PDA

View Full Version : Christian Nade

A Hi-Bee
17-10-2018, 04:22 PM
A wee bit surprised that no one else had said anything on this forum about one of our old arch enemies.
For as much as I disliked him playing and scoring against my team it also makes me realise that when I am yelling abuse (like what I used to do) at players I have no idea whats going on between their ears. Pretty much the same with slagging people off in any walk of life. Good luck to the big man in what is a horrible condition for anyone to suffer.

https://www.scotsman.com/news/ex-hearts-striker-christian-nade-opens-up-over-depression-battle-1-4815959

:thumbsup:

Diclonius
17-10-2018, 04:28 PM
Good on him for speaking out.

04Sauzee
17-10-2018, 04:30 PM
Can't imagine what it's like to suffer depression so well done to him for speaking out and good luck

Also if anyone in the forum's feel they need to chat to anyone I'm just a PM away.

Sir David Gray
17-10-2018, 04:46 PM
Well done to him for speaking out and if it helps just one person who's considering taking their own life then he's done a good job by going public about his own demons.

It's horrible to think that anyone feels like the only solution is to end their life.

SirDavidsNapper
17-10-2018, 04:51 PM
Nade was a pantomime villan. Nothing more. He shut us up by banging the ball in our net. Would never wish depression on anyone. Horrible thing.

beensaidbefore
17-10-2018, 04:51 PM
Can't imagine what it's like to suffer depression so well done to him for speaking out and good luck

Also if anyone in the forum's feel they need to chat to anyone I'm just a PM away.

Great Post.

Gatecrasher
17-10-2018, 04:54 PM
Nade was a pantomime villan. Nothing more. He shut us up by banging the ball in our net. Would never wish depression on anyone. Horrible thing.

:agree: just football banter at the end of the day. He gave it back as well. Hope he feels better.

CRAZYHIBBY
17-10-2018, 05:19 PM
Ah depression.....well that explains his behaviour towards his ex....back handers and threats must be part of the condition

Chic Murray
17-10-2018, 05:23 PM
A terrible thing to live with, wishing him well in his recovery.

Here’s Lucy!
17-10-2018, 05:27 PM
A terrible thing to live with, wishing him well in his recovery.

Seconded :aok:

theonlywayisup
17-10-2018, 05:31 PM
I recall one game when he fluffed a shot and the East came out with the "Ten men couldnae carry" song.

At the time I thought I bet we'll regret that and a few minutes Nade scores and celebrates in front of the East.

Can't recall which game, but always recall that moment.

Dashing Bob S
17-10-2018, 05:34 PM
Ah depression.....well that explains his behaviour towards his ex....back handers and threats must be part of the condition

I wouldn't be surprised if there was a correlation between poor mental health and abusive behaviour. But I still partly agree with you. It seems every man with a history of perpetrating abuse, usually on a woman, is now lining up to play the mental health card as an almost literal get-out-of-jail free move. People are more sympathetic to this than alcoholism.

CropleyWasGod
17-10-2018, 05:37 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if there was a correlation between poor mental health and abusive behaviour. But I still partly agree with you. It seems every man with a history of perpetrating abuse, usually on a woman, is now lining up to play the mental health card as an almost literal get-out-of-jail free move. People are more sympathetic to this than alcoholism.

And all that does, as with the Pilot Wings episode, is stigmatise those who have genuine issues with depression and anxiety.

MWHIBBIES
17-10-2018, 05:39 PM

Depression affects bad people as well.

jacomo
17-10-2018, 05:44 PM
Good luck to the big guy.

He was indeed a panto villain for us.

SquashedFrogg
17-10-2018, 05:58 PM

Poor comment but unsurprising.

Sir David Gray
17-10-2018, 06:00 PM
And all that does, as with the Pilot Wings episode, is stigmatise those who have genuine issues with depression and anxiety.

I'm unsure if i've picked you up incorrectly or not so apologies if I have but I would definitely say Nade's issue is genuine when he walked into the the Firth of Forth with the intention of drowning himself, a short while after texting goodbyes to family and friends.

CropleyWasGod
17-10-2018, 06:06 PM
I'm unsure if i've picked you up incorrectly or not so apologies if I have but I would definitely say Nade's issue is genuine when he walked into the the Firth of Forth with the intention of drowning himself, a short while after texting goodbyes to family and friends.

I think you did, but my post was poorly written in the heat of the moment.

I've no doubt of his genuine issues. It's the suggestion that people use such issues as an excuse for bad behaviour that really annoys me. That undermines those, like Nade, who are in crisis, and helps to stigmatise others who might be. That stigmatisation can inhibit people from actually seeking help.

Sir David Gray
17-10-2018, 06:10 PM
I think you did, but my post was poorly written in the heat of the moment.

I've no doubt of his genuine issues. It's the suggestion that people use such issues as an excuse that really annoys me. That undermines those, like Nade, who are in crisis, and helps to stigmatise others who might be. That stigmatisation can inhibit people from actually seeking help.

Totally agree. :aok:

proud_and_green
17-10-2018, 06:21 PM
Some incredible leaps of logic by some on this thread.

"The footballer was accused of attacking his former girlfriend and threatening to kidnap a baby and Nade, who was cleared of all charges last month, said the pressure had pushed him over the edge."

"The striker was diagnosed with depression in June of this year,"

Famous Fiver
17-10-2018, 06:21 PM
Get better soon, Christian.

hibee316
17-10-2018, 06:22 PM

Was he not cleared of this in a court of law?

judas
17-10-2018, 06:27 PM
Does this mean I have to think twice in future about calling a player a fat bxxxxd +150 times?

CropleyWasGod
17-10-2018, 06:34 PM
Was he not cleared of this in a court of law?Yep, but truth has little effect on prejudice.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

proud_and_green
17-10-2018, 06:57 PM
Yep, but truth has little effect on prejudice.

Quite, and neither does a complete lack of any knowledge or professional or lay experience of mental health deter them from making a diagnosis.

A Hi-Bee
17-10-2018, 07:22 PM
Does this mean I have to think twice in future about calling a player a fat bxxxxd +150 times?

No you think in whatever way you wish.

Hibs Class
17-10-2018, 07:32 PM

Really hope this is empathy rather than fuddery. So hard to tell.

Chic Murray
17-10-2018, 07:33 PM

I think anyone talking about suicide should be taken seriously. Professionals have ways of grading the risk of a successful attempt, but in a discussion like this, we should just accept he meant it.

Chic Murray
17-10-2018, 07:35 PM
Quite, and neither does a complete lack of any knowledge or professional or lay experience of mental health deter them from making a diagnosis.

So often the case.

A Hi-Bee
17-10-2018, 07:37 PM
I think anyone talking about suicide should be taken seriously. Professionals have ways of grading the risk of a successful attempt, but in a discussion like this, we should just accept he meant it.

Hear, Hear. not something to be f'ed around with.

Scott Allan Key
17-10-2018, 10:40 PM

There is a difference between those being treated by forensic psychiatry; ie criminals with mental health problems and those who themselves are vulnerable victims of horrible mental illnesses. That is because in the element of free will that is left to sufferers, some can resist urges to harm others or themselves by self-realisation at their darkest hour. Nade gave a good example of this when he heard his friend calling him when in the sea.

monktonharp
17-10-2018, 11:24 PM
some of the comments have got me perplexed. he was trying it on? he was legit? an attention seeker? . the guy seems like he genuinely had to get it "off his chest" so to speak. he is of an age, in modern times where there have been hundreds or thousands of young men who have been prepared to take their own lives and many have done. pressures of modern life may be something to do with it, or it may just be more "up front" these days. good on him for putting himself in the spotlight somewhat. hope he comes out the other end a better man.

Dashing Bob S
17-10-2018, 11:50 PM

Sadly yes.

CMurdoch
17-10-2018, 11:56 PM
[QUOTE=judas;5578603]Does this mean I have to think twice in future about calling a player a fat bxxxxd +150 times?[/

I know you are joking but it is a relevant question.
You are basically abusing someone at their work and if they have poor mental health you could be causing them harm.
Hopefully as we get older we become more thoughtful about the effect of our behaviour on others.
Either that or we end up divorced :wink:.

CMurdoch
18-10-2018, 12:46 AM

I think that peoples understanding and acceptance of mental health issues such as depression and anxiety, as common human conditions is far greater than it has ever been and the associated stigma is reducing. Hopefully this normalising will see people, especially men, more quickly and readily seek help and reduce associated suicides.
Public figures, like Neil Lennon, putting their hand up to say they have a problem helps with this normalisation process.
In his case it was even more impressive and useful given that he wasn't in trouble and needing to explain bad behaviour away.

The pilot wings issue is at the most complicated end of the spectrum for so many reasons and is the ultimate test for all parties.
Fortunately, most sufferers don't have such a heavy duty dilemma.

Chic Murray
18-10-2018, 02:41 AM
[QUOTE=judas;5578603]Does this mean I have to think twice in future about calling a player a fat bxxxxd +150 times?[/

I know you are joking but it is a relevant question.
You are basically abusing someone at their work and if they have poor mental health you could be causing them harm.
Hopefully as we get older we become more thoughtful about the effect of our behaviour on others.
Either that or we end up divorced :wink:.

He's a professional footballer. He has to be a competitor to do his job. If he can't handle fans abuse, how is he meant to handle the bigger stress of winning or losing

If he can't, then he needs to find another job. This is like when Miranda Hart complained of chronic anxiety before going on stage.

Dont go on stage then, find a less stressful job.

Northernhibee
18-10-2018, 06:25 AM
[QUOTE=CMurdoch;5578867]

He's a professional footballer. He has to be a competitor to do his job. If he can't handle fans abuse, how is he meant to handle the bigger stress of winning or losing

If he can't, then he needs to find another job. This is like when Miranda Hart complained of chronic anxiety before going on stage.

Nah, that’s a cop out for poor employers not offering proper support for their employees. I found myself in one job having made myself very ill after we had an armed robbery and was given no support at all by my line manager - she even instructed me not to talk about it with people and had me working in a building by myself afterwards. Found myself in a bad way.

Had some very stressful jobs since but with proper support and employee relations it’s not an issue.

Chic Murray
18-10-2018, 10:06 AM
[QUOTE=Chic Murray;5578876]

Nah, that’s a cop out for poor employers not offering proper support for their employees. I found myself in one job having made myself very ill after we had an armed robbery and was given no support at all by my line manager - she even instructed me not to talk about it with people and had me working in a building by myself afterwards. Found myself in a bad way.

Had some very stressful jobs since but with proper support and employee relations it’s not an issue.

So much conversation about mental health involves people talking about themselves, rather than the individual with the probkem. Anyway. You are not comparing apple with apple.

A much higher degree of mental toughness is needed for sportsmen, entertainers etc.

Also, there is a difference between an armed robbery and getting called a fat *******

https://www.goodtherapy.org/blog/psychpedia/transference

Northernhibee
18-10-2018, 11:34 AM
[QUOTE=Northernhibee;5578891]

So much conversation about mental health involves people talking about themselves, rather than the individual with the probkem. Anyway. You are not comparing apple with apple.

A much higher degree of mental toughness is needed for sportsmen, entertainers etc.

Also, there is a difference between an armed robbery and getting called a fat *******

https://www.goodtherapy.org/blog/psychpedia/transference

I disagree, one persons “trigger” is very different from the next. If this man has been driven to the brink of suicide it’s perhaps the empathetic thing to do to think “let’s lay off a bit”rather than “**** off and find a new job then”.

The_Horde
18-10-2018, 11:39 AM
[QUOTE=CMurdoch;5578867]

:hilarious

A complete lack of understanding of how the brain works.

Is that you Filled Rolls?

green leaves
18-10-2018, 12:02 PM

what a lovely compassionate human being you are.
Cleared of all charges and by the sound of it should never even have made it to court.
I hope you or no-one close to you suffers a depressive episode you simply havent got a scooby.

kaimendhibs
18-10-2018, 12:04 PM
What a crass comment. I have suffered from depression for many years and don't hit or abuse my wife. Have a word with yourself

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

kaimendhibs
18-10-2018, 12:07 PM
Heard it all now. Utter bullshut
[QUOTE=CMurdoch;5578867]

Chic Murray
18-10-2018, 12:56 PM
QUOTE=kaimendhibs;5579215]Heard it all now. Utter bullshut

Why do you say you that?

Chic Murray
18-10-2018, 01:08 PM
[QUOTE=Chic Murray;5579064]

I disagree, one persons “trigger” is very different from the next. If this man has been driven to the brink of suicide it’s perhaps the empathetic thing to do to think “let’s lay off a bit”rather than “**** off and find a new job then”.

Is it? What responsibility does he have to maintain a healthy mental state?

Perhaps the real answer is not to be horrible to people at all. Even if that means letting them win the game in case we trigger something, or to laugh at a comedian's jokes in case they do a Stephen Fry and go AWOL.

What about being cutting, witty or scathing on here. Maybe that's wrong, you don't know what people's triggers are

Maybe this post will send you over the edge, or your post has sent me over the edge. What if......

StevesFamau5
18-10-2018, 01:18 PM

:top marks

as someone who has suffered with mild depression from years of bullying at school it's refreshing to see posts like this.

Sometimes all you need is just someone to talk to no matter how small the problem may seem.

Much appreciated :flag:

CropleyWasGod
18-10-2018, 01:27 PM

Why do you say you that?

It's the suggestion that, because he is prone to depression (for whatever reason), he shouldn't do the job that is particularly irritating for depression-sufferers.

That, as I mentioned before, is going down the path of the Pilot Wings guy.

Chic Murray
18-10-2018, 01:30 PM

:hilarious

Is that you Filled Rolls?

No, I'm not.

How does the brain work, and what have I misunderstood?

Chic Murray
18-10-2018, 01:34 PM
It's the suggestion that, because he is prone to depression (for whatever reason), he shouldn't do the job that is particularly irritating for depression-sufferers.

That, as I mentioned before, is going down the path of the Pilot Wings guy.

Sorry, I don't understand your second sentence.

Just to be clear, I am not saying people with an illness will never be capable of doing a job. Just that to do a competitive job, such as sport which involves winning and losing, then dealing with cat calls from fans, the stress of competition, dressing room sledging, and criticism in the press, are all challenges which would be harder to overcome when unwell.

If people are even suggesting they would abuse him away from sport, then that's scary.

CropleyWasGod
18-10-2018, 01:41 PM
Sorry, I don't understand your second sentence.

Just to be clear, I am not saying people with an illness will never be capable of doing a job. Just that to do a competitive job, such as sport which involves winning and losing, then dealing with cat calls from fans, the stress of competition, dressing room sledging, and criticism in the press, are all challenges which would be harder to overcome when unwell.

If people are even suggesting they would abuse him away from sport, then that's scary.

The Pilot Wings pilot flew a plane into the side of a mountain. He, apparently, was taking anti-depressants. Those without empathy connected the 2, and blamed the crash on his depression, without proof obviously. That led to "calls" for all pilots to be tested for anti-depressive medication, and to be banned from flying if they tested positive. An appaling stigmatisation IMO.

So, from that, and your posts, we are potentially saying to people "hey, I know you have more skill than Messi. But, you know, you're on Prozac, so you'll probably never make it....."

Surely better to say "hey, I know you have issues. And it might get difficult for you if you're having a bad game. But here's how we're going to deal with them..."

Chic Murray
18-10-2018, 02:02 PM
The Pilot Wings pilot flew a plane into the side of a mountain. He, apparently, was taking anti-depressants. Those without empathy connected the 2, and blamed the crash on his depression, without proof obviously. That led to "calls" for all pilots to be tested for anti-depressive medication, and to be banned from flying if they tested positive. An appaling stigmatisation IMO.

So, from that, and your posts, we are potentially saying to people "hey, I know you have more skill than Messi. But, you know, you're on Prozac, so you'll probably never make it....."

Surely better to say "hey, I know you have issues. And it might get difficult for you if you're having a bad game. But here's how we're going to deal with them..."

Definitely encourage them to work if they can. And coaches and employers should allow for that

This adjunct was about whether supporters have a role to play too.

I think asking supporters to become so passive that they don't barrack an opponent is going too far.

It's like asking people to laugh at a bad comedian because they have a history of schizophrenia.

hibee316
18-10-2018, 02:03 PM

Our very own manager played and manages at a very high level and has well documented mental health issues.

There are countless stories of professional athletes who have mental health issues succeeding at the very top of their sports.

There is anecdotal evidence that the percentage of top athletes with mental health issues is massively higher than reported as many athletes are afraid of the stigma that exists around mental health.

A stigma which is perpetuated by statements such as "if he can't hack the stress, get another job ".

I don't see Nade complaining as you have alluded to, but highlighting an issue many people face, including top athletes.

CropleyWasGod
18-10-2018, 02:06 PM
Definitely encourage them to work if they can. And coaches and employers should allow for that

This adjunct was about whether supporters have a role to play too.

I think asking supporters to become so passive that they don't barrack an opponent is going too far.

It's like asking people to laugh at a bad comedian because they have a history of schizophrenia.

Which is completely different to your previous post about Miranda Hart. Glad we've changed your mind. :greengrin

Chic Murray
18-10-2018, 02:07 PM
Our very own manager played and manages at a very high level and has well documented mental health issues.

There are countless stories of professional athletes who have mental health issues succeeding at the very top of their sports.

There is anecdotal evidence that the percentage of top athletes with mental health issues is massively higher than reported as many athletes are afraid of the stigma that exists around mental health.

A stigma which is perpetuated by statements such as "if he can't hack the stress, get another job ".

I don't see Nade complaining as you have alluded to, but highlighting an issue many people face, including top athletes.

Put it this way, if you can't do the job due to stress, you don't get paid. It's a no brainer really.

If you can do the job in the presence of it, well done.

I've already mentioned transference. Seems to me people are treating professional football as if it is the job they do. It's not.

Leave out the virtue signalling with the "perpetuating the stigma" crap please.You know hee haw about me.

StevesFamau5
18-10-2018, 02:10 PM

Spot on.

Another example of people in prominent sports is the NFL.

http://uk.businessinsider.com/steve-smith-opens-up-depression-2018-8

These are guys that get paid millions to literally run into other blokes over and over again (simplifying for those unsure of American Football haha)

By the logic of some people on here, they shouldn't be doing it at all if they're "not well enough to handle it".... One thing I have learnt from my own struggles with depression is you have good days, bad days, great days and terrible days. Some come in 2s or 3s and some come in 6s or 7s. Fact is their is no pattern and anything can trigger the negative or self deprecating feelings to creep back.

For example today I feel great, I am feeling productive and confident, yet this time yesterday I was quiet reserved and trying to smile when all I wanted to do was hide away from the world. Their is no play book on depression or mental health, those who choose to demonise and stigma it are just fanning the flames of doubt for those to scared to come forward.

Everyone is entitled to have an opinion on things, but some should maybe not voice it publicly :na na:

GGTTH!:nlgwa

bigwheel
18-10-2018, 02:10 PM
[QUOTE=CMurdoch;5578867]

Well, at least we now have the dictionary definition for "Lack of Empathy"

CropleyWasGod
18-10-2018, 02:13 PM
Put it this way, if you can't do the job due to stress, you don't get paid. It's a no brainer really.

I've already mentioned transference. Seems to me people are treating professional football as if it is the job they do. It's not.

Leave out the virtue signalling with the "perpetuating the stigma" crap please.You know hee haw about me.

Do you actually mean that?

Chic Murray
18-10-2018, 02:16 PM
Which is completely different to your previous post about Miranda Hart. Glad we've changed your mind. :greengrin

If she can, good. If she can't, find another job that pays millions of pounds a year. I can see what a strain it must be for her, but I had no idea she has schizophrenia.

You know, there is a limit to how much sympathy you can have for rich people who have lots of other options open to them.

"My mental distress meant I couldn't buy my daughter a pony" type of thing. A lot of the bull on telly is aimed at first world problems.

Not helping the meths drinkers in the Cowgate much any of this.

Chic Murray
18-10-2018, 02:18 PM
Do you actually mean that?

You play football, you get dropped because you lose form due to stress. You don't get paid.

What's hard to understand?

The answer lies in supporting athletes, as you said.

CropleyWasGod
18-10-2018, 02:22 PM
If she can, good. If she can't, find another job that pays millions of pounds a year. I can see what a strain it must be for her, but I had no idea she has schizophrenia.

You know, there is a limit to how much sympathy you can have for rich people who have lots of other options open to them.

"My mental distress meant I couldn't buy my daughter a pony" type of thing. A lot of the bull on telly is aimed at first world problems.

Not helping the meths drinkers in the Cowgate much any of this.

You play football, you get dropped because you lose form due to stress. You don't get paid.

What's hard to understand?

The answer lies in supporting athletes, as you said.

So if you were off work with stress or some sort of emotional issue, you wouldn't expect to be paid?

Chic Murray
18-10-2018, 02:22 PM

Well, at least we now have the dictionary definition for "Lack of Empathy"

I'm sure I'd find that funny if it wasn't for my own long history of mental illness. Where's your empathy

You know hee haw about me. If you want to deal with my points in a reasoned manner, fine, but cut the virtue signalling.

By the way, I'm sure you'd be happy if Neil Lennon fielded 11 basket cases who could not run in the right direction and would empathise with the kicking the opposition gave us.

Chic Murray
18-10-2018, 02:24 PM

Spot on.

These are guys that get paid millions to literally run into other blokes over and over again (simplifying for those unsure of American Football haha)

By the logic of some people on here, they shouldn't be doing it at all if they're "not well enough to handle it".... One thing I have learnt from my own struggles with depression is you have good days, bad days, great days and terrible days. Some come in 2s or 3s and some come in 6s or 7s. Fact is their is no pattern and anything can trigger the negative or self deprecating feelings to creep back.

For example today I feel great, I am feeling productive and confident, yet this time yesterday I was quiet reserved and trying to smile when all I wanted to do was hide away from the world. Their is no play book on depression or mental health, those who choose to demonise and stigma it are just fanning the flames of doubt for those to scared to come forward.

Everyone is entitled to have an opinion on things, but some should maybe not voice it publicly :na na:

Who decides what opinions can and can't be voiced publicly? This is getting good.

Chic Murray
18-10-2018, 02:26 PM
So if you were off work with stress or some sort of emotional issue, you wouldn't expect to be paid?

Actually, yes. I am self employed.

CropleyWasGod
18-10-2018, 02:30 PM
Actually, yes. I am self employed.

Fair enough.

So you'll know better than most about the need to manage your health, both physical and mental, in order to maximise your income.

Just as Miranda Hart, Christian Nade and Neil Lennon do.

Chic Murray
18-10-2018, 02:40 PM
Fair enough.

So you'll know better than most about the need to manage your health, both physical and mental, in order to maximise your income.

Just as Miranda Hart, Christian Nade and Neil Lennon do.

We are singing from the same hymn sheet. :greengrin

See Me, not the disability. Dont define people by their illness. Don't offer sympathy when you don't understand what you are talking about.

Politicians have been pressing this mental health button for at least two years. What we have now is loads of people saying what they think sounds right, but who have not made any effort to understand ALL the issues.

It is not helping the mentally ill one bit

CropleyWasGod
18-10-2018, 02:41 PM
We are singing from the same hymn sheet. :greengrin

See Me, not the disability. Dont define people by their illness. Don't offer sympathy when you don't understand what you are talking about.

Politicians have been pressing this mental health button for at least two years. What we have now is loads of people saying what they think sounds right, but who have not made any effort to understand ALL the issues.

It is not helping the mentally ill one bit

In the words of McCoist, A... "who are these people?".

StevesFamau5
18-10-2018, 03:04 PM
Who decides what opinions can and can't be voiced publicly? This is getting good.

Dont go on stage then, find a less stressful job

OK let me rephrase it for you seeing as how you are clearly going at everyone who dares question you..

Your post above is the exact reason why opinions should at least be reviewed before posting then..... Better?

hibee316
18-10-2018, 03:16 PM

You are correct I don't know anything about you.
That is my opinion though about statements such as that.

You do come across as having quite an uncaring attitude to this from your posts. I don't think it is as black and white as you make out.

There are plenty of instances of professional athletes who have suffered stress and couldn't perform for a while, but when well were at the top end of their sport, and I would imagine a number of them earned money during their absence due to contracts they had. I don't see how that matches with your opinion of stress and not being able to do the job.

bigwheel
18-10-2018, 03:21 PM
[QUOTE=bigwheel;5579317]

I'm sure I'd find that funny if it wasn't for my own long history of mental illness. Where's your empathy

You know hee haw about me. If you want to deal with my points in a reasoned manner, fine, but cut the virtue signalling.

By the way, I'm sure you'd be happy if Neil Lennon fielded 11 basket cases who could not run in the right direction and would empathise with the kicking the opposition gave us.

There was no moral or pious intent to my post...I am not judging you as a person. I am responding to the content of your post. I was (and still am) stunned by the implied lack suggested empathy for the person. Particularly in light of this reply and some of the other "see the person not the illness" points you are making. As an observation, you seem to often attack the poster rather than the content, when you don't like the message.

I have absolutely no idea what you are trying to say with the section in bold.

proud_and_green
18-10-2018, 04:32 PM
[QUOTE=CMurdoch;5578867]

Dont go on stage then, find a less stressful job.Aye well done, you're helping prepare him. Part of the coaching team really....!

I have seldom read such a load of tripe on this board!

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

kaimendhibs
18-10-2018, 04:48 PM
Because no one should have to change jobs because they are ill

Why do you say you that?

Here’s Lucy!
18-10-2018, 04:55 PM

Quite correct.

beensaidbefore
18-10-2018, 05:08 PM

But if you know it is the job that is making you unwell is it the best idea to try and continue on that path. Not trying to start an argument, but I can see it from both sides. Why put oneself through the torture if there are other less difficult options. The ability to make such a call is probably easier for someone who is financially secure, ie footballer, comedian, than someone working a 'normal' job.

That said employers should be doing all they can to help.

A Hi-Bee
18-10-2018, 05:13 PM

Spot on.

Good for you, I hear where you are coming from have been in the dark days myself on many occasions, but like the weather they do pass.
Glad I started this thread as if it even helps one person one little bit and adds to the discussion about how mad or not we all are then great, (I find humour helps).
Even the daft opinions are worth reading as they solicit some good replies and the more people speak about this the bloody better as far as I am concerned. I have worked in some of the highest stressed jobs available in civilian life most done in another country or two or three with all that you have to contend with. But I never let the *******s get me down as I have learned to deal with my own mental state most of the time. Not easy, but if I can do it then most will be able to as well. Speak about things is the advice I was given, dont be afraid to ask for help was the other most important bit of advice I ever got.
So **** them all I say, and lets get on with trying to win this league.

GGTTH

:flag::flag::flag:

judas
18-10-2018, 05:14 PM
So is he still a fat bxxxxxd?

Iggy Pope
18-10-2018, 05:15 PM
We need a soapbox board.

A Hi-Bee
18-10-2018, 05:51 PM
So is he still a fat bxxxxxd?

I think you would have to ask him that yourself.

A Hi-Bee
18-10-2018, 05:52 PM
[QUOTE=bigwheel;5579317]

Maybe the next time Neil Lennon has a downturn we should just tell him to get another job!

Chic Murray
18-10-2018, 05:53 PM

Of course not, but often they do. I know people who can't work on the roofs because there knees are shot. Likewise we have lost players to injury before their time.

A compassionate club would judge the player on their performances. If mental illness was impacting on it, it would be the same as any other performance limiting factor.

If you've got a broken leg, you don't make the team; if depression is causing you fatigue, or to get sent off too often, or effecting your concentration, you'd also be rested.

Clubs would give the player time to reflect overcome their physical or mental challenges, but all concerned may agree enough is enough, and the contract may not be renewed

Then it's a case of the player trying to find another club, or decide to retire.

That's all I'm trying to get across. Mental illness (and it is a massive spectrum) is no different from any other. We should be compassionate, but ultimately we would be doing someone a disservice if we didn't recognise their shortcomings.

A lot of second guessing how someone would respond to what people say, on here. My depression would not improve if I was not performing at the level required.

Chic Murray
18-10-2018, 05:57 PM
[QUOTE=Chic Murray;5579333]

Maybe the next time Neil Lennon has a downturn we should just tell him to get another job!

I'm pretty sure many will if results were poor. Don't kid yourself, and don't think he wouldn't know whether he needed to go.

There was very little concern about his mental health before he was our manager.

And how would we know he was low anyway? What nonsense some of you speak about mental health.

A Hi-Bee
18-10-2018, 06:03 PM
[QUOTE=A Hi-Bee;5579501]

I'm pretty sure many will if results were poor. Don't kid yourself, and don't think he wouldn't know whether he needed to go.

There was very little concern about his mental health before he was our manager.

And how would we know he was low anyway? What nonsense some of you speak about mental health.

Each to their own when it comes to mental health my friend.

Chic Murray
18-10-2018, 06:03 PM
In the words of McCoist, A... "who are these people?".

Politicians, pharmaceutical companies, an army of psychology graduates, the work shy, drug abusers, poor parents, the list goes on and on.

That will go down well, I'm sure. I would also add that there are numbers of people in the same categories that have made an effort

I found this a fascinating read, https://www.gov.scot/Publications/2009/05/06154655/0

Why is this not an integral part of all government policy? Is it because it's much cheaper to throw SSRIs at the problem then give people a meaningful existence?

Chic Murray
18-10-2018, 06:04 PM
[QUOTE=Chic Murray;5579506]

Each to their own when it comes to mental health my friend.

What does that even mean?

Chic Murray
18-10-2018, 06:06 PM

Dont go on stage then, find a less stressful job

OK let me rephrase it for you seeing as how you are clearly going at everyone who dares question you..

Your post above is the exact reason why opinions should at least be reviewed before posting then..... Better?

Do you mean because somebody won't like what I'm saying, because it goes against their orthodoxy? Got you.

I actually don't get you. What do you mean?

A Hi-Bee
18-10-2018, 06:09 PM
[QUOTE=A Hi-Bee;5579509]

What does that even mean?

It means that we all deal with our ***** in different ways no one size fits all, now I shall go an get ma tea, mabe even lie doon in a darkened room for a while.

StevesFamau5
18-10-2018, 06:13 PM
Do you mean because somebody won't like what I'm saying, because it goes against their orthodoxy? Got you.

I actually don't get you. What do you mean?

Do you know what... I'm done with you. I do not have the mental capacity to reply to your constant attempts to start some argument with me.

I have made my point, your initial post was critical of people in high profile roles with mental health issues, or so it seemed. If I got it wrong then my bad.

This is me washing my hands of this conversation...

Chic Murray
18-10-2018, 06:13 PM
[QUOTE=Chic Murray;5579511]

It means that we all deal with our ***** in different ways no one size fits all, now I shall go an get ma tea, mabe even lie doon in a darkened room for a while.

Right.

Chic Murray
18-10-2018, 06:15 PM
Do you know what... I'm done with you. I do not have the mental capacity to reply to your constant attempts to start some argument with me.

I have made my point, your initial post was critical of people in high profile roles with mental health issues, or so it seemed. If I got it wrong then my bad.

This is me washing my hands of this conversation...

Yeah, definite communication breakdown.

Nice talking about you.

CropleyWasGod
18-10-2018, 06:42 PM
Politicians, pharmaceutical companies, an army of psychology graduates, the work shy, drug abusers, poor parents, the list goes on and on.

That will go down well, I'm sure. I would also add that there are numbers of people in the same categories that have made an effort

I found this a fascinating read, https://www.gov.scot/Publications/2009/05/06154655/0

Why is this not an integral part of all government policy? Is it because it's much cheaper to throw SSRIs at the problem then give people a meaningful existence?It's a Scottish government paper, so is it not policy? Or at least a step towards policy?

On the subject of cost, the current darling of the NHS is CBT, so presumably the cost of that is not seen as prohibitive. That's a step forward IMO, but still a long way away from holistic approaches for individuals and the admission of other talking therapies. It remains the case that those who would benefit the most from access to the likes of hypnotherapy are those who can least afford it.

bodhibs
18-10-2018, 07:44 PM
Some of the posts on this thread are at best embarrassing and at worst are pathetic.

A Hi-Bee
18-10-2018, 08:09 PM
Some of the posts on this thread are at best embarrassing and at worst are pathetic.

Aye some of it wiz givin me a sore heid, but some good points about a serious subject made, so in my wee heid all good.

SquashedFrogg
18-10-2018, 08:48 PM
Of course not, but often they do. I know people who can't work on the roofs because there knees are shot. Likewise we have lost players to injury before their time.

A compassionate club would judge the player on their performances. If mental illness was impacting on it, it would be the same as any other performance limiting factor.

If you've got a broken leg, you don't make the team; if depression is causing you fatigue, or to get sent off too often, or effecting your concentration, you'd also be rested.

Clubs would give the player time to reflect overcome their physical or mental challenges, but all concerned may agree enough is enough, and the contract may not be renewed

Then it's a case of the player trying to find another club, or decide to retire.

That's all I'm trying to get across. Mental illness (and it is a massive spectrum) is no different from any other. We should be compassionate, but ultimately we would be doing someone a disservice if we didn't recognise their shortcomings.

A lot of second guessing how someone would respond to what people say, on here. My depression would not improve if I was not performing at the level required.

Don't know where to begin. All I do know is that your last sentence tells me you don't suffer from depression.

How do you improve depression? Do you tell alcoholics just to stop drinking?

Sheltered approach to the real world my friend.

SquashedFrogg
18-10-2018, 08:50 PM

Agreed. My worry is that these thoughts aren't confined to laptops! These people walk our amongst us.

bodhibs
18-10-2018, 09:10 PM
Agreed. My worry is that these thoughts aren't confined to laptops! These people walk our amongst us.

I truly hope to f no eh!

StevesFamau5
18-10-2018, 09:19 PM
If any of the posts I have made are in the unacceptable bracket then please be assured I don't mean to be offensive or ignorant.

The original post and subsequent support made me feel comfortable admitting my own issues to the forum.

I may have got a tad carried away with some posts and my reactions. For that I am sorry folks.

Bringing it all full circle, regardless of what Nade or other athletes may or may not have done outside of the sporting world, coming forward about struggles with depression or any other mental health struggles is something that as humans we should all be aware of. Whether you agree with it or not is entirely up to you.

Thanks for listening. GGTTH!

Think it's time for a wee dram before bed 😂

CropleyWasGod
18-10-2018, 09:24 PM
If any of the posts I have made are in the unacceptable bracket then please be assured I don't mean to be offensive or ignorant.

The original post and subsequent support made me feel comfortable admitting my own issues to the forum.

I may have got a tad carried away with some posts and my reactions. For that I am sorry folks.

Bringing it all full circle, regardless of what Nade or other athletes may or may not have done outside of the sporting world, coming forward about struggles with depression or any other mental health struggles is something that as humans we should all be aware of. Whether you agree with it or not is entirely up to you.

Thanks for listening. GGTTH!

Think it's time for a wee dram before bed [emoji23]Have a look at this. You're never alone (with a schizophrenic [emoji16])

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Ehibs%2Enet%2Fshow thread%2Ephp%3Ft%3D250455&share_tid=250455&share_fid=563&share_type=t

The best thread on the site IMO.

Liam6270
18-10-2018, 09:48 PM

Ah the classic keyboard warrior, what tool you are

Chic Murray
18-10-2018, 11:19 PM
Don't know where to begin. All I do know is that your last sentence tells me you don't suffer from depression.

How do you improve depression? Do you tell alcoholics just to stop drinking?

Sheltered approach to the real world my friend.

Quite cruel and deliberately ignorant I feel. I'm not going to discuss my recovery on here. All I can say is, for me, it's been about accepting reality and seeing that black dog for what it is.

There are a variety of approaches, ranging from diet, exercise, change of lifestyle, avoiding alcohol and narcotics, talking therapies, medication, peer support groups, hospitalisation, electro convulsive therapy

Google is your friend, as is your GP, SAMH, and many other support groups.

Chic Murray
18-10-2018, 11:34 PM
It's a Scottish government paper, so is it not policy? Or at least a step towards policy?

On the subject of cost, the current darling of the NHS is CBT, so presumably the cost of that is not seen as prohibitive. That's a step forward IMO, but still a long way away from holistic approaches for individuals and the admission of other talking therapies. It remains the case that those who would benefit the most from access to the likes of hypnotherapy are those who can least afford it.

My point is every piece of legislation should be referring to the goals set out there. Instead politicians come out with "mental health" as meaningless buzz words, Willie Rennue and the Lib Dems are particularly bad

Check out each parties spokesperson on mental health. The SNP now have a forner psych nurse in position. The closest other parties get us Sarwar, who used to have a dental practice!

Previous government minister was an ex primary school teacher. The government set targets for reducing suicide, gone all quiet on that recently though

A talking therapist in every GP practice would be a start, but (I know people won't like this) they would probably get snowed under by people seeing it as a route to benefits, or the worried well

More work has to be done on trauma, particularly childhood trauma, but I fear again that money invested in child and adolescent services, will be diverted to dealing with behavioural probkems

Then there is the complete dark hole that is brain injuries. You see stories in the likes of the Daily Record about people languishing in general hospitals because there is nowhere to put them.

Coming back to football, there is great work being done to build self esteem, and overall physical and mental well being. I think the SFA should be working there.

It needs somebody to bang heads together.

Captain Trips
18-10-2018, 11:51 PM
I would like to through my tuppence in from someone here who was diagnosed with depression and anxiety.

I have it under control just now with medication but it had nothing to do with how my life was or is. I constantly felt that there was something wrong when there wasn't ,I would look for the worst case scenario to happen and even if 9x out of 10 I was wrong the tenth time justified my state of mind.

There was really nothing wrong in my life my mind just made me feel like there was and if there wasn't there should be.

bigwheel
19-10-2018, 04:15 AM
I would like to through my tuppence in from someone here who was diagnosed with depression and anxiety.

I have it under control just now with medication but it had nothing to do with how my life was or is. I constantly felt that there was something wrong when there wasn't ,I would look for the worst case scenario to happen and even if 9x out of 10 I was wrong the tenth time justified my state of mind.

There was really nothing wrong in my life my mind just made me feel like there was and if there wasn't there should be.

Thanks for sharing ..I’m always humbled when people in our community share real examples such as this..it gives a small indication of the complexity of such health challenges people face...wishing you good luck and continued support in this ...

It’s more in the spirit of the original topic on this thread..It can only be positive when people with a public profile speak openly around mental health and well-being topics. I wish Nade the best..we have given him loads of stick over the years..he seemed to regularly get the last laugh by often scoring against us..fair play - best way to respond [emoji122]

kaimendhibs
19-10-2018, 07:49 AM

There was really nothing wrong in my life my mind just made me feel like there was and if there wasn't there should be.That's exactly where I am mate

Captain Trips
19-10-2018, 08:38 AM
I would probably say getting stick from us ie 10 men couldn't carry etc etc would not be an issue as I could probably box that up as I am trying to beat them of course they do not like me.

Most of us do not do a job that involves you trying to make 1000s of people unhappy in front of them so therefore I think I myself would not have been bothered by stick from opposition fans. It is I guess what you have no control over you try to take control of but it tends to be in a negative manner.

I had been a big football gambler for years even after starting to go on my medication it continued. I was betting with money needed for bills selling stuff to keep going I have had to get a debt charity in to save me and help me consolidate. But this didn't get me down even though it was totally out of control it was me who was fully controlling it. This is indeed why depression is such a difficult thing to perhaps understand as that level of gambling would have been a massive worry to most people it was even to me but it was my worry fully created by me.

CRAZYHIBBY
19-10-2018, 08:38 AM
Ah the classic keyboard warrior, what tool you are

Youre the tool ....and clearly clueless as to what a keyboard warrior actually is

Chic Murray
19-10-2018, 09:01 AM
You are correct I don't know anything about you.
That is my opinion though about statements such as that.

You do come across as having quite an uncaring attitude to this from your posts. I don't think it is as black and white as you make out.

There are plenty of instances of professional athletes who have suffered stress and couldn't perform for a while, but when well were at the top end of their sport, and I would imagine a number of them earned money during their absence due to contracts they had. I don't see how that matches with your opinion of stress and not being able to do the job.

Hopefully, my later posts show where I stand on the shades of grey.

What does a caring person sound like, by the way?

Why do you say that?

flash
19-10-2018, 09:02 AM
This thread's going well.

jacomo
19-10-2018, 09:03 AM
Youre the tool ....and clearly clueless as to what a keyboard warrior actually is

Please go away. Your recent contributions on this site have been needlessly provocative.

Go troll people on 4chan or wherever instead.

Chic Murray
19-10-2018, 09:08 AM
This thread's going well.

Please go away. Your recent contributions on this site have been needlessly provocative.

Go troll people on 4chan or wherever instead.

So much competition to show who cares most that people are going out of their way to show how little they care about others.

Virtue signalling +++

CropleyWasGod
19-10-2018, 09:21 AM
So much competition to show who cares most that people are going out of their way to show how little they care about others.

Virtue signalling +++One of these days I might understand what the term "virtue signalling" actually means.

However, for a thread that is devoid of stereotyping, stigmatising, judgement, blame-shifting, misunderstanding and abuse, the Depression and Anxiety thread is the one to follow. Real people, with real experiences.

hibee316
19-10-2018, 09:36 AM
Hopefully, my later posts show where I stand on the shades of grey.

What does a caring person sound like, by the way?

It did to an extent yes, and there is a lot of what you said that I agree with, not all mind you.

I can see from your later posts that you clearly understand and care about this subject a lot, I was pointing out that some of your posts though do seem uncaring and frankly aggressive.

For example, the later part of your post above. However, that is your right. As it is my right not to like the wording of your posts.

This is obviously a discussion that a lot of people have strong opinions on. You have said repeatedly that people don't know your circumstances, yet you have no knowledge of the circumstances of the others who have posted.

Chic Murray
19-10-2018, 09:46 AM
It did to an extent yes, and there is a lot of what you said that I agree with, not all mind you.

I can see from your later posts that you clearly understand and care about this subject a lot, I was pointing out that some of your posts though do seem uncaring and frankly aggressive.

For example, the later part of your post above. However, that is your right. As it is my right not to like the wording of your posts.

This is obviously a discussion that a lot of people have strong opinions on. You have said repeatedly that people don't know your circumstances, yet you have no knowledge of the circumstances of the others who have posted.

Thanks, I prefer to think a sharp knife cuts clean, and prefer to get to the point.

I'm not really sure what your last sentence is about. I haven't told any individual they don't know what they are talking about, or don't care. If someone says that to me, I merely point out they can only be guessing about my life

Chic Murray
19-10-2018, 09:51 AM
One of these days I might understand what the term "virtue signalling" actually means.

However, for a thread that is devoid of stereotyping, stigmatising, judgement, blame-shifting, misunderstanding and abuse, the Depression and Anxiety thread is the one to follow. Real people, with real experiences.

Folsom Prison 1968

Governor : Mr Cash, I hope you won't be singing any songs that remind the men they are in prison
Johnny Cash : You think they've fiorgot?

(Adopting a stance which attempts to show you care about someone, whilst demonstrating you don't understand the issues they really face.)

CropleyWasGod
19-10-2018, 09:53 AM
Folsom Prison 1968

Governor : Mr Cash, I hope you won't be singing any songs that remind the men they are in prison
Johnny Cash : You think they've fiorgot?

(Adopting a stance which attempts to show you care about someone, whilst demonstrating you don't understand the issues they really face.)Is that happening on this thread?

jacomo
19-10-2018, 09:56 AM

Virtue signalling +++

What are you on about?

:confused:

The poster I referred to has made a number of ludicrous posts across many threads on this site and it’s very tiresome.

Chic Murray
19-10-2018, 10:01 AM
Is that happening on this thread?

Yes . Much judgementalism, either on Nade, or other people

What are you on about?

:confused:

The poster I referred to has made a number of ludicrous posts across many threads on this site and it’s very tiresome.

In your opinion.

CropleyWasGod
19-10-2018, 10:04 AM
Yes . Much judgementalism, either on Nade, or other people

In your opinion.

Every day's a school day. Where in particular?

hibee316
19-10-2018, 10:09 AM
Thanks, I prefer to think a sharp knife cuts clean, and prefer to get to the point.

Fair enough; in my opinion with out any vocal, facial or body gestures to go with, I think it can be very hard to express our opinions exactly how we want them.

I'm not really sure what your last sentence is about. I haven't told any individual they don't know what they are talking about, or don't care. If someone says that to me, I merely point out they can only be guessing about my life

Your continued use of the phrase "virtue signalling (which I had to look up) insinuates that other posters are posting just to look good socially rather than the fact they might be posting because this issues affects them and they hold strong opinions on it.
To simply call it all "virtue signalling" seems like you have not considered why the person has posted what they have.

Chic Murray
19-10-2018, 10:17 AM
Fair enough; in my opinion with out any vocal, facial or body gestures to go with, I think it can be very hard to express our opinions exactly how we want them.

Your continued use of the phrase "virtue signalling (which I had to look up) insinuates that other posters are posting just to look good socially rather than the fact they might be posting because this issues affects them and they hold strong opinions on it.
To simply call it all "virtue signalling" seems like you have not considered why the person has posted what they have.

This is going round in circles. Let's stop.

hibee316
19-10-2018, 10:19 AM
This is going round in circles. Let's stop.

Sure, we will have to agree to disagree

Chic Murray
19-10-2018, 10:35 AM
Every day's a school day. Where in particular?

Hardly fair to run a list. It keeps getting repeated that people may have their own reasons for posting what they do.

Some are stick outs. If you can be bothered, you might find them.

CropleyWasGod
19-10-2018, 10:38 AM
Hardly fair to run a list. It keeps getting repeated that people may have their own reasons for posting what they do.

Some are stick outs. If you can be bothered, you might find them.

Other than the poster who mentioned the wife-beating, I don't see any that are stick-outs. I tend to assume, rightly or wrongly, that the people who post on this and the other thread are being genuine, and talking from their own experiences.

If they're not, they're hiding it well. I can't understand, though, why people would do that.

WhileTheChief..
19-10-2018, 10:43 AM
Apparently depression is worthy of sympathy and understanding whereas injured players are fair game for abuse and ridicule if the top two threads on here are to be believed!

CropleyWasGod
19-10-2018, 10:47 AM
Apparently depression is worthy of sympathy and understanding whereas injured players are fair game for abuse and ridicule if the top two threads on here are to be believed!

Different posters?

Chic Murray
19-10-2018, 10:49 AM
Mr Cropley, are you having a laugh?

What a lovely compassionate human being you are.

I hope you or no-one close to you suffers a depressive episode you simply havent got a scooby.****

What a crass comment.
Well, at least we now have the dictionary definition for "Lack of Empathy

Aye well done, you're helping prepare him. Part of the coaching team really....!

Other than the poster who mentioned the wife-beating, I don't see any that are stick-outs. I tend to assume, rightly or wrongly, that the people who post on this and the other thread are being genuine, and talking from their own experiences.

If they're not, they're hiding it well. I can't understand, though, why people would do that.

Sure they are. :rolleyes: That's one page.

I can't understand either. Maybe they have "mental health issues"?

Are you playing mind games mate?

CropleyWasGod
19-10-2018, 10:54 AM
Mr Cropley, are you having a laugh?

What a lovely compassionate human being you are.

I hope you or no-one close to you suffers a depressive episode you simply havent got a scooby.****

What a crass comment.
Well, at least we now have the dictionary definition for "Lack of Empathy

Aye well done, you're helping prepare him. Part of the coaching team really....!

Sure they are. :rolleyes: That's one page.

I can't understand either. Maybe they have "mental health issues"?

Are you playing mind games mate?

We may be talking about different things here.

I asked for examples of "virtue signalling", which you defined as "Adopting a stance which attempts to show you care about someone, whilst demonstrating you don't understand the issues they really face."

Whilst the quotes you list may be something else, I can't see how they fit into that definition.

Mind games? Certainly not. I am, though, curious from a personal and a professional perspective about people's views and experiences.

overdrive
19-10-2018, 11:41 AM
I think awareness of mental health has come a long way in recent years. When I joined my professional institute as a student member around about 12 years ago, I had to sign something confirming that I had no history of mental health issues. I wonder if they still make people sign this (I wasn't made to sign anything similar when I qualified). If they do I think it is pretty disgusting that they would prevent someone from doing their professional exams just because they have had mental health issues in the past.

I hope Nade is OK. Interestingly, he says he quite enjoyed the songs we used to sing about him.

heidtheba
19-10-2018, 12:27 PM
That's exactly where I am mate

Sorry to hear that, but you're not alone in suffering with it/experiencing it and you're certainly not alone in terms of having people who can support you. I'm not an expert, I am a primary teacher and I've reached a bit of an epiphany over the years with my own anxiety and issues (I get chronic migraines which result in mild depression). I'm more than happy to share strategies that have worked for me, or even just be on the other end of a PM or facebook message.
PM if you want to.

For those who want to be more proactive in dealing with things like anxiety (not the medical side of depression - that's not a case of 'mind over matter'), then have a look at Stoicism. There's loads of stuff out there and a lot of it really helped me. Again, I'm more than happy to share.

I also realise this may be the wrong forum for it so apologies for that.

Smartie
19-10-2018, 01:12 PM
I think awareness of mental health has come a long way in recent years. When I joined my professional institute as a student member around about 12 years ago, I had to sign something confirming that I had no history of mental health issues. I wonder if they still make people sign this (I wasn't made to sign anything similar when I qualified). If they do I think it is pretty disgusting that they would prevent someone from doing their professional exams just because they have had mental health issues in the past.

I hope Nade is OK. Interestingly, he says he quite enjoyed the songs we used to sing about him.

We had great fun with Nade.

He took pelters - but fair play to him, he managed to give us plenty back.

I wonder if this is part of his problem? A lot of recently-retired sportsmen or people on a downward spiral have issues with depression.

Rather than feel bad about what we shouted and sang at him, I don't really have any regrets about it - we gave him the opportunity to stuff the words down our throats, which he did and savoured.

That high must be hard to replace.

Best wishes to the big man. And that is big, not fat. I got the shock of my life that time he ripped his top off after scoring against us for Raith.

CropleyWasGod
20-10-2018, 08:28 AM
Different guy, but the same type of awareness raising.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rangers-hero-barry-ferguson-lifts-13444499