PDA

View Full Version : 2018 Calendar Year League Positions

Greenbeard
18-10-2018, 07:50 AM
Top at the mo....https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45896694
:flag:

Onceinawhile
18-10-2018, 07:57 AM
nice, but ultimately meaningless unless we are around there come May time.

Our home record is outstanding though, if we can keep that up and push up our away record, we're going to have another fantastic season.

Greenbeard
18-10-2018, 12:13 PM
nice, but ultimately meaningless unless we are around there come May time.

Our home record is outstanding though, if we can keep that up and push up our away record, we're going to have another fantastic season.
I don't think it is totally meaningless. Yes there is a fair bit to go and a tough run of games before the end of 2018 but if we were still to be top of the "2018 year league" come 31/12, even if there is nothing official about it, it would still be a substantive achievement which would demonstrate good year-long evidence against the pessimists among us who think it is unrealistic for us to say we can win the title. Would be considerable kudos and a pyschological boost at least.

Keith_M
18-10-2018, 12:17 PM
Doesn't win you any trophies but it's a sign that we're going in the right direction.

TBH, I was a bit worried about our away form until recently, as I think we hadn't won away in the league since the end of January(?), but we seem to be doing OK on that front now as well.

CropleyWasGod
18-10-2018, 04:03 PM
Who's our game in hand against? [emoji3]

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Hibs4185
18-10-2018, 04:06 PM
Can we call ourselves the 2018 champions if we are still there at new year?

SPL winners are 17/18, 18/19 etc.

Ozyhibby
18-10-2018, 04:16 PM
It’s meaningless but also shows that it is not impossible to challenge for the league.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Greenbeard
18-10-2018, 05:22 PM
It’s meaningless but also shows that it is not impossible to challenge for the league.

.............and therefore is not meaningless!

Elephant Stone
18-10-2018, 05:44 PM

Aye I'm sure if we came last when comparing the points total of the last twenty five matches you would be saying it's "meaningless" :hilarious

In all seriousness that is spectacular form.

Sir David Gray
18-10-2018, 07:14 PM
This is the equivalent of looking at the league table in February.

I'm sure if we were still top in February then we would be rather excited about it.

neil7908
18-10-2018, 07:22 PM
Yes it doesn't win us any trophies and we have a tough run of games coming up but that is seriously impressive.

Lennon is building something very special.

B.H.F.C
18-10-2018, 07:28 PM
Our home form is outstanding. If we are even close to maintaining it over the course of the season we’ll finish well up the league.

I think our away form will improve with the goals we have in us now as well. We surely won’t have as many silly draws.

Jack Hackett
18-10-2018, 07:50 PM
Great stats. We're 4 pts better off after the first 8 games compared to last season, and our goal difference is better by 11. The 'year so far' figures might be meaningless in terms of trophies, but they do show us that there is a continuing trend of improvement. Carry on as we are and we'll be putting in a challenge.

The Spaceman
18-10-2018, 09:37 PM
It just shows we really are up there and capable. I think though the difference would be a nervousness at the end of the season if we were somehow close to winning the league...it would be an alien situation for us and would require nerves of steel from the players. Then again, if Leicester could do it, why can't we! We also have a real winners mentality throughout the team and coaching staff so sure that'll pay off nicely.