PDA

View Full Version : If you are the bearded idiot at todays' game...

Keith_M
20-10-2018, 07:08 PM
...that was making 'Red Hand Salutes' (or possibly doing Seig Heil?) to the Celtc Fans at the end of the game, then please don't come back.

I can categorically state that at least 99.99% of the Hibs Support do not want idiots like you at our games.

StevesFamau5
20-10-2018, 07:26 PM
You're joking??? Wow, that is both tragic and unacceptable. Hopefully he will never be seen at ER or away again.

hibsbollah
20-10-2018, 07:28 PM
Orange Lodge hipsters are becoming a real problem.

Jamesie
20-10-2018, 07:34 PM
Saw a Celtic fan emptied during the second half from the upper echelons of Section 118 - anyone know what happened?

yonder1875
20-10-2018, 07:38 PM
Saw a Celtic fan emptied during the second half from the upper echelons of Section 118 - anyone know what happened?

Threw a cup of juice over our way after Boyle’s goal.

There was a few dafties chanting “paedo’s” at the Celtic fans today, can’t be arsed with that. Leave signing about child abuse to Rangers.

Nakedmanoncrack
20-10-2018, 07:41 PM
...that was making 'Red Hand Salutes' (or possibly doing Seig Heil?) to the Celtc Fans at the end of the game, then please don't come back.

I can categorically state that at least 99.99% of the Hibs Support do not want idiots like you at our games.

Didn't see this arse, somebody should have had a word with him.

Jamesie
20-10-2018, 07:49 PM
Saw a pair of bearded dafties in the Celtic end who must have spent more time waving a tricolor around and trying to noise up the Hibs support than watching the match itself!

SChibs
20-10-2018, 07:52 PM
Saw a pair of bearded dafties in the Celtic end who must have spent more time waving a tricolor around and trying to noise up the Hibs support than watching the match itself!

Was that the guy with 2 scarves and a flag? Strange behaviour if so

Keith_M
20-10-2018, 07:52 PM

He was sitting right behind me. He threw a cup of Coke at the Hibs Support.

Stupid 15 year old kid sitting with this Dad.

Keith_M
20-10-2018, 07:54 PM
You're joking??? Wow, that is both tragic and unacceptable. Hopefully he will never be seen at ER or away again.

I really wish it WAS a joke. I can only presume that some guy took his Rangers supporting mate to the game.

I really hope that's what it was.

Nakedmanoncrack
20-10-2018, 08:14 PM

Must be a beard thing.

The Green Goblin
20-10-2018, 08:32 PM

What kind of beard was it? What did he look like? (Genuine question)

Jamesie
20-10-2018, 08:33 PM
Was that the guy with 2 scarves and a flag? Strange behaviour if so

It certainly was. Very odd.

Keith_M
20-10-2018, 08:40 PM
What kind of beard was it? What did he look like? (Genuine question)

OK, he was either slightly olive skinned... or had been in the tanning booths too often. I was standing a bit of a distance behind (or I might have walloped him), but he kinda had slicked back hair and I honestly can't remember what he was wearing, sorry.

The guy was standing next to the exit (vomitory), in Section 119, in full view of a number of stewards.

I was late getting out, so there could only have been fifty or so Hibbies at most still in the ground at the time.

Keith_M
20-10-2018, 08:43 PM
Must be a beard thing.

Oi! I have a bit of a Salt'n Pepper Beard, but don't behave like that

:na na:

BurghHibby
20-10-2018, 09:26 PM
He was sitting right behind me. He threw a cup of Coke at the Hibs Support.

Stupid 15 year old kid sitting with this Dad.

He missed and hit another Celtic fan
It hit the woman sitting behind me, section 118 amongst the Celtic fans right at the hazard tape barrier
A steward came over and said they’d look at CCTV footage to identify who done it, came back later “that’s him arrested then”

Jack Hackett
20-10-2018, 09:27 PM
Oi! I have a bit of a Salt'n Pepper Beard, but don't behave like that

:na na:

Sorry bud... guilty by association. Now sick tae eff of the #bunheidedbeardtotingskinnyjeaned knobs :greengrin

Hermit Crab
20-10-2018, 09:30 PM
A Hibs fan was booted out from section 120 after about 8 minutes as well. No idea why.

Jack Hackett
20-10-2018, 09:34 PM
A Hibs fan was booted out from section 120 after about 8 minutes as well. No idea why.

Widnae be you then!

:wink: :greengrin

kaimendhibs
20-10-2018, 11:24 PM
Guy with a beard behind me was shouting at Celtic fans calling them Fenian *******s [emoji1785][emoji1785]

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

stoneyburn hibs
20-10-2018, 11:30 PM
It's tragic that someone has a beard .

JXM73
20-10-2018, 11:33 PM
The ****s throwing coins can **** off too, counted at least three instances coins whizzed past us in the ****ty side of the tape

The_Horde
20-10-2018, 11:38 PM

But did you die?

Football fans in winding up opposition shockerooni.

kaimendhibs
20-10-2018, 11:39 PM
So Hitler salutes are banter then. You sound a right laugh
But did you die?

Squirrel 1875
20-10-2018, 11:44 PM
But did you die?

Not Hibs class. We are a club of Irish origin and should not entertain such behaviour amongst our support. It demeans our proud history.

neil7908
20-10-2018, 11:46 PM
But did you die?

So the barrier is set at dying to get upset?

The_Horde
20-10-2018, 11:48 PM
So Hitler salutes are banter then. You sound a right laugh

Without going into it too much, the two salutes aren't the same. Only the gentleman performing them will know which one he was impersonating.

kaimendhibs
20-10-2018, 11:49 PM
Good laugh either way tho eh? [emoji1785]
Without going into it too much, the two salutes aren't the same. Only the gentleman performing them will know which one he was impersonating.

The_Horde
20-10-2018, 11:52 PM
Not Hibs class. We are a club of Irish origin and should not entertain such behaviour amongst our support. It demeans our proud history.

I'm a non religious hibs fan of Edinburgh origin and I can safely say I've never been bothered enough by a supporters actions to make a thread on hibs.net about them (complete with no actual evidence of said incident happening)

The_Horde
20-10-2018, 11:53 PM
Good laugh either way tho eh? [emoji1785]

Aye, I'm pishing myself.

Crunchie
20-10-2018, 11:57 PM
I'm a non religious hibs fan of Edinburgh origin and I can safely say I've never been bothered enough by a supporters actions to make a thread on hibs.net about them (complete with no actual evidence of said incident happening)

I've heard some chants over the years at games too, can't say I was overly offended by any of them either.

The_Horde
20-10-2018, 11:59 PM
I've heard some chants over the years at games too, can't say I was overly offended by any of them either.

Exactly this. Taken with a pinch of salt.

Squirrel 1875
21-10-2018, 12:00 AM

Where did I mention religion!? No need to bring religion into this. History and culture only.

As for your remark about evidence, yes, I do find it rather odd that no one else witnessed the incident..

CMurdoch
21-10-2018, 12:05 AM

To be fair he is still a cock

CMurdoch
21-10-2018, 12:05 AM
Guy with a beard behind me was shouting at Celtic fans calling them Fenian *******s [emoji1785][emoji1785]

Another cock

Squirrel 1875
21-10-2018, 12:06 AM
To be fair he is still a cock

Has anyone proved that this happened?

CMurdoch
21-10-2018, 12:09 AM
Has anyone proved that this happened?

The OP said it and there is no reason to disbelieve him.

The Green Goblin
21-10-2018, 12:23 AM
OK, he was either slightly olive skinned... or had been in the tanning booths too often. I was standing a bit of a distance behind (or I might have walloped him), but he kinda had slicked back hair and I honestly can't remember what he was wearing, sorry.

The guy was standing next to the exit (vomitory), in Section 119, in full view of a number of stewards.

I was late getting out, so there could only have been fifty or so Hibbies at most still in the ground at the time.

Cheers. I was asking because there’s a boy fits that description near us at ER who comes out with the most atrocious p!sh imagineable. Spends the whole game abusing our players (yeah, it happens) but on a level that is weird. Some of the comments are so out there, that we’ve wondered if he has some kind of tourettes, like he can’t help it...I kid you not. Here’s a sample from recent games, and I swear these are all direct quotes, they were said in a way that wasn’t funny, or sarcastic and I’ve not made any of them up:

“You baldy Hearts b***ard” - @ David Gray
“11 years at the club and the goal against Rangers in 2009 is all you’ve done” @ Lewis Stevenson
“His heart’s not in it any more” @ Paul Hanlon
“Who’s that again? The American c***?” @ Emerson Hyndman
“F***ing rank” @ Florian Kamberi
“Sh**e” shouted loudly @ every Hibs player every single time they clear the ball or make a forward pass.

Every home game it’s a variation on this theme for the whole game. Tiring. Anyway, it sounded a bit like your boy from today... :greengrin

CMurdoch
21-10-2018, 12:38 AM
Cheers. I was asking because there’s a boy fits that description near us at ER who comes out with the most atrocious p!sh imagineable. Spends the whole game abusing our players (yeah, it happens) but on a level that is weird. Some of the comments are so out there, that we’ve wondered if he has some kind of tourettes, like he can’t help it...I kid you not. Here’s a sample from recent games, and I swear these are all direct quotes, they were said in a way that wasn’t funny, or sarcastic and I’ve not made any of them up:

“11 years at the club and the goal against Rangers in 2009 is all you’ve done” @ Lewis Stevenson
“Sh**e” shouted loudly @ every Hibs player every single time they clear the ball or make a forward pass.

Every home game it’s a variation on this theme for the whole game. Tiring. Anyway, it sounded a bit like your boy from today... :greengrin

:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin
You should perhaps speak to him politely at the next match to see what he is all about.
Certainly sounds like he is on some sort of spectrum even if it is just the turnip heid one.
Where do you sit?

Carheenlea
21-10-2018, 06:47 AM

Heard another fan, non bearded though, also shout this to Celtic fans. Baffling behaviour.

Pretty Boy
21-10-2018, 06:51 AM
Heard another fan, non bearded though, also shout this to Celtic fans. Baffling behaviour.

It's not that baffling. I'll wager too much alcohol and too few brain cells is a decent place to start looking for an explanation.

Would it surpise anyone if the same guy sang about knowing his history and being 1st to wear green without apparent irony? He'll be at Ibrox in a few weeka ranting about orange *******s and waving a tricolour about.

IGRIGI
21-10-2018, 06:56 AM
Was anything said to the bearded one during the match or did the real men sit silent and come home to call him out behind a keyboard?

:greengrin

Brizo
21-10-2018, 07:03 AM
It's not that baffling. I'll wager too much alcohol and too few brain cells is a decent place to start looking for an explanation.

Would it surpise anyone if the same guy sang about knowing his history and being 1st to wear green without apparent irony? He'll be at Ibrox in a few weeka ranting about orange *******s and waving a tricolour about.

:agree:

Pulled up a character years ago in the FF for the "fenian" stuff. He had a crucifix round his neck and his kids went to Catholic school :confused:

We have our fair share of conflicted dafties in our support.

Hibrandenburg
21-10-2018, 07:26 AM

Sounds like about half of the old north west enclosure when I was a boy and watching the Tornadoes. I'd hate to think what is was like in the years after. Boy was I glad when I was old enough to get out of there.

Albanian Hibs
21-10-2018, 07:57 AM

Was it a young boy, fake tan, slick black hair?

Since90+2
21-10-2018, 08:02 AM

Pulled up a character years ago in the FF for the "fenian" stuff. He had a crucifix round his neck and his kids went to Catholic school :confused:

Not sticking up for him in anyway but the Fenians were not uniquely Catholic.

One Day
21-10-2018, 08:14 AM

True

SRHibs
21-10-2018, 08:26 AM

They’re not conflicted, they just don’t give a **** about the politics/religion/history behind it. It’s a simple case of saying and/or doing whatever will noise up the opposition.

Bostonhibby
21-10-2018, 08:28 AM
Saw a pair of bearded dafties in the Celtic end who must have spent more time waving a tricolor around and trying to noise up the Hibs support than watching the match itself!Green beards, pointy ears and tall green hats by any chance?

Plastic paddies who couldn't pick out oirland on a map of oirland. The self proclaimed best fans in the world are full of them.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Keith_M
21-10-2018, 08:42 AM

You want a video or something?

Why on earth would I make that up??????????

Greenbeard
21-10-2018, 08:49 AM

Wiznae me. Giving a bad name to bearded Hibees.
New post brewing "Parker's Chops Fanclub".

chinaman
21-10-2018, 09:26 AM
Didn't see this arse, somebody should have had a word with him.
have a word ?
should have battered the pricks teeth out.

Hermit Crab
21-10-2018, 09:46 AM
have a word ?
should have battered the pricks teeth out.

Aye because thats the answer right, batter someones teeth out in front of thousands of witnesses including stewards and police...:rolleyes:

Wembley67
21-10-2018, 10:08 AM
For years I've always wondered why folk get so worked up at what our or opposition fans say/sing....who really cares, toughen up and get on with life, it's too short.

makaveli1875
21-10-2018, 10:13 AM

So you could start a thread calling some random guy an idiot , and tell everyone how offended you were even though youre not exactly sure what his offensive gesture was .

BullsCloseHibs
21-10-2018, 10:14 AM
Orange Lodge hipsters are becoming a real problem.

Is three really such a thing?

The two don't go.

Anyway, I agree with everyone. Please don't come back to Hibs if you are into that crap. I'd certainly have said something to him yesterday. No doubt about it.

kaimendhibs
21-10-2018, 10:16 AM
I was too busy arguing with the stewards. And if he wants to shout about Fenians, he's stupid but not gonna get into a rammy about it
Was anything said to the bearded one during the match or did the real men sit silent and come home to call him out behind a keyboard?

BullsCloseHibs
21-10-2018, 10:17 AM

Sounds like something from The Office! (Tv comedy) (Hibs style, of course)

Frazerbob
21-10-2018, 11:30 AM

Nothing to do with ‘Hibs class’ ? our Irish roots or our history. Just plain idiotic bawbag behaviour

Carheenlea
21-10-2018, 11:41 AM

Had an exchange of words with the guy I heard shouting Fenian *******s at Celtic fans, but it became immediately clear that the guy wouldn’t be able to tell you what a Fenian was. They still need to be pulled up for it though and understand that is not behaviour you want to be seeing from Hibs supporters. Don’t usually get that upset with what fans come out within a football stadium environment, but some things just cross the line.

Lago
21-10-2018, 12:07 PM

You have been know to express some controversial opinions at times.

calumhibee1
21-10-2018, 12:09 PM

All very well saying folk should call someone out about it but a lot of people won’t want the hassle. I’m not sure what kicked it off the other week but the guy that sits along from me called out a guy a few weeks ago for calling Agyepong something other than Agyepong (admittedly I didn’t hear what he said). The guy behind then climbed down a few rows after the game and basically told him he was going to kick **** out him in front of his kids. No really worth the hassle is it?

I have no video evidence of this exchange btw.

BullsCloseHibs
21-10-2018, 12:16 PM
What sort of beard was it?

BullsCloseHibs
21-10-2018, 12:19 PM
It's quite clear that a very small minority of Hibs fans and away days just do not go. Booze and lack of brain cells have a lot to answer.

Brizo
21-10-2018, 12:23 PM

You are , of course , correct. I'm not convinced that the kind of characters ive seen shouting that stuff are aware of the distinction.

They’re not conflicted, they just don’t give a **** about the politics/religion/history behind it. It’s a simple case of saying and/or doing whatever will noise up the opposition.

If you take that argument to its logical conclusion OF fans and Hertz fans could make the same justification for the stuff they sing. People who abuse black players, likewise. I don't think bigotry or racism should get a free pass, just because some might view it as banter or winding up.

The Pointer
21-10-2018, 12:27 PM
I've sat in many different sections of ER and have yet to hear anyone come out with the streams of verbal mouthwash others seem have experienced.

However, my worst experience was at East End Park a few years ago where the only available seats in the away stand were in front of someone sounding like Begbie on Temazepam who blazed away throughout the game screaming and swearing ( we all do a bit) despite the presence of his wee boy beside him. There was steam coming out this guy's ears for 90 minutes.

hibsbollah
21-10-2018, 12:50 PM
Is three really such a thing?

The two don't go.

Anyway, I agree with everyone. Please don't come back to Hibs if you are into that crap. I'd certainly have said something to him yesterday. No doubt about it.

They're everywhere these days. Up to their knees in Estonian rye infused craft beer, twiddling their facial hair into folical representations of a Dutch guy of indeterminate sexual preference on a white horse. Updating their Facebook with Tommy Robinson, Steam punk and Steve Bannon 'Likes'.

The Orange Lodge Hipsters. :cb

WeeRussell
21-10-2018, 01:14 PM
For years I've always wondered why folk get so worked up at what our or opposition fans say/sing....who really cares, toughen up and get on with life, it's too short.

It’s nothing to do with getting worked up, being tough or getting on with life. I for one would be embarrassed if one of our supporters were making either of these gestures. It’s the sort of behaviour that most of us despise the old firm for, so let’s not pass it off as banter to try and wind up the opposition.

You don’t have to get worked up to acknowledge that it’s moronic behaviour whether one isolated bam or not.

yonder1875
21-10-2018, 02:32 PM
Heard a few chants about child abuse from a certain few dafties aswell, that’s not on.

Hermit Crab
21-10-2018, 02:33 PM
Heard a few chants about child abuse from a certain few dafties aswell, that’s not on.

As well as the Mrs Mercer song which is absolutely horrendous.

SteveHFC
21-10-2018, 03:05 PM
As well as the Mrs Mercer song which is absolutely horrendous.

Why is there any need for that song to be sung at all.

Keith_M
21-10-2018, 03:12 PM
What sort of beard was it?

Well, imagine you're watching a film with Pirates and there was a Spanish Sea Captain...

The Green Goblin
21-10-2018, 03:14 PM
Well, imagine you're watching a film with Pirates and there was a Spanish Sea Captain...

WoreTheGreen
21-10-2018, 03:22 PM

Senor pugwash

Keith_M
21-10-2018, 03:29 PM
Senor pugwash

Ah, so you know the guy then?

Newcastlehibby
21-10-2018, 03:30 PM
Senor pugwash

Watch out for Seaman Staines.

Keith_M
21-10-2018, 03:35 PM
So you could start a thread calling some random guy an idiot , and tell everyone how offended you were even though youre not exactly sure what his offensive gesture was .

OK, let's examine your logic.

If he was making a Red Hand salute, it would have been unnaceptable

If he was making a Nazi salute, it would have been unnaceptable

Anything else?