future.

SMAXXA
21-10-2018, 11:56 AM
Pish defending, masters of our own downfall but showed character never out the game.

Bishop Hibee
21-10-2018, 12:21 PM
Tremendous play from Boyle for his goal. Need to toughen up in midfield and defence before Tynecastle though. They’ll kick everything.

Scotty Leither
21-10-2018, 12:30 PM
I was screaming for Milligan to foul Forrest at the game...in retrospect Robertson would probably have sent him off and he'd miss the game against that mob.

I love Lennon as Hibs manager, but I feel we were too open yesterday and if you give Celtc too much space in your own half they'll run over the top of you as was evidenced with three of their goals.

The game at the PBS will almost be the inverse to yesterday's game on a tight park against another one of the SPL's more "robust" sides.

Let's hope Lenny gets it right.

WeeRussell
21-10-2018, 01:28 PM

Yep. Or not have sold himself and got himself skinned in the first place. Pretty poor defending all round going by the highlights but both of our goals were taken extremely well!

A game that would have been a bonus to take anything from. Now we’ve time to prepare for a huge game on Halloween, and hopefully welcome a few players back too.

G B Young
21-10-2018, 02:11 PM
I was screaming for Milligan to foul Forrest at the game...in retrospect Robertson would probably have sent him off and he'd miss the game against that mob.

I love Lennon as Hibs manager, but I feel we were too open yesterday and if you give Celtc too much space in your own half they'll run over the top of you as was evidenced with three of their goals.

The game at the PBS will almost be the inverse to yesterday's game on a tight park against another one of the SPL's more "robust" sides.

I caught a glimpse of the yams game on Alba last night while channel flicking and the pitch really does look 'tiny' and very boxed in compared to the likes of Celtic Park's wide expanses. Perhaps it's made to look even smaller by Levein's land of the giants squad of players.

brog
21-10-2018, 02:45 PM

It looked like Lennon made that point to him & Milligan wasn't impressed.

EH54
21-10-2018, 02:53 PM
Boyle has came on leaps and bounds. Even when played up top he is looking the part. Getting better in the air too. Kamberi's was a great finish and done well to get away from boyata as I thought he was beginning to tire. We looked good at times particularly second half, defence let us down as scoring 2 and your goalie having a game like that should be enough to get something from the game.

The Green Goblin
21-10-2018, 03:13 PM
https://hibstv.hibernianfc.co.uk/tv/video/vod/5258

Cheers!

The Green Goblin
21-10-2018, 03:14 PM
I don’t think it was a coincidence that we were a bit shaky in defence without Porteous.

Johnny_Leith
22-10-2018, 06:46 AM
Boyle has came on leaps and bounds. Even when played up top he is looking the part. Getting better in the air too. Kamberi's was a great finish and done well to get away from boyata as I thought he was beginning to tire. We looked good at times particularly second half, defence let us down as scoring 2 and your goalie having a game like that should be enough to get something from the game.

Nah, that's not true regarding Boyle. I keep reading on here, he's not a striker. I mean, sure, he's scored goals and caused the opposition problems whenever he starts upfront, but he's not a striker - it's a hibs.net FACT.

Hermit Crab
22-10-2018, 07:43 AM
Nah, that's not true regarding Boyle. I keep reading on here, he's not a striker. I mean, sure, he's scored goals and caused the opposition problems whenever he starts upfront, but he's not a striker - it's a hibs.net FACT.

And you'll continue to read on here that he's not a striker until his conversion rate improves significantly.

GreenArmyyy!
22-10-2018, 08:20 AM
Pish defending, masters of our own downfall but showed character never out the game.

Funny the way opinions can differ in football. I never really thought we were in the game on Saturday, much like the semi final I thought Celtic always had the cushion of an extra goal in them on Saturday. Plus, had it not been for the post and Bogdan we’d have been given a proper going over in the first half.

GreenArmyyy!
22-10-2018, 08:26 AM

Whilst I agree we were too open on Saturday I’ll always take having a go at Celtic than playing for a 0-0 which literally every other team in the league does at Parkhead.

It’s been proven time and time again the best way to beat Celtic is to stand up to them and go for the jugular from the off. It didn’t work on Saturday but more because of the initial formation/player positions and lacklustre performances than the way we wanted to go about the game.

The last team to score two goals at Celtic Park before Saturday was.... yep you guessed it, Hibs last year.

I’ll always take that over being Hearts and happy to lose 2,3,4-0 every single time they go to Parkhead.

I'm Spartacus
22-10-2018, 01:11 PM

Exactly this. We now know that no matter the score we are never out the game, with finishing like that we're going to absolutely turn many teams over.

JimBHibees
22-10-2018, 01:44 PM
I don’t think it was a coincidence that we were a bit shaky in defence without Porteous.

Why was he not playing ? Injured?

Hermit Crab
22-10-2018, 01:46 PM

Benched but he played in that Scotland v England under 21's game, maybe he picked up a knock.

JimBHibees
22-10-2018, 01:48 PM
Benched but he played in that Scotland v England under 21's game, maybe he picked up a knock.

Shame looked from what I saw the game came a bit too early for Darren in his comeback.

Aim Here
22-10-2018, 01:49 PM

Most likely it was because Daz was back. Porty was on the bench.

CMurdoch
22-10-2018, 03:40 PM

Foot injury apparently. Not enough to keep him off the bench but enough for him not to start.

CMurdoch
22-10-2018, 03:44 PM
Milligans only chance of stopping Forrest was to grab hold of him just after he received the ball.
He was never close enough after that to even trip him before he got into the penalty area.