PDA

View Full Version : A-league football

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7

andrew70
18-02-2023, 07:54 AM
Melbourne city against Melbourne victory , Top against bottom tomorrow morning ...Victory even money :hmmm:

Cumdogs team on at 11am

Great corner from Hibernian linked Jake Brimmer for a header to put victory ahead.

HibbyAndy
18-02-2023, 07:56 AM
Great corner from Hibernian linked Jake Brimmer for a header to put victory ahead.

:agree: Good header

Mclaren upfront for City

Forza Fred
18-02-2023, 01:37 PM
Central Coast Mariners came from 0-2 down to draw 2-2 with Perth Glory courtesy of 2 second half Jason Cummings penalties.

BILLYHIBS
03-03-2023, 08:24 AM
Adelaide United 0 v 1 Melbourne City

Nabbout 9

Currently live on BT Sports 39 minutes gone

BILLYHIBS
03-03-2023, 02:58 PM
Adelaide United 4 v 2 Melbourne City FT

BILLYHIBS
22-04-2023, 10:20 AM
Western United 0 v 1 Melbourne City

JaaimmmeeeMaaacccclllaaarrreeennnnnnnn !!!!

Forza Fred
22-04-2023, 10:28 AM
Western United 0 v 1 Melbourne City

JaaimmmeeeMaaacccclllaaarrreeennnnnnnn !!!!

Mis headed it on to his knee and in……but they all count!

Hibbyradge
22-04-2023, 10:30 AM
Mis headed it on to his knee and in……but they all count!

How did he manage that? I can't imagine it. :hilarious

But why does he get called Mis? :wink:

Forza Fred
22-04-2023, 10:32 AM
If you are watching the Melbin City v Western United game keep an eye out for Melbin’s left back Jordan Bos.

Seen as Oz’s next youngster destined for stardom.

BILLYHIBS
22-04-2023, 10:33 AM
1-1

JohnM1875
22-04-2023, 11:04 AM
If you are watching the Melbin City v Western United game keep an eye out for Melbin’s left back Jordan Bos.

Seen as Oz’s next youngster destined for stardom.

Is he the one that scored the equaliser against CCM last week? If so he looked class.

BILLYHIBS
22-04-2023, 11:24 AM
Western United 1 v 2 Melbourne City

JaiiimmmmeeeeedMaaacclllaaarrreeeeeeennnnnn!!!!

BILLYHIBS
22-04-2023, 11:29 AM
1-3

Jaaaammmmiiieeeeeemaaaccccllllaaarrrreeennnnnmn

Forza Fred
22-04-2023, 11:43 AM
Is he the one that scored the equaliser against CCM last week? If so he looked class.

Yep, that was him

BILLYHIBS
12-05-2023, 09:32 AM
Sydney FC v Melbourne City

Play Off Semi Final

Kick off 10.45 am

BT Sports

Gorebridge Hibb
12-05-2023, 10:48 AM
Sydney FC v Melbourne City

Play Off Semi Final

Kick off 10.45 am

BT Sports
Adelaide v Central Coast Mariners tomorrow in the others semi first leg. Jason Cummings hopefully on target

BILLYHIBS
12-05-2023, 12:49 PM
Jamie Mac

No shots nil nada zilch 😳

Curried
13-05-2023, 08:51 AM
Adelaide v Central Coast Mariners tomorrow in the others semi first leg. Jason Cummings hopefully on target

I was thinking about heading along are there are still a few tickets left for the CCM end.....Should be a good match.
I'm not sure if you'll need a vpn from OS, but the match is being broadcast free-to-air on Channel 10 (Oz):

https://10play.com.au/live/ten

Admin Note: please remove https link if not allowed.

Curried
13-05-2023, 10:26 AM
Cummings scores 2-1 CCM.. Still first half.

Gorebridge Hibb
13-05-2023, 01:46 PM
Cummings scores 2-1 CCM.. Still first half.

Finished 2-1 to Mariners. Great game

Keyser Sauzee
20-05-2023, 09:44 AM
Does anyone know what channel the CCM Adelaide game is on?

BILLYHIBS
20-05-2023, 09:45 AM
Does anyone know what channel the CCM Adelaide game is on?

BT Sport

Curried
20-05-2023, 09:56 AM
All Cummings had to do was put his head in there, but pulled out. Getting a bit soft i think.

Tyler Durden
20-05-2023, 10:44 AM
One of the better A League games I’ve seen. The Mariners just need to pick their final ball more carefully, the usual slight lack of quality in the final third that you see in this league

BILLYHIBS
20-05-2023, 10:51 AM
CCM 1 v 0 Adelaide

Silvera

Jase assist

Tyler Durden
20-05-2023, 10:52 AM
Nice assist from the Cumdog and it’s 1-0

Keyser Sauzee
20-05-2023, 10:54 AM
Cummings does well but the defending in the A League has always been rank rotten

BILLYHIBS
20-05-2023, 10:57 AM
2-0 ( 4–1)

Curried
20-05-2023, 11:55 AM
Good game.
Cummings done fine for CCM, and was good to see him laying the ball off for the first goal. Should be fun watching him lead the line against Jamie Mac in two weeks time.
For United, I thought Goodwin was a different level, but I really liked that 17 year-old (Irankunda). What a wicked right-foot :-)

Forza Fred
21-05-2023, 01:24 AM
Cummings does well but the defending in the A League has always been rank rotten

The forwards are certainly closer marked in Scotland than they are in the A League, but there are still some good defenders in it.

As Lewis Miller has shown though, they have to adjust to the pace of the game when they arrive in Scotland.

Jordan Bos of Melbourne city...a left back is joining Westerlo in Belguim for $2million, and on show for the Mariners last night, left back Jacob Farrell is the reason boy wonder Irakunda has not done much in the last few games when the teams have met.

He was on the bench for the semis against Adelaide with one job in mind...stop Irakunda.

When Irakunda goes on, Farrell goes on....they tried to keep Irakunda away from Farrell as much as they could last night.

Think Farrell will be off overseas soon too.

Forza Fred
03-06-2023, 07:10 AM
10-45am today (Edinburgh time)

Australian Grand Final

Central Coast Mariners (Lewis Miller’s old club) v Melbourne City

Jason v Jamie

ddoc
03-06-2023, 10:19 AM
10-45am today (Edinburgh time)

Australian Grand Final

Central Coast Mariners (Lewis Miller’s old club) v Melbourne City

Jason v Jamie

JC sores for CCM, 1-0.

LewysGot2
03-06-2023, 10:27 AM
Interested to see this. You can see aspects of Miller's level of play all over the pitch. It's a bit rough around the edges in terms of quality and the defending is definitely less strategic and intense as it is here. The goal for Cummins was exciting for him/his team but...

They're saying he's now going to play in India? 😳

ddoc
03-06-2023, 10:32 AM
JC sores for CCM, 1-0.

JC assist, CCM 2 - 0.

ddoc
03-06-2023, 10:38 AM
JC assist, CCM 2 - 0.

JMac assist, 2 - 1.

Forza Fred
03-06-2023, 10:49 AM
Interested to see this. You can see aspects of Miller's level of play all over the pitch. It's a bit rough around the edges in terms of quality and the defending is definitely less strategic and intense as it is here. The goal for Cummins was exciting for him/his team but...

And Scottish fitba isn’t ‘a bit rough around the edges’😂

Forza Fred
03-06-2023, 10:52 AM

Cummings as he will probably reveal after the match has reportedly signed a contract with a Calcutta side that the Daily Record said was worth £25,000 a week.

.Sean.
03-06-2023, 10:54 AM
How do the end of season play offs work?

Stubbsy90+2
03-06-2023, 11:00 AM
What I’d do for Cummings back here.

Forza Fred
03-06-2023, 11:03 AM
How do the end of season play offs work?

Top six are involved in a formatted play off situation until 2 are left……take too long to explain, but is standard among all main football codes here.

The last two play off in what you are watching for the position of ‘Champions’

Melbourne City, by virtue of being at the top of the league are ‘minor Premiers’ but if they win tonight they will be ‘champions’

Stubbsy90+2
03-06-2023, 11:04 AM
Top six are involved in a formatted play off situation until 2 are left……take too long to explain, but is standard among all main football codes here.

The last two play off in what you are watching for the position of ‘Champions’

Melbourne City, by virtue of being at the top of the league are ‘minor Premiers’ but if they win tonight they will be ‘champions’

So who is actually the league winner? :greengrin

ddoc
03-06-2023, 11:23 AM
JMac assist, 2 - 1.

JC penalty, CCM 3 x 1 up.

Stubbsy90+2
03-06-2023, 11:24 AM
3-1 Cummings penalty.

Sue Perb.

Has to be MOTM.

03-06-2023, 11:28 AM
Don't Panenka, don't Panenka!

ddoc
03-06-2023, 11:30 AM
JC penalty, CCM 3 x 1 up.

JC hat trick, another penalty, CCM 4 - 1 up.

Trinity Hibee
03-06-2023, 11:33 AM
Well done JC. We’ve missed a goal scorer like him since he left. Glad he’s found an environment that suits him

MWHIBBIES
03-06-2023, 11:37 AM
Well done JC. We’ve missed a goal scorer like him since he left. Glad he’s found an environment that suits him

We haven't missed a scorer like him all the time since he left. We'd have Doidge, Nisbet, Boyle, Kamberi, Maclaren etc in that time, and finished 4th and 3rd.

He would've played a part though, and we've had far worse 2nd and 3rd choice forwards in that time. Would love him back here now, scores goals.

Trinity Hibee
03-06-2023, 11:38 AM
We haven't missed a scorer like him all the time since he left. We'd have Doidge, Nisbet, Boyle, Kamberi, Maclaren etc in that time, and finished 4th and 3rd.

He would've played a part though, and we've had far worse 2nd and 3rd choice forwards in that time. Would love him back here now, scores goals.

We’ve missed a fox in the box player. We are certainly missing someone like him now

JohnM1875
03-06-2023, 11:42 AM
Cumming's is going to 'do the 5-1' again isn't he? 😂

ddoc
03-06-2023, 11:42 AM
JC hat trick, another penalty, CCM 4 - 1 up.

CCM now 5 - 1 up, all over with 5 min to go.

ddoc
03-06-2023, 11:48 AM
CCM now 5 - 1 up, all over with 5 min to go.

6 - 1, a bit of a thrashing.

HH81
03-06-2023, 11:51 AM
What I’d do for Cummings back here.

Why is he leaving there? Seems to have done very well.

Gorebridge Hibb
03-06-2023, 11:53 AM
Why is he leaving there? Seems to have done very well.

Big bucks in India. Over £10k a week. Signed for Mohut Bagan in Kolkata. All done this week

HH81
03-06-2023, 11:56 AM
Big bucks in India. Over £10k a week. Signed for Mohut Bagan in Kolkata. All done this week

Cheers. Grass is not always greener. Bet still on decent money in Aus.

Gorebridge Hibb
03-06-2023, 11:58 AM

Three year contract and a big signing on fee. His last chance to make big bucks. Will be easier for me and his old man to go and see him play

Sproule Three
03-06-2023, 12:05 PM
Mariners are probably the poorest club in A league so he won’t be earning anything near the likes of Jamie Mc.

He will be on life-changing money in India .
the commentator called him Cumdog Millionaire

Hillsidehibby
03-06-2023, 12:41 PM
Three year contract and a big signing on fee. His last chance to make big bucks. Will be easier for me and his old man to go and see him play

I hae ma doots that he will last 3 years there. It will drive him insane.

BILLYHIBS
03-06-2023, 12:44 PM
Cum Dogggggggg!!!!!!!!!

Forza Fred
03-06-2023, 12:45 PM
Jason said in an interview on the park at the end that coming to Oz changed his life.

The TV commentator thanked him for the entertainment he provided on and off the park since he arrived, and for the publicity that football got because of him.

There is no doubt that coming to Oz turned his life around.

I honestly believe that he’ll be back at Central Coast Mariners one day.

Good luck to him on his big money move.

JohnM1875
03-06-2023, 12:51 PM
Couldn't be happier for the guy. Loved him at Hibs and was gutted when he left.

Looked ropey for a few years but he's turned it around by moving to Australia and now he'll earn a **** tonne of money. Well played, Jase.

HH81
03-06-2023, 01:01 PM

Fair enough. Hope he does amazing. Always looked to be enjoying Australia.

Can I come too 😁

Bridge hibs
03-06-2023, 01:23 PM
Jason said in an interview on the park at the end that coming to Oz changed his life.

The TV commentator thanked him for the entertainment he provided on and off the park since he arrived, and for the publicity that football got because of him.

There is no doubt that coming to Oz turned his life around.

I honestly believe that he’ll be back at Central Coast Mariners one day.

Good luck to him on his big money move.Double legend, wonder if he will get the hat trick in India

.Sean.
03-06-2023, 01:32 PM
Think he’d ever come back to Hibs? I’d hate to see him at Hearts one day

Smartie
03-06-2023, 01:48 PM
I’ve always thought the role his personality played in our turnaround as a club has been underplayed.

Obviously his goals were significant but the dressing room turned from that grim one under Butcher where we were beaten as soon as we lost a goal to the one that won the cup and continued to achieve beyond that, and saw other talented personalities like Boyle and McGinn thrive.

Personally, I love the guy.

Stubbsy90+2
03-06-2023, 09:44 PM
I’ve always thought the role his personality played in our turnaround as a club has been underplayed.

Obviously his goals were significant but the dressing room turned from that grim one under Butcher where we were beaten as soon as we lost a goal to the one that won the cup and continued to achieve beyond that, and saw other talented personalities like Boyle and McGinn thrive.

Personally, I love the guy.

Agree.

Hugely under rated as a player, hugely under rated as a person.

When it comes to attitude, they don’t come much better than Jason. Never knows when he’s beat, has supreme confidence in his ability and usually backs it up when it matters.

If I could realistically sign (although his Indian wages may make it unrealistic) any player this summer it would be him.

Guys with attitudes like his are worth their weight in gold and drag the whole team up.

Sproule Three
04-06-2023, 12:40 AM
Think he’d ever come back to Hibs? I’d hate to see him at Hearts one day

Think he’ll be back in Aus in 2 years maximum .
The media love him here as he’s big box office he gives them plenty positive stories.
Always the first to be interviewed after any game.
Compare that to Scotland where he’ll be under scrutiny if he says anything remotely controversial

neil7908
04-06-2023, 03:59 AM
So happy for the guy. He seems to have matured a lot but kept that sense of mischief that makes him such a character.

Quite surprised to read he's leaving the A League but at his age, this is probably his last big contract and if the numbers discussed are true, its completely understandable.

He'll need to be a wee bit more careful in India though - very different to Oz or the UK!

Bristolhibby
05-06-2023, 10:45 AM
I hae ma doots that he will last 3 years there. It will drive him insane.

For £25k a week, I’d go almost anywhere.

J

bingo70
05-06-2023, 10:52 AM
I’ve not paid too much attention to this thread but just wondered if there were any players likely to be getting interest from Scottish clubs such as ours?

Seems to be a good market for Scottish Clubs.

Hillsidehibby
05-06-2023, 11:48 AM
For £25k a week, I’d go almost anywhere.

J

You would and I would but Kolcatta is not a wee town with a beach in NSW.
I hope he does well though.

CapitalGreen
05-06-2023, 12:30 PM
You would and I would but Kolcatta is not a wee town with a beach in NSW.
I hope he does well though.

The Indian football season is very short, there were only 162 days between the first and last games of the 22/23 season. He could probably continue to spend half the year in Aus.

Hillsidehibby
05-06-2023, 01:14 PM
The Indian football season is very short, there were only 162 days between the first and last games of the 22/23 season. He could probably continue to spend half the year in Aus.

I didn’t know that. In that case it’s a fine idea!

Forza Fred
09-06-2023, 09:25 AM
Not really the A League but Oz’s under 23 side are playing in the Maurice Revello tournament in France tonight 10pm Sydney time….which I think is 1pm in Edinburgh.

Here it’s being shown on ESPN and pretty sure there will be a sprinkling of European scouts in attendance.

Oz are playing some Mediterranean select after the country they were supposed to line up against pulled out at the last minute.

So that’s ESPN at 1pm.

04Sauzee
09-06-2023, 09:37 AM
Not really the A League but Oz’s under 23 side are playing in the Maurice Revello tournament in France tonight 10pm Sydney time….which I think is 1pm in Edinburgh.

Here it’s being shown on ESPN and pretty sure there will be a sprinkling of European scouts in attendance.

Oz are playing some Mediterranean select after the country they were supposed to line up against pulled out at the last minute.

So that’s ESPN at 1pm.

Anybody worth looking out for?

Forza Fred
09-06-2023, 10:10 AM
Anybody worth looking out for?

Some first timers but those who may catch the eye…..Kuol and his brother unsurprisingly also called Kuol, Tillio, Nuewenhauf, and Farrell.

Triantis signed for Sunderland during the week.

Oz were hampered in the first game with 5 or 6 of the squad not considered because they were playing in the A League Grand Final and only arrived in camp the day before the game.

04Sauzee
09-06-2023, 10:32 AM
Some first timers but those who may catch the eye…..Kuol and his brother unsurprisingly also called Kuol, Tillio, Nuewenhauf, and Farrell.

Triantis signed for Sunderland during the week.

Oz were hampered in the first game with 5 or 6 of the squad not considered because they were playing in the A League Grand Final and only arrived in camp the day before the game.

Cheers for the insight, always appreciated

Forza Fred
09-06-2023, 11:34 AM
The late arrivals…….most of the players I mentioned bar the Kuol, are named on the bench.

Must be saving them for the expected play off with Mexico.

andrew70
12-06-2023, 01:47 PM
Australia are 4 minutes away from beating Mexico and qualifying for next round of Maurice Revello tournament with a fantastic performance.

Just gone 2-0 up.

Some terrific talents.

Forza Fred
12-06-2023, 03:05 PM
Australia are 4 minutes away from beating Mexico and qualifying for next round of Maurice Revello tournament with a fantastic performance.

Just gone 2-0 up.

Some terrific talents.

You must have been watching a different game to me!

First half they were full of lazy passes, giving the ball away and the keeper kicking just about every ball out the park.

Second half they were a lot better though, even if the Mexicans fouled them every time they got the ball.

Yes, some good players, but I’ve seen them play a lot better….although you are correct in saying it was a great result.

andrew70
12-06-2023, 03:17 PM
You must have been watching a different game to me!

First half they were full of lazy passes, giving the ball away and the keeper kicking just about every ball out the park.

Second half they were a lot better though, even if the Mexicans fouled them every time they got the ball.

Yes, some good players, but I’ve seen them play a lot better….although you are correct in saying it was a great result.

First ten mins were ropey before they settled down. From there on in they seemed capable of getting a result but a very open game. In the second half they were far better.

I enjoy watching them but you could see they left a lot in reserve in last two games for this decider. A good plan of attack because it worked.

Forza Fred
04-10-2023, 09:59 AM
Monty’s old side, Central Coast Mariners just beat Stallions Laguna of the Phillipines 9-1 in their Asian Cup tie at a very wet Gosford.

Mariners replaced Monty with the ex Manager of relegated MK Dons…whose name escapes me.

Difference in ability of the two sides clearly indicated by the score line….and but for the woodwork and a few miraculous goal line clearances the difference could have been even greater.

Forza Fred
20-10-2023, 08:23 AM
New A League season kicks off tonight (Friday) with Monty’s old team Central Coast Mariners away to Adelaide.
Players to watch?

I dunno, but the diminutive Josh Nisbet gets through a power of work and is highly rated by his team mates, and full back Jacob Farrell can crack concrete in the tackle.

On the Adelaide side 17 year old Irakunda can score some crackers and is already attracting European attention but he won’t be going anywhere until he turns 18.

No doubt now I’ve suggested them….they’ll all have mares!

andrew70
20-10-2023, 08:28 AM
New A League season kicks off tonight (Friday) with Monty’s old team Central Coast Mariners away to Adelaide.
Players to watch?

I dunno, but the diminutive Josh Nisbet gets through a power of work and is highly rated by his team mates, and full back Jacob Farrell can crack concrete in the tackle.

On the Adelaide side 17 year old Irakunda can score some crackers and is already attracting European attention but he won’t be going anywhere until he turns 18.

Looking forward to watching the game especially Irankunda.

Keyser Sauzee
20-10-2023, 08:38 AM
Players to watch?

Really looking forward to this kicking off again. Used to watch a lot of the A-League but lost track over the last couple years. Making a point of taking in as many games as I can this season.

tonyrougier123
20-10-2023, 09:11 AM
Not seeing much worth hibs going for in this mariners side.
Nathan Paull maybe?🤷*♂️young defender.

tonyrougier123
20-10-2023, 09:20 AM
66 for Adelaide 17yrs old,he looks a talent and the full back madanha 19 both look good.

Forza Fred
20-10-2023, 09:55 AM
Not seeing much worth hibs going for in this mariners side.
Nathan Paull maybe?🤷*♂️young defender.

Mariners literally lost half their team in the close season….not to mention their coaching trio!

Think they are rattled after the two forced substitutions

Bridge hibs
21-10-2023, 06:40 AM
Macarthur 1 Brisbane 1 ended, decent game and end to end

Melbourne City v Western United just started, am I imagining it or has Jamie McLaren munched a few pies close season as looks a bit podgy

Also, Melbourne play in blue strips but their ground is all green seating

Forza Fred
21-10-2023, 08:44 AM
Macarthur 1 Brisbane 1 ended, decent game and end to end

Melbourne City v Western United just started, am I imagining it or has Jamie McLaren munched a few pies close season as looks a bit podgy

Also, Melbourne play in blue strips but their ground is all green seating

They don’t OWN the ground.

None of the clubs own their ‘home’ grounds.

Forza Fred
21-10-2023, 08:47 AM
Sydney v Melbourne Victory just kicked off.

One of the biggest games on the A League calendar.

04Sauzee
28-10-2023, 10:36 AM
Western Sydney Wanderers giving Western Utd a hiding, 5-0 and in the last minutes of the game now

Bridge hibs
29-10-2023, 07:33 AM
Adelaide 1 Melbourne City 0, Irankunda exciting winger/forward with a cracking free kick, only his second A league game and he is very lively, will be keeping an eye out for him, he just had a second effort from distance deflected over the bar

Edit - 2-0 OG

04Sauzee
29-10-2023, 07:55 AM
Adelaide 1 Melbourne City 0, Irankunda exciting winger/forward with a cracking free kick, only his second A league game and he is very lively, will be keeping an eye out for him, he just had a second effort from distance deflected over the bar

Edit - 2-0 OG

Watching the game , unfortunately missed the beginning. It looks like Irankuda scored 5 goals in 22 appearances last season. Decent starts for someone so young.

Bridge hibs
29-10-2023, 08:08 AM
Watching the game , unfortunately missed the beginning. It looks like Irankuda scored 5 goals in 22 appearances last season. Decent starts for someone so young.I misheard the commentators as I thought they said it was only his second A league appearance, didnt realise he played a few games for Adelaide last season. His Australia U17 goals tally is quite impressive too

Bridge hibs
29-10-2023, 08:31 AM
Also noted a couple of good young Keepers, Paulson from Wellington (New Zealander) and Gauci (Australian) with Adelaide

Bridge hibs
29-10-2023, 08:40 AM
3-0 Adelaide, McLaren missed a pen earlier when 2-0 down

Bridge hibs
29-10-2023, 08:45 AM
4-0 Adelaide, quite a doing for Melbourne City

Bridge hibs
29-10-2023, 08:52 AM
5-0 Adelaide

Bridge hibs
29-10-2023, 08:57 AM
6-0 Adelaide

04Sauzee
29-10-2023, 09:12 AM
Musa Toure another 17 year old looks a real prospect on that showing.

Bridge hibs
29-10-2023, 09:15 AM
Musa Toure another 17 year old looks a real prospect on that showing.Think I heard them say there are three Brothers, maybe more and all footballers

PatHead
31-10-2023, 11:36 AM
How are Monty's old team doing this season?

CapitalGreen
31-10-2023, 11:52 AM
How are Monty's old team doing this season?

Not great.

Forza Fred
11-11-2023, 07:11 AM
Adelaide v Sydney on shortly.

Hope I don’t put the mockers on him, but keep an eye out for Adelaide’s keeper Joe Gauci.

He improves every season and has been named in the Socceroo squad for the World Cup matches next week, having got his first call up not long ago.

Could he be the answer for us?

bingo70
11-11-2023, 07:31 AM

Hope I don’t put the mockers on him, but keep an eye out for Adelaide’s keeper Joe Gauci.

He improves every season and has been named in the Socceroo squad for the World Cup matches next week, having got his first call up not long ago.

See he used to play for Central Coast Mariners as a youngster as well so every chance we’d be interested if he’s good.

Sorry if already posted but see some Australian wonder kid is to join Bayern Munich. Wee bit surprised the few is only £3m but that’s based purely on a highlights reel, you’ll know better than me if that’s a fair price or not?

04Sauzee
11-11-2023, 08:33 AM

Said last week he looked very good. Watching him today he seems a bit nervous with the ball at his feet and although I'm definitely not a GK I thought he could have done better for the first goal.

Forza Fred
11-11-2023, 08:47 AM
Said last week he looked very good. Watching him today he seems a bit nervous with the ball at his feet and although I'm definitely not a GK I thought he could have done better for the first goal.

If he saved the first one..a rocket into the top corner from just inside the box he’d more likely end up playing for Real Madrid than Hibs!

0-4 at half time, but it’s his defenders that need shooting.

04Sauzee
11-11-2023, 08:51 AM
If he saved the first one..a rocket into the top corner from just inside the box he’d more likely end up playing for Real Madrid than Hibs!

0-4 at half time, but it’s his defenders that need shooting.

Like I say I'm no GK but I'm going to disagree 😁
Looked to me he almost made himself smaller and didn't get off the ground.

Like I say think this is maybe the 3rd time I remember seeing him and on the other 2 occasions I have been very impressed.

Forza Fred
11-11-2023, 08:58 AM
See he used to play for Central Coast Mariners as a youngster as well so every chance we’d be interested if he’s good.

Sorry if already posted but see some Australian wonder kid is to join Bayern Munich. Wee bit surprised the few is only £3m but that’s based purely on a highlights reel, you’ll know better than me if that’s a fair price or not?

Irankunda of Adelaide United.

He’s not playing tonight as he got red carded last week and is suspended.

He’s only 17 and Bayern have been connected with him for a while but they can’t sign him until he’s 18.

Definitely a top prospect, and has electric pace and can turn a game in an instant, but obviously he’s only 17, so who knows if he’ll be the next Messi or end up back in Oz in a couple of years like Kuol’s brother.

The market dictates what’s a fair price I guess……..Over in Scotland the complaint is that English clubs undervalue and offer peanuts for most Scottish players…and while you could ‘pick up a bargain’ once upon a time in Oz…..with European clubs now actively patrolling the scene……the quality bargain basement signings are drying up for clubs like Hibs.

04Sauzee
11-11-2023, 09:14 AM

He’s only 17 and Bayern have been connected with him for a while but they can’t sign him until he’s 18.

Definitely a top prospect, and has electric pace and can turn a game in an instant, but obviously he’s only 17, so who knows if he’ll be the next Messi or end up back in Oz in a couple of years like Kuol’s brother.

The market dictates what’s a fair price I guess……..Over in Scotland the complaint is that English clubs undervalue and offer peanuts for most Scottish players…and while you could ‘pick up a bargain’ once upon a time in Oz…..with European clubs now actively patrolling the scene……the quality bargain basement signings are drying up for clubs like Hibs.
Like the look of Mousa Toure also. Only 17 and on the occasions I have seen him he comes on from the bench and looks a talent.

Bridge hibs
11-11-2023, 09:33 AM

What sort of transfer fees are sloshing around the A league, ins and outs ?

Forza Fred
11-11-2023, 05:03 PM
What sort of transfer fees are sloshing around the A league, ins and outs ?

The A League does not have transfers between A League clubs.

Yes…no internal transfers.

The only transfers are when somebody goes overseas.

Jordan Bos went to Westerlo from Melbourne City for $2million and Marco Tilio went to Celtic from Melbourne City for close to $2million.(And no, I don’t think Tilio is up to much)

Just like in Scotland, most transfer fees are not divulged, and if I nominated a figure, in most cases I’d be guessing….but lots of players left at the end of last season……not just to Europe….but to the likes of Saudia Arabia, Japan …India etc etc.

The rumour…and I stress rumour, was that Hibs paid $500,000 orb$600,000 for Miller when they signed him from Macarthur a couple of seasons ago.

Forza Fred
11-11-2023, 05:06 PM
Like I say I'm no GK but I'm going to disagree 😁
Looked to me he almost made himself smaller and didn't get off the ground.

Like I say think this is maybe the 3rd time I remember seeing him and on the other 2 occasions I have been very impressed.

Watch the replay……he certainly got off the ground.

Bridge hibs
11-11-2023, 05:24 PM

Jordan Bos went to Westerlo from Melbourne City for $2million and Marco Tilio went to Celtic from Melbourne City for close to $2million.(And no, I don’t think Tilio is up to much)

Just like in Scotland, most transfer fees are not divulged, and if I nominated a figure, in most cases I’d be guessing….but lots of players left at the end of last season……not just to Europe….but to the likes of Saudia Arabia, Japan …India etc etc.

The rumour…and I stress rumour, was that Hibs paid $500,000 orb$600,000 for Miller when they signed him from Macarthur a couple of seasons ago.

Cheers for that, wow totally forgot Tillio went to celtc, to be honest from what Ive seen of him in the A league he doesnt look that great

bingo70
11-11-2023, 05:37 PM

I was just going to pull you up about the last bit. I thought Miller was effectively signing for MacArthur froM CCM when we hijacked the deal? If there’s no internal transfers how could that have happened?

CapitalGreen
11-11-2023, 05:50 PM
I was just going to pull you up about the last bit. I thought Miller was effectively signing for MacArthur froM CCM when we hijacked the deal? If there’s no internal transfers how could that have happened?

Out of contract.

04Sauzee
11-11-2023, 05:56 PM
Watch the replay……he certainly got off the ground.

Sorry when i didn't make myself perfectly clear, he hardly got of the ground and as I said in my initial post it was just my opinion. Our opinions differ and that's cool 😁

Forza Fred
11-11-2023, 10:50 PM

Pull Away!

Yep, as suggested on another post……

The last A League team Miller actually played for was Central Coast Mariners, but his contract had expired and he had signed with Macarthur when Hibs came in for him.

He never kicked a ball for Macarthur, but was their player when we signed him, and they were quite happy to get the fee.

Incidentally, a similar thing happened when Hearts signed Cammy Devlin from Newcastle just after his move from Wellington Phoenix.

Forza Fred
11-11-2023, 10:57 PM
Sorry when i didn't make myself perfectly clear, he hardly got of the ground and as I said in my initial post it was just my opinion. Our opinions differ and that's cool 😁

Yep.

I’d just add that I’m not advocating we sign him….but just add him to our ‘watch list’ as a possible, as he has improved and is on the international scene now.

One goalie I would have signed though a few months ago..was out of contract Tom Glover from Melbourne City.

We had him on trial a couple of years ago when he was still attached to Spurs, but on loan in Oz, but didn’t sign him.

He too has improved since then and signed at the end of last season with Middlesbrough.

Meantime, we signed Wollacot.

Northernhibee
12-11-2023, 10:19 AM
CCM lose again.

Forza Fred
13-11-2023, 12:59 AM
CCM lose again.

Table is a bit topsy turvy to last year at the moment I guess.

Sydney Fc and Melbourne City both sacked their coaches in the past few weeks.

Not unexpected for the Mariners who literally lost half of last season’s team, and Melbourne City who were not far behind that in departures.

Feel a bit sorry for the Mariners coach coming into a team who had just been crowned champions, but had lost not only half the team, but the main backroom staff too.

lyonhibs
13-11-2023, 07:42 AM
No internal transfers are allowed in the A League? I am reading that right?

Seems a bit bonkers no?

Unseen work
13-11-2023, 08:53 AM
Table is a bit topsy turvy to last year at the moment I guess.

Sydney Fc and Melbourne City both sacked their coaches in the past few weeks.

Not unexpected for the Mariners who literally lost half of last season’s team, and Melbourne City who were not far behind that in departures.

Feel a bit sorry for the Mariners coach coming into a team who had just been crowned champions, but had lost not only half the team, but the main backroom staff too.

What are your thoughts on the players linked to Hibs?

Seen some mention

Tulio
Nisbet or Ballard
Farrell

As all potentially coming.

I’ve only seen small amounts of CCM games, Tulio was the one that impressed me whenever I saw him with his skill/technique.

04Sauzee
13-11-2023, 10:10 AM

Seen some mention

Tulio
Nisbet or Ballard
Farrell

I’ve only seen small amounts of CCM games, Tulio was the one that impressed me whenever I saw him with his skill/technique.

Haven't heard Ballard's name being mentioned before, not a name I even recognise. What position does he play?

King Cosell
13-11-2023, 10:26 AM

Seen some mention

Tulio
Nisbet or Ballard
Farrell

Would Tulio get a work permit? He's Brazilian, arrived in Australia last year, with 5 Brazil U17 caps?

Bridge hibs
13-11-2023, 10:35 AM
Haven't heard Ballard's name being mentioned before, not a name I even recognise. What position does he play?

22 yo midfielder with 50 odd games under his belt for CCM, never heard of him either to be fair

CapitalGreen
13-11-2023, 10:50 AM
Would Tulio get a work permit? He's Brazilian, arrived in Australia last year, with 5 Brazil U17 caps?

It’s very easy to get a work permit from the SFA, hence why a team in Scotland would be attractive to the owner of an EPL team. Any player who fails to get the requisite number of GBE points for an automatic visa gets appealed through an SFA exemptions panel which is essentially a wave through process - I’ve not heard of any player failing to be a WP in the Scotland since the new rules came into play.

Forza Fred
13-11-2023, 12:54 PM
No internal transfers are allowed in the A League? I am reading that right?

Seems a bit bonkers no?

Yes, you are reading that right.

Can’t remember the original reason for that but presume it was seen as inflationary…….the A League’s predecessor the NSL went bust partly because of inflationary pressures where a new team came in paying much higher salaries, then couldn’t sustain it and went bust a few seasons later.
The league was always under capitalised, but the clubs just ran out of money basically, and teams were going broke every season.

The feeling is now that allowing transfers in the A League may help boost clubs by money circling within the league, but we’ll see what happens.

The A League is very much struggling financially, and the crunch will come when the current tv deal expires in a couple of years.

You have to understand I guess, that football is not the main sport in Oz…..not even the second, and if you count cricket, not even the third…..so tv companies are not fighting each other for the tv rights.

Forza Fred
13-11-2023, 01:21 PM
I’ll try and answer the questions posed, and offer my opinion on the players….keep in mind it’s just my opinions and people may see things differently….although I have followed the Mariners pretty closely.
1 I have no idea if Tillio would get a work permit….nor if he would want to play in Scotland.

He’s a good player imho…..not a star that will be a top scorer in Scotland but a good player.

2 Nisbet…a pocket sized dynamo in midfield with a fair bit of skill…..but he’s about 5’3”..and although a tough wee guy, I’m pretty sure most Scottish clubs would be hesitant to sign him because of his small stature. Mind you, he’s worthy of consideration, definitely.

3 Ballard…I would be surprised if many clubs wanted to sign him in Scotland, and surprised to see his name here…but as I say it’s about opinions.

4 Farrell…..Hibs have been aware of Farrell for a couple of years, and I know Monty thinks highly of him.
He’s a member of the under 23’s and an excellent prospect at left back.
A shy, quiet laddie, he is good going forward and can put in some crunching tackles.
Some may see him currently as being a bit raw for regular SPL football, but he is definitely someone I’d like to see Hibs sign before someone else does.

5 Kaltak. The first Vanuatu player in the A League and a hero in his home country…even his prime minister came to watch him in the Grand Final.
A rugged centre half who puts his body on the line every game.
Not sure how he’d go in Scotland though speed wise…and dunno how he’d fancy Scotland in the winter tbh.
One thing you could guarantee though is 100% effort.

Most of these guys are pretty good….but sometimes I think some supporters expect any signings from overseas to be ‘messiahs’ and are disappointed if they are the same level as the existing squad or just a wee bit better.

There are no ‘superstars’ there but certainly good professional players…and in Farrell a definite future prospect if handled right.

Unseen work
13-11-2023, 02:16 PM
I’ll try and answer the questions posed, and offer my opinion on the players….keep in mind it’s just my opinions and people may see things differently….although I have followed the Mariners pretty closely.
1 I have no idea if Tillio would get a work permit….nor if he would want to play in Scotland.

He’s a good player imho…..not a star that will be a top scorer in Scotland but a good player.

2 Nisbet…a pocket sized dynamo in midfield with a fair bit of skill…..but he’s about 5’3”..and although a tough wee guy, I’m pretty sure most Scottish clubs would be hesitant to sign him because of his small stature. Mind you, he’s worthy of consideration, definitely.

3 Ballard…I would be surprised if many clubs wanted to sign him in Scotland, and surprised to see his name here…but as I say it’s about opinions.

4 Farrell…..Hibs have been aware of Farrell for a couple of years, and I know Monty thinks highly of him.
He’s a member of the under 23’s and an excellent prospect at left back.
A shy, quiet laddie, he is good going forward and can put in some crunching tackles.
Some may see him currently as being a bit raw for regular SPL football, but he is definitely someone I’d like to see Hibs sign before someone else does.

5 Kaltak. The first New Caledonian player in the A League and a hero in his home country…even his prime minister came to watch him in the Grand Final.
A rugged centre half who puts his body on the line every game.
Not sure how he’d go in Scotland though speed wise…and dunno how he’d fancy Scotland in the winter tbh.
One thing you could guarantee though is 100% effort.

Most of these guys are pretty good….but sometimes I think some supporters expect any signings from overseas to be ‘messiahs’ and are disappointed if they are the same level as the existing squad or just a wee bit better.

There are no ‘superstars’ there but certainly good professional players…and in Farrell a definite future prospect if handled right.

Cheers Forza.

I think the person that mentioned Balard to me probably just got mixed up with Nisbet.

Farrell when I’ve seen him has reminded me a bit of Callum Booth, don’t know if it’s his height/build!

bingo70
13-11-2023, 02:41 PM
It’s very easy to get a work permit from the SFA, hence why a team in Scotland would be attractive to the owner of an EPL team. Any player who fails to get the requisite number of GBE points for an automatic visa gets appealed through an SFA exemptions panel which is essentially a wave through process - I’ve not heard of any player failing to be a WP in the Scotland since the new rules came into play.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/local-sport/livingston-boss-admits-frustration-over-30678534.amp

It’s rare but it can happen. Livingston signing got rejected for a WP in the summer.

Forza Fred
25-11-2023, 03:26 AM
Two local derbies coming up today

Central Coast v Newcastle
Watch out for Farrell, Nisbet and Tullio of Mariners

Followed by the big Sydney derby..Sydney v Western Sydney.

It’s pretty wet in Sydney and Gosford so we could be in for a slippery time.

Forza Fred
25-11-2023, 06:33 AM
Half time 1-0 to Mariners

Super assist from Farrell.

Dmas
25-11-2023, 06:45 AM
Half time 1-0 to Mariners

Super assist from Farrell.

Was a cracking ball in, always involved looks a player, great last ditch tackle from Nisbet there as well, not sure about tullio playing well but he’s more of that deep lying forward monty looks to play but the looks of him not sure we are that desperate for that type of player

Forza Fred
25-11-2023, 07:36 AM
Was a cracking ball in, always involved looks a player, great last ditch tackle from Nisbet there as well, not sure about tullio playing well but he’s more of that deep lying forward monty looks to play but the looks of him not sure we are that desperate for that type of player

I’m not sure Tullio could cope with the pace of the Scottish game tbh.

I have little doubt that Farrell will be the next Mariner to go overseas.

Nisbet is a good player…it’s only his size that puts clubs off going for him I think.

Iain G
25-11-2023, 09:33 AM
Good result for the Nix, great save by Paulsen from MacLaren penalty. An upcoming goalkeeper we should keep an eye on?!

Bridge hibs
25-11-2023, 09:38 AM
Good result for the Nix, great save by Paulsen from MacLaren penalty. An upcoming goalkeeper we should keep an eye on?!

Ive mentioned Paulson earlier on this thread, out of all the Goalkeepers Ive seen in the A league he seems to have something about him

Iain G
25-11-2023, 11:16 AM
Ive mentioned Paulson earlier on this thread, out of all the Goalkeepers Ive seen in the A league he seems to have something about him

After Sail leaving, it's good to see the replacement is even more impressive.

ChilliEater
25-11-2023, 12:58 PM
After Sail leaving, it's good to see the replacement is even more impressive.

Sail has been awful at Glory and has lost his place to Cam Cook.

Forza Fred
21-12-2023, 12:07 PM
For those interested in former Hibs players in Oz.

The squad for the Asian Cup will be announced in 10 hours.

One notable omission will be Jamie MacLaren who has not been selected.

Keyser Sauzee
21-12-2023, 05:41 PM
For those interested in former Hibs players in Oz.

The squad for the Asian Cup will be announced in 10 hours.

One notable omission will be Jamie MacLaren who has not been selected.

I seen an interview with him earlier today when he was asked about this and he came across rather bitter tbh which is disappointing as I really like Jamie Maclaren.

Stubbsy90+2
21-12-2023, 10:12 PM
I seen an interview with him earlier today when he was asked about this and he came across rather bitter tbh which is disappointing as I really like Jamie Maclaren.

From the outside looking in, you can’t blame him.

andrew70
21-12-2023, 10:16 PM
Miller and Boyle in the squad.

Forza Fred
21-12-2023, 10:30 PM
Miller and Boyle in the squad.

Yep.

Big surprise is Tilio.

Arnie abandoning his previous mantra of ‘they have to be playing regularly at their club to get selected’ by including him.

Bridge hibs
22-12-2023, 04:48 AM

Och he will be fine when he is banging them in for New Zealand Black Knights Fc in the A league soon and then he will get his call up 😀

Stubbsy90+2
22-12-2023, 07:55 AM
Surprised to see CCM up in second place. Read on here they’d had a horror start so they must really be motoring now.

04Sauzee
22-12-2023, 08:20 AM
Surprised to see CCM up in second place. Read on here they’d had a horror start so they must really be motoring now.

Hit a bit of form as the form table below shows, also scoring a few goals

https://i.ibb.co/vmGBS51/Screenshot-2023-12-22-09-19-01-97-40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg (https://ibb.co/y51RrT0)

Iain G
22-12-2023, 10:45 AM
Och he will be fine when he is banging them in for New Zealand Black Knights Fc in the A league soon and then he will get his call up 😀

The Auckland Zombies, or whatever they are going to to be called!

andrew70
23-12-2023, 05:20 AM
1-0 Wellington Phoenix with 5 minutes to go against Western Sydney. Old timer Kosta Barbarouses with the goal.

Bridge hibs
23-12-2023, 05:23 AM
2-0 Wellington, cracking goal

andrew70
23-12-2023, 05:23 AM
2-0 on the counter. Benjamin Old

Bridge hibs
23-12-2023, 05:24 AM
2-0 on the counter. Benjamin Old

Been a good game

JohnM1875
23-12-2023, 05:25 AM
Been a good game

First half was brutal.

Had over 1.5 goals though so keeps the coupon alive

andrew70
23-12-2023, 05:28 AM
Been a good game

Yes, I enjoyed it. Will catch first wee bit of Sydney game before bus to Dingwall.

andrew70
23-12-2023, 05:36 AM
1-0 Western United. Thurgate

Bridge hibs
23-12-2023, 05:54 AM
1-0 Western United. Thurgate

Thats a cracking stadium Sydney play in

Bridge hibs
23-12-2023, 05:55 AM
First half was brutal.

Had over 1.5 goals though so keeps the coupon alive

The dug was taking me for a walk so missed the first half 😃

andrew70
23-12-2023, 05:56 AM
Thats a cracking stadium Sydney play in

It sure is. I’ve been to it for a game back in. 2015.

1-1 Fabio

Bridge hibs
23-12-2023, 05:56 AM
1-1 Fabio

Bridge hibs
23-12-2023, 05:58 AM

1-1 Fabio

Yeah seemingly just been rebuilt according to the commentators

andrew70
23-12-2023, 06:10 AM
2-1 Sydney Lolley

Aldo
23-12-2023, 06:38 AM
So easy as Rodwell makes it 3

Bridge hibs
23-12-2023, 06:45 AM
So easy as Rodwell makes it 3

Rodwell has actually had a decent career in England, 3 caps for the national team too. Im sure there was a Rodwell who played for a lower league English team we were linked with a few years ago but he was a Striker

Or I could be totally mistooken 😄

Aldo
23-12-2023, 07:23 AM
Rodwell has actually had a decent career in England, 3 caps for the national team too. Im sure there was a Rodwell who played for a lower league English team we were linked with a few years ago but he was a Striker

Or I could be totally mistooken [emoji1]

Cannot remember who that would be.

Lolley makes it 4-2. Decent second half

Bridge hibs
23-12-2023, 07:39 AM
Cannot remember who that would be.

Lolley makes it 4-2. Decent second half

Yeah think it was my imagination, I thought it was a striker from the likes of Grimsby or that level and that surname stuck in my mind for some reason

Aldo
23-12-2023, 07:42 AM
Yeah think it was my imagination, I thought it was a striker from the likes of Grimsby or that level and that surname stuck in my mind for some reason

I think it’s Alex Rodman you are thinking off so not far off with name etc!

Bridge hibs
23-12-2023, 07:44 AM
I think it’s Alex Rodman you are thinking off so not far off with name etc!

Aldo you are a life saver, that would have been on my mind all day, yeah thats the one, must have been the Rod connection, ****ing Petrie !! 😡🤣🤣

Steve-O
25-12-2023, 07:02 AM

1-1 Fabio

The one you went to was demolished and rebuilt from scratch.

andrew70
25-12-2023, 02:18 PM
The one you went to was demolished and rebuilt from scratch.

Ah I see. It was a decent stadium I went to. Surprised they had to demolish it. Was a cracking way to spend Boxing Day too. The standard has improved a lot since then I have to say.

Sproule Three
26-12-2023, 08:20 AM
Ah I see. It was a decent stadium I went to. Surprised they had to demolish it. Was a cracking way to spend Boxing Day too. The standard has improved a lot since then I have to say.

I’d say the complete opposite .
Standard has deteriorated hugely in last 5 years
I’ve been attending games regularly since the league started

Forza Fred
26-12-2023, 10:15 AM
I’d say the complete opposite .
Standard has deteriorated hugely in last 5 years
I’ve been attending games regularly since the league started

Aye, yon Sydney Fc you watch have went downhill fast……

bingo70
26-12-2023, 10:26 AM
Aye, yon Sydney Fc you watch have went downhill fast……

Is that the team that’s part of the City group? Are they not getting much benefit from that partnership then?

Iain G
26-12-2023, 11:47 AM
Is that the team that’s part of the City group? Are they not getting much benefit from that partnership then?

No its Melbourne City who are part of the City Group.

Squizz
27-12-2023, 03:18 PM

Anthony Pavlesic - still maturing but will be a very good keeper. His elder brother plays for Sydney FC. Probably not a fair price as Australians as a rule are undervalued until they perform in Europe.

Forza Fred
28-12-2023, 05:30 AM
Anthony Pavlesic - still maturing but will be a very good keeper. His elder brother plays for Sydney FC. Probably not a fair price as Australians as a rule are undervalued until they perform in Europe.

Think the post was referring to Nestory Irakunda of Adelaide United who they ended up signing and loaned back to Adelaide for the rest of the season.

Think the young goalkeeper from theMariners Academy was already signed by Bayern.

HUTCHYHIBBY
28-12-2023, 06:03 PM
Hat trick for MacLaren in an 8-1 win.

Forza Fred
28-12-2023, 09:53 PM
Hat trick for MacLaren in an 8-1 win.

Brisbane…whose coach Ross Aloisi resigned after just 8 months to take up a position in China earlier in the week….seemed in total disarray and demotivated.

Could have been more but for some good work from their goalkeeper.

Wasn’t a good look.

04Sauzee
29-12-2023, 09:15 AM
Watching Sydney FC Vs Wellington Phoenix just now , Sydney currently 1-0 up and should probably be further ahead. In saying that there have been a couple of good performances in the Phoenix side, Ben Old had looked very good and

04Sauzee
29-12-2023, 09:16 AM
Watching Sydney FC Vs Wellington Phoenix just now , Sydney currently 1-0 up and should probably be further ahead. In saying that there have been a couple of good performances in the Phoenix side, Ben Old had looked very good and Bozhidar Kraev has had a good game. I know nothing about these guys and if they have been decent recently or if this is a one of performance.

04Sauzee
29-12-2023, 09:26 AM
1-1, Ben Old sets up a fantastic counter.

04Sauzee
29-12-2023, 09:30 AM
2-1 Sydney, not great from the Phoenix keeper.

Forza Fred
29-12-2023, 09:49 AM
Watching Sydney FC Vs Wellington Phoenix just now , Sydney currently 1-0 up and should probably be further ahead. In saying that there have been a couple of good performances in the Phoenix side, Ben Old had looked very good and Bozhidar Kraev has had a good game. I know nothing about these guys and if they have been decent recently or if this is a one of performance.

Probably the best I’ve seen Ben Old play

He certainly had a good game, even though he ended up on the losing side.

Iain G
29-12-2023, 12:43 PM
2-1 Sydney, not great from the Phoenix keeper.

Paulsen has been really good this season!

Forza Fred
30-12-2023, 07:34 AM
Adelaide v Melbin Victory coming up.

Two players to watch…both with Adelaide.

Irakunda, who is on the bench but has been signed by Bayern Munich, and
Joe Gauci..the goalie, going away to the Asian Cup with the Socceroos and tipped as the Socceroos next regular goalie after Ryan retires.

bingo70
30-12-2023, 08:09 AM
Adelaide v Melbin Victory coming up.

Two players to watch…both with Adelaide.

Irakunda, who is on the bench but has been signed by Bayern Munich, and
Joe Gauci..the goalie, going away to the Asian Cup with the Socceroos and tipped as the Socceroos next regular goalie after Ryan retires.

Any players surprisingly not playing in today’s matches that could be on the move (to us)?

A name that has been mentioned a lot is Josh Nisbet, was he close to the Australia squad for the Asia cup?

Forza Fred
30-12-2023, 08:20 AM
Any players surprisingly not playing in today’s matches that could be on the move (to us)?

A name that has been mentioned a lot is Josh Nisbet, was he close to the Australia squad for the Asia cup?

You’ll see him on Hogmanay when the Mariners play Perth.

Arnie hasn’t had him in a squad…but then again there are a few midfielders from European clubs who generally play there.

Nisbet has been outstanding in the A League though.

Forza Fred
30-12-2023, 08:23 AM
Great save from Gauci!

ChilliEater
30-12-2023, 11:22 AM
You’ll see him on Hogmanay when the Mariners play Perth.

Arnie hasn’t had him in a squad…but then again there are a few midfielders from European clubs who generally play there.

Nisbet has been outstanding in the A League though.

As a Perth Glory supporter, it saddens me to say that completely dominating the midfield and having half a dozen score involvements will still be no indication of whether or not he's any good :embarrass

04Sauzee
31-12-2023, 07:08 AM
Josh Nisbet starts for CCM in the televised game this morning as does Jacob Farrell.

Aldo
31-12-2023, 07:29 AM
Superb pass from Nisbet and very good finish from Farrell. 1-1

04Sauzee
31-12-2023, 07:33 AM

Nisbet just looks like a very good player in this league.

Bridge hibs
31-12-2023, 07:34 AM

That was a great pass from Nisbet and a neat finish from Farrell, Nisbet when he has been involved has been quite tidy, gets mucked in and always looks for the ball and has rarely passed the ball backwards, seems to want to get his forward players involved

Aldo
31-12-2023, 07:35 AM
Nisbet just looks like a very good player in this league.

He does and as I mentioned in another post he’s got a bit of everything about him.

Winston Ingram
31-12-2023, 07:37 AM
Josh Nisbet starts for CCM in the televised game this morning as does Jacob Farrell.

Seems to be playing further forward as a 10 today.

Aldo
31-12-2023, 07:38 AM
That was a great pass from Nisbet and a neat finish from Farrell, Nisbet when he has been involved has been quite tidy, gets mucked in and always looks for the ball and has rarely passed the ball backwards, seems to want to get his forward players involved

Was indeed.

I wouldn’t mind the lad Farrell at ER too.

Aldo
31-12-2023, 07:42 AM
2-1

Bodies everywhere there

04Sauzee
31-12-2023, 07:47 AM

Think that's where he has been playing recently, obviously played in a midfield 2 for Montgomery but haven't seen him in a 2

scoopyboy
31-12-2023, 07:49 AM
Nisbet and Farrell both playing well, equaliser really good between the two of them.

Aldo
31-12-2023, 07:52 AM
Think what I like about Nisbet is once he has the ball his head is up either looking for the pass or looking to drive forward.

Farrell also having a good game

Forza Fred
31-12-2023, 08:01 AM
Was indeed.

I wouldn’t mind the lad Farrell at ER too.

Hibs have been aware of Farrell since May 2022, but as far as I am aware have yet to make a move for him.

He has a very close relationship with Montgomery however, so maybe that will change things.

My humble opinion has been for some time now that Nisbet and Farrell would both be smart acquisitions.

Aldo
31-12-2023, 08:11 AM
Hibs have been aware of Farrell since May 2022, but as far as I am aware have yet to make a move for him.

He has a very close relationship with Montgomery however, so maybe that will change things.

My humble opinion has been for some time now that Nisbet and Farrell would both be smart acquisitions.

I think you’ve mentioned this before FF. [emoji1303]

Hopefully the ships not sailed as I’m sure other clubs will be monitoring them both.

04Sauzee
31-12-2023, 08:20 AM

What do you think of Balard? Think he's looked decent this game. To similar to what we already have?

Forza Fred
31-12-2023, 08:58 AM
I think you’ve mentioned this before FF. [emoji1303]

Hopefully the ships not sailed as I’m sure other clubs will be monitoring them both.

I was wrong about the May 2022 bit.

It was actually April 2022.

Forza Fred
31-12-2023, 09:01 AM
What do you think of Balard? Think he's looked decent this game. To similar to what we already have?

Ballard is an ok A League player, and I would think he would continue to be one for a few years yet.

bingo70
31-12-2023, 09:06 AM
Ballard is an ok A League player, and I would think he would continue to be one for a few years yet.

Sorry Forza, this is a bit like a Q&A with you here but who was the young midfielder who was linked to us before but the deal apparently fell through because his dad had health problems?

Think he may have been from Liverpool (but had Australian family) or came through the Liverpool youth ranks or something?

CapitalGreen
31-12-2023, 09:12 AM
Sorry Forza, this is a bit like a Q&A with you here but who was the young midfielder who was linked to us before but the deal apparently fell through because his dad had health problems?

Think he may have been from Liverpool (but had Australian family) or came through the Liverpool youth ranks or something?

Jake Brimmer

Forza Fred
31-12-2023, 09:16 AM
Jake Brimmer

Yep was indeed.

Farrell awarded MOM for tonight’s game btw…deservedly so

bingo70
31-12-2023, 09:33 AM
Jake Brimmer

Cheers, not sure about his dad’s health issues now but I wonder if he is someone we are looking at again. See he is out of contract in the summer.

Forza Fred
31-12-2023, 10:08 AM
Cheers, not sure about his dad’s health issues now but I wonder if he is someone we are looking at again. See he is out of contract in the summer.

He was out injured for a while but back playing with Melbourne Victory who are top of the league.

From what I can gather…..and I could be 100% wrong, he is not particularly interested in a move overseas, and is happy at Victory.

My opinion…..which again could be 100% wrong.is that he wouldn’t be much of an improvement on what we’ve got.

ChilliEater
31-12-2023, 01:09 PM
He was out injured for a while but back playing with Melbourne Victory who are top of the league.

From what I can gather…..and I could be 100% wrong, he is not particularly interested in a move overseas, and is happy at Victory.

My opinion…..which again could be 100% wrong.is that he wouldn’t be much of an improvement on what we’ve got.

Having watched him at the Glory, my opinion is that he's the Aussie Danny Handling - so probably pretty similar to yours :greengrin

Winston Ingram
31-12-2023, 01:53 PM
Think that's where he has been playing recently, obviously played in a midfield 2 for Montgomery but haven't seen him in a 2

He played more as a 6 under Monty

Keyser Sauzee
31-12-2023, 02:08 PM
Great save from Gauci!

Early days but he looks like he will have a really good career in the game. Might be worth trying to get him as Marshall’s replacement

04Sauzee
31-12-2023, 02:13 PM
Early days but he looks like he will have a really good career in the game. Might be worth trying to get him as Marshall’s replacement

Still has 2.5 years left on a contract, think he's in and around the Australian squad, even now he'd probably cost a fair amount.

Forza Fred
31-12-2023, 10:13 PM
Still has 2.5 years left on a contract, think he's in and around the Australian squad, even now he'd probably cost a fair amount.

Yep the days of a hopeful Aussie teenager turning up for a trial with his boots and a toy kangaroo tucked under his arm are long gone.

These days there are usually multiple suitors to choose from.

In fact, when it comes to promising young talent going overseas, clubs like Hibs need to get in a bit early before approaches are made from more cashed up clubs like Bundesliga or even English clubs who are now picking the promising talent.

That increases the risk of signing duds no doubt, but leave it too late and the top prospects are out of our price range.

Just on players going overseas….as much as the ‘relative standard’ of the A League occasionally gets a critical mention on here,when you look at the steady high volume export of its best or promising players to various parts of the globe.it’s a wonder the A League has many players of any quality left in its ranks at all!

Mariners for example have lost literally more than half a team to overseas clubs since they won the Championship 6 months ago, with possibly a couple more to go this window, as an example of the ‘leakage’.

Squizz
01-01-2024, 02:37 AM

Jackson has him playing as a 10. In the post game he said he was enjoying the role but it got a bit boring not being involved as much. TBH a LB of Farrell a LW of Boyle and a 10 of Nisbet would work very well.

Forza Fred
01-01-2024, 07:14 AM
Jackson has him playing as a 10. In the post game he said he was enjoying the role but it got a bit boring not being involved as much. TBH a LB of Farrell a LW of Boyle and a 10 of Nisbet would work very well.

Guess we’ll have to wait and see if there is a move for either…..although while the transfer window is now open in Scotland, it doesn’t open in Australia until 11 January…so presumably we’ll have to wait until at least then.

CCM4LIFE
02-01-2024, 03:46 PM
Guess we’ll have to wait and see if there is a move for either…..although while the transfer window is now open in Scotland, it doesn’t open in Australia until 11 January…so presumably we’ll have to wait until at least then.

You don't think Nizzy would get smashed in this league?

Bridge hibs
02-01-2024, 03:56 PM

Does he get smashed in the A league ?

CCM4LIFE
02-01-2024, 03:58 PM
Does he get smashed in the A league ?
He's a pro at milking fouls, but Scottish refs let a lot more go from what I can see.

Bridge hibs
02-01-2024, 04:00 PM
He's a pro at milking fouls, but Scottish refs let a lot more go from what I can see.

To be honest Scottish refs, or the majority are just hopeless, I like Nisbet and I think he could hold his own, he is clever

Forza Fred
03-01-2024, 11:05 PM

Think any discussion now is purely academic.

Recent statements from Monty tend to suggest there will be no movement for anyone in Oz.

Maybe in the summer window

Iain G
04-01-2024, 05:38 AM

I think we could sign him and register him as soon as our window opened, the one in Aussie will also be just for signing new players and not impact on those departing.

Forza Fred
04-01-2024, 05:44 AM
I think we could sign him and register him as soon as our window opened, the one in Aussie will also be just for signing new players and not impact on those departing.

Yep, it was explained earlier.

But as I say…….it’s pretty Acamedic now anyway, judging by Monty’s recent comments if there is any transfer activity of ours in Oz, it’s much more likely to be in the summer window than this one.

Unseen work
04-01-2024, 06:19 AM
Yep, it was explained earlier.

But as I say…….it’s pretty Acamedic now anyway, judging by Monty’s recent comments if there is any transfer activity of ours in Oz, it’s much more likely to be in the summer window than this one.

Where are these comments? Not saw anything where he’s alluded to that?

Cheers

04Sauzee
13-01-2024, 06:28 AM
Watching CCM Vs Melbourne Victory and Nisbet looking decent again. I wonder where he will end up playing next season.

Also been impressed with Ballard the last couple of times I have seen him play.

Forza Fred
13-01-2024, 07:43 AM
Where are these comments? Not saw anything where he’s alluded to that?

Cheers

Monty has emphasised on a few occasions that while he would like to bring players in this window, it can only be what the budget will allow.

My interpretation is that there isn’t much dosh available this window..and again my interpretation is that while I’m pretty sure Monty would like to buy Nisbet this window, the money the Mariners would want just wouldn’t be sanctioned.

Of course I could be wrong, but that’s my interpretation from his repeated mentioning of ‘the budget’

Bridge hibs
13-01-2024, 07:47 AM
Monty has emphasised on a few occasions that while he would like to bring players in this window, it can only be what the budget will allow.

My interpretation is that there isn’t much dosh available this window..and again my interpretation is that while I’m pretty sure Monty would like to buy Nisbet this window, the money the Mariners would want just wouldn’t be sanctioned.

Of course I could be wrong, but that’s my interpretation from his repeated mentioning of ‘the budget’What would Nisbet cost ?

04Sauzee
13-01-2024, 08:00 AM
What would Nisbet cost ?

Good question, out of contact in 5 or 6 months time. He's going to be 25 this summer so no longer just a young player. No caps at senior level although a few at U23 and under 150 appearances for the CMM 1st team.

Johnny_Leith
13-01-2024, 08:13 AM

Of course I could be wrong, but that’s my interpretation from his repeated mentioning of ‘the budget’

What're your thoughts on josh nisbet and how he'd transition to life in Scottish football?

From what I've seen he's tidy in the ball but not a standout in the league and he puts himself about a wee bit but I'm not convinced that he'd be able to mix it here.

hibee-boys
13-01-2024, 09:52 AM
Anyone know if the Australia v India game is being broadcast over here, if so, what channel?

Big90inOz
13-01-2024, 11:24 AM
Anyone know if the Australia v India game is being broadcast over here, if so, what channel?

Watching in Oz, first 45 is a bore fest. Australia getting numerous corners but very poor delivery into the box.

Forza Fred
13-01-2024, 11:27 AM
What're your thoughts on josh nisbet and how he'd transition to life in Scottish football?

From what I've seen he's tidy in the ball but not a standout in the league and he puts himself about a wee bit but I'm not convinced that he'd be able to mix it here.

You are entitled to your opinion, although I disagree with you.

Johnny_Leith
13-01-2024, 11:32 AM
You are entitled to your opinion, although I disagree with you.

Yeah of course, do you see him as a stand out in the A league then? Believe he'd be a good signing at Hibs then?

First choice in our midfield? Genuine questions, you've likely seen more of him than the 10 games or so I've seen him play.

easty
13-01-2024, 11:35 AM

I’ve been watching it on the bet365 app

Forza Fred
13-01-2024, 11:38 AM
Yeah of course, do you see him as a stand out in the A league then? Believe he'd be a good signing at Hibs then?

First choice in our midfield? Genuine questions, you've likely seen more of him than the 10 games or so I've seen him play.

Yes, yes and possibly.

Forza Fred
13-01-2024, 10:17 PM
What would Nisbet cost ?

The impossible question!

He is deemed almost irreplaceable by the home support who have seen literally more than half a team sold since the end of last season’s championship winning season.

Just as Scotland does not get what it should for players due to pre conceived bias …think John McGinn going to Aston Villa for only 2-75 million and his true value now, so does Oz.(And, no I’m not suggesting Nisbet is anywhere near as good as McGinn, just giving an example of the biased thinking of the EPLtowards players in Scotland).

There is an increasing cry in Oz for clubs not to sell players for what is seen as ‘peanuts’.

Oz doesn’t have an internal transfer system, so things like how long a player has on his contract don’t really resonate with supporters
to any degree….they simply see it as a player being sold.

Then they read that Jordan Bos went to Westerloo in Belgium from Melbourne City for close to 2 million dollars, and Marco Tillio from the same club went to Celtic for over a couple of million dollars…and they ask themselves……’why would we sell Nisbet for less, if they can get that for them’?

A Mariners support base would scream if Nisbet was sold for what they would regard as a pittance, and Hibs supporters would call for Kensell’s sacking if they paid what I think they would need to satisfy the locals.

The ‘relative values’ of the two clubs are beyond coming to a compromise imho.

Nisbet’s contract ends in June, and I would think it is likely, although have no inside knowledge, that Hibs will try to sign him then, thus avoiding a transfer fee.

Mind you, pretty sure other clubs will too.

04Sauzee
19-01-2024, 08:06 AM
Clayton Taylor playing for Newcastle Jets this morning. There is supposedly a Scottish club looking at him.bAberdeen fans confident it's them.

Brightside
19-01-2024, 08:08 AM

Surely wouldn’t be more than 200k

ChilliEater
19-01-2024, 08:27 AM
Interesting development in the A League today. My team, Perth Glory, are in all sorts of financial trouble (as is the whole league) - the previous owner relinquished control, the deal for new owners to take over fell through and the short term running of the club is being done by the Australian Professional Leagues (I think they're an equivalent of the SPFL). Anyway, they've been instructed today, by the APL, to loan one of their better players, Salim Khelifi, to another A league team, identity, as yet, unknown.

ozwoody
19-01-2024, 11:17 AM
Interesting development in the A League today. My team, Perth Glory, are in all sorts of financial trouble (as is the whole league) - the previous owner relinquished control, the deal for new owners to take over fell through and the short term running of the club is being done by the Australian Professional Leagues (I think they're an equivalent of the SPFL). Anyway, they've been instructed today, by the APL, to loan one of their better players, Salim Khelifi, to another A league team, identity, as yet, unknown.

The A league is in all sorts of bother.
Perth and Newcastle in dire financial straits, the " unite " round was massive failure, the women's games in unite round barely registered 12,000 attendance over 6 games.

The APL have laid off 50% of staff and have dumped a digital platform that cost them $40 million to implement.

I believe there was talk of A league coming back under FFA control but the FFA want no part of it

Forza Fred
19-01-2024, 09:35 PM
Surely wouldn’t be more than 200k

Celtic allegedly paid close to 10 times that for Tillio, so I don’t think the Mariners would be selling him for what most of their fans would consider ‘peanuts’.

Even Miller cost more than that a couple of years ago, and he was only 21 and still unknown to many.

I think the Mariners would put a a much, much larger value on him.

Forza Fred
19-01-2024, 10:10 PM

The A League has been a financial basket case since it kicked off tbf.

As someone who has followed Oz fitba since even pre NSL times…..talk of ‘financial crisis’ is just another case of deja vu.

Newcastle are in exactly the same boat as Perth….haven’t had an owner for a while now and not allowed to sign any players, and I reckon Western United and Macarthur play to ACTUAL crowds, not reported ones, that wouldn’t even match Forfar’s crowds most weeks.

Not one club operates at a profit…and I can’t think of a time when any did.

It costs an estimated 12 million dollars or so a year to run a club, and tv revenues go no where near that.

The A League commenced in 2005 with much fanfare about having the clubs all ‘full time’, but I admit I am amazed they have managed to keep doing that while a succession of owners throw millions at the clubs.

Not sure it can last for ever.

Greenio
19-01-2024, 10:18 PM
It's an odd one with the low crowds given how popular football is. Esp with the young kids. Although tbh they are all fans of the global superstar players rather than the local clubs

CapitalGreen
19-01-2024, 11:05 PM
Celtic allegedly paid close to 10 times that for Tillio, so I don’t think the Mariners would be selling him for what most of their fans would consider ‘peanuts’.

Even Miller cost more than that a couple of years ago, and he was only 21 and still unknown to many.

I think the Mariners would put a a much, much larger value on him.

Does he not only have 5 months remaining on his contract?

Forza Fred
20-01-2024, 02:38 AM
Does he not only have 5 months remaining on his contract?

He does, but that doesn’t mean a huge deal in Oz, where there are no internal transfers.

The Mariners chairman is already under fire for selling half of the title winning squad, and it’s not just Hibs fans who don’t understand the harsh financial realities of football…..there would be pitchforks and torches out at Gosford if Nisbet was sold for what would be deemed to be a pittance.

I think it’s more than likely that Nisbet is going to move on when his contract expires…but the Mariners have made the decision to hold on to him until the end of the season unless a ‘too good to refuse’ offer is received.

Hibs on the other hand, if interested in him, ……and I don’t know if they are…..would already have made it known to him they will sign him when he comes off contract….and pay nowt.

Forza Fred
21-01-2024, 08:10 AM
Central Coast Mariners 2 v Melbourne City 1

Man of the Match awarded to………..Josh Nisbet

04Sauzee
21-01-2024, 08:29 AM
Central Coast Mariners 2 v Melbourne City 1

Man of the Match awarded to………..Josh Nisbet

He looked good again on the ball, can do everything tackle, break the lines, carry the ball and he's got some engine on him, up and down the park in that heat. I do wonder where he will end up next season.

Some stramash near the end as well 😁

Forza Fred
21-01-2024, 09:09 AM
He looked good again on the ball, can do everything tackle, break the lines, carry the ball and he's got some engine on him, up and down the park in that heat. I do wonder where he will end up next season.

Aye..the Mariners sub was red carded…then came back on at full time looking for a square go!

greenlex
21-01-2024, 02:29 PM

Sounds exactly what we need but right now.

Forza Fred
21-01-2024, 10:14 PM
Sounds exactly what we need but right now.

Aye, but seems there is no dosh in the transfer kitty.

Makes you wonder what picture was presented to Monty in regard to available money for reinforcements when they went through the interview process.