PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: OFIR MARCIANO READY TO PROVE HIMSELF TO THE MANAGER

RSS Bot
10-10-2018, 12:30 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/9298)

CRAZYHIBBY
10-10-2018, 08:54 PM
What a headache this must be for lennon...two top class keepers

CMac1988
10-10-2018, 09:43 PM
Going to be hard work to get the gloves off Bogdan.

I think Bogdan overall game is better than Marciano's. His first couple of games weren't great but since settling in he looks assured and seems to instil more confidence in the defence than Rocky.

His distribution is better. Quicker and more precise. His collection of the ball in both the 6 yard box and his reaction and decision making in regards to coming out for the ball is a marked improvement over Marciano's. He's made a number of 1on1 saves in recent weeks and again closes down players very quickly and smartly.

But... With all that said and done Rocky is the better shot stopper and is quicker at getting down low. I also fancy Rocky to make what look like impossible saves every now and then.

Competition is good and if it improves the rest of his game then I'm all for him making his stake.

It seems to be doing wonders for other players knowing that anything short of your best means your place in the team isn't guaranteed.

Scouse Hibee
11-10-2018, 01:30 AM
Bogdan is the better keeper and should keep the gloves.

California-Hibs
11-10-2018, 05:22 AM

Not sure he's definitively the better keeper, but certainly deserves to keep hold of the gloves, for now.

calumhibee1
11-10-2018, 05:27 AM
Not sure he's definitively the better keeper, but certainly deserves to keep hold of the gloves, for now.

Agreed. Bogdan deserves to keep his place, both have their pros. I reckon Bogdan is possibly marginally steadier but Rocky is significantly more capable of an absolutely world class save.

Allant1981
11-10-2018, 05:42 AM
had a read back on the original bogdan thread and its amazing how football fans change their mind so easily on a player, so many posters wanted rid of bogdan after 2 games, absolutely slating him. Now he has gotten match fit and we see how good he is there are loads who now wouldnt drop him, got to love a football fans forum!!

California-Hibs
11-10-2018, 05:58 AM
Agreed. Bogdan deserves to keep his place, both have their pros. I reckon Bogdan is possibly marginally steadier but Rocky is significantly more capable of an absolutely world class save.

Pretty much where im at

Godsahibby
11-10-2018, 06:58 AM
Definitely Bogdans gloves to lose for now. What a great position to be in.

My_Wife_Camille
11-10-2018, 07:57 AM
had a read back on the original bogdan thread and its amazing how football fans change their mind so easily on a player, so many posters wanted rid of bogdan after 2 games, absolutely slating him. Now he has gotten match fit and we see how good he is there are loads who now wouldnt drop him, got to love a football fans forum!!
Don't see the problem with people changing their minds. If anything, being able to change your opinion based on what is in front of you at any given time rather than defiantly nailing your colours to the mast for some arbitrary reason and refusing to budge is a better way to be.

I didn't think he started the season well and I wasn't impressed so I said as much but I think he's be great the last few games and I have been impressed and I've also said as much. If I think he starts playing poor again then I'll say that too, quite a simple equation really!

I still prefer Marciano overall but there's no denying Bogdan is on form so for me the gloves are his to lose

Allant1981
11-10-2018, 08:31 AM
Don't see the problem with people changing their minds. If anything, being able to change your opinion based on what is in front of you at any given time rather than defiantly nailing your colours to the mast for some arbitrary reason and refusing to budge is a better way to be.

I didn't think he started the season well and I wasn't impressed so I said as much but I think he's be great the last few games and I have been impressed and I've also said as much. If I think he starts playing poor again then I'll say that too, quite a simple equation really!

I still prefer Marciano overall but there's no denying Bogdan is on form so for me the gloves are his to lose

i didnt say there was anything wrong with it, but people making their minds up on a player after a couple of games is just nuts

Dashing Bob S
11-10-2018, 09:12 AM
Miss the old days when we had Zibi and Clown locked in a desperate battle for the gloves.

Neither of those jokers would be allowed to clean toilets under Lennon.

jane_says
11-10-2018, 09:53 AM
What a great position to be in after some of the imposters we’ve had in recent years.

IMO Marciano is the better keeper and will be our number 1, however Bogdan has done so well recently there’s no way he should be dropped.

Sean1875
11-10-2018, 10:20 AM
Never thought id see the day when Hibs would have two top keepers battling for the gloves. Sends a shiver down the spine when you think back to what weve had to put up with in recent times in comparison!

Borderhibbie76
11-10-2018, 06:41 PM
Miss the old days when we had Zibi and Clown locked in a desperate battle for the gloves.

Neither of those jokers would be allowed to clean toilets under Lennon.And then there was the likes of Tony Caig and Makalamby ...changed days indeed

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Carheenlea
11-10-2018, 06:48 PM
Rocky doesn’t really have anything to prove such was his level of performance up until his spell out injured. Bogdan has given us some excellent performances and in no way looked like a stand in keeper, and he will be number one until he suffers either a dramatic loss of form or injury. Rocky will just have to be patient which will be frustrating for him, but reassuring for the club to have two top class keepers on the books.

KDY Hibs
11-10-2018, 06:57 PM

This

Lemonade
11-10-2018, 07:10 PM
It’s Bogdans jersey to lose.

hfc rd
11-10-2018, 07:47 PM
Definitely Bogdans gloves to lose for now. What a great position to be in.

Who’d have thought we would have two excellent GK’s at the club after all these years of struggling to unearth a very good one like these two?

It’s one of the areas that Lennon has completely solved

Hermit Crab
11-10-2018, 07:50 PM
It’s Bogdans jersey to lose.

Yep. He's done well.