PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: PIE AND A PINT RETURNS FOR ST MIRREN MATCH

RSS Bot
15-10-2018, 11:00 AM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/9317)

Carheenlea
15-10-2018, 11:07 AM
Even with the ST holders discount it still feels a tad expensive for what it is. Seems to have been popular enough before though.

overdrive
15-10-2018, 11:21 AM
Even with the ST holders discount it still feels a tad expensive for what it is. Seems to have been popular enough before though.

Yeah £28 seems a bit steep for a pint, a pie, a programme and a slightly fancier seat.

Sir David Gray
15-10-2018, 11:28 AM

An adult season ticket costs around £21 per match so an extra £7 for a pie, a pint a match programme and a fancy seat doesn't seem too bad.

Peevemor
15-10-2018, 11:30 AM
An adult season ticket costs around £21 per match so an extra £7 for a pie, a pint a match programme and a fancy seat doesn't seem too bad.

But the £21 is already paid with your ST, therefore it's costing an extra £28. It's £43 for non ST holders.

It wouldn't be me.

overdrive
15-10-2018, 11:32 AM

It is an extra £28 that a season ticket holder would have to pay though. They won't get a £21 refund on their ST.

Scouse Hibee
15-10-2018, 11:34 AM

But you’ve already paid for your ST so it’s an extra £28.

worcesterhibby
15-10-2018, 12:08 PM
I don't know..people moan about not getting a decent pie at the football and then moan when they are asked to pay £28 for one...you can't win ! :greengrin

WhileTheChief..
15-10-2018, 12:23 PM
Everything is too expensive don’t ya know.

Hibs just keep on ripping us off at every opportunity.

Disgraceful way to treat us fans.

DaveF
15-10-2018, 01:20 PM
But the £21 is already paid with your ST, therefore it's costing an extra £28. It's £43 for non ST holders.

It wouldn't be me.

Thats unreal. Who the hell would see any value in that?

worcesterhibby
15-10-2018, 01:32 PM
Thats unreal. Who the hell would see any value in that?

You could say the same about almost all hospitality packages at all top level clubs if you are used to just paying a season ticket price and have a pie at a bakers on the way to a game.

Basically Hibs have 3 levels of hospitality ranging from £160 (£140 for ST holders) - To Pie and pint which is £43 (£28) if you are looking to take a client to a match or treat someone on their birthday etc, then that's the going rate for a "hospitality" experience. If you just want to watch the match from the stand, then no one is forcing you.

I don't think £48 is that much for a top level match, access to bar, programme and food...but It's more aimed at corporates and special occasions than season ticket holders.

Skol
15-10-2018, 01:32 PM
It must be a decent sized pie.

Peevemor
15-10-2018, 01:35 PM
It must be a decent sized pie.

Or a wee bit of hairy pie? :dunno:

superfurryhibby
15-10-2018, 01:35 PM
Good luck with that one, certainly wouldn’t be tempting to me or my other ST buddies.

Iggy Pope
15-10-2018, 01:36 PM

If it was that there would be a queue for it!

Elephant Stone
15-10-2018, 01:39 PM
Shocker of a price :shocked:

DaveF
15-10-2018, 01:41 PM
Good luck with that one, certainly wouldn’t be tempting to me or my other ST buddies.

Thats where I am in that no ST holder in their right mind would go for that, though I can see wh's point to a degree. Still, I'll be surprised if there is a large take up on it.

Hermit Crab
15-10-2018, 01:45 PM
A pie and a pint for £28? Hud me back.

Oscar T Grouch
15-10-2018, 01:46 PM
It’s really not that bad a price, you’re paying for access to a good bar in the executive lounges, a pint, a pie (better than the ones sold in the stands) and a seat in the comfy black seats in the west. It’s the lowest level for hospitality Hibs offer and it’s reasonably priced. You’re not just paying for a pie and a pint, you’re paying for hospitality and all the overheads that incurs. Every time I’ve been in hospitality I’ve had a great time and it is a totally different experience from my usual seat in the east.

Skol
15-10-2018, 01:47 PM
And non season ticket holders get the pie and pint for a bargain £15 over and above their ticket.

Hermit Crab
15-10-2018, 01:51 PM
And non season ticket holders get the pie and pint for a bargain £15 over and above their ticket.

Deal of the decade!

Brooster
15-10-2018, 02:36 PM
That is decent value for a corporate package these days. Good on Hibs for maximising income with this type of deal.....despite folk on here moaning as per.

danhibees1875
15-10-2018, 02:42 PM

We really should be protecting the value of the season ticket better. :duck:

If I was a walk-up fan and only made the odd game, £15 extra would begin to tempt me to upgrade the matchday experience. :agree:

IGRIGI
15-10-2018, 02:49 PM
You couldn't pay me 28 quid to eat an ER pie.

Fife-Hibee
15-10-2018, 02:52 PM
Post-brexit prices right there. :wink:

hibbyfraelibby
15-10-2018, 03:05 PM
You wanted action on ER catering, you have it. A Pie so stale and inedible you need a pint to try and wash it down. At least they included a programme for you to read when you are ensconced in the bog.😀

Sir David Gray
15-10-2018, 03:44 PM

It wouldn't be me.

It is an extra £28 that a season ticket holder would have to pay though. They won't get a £21 refund on their ST.

But you’ve already paid for your ST so it’s an extra £28.

If it was that there would be a queue for it!

Ok, ok thanks for pointing that out! :greengrin

It's been a long day.

Pretty Boy
15-10-2018, 03:56 PM
By way of comparison at Musselburgh racecourse a general admission ticket on New Years Day costs £25. An upgrade to include a Pie Not pie, chips, pint and a programme is an additional £11.99 or £12.99 to add fish & chips, a bottle of beer and a programme. Neither of those allow access to any 'exclusive' areas though.

It's not a great deal in all honesty but even basic hospitality packages come with fixed costs that have to be met. As with anything if it's not for you then there's no one forcing you to buy it. I can't imagine ahything worse than hospitality at a football match so they could offer it for an extra fiver and I'd still say no thanks.

15-10-2018, 04:02 PM
Those seats cost £35 so it is a decent deal for a non season ticket holder at £8 for a pie, pint and programme.

pollution
15-10-2018, 04:39 PM

All food in the west is done by Hibs in house.

There pies are very good. Nothing like the pies in the kiosks.

Sammy7nil
15-10-2018, 05:25 PM
It was a shambles last time they ran out of pies as it was a free for all and certain pints were not included in the "deal" I hope they have learned from the experience.

danhibees1875
15-10-2018, 06:29 PM
All food in the west is done by Hibs in house.

There pies are very good. Nothing like the pies in the kiosks.

All food, or the hospitality food?

pollution
15-10-2018, 06:35 PM
All food, or the hospitality food?

Hospitality, I believe.

danhibees1875
15-10-2018, 06:40 PM
Hospitality, I believe.

The hospitality definitely is different/better. I just thought you were suggesting that it applied to the whole west stand including the normal seats. :aok:

heretoday
15-10-2018, 08:17 PM
What's the pint? Watery Carlsberg garbage? No thanks.

Sir David Gray
15-10-2018, 09:18 PM
Ok, ok thanks for pointing that out! :greengrin

It's been a long day.

Having thought about this a bit more, it seems like non season ticket holders are actually getting a better deal on this.

For someone who is going to the match anyway as a non ST holder, it would cost you £23 to get in so it's only an extra £20 for a pint, pie, programme and a posh seat, on top of what you would normally pay just simply to sit in the cheap seats.

For a ST holder, as has been pointed out to me already :greengrin your £21 that you have already paid for this game for your normal seat has already been paid upfront and that won't be refunded to you. So you're actually paying an extra £28 on top of what you have paid already, just for a pie, pint, programme and fancy seat.

That doesn't seem like good value at all.

Smartie
15-10-2018, 09:29 PM

Just to add a bit of balance, if anyone fancies paying me £28 to eat an Easter Road pie, I'd be happy to oblige.

StevieC
15-10-2018, 09:50 PM
Having thought about this a bit more, it seems like non season ticket holders are actually getting a better deal on this.

For someone who is going to the match anyway as a non ST holder, it would cost you £23 to get in so it's only an extra £20 for a pint, pie, programme and a posh seat, on top of what you would normally pay just simply to sit in the cheap seats.

For a ST holder, as has been pointed out to me already :greengrin your £21 that you have already paid for this game for your normal seat has already been paid upfront and that won't be refunded to you. So you're actually paying an extra £28 on top of what you have paid already, just for a pie, pint, programme and fancy seat.

That doesn't seem like good value at all.

I was thinking the same .. £20 extra for a walk up, £28 extra for a loyal season ticket holder ..

.. who did the sums for this "deal"?

Sir David Gray
15-10-2018, 10:05 PM
I was thinking the same .. £20 extra for a walk up, £28 extra for a loyal season ticket holder ..

.. who did the sums for this "deal"?

I'm just glad I worked it out correctly this time. :greengrin

Speedy
15-10-2018, 10:11 PM
Pretty good value for non ST holders but a bit much if you've already bought a ST.

Tornadoes70
15-10-2018, 10:23 PM
Maybe going against the grain here a little bit but I think its great value for those who maybe would want an alternative match-day experience whether on a one-off treat basis or those who may only go to the odd match here and there. Its not to everyone's liking but it does show the club is rightly seeking to appeal to as wide a fan base and income streams as it can. Good on the club for bringing this back as it may attract more income into our club.

Mon the Cabbage!!!

:flag:

Smartie
15-10-2018, 10:33 PM
Maybe going against the grain here a little bit but I think its great value for those who maybe would want an alternative match-day experience whether on a one-off treat basis or those who may only go to the odd match here and there. Its not to everyone's liking but it does show the club is rightly seeking to appeal to as wide a fan base and income streams as it can. Good on the club for bringing this back as it may attract more income into our club.

Mon the Cabbage!!!

I agree.

Being skint and a season ticket holder I'm very unlikely to take them up on the offer but I can see why some might.

They don't want to price it so low that we'd have 13,000 season ticket holders scrapping over places.

Hibs will have done their sums and it'll be up to us to take it or leave it.

Tornadoes70
15-10-2018, 10:43 PM
I agree.

Being skint and a season ticket holder I'm very unlikely to take them up on the offer but I can see why some might.

They don't want to price it so low that we'd have 13,000 season ticket holders scrapping over places.

Hibs will have done their sums and it'll be up to us to take it or leave it.

Exactly mate. Its all about trying to attract as many supporters (season ticket holders in the main) and fans (those who pick and choose games) of all different budgets to attend and to accommodate everyone. Not many would argue (I hope) against our club attempting to maximise income. We also very fortunately have a very talented group of players and a world class manager that continues to increase attendances, long may it continue.

Mon the Cabbage!!!

Keith_M
16-10-2018, 01:33 PM

Are the Executive Seats at ER just £33?