PDA

View Full Version : Hearts injury woes

grammyb111
18-10-2018, 09:05 AM
Uche and Souttar both out long-term. Not going to help their title bid...

Smartie
18-10-2018, 09:06 AM
Anyone else heard John Robertson is out for the derby?

Green_one
18-10-2018, 09:06 AM

Big loss but we have heard their injury period estimates before :confused:

Austinho
18-10-2018, 09:07 AM
Wee shame.

cleanyman
18-10-2018, 09:08 AM
That's a sore one

5 months? Must be a bad

Either way they have a big enough squad. Uche looked a unit so I'm not too disappointed.

duffers
18-10-2018, 09:09 AM
If I could choose 2 players to miss the derby, it wouldn’t be those 2. Ikpeazu would have spent the evening in the stand with us after his first meeting with Porto

GreenArmyyy!
18-10-2018, 09:11 AM
Brilliant news for us going in to the derby.

1van Sprou7e
18-10-2018, 09:13 AM
That's a sore one

5 months? Must be a bad

Either way they have a big enough squad. Uche looked a unit so I'm not too disappointed.

Souttar would probably be my first pick tbf

Austinho
18-10-2018, 09:15 AM
Levein's 1960's-esque pre season training regime coming back to haunt them already?

Diclonius
18-10-2018, 09:15 AM
That's a massive loss for them, especially with Berra already out. Hopefully we can use it to our advantage.

Treadstone
18-10-2018, 09:18 AM
The revisionism in July 2019 will be biblical.

BILLYHIBS
18-10-2018, 09:19 AM
Will their new stand and changing rooms be ready before they come back? :greengrin

horseflesh
18-10-2018, 09:22 AM
Levein's 1960's-esque pre season training regime coming back to haunt them already?

First thing that went through my mind!

TheHarpy76
18-10-2018, 09:22 AM
Massive blow for them and a huge boost for us.

To be fair, I’d be absolutely raging if we lost one of our own players long term, playing for that sorry excuse of a national team we have.

JeMeSouviens
18-10-2018, 09:24 AM
Who's Uche? Every time (not often) I see Hearts, I hardly know who any of them are. I know it's the way of modern football but they don't half take it to extremes.

CapitalGreen
18-10-2018, 09:25 AM
A big blow for Hearts but I have seen us fail to turn up at Tynie against a bunch of teenagers who weren't getting paid so I'm not going to allow myself to get overconfident based on this news.

Michael
18-10-2018, 09:27 AM
Who's Uche? Every time (not often) I see Hearts, I hardly know who any of them are. I know it's the way of modern football but they don't half take it to extremes.

Impossible to keep up when they buy a new squad each transfer window.

calumhibee1
18-10-2018, 09:28 AM
Don’t have a clue who that leaves them with or who Uche even is. Impossible to keep track with a team that signs a new squad every window.

Hiber-nation
18-10-2018, 09:29 AM
A big blow for Hearts but I have seen us fail to turn up at Tynie against a bunch of teenagers who weren't getting paid so I'm not going to allow myself to get overconfident based on this news.

I can still see Rowan Vine at the end of the game shrugging his shoulders to the Hibs support amidst a chorus of boos, as if to say "what more could I do?". Horrible day.

GreenCastle
18-10-2018, 09:29 AM
You have to ask questions of the Hearts staff surely?

Earlier in season Lafferty was made to continue when it was clear he was struggling in the Bet Fred Cup game away to Raith.

Berra has had previous with head injuries and coming back from concussion very quickly - March derby for example.

Ikpeazu played against Rangers after been out for several games - obviously a desperate move and one which has back fired.

Souttar has hardly had a rest since coming back from achilles injury. Playing for the numpty national team must make it worse for the yam fans also.

Djoum last season - also tried to play him when he wasn't right = long term injury.

There is a trend here...

yonder1875
18-10-2018, 09:38 AM
If I could choose 2 players to miss the derby, it wouldn’t be those 2. Ikpeazu would have spent the evening in the stand with us after his first meeting with Porto

Which two Hibs players do you think Hearts fans would want to miss the derby through injury? I think they’d go with Kamberi and Milligan.

Danderhall Hibs
18-10-2018, 09:38 AM
So they’ll be back for the title run in?

SonOfDavidFrancey
18-10-2018, 09:39 AM
The trend is usually that they will mysteriously
recover in time for next midweek.

No sympathy for them, I have been nice about Nade. They will still have a decent side out.

Danderhall Hibs
Don’t have a clue who that leaves them with or who Uche even is. Impossible to keep track with a team that signs a new squad every window.

Naismith and MacLean.

Not In The Know

I would pick those two tbh.

No coincidence they dropped points with livi when the battering ram was out.

Nae joy is what I say. Not like we played half our games so far without our two main central defenders, Flo and Jamie Mac.

Col2
Massive blow. With Berra not back until Feb and these guys probably March/April and Lafferty away to the Huns, it rips them apart.

They did buy about 87 players so will have numbers but MacLean leading line and no Souter and Berra at back will mean they are significantly weaker.

Haring needs a hernia op so he is next to be out for a couple of months.

Couldn’t happen to a nicer club. **** them and I hope it destroys all the confidence they have as they tumble down the table and get cuffed in the league cup. GIRUY.

Danderhall Hibs
18-10-2018, 09:41 AM
Souttar would probably be my first pick tbf

Just the next one on their conveyor belt of hype. The Sunday times had him down as a £10m player last weekend.

Billy Whizz
18-10-2018, 09:42 AM
Massive blow. With Berra not back until Feb and these guys probably March/April and Lafferty away to the Huns, it rips them apart.

They did buy about 87 players so will have numbers but MacLean leading line and no Souter and Berra at back will mean they are significantly weaker.

Haring needs a hernia op so he is next to be out for a couple of months.

Couldn’t happen to a nicer club. **** them and I hope it destroys all the confidence they have as they tumble down the table and get cuffed in the league cup. GIRUY.
Saying on kickback that Berra will be back in 4-6 weeks

Onceinawhile
18-10-2018, 09:43 AM
Believe it when I see it.

Uche hadn't trained for 9 months or something before the Rangers game and then played (costing them the first goal in the process).

But if Berra and Souttar are genuinely both out of the derby, that's good news for us.

Liam_Hibs
18-10-2018, 09:43 AM
They'll be happy that they've already won the title then. 😉

Borderhibbie76
18-10-2018, 09:45 AM
Levein's 1960's-esque pre season training regime coming back to haunt them already?Aye those Gullane sand dunes seemed like a great idea at the time [emoji85]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Col2
18-10-2018, 09:49 AM
Hearts now have the excuse ready for only scraping a top 6 finish by saying “if it wasn’t for those key injuries we would have won the treble”

Just like “if it wasn’t for Vlad sacking Burley we would have won the league”

And further back “if it wasn’t for that coward Levein hiding in the toilet at Dens in May 1986 we would have won the league”

Smartie
18-10-2018, 09:52 AM
Hearts now have the excuse ready for only scraping a top 6 finish by saying “if it wasn’t for those key injuries we would have won the treble”

And further back “if it wasn’t for that coward Levein hiding in the toilet at Dens in May 1986 we would have won the league”

"If it wisnae fur these extra fingers ah could come wi youse oan a Setirday!"

mvteng
18-10-2018, 09:53 AM
Which two Hibs players do you think Hearts fans would want to miss the derby through injury? I think they’d go with Kamberi and Milligan.

Milligan and Mallan for me

calumhibee1
18-10-2018, 09:55 AM
They’ll be crying on their balcony’s in Bulgaria.

Hibee87
18-10-2018, 09:58 AM
I would be more inclined to believe them this time. Normally it is a 'few weeks' their players are 'out' for before a derby before the miraculous recovery, going on record to say 5 months (2 weeks before the game) is pretty concrete evidence they will both be out for a considerable time imo.

Ive no idea who they have in replacement and as far as I can tell half the players they did sign have not yet featured, so who knows who will be coming in to replace who.

All I know, man for man and both fully fit teams I would say on paper we have the overall better squad. My only gripe will be Lennon changing things when going to tiny which seems to have been the case last season when there was no need to.

neil7908
18-10-2018, 10:03 AM
Lucky for them they have signed about 100 players this summer

18-10-2018, 10:03 AM
They whinge about their bad luck with injuries but I say it is their dirty overly aggressive style of play that comes at a cost. Ikpeazu is a prime example, gets away with a foul on Carson which leads to them getting the winning goal but ends up with a long term injury. Getting their just deserts if you ask me.

Tynie01011973
18-10-2018, 10:07 AM

Earlier in season Lafferty was made to continue when it was clear he was struggling in the Bet Fred Cup game away to Raith.

Berra has had previous with head injuries and coming back from concussion very quickly - March derby for example.

Ikpeazu played against Rangers after been out for several games - obviously a desperate move and one which has back fired.

Souttar has hardly had a rest since coming back from achilles injury. Playing for the numpty national team must make it worse for the yam fans also.

Djoum last season - also tried to play him when he wasn't right = long term injury.

There is a trend here...

They did it with Mitchell as well.
Levein was saying he was okay to play then went back to Man U and their medical staff ruled him out for 4 months or so.

JeMeSouviens
18-10-2018, 10:11 AM

It turns out Uche and Ikpeazu (aka their latest giant huddy up front) are the same guy!

Not In The Know
18-10-2018, 10:11 AM
Levein was saying he was okay to play then went back to Man U and their medical staff ruled him out for 4 months or so.

Thats a very good point!

Cutbacks for the new stand mean they must just lookup the NHS website for diagnosis's.

Had a look on Bokeback they are all greeting this never happens to us! See my previous post about Hanlon, Mcgregor, Mclaren and Flo. This season alone (dont even mention what we went through with Gray and Dylan previously.

Its never a jumbos fault is it!

Get yer 1960's training methods running up and down sand dunes roond yeh!

IGRIGI
18-10-2018, 10:14 AM
If anyone believes this with Levein at the helm they deserve a slap across the face and a boot to the nuts.

It's Levein Yam tactics 101.

Ozyhibby
18-10-2018, 10:21 AM
Milligan and Mallan for me

It’s Boyle and Mallan they fear the most. They haven’t cottoned into how important Milligan is to us yet.
Looking forward to us running at Hughes now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Heid Yin
18-10-2018, 10:21 AM
Just popped over to JKB to see how our maroon chums are dealing with the loss of 2 of their biggest players.
Conclusion: The Samaritans will have to recruit extra volunteers.

calumhibee1
18-10-2018, 10:22 AM
Thats a very good point!

Cutbacks for the new stand mean they must just lookup the NHS website for diagnosis's.

Had a look on Bokeback they are all greeting this never happens to us! See my previous post about Hanlon, Mcgregor, Mclaren and Flo. This season alone (dont even mention what we went through with Gray and Dylan previously.

Its never a jumbos fault is it!

Get yer 1960's training methods running up and down sand dunes roond yeh!

They’ve been lucky with injuries this season compared to us until now. We’ve still not had everyone available for a game yet we’re right on their tails and they’re absolutely ****ting themselves now.

NorthNorfolkHFC
18-10-2018, 10:25 AM
Couple of things for me:

I’d rather beat H***ts when they are full strength. Hate their complaints that they are not at their best.

Second, I feel a bit for Souttar. He’s a good lad at the wrong club. He’s had a rough time with injuries of late and doesn’t deserve it. Unsure about Uche, his social media is a joke. Anyone that posts selfies like that deserves what’s coming to them.

Onion
18-10-2018, 10:26 AM

Too true. Too many Hibs teams have bottled these type of opportunities to get your hopes up too much. Even Lennon has struggled at the PBS.

GlesgaeHibby
18-10-2018, 10:28 AM
Who does that leave them with at the back? Aaron Hughes and the lad on loan from Burnley?

K.Marx
18-10-2018, 10:34 AM
Ikpeazu was looking decent. Delighted he’s out. Got to feel more confident for the derby given their injury list.

Ozyhibby
18-10-2018, 10:39 AM
Who does that leave them with at the back? Aaron Hughes and the lad on loan from Burnley?

They have another guy, Dikamona? That they expect to go in there. Dunne only on loan till January. He looks decent to be fair.

Austinho
18-10-2018, 10:41 AM
At the end of the day, the derby is just one game. This is damaging for Hearts whole season, and good news for us regardless of whatever happens at Tynecastle.

Diclonius
18-10-2018, 10:43 AM
Couple of things for me:

I’d rather beat H***ts when they are full strength. Hate their complaints that they are not at their best.

Second, I feel a bit for Souttar. He’s a good lad at the wrong club. He’s had a rough time with injuries of late and doesn’t deserve it. Unsure about Uche, his social media is a joke. Anyone that posts selfies like that deserves what’s coming to them.

I'd rather beat Hearts.

GreenCastle
18-10-2018, 10:46 AM

Good point - knew there were a few other examples.

hibbyfraelibby
18-10-2018, 10:47 AM

Only a Yam would refer to Ikpeazu as Uche...unless of course he was a Hibby with spelling dificulties😁

Booked4Being-Ugly
18-10-2018, 10:49 AM
They have no complaints/excuses whatsoever We’ve had our 1st choice CH’s missing, our 1st choice keeper missing, our captain, one of our main strikers and our winger all missing through injury.

Bring on the derby, can’t wait.

Chic Murray
18-10-2018, 10:53 AM
Heard it all before.

They'll be telling us the stand might not be ready next.

where'stheslope
18-10-2018, 10:55 AM
This forum is brilliant, Souttar is s***e should be nowhere near Scotland, this thread, Souttar would be my first pick not to play against us????

I know its just opposing fans being biased, but, sometimes you just can't believe what your reading on here!!!!

Pretty Boy
18-10-2018, 10:58 AM
This really is a terrible shame, I'm proper gutted for them.

They'll be struggling to pick a team from their squad of 2459 players.

CapitalGreen
18-10-2018, 10:59 AM
This forum is brilliant, Souttar is s***e should be nowhere near Scotland, this thread, Souttar would be my first pick not to play against us????

I know its just opposing fans being biased, but, sometimes you just can't believe what your reading on here!!!!

It's almost as if different posters are allowed different opinions.

Kato
18-10-2018, 11:00 AM

...and just his general "over-physical" style of play. Likes his players to go hard in the tackle, always going to bite back.

Nevermind they have "a huge squad packed with quality" so this won't affect their bid for the title in any way.

Kato
18-10-2018, 11:02 AM

Does the forum have a mind of it's own or are different posters posting different opinions?

Hermit Crab
18-10-2018, 11:03 AM
Both out for 5 months says Levein? They'll be playing v us in 2 weeks then...:rolleyes:

Kato
18-10-2018, 11:06 AM

I love when they have to resort excuses, means we've horsed them.

Danderhall Hibs
18-10-2018, 11:12 AM

Does everyone you know in real life all believe in exactly the same things?

Hibbyradge
18-10-2018, 11:14 AM

I wonder how he gets a game for Scotland ...

Hibbyradge
18-10-2018, 11:15 AM
Does everyone you know in real life all believe in exactly the same things?

I do.

grammyb111
18-10-2018, 11:21 AM
Only a Yam would refer to Ikpeazu as Uche...unless of course he was a Hibby with spelling dificulties😁

I work in a small office which has eight football fans in it, five of them being Hearts and me the only Hibs fan, Uche is ingrained in me now :fuming:

Gloucester Hibs
18-10-2018, 11:24 AM
Reckon if a **** had to pick 2 of our players to miss the derby it'd be Boyle and Mallan

MWHIBBIES
18-10-2018, 11:25 AM
Couple of things for me:

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkI'd rather they were as weak as possible so we have more chance to win. More injuries please.

tamig
18-10-2018, 11:25 AM

They have plenty superstars as back-up now. No impact on the title challenge.

Albanian Hibs
18-10-2018, 11:36 AM
Boohoo

delbert
18-10-2018, 11:41 AM

It’s lucky that they have already pretty much got the title wrapped up !

Ged
18-10-2018, 11:49 AM
Will Berra and Souttar play enough games this season to get a league winners medal?

jacomo
18-10-2018, 11:52 AM
Will Berra and Souttar play enough games this season to get a league winners medal?

Levein got one in 86 even though he missed the decisive, glorious final match no?

Lendo
18-10-2018, 12:02 PM
I will refuse to believe this until i see the team sheet on derby day. (thinking back to Mark De Veris on crutches in Braga but yet started the game that night)

IDHibs
18-10-2018, 12:07 PM
I'd rather they were as weak as possible so we have more chance to win. More injuries please.

Awae' an bile ye'r Heid, we'll hump them injuries or not on EITHER side. Dinnae want them blaming their humiliation at our hands on injuries now do we?

Cheers

Moulin Yarns
18-10-2018, 12:10 PM

Compromising photos of 'Wee Eck' :wink:

weecounty hibby
18-10-2018, 12:10 PM
Awae' an bile ye'r Heid, we'll hump them injuries or not on EITHER side. Dinnae want them blaming their humiliation at our hands on injuries now do we?

Cheers
Personally I dont give a **** about what they say. I just want to beat them. If that is made easier by them having injuries then so be it. Not sure that we wont see at least one of them playing against us with either a "miraculous recovery" or "So committed he put off the operation to play" being then Jumbo strapline

Keith_M
18-10-2018, 12:13 PM
There are some stories you can always rely on in the lead up to certain fixtures.

Playing Celtc: Celtc plan to steal Lennon from Hibs (already in the papers this week)

Playing Celtc or The Rangers: [insert name of player] always wanted to play for his boyhood heroes but is currently stuck at Hibs.

Playing Hearts: Important player(s) at death's door and will probably be out for weeks.... only to make a miraculous recovery on the day of the game.

sean04
18-10-2018, 12:16 PM
There all cursing there luck, every team has injuries. Rocky has been out for a while. Hanlon, McGregor, Gray, wee tam, Boyle,macca and kamberi have all missed games this season. We haven't even been able to play our 2 striker together yet. Think the big striker wouldve been sent off in the derby anyways and judging by soutter performances in the derbies and for Scotland he's overrated

Tynie01011973
18-10-2018, 12:18 PM

Doesn't have to play against Simon (Megs) Murray every game?

👌

Zazu62
18-10-2018, 12:19 PM
Whatever team they put out for the derby it will tough, remember when we won there Riordan penalty 2009 our team was roiling with injuries, Derbys are a battle

MWHIBBIES
18-10-2018, 12:22 PM

Cheers
"Bile ye'r Heid" okay mate. Was that an insult in your day? Pretty embarrassing patter now.

When was the last time we humped them at tynecastle? We're not going to hump them, goal in it either way, or a draw, like all derbies.

I couldn't care less what they say if we win.

Cheers

BILLYHIBS
18-10-2018, 12:22 PM
Whatever team they put out for the derby it will tough, remember when we won there Riordan penalty 2009 our team was roiling with injuries, Derbys are a battle

Loved it !

Riordan right across to us kissing the badge!

GIRFUY!

G B Young
18-10-2018, 12:23 PM
There all cursing there luck, every team has injuries. Rocky has been out for a while. Hanlon, McGregor, Gray, wee tam, Boyle,macca and kamberi have all missed games this season. We haven't even been able to play our 2 striker together yet. Think the big striker wouldve been sent off in the derby anyways and judging by soutter performances in the derbies and for Scotland he's overrated

Spot on. We've been dealing with injuries to key players all season. With the size of squad Hearts have they should be able to cope, but it won't surprise me if Budge indulges Levein with yet more signings.

As you say, Souttar is no superstar and his reputation is founded largely on Levein's hype. My abiding memory of him is being nutmegged by Simon Murray. Uche brought a bit of clout with him at the start of the season due to his sheer bulk, but has contributed little for a while now. I'm not sure these injuries weaken them all that much.

SirDavidsNapper
18-10-2018, 12:29 PM
Hearts will sign another man mountain to replace the injured boy. My money is on Zeefuik or however you spell it. Maybe Nade.

Hibee87
18-10-2018, 12:39 PM
Hearts will sign another man mountain to replace the injured boy. My money is on Zeefuik or however you spell it. Maybe Nade.

Zeefuik was a midget was he not, heavy, but a midget.

They have a striker coming in January, im sure they will see it out till then with the 3 they have.

As for the the over confidence 'humping' them with or without them missing players is talking pish. Say it often enough and it will come true, but honestly, in the last 18 years when did we last beat them by more than a goal at Tynie? Millennium derby is last one I can think of.

I couldnt care less if they had a full squad of superstars or a full squad of amateurs playing, I want to beat them and if 2 or 3 of their starting 11 are out and it helps us then great.

Who cares what excuses they have? I can't get my head round why people care more about what they will say is the reason we won over the fact we have won and celebrate......its not like they have never beaten us when we have injuries.

IDHibs
18-10-2018, 12:42 PM
"Bile ye'r Heid" okay mate. Was that an insult in your day? Pretty embarrassing patter now.

When was the last time we humped them at tynecastle? We're not going to hump them, goal in it either way, or a draw, like all derbies.

I couldn't care less what they say if we win.

Cheers

:dummytit:.... They didnae' have "tongue in cheek" smileys in my day either, wee' shame eh! Thankfully we did however hump them regularily at Swinie :greengrin. A 1-0 humping will suffice.

Cheers

brog
18-10-2018, 12:55 PM
It turns out Uche and Ikpeazu (aka their latest giant huddy up front) are the same guy!

The confusion arises because when Ikpeazu was hurt he screamed "Uche"! :wink: Sorry!

18-10-2018, 12:58 PM

Souttar pulled out of the Scotland v Peru and Mexico trip at the last minute because of a hip problem. It is a hip injury again now so it sounds like he has an ongoing problem. It wouldn't surprise me if Levein has been playing him whilst his hip hadn't fully recovered so it was probably a matter of time before it was aggravated. It just happened to be whilst playing for Scotland.

Ikpeazu injured his foot against Motherwell, missed a couple of games and was then back against Rangers. We are just finding out now he is out for 5 months due to his foot so it seems it wasn't due to a bad tackle on him but rather an aggravation to the injury he caused himself against Motherwell.

Sounds to me like 2 self inflicted situations due to bad injury management and this is the answer to the Jambos moans as to why it happens to them more than it happens to other clubs such as ours. Maybe they should look after their players better.

Since90+2
18-10-2018, 01:05 PM
A shame. Must be so disappointing for Hearts fans.

Shame.

18-10-2018, 01:07 PM
Some of their more unhinged supporters were suggesting their twitter had been hacked after this news broke.....

Tornadoes70
18-10-2018, 01:07 PM
Maybe if they'd increased the size of their small pitch to a more professional standard I'd have called that an advantage for us and other teams that try to play football.

Yam injuries :yawn:.

Always a tough game at the piggery save for the famous 0-7 annihilation and the 0-3 milliennium derby canter.

Be elated to beat the swine by the odd goal whatever team they put out.

Mon the Cabbage!!!

:flag:

StevesFamau5
18-10-2018, 01:13 PM
There are some stories you can always rely on in the lead up to certain fixtures.

Playing Celtc: Celtc plan to steal Lennon from Hibs (already in the papers this week)

Playing Celtc or The Rangers: [insert name of player] always wanted to play for his boyhood heroes but is currently stuck at Hibs.

Playing Hearts: Important player(s) at death's door and will probably be out for weeks.... only to make a miraculous recovery on the day of the game.

:top marks

Can always count on some tabloid rubbish being sprouted by the west coast media to try and unsettle us.

BegbieHSC
18-10-2018, 01:21 PM
Expect them both to be fit for the derby, after undergoing a miraculous recovery. Both of them being out for exactly the same time? Seems awfy sketchy to me.

Levein done this last season with Lafferty, Naismith and Berra last season ahead of the derbies. All had miraculous recoveries.

Dinosaur mind games !

Hibee87
18-10-2018, 01:32 PM
Why do people keep saying expect them to make a miraculous recovery?

They have 2 important games before us, Aberdeen and the Semi v Celtic its not as though were the next game. And if they were injured for a few weeks, he would say just a few weeks and looking likely to miss derby/be back by mid November (some sorta timescale like that so as not to panic their own fans)

To say they are out for 5 month 2 weeks before a Derby, on the knowledge they will be available is ridiculous, especially as their own fans and own twitter etc are saying it.....its not like a little leak in the paper.

We all know they do these tactics on the lead up to a derby, but this im 100% confident is accurate.

cabbageandribs1875
18-10-2018, 02:31 PM
Uche
Uche
who the *uc* is Uche

SirDavidsNapper
18-10-2018, 02:38 PM
They could put out 11 wee lassies and we'd struggle to beat them there. Both teams very strong at home in derbys. We're due a win there so every chance it could be this one. Won't count my chickens just yet.

Pete
18-10-2018, 02:57 PM
0-4 to the Hibs. 👍🏼

blackpoolhibs
18-10-2018, 03:00 PM
Great news, a few more long term injuries would be even better news in my opinion. :top marks

hibbydog
18-10-2018, 03:00 PM
Sorry to see players getting injured but I’ll take any advantage we can get against that lot.

murray26
18-10-2018, 03:03 PM
About time they had a bit bad luck.. no doubt potter will use this as a excuse if they lose .. you’d think they were the only team that ever got any injuries..

Hermit Crab
18-10-2018, 03:08 PM
0-4 to the Hibs. 👍🏼

Behave. Whens the last time we scored 4 against them without reply?

Keyser Sauzee
18-10-2018, 03:09 PM
Just watched the clip from bbc on fb and I have my doubts if they are as bad as Levein Is making out, wouldn’t be shocked to see the 2 of them line up against us in a couple weeks.

tamig
18-10-2018, 03:15 PM
Souttar pulled out of the Scotland v Peru and Mexico trip at the last minute because of a hip problem. It is a hip injury again now so it sounds like he has an ongoing problem. It wouldn't surprise me if Levein has been playing him whilst his hip hadn't fully recovered so it was probably a matter of time before it was aggravated. It just happened to be whilst playing for Scotland.

Ikpeazu injured his foot against Motherwell, missed a couple of games and was then back against Rangers. We are just finding out now he is out for 5 months due to his foot so it seems it wasn't due to a bad tackle on him but rather an aggravation to the injury he caused himself against Motherwell.

Sounds to me like 2 self inflicted situations due to bad injury management and this is the answer to the Jambos moans as to why it happens to them more than it happens to other clubs such as ours. Maybe they should look after their players better.
Exactly. Hell mend them. Anything that increases our chances of a win there is fine by me. Knowing that the absence of key players is self-inflicted to an extent just makes it a bit sweeter.

Springbank
18-10-2018, 03:17 PM

tempted to say the Cup Replay in 2017.

McGregor's fourth was never offside and Hearts scuffed pen/rebound was a travesty.

Take your point but it's not as outrageous as you think with the current team.

tamig
18-10-2018, 03:17 PM
About time they had a bit bad luck.. no doubt potter will use this as a excuse if they lose .. you’d think they were the only team that ever got any injuries..

He’s also got a fabulous selection of replacements hungry to step in. Backed up by the best crop of teens ever seen in a generation of course.

CentreLine
18-10-2018, 03:18 PM
Just watched the clip from bbc on fb and I have my doubts if they are as bad as Levein Is making out, wouldn’t be shocked to see the 2 of them line up against us in a couple weeks.

Absolutely. He and his team are defined by their results against Hibs. Levein is quite capable of sacrificing players presence in games against lesser opponents and to risk those same players’ health and fitness against us. Let’s see how that turns out

Hibs4185
18-10-2018, 03:21 PM

There is a trend here...

Demetri Mitchell last season. Hearts say nothing too serious and back in a week or so. Man Utd say out for the season and take him back to Manchester

Pete
18-10-2018, 03:22 PM

Suppose.

1-4 to the Hibs 👍🏼

Diclonius
18-10-2018, 04:07 PM

1st January 1973. :rolleyes: The last time we won a derby 4-0 exactly was 1965.

The last time we actually scored four goals against them we didn't even win the ****ing game.

judas
18-10-2018, 04:09 PM
Having pretty much won the First World War, Hearts should have no problem sacrificing a player for the lowly Scottish National team.

Ozyhibby
18-10-2018, 04:11 PM

They have 2 important games before us, Aberdeen and the Semi v Celtic its not as though were the next game. And if they were injured for a few weeks, he would say just a few weeks and looking likely to miss derby/be back by mid November (some sorta timescale like that so as not to panic their own fans)

To say they are out for 5 month 2 weeks before a Derby, on the knowledge they will be available is ridiculous, especially as their own fans and own twitter etc are saying it.....its not like a little leak in the paper.

We all know they do these tactics on the lead up to a derby, but this im 100% confident is accurate.

Agree, and it’s 3 games before us as well.

CentreLine
18-10-2018, 04:20 PM

Absolutely. He and his team are defined by their results against Hibs. Levein is quite capable of sacrificing players presence in games against lesser opponents and to risk those same players’ health and fitness against us. Let’s see how that turns out

Here’s Lucy!
18-10-2018, 04:34 PM
Just heard about this.

What a wee tragedy for them. :greengrin

ian cruise
18-10-2018, 05:02 PM
Having pretty much won the First World War, Hearts should have no problem sacrificing a player for the lowly Scottish National team.

They'll be claiming compensation because he was injured while away with the national team.

calumhibee1
18-10-2018, 05:06 PM
They'll be claiming compensation because he was injured while away with the national team.

I’ve no idea how much it will be but plenty of them reckon that they should be absolved of any form of medical payments for Souttar and the SFA should also pay his wages. Fuds.

Hermit Crab
18-10-2018, 05:06 PM
There will be absolutely no surprise if they both line up against us in 2 weeks time. Same goes for Berra.

Since90+2
18-10-2018, 05:15 PM

They can't claim any compensation. Again , shame.

Here’s Lucy!
18-10-2018, 05:15 PM
There will be absolutely no surprise if they both line up against us in 2 weeks time. Same goes for Berra.

I doubt Berra, as he has already been out for so long, but I wouldn't put money on you being wrong about the other two! :agree:

Their 'long term' injuries are seldom that. Unfortunately.

Albanian Hibs
18-10-2018, 05:16 PM

More likely 4-0 Hertz then 😂

Archie70
18-10-2018, 05:16 PM
Great news, a few more long term injuries would be even better news in my opinion. :top marks

That’s a terrible attitude....why stop at just a few:wink:

Here’s Lucy!
18-10-2018, 05:21 PM
That’s a terrible attitude....why stop at just a few:wink:

:thumbsup:

Winston Ingram
18-10-2018, 05:40 PM
Saying on kickback that Berra will be back in 4-6 weeks

They’re probably guessing

One Day Soon
18-10-2018, 05:45 PM
The revisionism in July 2019 will be biblical.

:agree: Lamentations followed by Revelation...

One Day Soon
18-10-2018, 05:46 PM
Does the forum have a mind of it's own or are different posters posting different opinions?

:top marks

A Hi-Bee
18-10-2018, 05:54 PM
Sorry to see players getting injured but I’ll take any advantage we can get against that lot.

**** the hertz

smack
18-10-2018, 05:55 PM

Great post lol [emoji23]

Jack Hackett
18-10-2018, 06:35 PM
1st January 1973. :rolleyes: The last time we won a derby 4-0 exactly was 1965.

The last time we actually scored four goals against them we didn't even win the ****ing game.

They're way overdue a proper thrashing from us. The one in '73 put us on top of the league... a repeat would be nice :greengrin

Tynie01011973
18-10-2018, 06:37 PM
JKB Meltdown on Twitter currently posting some of the stuff about their injuries. Apparently the Motherwell goalie faked the photos of his injured foot whilst doing Uche 🤣

Brummie_Hibs
18-10-2018, 06:40 PM
Did a teammate break Souttar's jaw in the Scotland changing room, after the Israel game, for being a stupid pr**k, and that is the reason he is injured?

HIBERNIAN-0762
18-10-2018, 07:09 PM
Did a teammate break Souttar's jaw in the Scotland changing room, after the Israel game, for being a stupid pr**k, and that is the reason he is injured?

Wouldn't surprise me, he's ****ing ***** anyway.

SirDavidsNapper
18-10-2018, 07:30 PM
I worry (further) for the Scottish national team if the future is Soppy Bollocks Souttar and Hendry in defence. Deary me.

Zazu62
18-10-2018, 07:32 PM

Canny see it. 5 months can’t turn into 2 weeks even in yamland

The_Horde
18-10-2018, 07:35 PM
I worry (further) for the Scottish national team if the future is Soppy Bollocks Souttar and Hendry in defence. Deary me.

Porto :wink:

SirDavidsNapper
18-10-2018, 07:39 PM
Porto :wink:

Him over Souttar any day

jacomo
18-10-2018, 07:40 PM
Both Souttar and Berra out at the same time will surely disrupt the title favourites.

Libby Hibby
18-10-2018, 07:46 PM
Good, get it right up them.

bodhibs
18-10-2018, 07:48 PM
Good the more the merrier, horrific gang

1van Sprou7e
18-10-2018, 08:10 PM

Getting your jaw broken for a ***** refereeing desicion, sounds very plausible

18-10-2018, 08:12 PM
Ikpeazu is obviously nowhere near as tough as the Jambos would have us believe. Kicks Carson and hurts his own poor wee foot so badly he'll be out for most of the season.

The shocking 1st half performance against Rangers was the bursting of the bubble. The injuries will dent their confidence further so next they'll drop points against Aberdeen and then they'll get beaten in the cup semi by Celtic. By the time the derby comes round the wheels will have well and truly come off.

A Hi-Bee
18-10-2018, 08:12 PM
JKB Meltdown on Twitter currently posting some of the stuff about their injuries. Apparently the Motherwell goalie faked the photos of his injured foot whilst doing Uche 🤣

I will say this only once more "**** the hertz"

Jack Hackett
18-10-2018, 08:15 PM

You can say it as many times as you like.

SirDavidsNapper
18-10-2018, 08:38 PM
It's a great time for us to get Hearts. It can all so often go flat after winning a major trophy. A bit of a hangover. I think thats whats happened to Hearts after winning the league last month. Foot right off the gass.

Eyrie
18-10-2018, 10:01 PM
Getting your jaw broken for a ***** refereeing desicion, sounds very plausible

Agreed. That sort of behaviour should be reserved for conceding goals in a pre season friendly.

Dashing Bob S
18-10-2018, 10:39 PM
We have a strong team getting into its stride. This was always going to be a tough fixture for Hearts. Now at least they have excuses if they lose.

Springbank
19-10-2018, 05:43 AM
It's a great time for us to get Hearts. It can all so often go flat after winning a major trophy. A bit of a hangover. I think thats whats happened to Hearts after winning the league last month. Foot right off the gass.

ikpeazu is a loss for them. a huddy but an effective one.

soutar is a loss for us, boy is very overrated.

bigwheel
19-10-2018, 06:52 AM
These are two big players and will impact them - that said they have 57 full time pros on their books - more than everyone other than Celtic...they will have a number of replacements..

Spike Mandela
19-10-2018, 07:22 AM
Not going to comment on injuries to players as it is a frustrating part of the game for all clubs and fans.

However, there is a delicious irony in the song and dance Levein made about Souttar not being in the Scotland squad. Pouting and moanining to such an extent that the player promptly got drafted in and then as soon as he plays boom,injured.

calumhibee1
19-10-2018, 07:28 AM
These are two big players and will impact them - that said they have 57 full time pros on their books - more than everyone other than Celtic...they will have a number of replacements..

That can’t be true surely?

bigwheel
19-10-2018, 07:51 AM
That can’t be true surely?

That’s their stats ....

heretoday
19-10-2018, 07:55 AM
Well they made much of signing a lot of players to cope with this sort of situation so we'll see if it works.

BILLYHIBS
19-10-2018, 07:58 AM
If Hearts have 57 full time pros on their books it just goes to show that they are taking the pish out of their loyal fans who fair play to them have pumped their hard earned into their club.

A recurring theme in our house every Derby I have to ask my laddie who such and such a jambo is and where he came from as I have never heard of them by and large over the last two years HIBS have kept the same small close knit squad

calumhibee1
19-10-2018, 08:01 AM
That’s their stats ....

That is utterly ridiculous. Anyone know what ours is by comparison? I would be surprised if it was over 40?

bigwheel
19-10-2018, 08:03 AM
That is utterly ridiculous. Anyone know what ours is by comparison? I would be surprised if it was over 40?

That would be about right I imagine. Low 40s at most I’d guess

TrinityHibs
19-10-2018, 08:03 AM
That’s their stats ....

their stats also say they have a 20K+ capacity stadium

bigwheel
19-10-2018, 08:07 AM
their stats also say they have a 20K+ capacity stadium

[emoji2]. They need it to fit all their players in [emoji106]

cocteautwin
19-10-2018, 08:16 AM

57? Ever wonder why they've never finished their stand?

Onion
19-10-2018, 08:38 AM

Semi finals and games against the sheep are meaningless when they have a Hibs game looming. Simply opportunities to rest players, try new formations and sharpen their hacking skills ahead of the big one. Fake news, alternative facts and stupidity are all part of their mind games 🤪

w pilton hibby
19-10-2018, 09:27 AM

Including Shaw, Porteous and Fraser Murray there are 24 in the first team squad

Thomas Agyepong
Efe Ambrose
Marvin Bartley
Adam Bogdan
Martin Boyle
David Gray
Paul Hanlon
Daryl Horgan
Emerson Hyndman
Florian Kamberi
Ross Laidlaw
Jamie Maclaren
Stevie Mallan
Ofir Marciano
Charalampos Mavrias
Darren McGregor
Mark Milligan
Fraser Murray
Miquel Nelom
Ryan Porteous
Oliver Shaw
Vykintas Slivka
Lewis Stevenson
Steven Whittaker

brog
19-10-2018, 10:40 AM
A bit at a tangent here but on subject of injuries Graeme Dorrans wont be playing anytime soon. Im sitting near him on London Glasgow train & hes on way home after op. Really nice guy.

SirDavidsNapper
19-10-2018, 10:51 AM
A few Jambos i know are trying to take the moral high ground over this. Ironic as i seem to remember a whole stand of them goading Griffiths when he was stretchered off in a derby. Short memories. Personally i'd never want to see a professional footballer badly injured. We see the short term advantage etc but it's a horrible long road to recovery for some of these players and must be a very worrying and unsettling time. Much prefer red cards :wink:

hibbysam
19-10-2018, 11:07 AM
A few Jambos i know are trying to take the moral high ground over this. Ironic as i seem to remember a whole stand of them goading Griffiths when he was stretchered off in a derby. Short memories. Personally i'd never want to see a professional footballer badly injured. We see the short term advantage etc but it's a horrible long road to recovery for some of these players and must be a very worrying and unsettling time. Much prefer red cards :wink:

They celebrated it like it was 0-0 at half time.

Dashing Bob S
19-10-2018, 11:14 AM
Soutar big loss for Scotland. They were stating to look a real force in the global game since he was introduced to the team.

Diclonius
19-10-2018, 11:23 AM

Probably thought we were done at that point; that game would have made it 13 in a row if they'd avoided defeat and we had no attacking presence. Luckily Spoony turned up late on with the mental winner.

matty_f
19-10-2018, 12:00 PM

:hilarious

Dashing Bob S
19-10-2018, 01:15 PM
Murderwell are the new St Liedown. Cost them the flag.

Smartie
19-10-2018, 01:23 PM
A bit at a tangent here but on subject of injuries Graeme Dorrans wont be playing anytime soon. Im sitting near him on London Glasgow train & hes on way home after op. Really nice guy.

I always liked him as a player.

Real shame he ended up at Ibrox.

I'm surprised it hasn't worked out better for him with them, as I thought he looked excellent for WBA.

brog
19-10-2018, 02:05 PM
I always liked him as a player.

Real shame he ended up at Ibrox.

I'm surprised it hasn't worked out better for him with them, as I thought he looked excellent for WBA.

I agree. Amazing that he, Wes Hoolahan & Snodgrass were all at Livi at much the same time with LG not too far behind.

SirDavidsNapper
19-10-2018, 04:47 PM

😂😂😂

BILLYHIBS
19-10-2018, 05:02 PM
Had a bust up with some random Jambo on YouTube who said Soapy Soutar was the best thing since sliced bread I maintained that no way is he as good as 100% fit Paul Hanlon OK he is younger and obviously has potential had to remind him that Simon Murray nutmegged him in the box and smashed the ball into the roof of the Jambo net. Never heard from him again 😂👍🏾⚽️🏆🇳🇬

Bristolhibby
19-10-2018, 05:38 PM
Soutar big loss for Scotland. They were stating to look a real force in the global game since he was introduced to the team.

😂

brog
19-10-2018, 06:24 PM
I think Soutar is a good player & if we had signed him I'd have been delighted. Having said that I think he lacks the physical presence of our own Ryan P & I certsinly wouldn't swap him for Ryan. Yams have plenty cover though, Haring is a centre back currently playing in midfield. I'm more pleased thst Oochy will be missing as for about 100 years we've proved vulnerable to a big Yam huddie up front.

Kato
19-10-2018, 06:43 PM
I think Soutar is a good player & if we had signed him I'd have been delighted. Having said that I think he lacks the physical presence of our own Ryan P & I certsinly wouldn't swap him for Ryan. Yams have plenty cover though, Haring is a centre back currently playing in midfield. I'm more pleased thst Oochy will be missing as for about 100 years we've proved vulnerable to a big Yam huddie up front.

Rumours Haring might be injured. Levien has had them going full pelt since the start of the League, loads of wear and tear already. A team committing 20+ fouls every are always going to come off worse long term, in injuries as well as suspensions.

Joe6-2
19-10-2018, 06:52 PM

They need to have more of something!

Greentinted
19-10-2018, 07:42 PM
I utter these very words every time I pass by the big glass curtained bus shelter...(which is very frequent given that I live just a matter of a Stevie Mallan free-kick away fi the Wheatfield Stand! 😁)

MWHIBBIES
19-10-2018, 08:00 PM
If Hearts have 57 full time pros on their books it just goes to show that they are taking the pish out of their loyal fans who fair play to them have pumped their hard earned into their club.

A recurring theme in our house every Derby I have to ask my laddie who such and such a jambo is and where he came from as I have never heard of them by and large over the last two years HIBS have kept the same small close knit squad

They're hardly taking the pish out of their fans, they're top of the league?

mjhibby
19-10-2018, 08:17 PM

You can either say they are unlucky or they have been played while carrying injuries and they have aggravated them. Obviously the berra injury probably forced his hand but its backfired. Uche has just pure and simple been rushed back. I've no ideas who half their team is but I suspect we'll see a few draws from them. Injuries are just part of the game and they can't say they haven't got a big enough squad now can they. I'll believe it when we see their teamsheet in a couple of weeks. They have a tough run of games coming up so we'll soon find out if the squad is up to it.