PDA

View Full Version : Hibernian's monopoly - xmas best seller

MacGruber
14-10-2018, 08:47 AM
See the new Edinburgh edition Monopoly game coming out - will make a great xmas pressie.

Hibs are higher up the board than Hearts - naturally lol

For Jambos looking in it's Monopoly so don't take it to heart - it is just that Easter Road is a bigger and better ground with a bigger capacity and full sized UEFA comliant international sized pitch.. that's all 😁

NZ Green
14-10-2018, 11:08 AM
I imagine its not the sort of game they'll understand as it centres around paying debts.

Hibbyradge
14-10-2018, 11:10 AM
I imagine its not the sort of game they'll understand as it centres around paying debts.

True, and you can't buy anything you can't afford.

lyonhibs
14-10-2018, 11:11 AM
If you go the Jambo player, indicated by a poppy, do you just constantly loop in and out of the "jail" square?

NAE NOOKIE
14-10-2018, 11:37 AM
Its no surprise really, the green parts of the Monopoly board have always been of much higher value than the maroon parts anyway :greengrin

Bostonhibby
14-10-2018, 11:40 AM
Can't see the thieves coughing up when they get the assessed for building repairs card, mind you the council probably won't bother collecting again.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Austinho
14-10-2018, 11:52 AM
It’s in the Daily Record (warning before you click, it’s the Daily Record):
https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/hibs-claim-monopoly-over-hearts-13413674

Ridiculously lazy journalism mind you - how have they managed to find a photo of the old Easter Road, but the new Tynecastle. Obviously wanted to try and balance the score in that one.

Baker9
14-10-2018, 12:23 PM
When asked why they put us above Hearts, a spokesman for Monopoly explained:

1. They finished last season ahead of Hearts and also qualified for Europe.
2. Their (Hibs) ground has more capacity.

In the Sunday Mail this morning. Wonderful!

jacomo
14-10-2018, 12:34 PM
We’ve got an older edition of Edinburgh monopoly and I think the Georgie slum is cheaper there too, so this is something of a non story.

Annoyingly, whenever we play other family members will always try to buy Easter Road first and then extort a ludicrous price from me.

Keith_M
14-10-2018, 12:36 PM

True, and you can't buy anything you can't afford.

And sometimes people go to Jail.

:greengrin

NORTHERNHIBBY
14-10-2018, 12:53 PM
Will the Hearts novelty bus be one of the counters? That and maybe one of McKay's medals?

Bostonhibby
14-10-2018, 12:57 PM
How much rent do Hearts have to pay when they land on the Oram?

Assuming a school netball team isn't already on the square.

Keith_M
14-10-2018, 01:11 PM
How much rent do Hearts have to pay when they land on the Oram?

Assuming a school netball team isn't already on the square.

I think the rule is that, if you land on that square, you have to pay rent to Hearts... as the Media have convinced everybody it's theirs.

I believe there's also a card that says, "go straight to hiding in Moscow, do not collect anyone's Pension or Poppy money".

Bostonhibby
14-10-2018, 01:16 PM
I think the rule is that, if you land on that square, you have to pay rent to Hearts... as the Media have convinced everybody it's theirs.

I believe there's also a card that says, "go straight to hiding in Moscow, do not collect anyone's Pension or Poppy money".[emoji5]

Go directly to jail, do not pass go and do not collect any share certificates, ever.

Bostonhibby
14-10-2018, 01:18 PM
Which token to go for? The plastic owl? Will the big red gorgie coo even fit on the board?

Jack Hackett
14-10-2018, 01:19 PM
Will the Hearts novelty bus be one of the counters? That and maybe one of McKay's medals?

I believe they can buy a special commemorative plastic owl... only £4k each

Joe6-2
14-10-2018, 03:49 PM

Maybe the cash cow

AltheHibby
14-10-2018, 03:51 PM

😂 😂 😂

BullsCloseHibs
14-10-2018, 04:36 PM
See the new Edinburgh edition Monopoly game coming out - will make a great xmas pressie.

Hibs are higher up the board than Hearts - naturally lol

For Jambos looking in it's Monopoly so don't take it to heart - it is just that Easter Road is a bigger and better ground with a bigger capacity and full sized UEFA comliant international sized pitch.. that's all 😁

Hearts fans best not buying this type of game as its a club with a devious, fraudulent history. Best avoided Jumbos.

xyz23jc
14-10-2018, 09:27 PM
And sometimes people go to Jail.

In this Monopoly scenario though.....You simply play the get out of Jambo jail card indicated by a maroon coloured card with a picture of Rolf Harris grinning stating that you simply owe it to yourselves, and as part of the natural order of things, a kindly but portly pissy-breeked slightly inebriated gentleman has loaned you a huge sum of undisclosed money in order that the delusion should continue! Plus John McGlynn chipped in too.....! Too much?

bigwheel
14-10-2018, 09:32 PM
Do you think there is a community chest card saying “you have sneakily stolen the poppy money - collect 20 quid”

SouthMoroccoStu
14-10-2018, 09:39 PM
The game pieces in the hearts version

A toilet bowl, a rugby ball, a pair of your sister/mums pants, a song book, an asbestos mask and a plastic owl

Smartie
14-10-2018, 09:47 PM
Any jambos playing the game are allowed to borrow an unlimited sum of money from themselves to ensure success.

Whenever this player is spending wildly beyond their means, they will be represented by "Rudolf", the game piece with the giant nose. Rudolf pisses off whenever they are forced to live within their means.

mca
14-10-2018, 09:48 PM
The game pieces in the hearts version

A toilet bowl, a rugby ball, a pair of your sister/mums pants, a song book, an asbestos mask and a plastic owl

The Super Duper Deluxe Version comes with a working Fax machine.. :wink:

The Lithuanian version however comes with no Money whatsoever...

capitals_finest
14-10-2018, 09:58 PM
The lodge in Roseburn is holding a cobra style meeting about this, highly polished maroon Rovers have been badly parked all over the surronding area as members have gone into a complete rage.

Scouse Hibee
14-10-2018, 10:10 PM
You can,t see the whole board from the GO square on the Hearts version and the box it comes in is only half completed.

Bostonhibby
15-10-2018, 07:27 AM
You can,t see the whole board from the GO square on the Hearts version and the box it comes in is only half completed.[emoji23]

And the game board is 10% smaller than the every other version and has had long artificial grass stuck to it to slow the figures down

FilipinoHibs
15-10-2018, 08:02 AM

It is paper fantasy money though. But they are bringing out a special Jambo version where you can owe it to yourself.

Bostonhibby
15-10-2018, 08:11 AM
It is paper fantasy money though. But they are bringing out a special Jambo version where you can owe it to yourself.So there'll be no need for a banker, maybe just some dodgy Russian guy to reassure the players that he owns a bank.

They won't just be buying wee green plastic houses or red plastic hotels as he's got cardboard boxes full of drawings of a megasuperhotelstadium for them to buy into.

cocteautwin
15-10-2018, 08:23 AM
I played this last night with my Jambo mate. It was totally annoying cos we all got £1000 each at the start and it was a level playing field but the Jambo kept getting anonymous donations and by the end he had £18m more than anyone else.

FilipinoHibs
15-10-2018, 08:41 AM
So there'll be no need for a banker, maybe just some dodgy Russian guy to reassure the players that he owns a bank.

They won't just be buying wee green plastic houses or red plastic hotels as he's got cardboard boxes full of drawings of a megasuperhotelstadium for them to buy into.

There will be a special get out of jail card for Jambos with a free flight to Russia.

Bostonhibby
15-10-2018, 08:48 AM
I played this last night with my Jambo mate. It was totally annoying cos we all got £1000 each at the start and it was a level playing field but the Jambo kept getting anonymous donations and by the end he had £18m more than anyone else.How did it end though?

Did he get a chance card with self sufficiency declared on it, only to be quickly followed by another one saying go straight into administration?

cocteautwin
15-10-2018, 09:10 AM
How did it end though?

Did he get a chance card with self sufficiency declared on it, only to be quickly followed by another one saying go straight into administration?

Well the game is still in progress, but just before we started, the Jambo introduced 12 new obscure playing pieces that no-one had seen or heard of before and after 5 throws of the dice prematurely declared himself the winner.

Smartie
15-10-2018, 12:09 PM
The 1986 special edition is good.

Instead of the jail they have "the toilet" and when you land on Dens Park, you're sent there and cannot play until further notice.

Dashing Bob S
15-10-2018, 12:36 PM
The 1986 special edition is good.

Instead of the jail they have "the toilet" and when you land on Dens Park, you're sent there and cannot play until further notice.

I like the chance card that reads ‘Alerto bags a second - go back 36 spaces.’ You know that one they are condemned to draw for all time.