PDA

View Full Version : Goalkeepers at penalties

BILLYHIBS
16-10-2018, 07:22 PM
Just watching France versus Germany Germany get a penalty and the Referee blatantly walks over to the French goalie and tells him that he must stay on his line.

Looking back at the SLCQF I remember that the Aberdeen goalie was at least three foot off his line at every penalty before a ball was kicked :confused:

I remember pointing that out at the time and being told at the time Naw goalies are allowed to do that nowadays

I know it is not going to change the result but does anyone out there know if the rules have changed does the goalie have to stay on their line are they allowed to move along their line move Grobelaar style to put the kicker off or rush out Zaire style before the kicker has kicked it or are Aberdeen just what we all suspect cheating *******os ?

MWHIBBIES
16-10-2018, 07:26 PM
Scottish refs are just utterly dreadful. We had 6 European matches this season, anyone have a single complaint from those games? Compared to awful refereeing performances vs Aberdeen, St Mirren and others so far this season.

Sheep_Nae_Mair
16-10-2018, 07:27 PM
The goalie must stay on the line - see http://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/lawsandrules/laws/football-11-11/law-14---the-penalty-kick

Hibbyradge
16-10-2018, 07:30 PM
They can move let and right, and try to put the kicker off, but they should stay on their line.

Given that every other player cheats and bends the rules, there's little point expecting keepers to do what they should.

Diclonius
16-10-2018, 07:31 PM
It's an unenforced rule, which is fantastic for biased refs and ***** for the rest of us.

I remember a few years ago Rangers played Hamilton in the cup - when the score was 1-1 they were awarded a penalty, which was saved. The ref then ordered a retake as the keeper came off his line or there were players in the box when the kick was taken (another rule that can be applied whenever they want), I forget which. The retake was then scored, despite the same thing happening again. Surprise surprise! :rolleyes:

Hibbyradge
16-10-2018, 07:55 PM
It's an unenforced rule, which is fantastic for biased refs and ***** for the rest of us.

I remember a few years ago Rangers played Hamilton in the cup - when the score was 1-1 they were awarded a penalty, which was saved. The ref then ordered a retake as the keeper came off his line or there were players in the box when the kick was taken (another rule that can be applied whenever they want), I forget which. The retake was then scored, despite the same thing happening again. Surprise surprise! :rolleyes:

Would you expect the successful penalty to be retaken because the keeper was off his line?

The first penalty was saved by the keeper who had committed an offence so it was retaken.

I can't see the problem.

hibsbollah
16-10-2018, 08:14 PM
I never said they were allowed to do it these days, I said they SHOULD be allowed to :greengrin I still like the idea someone came up with of an extra line just behind the goal line behind which the goalie must start.

It's the usual thing, a lack of consistency.

NORTHERNHIBBY
16-10-2018, 08:28 PM
If goal line technology can detect a ball going over the line surely it can pick up a goalie moving in front of it?

brianmc
16-10-2018, 08:32 PM
^^ Yep - but look forward to penalty shoot outs taking longer the the preceding game if that tech is ever used!

BILLYHIBS
16-10-2018, 09:10 PM
Has to be said guys two soft penalties the only real goal was Greismans wonderful header the winning penalty never a penalty but could cost Low his job MCANNSTYLE!

Austinho
16-10-2018, 10:19 PM
Remember the same Aberdeen goalie being miles off his line at Pittodrie when Maclaren had his penalty saved at the end of last season. Could well have cost us 2nd place.

where'stheslope
17-10-2018, 04:14 PM
Remember the same Aberdeen goalie being miles off his line at Pittodrie when Maclaren had his penalty saved at the end of last season. Could well have cost us 2nd place.
If you watch him closely, he starts well behind the line and although he's over the line his feet never touch the ground over the line as he dives!
Its like in offside, the linesman has to see the ball kicked before looking along the line and is the reason that some are given and some are not!!
When the linesman is looking at him standing well behind the line, its obvious when he sees the ball kicked that he thinks he's still behind the line?
It all happens so quick that mistakes will always be made.

CapitalGreen
17-10-2018, 04:26 PM
Just watching France versus Germany Germany get a penalty and the Referee blatantly walks over to the French goalie and tells him that he must stay on his line.

Looking back at the SLCQF I remember that the Aberdeen goalie was at least three foot off his line at every penalty before a ball was kicked :confused:

I remember pointing that out at the time and being told at the time Naw goalies are allowed to do that nowadays

I know it is not going to change the result but does anyone out there know if the rules have changed does the goalie have to stay on their line are they allowed to move along their line move Grobelaar style to put the kicker off or rush out Zaire style before the kicker has kicked it or are Aberdeen just what we all suspect cheating *******os ?

Bogdan was stepping off his line during the same shoot-out. We lost because Mallan's penalty was absolutely awful.

BILLYHIBS
18-10-2018, 06:39 AM
Bogdan was stepping off his line during the same shoot-out. We lost because Mallan's penalty was absolutely awful.
Yip! Wasn’t the best!

Lenny said it was a lottery

McInnes hinted it was a science and all part of the master plan and something they had practiced

It looked to me as though they were playing for pens after about sixty minutes with their boring brand of non football

21 attempts on goal without one goal tells its own story

Bogdan did not get near any of their penalties

:confused:

Barman Stanton
18-10-2018, 06:45 AM
Yip! Wasn’t the best!

McInnes hinted it was a science and all part of the master plan and something they had practiced

It looked to me as though they were playing for pens after about sixty minutes with their boring brand of non football

That 21 attempts and no goals is a crazy stat. Especially since we are the top scorers in the league. Just one of those days. We could have played for days and not score. We are due Aberdeen a hammering.

BILLYHIBS
18-10-2018, 06:48 AM
That 21 attempts and no goals is a crazy stat. Especially since we are the top scorers in the league. Just one of those days. We could have played for days and not score. We are due Aberdeen a hammering.

Bad night at the office

Who said Jamie Mac was gash ? :confused:

Peevemor
18-10-2018, 06:49 AM

He should have taken it from 30yds.

Smartie
18-10-2018, 07:31 AM

I didn't think his penalty was that bad.

BILLYHIBS
18-10-2018, 07:34 AM
Thought it was poor tbh the perfect height and pace for a goalie!

https://youtu.be/R8mPPnMvX-A

Smartie
18-10-2018, 07:38 AM
Thought it was poor tbh the perfect height and pace for a goalie!

Compared to the standard of his free-kicks it was poor, but I thought it was hard enough and close enough to the corner that it would have beaten a GK on his line.

It was a very good save I thought.

CapitalGreen
18-10-2018, 07:44 AM

Watch it again, it was terrible.

BILLYHIBS
18-10-2018, 07:52 AM
Compared to the standard of his free-kicks it was poor, but I thought it was hard enough and close enough to the corner that it would have beaten a GK on his line.

It was a very good save I thought.

Ha Ha! Just watched the horror show again on the link :confused:

Mallan should have hit the ball harder with more pace further into the corner to give the keeper no chance but to be fair the goalie guesses correctly and Mallon does himself no favours

Please do not ask me to watch it again! :greengrin

As another poster suggests if Mallon could have taken it from 30 yards then we might be talking :greengrin

MWHIBBIES
18-10-2018, 08:19 AM
Yip! Wasn’t the best!

The goalies saved 1 penalty each

BILLYHIBS
18-10-2018, 08:20 AM
Sadly we still lost !

Smartie
18-10-2018, 08:23 AM
Just watched it again.

I thought the standard of penalty was very high. We scored a few crackers, and those who had theirs saved were a bit unlucky.

Even Agyepong was inches away from hitting a good one.

I've seen some world class players crumble and take poor penalties under pressure (and some Hibs players as well).

I honestly didn't think there was much wrong with that lot.

My_Wife_Camille
18-10-2018, 08:32 AM
Bogdan was on his line for all the penalties mate.

Lewis was off for them all but some of the talk of him being 3-6 feet are way off. It’s hard to tell if it’s people exaggerating for effect or if they actually think he was that far off his line.

Either way, I’m in no doubt that it cost us. Lewis was off his line when Mallan hit his penalty and saved it so he absolutely gained an unfair advantage. Yes, he was only off his line a little bit but Martin Boyle was only a little bit offside when he scored and you don’t see any argument there. Either it’s a rule or it’s not.

BILLYHIBS
18-10-2018, 08:40 AM

Just watched it again.....thanks for that!

Good save by Bogdan with his feet but like Mallan a poor penalty by McGinn

A lot of good penalties tbh especially liked Slivkas and Stevenson’s

A lesson learnt hopefully for the upcoming Scottish Cup campaign

The HIBS go marching on! :greengrin