PDA

View Full Version : Only one Neil Lennon

A Hi-Bee
20-10-2018, 09:50 PM
Good to see our manager telling it like he sees it against the smelic.
This is from that red top the daily ranker, so I have cut and paste it to save anyone else clicking on the *****y excuse for a newspaper.

Neil Lennon has blasted referee Don Robertson following Hibs' 4-2 defeat to Celtic and claims his side were playing against 12 men.

The Easter Road men were leapfrogged by the Premiership champions after a thrilling encounter at Parkhead.

There also appeared to be a brief touchline exchange between the two benches following the final whistle - something Lennon maintains he was not involved in.

The Hibs boss reserved the bulk of his frustration for Robertson after he failed to book Filip Benkovic for a challenge on Emerson Hyndman, a tackle Lennon suggested could have merited a red card.

The former Parkhead gaffer also insisted he's fed up of his side being mentioned as title contenders, pointing out how Celtic's budget dwarfs their own and that his team are made up of "free transfers and rejects from other clubs".

Lennon said: "I'm sick of hearing this title contention sort of stuff.

"They've got a budget of £16million quid, a £9million striker, I've got free transfers and rejects from other clubs who are playing brilliantly for me.

"I'm really pleased with what I saw second-half, in a 38 game season it's very difficult to maintain that consistency, especially against the quality of opposition.

"And when you're playing against 12-men it's very difficult, I thought the referee was abysmal.

"How Benkovic doesn't get a yellow card and McGregor does is beyond me. He's taken Hyndman completely out of the game.

"We get a free-kick on the edge of the box, no yellow card. He (the referee) says he's not going near the goal, it doesn't matter, the intention is just to take the player out.

"We've been flagged offside from a defensive tackle when we're breaking."

Goals from Tom Rogic, Olivier Ntcham and a double from Odsonne Edouard outdid strikes from Florian Kamberi and Martin Boyle in a pulsating 90 minutes.

But despite being happy with his side's second-half display, Lennon was left with a bitter taste over the perceived inconsistencies in Robertson's performance.

He went on: "The Benkovic one for me is borderline red, never mind me, he gets nothing, he's just took Hyndman completely out.

"He knew what he was doing, there's no intent to play the ball so it baffles me why that's not a yellow card.

"I'm not here to get players sent off I'm just looking for the referee to do his job properly."

Lennon also contested why he was being fielded questions about the post-match exchange on the touchline, when Brendan Rodgers apparently had not.

He added: "What did Brendan say about that? Why are you asking me? Why don't you ask Brendan about it? I wasn't involved in anything.

"We'll keep it to ourselves, it'll sit for another time. You're asking me a question you didn't ask the Celtic manager.

"Their bench was involved, our bench was involved, yet you didn't ask him the question. If you're looking for a headline, you're not getting one."

:thumbsup:

MWHIBBIES
20-10-2018, 10:06 PM
Weird that instead of singling out players and criticising them he's full of praise and perspective. Few on here should definitely follow suit.

Jack Hackett
20-10-2018, 10:18 PM
I'm with Lenny. It's a hard ask playing against the GFA and Celtc at the same time

Scotty Leither
20-10-2018, 10:35 PM
I've always found Celtc as a club, and a good number of their supporters to be the most patronising shower of knobs ever since one of them (accompanied by three of his mates) bravely punched me square in the mouth at the top of London road when I was 15 years old after disagreeing with him that Hibs were "just really an Edinburgh Sellik".

Maybe I'm just bitter after today's result, but this is the kind of thing that the SFA tend to punish Hibs for and I really hope our Board publicly stand by him if that does transpire.

There'll certainly never be an instance when a linesman goes into our dressing room to apologise for a decision that's went against us, that's for sure.

SaulGoodman
20-10-2018, 10:42 PM
Not sure some of our players will appreciate being called rejects?

Shrekko
20-10-2018, 10:45 PM
Not sure some of our players will appreciate being called rejects?

He did say they’d done brilliantly for us. Great manager who knows the right thing to say every single time.

kaimendhibs
20-10-2018, 10:52 PM
That referee was a homer and a clown all day long. We have no chance playing 12 men

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Montford
21-10-2018, 12:22 AM
Apparently Don Robertson is a well known Celtic fan from Southside of Glasgow
Been seen singing all the Celtic repertoire at times

How come almost all the refs come from the west of Scotland and greater Glasgow and this is never brought up
Surely there must be some Hibby refs from the east that can slip through unnoticed to even things out...

CMurdoch
21-10-2018, 01:29 AM
We were well beaten and it was nothing to do with the referee.
Lennon is a winner and he has the team thinking the same way and fighting for each other but he doesn't half speak some victim rubbish.

Cod Boy
21-10-2018, 01:40 AM
A wrong choice of personal was our downfall. Couldn’t have complained if Celtic had scored a lot more time to take responsibility Mr Lennon when we get beat and stop deflecting it on the officials.

Col_0762
21-10-2018, 02:52 AM
I've always found Celtc as a club, and a good number of their supporters to be the most patronising shower of knobs ever since one of them (accompanied by three of his mates) bravely punched me square in the mouth at the top of London road when I was 15 years old after disagreeing with him that Hibs were "just really an Edinburgh Sellik".

Maybe I'm just bitter after today's result, but this is the kind of thing that the SFA tend to punish Hibs for and I really hope our Board publicly stand by him if that does transpire.

There'll certainly never be an instance when a linesman goes into our dressing room to apologise for a decision that's went against us, that's for sure.

With you here. They’re the most dispacable ****s in the world. Horrible *******s.

Borderhibbie76
21-10-2018, 06:40 AM
Not sure some of our players will appreciate being called rejects?Yeah bad choice of words that...I see the point he's trying to make but I don't like that term at all tbh

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

highland hibbee
21-10-2018, 06:51 AM

totally agree with you mate, absolute vermin.
If it makes you feel any better , here’s a wee story.
i lived in the fort William area for a long time, and around the mid 80s there was a guy I used to see in the Volly in the town, and have a pint with. Big Celtic fan, he knew i went to a lot of the games, always pestering me to take him down to a hibs Sellik game. Against my better judgement I agreed. I drove down he talked sellik ***** the whole way.
he went to the away end, I went to the east terracing as was my usual
anyway half way through the second half the game was out of sight, hibs had done what seemed quite common up until fairly recently and rolled over to them.
f&&k this, there’s no way I’m putting up with his patronising guff the whole way back up the road.
out the ground, into the car and left him, grinning the whole way home.
no mobiles or anything back then.
he never spoke to me again, strange character..........

JimBHibees
21-10-2018, 07:30 AM

How come almost all the refs come from the west of Scotland and greater Glasgow and this is never brought up
Surely there must be some Hibby refs from the east that can slip through unnoticed to even things out...

Wouldn't surprise me about Robertson his cringey jokey moment with Forrest was dreadful. Only saw second half the number of very soft fouls he gave them was ridiculous.

SRHibs
21-10-2018, 08:30 AM
He did say they’d done brilliantly for us. Great manager who knows the right thing to say every single time.

“Brilliant rejects”? I feel like this might conflict with the second half of your sentence. I agree with his sentiment but it was definitely the wrong choice of words.

bingo70
21-10-2018, 08:35 AM
Nothing wrong with the wording as it was perfectly clear what he meant. The players aren’t daft and I’m sure they all know just how much Lennon thinks of them.

Nearly all of our players were picked up after being rejected by their previous clubs, if anything it won’t do them any harm every now and then to remind them of them to act as a motivator.

Smartie
21-10-2018, 08:42 AM
Nothing wrong with the wording as it was perfectly clear what he meant. The players aren’t daft and I’m sure they all know just how much Lennon thinks of them.

Nearly all of our players were picked up after being rejected by their previous clubs, if anything it won’t do them any harm every now and then to remind them of them to act as a motivator.

Yep.

I think there's a bit of reverse psychology about it.

Some players think they've made it when they reach Hibs.

Some don't really want to be lowering themselves to our level but needs must if they're to drag themselves back up again.

Lennon needs to make sure they know he's happy with them and rates them as players, but that unless they give him absolutely everything then they'll be unlikely to play again at a higher level or earn bigger wages.

Ozyhibby
21-10-2018, 08:57 AM

Only one Edinburgh ref has ever reffed a Scottish cup final.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Danderhall Hibs
21-10-2018, 09:15 AM
“Brilliant rejects”? I feel like this might conflict with the second half of your sentence. I agree with his sentiment but it was definitely the wrong choice of words.

He didn’t say “brilliant rejects”

Eyrie
21-10-2018, 09:42 AM
He didn’t say “brilliant rejects”

But Lennon did say this

I've got free transfers and rejects from other clubs who are playing brilliantly for me.

poolman
21-10-2018, 09:46 AM

Probably said in the heat of the moment when emotions were running high

lucky
21-10-2018, 09:46 AM
I’m glad he acknowledged he got it wrong with the formation. The ref wasn’t that bad and Celtic were the better team by a long way. We move on to the PBS and hopefully we play a lot better with the right formation

WeeRussell
21-10-2018, 09:57 AM
I think we all rate and like Lennon.. but this idea that he never gets or says anything wrong just because he’s now a Hibs man is getting a bit silly.

H18 SFR
21-10-2018, 10:01 AM
Only one Edinburgh ref has ever reffed a Scottish cup final.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

George Smith, Calum Murray and Dougie McDonald.

telford hibbee
21-10-2018, 10:56 AM

George Smith from Edinburgh was a very good ref and unbiased.

bingo70
21-10-2018, 11:08 AM
I think we all rate and like Lennon.. but this idea that he never gets or says anything wrong just because he’s now a Hibs man is getting a bit silly.

Is anybody saying that?

Most people seem to be saying he got the formation wrong yesterday?

Smartie
21-10-2018, 11:13 AM
George Smith from Edinburgh was a very good ref and unbiased.

He retired as a refereeing supervisor this week.

http://www.edinburghanddistrictreferees.co.uk/2018/10/18/a-short-tribute-to-mark-the-retirement-of-george-smith/?fbclid=IwAR0c7qlCEAYYe7f-229FJ8DbXIE4KINr18i8j5-XszNLM6eSr4K0ZpUDl8k

WeeRussell
21-10-2018, 11:19 AM
Is anybody saying that?

Most people seem to be saying he got the formation wrong yesterday?

More referring to some of the lines he comes out with and occasionally the way he conducts himself, but I take your point.

I don’t think he’s often wildly out of line but some people have a tendency to spin things and make out like he’s being a mindful genius when he perhaps says or do something he shouldn’t.