PDA

View Full Version : Test For Yams Tomorrow

Dashing Bob S
19-10-2018, 09:22 PM
A'deen could be a tough one.

Not In The Know
19-10-2018, 09:27 PM
Not really. Thought the dons were guff at ER.

Yep I know we didn’t beat them.

Sir David Gray
19-10-2018, 09:36 PM
A'deen could be a tough one.

It will be interesting to see how they cope without Berra and Souttar at the back plus Ikpeazu up front although Aberdeen haven't impressed me so far so the smart money would be on Hearts.

Ozyhibby
19-10-2018, 09:49 PM
Not really. Thought the dons were guff at ER.

Yep I know we didn’t beat them.

They were terrible though. Still don’t know how they went through.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19-10-2018, 10:06 PM
A bore draw.

StevesFamau5
19-10-2018, 10:32 PM
Has 0-0 written all over it haha. Or maybe wee Lionel Naismith will score a hat trick....... Or maybe naw

green with envy
19-10-2018, 10:38 PM
Another thread starter....Isn't it about time there was a dedicated page on here due to the amount of interest in these cants.

Tornadoes70
19-10-2018, 10:45 PM
I think its more of a test for aberdeen to be honest. The yams have rode their usual jammy luck with a huge slice of collum like referee good fortune (Killie sending off that wasn't even a foul) and they're due a big dose of skittery leveinery crapdom. My money would be on the dons if I was still a gambler at a reasonable 2/1 but football is sometimes very unpredictable and I wouldn't put my mortgage on it even though I no longer pay a mortgage.

Mon the dandy dons the morra while we take at least a point from Parkhead.

Mon the Cabbage!!!

:flag:

Nicho87
19-10-2018, 11:21 PM
If hearts win it’s going to be it shows what quality we have available now.

If hearts don’t win it will be due to injuries to the superstars that are out

Borderhibbie76
19-10-2018, 11:28 PM
Better Sheep teams than this one have struggled at Tiny Tynie so I'd reckon the Yams are favs for 2moro - obviously hope I'm wrong tho

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Baader
20-10-2018, 12:15 AM
Isn't Aberdeen's record at a Tiny pretty bad? Not particularly impressed by them - probably expect the manky mob to beat them still.

Austinho
20-10-2018, 12:18 AM
Another thread starter....Isn't it about time there was a dedicated page on here due to the amount of interest in these cants.Yup, a ‘generic hearts’ thread would be better. With the word ‘yam’ banned too...

sauzee=legend
20-10-2018, 05:07 AM
Aberdeen will come down to the bus shelter, time waste after 1 minute and park the bus....
Give them 0-0 right now, they would gladly snap it out of your hand.

telford hibbee
20-10-2018, 05:32 AM
Aberdeen will come down to the bus shelter, time waste after 1 minute and park the bus....
Give them 0-0 right now, they would gladly snap it out of your hand.
you forgot to say foul at every opportunity, wait a minute is that hertz i am thinking about . crime count for this one could be interesting

lyonhibs
20-10-2018, 06:02 AM
Hearts seem to have the Indian sign over Aberdeen at Tynecastle of late.

I also think that Aberdeen are ***** so I'd expect a Hearts win sadly.

bingo70
20-10-2018, 06:12 AM
Another thread starter....Isn't it about time there was a dedicated page on here due to the amount of interest in these cants.

There’s a whopping three threads on the first page about Hearts.

One talking about their main stand shambles that has been ongoing for months, in fact probably years.

One talking about two of their best players facing lengthy lay offs, a topic worthy of discussion IMO.

then there is this one, a thread talking about two teams playing each other that are likely to be serious competitors for a European place this season, again comeetley worth discussion.

If you don’t like the threads on hearts, don’t open them?!

As for today’s game at Tynecastle, my prediction is fouls and lots of them. They should just not bother with a ball and just have a big pagger, last man standing wins.

Onceinawhile
20-10-2018, 06:49 AM
Hope they both kick each other off the pitch like they both do to us.

A suspension or injury to their next in line centre backs would be good too.

Since90+2
20-10-2018, 07:19 AM
Hearts have only beaten Aberdeen once in the last 8 games so I'm not sure why everyone is so confident of a Hearts win. Aberdeen are at their best when the game is condensed , its when a game gets stretched they struggle and that's unlikely to happen at Tynecastle.

Low score draw or a narrow away win for me.

SouthMoroccoStu
20-10-2018, 07:29 AM
Hearts faced their toughest test so far this season in the last round of games and embarrassed and tore a new one by a mediocre rangers team

And yes, I remember they played Celtic but that day Celtic rested at least 6 first teamers in the hope of making the next round of the champions league

Aberdeen are not the same team as they were a few seasons ago but they still have quality players and a very very well organised defence - Naismith will have a quiet day

I can’t see Hearts getting a win today

Either way, this will not be a classic

Smartie
20-10-2018, 07:29 AM
Hope they both kick each other off the pitch like they both do to us.

A suspension or injury to their next in line centre backs would be good too.

Aye, this'll be one for the purists.

Hoof, grunt, unggh, ooft, ouch, thump, boof etc

They should do a set piece only ticket, where you can just head down to Tynecastle every time there's a corner, free kick or penalty, as there is unlikely to be much of interest at any other time.

Meanwhile, open all mics will be salivating.

Steve20
20-10-2018, 07:33 AM
Aberdeen don’t win there.

Hearts at odds against has to be part of people’s bets this weekend. It was robbery that Aberdeen didn’t leave Easter Road with two heavy defeats this season.

Itsnoteasy
20-10-2018, 07:46 AM

Agree 100%

bingo70
20-10-2018, 07:55 AM
Agree 100%

Apart from this one there is only two other threads?

Each of them merit their own discussion? If they didn’t people wouldn’t reply to the threads.

Why don’t you just not open the thread?

Carheenlea
20-10-2018, 07:57 AM
Test for Hearts

You have three stands with 12,000 seats, build another with 7,000 seats. How many seats do you have?

sauzee=legend
20-10-2018, 08:02 AM
23,000 😂😂😂

NORTHERNHIBBY
20-10-2018, 08:06 AM
They are missing three big players. The true test for them is how they cope when it looks like the wheels are falling off.

southern hibby
20-10-2018, 08:35 AM
23,000 😂😂😂

Answers like that make me think you went to a Hertz school for
Maths. 😉

GGTTH

sauzee=legend
20-10-2018, 08:54 AM
you forgot to say foul at every opportunity, wait a minute is that hertz i am thinking about . crime count for this one could be interesting

Crime count - there will be that many it will appear on crimewatch soon!!

Ged
20-10-2018, 08:56 AM
I'll be happy if we end the day within 3 points of them so we can overtake them by beating them at the PBS.

nonshinyfinish
20-10-2018, 08:58 AM

Yeah, it's a total mystery why anyone would be interested in a game involving our arch rivals and current competitors for top spot.

Hibee87
20-10-2018, 09:23 AM
I'm interested. Not only because of the table, but I just stuck a quid on match result and BTTS on Aberdeen, hibs, Aston villa and Hull for 1700 back 😂

R'Albin
20-10-2018, 09:40 AM
There’s a whopping three threads on the first page about Hearts.

One talking about their main stand shambles that has been ongoing for months, in fact probably years.

One talking about two of their best players facing lengthy lay offs, a topic worthy of discussion IMO.

then there is this one, a thread talking about two teams playing each other that are likely to be serious competitors for a European place this season, again comeetley worth discussion.

If you don’t like the threads on hearts, don’t open them?!

As for today’s game at Tynecastle, my prediction is fouls and lots of them. They should just not bother with a ball and just have a big pagger, last man standing wins.

Exactly.

I can't see anything other than a draw today. The Sheep have started fairly poorly but they've only lost twice, once with 10 men all game and the other at Celtic Park. Hearts are strong at home but I still think quality wise they're fairly similar to last season - the reason for their great start was getting their players in early IMO.

Bristolhibby
20-10-2018, 09:46 AM
Industrial hammer throwing football will be the real winner here today.

Please can it be 0-0 just to show how brutal these teams are.

J

Austinho
20-10-2018, 09:52 AM
Aberdeen don’t win there.

Hearts at odds against has to be part of people’s bets this weekend. It was robbery that Aberdeen didn’t leave Easter Road with two heavy defeats this season.Aberdeen have won 3 times at Tynecastle in the last 3 years. Although I do think Hearts will win this one.

CentreLine
20-10-2018, 09:54 AM
Always interested in what other teams are doing around us. Threads like this are what forums are all about. For example, if we lose to Celtic tomorrow and The rangers overtake us on goal difference, we could very well find ourselves in 6th place after this weekend. I’m thinking Livingston beat Dundee, Kilie win against St Mirren and Hearts stay ahead of us by virtue of our loss.

A win, on the other hand, has the potential to place us top of the pile and with a bit of momentum. Curse the international break, we rarely perform at our best immediately after these enforced breaks.
C’mon Hibs! Let’s put ourselves top, the alternative is a whole lot less palatable 👍🏻

Bristolhibby
20-10-2018, 10:41 AM
Industrial hammer throwing football will be the real winner here today.

Please can it be 0-0 just to show how brutal these teams are.

J

Keith_M
20-10-2018, 10:49 AM
Don't we have an even bigger test?

Dashing Bob S
20-10-2018, 10:52 AM
Test for Hearts

You have three stands with 12,000 seats, build another with 7,000 seats. How many seats do you have?

400,000?

SirDavidsNapper
20-10-2018, 12:02 PM
Said at the start when Aberdeen were struggling that they'll still be in the mix at the end of the season. They are a very streetwise side and have a manager who knows how to grind out results. Wouldn't surprise me at all if they got a result today and I'm still more concerned about them than i am Hearts.

blackpoolhibs
20-10-2018, 12:09 PM
I think Aberdeen will win this one, they are starting to come together now and Herts are *****.

Keith_M
20-10-2018, 01:15 PM
I think Aberdeen will win this one, they are starting to come together now and Herts are *****.

TBF, the Maroon Balloons are top of the league. They even beat Celtc.

So, 4-0 to Aberdeen.

mutley
20-10-2018, 02:49 PM
2-0 HT, seems that they are passing the test !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

heretoday
20-10-2018, 02:55 PM
According to Willie Miller the ball's went from one end to the other!

Pete
20-10-2018, 02:56 PM
Aberdeen are absolutely pathetic when they play either Hearts or Rangers. They might as well just turn up, take their trousers down and present themselves.

Bloody disgrace. We’ll show these bottlers how to get stuck in about that bunch of flat track bullies.

Dashing Bob S
20-10-2018, 02:57 PM
Hearts-Celtic two horse race. :wink:

Ozyhibby
20-10-2018, 02:59 PM
Aberdeen are just not very good this season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

renato
20-10-2018, 03:11 PM
Penalty to the sheep. Goal

GreenCastle
20-10-2018, 03:55 PM
11 yellow cards between the two dirtiest teams in the league.

Bishop Hibee
20-10-2018, 04:02 PM
Hertz away to Dundee on Tuesday. Likely they’ll go into the derby 8 points ahead of us.

G B Young
20-10-2018, 04:08 PM
Hertz away to Dundee on Tuesday. Likely they’ll go into the derby 8 points ahead of us.

Better make sure we win the derby then! Things can change again very quickly as we'll have a game in hand on them and could quickly get back to two points behind them as they face Celtic away after the derby.

Pretty Boy
20-10-2018, 04:22 PM
Hearts are a decent team. They are, Livingston excepted, beating the teams you'd expect them to be beat, they've beaten Celtic and Aberdeen and lost at Ibrox; that won't be a rarity for teams this season.

I don't think it makes you a great Hibs fan to pretend Hearts are rubbish and just repeating it doesn't make it true. They are a good team, we are a good team and, as always, the derby is huge. After todays results and given you'd think Hearts will win midweek it's put a wee bit pressure on us.

Big games like this are what being a fan is all about and I can't wait.

Callum_62
20-10-2018, 04:36 PM
Wait until you see there penalty though

I though Steven Macleans one a few weeks ago when he threw his leg into the keeper was as bad a call as it gets - I was wrong

hibIBZ
20-10-2018, 04:44 PM
The Derby takes on a new importance after today’s results. Hearts despite their style are very effective and will win most home games and be hard to beat away from home. That doesn’t change that I think we are the better team when we get it right. We need our injured players back and new signings up to speed as soon as

Keith_M
20-10-2018, 05:26 PM
OK, they passed that test with flying colours. Hopefully this will put to bed the childish comments of them not being as good as they think they are.

It's down to Hibs to show that we can give a decent challenge. If we can get past this run of some of our best players being out injured, we might have a chance.

where'stheslope
20-10-2018, 06:09 PM
They got slaughtered in Glasgow 2 weeks ago, it was our turn this week, in football it happens, they picked up this week, we must next week!!!
Onwards and upwards!!!!

SingaporeHibs
20-10-2018, 06:15 PM
There couldn’t be a better next game for us. Bring it on GGTTH

Borderhibbie76
20-10-2018, 06:35 PM
Crucial that Lennon selects the right team at Tiny...something he's failed to do on 3 occasions already...please play to our strengths this time and not theirs

CentreLine
20-10-2018, 07:01 PM
Crucial that Lennon selects the right team at Tiny...something he's failed to do on 3 occasions already...please play to our strengths this time and not theirs

I suppose he has to pick a team that can try to break down a bunch of hammer throwers on a small patch of grass. An environment that is more suited to kick and rush football, especially when the grass is kept long and or the surface muddy. On this occasion it will be the grass.

In these circumstances our manager has to make decisions and put out the team he thinks can deal with it. We can all have opinions but NL is quite possibly the best managers in the country. I think we have to trust him, the players certainly seem to.

JohnM1875
20-10-2018, 07:04 PM
I'm 30 and still can't understand why our record there is so bad. We could start with Messi and Ronnie upfront and still end up losing. Hate a derby at Tiny.

I don't thing it's a must win. But I do think it's a must not lose.

Famous Fiver
20-10-2018, 07:19 PM
Sellout at the PBS today.

Some mistake, surely?

DickieDastardly
20-10-2018, 08:14 PM
Hearts are a decent team. They are, Livingston excepted, beating the teams you'd expect them to be beat, they've beaten Celtic and Aberdeen and lost at Ibrox; that won't be a rarity for teams this season.

I don't think it makes you a great Hibs fan to pretend Hearts are rubbish and just repeating it doesn't make it true. They are a good team, we are a good team and, as always, the derby is huge. After todays results and given you'd think Hearts will win midweek it's put a wee bit pressure on us.

Big games like this are what being a fan is all about and I can't wait.
Help ma boab a common sense post about Edinburgh’s two teams, to the gallows with ye....

Libby Hibby
20-10-2018, 09:30 PM
F&c£ the Hearts

Eyrie
20-10-2018, 09:37 PM
F&c£ the Hearts

No thanks. Imagine what you'd catch from them …

CMurdoch
21-10-2018, 02:16 AM
Watched the 2nd half of their game today on Alba.
Two very physical teams fighting it out.
An interesting watch.

Naysmith was getting wired in, pestering the referee and winding up his markers.
They looked a very committed team. No flair but grafters.

In 10 days time we will need to be strong at the back and keep it on the ground middle to front.
A 50/50 game that we can win if we can impose our game on them.
Think we can exploit their lack of Berra & Soutter which leaves them vulnerable to a bit of guile.

21-10-2018, 07:21 AM
11 yellow cards between the two dirtiest teams in the league.

45 fouls and Levein said afterwards it was a great advert for Scottish football.

where'stheslope
21-10-2018, 11:38 AM
45 fouls and Levein said afterwards it was a great advert for Scottish football.

Aberdeen had the most fouls, and McInnes said they were not aggressive enough???
11 bookings and no red card????
Aberdeen fan banjos Dunne With a sound mike and stand when he goes to collect the ball????
So, it does sound like it was a game that had everything!!!!!

Famous Fiver
21-10-2018, 05:51 PM
Everything other than a sell out crowd bigger than ER.

Big team my er*e.