PDA

View Full Version : Celtic clear out

houstonhibbee
09-10-2018, 11:18 PM
Reported in the Scotsman that Celtic will offload fringe players in January. Cue Allan for Hyndman who goes back to Bournemouth in January....

Pagan Hibernia
09-10-2018, 11:44 PM
Could work. I think Scott Allan will end up a Hibs player in any case

SON OF PADDY
09-10-2018, 11:47 PM
Could work. I think Scott Allan will end up a Hibs player in any case

🙏 Scotty is ment to be a Hibby 🙏

Forza Fred
09-10-2018, 11:52 PM
🙏 Scotty is ment to be a Hibby 🙏

Hope you are right, but Scott is also someone who plays football for a living, and unlike us fans, would surely consider the dollars on offer.

Unlikely that he would be a target for an existing English championship side, but if Sunderland or similar came in for him, then I’m not sure where he would go.

EH54
10-10-2018, 12:19 AM
Genuinely think scott Allan will realise hibs is the place for him now..can see him spending quite a few years at us when he resigns..

GreenLake
10-10-2018, 02:01 AM
I hope we do have the choice of Hyndman or Allan!

Both great players.

Austinho
10-10-2018, 02:34 AM
If we continue to threaten at the top end of the league, I’d be surprised if we got anyone in January from them.

houstonhibbee
10-10-2018, 03:05 AM
If we continue to threaten at the top end of the league, I’d be surprised if we got anyone in January from them.
not if they're released.......

NORTHERNHIBBY
10-10-2018, 04:30 AM
not if they're released.......

Would be in their own interest to keep him and not play him.

Hermit Crab
10-10-2018, 04:52 AM

With him leaving for free in the summer they may sell in Jan and get a little bit of money for him. Hope he comes to us.

Springbank
10-10-2018, 05:28 AM
Scott allan has been seen taking in a couple of Charlton games since the move to Hibs fell through in august.

hope we get him back at Hibs

NORTHERNHIBBY
10-10-2018, 05:51 AM
Scott allan has been seen taking in a couple of Charlton games since the move to Hibs fell through in august.

Does he have links to South East London?

houstonhibbee
10-10-2018, 05:55 AM
With him leaving for free in the summer they may sell in Jan and get a little bit of money for him. Hope he comes to us.
According to this article Celtic want to trim their squad and intend on releasing all fringe players in January

blackpoolhibs
10-10-2018, 06:27 AM
Scott Allan will not have played a 1st team game in 6 months, not sure how long he will take to get up to speed?

I would still sign him if the opportunity arises, although i'm not so sure he will be a lot of good early on if he does sign?

Ken
10-10-2018, 06:47 AM
I’m hoping we get in there in January on the 1st day possible to get him to sign a pre-contract. Anything that happens after that to get him in before the summer is a bonus.

If he wants to hold out and see what other options he has then fair enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JimboHibs
10-10-2018, 07:05 AM

Where did you read that info ?

BILLYHIBS
10-10-2018, 07:15 AM
I remember reading Scott Allan had been spotted at Charlton early season as one of his mates was playing for them.

I might sound naive and this has probably been covered before but rather than sign a precontract with us could we not just agree a mutually acceptable deal for all parties to buy out his contract in January and save them six months at say 10k a week?

I realise that us and Celtic are not best buddies but common sense surely has to kick in!

1van Sprou7e
10-10-2018, 08:06 AM
I remember reading Scott Allan had been spotted at Charlton early season as one of his mates was playing for them.

I might sound naive and this has probably been covered before but rather than sign a precontract with us could we not just agree a mutually acceptable deal for all parties to buy out his contract in January and save them six months at say 10k a week?

I realise that us and Celtic are not best buddies but common sense surely has to kick in!

Despite the McGinn shenanigans we probably have a healthier relationship with them than almost any other team in the league

staunchhibby
10-10-2018, 08:12 AM
Would Scott Allan come to us given the carry on the last transfer window

Since90+2
10-10-2018, 08:15 AM

Do we even know there was "carry on" previously?

SirDavidsNapper
10-10-2018, 08:23 AM
Do we even know there was "carry on" previously?

I'm sure i heard Lennon say we didn't even enquire about Allan in the summer.

Hibbyradge
10-10-2018, 08:25 AM

Of course he wouldn't. Even though we don't know what happened in August, Hibs have sickened him.

If there was any carry on, it was definitely from Hibs'. It always is. Rod Petrie to be precise.

No other team has ever moved the goalposts or behaved irrationally or been uncooperative. FACT.

Can't blame the boy for steering clear of the basket case that is Hibernian Football Club, however you pronounce it.

hibbyfraelibby
10-10-2018, 08:25 AM
Is Sparkie now a fringe player?

Billy Whizz
10-10-2018, 08:26 AM
Where did you read that info ?

On here. Think he’s friendly with one of the Charlton players. Maybe Lewis McLeod

Ozyhibby
10-10-2018, 08:32 AM

No, Rodgers wants them out no matter what. Squad is too big and it’s causing problems.

Chic Murray
10-10-2018, 08:59 AM
Scott Allan will not have played a 1st team game in 6 months, not sure how long he will take to get up to speed?

I would still sign him if the opportunity arises, although i'm not so sure he will be a lot of good early on if he does sign?

Yup, he was playing for Dundee last season. I would have preferred him to have been out on loan again.

Nicho87
10-10-2018, 09:19 AM
Would take Allan and Christie

Since90+2
10-10-2018, 09:41 AM
On here. Think he’s friendly with one of the Charlton players. Maybe Lewis McLeod

McLeod plays for Brentford.

.Sean.
10-10-2018, 09:48 AM

He’s good mates with I think jake caskey, not to say that Charlton wouldn’t be interested however but who knows

jacomo
Of course he wouldn't. Even though we don't know what happened in August, Hibs have sickened him.

If there was any carry on, it was definitely from Hibs'. It always is. Rod Petrie to be precise.

No other team has ever moved the goalposts or behaved irrationally or been uncooperative. FACT.

Can't blame the boy for steering clear of the basket case that is Hibernian Football Club, however you pronounce it.

PROVE to me you lost your tiny little mind over the breakdown of the Scott Allan transfer, or don’t bother calling yourself a Hibeernian fan.

CapitalGreen

Jake Forster-Caskey who he was with at Rotherham.

Smartie
10-10-2018, 09:53 AM

He might not have played a first team game for a while, but provided he doesn't pick up any injuries Celtic will surely have kept him in pretty good shape. None of the loan players (apart from Allan) had played much football before joining us in January and other than McLaren they all hit the ground running (even with McLaren it didn't take long to get him up to speed).

I think he'd be fit and champing at the bit to play.

Stokes took longer to get fit when we took him on loan, but iirc he was getting over an injury.

MB62
10-10-2018, 09:58 AM

What was that all about? can't say I remember anything about Hibs/Scott Allan :confused:

Hibbyradge
10-10-2018, 10:13 AM
PROVE to me you lost your tiny little mind over the breakdown of the Scott Allan transfer, or don’t bother calling yourself a Hibeernian fan.

LTYF

If you've had a mind to lose, no matter how tiny, after the Leigh Griffiths £150k fiasco, then don't bother coming back :get:

w pilton hibby
10-10-2018, 10:15 AM
What was that all about? can't say I remember anything about Hibs/Scott Allan :confused:

There were (unsubstantiated) reports that Leeann had pulled an offer for/to Allan at the last minute.

Iain G
10-10-2018, 10:35 AM
LTYF

If you've had a mind to lose, no matter how tiny, after the Leigh Griffiths £150k fiasco, then don't bother coming back :get:

Which of these two Hibs.net myths are we losing our minds at today?

I can't keep up any more what I am supposed to be outraged at, could someone maybe make up a calendar, as it would be helpful 😉

ian cruise
10-10-2018, 10:46 AM

I can't keep up any more what I am supposed to be outraged at, could someone maybe make up a calendar, as it would be helpful 😉

A calendar thread you say....

Hibbyradge
10-10-2018, 10:47 AM

I'd make a calendar, but I can't afford it because STF and RP have pocketed all the profits.

HoboHarry
10-10-2018, 10:50 AM
I'd make a calendar, but I can't afford it because STF and RP have pocketed all the profits.
A .net calendar is a fine idea. Who would be willing to give us a monthly treat by willingly model for the thing? CWG and Blackpool Hibs for starters? Ozy as well maybe?

WestStandWillie
10-10-2018, 10:55 AM
Scotty's settled in the central belt. Recently just bought a house near Uddingston.

I'm fairly certain he'll be at ER whether that's Jan or next season

Hibbyradge
10-10-2018, 11:04 AM
Scotty's settled in the central belt. Recently just bought a house near Uddingston.

There's a juxtaposition if I ever saw one! :tee hee:

Smartie
10-10-2018, 11:06 AM

I'd like to help but I simply refuse to give you the necessary £150k.

Hibbyradge
10-10-2018, 11:07 AM
I'd like to help but I simply refuse to give you the necessary £150k.

It was a done deal till Jacamo pulled it.

horseflesh
10-10-2018, 11:23 AM
There is nothing in Scott Allan’s history to show that he won’t sign for the highest salary he can get, in fact his previous suggests that is exactly what he will do

NORTHERNHIBBY
10-10-2018, 11:46 AM
No, Rodgers wants them out no matter what. Squad is too big and it’s causing problems.

He wouldn't go from the subs bench into our first team anyway.

CockneyRebel
10-10-2018, 12:13 PM
There were (unsubstantiated) reports that Leeann had pulled an offer for/to Allan at the last minute. then say nowt.

Why are folk getting wound up about hearsay/gossip? If you know something say it, if you know nowt say nowt.

linlithgowhibbie
10-10-2018, 12:34 PM

Is this a "Whoosh" moment?:thumbsup:

GreenLake
10-10-2018, 12:48 PM
There is nothing in Scott Allan’s history to show that he won’t sign for the highest salary he can get, in fact his previous suggests that is exactly what he will do

That is what everyone on planet earth does with very few exceptions.

houstonhibbee
10-10-2018, 12:53 PM
I’m hoping we get in there in January on the 1st day possible to get him to sign a pre-contract. Anything that happens after that to get him in before the summer is a bonus.

If he wants to hold out and see what other options he has then fair enough.

We wouldn’t need a pre contract if he’s released In January

silverhibee
10-10-2018, 01:05 PM
It was a done deal till Jacamo pulled it.

Last spotted on a plane to Southampton :greengrin

IWasThere2016
10-10-2018, 01:08 PM
Can see SA joining Hibs for a nominal fee in Jan... Lawwell will feel vindicated if he gets a few bob!

Lago
10-10-2018, 01:49 PM

Your a bitter person, what got up your nose:confused:

Hermit Crab
10-10-2018, 02:19 PM
Your a bitter person, what got up your nose:confused:

I think he's only kidding.

CMurdoch
10-10-2018, 02:27 PM
Can see SA joining Hibs for a nominal fee in Jan... Lawwell will feel vindicated if he gets a few bob!

Celtic currently have 15 1st team midfielders!!!
They should be happy just to get shot of Allan.

We should sign him on a pre contract in January and get him on loan for the rest of the season with Celtic happy that we are paying £3k per week for him and he is helping us beat their rivals.

3pm
10-10-2018, 02:31 PM

I wouldn’t assume Allan will join Hibs!

This is a guy who wanted to join Rangers and signed for Celtic a few weeks later! He’ll, understandably, go where the cash is!!

houstonhibbee
10-10-2018, 02:50 PM
Celtic currently have 15 1st team midfielders!!!
They should be happy just to get shot of Allan.

We should sign him on a pre contract in January and get him on loan for the rest of the season with Celtic happy that we are paying £3k per week for him and he is helping us beat their rivals.
He won't be at Celtic after january

Lago
10-10-2018, 06:02 PM
I think he's only kidding.
Certainly hope so.

Hibbyradge
10-10-2018, 06:07 PM
Last spotted on a plane to Southampton :greengrin

Haha!

You know it was true, but I didn't half get a verbal kicking for posting it.

Until, that is, he wasn't in the squad that night for the Blackburn? game.

Famous Fiver
10-10-2018, 06:09 PM
Does anyone think that Rangers might make a move for him?

Their fans were certainly very keen on him on one of their visits to Easter Road.

Hibbyradge
10-10-2018, 06:09 PM
Certainly hope so.

:faf:

Of course I was joking. I thought it was obvious.

Elephant Stone
10-10-2018, 06:13 PM

Their fans were certainly very keen on him on one of their visits to Easter Road.

Don't see why not, same goes for Aberdeen and Hearts.

ancient hibee
10-10-2018, 06:17 PM

I’ll be very surprised if he doesn’t sign for Rangers.

cmcd
10-10-2018, 07:23 PM

Explain exactly how you know what goes on behind closed doors at Easter Road .

surreyhibbie
10-10-2018, 07:28 PM

Not serious. He was just being.... Well, Hibbyradge really...

cmcd
10-10-2018, 07:29 PM
Not serious. He was just being.... Well, Hibbyradge really...

What can I say

Hibbyradge
10-10-2018, 07:45 PM

"No other team has ever moved the goalposts or behaved irrationally or been uncooperative. FACT."

I can't spell it out any more obviously except from saying, "This post isn't true".

Prof. Shaggy
10-10-2018, 08:39 PM

"No other team has ever moved the goalposts or behaved irrationally or been uncooperative. FACT."

I can't spell it out any more obviously except from saying, "This post isn't true".

I disagree.

Jim44
10-10-2018, 08:51 PM

If it comes down to staying in Scotland, I think his order of preference will be Sevco ( more money), Hibs ( best chance of footballing opportunities and ‘fitting in’), Aberdeen and Jambos - possibly but unlikely.

jacomo
10-10-2018, 09:38 PM
Is this a "Whoosh" moment?:thumbsup:

Nah I’m on point (and also been working hard so missed all the nonsense that got posted here this afternoon).

Anyhoo... it’s obvious to me that both Scott Allan and Leigh Griffiths should be wearing a Hibs shirt come January, but apparently the world doesn’t always work the way you want it to.

Michael
10-10-2018, 11:05 PM
Be pretty annoying if he goes to rangers, but money talks & he supports them so it seems likely. I think the summer was our moment to get him... wonder what actually happened?

houstonhibbee
10-10-2018, 11:31 PM
Nah I’m on point (and also been working hard so missed all the nonsense that got posted here this afternoon).

Anyhoo... it’s obvious to me that both Scott Allan and Leigh Griffiths should be wearing a Hibs shirt come January, but apparently the world doesn’t always work the way you want it to.

Unfortunately Leigh is not in the fringe player/ surplus to requirements bracket..........yet

Austinho
11-10-2018, 07:24 AM
I’ll be very surprised if he doesn’t sign for Rangers.There’s no way Celtic will be letting him go to Rangers if they can help it. More likely to release him to a specific club in January than let him leave in the summer to their biggest rivals.

ian cruise
11-10-2018, 07:35 AM
Be pretty annoying if he goes to rangers, but money talks & he supports them so it seems likely. I think the summer was our moment to get him... wonder what actually happened?

I genuinely can't see Rangers going for him, though they definitely should be. Mixture 9f their ego not letting g them be seen to be taking a Celtic cast off and thinking they're better than they are, therefore too good for Allan, will mean they steer clear in my opinion.

If I was Allan I'd be very wary too. There is a section of their support who will never back him regardless, if he doesn't hit the ground running then that number goes exponentially, plus he loses another two us years of football when he should be getting capped for the national team.

NORTHERNHIBBY
11-10-2018, 09:55 AM
Hopefully, we will see him in our team next season. We have been stung before by signing players who are not match fit and then expecting them to hit the ground running. Right now , keeping Hyndman until the season end and bringing in Allan in the summer might be a better option. I think that Allan knows that this best chance of playing regularly in a good team, is with us and he may need to hang on a bit.

BILLYHIBS
11-10-2018, 10:17 AM
If Celtic are having a fire sale and SAs contract can be terminated or bought out cheaply we should certainly pull out all the stops in January.
The ball would then be in SAs court
The question then is”Will he come?”

Hibbyradge
11-10-2018, 10:30 AM
I genuinely can't see Rangers going for him, though they definitely should be. Mixture 9f their ego not letting g them be seen to be taking a Celtic cast off and thinking they're better than they are, therefore too good for Allan, will mean they steer clear in my opinion.

If I was Allan I'd be very wary too. There is a section of their support who will never back him regardless, if he doesn't hit the ground running then that number goes exponentially, plus he loses another two us years of football when he should be getting capped for the national team.

I'm only speculating, but I don't think Gerard would want him purely because he rarely manages to play 90 minutes.

Greenbeard
11-10-2018, 10:52 AM
Hopefully, we will see him in our team next season. We have been stung before by signing players who are not match fit and then expecting them to hit the ground running. Right now , keeping Hyndman until the season end and bringing in Allan in the summer might be a better option. I think that Allan knows that this best chance of playing regularly in a good team, is with us and he may need to hang on a bit.
Anyone ITK on the score on the Hyndman deal? Option/likelihood of a season-long extension? Option to buy a la Kambo?
The way he is improving and slotting in, allied with Slivka's improved form, if there was any chance of a permanent deal on Hyndo I don't think we would go for SA.
Or is a perm deal just a rocket-launched pie in the sky?

NAE NOOKIE
11-10-2018, 10:55 AM

That is what everyone on planet earth does with very few exceptions.

Scott Allan will be 27 in November. If he does follow the money again as seems likely given his previous form he will be well on the way to becoming one of Scotland's richest forgotten footballers. He has singularly failed to make an impact at any club he has signed for or been loaned to since leaving Dundee United, with one obvious exception

The only club he has ever been of value to is Hibs in two successful spells, why that is is hard to put your finger on, but its a fact. If he has any ambition to end his career with something to show for his undoubted ability outside of a healthy bank balance then Hibs should a no brainer for him … On top of that, if he has any idea of what's going on at Hibs he must be aware that we have Hyndman in midfield who will return to Bournemouth in January and Slivka who has struggled to establish himself. If he has any faith in his own ability and any ambition to win something he must look at that situation as an open door to walk into the midfield of one of Scotland's biggest clubs, a club he already knows is a good fit for him.

If however he is happy to sign for some bunch of cloggers in the lower reaches of the EFL or become a makeweight at the likes of Sevco for a few extra grand a week then hell mend him, he clearly isn't worth the bother.

houstonhibbee
11-10-2018, 11:21 AM
I don’t think thats realistic
you think he’ll just sit around doing nothing for six months after being released?

ancient hibee
11-10-2018, 01:57 PM

I don’t see any evidence that he gives a monkey’s whether he plays regularly or not.

NORTHERNHIBBY
11-10-2018, 07:31 PM
I don’t think thats realistic
you think he’ll just sit around doing nothing for six months after being released?

No idea but I don't think that he would get in our team just now. He could sign a short deal for first team football and then come to us next season?

NORTHERNHIBBY
11-10-2018, 07:32 PM
I don’t see any evidence that he gives a monkey’s whether he plays regularly or not.

Have a look at his reaction when he scored in the Natural Order derby game.

Smartie
11-10-2018, 07:48 PM

He's been out on loan 8 times during his career. Does that not suggest he wants to earn, but if he can't play for the team that pays most of his wages then he's keen to go elsewhere to play?

He has his faults, but I think you're doing him a bit of a disservice there.

ian cruise
12-10-2018, 07:41 AM
There's a lot of negatives on this thread about Scott that there's little real evidence to back up. I can't decide if people are still bitter he left us first time round or are just playing down their expectations of him coming back so they aren't disappointed if he doesn't (with added bonus of "told you so" posts)

Famous Fiver
12-10-2018, 07:59 AM
I would love to see Scott back in a Hibs jersey. If he signs in January and his first game is an away Scottish Cup Tie at some obscure venue I'll be busting a gut to be there. Some of my best recent moments ( Cup Final apart obviously) watching Hibs have been watching Scotty play for us.

BILLYHIBS
12-10-2018, 08:19 AM
When Scott Allan returned to us in the last January window his transition into the side was seamless. He was accepted by the fans as if he had never been away. You could tell by the look on his face and the sweat on his shirt that he enjoyed being back where he belongs
Haste ye back Scotty Boy there is more work to be done.

J-C
12-10-2018, 08:30 AM
There's a lot of negatives on this thread about Scott that there's little real evidence to back up. I can't decide if people are still bitter he left us first time round or are just playing down their expectations of him coming back so they aren't disappointed if he doesn't (with added bonus of "told you so" posts)

:agree:
Scotty was expecting to join us this summer and wages had been agreed but circumstances outwith his control stopped it happening, he's a decent lad and he'll be the 1st to agree he's made poor choices in his career.

NORTHERNHIBBY
12-10-2018, 09:00 AM
Scotty was expecting to join us this summer and wages had been agreed but circumstances outwith his control stopped it happening, he's a decent lad and he'll be the 1st to agree he's made poor choices in his career.

His best chance of getting back to playing football and enjoying it, is with us and I think that he knows that.

Betty Boop
12-10-2018, 09:29 AM
He wants to play for Rangers.

Heisenberg
12-10-2018, 09:34 AM

Just a shame for wee Scotty that they don’t want him to play for them.

Hibbyradge
12-10-2018, 09:38 AM
His best chance of getting back to playing football and enjoying it, is with us and I think that he knows that.

That's an amazing skill, right there.

:applause:

1van Sprou7e
12-10-2018, 09:57 AM

What about him repeatedly stating how much he enjoyed being back at Hibs last season

w pilton hibby
12-10-2018, 10:05 AM

Can you expand on the circumstances which stopped the expected transfer?

CRAZYHIBBY
12-10-2018, 10:09 AM
I reckon celtic will be keeping an eye on a few of our players and it wouldnt surprise me if they try and offer a swap deal in january for allan

H18 SFR
12-10-2018, 10:11 AM
My Celtic mate who claims to be in the know proclaims that Lawwell will never do business with Hibs again. Don't shoot the messenger.

Heisenberg
12-10-2018, 10:14 AM
My Celtic mate who claims to be in the know proclaims that Lawwell will never do business with Hibs again. Don't shoot the messenger.

He can’t stop us signing him on a pre contract though.

H18 SFR
12-10-2018, 10:15 AM

Absolutely correct.

brog
12-10-2018, 10:33 AM

Lawwell would do business with Kim Yong Un if he thought he would make a 5er profit. I'll bet your ITK mate was convinced SJM would end up at Celtc, my ITK mate certainly was.

J-C
12-10-2018, 10:41 AM
Can you expand on the circumstances which stopped the expected transfer?

I won't go into too much details as I got grief before, seemingly Lawwell and Petrie between them screwed it up by seeing who had the biggest balls as a chairman. all about money and how much we had to pay for Allan to come here.

GreenArmyyy!
12-10-2018, 10:58 AM

A half fit Allan is better than any of our midfield and I mean no disrespect to our current players. Allan is a very special footballer.

blackpoolhibs
12-10-2018, 11:01 AM
A half fit Allan is better than any of our midfield and I mean no disrespect to our current players. Allan is a very special footballer.

A half fit footballer is no use to anyone, and not in any way better than any of our midfielders who are fully match fit.

J-C
12-10-2018, 11:07 AM
A half fit footballer is no use to anyone, and not in any way better than any of our midfielders who are fully match fit.

I think Allan coming may have past, he's not even being quoted for their reserve team nowadays, we have a very decent midfield now and if Hyndman is enjoying his football and continues to play like last week he may extend his stay, we do not need Allan.

Tobias Funke
12-10-2018, 11:10 AM

As much as I agree that Allan is a special footballer, a half fit version of him isn't better than Mallan or Milligan. In fact, on what we have all seen so far Milligan is an exceptional midfielder too.

ancient hibee
12-10-2018, 01:15 PM
I won't go into too much details as I got grief before, seemingly Lawwell and Petrie between them screwed it up by seeing who had the biggest balls as a chairman. all about money and how much we had to pay for Allan to come here.
Petrie is nowhere near transfer negotiations and hasn’t been for some time.

Springbank
12-10-2018, 01:21 PM
Have you seen the 2018 calendar year league table - Hibs sit top. Ie we are winning the league.

Scott will want to come here at midnight on 31 Dec if we are in touching distance of the top of the league, with the forward line & wingers we have here.

Not saying we'll win the league (though I was one of the few to tip us in the summer on the Predictions Thread) but we are not a million miles off...

jacomo
12-10-2018, 02:14 PM
Petrie is nowhere near transfer negotiations and hasn’t been for some time.

He’s still chairman. There is clearly personal beef between Lawwell and Petrie, you can bet both were involved in discussions this summer.

I think the simple answer is that Celtc took the hump over the SJM saga, Scotty refused offers from elsewhere and we are where we are.

Since90+2
12-10-2018, 02:16 PM

I can believe that to be honest.

hhibs
12-10-2018, 02:19 PM

Think he may have being ironic.

Greenbeard
12-10-2018, 03:14 PM
That is just absolute p*sh. Good as he has been at Hibs, it's not as if he's George Best who could afford to be half fit (and half cut).

Hermit Crab
12-10-2018, 03:22 PM

Did SA call you up and tell you that like?

MWHIBBIES
12-10-2018, 03:36 PM
He’s still chairman. There is clearly personal beef between Lawwell and Petrie, you can bet both were involved in discussions this summer.

I think the simple answer is that Celtc took the hump over the SJM saga, Scotty refused offers from elsewhere and we are where we are.

Why is there clearly beef? There's nothing other than Hibs.net rumours to suggest it really.

We've signed Commons, Ambrose, Allan, Stokes, McGeouch and Henderson from them but suddenly they have beef now and Petrie decided to ruin this one? Can't see it.

jgl07
12-10-2018, 04:17 PM
Celtic cocked up the SJM situation. They thought they could blackmail Hibs into selling him for a low price. Villa came in and stopped that scenario. That seriously pissed off Rodgers and has impacted on Celtic’s performances.

Celtic have taken the hump and refused to deal over Allen. Hibs can sign him on a pre-contact in less than two months. Hibs did nothing other that get a fair price for their prize asset (and also for St Mirren).

Ronniekirk
12-10-2018, 04:26 PM

No chance that will happen

hfc rd
12-10-2018, 04:51 PM
Would be so happy if we got Scott Allan in January. Will see what happens as can see a couple of clubs in for him as he’s a quality player

ancient hibee
12-10-2018, 05:09 PM

Petrie is non executive chairman.The board tell Dempster and Craig what the player budget is.Do you really think that either of them would take the blame for difficulties in their area by allowing Petrie to be involved?This hump between Celtic and Hibs is a figment of Hibs.net fevered imagination.It doesn’t exist.

NORTHERNHIBBY
12-10-2018, 05:47 PM
That's an amazing skill, right there.

:applause:

What is? Having an opinion?

nonshinyfinish
12-10-2018, 06:13 PM

Please can we use the technical term "pick him up for pennies"?

jacomo
12-10-2018, 06:26 PM
why is there clearly beef? There's nothing other than hibs.net rumours to suggest it really.

We've signed commons, ambrose, allan, stokes, mcgeouch and henderson from them but suddenly they have beef now and petrie decided to ruin this one? Can't see it.

s.j.m.

MWHIBBIES
12-10-2018, 06:29 PM
s.j.m.

And what happened there? Other than pure rumours?

jacomo
12-10-2018, 06:31 PM
Petrie is non executive chairman.The board tell Dempster and Craig what the player budget is.Do you really think that either of them would take the blame for difficulties in their area by allowing Petrie to be involved?This hump between Celtic and Hibs is a figment of Hibs.net fevered imagination.It doesn’t exist.

Ok then.

jacomo
12-10-2018, 06:32 PM
Think he may have being ironic.

Whoosh.

J-C
12-10-2018, 07:32 PM
The board still has to sign off any deal, Petrie is still heavily involved
Unfortunately

Hibbyradge
12-10-2018, 07:43 PM
What is? Having an opinion?

I meant mind reading, but it was said it in jest.

jacomo
12-10-2018, 07:47 PM
And what happened there? Other than pure rumours?

Yeah, Celtc definitely didn’t bid for McGinn in the summer and Hibs definitely didn’t reject it. Pure rumours.

Lawwell’s public criticism of Petrie pure rumour too aye?

I feel like this discussion is disappearing down a rabbit hole.

Lago
12-10-2018, 08:20 PM
Yeah, Celtc definitely didn’t bid for McGinn in the summer and Hibs definitely didn’t reject it. Pure rumours.

Again

horseflesh
12-10-2018, 08:40 PM
I heard from an unusual source that Celtic had tried to buy Hyndman from Bournemouth but they would only allow a 6 month loan. Celtic were not interested but gave Hibs the heads up to the loan availability of Hyndman.
If true then it certainly makes a mockery of any fall out.

jacomo
12-10-2018, 08:46 PM
I heard from an unusual source that Celtic had tried to buy Hyndman from Bournemouth but they would only allow a 6 month loan. Celtic were not interested but gave Hibs the heads up to the loan availability of Hyndman.
If true then it certainly makes a mockery of any fall out.

Yes it would.

Of course both our clubs employ many people and there will be individuals who have good relationships.

Lenny will still have contacts there of course.

ancient hibee
12-10-2018, 10:06 PM
There is no fall out.Life’s too short and Scottish football too small at the top level.

jacomo
12-10-2018, 10:59 PM
There is no fall out.Life’s too short and Scottish football too small at the top level.

I have no doubt we’ll be doing business with Celtc again before too long. As you say, that’s how it works.

Brooster
12-10-2018, 11:29 PM

I can assure you Celtic did bid for McGinn during the summer.

mjhibby
13-10-2018, 08:42 AM

Allegedly it was down to wages in the end with lawwell not willing to pay anywhere near what villa were paying sjm. That and not handling the negotiations in a professional manner. He presumed mcginn would sign whatever they paid him. Clearly they were as usual deluding themselves and sjm said villa it is. Allegedly of course but heard it from a few people.

MWHIBBIES
13-10-2018, 08:52 AM

If we get on their bad side for rejecting a poor offer then so be it.

Hibbyradge
13-10-2018, 08:53 AM

I think he was being sarcastic. Neil Lennon said publicly that Cetlc matched AV's bid.

It's hard to convey any nuance in your written thoughts.

I should know. I've been taken seriously even when I've posted what I thought was the most obvious satirical words.

It's called Poe's Law. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poe%27s_law

Poe's Law

A writing expressing that, without obvious pointers, it is impossible to understand sarcasm. Commonly used whenever someone fails to understand a joke and makes themself look like an idiot.

Anon one: Alligators are some of the most friendly animals on earth!
Anon two: Alligators will ****ing kill you

Anon one: Sarcasm dumbass

ancient hibee
13-10-2018, 11:48 AM
I have no doubt we’ll be doing business with Celtc again before too long. As you say, that’s how it works.
If Kamberi maintains his progress they’ll be after him sometime next season.