PDA

View Full Version : SPFL vs Aberdeen

we are hibs
17-10-2018, 06:56 AM
I see the SPFL are raging because Aberdeen had the audacity to sell tickets in the south stand first where the best seats are before behind the goals meaning any tickets not sold can't go to rangers because of segregation. Why should they give the spfl any help or more importantly rangers any kind of advantage by giving them more tickets? Especially after the huns were bragging in a statement about how hard they fought to make sure the rangers fans weren't sharing the north stand with Aberdeen fans as if they own the stadium and decide where their fans sit.

They've only sold 10k tickets which is poor considering a half 1 kick off isn't that bad for them travelling down but who the **** do the spfl think they are? Imagine the outrage if it was Celtic or rangers being treated like hibs and Aberdeen have over the last year over tickets at that dump. I suppose those who campaigned to save Hampden will be okay with it as that's always been the way. Rangers in the rangers end and Celtic in the Celtic end. What a bizarre footballing country this is.

where'stheslope
17-10-2018, 07:19 AM
I see the SPFL are raging because Aberdeen had the audacity to sell tickets in the south stand first where the best seats are before behind the goals meaning any tickets not sold can't go to rangers because of segregation. Why should they give the spfl any help or more importantly rangers any kind of advantage by giving them more tickets? Especially after the huns were bragging in a statement about how hard they fought to make sure the rangers fans weren't sharing the north stand with Aberdeen fans as if they own the stadium and decide where their fans sit.

They've only sold 10k tickets which is poor considering a half 1 kick off isn't that bad for them travelling down but who the **** do the spfl think they are? Imagine the outrage if it was Celtic or rangers being treated like hibs and Aberdeen have over the last year over tickets at that dump. I suppose those who campaigned to save Hampden will be okay with it as that's always been the way. Rangers in the rangers end and Celtic in the Celtic end. What a bizarre footballing country this is.
Aberdeen are doing right for their loyal season ticket holders giving them the best seats.

The other tickets will go on public sale, and as they are in the Celtic end, not many Aberdonian Gers fans will scoop them up!

It may not be a sell out crowd, but at least the Dons have given the SPFL and SFA two fingers!!!!:na na::na na::na na:

Nixweb
17-10-2018, 07:21 AM
So Aberdeen are selling tickets in a way that increases the chance of empty seats, decreases the revenue generated by the match, and increases the chance of football fans who want to attend, missing out while there are unsold seats? Do Aberdeen have to cover the cost of unsold tickets?

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

green&left
17-10-2018, 07:27 AM
So Aberdeen are selling tickets in a way that increases the chance of empty seats, decreases the revenue generated by the match, and increases the chance of football fans who want to attend, missing out while there are unsold seats? Do Aberdeen have to cover the cost of unsold tickets?

Absolutely.

We done that v Celtic last year by selling tickets in the south, north and west sections.

**** them. Rather empty seats than giving either side of the OF an advantage by allocating them an extra 15k seats. Lost gate money will be pennies as its pooled and split 4-ways.

Onceinawhile
17-10-2018, 07:28 AM
Similar to how we did it last year iirc.

green&left
17-10-2018, 07:29 AM
Similar to how we did it last year iirc.

Kinda.

Dempster/Petrie had the balls to demand the north stand. Seems the dons were happy to forfeit it to the huns.

Aldo
17-10-2018, 07:41 AM

I don’t particularly care but if it means that Newco lose out then it’s fine by me!

Cue statement from them to moan about them being victimised!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B.H.F.C
17-10-2018, 07:42 AM
I don’t think them selling seats in the south is the issue. I think it’s the way they chosen to sell be hind the goals. It’s only those two stands they have.

All their moaning about kick off times, ticket splits etc and they’ll still have thousands of empty seats.

Diclonius
17-10-2018, 08:13 AM
Go on Aberdeen. The unrepentant bias of our national organisation needs to be highlighted at every opportunity.

SirDavidsNapper
17-10-2018, 08:20 AM
The next time we play Celtic at Hamdump I'd love us to request the east end for logistical purposes and hear what they say.

B.H.F.C
17-10-2018, 08:21 AM
Go on Aberdeen. The unrepentant bias of our national organisation needs to be highlighted at every opportunity.

Whilst I’m not one to stick up for the football authorities in this country, I don’t really see any bias in this instance. The Sheep have been the most vocal of the four semi finalists throughout all that has went on demanding this, that and the next thing. I don’t necesarilly disagree with some of the things they’ve asked for but if they can’t back it up by selling the tickets then I think it makes them look a bit stupid.

Big_Franck
17-10-2018, 08:24 AM

Absolutely. No fan of the sheep normally but right behind them here.

On a separate note if we were ever to give up the entire north stand to celtc/sevco I'd be raging.

Stokesy's on fire
17-10-2018, 08:54 AM
Aberdeen were never going to sell much tickets but they have done the right thing. Take that Sevco.

Dancehibs
17-10-2018, 09:01 AM
Aberdeen were never going to sell much tickets but they have done the right thing. Take that Sevco.

They have but have blown it for future for other fans. SPFL will drip feed tickets in future. No way were Aberdeen selling 20k. They still could have given season ticket him holders best view possible in the east

Onion
17-10-2018, 09:09 AM
Absolutely.

We done that v Celtic last year by selling tickets in the south, north and west sections.

**** them. Rather empty seats than giving either side of the OF an advantage by allocating them an extra 15k seats. Lost gate money will be pennies as its pooled and split 4-ways.

Ham dump stadium should be split 50/50 for all national semis and finals, irrespective of how many one team could sell. The Glasgow Twins already have advantage of playing in their own town, There’s no logical reason to sell the opponents unsold seats to them. Maybe ticket revenue should also go with how many seats each team sells rather than 50/50, allowing those smaller teams to sell their empty seats to their opposing fans at inflated prices !! Half of Hamdump should be a resource available to each team. Dons have done the right thing.

Dancehibs
17-10-2018, 09:13 AM
Ham dump stadium should be split 50/50 for all national semis and finals, irrespective of how many one team could sell. The Glasgow Twins already have advantage of playing in their own town, There’s no logical reason to sell the opponents unsold seats to them. Maybe ticket revenue should also go with how many seats each team sells rather than 50/50, allowing those smaller teams to sell their empty seats to their opposing fans at inflated prices !! Half of Hamdump should be a resource available to each team. Dons have done the right thing.
Games against Livvy, Killie, Ross County we benefited from extra tickets. Which was the right thing to do.

marinello59
17-10-2018, 09:16 AM
Games against Livvy, Killie, Ross County we benefited from extra tickets. Which was the right thing to do.

Yeap. Every team should have the initial opportunity to sell half of the stadium. When it’s obvious they can’t, and Aberdeen were never going to, then tickets need to be released. Aberdeen haven’t done anybody any favours here.

B.H.F.C
17-10-2018, 09:17 AM

Can’t agree with that. There is the loss of revenue argument but there are also times when we have benefitted from having more than 50% of Hampden. It should be tailored to each game but I don’t think having thousands of empty seats is the right thing to do.

hibbysam
17-10-2018, 09:27 AM
Folk slating Aberdeen and saying they’ve ‘blown it for the rest of us’, forgetting the slating we took last year and potentially it is our fault that all this has come about. FWIW I couldn’t care less if one side is empty, every semi and final should be 50:50 if clubs want it, no ifs or buts. That should only change if the opposing club advise they only want X amount of tickets.

neil7908
17-10-2018, 09:30 AM
Well done Aberdeen. Clubs in Scotland seem to be slowly waking up to how damaging the ugly sisters are to our game.

Still far too many sycophants though, the rest of Scottish football needs to rally and tell them both where to go.

marinello59
17-10-2018, 10:18 AM
Well done Aberdeen. Clubs in Scotland seem to be slowly waking up to how damaging the ugly sisters are to our game.

Still far too many sycophants though, the rest of Scottish football needs to rally and tell them both where to go.

So if Livi, Ross County etc had done this to Hibs you would have been applauding? I hope Aberdeen sell all their tickets but if they don't it will have achieved nowt.

hibbysam
17-10-2018, 10:50 AM
So if Livi, Ross County etc had done this to Hibs you would have been applauding? I hope Aberdeen sell all their tickets but if they don't it will have achieved nowt.

Would never happen as they need that additional income.

danhibees1875
17-10-2018, 11:12 AM

Agree with this. However, in this instance it's Rangers, Celtic, Aberdeen, and Hearts that lose out on money so I'm struggling to be too upset. :greengrin

Maybe the knowledge that Aberdeen only selling 15K seats would give Sevco an extra 10K would help with sales too :dunno:

Generally, it's got to be better for our game if cup finals and semi's are selling out and unfortunately that will sometimes mean the "bigger" team getting more than 50% of the allocation.

Dashing Bob S
17-10-2018, 11:56 AM
Anything that provokes the ire of both the Huns and the SFA while reducing revenue for Hearts, Rangers, Celtic and A’deen is a wonderful thing.

Malthibby
17-10-2018, 06:45 PM
Anything that provokes the ire of both the Huns and the SFA while reducing revenue for Hearts, Rangers, Celtic and A’deen is a wonderful thing.

Thing you hammer with a hammer. On the 'ead.
GG

Onceinawhile
18-10-2018, 01:34 PM
Aberdeen having their allocation reduced due to their inability to sell tickets.

Seems to me kick off time has just been a convenient excuse over the previous years, seeing as even with an acceptable kick off time, their sales are still rubbish.

Hibernian Verse
18-10-2018, 01:40 PM
Aberdeen having their allocation reduced due to their inability to sell tickets.

Seems to me kick off time has just been a convenient excuse over the previous years, seeing as even with an acceptable kick off time, their sales are still rubbish."Best travelling support in Scotland" if you're a Don. If you're anyone else you can see right through that pile of *****. Maybe they once were but not anymore.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Sean1875
18-10-2018, 02:18 PM
Still annoys me that Aberdeen are in this semi and not us. :boo hoo:

Tynie01011973
18-10-2018, 02:31 PM
https://www.afc.co.uk/2018/10/18/semi-final-update/

Only sold 9000+ to date and SPFL moving them more to South Stand so that more tickets available to Der Hun

Betty Boop
18-10-2018, 03:02 PM
Aberdeen showing their diddyness.

marinello59
18-10-2018, 05:11 PM
So instead of showing Sevco and the SPFL where to go they have made themselves look a bit stupid after all their bleating. Typical sheep.

Keith_M
18-10-2018, 05:40 PM
I think the SPFL have taken about 4,000 tickets back off them to give to DerHun.

They look a bit stupid now, considering their original stance.

bodhibs
18-10-2018, 08:14 PM
Aberdeen's over inflated self entitlement has irked me for decades, this makes the rancid flock look all the more introverted. Tin pot club and supporters living in the past. Embarrassing request for tickets they won't use.

Danderhall Hibs
18-10-2018, 08:24 PM
Maybe they should campaign to get the kick off time changed?

bodhibs
18-10-2018, 08:28 PM
Maybe they should campaign to get the kick off time changed?

😂

SirDavidsNapper
18-10-2018, 08:33 PM
They're just a small town with oil

bingo70
18-10-2018, 08:37 PM
I don’t understand how there can be so many fall outs, disagreements and chaos when there’s only 4 teams involved!

Why didn’t they all get round a table the day after the semi finals and decide on kick off times, venue, ticketing etc then?

I get it when there’s 32 teams or whatever trying to keep everyone happy could be difficult but surely when they’re down to the last 4 this should be easy stuff to organise.

Eyrie
18-10-2018, 10:06 PM
I'm going to stick up for Aberdeen here.

The alternative is to give Sevco a larger share of the ground, which will only further inflate their big team fantasy and set a precedent for other semi finals or even finals. And of course the team with the smaller allocation will have most of those tickets in one of the distant ends of Hampden. How would we feel if that was us losing out?

B.H.F.C
18-10-2018, 10:21 PM

The alternative is to give Sevco a larger share of the ground, which will only further inflate their big team fantasy and set a precedent for other semi finals or even finals. And of course the team with the smaller allocation will have most of those tickets in one of the distant ends of Hampden. How would we feel if that was us losing out?

Flip it round the other way though. How would we feel if we had sold out and there was thousands of empty seats in the other end?

No problem whatsoever with the sheep looking for a 50/50 split. They were right to look for that. But they aren’t going to be even remotely close to selling that amount of tickets so they can’t really complain. After doing nothing but complain.

Bostonhibby
18-10-2018, 10:23 PM
[emoji106]

Cmon the sheep.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

KeithTheHibby
19-10-2018, 07:39 AM
The sheep have made a bit of a James Hunt of themselves.

Tornadoes70
19-10-2018, 07:53 AM
[emoji106]

Cmon the sheep.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

:top marks

Hope they are on top form tomorrow while we take at least a point at Parkhead

Mon the Cabbage!!!

:flag:

Carheenlea
19-10-2018, 08:55 AM
Aberdeen have a bigger travelling support than us domestically, but they struggle to match the numbers we do for home matches and Hampden visits. Kilmarnock likewise have very healthy travelling support but a small home support in comparison. Aberdeen having good away crowds has always given people a false impression of how big their support base actually is. Our fan base is much larger, and by some distance.

GreenNWhiteArmy
19-10-2018, 09:17 AM
Thinking back to our semi vs St Johnstone.

If it was a 50/50 split and they had the wheatfield and Roseburn and sold 5k tickets but in a way that meant we couldn't get anymore due to the segregation issue so lots of empty seats, i can guarantee we'd be furious

A lot of this is down to it being the old firm and the perceived favouritism which absolutely exists, but not in this scenario imo

Absolute tinpot from the sheep after all the kicking off they've done.

Still, here's hoping they take 2 wins over the next 2 weekend's

marinello59
19-10-2018, 09:26 AM
Aberdeen have a bigger travelling support than us domestically, but they struggle to match the numbers we do for home matches and Hampden visits. Kilmarnock likewise have very healthy travelling support but a small home support in comparison. Aberdeen having good away crowds has always given people a false impression of how big their support base actually is. Our fan base is much larger, and by some distance.

I wouldn’t be so sure they do have a bigger travelling support than us anymore.

Steven79
19-10-2018, 09:40 AM

The fact that we are getting bigger crowds just now than Aberdeen were when they were in their pomp under Fergie show's that.

The highest average under Fergie was 17,138 in 83/84 despite all the success they were having.

78/79 14171
79/80 12944
80/81 12315
81/82 11360
82/83 15534
83/84 17138
84/85 15877
85/86 14326

The_Horde
19-10-2018, 09:50 AM
We should sell out the rest of their tickets and go in green too.

superfurryhibby
19-10-2018, 10:02 AM

Having just scanned home attendances for Hamilton, Kilmarnock and St Johnstone from last season, Hibs brought larger ( sometimes significantly larger) supports to all our away games, bar one. I think people just guess when making these statements, but I remember a similar point being made with the same conclusion a few years ago. We are a bigger club than them, home and away.

As for the semi, we would take the same stance as the Sheep, seems reasonable enough to me.

1van Sprou7e
19-10-2018, 10:08 AM
Funny that so many Aberdeen fans think they're easily the 3rd biggest team in Scotland

Nope yous just got lucky by hiring one of the greatest managers of all time. Both Edinburgh teams are bigger

Carheenlea
19-10-2018, 11:18 AM

Aye, your probably right. I’m basing that on what they bring to ER on midweek nights etc, and it’s maybe dropped off a bit from a year or two back.

bingo70
19-10-2018, 11:23 AM
Funny that so many Aberdeen fans think they're easily the 3rd biggest team in Scotland

Nope yous just got lucky by hiring one of the greatest managers of all time. Both Edinburgh teams are bigger

Surely that's how you become a big club though? Be successful and grow your club as much as possible, Aberdeen did that very well in the 80's and they've got a large fan base because of it.

Aberdeen are a very big club in Scottish Football, there's no doubt about that. Whether they are the second, third or Fourth couldn't interest me any less. Hibs, hearts and Aberdeen are all of an equivalent size and any difference is negligible and can probably be put down to form at the time.

Killiehibbie
19-10-2018, 11:54 AM

Nope yous just got lucky by hiring one of the greatest managers of all time. Both Edinburgh teams are biggerIt was good to see them sticking it to the Glasgow pair in the 80's but sad that some of them still think it's 1985.

matty_f
19-10-2018, 11:58 AM
Between this and mad cow disease, it's a bad week to be an Aberdonian.

Keith_M
19-10-2018, 12:38 PM

I don't think any precedent has been set. If a club can sell 50% of the tickets, that's what they'll be given. Aberdeen have sold just over 20% of the tickets, and their sales have now reduced to a trickle, so the SPFL have (quite rightly) reduced their allocation.

FWIW, Hibs have never needed 50% of the available tickets for a semi-final at Hampden either, so, if we were in the semi-final and not Aberdeen, I'd have been happy enough if we'd been allocated half the South and the whole East Stand, with the rest given to Der Hun.

Killiehibbie
19-10-2018, 01:03 PM
I don't think any precedent has been set. If a club can sell 50% of the tickets, that's what they'll be given. Aberdeen have sold just over 20% of the tickets, and their sales have now reduced to a trickle, so the SPFL have (quite rightly) reduced their allocation.

FWIW, Hibs have never needed 50% of the available tickets for a semi-final at Hampden either, so, if we were in the semi-final and not Aberdeen, I'd have been happy enough if we'd been allocated half the South and the whole East Stand, with the rest given to Der Hun.I want the West next time we play them there.

where'stheslope
19-10-2018, 01:37 PM
I want the West next time we play them there.
I was just thinking the same thing, the team drawn out first should get the choice of what end they are allocated!!!

If it is supposed to be a neutral venue, it should never have had a Celtic or Rangers end in the first place!!!

If you are drawn out first you get the home dressing room.

But when we play the Yams there we are allocated the Celtic end and they get the Rangers end???

Something is just not right about Scottish football, end off!!!!

Diclonius
19-10-2018, 01:45 PM
I was just thinking the same thing, the team drawn out first should get the choice of what end they are allocated!!!

If it is supposed to be a neutral venue, it should never have had a Celtic or Rangers end in the first place!!!

If you are drawn out first you get the home dressing room.

But when we play the Yams there we are allocated the Celtic end and they get the Rangers end???

Something is just not right about Scottish football, end off!!!!

Spot on.

Onion
19-10-2018, 01:49 PM
Can’t agree with that. There is the loss of revenue argument but there are also times when we have benefitted from having more than 50% of Hampden. It should be tailored to each game but I don’t think having thousands of empty seats is the right thing to do.

Where’s the loss of revenue ? Each club keeps their own ticket sales and each have 50% of the stadium resources to do as they please. That leaves each club with choice of selling any spare blocks of tickets to opposing fans if they want, s/t policing. Any sales they make, they keep. Aberdeen would therefore have the option of selling spare sections to Sevco or limiting them to 50% of Hamdump. It should be the clubs that decide, not the SFA.

neil7908
19-10-2018, 02:04 PM

I would understand that it would be to their advantage to not pack the stadium with Hibs fans, thus giving the opposition an advantage.

This is a cup semi. Income, how it looks on telly etc shouldn't matter to fans of the team involved. All that matters is winning. More tickets for Rangers fans would be an advantage to them so why would Aberdeen hand the opposition an advantage?

hibsboy07
19-10-2018, 06:39 PM
Clubs/fans fought for years to get an equal share of tickets for hampden,we shouldn't give this up now.
50/50 split it should be u less clubs agree.

Ringothedog
19-10-2018, 09:39 PM
Where’s the loss of revenue ? Each club keeps their own ticket sales and each have 50% of the stadium resources to do as they please. That leaves each club with choice of selling any spare blocks of tickets to opposing fans if they want, s/t policing. Any sales they make, they keep. Aberdeen would therefore have the option of selling spare sections to Sevco or limiting them to 50% of Hamdump. It should be the clubs that decide, not the SFA.

Sales of tickets are “pooled” so if Aberdeen don’t sell their allocation there is a loss of revenue to all the clubs in the semi finals. We seem to forget we only took 12000 to our semi final last year and were slated for it

hibbysam
19-10-2018, 09:49 PM
Sales of tickets are “pooled” so if Aberdeen don’t sell their allocation there is a loss of revenue to all the clubs in the semi finals. We seem to forget we only took 12000 to our semi final last year and were slated for it

And I’m glad we did.