PDA

View Full Version : Ipad help

Allant1981
20-10-2018, 09:39 AM
Looking for some help, we bought our son an ipad off ebay and it arrived yesterday, the previous owners email address is still on the icloud part and we cant out my sons details into anything as the other address comes up, is there an easy way to get his details off without a password, the previous owner is not for giving it out which is understandable. im not very good with aplle stuff as ive always had android. hope all that makes sense!!

Lemonade
20-10-2018, 09:45 AM
Looking for some help, we bought our son an ipad off ebay and it arrived yesterday, the previous owners email address is still on the icloud part and we cant out my sons details into anything as the other address comes up, is there an easy way to get his details off without a password, the previous owner is not for giving it out which is understandable. im not very good with aplle stuff as ive always had android. hope all that makes sense!!

The seller should have wiped it before sending it.

Report it to eBay and PayPal and get a refund as its not as described (I assume)

Allant1981
20-10-2018, 09:50 AM
yeah it should have been wiped, seems like most things have been reset apart from this, i messaged the person and was told "google it"

Mr_F
20-10-2018, 09:59 AM
They can remove it remotely from another device that they’re logged into

Allant1981
20-10-2018, 10:40 AM
ive messaged the person and asked him to remove it so hopefully that works, he just doesnt seem very helpful unfortunately

Lemonade
20-10-2018, 11:13 AM
ive messaged the person and asked him to remove it so hopefully that works, he just doesnt seem very helpful unfortunately

You will be covered by eBay even if the seller says that they don't accept returns.

Its not as described and unusable . eBay will refund you and then take the it back from the seller.

calumhibee1
20-10-2018, 11:35 AM
Can you not just do a reset to factory settings and set it up as a new iPad?

Settings - General - Reset - Erase all content and settings

McD
20-10-2018, 11:44 AM
They can remove it remotely from another device that they’re logged into

Can you not just do a reset to factory settings and set it up as a new iPad?

Settings - General - Reset - Erase all content and settings

Both of these will work.

id also be taking it up with eBay anyway, as the seller hasn’t provided it to you as described, and is refusing to rectify that. Raise a claim.

Also make sure to leave negative feedback

Allant1981
20-10-2018, 12:28 PM
Both of these will work.

id also be taking it up with eBay anyway, as the seller hasn’t provided it to you as described, and is refusing to rectify that. Raise a claim.

Also make sure to leave negative feedback

yeah i done that but it says enter your apple id password to erase this ipad and as this guys name is still on it then my laddies password doesnt work

patch1875
20-10-2018, 03:31 PM
Yep get it escalated with eBay soon as he sees that he will sort it out.

HibbyDave
22-10-2018, 09:19 PM
For Xmas I got my son an I pad, got my daughter an I phone and for my wife I got an I-Ron

Ggtth