PDA

View Full Version : Tactical Fouls

BoomtownHibees
20-10-2018, 03:31 PM
Why don’t we do them?

nonshinyfinish
20-10-2018, 03:35 PM
We do. There was one in the first half, I forget who it was.

I think your question is really 'why didn't Milligan take out Forrest when he had the chance?'

BoomtownHibees
20-10-2018, 03:37 PM

I think your question is really 'why didn't Milligan take out Forrest when he had the chance?'

That and a few others

PeeJay
20-10-2018, 04:14 PM

Think the answer is he couldn't catch him to do it ... :greengrin

CMurdoch
20-10-2018, 04:15 PM
Think the answer is he couldn't catch him to do it ... :greengrin

Tis true :greengrin

SChibs
20-10-2018, 04:43 PM
Did anyone else see the heated discussion between Lennon and Milligan after he was subbed? I think it was about the 3rd goal, Lennon probably saying he should have taken him out

B.H.F.C
20-10-2018, 04:45 PM
Did anyone else see the heated discussion between Lennon and Milligan after he was subbed? I think it was about the 3rd goal, Lennon probably saying he should have taken him out

Saw that. Can only presume Lennon had a go at him for the third goal. And he was right.

It was poor defending in the first place but should have just taken a yellow and pulled him back after that.

AndyB_70
20-10-2018, 05:04 PM
I was surprised that he didn't take him out at first contact just inside our half. After that he was gone and Milligan was treading water.

Allant1981
20-10-2018, 05:29 PM
yip milligan should have taken him out but lets be honest, the marking for most goals today was really poor

Ozyhibby
20-10-2018, 06:12 PM
Only Milligan knows why he didn’t bring him down. It’s a bit like Iain Murray against Novikovas at the PBS when Kyle scored the winner with 4 mins to go. Nobody will ever know why he waved him through.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lapsedhibee
20-10-2018, 06:42 PM
Why don’t we do them?

Crime count today according to BBC was Celtc 2 fouls, us 18. So we were doing plenty of fouling.

Though not on the scale of tiny Tynie, where there were a total of 45 fouls.

greenginger
20-10-2018, 06:43 PM
Was it Celtic's tactics today not to commit any fouls ?

According to the BBC stats Hibs only got 2 free kicks in the entire 90 minutes .

B.H.F.C
20-10-2018, 06:45 PM
Crime count today according to BBC was Celtc 2 fouls, us 18. So we were doing plenty of fouling.

Though not on the scale of tiny Tynie, where there were a total of 45 fouls.

I think 14 of them were non existent fouls. There were multiple times we could have ‘taken one for the team’ though. Third goal being the prime example.

JimBHibees
20-10-2018, 06:45 PM

According to the BBC stats Hibs only got 2 free kicks in the entire 90 minutes .

Watched the second half Celtic seemed to be given any number of soft fouls especially against Flo very few looked like a foul.

JohnM1875
20-10-2018, 07:00 PM

All we had to do was breathe in their direction and they got a free kick. Was pathetic and infuriating.

None more so than when they got a free kick for a shoulder to shoulder challenge, the Celtic player got up laughing, had a chat with the ref, who was also laughing, and they had a wee shoulder to shoulder push together, both laughing!! **** off!!

JimBHibees
20-10-2018, 07:01 PM
All we had to do was breathe in their direction and they got a free kick. Was pathetic and infuriating.

None more so than when they got a free kick for a shoulder to shoulder challenge, the Celtic player got up laughing, had a chat with the ref, who was also laughing, and they had a wee shoulder to shoulder push together, both laughing!! **** off!!

Yep a nice little chummy moment that. Embarrassing the number of soft fouls given to them second half.

JohnM1875
20-10-2018, 07:11 PM
Yep a nice little chummy moment that. Embarrassing the number of soft fouls given to them second half.

It was so annoying!

I'd like to think i'm not particularly bias. I can happily say when a Hibs player fouls and the other team deserves a free kick, usually to the bewilderment of folk around me. But, today I was honestly shocked at some of the decisions they got in their favour!

There was a one in midfield where the ref signalled "advantage" ... there honestly wasn't even a tackle leading up to it that could have been considered a foul. Even thinking about it I'm fizzing!! haha

Great second half from us though. Play like that and we'll better last season