PDA

View Full Version : Would Scott Allan get into the current Starting 11?

ThomasAgyepong
17-10-2018, 08:02 PM
Doing a wee search on a website called TransferMarkt I’ve seen a few players who’s contract expires at the end of the season. Scott Allan’s contract expires at the end of the season and it got me thinking about wether he would actually get into the current starting 11. With Hyndman starting to impress, Mallan scoring for fun and Milligan being a rock in midfield I personally don’t think he would get into the midfield.

Kato
17-10-2018, 08:05 PM
Doing a wee search on a website called TransferMarkt I’ve seen a few players who’s contract expires at the end of the season. Scott Allan’s contract expires at the end of the season and it got me thinking about wether he would actually get into the current starting 11. With Hyndman starting to impress, Mallan scoring for fun and Milligan being a rock in midfield I personally don’t think he would get into the midfield.

Maybe you're right, just now.

JohnM1875
17-10-2018, 08:07 PM
He'd definitely get in the starting 11 for me. I think if we signed Allan and he plays as well as he has the past two stints he'd be our best best player imo. Would taka a while for him to get match fit anyway.

Allant1981
17-10-2018, 08:08 PM
still think he is better than hyndman but if he continues to play well then that may change

bigwheel
17-10-2018, 08:13 PM
still think he is better than hyndman but if he continues to play well then that may change

Me too. Hyndman has had a couple of decent performance ..Allan has proved himself to be a game changer on a number of occasions....Hyndman hasn’t hit those heights yet

Nicho87
17-10-2018, 08:19 PM
Yes.

Diclonius
17-10-2018, 08:19 PM
He'd replace Hyndman without a second thought. Not to say Hyndman isn't good but Allan is considerably better.

jgl07
17-10-2018, 08:22 PM
Hyndeman’s loan expires in January so it may not be an issue.

Austinho
17-10-2018, 08:23 PM
Irrespective of whether he’d be in the first XI right now, we shouldn’t be missing the opportunity to snap him up on a longer deal.

oldbutdim
17-10-2018, 08:28 PM
I can't help but think Scotty will have his agent scouring the wanted lists down south, or even Govan.
He must be sick not getting regular games, and whatever went wrong with the proposed move to Hibs last window, surely it means he will be looking at other options.
It is now a long shot for him to come to Hibs is my gut feeling.

04Sauzee
17-10-2018, 08:32 PM
The Scott Allan who turns it on for Hibs then yes undoubtedly.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
17-10-2018, 08:34 PM
Hyndeman’s loan expires in January so it may not be an issue.

Sure someone on here who seems to be ITK reckons he’s off down south. Sure I seen Charlton being mentioned as being a possible destination. Hope its wrong and he ends up back here!

jgl07
17-10-2018, 08:41 PM
I can't help but think Scotty will have his agent scouring the wanted lists down south, or even Govan.
He must be sick not getting regular games, and whatever went wrong with the proposed move to Hibs last window, surely it means he will be looking at other options.
It is now a long shot for him to come to Hibs is my gut feeling.

Allen has been down South on and off since 2012 without making any impact. He has been to WBA, Portsmouth, Milton Keynes, Birmingham City, and Rotherham.

Not really a great cv for a 26 year old. Hibs are the only club who have played him regularly. I can’t see him getting a contract down South.

Vini1875
17-10-2018, 08:46 PM
Absolutely, he is a bit like Riordan in that he can only really play for Hibs. He would start for us and have a great last 7 - 10 years or he can bounce around a bit and end up being a 32 year old taxi driver boring passenger with stories about how he was a contender once.

aiden15088
17-10-2018, 08:46 PM
The passes Allan picks out would be great for our strikers. He’s a player hibs could defo do with having.

Keith_M
17-10-2018, 08:54 PM
He'd replace Hyndman without a second thought. Not to say Hyndman isn't good but Allan is considerably better.

True.

Hibee Mac
17-10-2018, 09:09 PM
Without a doubt Allan would walk into the #10 role

Green_one
17-10-2018, 09:20 PM
Allan would add a dimension and quality we do not have. Might not always be selected but he has headroom to get better Might not be our choice anyway. Football moves on quickly

CapitalGreen
17-10-2018, 09:21 PM
We don’t have a fixed starting XI.

We have got 15 - 18 players who could all genuinely be considered starters. The XI which are chosen for a given fixture will be determined by opponent, formation, tactics, fitness and availability.

marinello59
17-10-2018, 09:25 PM
He is a massively talented player who might get in to the starting 11 now but given the synergy our midfield has had since the arrival of Milligan I’m not so sure he would. It all comes done to cost for what may be an overly expensive option..

hibby6270
17-10-2018, 09:30 PM
Allan would replace Hyndman all day long imo.
Hyndman would be a good backup but will he be here after January?
May well depend on how the Allan situation pans out.

Dashing Bob S
17-10-2018, 09:38 PM
Easily.

MWHIBBIES
17-10-2018, 09:43 PM
I think so but he isn't considerably better than anyone right now because he hasn't kicked a ball in months and is showing no desire to do so.

Hyndmann could've sat at Bournemouth and made more money than Allan but instead he's out on loan, at a lower level, trying to play and prove himself. Allan seems quite happy to earn his dosh for doing nothing. I know which attitude I prefer.

tamig
17-10-2018, 09:45 PM
Scott Allan would get in any Hibs starting eleven for me. One of the best players I’ve seen in a Hibs strip in my 40 odd years of watching us.

Smartie
17-10-2018, 09:55 PM
I can't imagine a Hibs that wouldn't have a need for Scott Allan.

Tornadoes70
17-10-2018, 09:58 PM
I think so but he isn't considerably better than anyone right now because he hasn't kicked in months and is showing no desire to do so.

Hyndmann could've sat at Bournemouth and made more money than Allan but instead he's out on loan, at a lower level, trying to play and prove himself. Allan seems quite happy to earn his dosh for doing nothing. I know which attitude I prefer.

:top marks

It feels slightly uncomfortable to be comparing our current club player Hyndman who's contributing very positively to the team with a non hibs player that may or may not ever play for our club again.

Mon the Cabbage!!!

:flag:

Viva_Palmeiras
17-10-2018, 10:02 PM
Wonder if he’s still paying into HSL :)

Its a yes from my (assuming he gets match fit)

jakedance
17-10-2018, 10:03 PM
I’d build the team around him. I was gutted we didn’t get him signed up again this season. He’s meant to be at Hibs.

southern hibby
17-10-2018, 10:07 PM
I’d say yes he’d Get into the team.

GGTTH

Hibernian32
17-10-2018, 10:27 PM
I think the way Milligan and Mallan play basically set up for Allan to be in there, it gives him a little more of a role to express himself I'm not saying he never got that with Mcginn & Mcgeough. I just feel the midfield now suits him a little better and I really don't think Hyndman will be back at ER not through performance but wages or other clubs coming in. At least with Allan we know he will want to be here.

jacomo
17-10-2018, 10:50 PM
I think so but he isn't considerably better than anyone right now because he hasn't kicked a ball in months and is showing no desire to do so.

Tbf none of us know what happened with Allan in August and have no idea about his state of mind.

I'm happy to see Hyndman improve with games though. We need everyone to pull their weight.

monktonharp
17-10-2018, 10:56 PM
Irrespective of whether he’d be in the first XI right now, we shouldn’t be missing the opportunity to snap him up on a longer deal.That was said at the start of this season. it never happened. is he now up for grabs in the windae? why did it not happen then? Is he to be released, or did they try him as a bargaining tool for SJM?

LaMotta
17-10-2018, 10:59 PM

Hyndman will be earning the same now as he would be if he was still at Bournemouth surely.

To answer the op question....Allan would walk into the team.

monktonharp
17-10-2018, 11:00 PM
Absolutely, he is a bit like Riordan in that he can only really play for Hibs. He would start for us and have a great last 7 - 10 years or he can bounce around a bit and end up being a 32 year old taxi driver boring passenger with stories about how he was a contender once.I like that Vinnie, but do consider....he would be able to buy his plate, outright. being at Hibs though, he might spend more than he really should then end up hiring a cab to make a living. get what I mean?

Brightside
17-10-2018, 11:25 PM
Hyndman will be earning the same now as he would be if he was still at Bournemouth surely.

It will take Allan months to get up to game pace. We play with incredible pace and movement at the moment. If Allan were to come he’d need a long time to adjust. But I expect Allan to go down south in Jan.

Forza Fred
17-10-2018, 11:57 PM
I think MacLaren, with his running off the last man, and ability to run on to through balls, would benefit most if Allan came back

EH54
18-10-2018, 12:29 AM
Allan instead of hyndman for me. We know what he can do and how consistent he can be. And because he would be a permanent signing.

Forza Fred
18-10-2018, 01:55 AM
I don’t see it as Allan instead of anyone....

I see Allan as ADDITIONAL to....

These days it is uncommon to play with the same side for a few games in a row, and we need players that when they interchange....they are not ‘lesser’ than who they replace.

Sum of the parts and all that.....

calumhibee1
18-10-2018, 05:33 AM
Scott Allan walks into this team. And that’s not a slight on anyone that’s already in it.

NadeAteMyLunch!
18-10-2018, 06:08 AM
100%. What a player. Get him signed

BILLYHIBS
18-10-2018, 06:13 AM
Is this a joke thread ?

:dunno:

Bob1875
18-10-2018, 06:44 AM
Yes, every day of the week over Hyndman. Twice the player.

we are hibs
18-10-2018, 07:01 AM
I'd question if some people on here even watched him last season. He was excellent in his first spell and miles ahead of that in his second spell. If the opportunity arises we should be doing everything we can to sign him.

Since90+2
18-10-2018, 07:03 AM
Without a doubt.

Far better player than Hyndman and he is more effective around the park than Mallan, although Mallan has the advantage of being able to get you a goal out of nothing.

Chorley Hibee
18-10-2018, 07:06 AM
I'd question if some people on here even watched him last season. He was excellent in his first spell and miles ahead of that in his second spell. If the opportunity arises we should be doing everything we can to sign him.

Absolutely agree, was fundamental to our form from January onwards.

Keyser Sauzee
18-10-2018, 07:19 AM
Ofcourse he would, he’s he our best player if he signed again, don’t think it will happen now tho.

Stuart93
18-10-2018, 07:27 AM
Yes.

Juniper Greens
18-10-2018, 07:34 AM
For the tackle on Jordan Rossiter alone!

Borderhibbie76
18-10-2018, 07:37 AM

Hyndmann could've sat at Bournemouth and made more money than Allan but instead he's out on loan, at a lower level, trying to play and prove himself. Allan seems quite happy to earn his dosh for doing nothing. I know which attitude I prefer.Sorry mate but I think you are being very harsh on Scotty here unless you know something concrete??

From what I've heard it was Hibs that pulled the plug on a last min loan deal at end of Aug (Dempster wanted a Perm deal only and Celtic wouldn't play ball) so IF that is the case it's hardly Scottys fault he's left kicking his heels at Celtic.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

allezsauzee
18-10-2018, 08:04 AM
Anyone who thinks Scotty wouldn't be getting a start in the team has a very short memory. He was absolutely superb for us last season and worth the admission fee on his own at times.

BILLYHIBS
18-10-2018, 08:13 AM
No one knows for sure what happened in Scottallangate during the summer my fear is that Scott Allan may have fallen out of love with our club and that ship has sadly now sailed
We will find out in January

MWHIBBIES
18-10-2018, 08:17 AM

Yeah but Hyndman is earning it.

LaMotta
18-10-2018, 08:20 AM
Yeah but Hyndman is earning it.

How do you know Allan didn't want to come here on loan? What makes you think he is happy twiddling his thumbs at Parkheed?

MWHIBBIES
18-10-2018, 08:48 AM
How do you know Allan didn't want to come here on loan? What makes you think he is happy twiddling his thumbs at Parkheed?

I think this summer we'll see how much Allan wants to play football. The stupid transfers he's made in his career so far tell me he fancies money alot more than game time.

GreenArmyyy!
18-10-2018, 09:13 AM

I think you’re wrong.

BILLYHIBS
18-10-2018, 09:14 AM

:faf:

Onion
18-10-2018, 09:46 AM
Yes

WeeRussell
18-10-2018, 11:36 AM
I think this summer we'll see how much Allan wants to play football. The stupid transfers he's made in his career so far tell me he fancies money alot more than game time.

How many players in his position at the times of those signings would have done differently?

In response to the OP - Yes. And he's be our best player. Again.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
18-10-2018, 11:39 AM
He'd definitely get in the starting 11 for me. I think if we signed Allan and he plays as well as he has the past two stints he'd be our best best player imo. Would taka a while for him to get match fit anyway.

:agree:

MWHIBBIES
18-10-2018, 12:03 PM
How many players in his position at the times of those signings would have done differently?

In response to the OP - Yes. And he's be our best player. Again.
Probably the sensible ones. That's very few these days tbh. He's 26 and wasting away, hopefully he's clever enough to know better next time.

hfcok
18-10-2018, 12:03 PM
No

midfield_maestro
18-10-2018, 03:03 PM
Watching him stroll through The Rangers at Ibrox on a crackly, jittery, blocky stream remains my highlight from last season. He was unplayable.