PDA

View Full Version : Celtic Stewards today

kaimendhibs
20-10-2018, 11:13 PM
I was up the back in Row TT, last seat next to segregation. Celtic scored early then went two nil up. Stewards all cheery and smily. Then we scored and they showed true colours. Pushing us away, away, out of our paid seats, snarling and aggressive. Utter ****bags

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Carheenlea
21-10-2018, 06:55 AM
Never had any bother from the stewards, but I couldn’t take my seat as a lot of the singing section folk appeared to be standing where they liked so had to stand on the walkway along with a few others. Police said I’d need to go back to my seat, but when I said I couldn’t take my seat as others were standing there he said I’d need to tell them to move. Just moved along the walkway a bit and seemed a good few couldn’t take their allocated seats.

Pretty Boy
21-10-2018, 06:58 AM
I hate Celtic Park and stopped going years ago.

Stewards are dicks and the view is garbage. Last time I was there was the 1-0 win when Galbraith scored

Nicho87
21-10-2018, 07:32 AM

Stewards are dicks and the view is garbage. Last time I was there was the 1-0 win when Galbraith scored

It was 2-1 that night was it no

Pretty Boy
21-10-2018, 07:40 AM

Could have been.

I just remember tanning about 12 cans on the last bus back to Aberdeen with only 2 other passengers on board.

Dancehibs
21-10-2018, 08:05 AM
Never had any bother from the stewards, but I couldn’t take my seat as a lot of the singing section folk appeared to be standing where they liked so had to stand on the walkway along with a few others. Police said I’d need to go back to my seat, but when I said I couldn’t take my seat as others were standing there he said I’d need to tell them to move. Just moved along the walkway a bit and seemed a good few couldn’t take their allocated seats.
There were lots fans having problems trying to get into thier seats in that area. They seems to stand where ever they feel like it . Unless they were all allocated a block of seats.

One Day
21-10-2018, 09:08 AM

I feel the same, although I did try and get tickets for this game. Stewards have always been the same at Parkhead. Ive had better banter with stewards at Ibrox

Sir David Gray
21-10-2018, 09:18 AM

It was 2-1 and that was my one and only visit to Parkhead. I won't be back unless it's a title decider or something. The wheelchair section there is awful.

Dancehibs
21-10-2018, 09:23 AM
It was 2-1 and that was my one and only visit to Parkhead. I won't be back unless it's a title decider or something. The wheelchair section there is awful.

They have built a new section at front of hibs fans. It’s fairly raised up. Decent view

Sir David Gray
21-10-2018, 09:35 AM
They have built a new section at front of hibs fans. It’s fairly raised up. Decent view

Oh right I didn't realise that. Is it still within the away section?

BILLYHIBS
21-10-2018, 09:45 AM
Gave up going to that piggery years ago for all the reasons cited on these threads:

Biased refereeing

Biased Polis

Biased Stewards

Biased home fans facing away from the action and giving you constant pelters for ninety minutes

Home fans throwing missiles at you

Home fans singing political and religious songs about stuff no longer relevant in today’s society or relevant to the UK

Home fans sending you to Hun pubs for prematch drinks

Home fans invading the pitch when they are getting a doing

Referee giving the home team their obligatory penalty

Referee abandoning the game because a wee bit fog comes down when the home team are getting humped with five minutes to go

Street vendors trying to convince you their Celtic tat is HIBS colours

Street urchins offering to guard your car

Being herded and treated like cattle into a wee corner of the stadium and regarded by all and sundry as the pantomime villains

I remember when Scotty Brown Deeks and Gary OConnor turned them over at Parkheid and the Stewards refused to allow them to celebrate the three goals in front of our fans

Nothing has changed

Hermit Crab
21-10-2018, 09:50 AM

Yes it is, they've built it on top of the first 4 or 5 rows so it seems like you do get a decent view from there.

Sir David Gray
21-10-2018, 10:23 AM
Yes it is, they've built it on top of the first 4 or 5 rows so it seems like you do get a decent view from there.

Thanks for that. I had no idea that had changed I'll think about going to the next match later in the season then.

The previous wheelchair seating area was right down the front and you could see practically nothing as the police and stewards spent half their time standing in front of the away support. It was awful.

21-10-2018, 10:26 AM

Is this why there was limited non-restricted view tickets?

Dancehibs
21-10-2018, 10:27 AM
Thanks for that. I had no idea that had changed I'll think about going to the next match later in the season then.

The previous wheelchair seating area was right down the front and you could see practically nothing as the police and stewards spent half their time standing in front of the away support. It was awful.
Nothing like that now mate. Give it a try

Dancehibs
21-10-2018, 10:28 AM
Is this why there was limited non-restricted view tickets?

Like that last season. We ended up with same allocation as last season. Just Celtic being wan@@@@@

Carheenlea
21-10-2018, 10:58 AM

Seems a better facility for wheelchair users than previously experienced through there. At least they have taken on board complaints from disabled fans about the view and stewards blocking the pitch and done something about it.

http://i63.tinypic.com/358uiv9.jpg

where'stheslope
21-10-2018, 11:53 AM
Can't believe fans are still complaining about their treatment in Glasgow by both Celtic and Rangers stewards?
For years they have been totally over the top in setting fans straight on what they want them to do!
The Police are the same, they only ever take action if a missile hits one of their own never fans!!
They are all blinkered when it comes to home fans and their misdemeanours yet jump on away fans for not sitting in seats quick enough!!
Its the same at Hampden, fans from outside Glasgow are treated like dirt by the local Police!!!
So, my summation for Glasgow is stay away!!!

Carheenlea
21-10-2018, 12:06 PM
Can't believe fans are still complaining about their treatment in Glasgow by both Celtic and Rangers stewards?
For years they have been totally over the top in setting fans straight on what they want them to do!
The Police are the same, they only ever take action if a missile hits one of their own never fans!!
They are all blinkered when it comes to home fans and their misdemeanours yet jump on away fans for not sitting in seats quick enough!!
Its the same at Hampden, fans from outside Glasgow are treated like dirt by the local Police!!!

From my experience, the stewarding and policing is nowhere near as bad as what it once was in Glasgow, and Celtic in particular was always overly robust. I’ve seen a big improvement to be fair.

kaimendhibs
21-10-2018, 12:32 PM
Can't believe I'm moaning about getting told to leave my paid for seat?

Gloucester Hibs
21-10-2018, 12:38 PM
Found the stewarding ok yesterday. Remember the 2-1 game (Galbraith winner) there was a big fat steward ejecting Hibs fans for having the temerity to stand up every time we had a chance. Made a point of going extra-bonkers right in his face when we got the late winner!

FilipinoHibs
21-10-2018, 12:39 PM
Can't believe I'm moaning about getting told to leave my paid for seat?

Title decider in 76. We lost 4-0 and got robbed on and pissed from upper tear when we left. Never gone back since. Low life's worse than the Huns. Only need to see what rocks up to ER when we play them.

marinello59
21-10-2018, 12:58 PM
Title decider in 76. We lost 4-0 and got robbed on and pissed from upper tear when we left. Never gone back since. Low life's worse than the Huns. Only need to see what rocks up to ER when we play them.

The upper tier in ‘76?

lyonhibs
22-10-2018, 01:04 PM
Went there once, and won't be rushing back.

We were lucky to have actual seats, several just had the iron bracket on which the seat was meant to be. Then there was the, as discussed, weird "private security" firm style tactics from the stewards and the concave faced cretins in the home stands making charming "grenade throwing" gestures.

On the plus side, we got a point with David Murphy scoring a rasper.

snedzuk
22-10-2018, 03:47 PM
Gave up going to that piggery years ago for all the reasons cited on these threads:

Biased refereeing

Biased Polis

Biased Stewards

Biased home fans facing away from the action and giving you constant pelters for ninety minutes

Home fans throwing missiles at you

Home fans singing political and religious songs about stuff no longer relevant in today’s society or relevant to the UK

Home fans sending you to Hun pubs for prematch drinks

Home fans invading the pitch when they are getting a doing

Referee giving the home team their obligatory penalty

Referee abandoning the game because a wee bit fog comes down when the home team are getting humped with five minutes to go

Street vendors trying to convince you their Celtic tat is HIBS colours

Street urchins offering to guard your car

Being herded and treated like cattle into a wee corner of the stadium and regarded by all and sundry as the pantomime villains

I remember when Scotty Brown Deeks and Gary OConnor turned them over at Parkheid and the Stewards refused to allow them to celebrate the three goals in front of our fans

Nothing has changed

Even now this still rankles with me.

Keith_M
22-10-2018, 04:10 PM
Were you among the bunch of guys that the Supervisor was moaning his face off at? His attitude was absolutely terrible, a total little Hitler.

Funny thing is, he never said a word to me when I was celebrating Hibs second, and I was just the other side of the segregation.

:confused:

Keith_M
22-10-2018, 04:15 PM
The upper tier in ‘76?

Yeah, I was wondering about that as well.

It was three sides of terracing plus the same Main Stand as they have now, surely.

kaimendhibs
22-10-2018, 05:23 PM
Were you among the bunch of guys that the Supervisor was moaning his face off at? His attitude was absolutely terrible, a total little Hitler.

Funny thing is, he never said a word to me when I was celebrating Hibs second, and I was just the other side of the segregation.

:confused:Aye. Row TT

Gaffer1875
22-10-2018, 05:43 PM
I had two tickets in section 118 and was sitting there amongst a few other Hibees. Was absolute torture and my daughter kept on clapping Hibs!

Spoke with the steward at half time and he was cool with us moving to the seats at the top of the Hibs section. Not a great view but that’s a different story!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Iggy Pope
22-10-2018, 06:11 PM
The upper tier in ‘76?

Title decider in ‘76?

Ringothedog
22-10-2018, 08:18 PM
I had two tickets in section 118 and was sitting there amongst a few other Hibees. Was absolute torture and my daughter kept on clapping Hibs!

Spoke with the steward at half time and he was cool with us moving to the seats at the top of the Hibs section. Not a great view but that’s a different story!

We had tickets in 118 as well, there were quite a few Hibs fans around us and we cheered each Hibs goal and never moved when they scored

Gaffer1875
22-10-2018, 08:19 PM
Fair enough mate, my daughter who’s 13 wanted to get involved with the singing, don’t think that would have went done too well in 118 [emoji6][emoji23]

green&left
23-10-2018, 07:42 AM
I was up the back in Row TT, last seat next to segregation. Celtic scored early then went two nil up. Stewards all cheery and smily. Then we scored and they showed true colours. Pushing us away, away, out of our paid seats, snarling and aggressive. Utter ****bags

TBF to them it was only one utter c*** of a steward with the cap and supervisor bib on. Swaggering about up telling people he "has a licence to eject people". The other's were sound throughout. Not a hint of bother until he showed up.

Keith_M
23-10-2018, 12:14 PM
TBF to them it was only one utter c*** of a steward with the cap and supervisor bib on. Swaggering about up telling people he "has a licence to eject people". The other's were sound throughout. Not a hint of bother until he showed up.

Yeah, I think some of the other Stewards looked a bit embarrassed at the guy. I still have no idea what it was he was complaining about, the guys he was yapping at had only celebrated a goal.

Meanwhile, they totally ignored the Celtc Fans around me giving it the 'come ahead' at the Hibs support. Though, TBF, he did throw out the laddie that threw the cup.