PDA

View Full Version : A-league football

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]

PHeffernan
21-01-2024, 10:42 PM
Aye, but seems there is no dosh in the transfer kitty.

Makes you wonder what picture was presented to Monty in regard to available money for reinforcements when they went through the interview process.

Thing is only one team in Scotland has paid a fee for a player in this window so it's not as if Hibs business is much different from the other 40 Scottish clubs.
As we know if you buy a good player in the January you pay a premium price and Hibs are not going to do that.

At the start of the break I reckoned 3rd and 4th were gone and the transfer window, too date, hasn't caused me to change that opinion. Odds are we need to reel in St Mirren and Kilmarnock to claim the last European place.

Forza Fred
21-01-2024, 11:02 PM
[QUOTE=PHeffernan;7554892]Thing is only one team in Scotland has paid a fee for a player in this window so it's not as if Hibs business is much different from the other 40 Scottish clubs.
As we know if you buy a good player in the January you pay a premium price and Hibs are not going to do that.

At the start of the break I reckoned 3rd and 4th were gone and the transfer window, to date, hasn't caused me to change that opinion. Odds are we need to reel in St Mirren and Kilmarnock to claim the last European place.

Pretty sure the possibility of money being available in the January window by a new incoming manager would have been discussed though.

Guess we can assume the answer was….’Naw, there’s nane’.

Forza Fred
23-01-2024, 11:30 AM
Martin Boyle penalty puts the Socceroos 1-0 up at half time against Uzbekistan

Hand ball decision……Dog knows what hand ball is these days……I would be going berserk if I was the Uzbek coach.

Dunno where players are supposed to put their hands.

Broken Gnome
23-01-2024, 11:31 AM
Martin Boyle penalty puts the Socceroos 1-0 up at half time against Uzbekistan

Hand ball decision……Dog knows what hand ball is these days……I would be going berserk if I was the Uzbek coach.

Dunno where players are supposed to put their hands.

Just said that on the other thread - outrageous. Would never have been mentioned again if they'd just got on the game.

Forza Fred
25-01-2024, 09:01 AM
Anyone watching the Melbourne City v Adelaide game?

I missed it, but my missus swears she heard the commentator say words to the effect..

‘And the talk among people in the know is Jeggo is coming back’………she wasn’t sure which club they were talking about….Jeggo’s home town is Melbourne but he did play for Adelaide for a couple of seasons…

04Sauzee
25-01-2024, 09:02 AM

I missed it, but my missus swears she heard the commentator say words to the effect..

‘And the talk among people in the know is Jeggo is coming back’………she wasn’t sure which club they were talking about….Jeggo’s home town is Melbourne but he did play for Adelaide for a couple of seasons…

Only catch the Sat/Sun UK games. Hopefully someone can clarify.

Forza Fred
25-01-2024, 09:44 AM

Independent tweet confirms his destination is Melbourne City.

Only thing not confirmed is…..when.

04Sauzee
27-01-2024, 08:55 AM
Nisbet having another decent game for CCM

CCM4LIFE
27-01-2024, 09:18 AM
How about that goal from Miguel Di Pizzio? He's 18 btw!

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C2mU_C9Sbzx/

Forza Fred
28-01-2024, 10:15 AM
Australia v Indonesia..in round of 16 Asia Cup

Martin Boyle starts.

Lewis Miller and another player never travelled with the squad as they are ‘under the weather’.

Wasn’t stated, but I’m guessing Covid maybe.

Pity…I reckon he may have started tonight.

Forza Fred
28-01-2024, 11:23 AM
Martin Boyle scores with superb diving header at back post to put the Aussies 2-0 up just before half time.

EGL2000
28-01-2024, 12:12 PM
Great finish from Boyle, just launched himself at the ball!

Forza Fred
31-01-2024, 05:45 AM
Adelaide v Sydney on shortly.

Hope I don’t put the mockers on him, but keep an eye out for Adelaide’s keeper Joe Gauci.

He improves every season and has been named in the Socceroo squad for the World Cup matches next week, having got his first call up not long ago.

Could he be the answer for us?

Posted this back in November on the anniversary of when they hung Ned Kelly.

Rumours today that Gauci is being targeted by Aston Villa.

CapitalGreen
31-01-2024, 07:56 AM
Posted this back in November on the anniversary of when they hung Ned Kelly.

Rumours today that Gauci is being targeted by Aston Villa.

He wouldn’t be eligible for a work permit in England so they’d either need to loan him out until he is eligible or hope that he can get an Elite Sporting Contribution exemption (which clubs have a limit of).

Forza Fred
31-01-2024, 08:10 AM
He wouldn’t be eligible for a work permit in England so they’d either need to loan him out until he is eligible or hope that he can get an Elite Sporting Contribution exemption (which clubs have a limit of).

Interestingly, if it goes through….and the mail is it will….then he’ll be the second Adelaide United keeper to join an EPL club in a week.

Brighton signed 19 year old Steven Hall for their academy set up a week ago.

Forza Fred
02-02-2024, 09:48 AM
Perth v Melbourne City just kicked off.

Jimmy Jeggo on the bench.

Forza Fred
26-02-2024, 12:18 AM

NoticedJoe Gauci already on Aston Villa’s bench this weekend.

PHeffernan
26-02-2024, 01:53 AM
Perth v Melbourne City just kicked off.

Jimmy Jeggo on the bench.

Ah well, a warm bench is much better than a cold one.

andrew70
02-03-2024, 07:35 AM
Josh Nisbet scores for CCM.

Playing in the 10 role today he’s been very efficient.

Brightside
02-03-2024, 07:48 AM

If he doesn’t come to us I’ll be massively unhappy. Been banging that drum for a while now.

Bridge hibs
02-03-2024, 08:39 AM
If he doesn’t come to us I’ll be massively unhappy. Been banging that drum for a while now.

The laddie is a grafter and never hides, I like his energy too, certainly has a good engine

Forza Fred
02-03-2024, 09:57 AM

Suspensions mean he was pushed forward….quiet game by his standards but after Hibs supporters got over their ‘Josh Who, FFS’ moment, I think they would love his commitment.

A very clever player whose contract expires in June.

Hibs surely have approached him in some form by now.

Forza Fred
29-03-2024, 07:45 AM
Adelaide Utd v Western United kicking off in their A League Good Friday clash in a couple of minutes.

Musa Toure…who Hibs are credited with an interest in..on the Adelaide bench

Forza Fred
29-03-2024, 09:49 AM
Musa Toure came on as a sub in 81 minute replacing Irankunda in his last home game before reporting to Bayern Munich.

Only touched the ball a couple of times and hardly involved at all.

Commentator acknowledged Hibs interest in him.

Really can’t offer a definitive opinion on Toure as he hasn’t actually started a game in the A League with all his appearances coming off the bench…..all 9 of them I think.

Certainly haven’t seen anything from him to suggest he’d be a candidate for our first team, but as I say, he hasn’t played much to make a judgement on.

Forza Fred
02-04-2024, 10:20 AM
Josh Nisbet provides the assist for Max Balard to score his first A League goal in the 93rd minute and Central Coast Mariners defeat
Melbourne City 2-1.

Jamie MacLaren, Jimmy Jeggo and Celtic loanee Marco Tilio all started on the bench for City.

If Mariners beat Wellington Phoenix on Saturday at picturesque Sauce BottleStadium on Saturday they replace the Phoenix at the top of the A League table.

lyonhibs
02-04-2024, 01:55 PM

"At 1.60m, Nisbet is the shortest current player in the A-League".

Getting this in early - not got it physically for "Scottish football"

15 stone monsters only please. Daz McGregor on creatine or nothing for me.

BILLYHIBS
05-04-2024, 10:22 AM
WSW 1 v 2 Brisbane Roar

Some game this played in a monsoon must win for both teams

80 minutes gone

TNT

Forza Fred
05-04-2024, 10:50 AM
WSW 1 v 2 Brisbane Roar

Some game this played in a monsoon must win for both teams

80 minutes gone

TNT

Summer ended with a bang, and it’s been constant rain…state government this morning asking everybody in Sydney to drive only when a necessity and work from home if possible……..so I was surprised the game was able to go ahead…..but the pitch held up remarkably given the water that must have landed on it.

Looks worse two hours up the road in Newcastle…….rugby league players kicking up puddles with every step they take!

It’s just on 10pm out my way and so far we’ve had just over 52 mm of rain today….there’s 24 mm to the inch…..

Half an hour away a suburb is being evacuated due to flooding…….

andrew70
06-04-2024, 07:19 AM
Poor game so far in the top of the table clash between Nisbets CCM and the Phoenix.

Bridge hibs
06-04-2024, 07:49 AM
Poor game so far in the top of the table clash between Nisbets CCM and the Phoenix.

Very scrappy, Im hoping amongst the scrappiness some football might break out

Oops, goal CCM 🤣

andrew70
06-04-2024, 08:38 AM
Very scrappy, Im hoping amongst the scrappiness some football might break out

Oops, goal CCM 🤣

They’ll take that win. Big turnaround that last min goal.

Bridge hibs
06-04-2024, 08:42 AM
They’ll take that win. Big turnaround that last min goal.

Och I missed the rest of the game as was taking the mutt out

Green forever
06-04-2024, 09:14 AM
Melbourne Victory v Melbourne City on just now, Jimmy Jeggo playing for City who are one nil up, Jamie McLaren the bench.

04Sauzee
06-04-2024, 09:20 AM
Melbourne Victory v Melbourne City on just now, Jimmy Jeggo playing for City who are one nil up, Jamie McLaren the bench.

Rumours are that McLaren has been lined up for a move to Auckland FC

Forza Fred
12-04-2024, 10:10 AM
Adelaide’s 18 year old striker Nestory Irakunda just scored a goal that demonstrated why Bayern Munich have signed him.

Musa Toure, who we have been linked with, on the bench for Adelaide against Macarthur.

Forza Fred
12-04-2024, 11:30 AM
Toure comes on in 86th minute for his 10th (all off the bench);A League appearance

Forza Fred
24-04-2024, 11:09 AM
Central Coast mariners just beat a team from Kyrgistan 3-0 to qualify for AFC Cup final against a club side from Lebanon.

The final will be played somewhere in west Asia.

A million dollar pay day even if they lose double that and more if they win.

Possible Hibs targets Josh Nisbet and Jacob Farrell both had solid games with Nisbet providing an excellent ball for the second goal.

easty
24-04-2024, 11:49 AM
Central Coast mariners just beat a team from Kyrgistan 3-0 to qualify for AFC Cup final against a club side from Lebanon.

The final will be played somewhere in west Asia.

A million dollar pay day even if they lose double that and more if they win.

Possible Hibs targets Josh Nisbet and Jacob Farrell both had solid games with Nisbet providing an excellent ball for the second goal.

Just googled Central Coast Mariners to read about this, and one of the first things that came up was a story about one of the players being arrested at the airport after the first leg, and temporarily suspended by the league, after being charged with rape!

I take it that's big news over there?

Lago
24-04-2024, 12:14 PM
Just googled Central Coast Mariners to read about this, and one of the first things that came up was a story about one of the players being arrested at the airport after the first leg, and temporarily suspended by the league, after being charged with rape!

2 EPL players, 19 year old, arrested for alleged rape, big news over here.

Forza Fred
24-04-2024, 12:31 PM

One report said arrested at airport….when they returned from the first leg…other reports said he was arrested at a property in Terrigal.

Certainly made the news….but fitba isn’t the main sport here so it hasn’t received the same blanket publicity that there would be if it was a Rugby League or AFL player.

The guy was Angel Torres…a Colombian who was their top scorer….he scored a few goals right enough, but I didn’t fancy him much as I would describe him as someone who played for himself rather than the team.