B.H.F.C
20-10-2018, 08:41 PM
Assuming our non-long termers are back:

Bogdan

Gray Ambrose Hanlon Stevenson

Milligan Bartley

Boyle Mallan Horgan

Kamberi

If all those players are fit that would pretty much be my team. Only place up for debate would be Horgan’s.

Iggy Pope
20-10-2018, 08:43 PM
If all those players are fit that would pretty much be my team. Only place up for debate would be Horgan’s.

Horgan was our top outfield man today IMO.

B.H.F.C
20-10-2018, 08:51 PM
Horgan was our top outfield man today IMO.

I thought he was dreadful in the first half, particularly at their first goal.

He was out of position so deserves the benefit of the doubt, but I think his levels have dropped from his first few games.

Iggy Pope
20-10-2018, 08:54 PM
I thought he was dreadful in the first half, particularly at their first goal.

He was out of position so deserves the benefit of the doubt, but I think his levels have dropped from his first few games.

Only my opinion. My opinion clearly puts him miles away from dreadful. I never thought any of them were that.

Pete
20-10-2018, 09:03 PM
Not keen on Bartley/Milligan initially but when I remembered how Marv dominates when he plays Hearts, I like it.

That’s a good team but we also have other good options like Whittaker, Shaw, McGregor, Porteous and McLaren that we can mix and match with.

If we can cause Celtic problems we have nothing to fear at Tynecastle.

Inconsequential
20-10-2018, 09:04 PM
Herriot, Brownlie, Schaedler, Stanton, Black, Blackley, Edwards, O'Rourke, Gordon, Cropley, Duncan. I also predict a Hibs win by 7 ghouls to nil. Trick or treat?

B.H.F.C
20-10-2018, 09:11 PM
Only my opinion. My opinion clearly puts him miles away from dreadful. I never thought any of them were that.

We were a threat with the ball. But we were so far off it without it in the first half it was unreal.

He needs to find a consistent position for us IMO.

Iggy Pope
20-10-2018, 09:20 PM
We were a threat with the ball. But we were so far off it without it in the first half it was unreal.

He needs to find a consistent position for us IMO.

Gets an assist as well.

B.H.F.C
20-10-2018, 09:34 PM
Gets an assist as well.

Still think he was poor. He was part of a midfield that just didn’t match runs meaning his assist counted for nothing.

Honestly, I think he’s a good player but I also think his performances have dropped off compared to when he first arrived.

Iggy Pope
20-10-2018, 09:37 PM
Still think he was poor. He was part of a midfield that just didn’t match runs meaning his assist counted for nothing.

Honestly, I think he’s a good player but I also think his performances have dropped off compared to when he first arrived.

OK.

alihibs1
20-10-2018, 09:43 PM
Bogdan

Gray
Ambrose
Hanlon
Stevenson

Milligan
Mallan
Slivka

Boyle

Macca
Flo

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Tornadoes70
20-10-2018, 09:55 PM
Not keen on Bartley/Milligan initially but when I remembered how Marv dominates when he plays Hearts, I like it.

That’s a good team but we also have other good options like Whittaker, Shaw, McGregor, Porteous and McLaren that we can mix and match with.

If we can cause Celtic problems we have nothing to fear at Tynecastle.

Only the sight of Kevin Clancy who apparently awards extremely undeserved penalty kicks for the Yams among other things. Or Willie Collum who sends off opposition Killie players v Yams for merely putting in a tackle.

If we have a strong fair ref in charge willing to rightly penalise Yammish thuggery and there doesn't seem to be many of them around just now then we have nothing to fear.

Mon the Cabbage!!!

:flag:

Franck Stanton
20-10-2018, 11:55 PM
I’d be delighted if that was the team

Me too also.

Cod Boy
21-10-2018, 01:06 AM
Bartley days must be numbered I’m afraid. Not been quoted much since the split last season

BILLYHIBS
21-10-2018, 07:06 AM
Lenny needs to get his team selection and formation spot on first time from the kick off.

No second chances.

I am sure he has learned his lesson by now.

Hibby Kay-Yay
21-10-2018, 07:28 AM
Milligan needs to be in the DM role.

Bogdan

Gray Efe Porteous Stevenson

Milligan
Slivka Mallan
Hyndman

Boyle
Flo

Or if Gray is not fit then:

Bogdan

Efe Porteous McGregor

Slivka Hyndman Milligan Mallan Stevenson

Boyle Flo

K.Marx
21-10-2018, 07:43 AM
Last time round at tynecastle I wanted us to play our best footballing side and was happy that Lennon set us up the way he did. After that went tits up with another insipid performance I’m favouring going with the 4-2-3-1 mentioned earlier with Milligan and Bartley holding and having a war in the middle in the park.

I’m sick of our pish record at tynecastle and we need to string together a couple of wins there to try and lift that mental block. I get optimism from having Stevie Mallan in the side and knowing anywhere within 30 yards is a potential goal scoring opportunity. 1-2 Hibs (please).

Pretty Boy
21-10-2018, 07:48 AM
Much depends on the situation with Gray, Hanlon, Apeoyang and Mavrias but assuming none are ready I'd go:

Bogdan

Whittaker
Ambrose
Porteous
Stevenson

Milligan
Mallan
Hyndman

Boyle
Kamberi
Horgan

If Hanlon and Gray are fit I'd bring them in ahead of Whittaker and Porteous.

Alternatively 442 with:

Bogdan

Whittaker
Porteous
Ambrose
Stevenson

Boyle
Milligan
Mallan
Horgan

MacLaren
Kamberi

Not sure there's enough in that midfield though so I'd be more tempted to go with the 5 and have 2 wide men and Hyndman getting up to support Flo.

Since90+2
21-10-2018, 07:49 AM
Milligan needs to be in the DM role.

Bogdan

Gray Efe Porteous Stevenson

Milligan
Slivka Mallan
Hyndman

Boyle
Flo

Or if Gray is not fit then:

Bogdan

Efe Porteous McGregor

Slivka Hyndman Milligan Mallan Stevenson

Boyle Flo

Slivka is not a wingback. He his nowhere near mobile enough to play that position.

Blaster
21-10-2018, 08:02 AM
We cannot start Hyndman in this game. Need to win the battle first. Bring him on later when the game opens up a bit

EH54
21-10-2018, 08:10 AM
Bogdan(best goalie I've ever seen at hibs).

Gray
Ambrose
Mcgregor/Hanlon/Porteous
Stevenson

Milligan
Bartley
Mallan

Horgan

Boyle
Kamberi

Aye same as OP.

eastcoasthibby
21-10-2018, 08:36 AM
Our midfield needs to be able to put in challenges and match midfield runners cos thats what ****bo's have in their team this season ...with our normal midfield set up I cant see them coping with that ..hyndman, mallan & horgan, non tacklers and not run matchers ! We need to go with flo and JMac up front even if he lasts 60 minutes we need him to start getting game time and his sharpness built up. Depends on who is actually fit enough to play ie Gray, Hanlon in particular, will make a big difference as to how we shape up in defence and midfield but for me we need 5 natural defenders on the at pitch at least ...knowing.our full backs or wingbacks can support and give the ammo at the top end of the park ...I hope NL gets the selection right for this big big game ...we need 3 points

Sioux
21-10-2018, 09:25 AM
No point whatsoever matching hertz up in midfield. That would just encourage a kicking match, which they'd win, and us not having any controlled possession.

We are built to play football.

By all means get in about them, but let them worry about stopping us.

Having said that, this is not a game for Slivka.

Smartie
21-10-2018, 09:34 AM
As good as he was in September, I thought Ambrose was dreadful yesterday. He's been dreadful in the past at Tynecastle and I'm not convinced he has the concentration span for a big derby performance there.

Crazy to say after he was as good as he was for a month there, but there's no way he's a first pick CH for me for this game - all of the others are ahead of him.

Bogdan

Gray
McGregor
Porteous
Stevenson

Bartley
Milligan

Boyle
Mallan
Horgan

Kamberi

RoscoHibby
21-10-2018, 09:38 AM
Size of that tiny park id have them playing 5 a sides until the derby..id like to see 4-2-3-1 with milligan and bartley in there, beat them at their own game 1st then let our pace n quality up top hurt them. Gotta win the battle 1st.

DTS
21-10-2018, 09:40 AM
My team if it’s the same available as yesterday. 4-4-2 diamond

Bogdan

Whittaker
Efe
Porteous
Stevenson

Milligan
Mallan
Slivka
Hyndman

Boyle
Kamberi

If everyone’s fit 3-5-2

Bogdan

Efe
Porteous
Hanlon

Boyle
Mallan
Milligan
Slivka
Stevenson

MacLaren
Kamberi

Could see gray at wing back and Boyle up top

IGRIGI
21-10-2018, 09:42 AM
I think we need to play two up front to cause them problems, all too often we start to panic at Tynecastle and hoof balls up to a lone striker and for the back line of Hearts it's kindergarten work.

where'stheslope
21-10-2018, 04:35 PM
I think we need to play two up front to cause them problems, all too often we start to panic at Tynecastle and hoof balls up to a lone striker and for the back line of Hearts it's kindergarten work.

What back line, they're all in ward 10 in the ERI!!!

Got to go at them with pace, and shoot on sight and on target!!!!

BOB MARLEYS DUG
21-10-2018, 05:10 PM
Bogdan

Gray
Ambrose
Hanlon
Stevenson

Bartman
Milligan

Boyle
Mallan
Horgan

Kamberi

Springbank
22-10-2018, 01:19 PM
Bogdan

Gray
Ambrose
Hanlon
Stevenson

Bartman
Milligan

Boyle
Mallan
Horgan

Kamberi

They are terrified of Big Marv and Boyler

They have to play, and Milligan has to be in the defensive mid role alongside Marv

Like the look of this, with Hyndman and Maclaren and Agyepong as options off the bench

The 90+2
22-10-2018, 01:44 PM
When did Gray get injured and how long is he expected to be out?

sauzee=legend
22-10-2018, 02:40 PM
Whatever 11 starts the tactic has got to be....
Keep the ball on the grass, run at them and take them on - they can’t handle that.
We do it all the time against them at Easter road and it works, however at the bus shelter it’s long ball stuff.

YanYansen
22-10-2018, 04:06 PM
Whatever happens, three points is now mandatory - not even a point will do. We are currently five points behind them, and they have what looks a banker v Dundee in between - so we could well be looking at going to Tynie 8 points behind.

In that scenario, losing is pretty much unthinkable - 11 points behind at the end of October would be a joke, game in hand or not. For me, even a draw is just not gonna cut it.

We simply must go there and win the game, no excuses. The whole back six, from Bogdan through to Milligan, must concentrate from whistle to whistle. That for me is the key, because I'll be amazed if we don't score - clean sheet and we win the game, imo. We also really should be starting Flo and Jamie - they are without the two foundation stones of their defence, we'd be mad not to set up to exploit that.

Win it we must, at all costs.

Smartie
22-10-2018, 04:19 PM
Whatever happens, three points is now mandatory - not even a point will do. We are currently five points behind them, and they have what looks a banker v Dundee in between - so we could well be looking at going to Tynie 8 points behind.

In that scenario, losing is pretty much unthinkable - 11 points behind at the end of October would be a joke, game in hand or not. For me, even a draw is just not gonna cut it.

We simply must go there and win the game, no excuses. The whole back six, from Bogdan through to Milligan, must concentrate from whistle to whistle. That for me is the key, because I'll be amazed if we don't score - clean sheet and we win the game, imo. We also really should be starting Flo and Jamie - they are without the two foundation stones of their defence, we'd be mad not to set up to exploit that.

This is crazy talk so early in the season.

They got their transfer business done early and hit the ground running. We had to contend with a European campaign and having to rebuild our midfield whilst playing our first round of league games.

A draw on Wednesday and being within 5 points of them is perfectly acceptable. We're improving and I'd be confident of catching them by the end of the season. Yes, 11 points is a big number that would be difficult to overcome, but not impossible. We win the return fixture and it all looks a bit different, especially considering the big players they will be without over the next few months.

A draw is a decent result, a win would be magnificent, a loss would be very disappointing but at this stage in the season not disastrous.

Hibee Mac
22-10-2018, 04:56 PM
We should play a diamond, tiny pitch and midfield battle must be won first and foremost.

Diamond will allow us to have numbers in midfield and 2 up top to trouble them.

MWHIBBIES
22-10-2018, 04:59 PM

It isn't unthinkable, it could well happen and life will go on.

HIBERNIAN-0762
22-10-2018, 05:20 PM
The small pitch will suit them but I'm more worried about a weak ref giving them everything and not clamping down on their thuggery also them diving in the box and getting non existent penalties is a worry for me

B.H.F.C
22-10-2018, 05:27 PM

They got their transfer business done early and hit the ground running. We had to contend with a European campaign and having to rebuild our midfield whilst playing our first round of league games.

A draw on Wednesday and being within 5 points of them is perfectly acceptable. We're improving and I'd be confident of catching them by the end of the season. Yes, 11 points is a big number that would be difficult to overcome, but not impossible. We win the return fixture and it all looks a bit different, especially considering the big players they will be without over the next few months.

A draw is a decent result, a win would be magnificent, a loss would be very disappointing but at this stage in the season not disastrous.

Given the stage of the season I’d probably agree it is more must not lose than must win.

However, any defeat to them should always be considered disastrous.

YanYansen
22-10-2018, 05:29 PM

Fair enough, but I disagree.

How long is it still "early in the season"? We are very nearly a quarter of the way in.

11 points would be a chasm. If we get beat, the lift that it will give them and the downer it will give us should not be underestimated. We would start becoming part of the positions 4-7 pack, not the 1-3 challengers.

And they comfortably took care of Aberdeen without all those big players. I just think it's long past time we asserted ourselves there in general, and right now more necessary than ever.

B.H.F.C
22-10-2018, 05:29 PM
The small pitch will suit them but I'm more worried about a weak ref giving them everything and not clamping down on their thuggery also them diving in the box and getting non existent penalties is a worry for me

No point in worrying about that because we can’t control it.

We need to worry about how we perform. We need to turn up next week, which is something we haven’t really done at Tynecastle under Lennon IMO.

Smartie
22-10-2018, 05:44 PM

How long is it still "early in the season"? We are very nearly a quarter of the way in.

11 points would be a chasm. If we get beat, the lift that it will give them and the downer it will give us should not be underestimated. We would start becoming part of the positions 4-7 pack, not the 1-3 challengers.

And they comfortably took care of Aberdeen without all those big players. I just think it's long past time we asserted ourselves there in general, and right now more necessary than ever.

11 points is a chasm and I'd be concerned about that. And as has been pointed out above, any derby defeat is a bad result.

The disagreement is over whether an away draw (to top of the league in a derby at a place where our record is awful) is a bad result and whether this is a must win game.

I don't think you get must-win games in October. What happens if you lose the must-win game? Where do you go from there?

We could win 5 or 6 on the bounce and cut a gap quickly. I expect to beat them every time we play them at home, and we still have 2 home games against them to come. Lots of points right there. We've got the toughest game out of the way - Celtc away.

As long as we have lots of games and lots of time I wouldn't come out with rash statements that put you in a difficult position if you lose.

That defeat at Tynecastle last season - too late in the season, couldn't atone for it bad result in a must-win game?

This one? Still plenty of football to be played, we're still likely to pick up a lot of points in November before our next flurry of big games.

neil7908
22-10-2018, 07:43 PM
A lot will depend on injuries and match fitness of the players missing out vs Celtic but one thing we can't do is leave Kamberi isolated up front.

Derby at the end of last season at PBS he was all on his own and every ball that went up came straight back at us.

As much as I love big Marv if we play him and Milligan that's setting us up very negatively and would mean one less player going forward.

calumhibee1
23-10-2018, 06:43 AM
Narrow diamond in midfield for me. No point trying to play with width, there’s absolutely no room on that pitch for it.

Bogdan

Gray
Efe
Hanlon
Stevenson

Milligan
Mallan
Slivka
Horgan

Flo
Boyle

The Modfather
23-10-2018, 07:09 AM
If we want to improve on last seasons finish we need to start picking up more points at Tynecastle than we usually do and more than we did last season. What we do at Tynecastle could be the difference in finishing second or third.

Lennon knows his stuff but I was really disappointed in our performances at Tynecastle last season. They were very reminiscent of our usual trips there over the years. I also felt Lennon made the same mistake in all 3 away games last season and didn’t sacrifice our usual width for a bit of pragmatism in flooding the middle of the park and winning the midfield battle, and a battle it is against those hammer throwers.

I just don’t want to come away with the same groundhog moans, poor game, kicked/fouled off the park, created little and lose to a scrappy poor goal.

MacGruber
23-10-2018, 07:23 AM

I dont think Hearts will win tonight

neil7908
23-10-2018, 09:05 AM
I dont think Hearts will win tonight

Dundee are shocking, hate to say it but Hearts will stick a few past them.

calumhibee1
23-10-2018, 09:12 AM
Dundee are shocking, hate to say it but Hearts will stick a few past them.

Yup. All the signs are that Hearts are a decent side. Everyone’s entitled to their opinion but I reckon folk who are telling us Hearts will fall away or whatever are just hoping if they say it often enough it’ll happen. 2-0 Hearts tonight.

MacGruber
23-10-2018, 09:19 AM
Yup. All the signs are that Hearts are a decent side. Everyone’s entitled to their opinion but I reckon folk who are telling us Hearts will fall away or whatever are just hoping if they say it often enough it’ll happen. 2-0 Hearts tonight.

I think Hearts are very strong this season and will be up challenging. I dont think they will fall away at all.
I just don't think they will win tonight

MacGruber
23-10-2018, 09:22 AM
I think Hearts are very strong this season and will be up challenging. I dont think they will fall away at all.
I just don't think they will win tonight

Would extend my prediction that they won't win tonight, will lose to Celtic on Sunday but will win the derby.

Hope to be wrong on the last one but thats what i see in the tea leafs

Smartie
23-10-2018, 09:36 AM
Yes, Craig Levein leading top of the league Hearts side to Dens Park in search of glorious victory.

What could possibly go wrong?

EH54
23-10-2018, 09:46 AM
Hearts will win tonight. They grind results out. Absoloute pile of rubbish but so is most of the crap we face. They get the job done.

green day
23-10-2018, 09:48 AM
Hearts will win easily at Dens. Dundee are awful and Hearts are a decent side.

Ladbrokes has hearts -2 at 9/2, decent bet.

MacGruber
23-10-2018, 09:51 AM
Hearts will win easily at Dens. Dundee are awful and Hearts are a decent side.

Ladbrokes has hearts -2 at 9/2, decent bet.

Dundee are 5/1 - will have a bit of that, though think a draw more likely

makaveli1875
23-10-2018, 10:11 AM
Bogdan

Gray
Porteous
Efe
Stevenson

Bartley

Boyle
Mallan
Milligan
Horgan

kamberi

CockneyRebel
23-10-2018, 11:06 AM

This has been our greatest problem in quite a few matches especially against them. I'm pretty much convinced that a strong ref, calling fouls and yellow cards early on, would swing these matches our way.

danhibees1875
23-10-2018, 11:10 AM
Narrow diamond in midfield for me. No point trying to play with width, there’s absolutely no room on that pitch for it.

Bogdan

Gray
Efe
Hanlon
Stevenson

Milligan
Mallan
Slivka
Horgan

Flo
Boyle

:agree:

Porty for PH if he isn't fit.

Is Agyepong likely to be back? Him and JMac to come off the bench when we need fresh legs. Maybe Bartley for Milligan too towards the end.

MWHIBBIES
23-10-2018, 11:10 AM
This has been our greatest problem in quite a few matches especially against them. I'm pretty much convinced that a strong ref, calling fouls and yellow cards early on, would swing these matches our way.

In convinced if we turned up and played like we do Vs the other 10 teams we'd be fine. We're great Vs them at home, dreadful away. We rarely even score there.

23-10-2018, 11:15 AM

Porty for PH if he isn't fit.

Is Agyepong likely to be back? Him and JMac to come off the bench when we need fresh legs. Maybe Bartley for Milligan too towards the end.

Would love to see Maclaren start alongside Kamberi but I think you are right that he'll come off the bench.

The_Horde
23-10-2018, 11:51 AM
Bogdan

Efe Porto Hanlon

Gray Mallan Milligan Stevenson

Horgan

Boyle Kamberi

YanYansen
23-10-2018, 03:03 PM
11 points is a chasm and I'd be concerned about that. And as has been pointed out above, any derby defeat is a bad result.

The disagreement is over whether an away draw (to top of the league in a derby at a place where our record is awful) is a bad result and whether this is a must win game.

I don't think you get must-win games in October. What happens if you lose the must-win game? Where do you go from there?

We could win 5 or 6 on the bounce and cut a gap quickly. I expect to beat them every time we play them at home, and we still have 2 home games against them to come. Lots of points right there. We've got the toughest game out of the way - Celtc away.

As long as we have lots of games and lots of time I wouldn't come out with rash statements that put you in a difficult position if you lose.

That defeat at Tynecastle last season - too late in the season, couldn't atone for it bad result in a must-win game?

This one? Still plenty of football to be played, we're still likely to pick up a lot of points in November before our next flurry of big games.

Fair dos man, i do see your points like. I guess I'm just absolutely desperate to see us win there - was the last time the Ross Caldwell game? That's certainly the last one I was at.

Perhaps the bigger derby will be the new year one at ER - after an intense run of fixtures, we will really see how things are shaping up by then.

Diclonius
23-10-2018, 03:08 PM
Fair dos man, i do see your points like. I guess I'm just absolutely desperate to see us win there - was the last time the Ross Caldwell game? That's certainly the last one I was at.

Perhaps the bigger derby will be the new year one at ER - after an intense run of fixtures, we will really see how things are shaping up by then.

Yup. Nine games later, we still haven't won.

YanYansen
23-10-2018, 03:15 PM
Yup. Nine games later, we still haven't won.

That was May 2013, FFS!!! Over five years ago. And before that i think it would've been Riordan's winner in, what, 2009? Our record there is nothing short of abysmal, and it's still the one thing missing in our post-2016 resurgence, imo.

yerauldda
23-10-2018, 03:21 PM
Bogdan
Gray Ambrose Porteous Stevenson
Slivka Milligan MallanBoyle Kamberi Horgan

Ozyhibby
23-10-2018, 03:59 PM
I’d play McLaren. He was badly missed in the last derby and Flo finds a lot more space when McLaren is playing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alex Trager
23-10-2018, 04:00 PM
A distinct lack of JMc in these teams imo.
We need two up top.

Bogdan

Gray Efe Hanlon Stevenson

Milligan

Boyle Horgan/Slivka

Mallan

Flo JMc

Zazu62
23-10-2018, 04:59 PM
Mclaren has to start if fit, that’s why we got him back

Smartie
23-10-2018, 05:11 PM
I’d play McLaren. He was badly missed in the last derby and Flo finds a lot more space when McLaren is playing.

He was starting to look very lively before he picked up his injury.

Players with pace and movement like his would seriously unsettle their defence.

But how do we balance that with dominating midfield?

DavidDavidGray
23-10-2018, 06:31 PM
Bogdan

Gray
Efe
Porto
Stevenson

Boyle
Mallan
Milligan
Horgan

Maclaren
Kamberi

500miles
23-10-2018, 07:04 PM
He was starting to look very lively before he picked up his injury.

Players with pace and movement like his would seriously unsettle their defence.

But how do we balance that with dominating midfield?

Could have Kamberi sitting deeper as the second striker getting right up in Harings face. Hit the wings hard and pin back the wide players.

Mr_F
23-10-2018, 07:20 PM
Bogdan

Gray
Ambrose
Hanlon
Stevenson

Boyle
Bartley
Milligan
Horgan

McLaren
Kamberi

YanYansen
23-10-2018, 08:10 PM
11 points is a chasm and I'd be concerned about that.

That's what's in play now. Lose, and we are not catching them, imo.

Northernhibee
23-10-2018, 08:15 PM
Bogdan

Gray/Mavrios
Porteous
Efe
Lewis

Milligan

Slivka
Mallan
Horgan

Boyle
Kamberi

CMurdoch
23-10-2018, 08:17 PM
Bogdan

Ambrose Porteous Hanlon

Bartley Milligan

Boyle Slivka Horgan Mallan

Kamberi

7 tall and strong outfield players to win the midfield, corner and other set play battles.
1 grafting and dangerous speedster (Boyle)
1 quick counter attacker and out ball (Horgan)
1 free kick and shooting specialist

Look to bring on subs to win the match in the last half hour: McLaren, Shaw, Hyndmann

Steve20
23-10-2018, 08:21 PM
That's what's in play now. Lose, and we are not catching them, imo.

Lose or draw and we won’t catch them. Winning at Tynecastle is a must.

Unfortunately, they look like the team that could challenge Celtic if anyone just now.

SirDavidsNapper
24-10-2018, 05:34 AM

Unfortunately, they look like the team that could challenge Celtic if anyone just now.

It's not even Halloween yet

Since90+2
24-10-2018, 05:48 AM

Draw and we are 8 points behind with two games in hand. Not sure you can say this early in the season that gap is insurmountable.

B.H.F.C
24-10-2018, 05:53 AM
Draw and we are 8 points behind with two games in hand. Not sure you can say this early in the season that gap is insurmountable.

One game in hand against The Rangers.

Ozyhibby
24-10-2018, 06:05 AM
Bogdan

Gray
Efe
Porto
Stevenson

Boyle
Mallan
Milligan
Horgan

Maclaren
Kamberi

That would be my team.

southern hibby
24-10-2018, 06:24 AM
I predict we will beat hearts at least 3 times this season and other game will be at least a draw, if we get our tactics and formation correct. Only reason I’m saying this is because they’re trying to play football from the highlights I’ve watched and are nowhere good enough to match us.

GGTTH

Danderhall Hibs
24-10-2018, 06:46 AM

Rapid few posts from you in the last few days Steve. Any reason your activity on here has increased?

broondog
24-10-2018, 09:07 AM

Bogdan

Milligan Bartley

Boyle Mallan Horgan

Kamberi

Agree with that and would be very happy if that is the team that starts. Very strong team that should be enough to beat a vastly overrated Hearts.

SirDavidsNapper
24-10-2018, 09:09 AM

Bogdan

Milligan Bartley

Boyle Mallan Horgan

Kamberi

Looks very good. Have Milligan and Marv played together yet?

SirDavidsNapper
24-10-2018, 09:12 AM
Hearts will be all over Mallan like a rash trying to stop him getting sight of goal anywhere around 25 yards out. Hopefully that creates some space for others on that primary school park.

danhibees1875
24-10-2018, 09:24 AM
It's not even Halloween yet

A draw isn't the end of anything. Heck, neither is a loss - as rubbish as it would be.

I don't agree that Hearts are rubbish and will definitely fall apart - they're great start will be complemented with some efficiency and they'll be up in the race for Europe come the end - but I wouldn't write off an 11 point gap before November, we'd still be capable of producing a good run of form and end up challenging for the same spots as them.

scotiaf
24-10-2018, 09:43 AM
That's a team with no width and would be murder ( imho)

Bogdan

Ambrose Porteous Hanlon

Bartley Milligan

Boyle Slivka Horgan Mallan

Kamberi
7 tall and strong outfield players to win the midfield, corner and other set play battles.
1 grafting and dangerous speedster (Boyle)
1 quick counter attacker and out ball (Horgan)
1 free kick and shooting specialist

Look to bring on subs to win the match in the last half hour: McLaren, Shaw, Hyndmann

Brightside
24-10-2018, 09:47 AM
Can’t see us playing 2 holding midfielders in the game.

I'm Spartacus
24-10-2018, 02:24 PM
We need to win this (obviously) 25 points mean **** all if you can't beat your rivals.

danhibees1875
24-10-2018, 02:29 PM
We need to win this (obviously) 25 points mean **** all if you can't beat your rivals.

I'd take 25 points and a defeat in the derby if they're wanting to do a swap. :greengrin

Smartie
24-10-2018, 02:45 PM
Can’t see us playing 2 holding midfielders in the game.

If we play Ambrose and Hanlon at CH we'd have 2 fairly adventurous centre halves who offer us a lot in an attacking sense from deep.

It might be good to have two big battlers in midfield who know to drop when necessary and give all our defenders a license to bomb forward?

I'm Spartacus
24-10-2018, 02:47 PM
I'd take 25 points and a defeat in the derby if they're wanting to do a swap. :greengrin

Haha not sure I would at this stage, happy with how we're knocking it about, I'm confident we'll get there over the season.

danhibees1875
24-10-2018, 03:11 PM
Haha not sure I would at thins stage, happy with how we're knocking it about, I'm confident we'll get there over the season.

I agree we're doing well enough - but that offer is just a free 5 points which I'd take in that hypothetical situation.

Hibs90
24-10-2018, 03:28 PM
Bogdan

Efe
Porteous
Hanlon

Gray
Stevenson

Milligan
Bartley
Mallan

Boyle
Kamberi

The_Horde
25-10-2018, 10:42 AM
Interesting that very few people have Hyndman in their teams. Do people think he becomes Emerson Hydeman when it comes to the rough and tumble?

Smartie
25-10-2018, 10:52 AM
Interesting that very few people have Hyndman in their teams. Do people think he becomes Emerson Hydeman when it comes to the rough and tumble?

We've not had many players who have done better in derbies in recent years than Dylan McGeouch - and he was never our most physical player.

Maybe we need that wee bit of class to rise above the rough and tumble?

It is tough because we have a lot of useful players, and we can't play them all.

If there is to be any football played we'll need to find our quick wingers with passes, find Kamberi's feet to hold the ball up and also get runners from midfield to support him.

This game might be ideal for Hyndman.

wookie70
25-10-2018, 11:17 AM

I think it is important to have one player in there that can drop a shoulder and find space. Not sure I would have Horgan, Mallan and Hyndman as that is way too lightweight and on a small pitch their skills are easier to defuse.
Hyndman has scored against Hearts albeit in a 4-1 defeat and also played two Glasgow Derbies, a 1-1 and a 5-1 humping. He was subbed after an hour in both the humpings. Looking at his show reel he looked very comfortable against Scott Brown etc so no fears he could play against Hearts with the ball. Hearts batter the ball forward and play off the second ball. It works so well as they have so much grit in the middle of the park and if we play our usual game our style could be just what they want to play against. To me we need to get as much grit in the middle of the park as we can and then see what happens. Use the flair players from the bench if we need to.
No idea what Lennon will do as he has approached this fixture very differently and he loves pulling surprises for big games. This game is huge as an 11 point gap against a team that doesn't lose at home very often will take some catching. It wouldn't surprise me if Lennon goes all out attack and plays all flair players. It would be brave and who knows might just work but I would start cagey and take it from there.

The 90+2
25-10-2018, 11:28 AM
Bogdan

Hanlon Porteous Effe

Stevenson Gray

Milligan

Slivka Mallan

Boyle Flo

GreenNWhiteArmy
25-10-2018, 11:35 AM
We lost it last year imo because Lennon tried to set us up to not lose. Treat it like any big game and play your usual team/formation. With the players we've got, we should have them on the back foot more than they have been used to this season..

Bogdan

Gray
Efe
Hanlon
Lewy

Boyle
Milligan
Mallan
Hyndman

Flo
McLaren

or

Bogdan

Boyle
Efe
Porteous
Hanlon
Lewy

Milligan
Mallan
Slivka

Flo
McLaren

Tyler Durden
25-10-2018, 12:01 PM

Seems to me that there is a space for either Hyndman or Horgan - not both.

I’d pick Horgan every time in a derby. Hopefully playing at tip of a diamond.

Smartie
25-10-2018, 12:30 PM
Seems to me that there is a space for either Hyndman or Horgan - not both.

I’d pick Horgan every time in a derby. Hopefully playing at tip of a diamond.

The ability to draw a foul will be handy - and we have a few players who can do that, including Horgan and Hyndman.

The_Horde
25-10-2018, 01:04 PM
We lost it last year imo because Lennon tried to set us up to not lose. Treat it like any big game and play your usual team/formation. With the players we've got, we should have them on the back foot more than they have been used to this season..

Bogdan

Gray
Efe
Hanlon
Lewy

Boyle
Milligan
Mallan
Hyndman

Flo
McLaren

or

Bogdan

Boyle
Efe
Porteous
Hanlon
Lewy

Milligan
Mallan
Slivka

Flo
McLaren

I don't think he did. He made the team just as attacking if not more.

We had Barker, Boyle, Kamberi, Allan & Mcginn all playing.

G B Young
25-10-2018, 02:03 PM

I can't see Lennon going for anything other than a win. Nevertheless a draw would be fine. In fact I'd take a draw now - as I would ahead of pretty much any derby at Tynecastle. The vast majority of yams would say the same about going to ER (even if a lot would pretend otherwise). A draw would keep the gap at eight points (far from insurmountable, especially with a game in hand) and irritate the hell out of those yams who will be predicting they'll hammer us.

where'stheslope
25-10-2018, 08:09 PM
I think it is important to have one player in there that can drop a shoulder and find space. Not sure I would have Horgan, Mallan and Hyndman as that is way too lightweight and on a small pitch their skills are easier to defuse.
Hyndman has scored against Hearts albeit in a 4-1 defeat and also played two Glasgow Derbies, a 1-1 and a 5-1 humping. He was subbed after an hour in both the humpings. Looking at his show reel he looked very comfortable against Scott Brown etc so no fears he could play against Hearts with the ball. Hearts batter the ball forward and play off the second ball. It works so well as they have so much grit in the middle of the park and if we play our usual game our style could be just what they want to play against. To me we need to get as much grit in the middle of the park as we can and then see what happens. Use the flair players from the bench if we need to.
No idea what Lennon will do as he has approached this fixture very differently and he loves pulling surprises for big games. This game is huge as an 11 point gap against a team that doesn't lose at home very often will take some catching. It wouldn't surprise me if Lennon goes all out attack and plays all flair players. It would be brave and who knows might just work but I would start cagey and take it from there.
Think your stuck on last season's Yams, against Aberdeen they had Naismith and Maclean up front not target men they usually have!
They have a bit more football in midfield than previous years, so we need to be patient and not go gung ho, the long slow build up may be the way to go.
Pulling them out of position and then getting in behind!!!

theonlywayisup
29-10-2018, 06:56 PM
What's your thoughts on Bartley and Milligan both playing in midfield. Last week, I thought that would be a good option. However, I don't think Lennon will want to set up our team negatively.

Think I would go with:

Bogdan

Efe
Porteous
Hanlon

Gray
Stevenson

Hyndman
Milligan
Mallan

Boyle
Kamberi

HibeeDaz6270
29-10-2018, 07:12 PM
What's your thoughts on Bartley and Milligan both playing in midfield. Last week, I thought that would be a good option. However, I don't think Lennon will want to set up our team negatively.

Think I would go with:

Bogdan

Efe
Porteous
Hanlon

Gray
Stevenson

Hyndman
Milligan
Mallan

Boyle
Kamberi

Slivka in for Hyndman and that would be what i would go with.

King Cosell
29-10-2018, 07:29 PM
4-2-3-1 formation with Milligan & Bartley in front of, or as close as possible to, the back 4 that kept 4 consecutive clean sheets before Celtic game. Bruising battle, Hearts 0 Hibs 1.

Winston Ingram
29-10-2018, 07:33 PM
As long as it is not a back 3, i’m no too fussed. Our defending is an abomination in a back 3.

Bogdan
Gray
Porteous
Hanlon
Stevenson

Bartley
Milligan
Mallan

Boyle
Kamberi
Horgan

MyJo
29-10-2018, 07:48 PM
____________Bogdan
Gray___Ambrose___Hanlon___Stevenson
___________Milligan
Boyle_______Mallan_______Horgan
______Kamberi____MacLaren

Ozyhibby
29-10-2018, 07:52 PM
Hearts will be all over Mallan like a rash trying to stop him getting sight of goal anywhere around 25 yards out. Hopefully that creates some space for others on that primary school park.

Hope they foul him in the process then.[emoji23]

Blaster
29-10-2018, 07:53 PM
4-2-3-1 formation with Milligan & Bartley in front of, or as close as possible to, the back 4 that kept 4 consecutive clean sheets before Celtic game. Bruising battle, Hearts 0 Hibs 1.

I would do that too with Boyle, Mallan & Horgan being the attacking 3

Tornadoes70
29-10-2018, 07:55 PM

Agree with the team formation. It will be a battle and the combination of Milligan and Bartley in front of our defence would do much to combat their usual industrial football threat. I would happily take Hearts 0 Hibs 1, however, I think it will be Hearts 0 Hibs 2.

Mon the Cabbage!!!

:flag:

Ozyhibby
29-10-2018, 08:03 PM
When did Bartley last play? Why do folk think Lennon will bring him in from the cold for this one when he has never played two holding mids before? He hasn’t started a game since the first game of the season on 5th August but start him in a derby at Tynecastle? It doesn’t make any sense.
I’m confident Bartley will not play unless Milligan is injured.

YanYansen
29-10-2018, 08:11 PM
____________Bogdan
Gray___Ambrose___Hanlon___Stevenson
___________Milligan
Boyle_______Mallan_______Horgan
______Kamberi____MacLaren

I'd go with this. First goal is crucial, we should be going out there to get it. Horgan's ability to come inside I think will be key on that pitch. Porteous for Hanlon if he's unavailable.

Quite excited now...

Blaster
29-10-2018, 08:12 PM
When did Bartley last play? Why do folk think Lennon will bring him in from the cold for this one when he has never played two holding mids before? He hasn’t started a game since the first game of the season on 5th August but start him in a derby at Tynecastle? It doesn’t make any sense.

I just think the Mallan and Horgan are not the best tacklers, and Hyndman comes into that bracket too. You could argue Slivka instead of Bartley which would be ok too. I just think Bartley just gets the derby game and experience of it could be crucial.

I also think Milligan has more football about him than just being a holding midfielder

Ozyhibby
29-10-2018, 08:16 PM
I just think the Mallan and Horgan are not the best tacklers, and Hyndman comes into that bracket too. You could argue Slivka instead of Bartley which would be ok too. I just think Bartley just gets the derby game and experience of it could be crucial.

I also think Milligan has more football about him than just being a holding midfielder

Milligan having more football about him is why he will play and Bartley won’t.
One holding mid is enough. Let them worry about us.

Blaster
29-10-2018, 08:19 PM
Milligan having more football about him is why he will play and Bartley won’t.
One holding mid is enough. Let them worry about us.

Our record at tynecastle indicates a different approach is needed

We never win the battle to allow our attacking players to play. Opinions I guess.

Smartie
29-10-2018, 08:21 PM

Bartley hasn't played for a while but he's been fit.

If you don't play him in this one then there's no point in him being at the club. He's dominated this fixture during his time at the club and our record when he's on the park is superb.

Hearts direct style where they win second balls would be nowhere near as effective with Bartley patrolling his area of the pitch.

The problem is working out who to leave out for him.

B.H.F.C
29-10-2018, 08:25 PM
Our record at tynecastle indicates a different approach is needed

We never win the battle to allow our attacking players to play. Opinions I guess.

After Parkhead I was of the opinion Bartley and Milligan in front of the back four would be a good idea. I’m not so sure now.

There is an argument that at Tynecastle we have been too focussed on the battle in quite a few games recently. So much so that we’ve totally forgotten about the football.

EH54
29-10-2018, 08:34 PM
For me we should have 6 defenders, and 4 attackers. Bartley and Milligan infront of the back 4 would make us solid surely..and let the 'mavericks' get on with their Job. It's a derby so bound to get fouls around the box, Stevie Mallan could be the key here, if they do back off they give us the chance to shoot. Win win for us..

Blaster
29-10-2018, 08:35 PM
After Parkhead I was of the opinion Bartley and Milligan in front of the back four would be a good idea. I’m not so sure now.

There is an argument that at Tynecastle we have been too focussed on the battle in quite a few games recently. So much so that we’ve totally forgotten about the football.

I don’t see it as a negative though. For me it allows Mallan to be further up the park without worrying too much on the defensive side. Similar for Horgan who has been caught out on a few occasions too. But is so comfortable on the ball which could help us play the football we both want to see

EH54
29-10-2018, 08:37 PM
I don’t see it as a negative though. For me it allows Mallan to be further up the park without worrying too much on the defensive side. Similar for Horgan who has been caught out on a few occasions too. But is so comfortable on the ball which could help us play the football we both want to see

Exactly mate.

B.H.F.C
29-10-2018, 08:47 PM

I agree it doesn’t necesarilly need to be a negative and I wouldn’t be totally against it. It does rely on the ball getting to those players quickly though and that isn’t exactly Marv’s strength.

Slivka has done well of late and Lennon likes Hyndman. I’d be surprised if Bartley came in having played so little.

Robbo6-2
29-10-2018, 09:30 PM
Bogdan

Gray Porteous Efe Lewy

Milligan Marv

Boyle Mallan Horgan

Kamberi

Austinho
29-10-2018, 09:38 PM
Don’t think we have to worry too much about the battle - they’ll be fielding a team of players with mostly no derby experience. Hopefully we catch them off guard with the intensity. I wouldn’t play down the psychology of having so many of their best players out with long term injuries either. Expect them to be shirking from a few tackles with the fear of getting injured in the back of their minds.

With the players out, I don’t think they’ll have the skill or guile to break down our defence. Let them have the ball, which they’ll do absolutely nothing with and set up to counter attack them with Boyle and co breaking quickly. It’s the only way we’ll find plenty of room in the attacking 3rd and not faced with a brick wall of defenders.

sahpaton
29-10-2018, 09:54 PM
Can’t believe the number of people calling for Bartley.

Hibeesmad
29-10-2018, 10:25 PM
Bogdan

Porteous
Ambrose
Hanlon

Boyle
Milligan
Mallan
Hyndman
Stevenson

Kamberi
MacLaren

EH54
29-10-2018, 10:42 PM

Why? How many times has Bartley been superb in a Derby? Maybe part of the reason we have had such a good record in recent years, last time we went with barker..wrong type of player for a derby!

Heisenberg
29-10-2018, 11:03 PM
Bogdan

Gray
Ambrose
Hanlon
Stevenson

Milligan
Mallan
Slivka
Hyndman

Kamberi
Boyle

I think that’s the same team that started against Hamilton. Maclaren to come off the bench and score our 7th :greengrin

sahpaton
30-10-2018, 12:21 AM
Why? How many times has Bartley been superb in a Derby? Maybe part of the reason we have had such a good record in recent years, last time we went with barker..wrong type of player for a derby!
He's hardly played this season and Milligan is a far better holding midfielder.

Allant1981
30-10-2018, 07:05 AM

why not? he usually excels in these games, dunno if id personally play him but wouldnt be disappointed if he did

id go with

bogdan
gray(if fit)
ambrose
porteous
stevenson
boyle
milligan
mallan
horgan
maclaren
kamberi

SirDavidsNapper
30-10-2018, 08:05 AM
Bogdan

Gray Porteous Efe Lewy

Milligan Marv

Boyle Mallan Horgan

Kamberi

Leaves us a bit short on the left

GreenNWhiteArmy
30-10-2018, 08:18 AM
It will be a battle but we can't get bogged down in the battle. They always seem to be able to drag us down to their level. Players like SJM imo never stood out at their hovel.

Milligan will be key. He's a hard basturd but can play. Must admit to being impressed by Stevie Mallan's willingness and ability to get stuck right in vs aberdeen in the cup.

Kamberi cannot be isolated but please do not play Martin Boyle up top, Neil. Let him run riot at their bombscare of a left back Mitchell who has looked very suspect defensively.

Nothing to fear, manager and players need to turn up and be brave

Keyser Sauzee
30-10-2018, 08:54 AM
Seen a few posters with Slivka in their team, I like him a lot but he’s never played well against hearts and especially not at Tynie so I would leave him out of this one.

B.H.F.C
30-10-2018, 08:57 AM
It will be a battle but we can't get bogged down in the battle. They always seem to be able to drag us down to their level. Players like SJM imo never stood out at their hovel.

Milligan will be key. He's a hard basturd but can play. Must admit to being impressed by Stevie Mallan's willingness and ability to get stuck right in vs aberdeen in the cup.

Kamberi cannot be isolated but please do not play Martin Boyle up top, Neil. Let him run riot at their bombscare of a left back Mitchell who has looked very suspect defensively.

Nothing to fear, manager and players need to turn up and be brave

If we go with a front two it will be Boyle and Kamberi. Don’t think MacLaren will start with so little game time recently.

Diclonius
30-10-2018, 09:28 AM

:tee hee:

makaveli1875
30-10-2018, 10:45 AM
Bogdan

Gray/Harry - Gray if fit
Efe
Porteous
Stevenson

Boyle
Mallan
Milligan
Hyndman/Slivka - Cant decide between these 2 but could see Hyndman doing the Ryan Christie style job running at their defence
Horgan

Kamberi

hfc rd
30-10-2018, 01:20 PM
Bogdan

Gray (if fit, if not then Mavrias)
Ambrose
Hanlon
Stevenson

Bartley
Milligan

Boyle
Mallan
Horgan

Kamberi

EH54
30-10-2018, 01:22 PM
He's hardly played this season and Milligan is a far better holding midfielder.

I'm not saying Milligan isn't a better player. But we could be doing with 2 scrappers in there..I wouldn't like to play against a midfield containing they 2. Players like Allan, barker, etc were posted missing at tynie. We need to win the battle first. Let Horgan, Boyle, Kamberi, and Mallan worry about winning the match. Will also allow the full backs to push on and a centre half to come out with the ball having 2 of them in the holding role. I can't see past it.

BegbieHSC
30-10-2018, 01:34 PM
Any lineup has to be decided upon the way we like to play. We need to play our passing stylish way. A derby is obviously a battle, but we can’t pick a line up with the intention of dropping to their level to fighting in the middle, and hoofing. They’re more adept at that, and will win if we stoop to their level.

Play our game, and we’ll win - simples !

sahpaton
30-10-2018, 01:40 PM
I'm not saying Milligan isn't a better player. But we could be doing with 2 scrappers in there..I wouldn't like to play against a midfield containing they 2. Players like Allan, barker, etc were posted missing at tynie. We need to win the battle first. Let Horgan, Boyle, Kamberi, and Mallan worry about winning the match. Will also allow the full backs to push on and a centre half to come out with the ball having 2 of them in the holding role. I can't see past it.

We've never played with two holding players under Lennon and a derby against a weakened Hearts team isn't the time to go trying it out. Like others have said, stick to what we are good at and play our own game rather than playing into Hearts' hands by restricting our creativity in midfield.

HiBremian
30-10-2018, 01:53 PM

Tactical formation for the narrow pitch at the Wongadome :greengrin

jacomo
30-10-2018, 02:15 PM
Up and at em.

Hearts have loads of injuries and will be fielding an experimental line up. Don’t let them settle.

I’d go for the diamond in midfield, 2 up front.

yerauldda
30-10-2018, 02:37 PM
Bogdan

Gray/Harry - Gray if fit
Efe
Porteous
Stevenson

Boyle
Mallan
Milligan
Hyndman/Slivka - Cant decide between these 2 but could see Hyndman doing the Ryan Christie style job running at their defence
Horgan

Kamberi

Completely agree with all of this. Really struggling between Slivka and Hyndman for this game.

Also leaves us with so many options for the bench:

Marciano
Mcgregor
Hanlon
Gray/Mavrias
Bartley
Slivka/Hyndman
Shaw
McLaren
Agyepong

EH54
30-10-2018, 03:42 PM
We've never played with two holding players under Lennon and a derby against a weakened Hearts team isn't the time to go trying it out. Like others have said, stick to what we are good at and play our own game rather than playing into Hearts' hands by restricting our creativity in midfield.

Hearts team might be technically weakened but that won't stop it being a scrap on that 5 aside court. Bully and outplay them. This isn't a game for passengers or luxury players so to speak and for me that's exactly what the likes of slivka, hyndman is and to an extent Mallan though he can score from anywhere so is in for me..

BOB MARLEYS DUG
30-10-2018, 04:38 PM
Bartman and Milligan sitting behind the 3 mids please 👍🏽

Greenbeard
30-10-2018, 04:52 PM
Per NL on Hibs TV doubts over Hanlon, Gray, Agyepong and Hyndman. Re-assessed in the morning.

theonlywayisup
30-10-2018, 06:21 PM
Admins - any chance of merging this and the Injury Update thread, as both have people picking their team for Tiny

B.H.F.C
30-10-2018, 06:37 PM
Of those that are doubts the one we need most is Gray IMO.

If he’s not available I think it’ll change Lennon’s thinking. Only way we will play a back four is if he’s fit IMO.

Zazu62
30-10-2018, 06:40 PM
Of those that are doubts the one we need most is Gray IMO.

If he’s not available I think it’ll change Lennon’s thinking. Only way we will play a back four is if he’s fit IMO.

Then what’s the point in signing harry?

B.H.F.C
30-10-2018, 06:50 PM
Then what’s the point in signing harry?

How often have you seen us sign someone like that on a short term deal but never really see them play?

He’s not played for months. I don’t think Lennon will play him tomorrow.

Sir David Gray
30-10-2018, 06:54 PM
Assuming there's no Gray, Hanlon, Agyepong or Hyndman;

Bogdan

Ambrose
Porteous
McGregor
Stevenson

Milligan
Mallan
Horgan
Slivka
Boyle

Kamberi

SUBS

Marciano
Nelom
Mavrias
Whittaker
Bartley
Shaw
Maclaren

IWasThere2016
30-10-2018, 07:01 PM
........... Bogdan

... Efe ...Porteous... Hanlon

SDG.....................Stevenson
............Milligan

.....Slivka .........Mallan

...... Boyle...... Flo

flash
30-10-2018, 07:07 PM
Per NL on Hibs TV doubts over Hanlon, Gray, Agyepong and Hyndman. Re-assessed in the morning.

Hanlon and Agyepong were both in training today. Was shown on STV. Sir David sadly wasn't with the group.

Gmack7
30-10-2018, 07:22 PM
Bogdan
SDG EFE HANLON LEWIS
MILLIGAN
BOYLE SLYVKA MALLAN HORGAN
KAMBERI

4 1 4 1 With plenty support for Flo

Mr_F
30-10-2018, 08:24 PM

I’d prefer him to Mallan.

Allant1981
30-10-2018, 08:38 PM

eh? you would drop mallan for bartley. glad you arent picking the team

Ozyhibby
30-10-2018, 08:44 PM

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Mr_F
30-10-2018, 09:04 PM
3 far superior footballers to Mallan struggled there last season, and previous, amazed so many folk think he’ll play well

HibeeDaz6270
30-10-2018, 09:13 PM
3 far superior footballers to Mallan struggled there last season, and previous, amazed so many folk think he’ll play well All of whom did not have a set piece delivery like his, it would be madness for us to leave him out for them alone.

Stuart93
30-10-2018, 10:14 PM
I’ve got a horrible feeling that when the team gets announced tomorrow we’ll be scratching our heads wondering who’s playing where

Dalianwanda
30-10-2018, 10:25 PM
I’ve got a horrible feeling that when the team gets announced tomorrow we’ll be scratching our heads wondering who’s playing where

Reeading previous match days threads nothing new there................Has worked out pretty well too :wink:

Greenbeard
30-10-2018, 10:33 PM
No problem with that at all. We can all scratch away like a dog with a bad dose of fleas. Just as long as the players themselves know where and how they are playing and the set up has been rehearsed on the training paddock. Can't imagine NL would not do that.

JimBHibees
30-10-2018, 10:39 PM
How often have you seen us sign someone like that on a short term deal but never really see them play?

He’s not played for months. I don’t think Lennon will play him tomorrow.

More likely to play Whitty than Harry at full back imo.

Smartie
30-10-2018, 10:40 PM

Ma-Kalambay, van Zanten, Thicot, Murray, Hanlon, O'Brien (Keenan 75), Chisholm, Rankin, Stevenson, Riordan, Fletcher.

Subs Not Used: McNeil, Pinau, McCormack, Campbell, Cropley, Tolmie.

Sort that little lot out into a derby-winning team.

It can be done.

Keep the faith.

frazeHFC
30-10-2018, 10:50 PM

That would be up there with the worst managerial decisions of all time. His long range efforts and set pieces are huge.

danhibees1875
30-10-2018, 10:56 PM
Bogdan
Ambrose McGregor Porteous
Boyle............... Stevenson
Milligan Slivka Horgan
Kamberi Maclaren

Ozyhibby
30-10-2018, 11:00 PM
3 far superior footballers to Mallan struggled there last season, and previous, amazed so many folk think he’ll play well

Mallan has scored the same amount of goals as those three so far this season than they managed together all last season.
Mallan is a fantastic player.

wookie70
30-10-2018, 11:17 PM
As long as we can work it out after 10 minutes that would be ok. I'm the same, I have a feeling the injuries and Lennon's inclination to tinker could see a very unusual line up/tactics. It has backfired a few times but I can remember the Dundee Utd game where we played two wingers and blew them away. Sometimes he gets it very right and hopefully that is the case tomorrow.

GreenArmyyy!
30-10-2018, 11:35 PM
I would be going a 4-1-2-3 tomorrow.

Bogdan

Ambrose, Porteous, McGregor, Stevenson

Milligan

Mallan, Slivka

Boyle, Kamberi, Horgan

Ken
31-10-2018, 07:43 AM
Bogdan

Gray Efe Hanlon(or Porteous) Lewis

............Milligan
...Boyle Mallan Horgan

....Kamberi McLaren

Let’s f***ing go for this!!!!

happiehibbie
31-10-2018, 08:19 AM
I would go with
Brogdan

Ambrose Porteous Stevenson

Bartley Slivka

Boyle Mallan Milligan Horgan

Flo

I would like Horgan to get forward to support Flo

The reason I would set up like this is due to the size of the Tynecastle pitch the game will be fought in the middle of the park if we can match them hopefully a condensed midfield will create space down the side to open them up with Boyle

Tha Cabbage Kid
31-10-2018, 08:28 AM
As good as he was in September, I thought Ambrose was dreadful yesterday. He's been dreadful in the past at Tynecastle and I'm not convinced he has the concentration span for a big derby performance there.

Crazy to say after he was as good as he was for a month there, but there's no way he's a first pick CH for me for this game - all of the others are ahead of him.

Bogdan

Gray
McGregor
Porteous
Stevenson

Bartley
Milligan

Boyle
Mallan
Horgan

KamberiI like that line up!!!! Mon thanks hibs

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

J-C
31-10-2018, 09:24 AM
Bogdan

Gray
Efe/McGregor
Porteous
Stevenson

Milligan

Slivka
Mallan
Hyndman

Boyle ( floating with no set position to keep their defence on their toes )
Kamberi

Width will come from the wingbacks but with Tynnie being a narrow pitch we don't really need lots of width anyway.

Brightside
31-10-2018, 09:41 AM
Bogdan

Harry Efe Hanlon Stevenson

Milligan

Boyle Sliv Mallan Horan

Flo

Toss up about if he will play Harry or Whitts at RB.

joe_hfc
31-10-2018, 12:39 PM
....................Bogdan...................
.......Porteous........McGregor.........
Efe...............................Stevenson
..............Slivka..Milligan..................
..Boyle............................Horgan..
....................Mallan.....................
................ Kamberi.....................

Think that'll be my team. If Gray was fit he's start at RB and Efe would replace Porteous at CB. Not 100% Horgan will start, but I can't think of anything better. Have a feeling Whittaker will start somewhere...

JeMeSouviens
31-10-2018, 12:42 PM
That would be up there with the worst managerial decisions of all time. His long range efforts and set pieces are huge.

:agree: A Mallan howitzer could be the difference. :pray:

Fuzzywuzzy
31-10-2018, 01:01 PM
They'll know the danger mallan poses and he'll be clattered early doors. Hit them hard seems to be a levein mantra

heretoday
31-10-2018, 01:13 PM
As long as it is not a back 3, i’m no too fussed. Our defending is an abomination in a back 3.

Bogdan
Gray
Porteous
Hanlon
Stevenson

Bartley
Milligan
Mallan

Boyle
Kamberi
Horgan

Gray must play. Efe as a sub.

Diclonius
31-10-2018, 01:17 PM
Ma-Kalambay, van Zanten, Thicot, Murray, Hanlon, O'Brien (Keenan 75), Chisholm, Rankin, Stevenson, Riordan, Fletcher.

Subs Not Used: McNeil, Pinau, McCormack, Campbell, Cropley, Tolmie.

Sort that little lot out into a derby-winning team.

It can be done.

Keep the faith.

To be fair, the wizard himself Joe Keenan won every derby he played in.

hfc rd
31-10-2018, 01:49 PM
To be fair, the wizard himself Joe Keenan won every derby he played in.

Did he not play in the Scottish Cup tie against them which we lost 2-0? The one Steven Fletcher was wrongly sent off for a tackle on Berra. That red card changed the whole complexion of the game

Dominique Malonga is another one that has an undefeated record against them

JimBHibees
31-10-2018, 01:52 PM
Did he not play in the Scottish Cup tie against them which we lost 2-0? The one Steven Fletcher was wrongly sent off for a tackle on Berra. That red card changed the whole complexion of the game

Aye the bold Craig Thompson again. :rolleyes:

Hiber-nation
31-10-2018, 01:57 PM

Keenan never played in that one but he did come on in the 1-0 win at ER when Fletcher scored and Bamba was sent off.

Aldo
31-10-2018, 04:00 PM
........... Bogdan

... Efe ...Porteous... Hanlon

SDG.....................Stevenson
............Milligan

.....Slivka .........Mallan

...... Boyle...... Flo

No bad but if SDG isn’t fit NL has a choice of replacing him with Harry or dropping Boyle wide and bringing in Shaw or MacLaren if he’s fit.

Aldo
31-10-2018, 04:06 PM
I’d be tempted, depending on who is fit to play this team

Line up is 3-1-3-3

Bogdan

Efe Porteous Hanlon (if Paul is out Daz?)

Milligan

SDG or Harry (maybe Boyle) Mallan Lewis

Boyle Flo and Horgan (or MacLaren)

Can fall to a back 5 if need be with SDG and Lewis as WB’s

MWHIBBIES
31-10-2018, 04:12 PM
Gray must play. Efe as a sub.No way Efe is dropped in favour of Porteous.

jacomo
31-10-2018, 04:27 PM
I’d be tempted, depending on who is fit to play this team

Line up is 3-1-3-3

Bogdan

Efe Porteous Hanlon (if Paul is out Daz?)

Milligan

SDG or Harry (maybe Boyle) Mallan Lewis

Boyle Flo and Horgan (or MacLaren)

Can fall to a back 5 if need be with SDG and Lewis as WB’s

Sorry but that’s minging.

IMO of course!

:greengrin

Aldo
31-10-2018, 04:30 PM
Sorry but that’s minging.

IMO of course!

:greengrin

No offence taken. Tight narrow pitch attacking team? What do I know tho. Putting it out there

theonlywayisup
31-10-2018, 06:45 PM

Penny for your thoughts

Nicho87
31-10-2018, 06:47 PM
7 defensive players 4 attacking ones is my first thought.

mutley
31-10-2018, 06:47 PM
Marv is captain tonight according to Twitter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro