PDA

View Full Version : Dundee Utd appoint Robbie Neilson

PatHead
08-10-2018, 07:18 PM
Given a contract until the end of the season.

Thought he would get it, wish I had put money on him.

Billy Whizz
08-10-2018, 07:20 PM
Given a contract until the end of the season.

Thought he would get it, wish I had put money on him.

Wonder who only wanted the contract until the end of the season?
Doesn’t show too much confidence from one of the parties

Del Boy
08-10-2018, 07:22 PM
Contract to end of NEXT season. Seems a sensible appointment.

Billy Whizz
08-10-2018, 07:23 PM
Contract to end of NEXT season. Seems a sensible appointment.

Ok, OP said it was end of this season

jacomo
08-10-2018, 07:28 PM
Neilson seems a decent enough coach, although I’m sure the Arabs will be hoping he brings his money spinning abilities with him.

PatHead
08-10-2018, 07:35 PM
Ok, OP said it was end of this season
Sorry guys.

Billy Whizz
08-10-2018, 07:37 PM
Sorry guys.

What do you know anyway😎

PatHead
08-10-2018, 07:44 PM
What do you know anyway😎
Obviously nothing. :wink:

Should speak to my family more often.

3pm
08-10-2018, 07:46 PM
Hibs legend.

theonlywayisup
08-10-2018, 07:50 PM
Would love Neilson to get Hertz at Tiny and to knock them out of the Scottish Cup. Then to get hero worship at Easter Road in the next round for his team to get thumped.

SirDavidsNapper
08-10-2018, 07:58 PM
I love Robbie. Can't thank the guy enough

Mick O'Rourke
08-10-2018, 08:00 PM
Robbie did a decent job at Hearts,overall .
He oversaw them winning the Championship at a canter and then finishing 3rd in the Premier the following season.
What more realistically could they have asked for

But .....Yes... the big but.......!

The 10 minutes to go cup tie and the after match Money Spinner comments sent the not so noisy neighbour's over the edge,though.

They never ever forgave him for that
They blamed Robbie for us winning the Scottish Cup !!

I think he spent his last few months at Hearts actively looking for another job, after all that he went through winning us the Cup !;-)

Good luck to him.

NORTHERNHIBBY
08-10-2018, 08:02 PM
Decent enough appointment for United. One that makes sense.

Billy Whizz
08-10-2018, 08:02 PM
He oversaw them winning the Championship at a canter and then finishing 3rd in the Premier the following season.

The 10 minutes to go cup tie and the after match Money Spinner comments sent the not so noisy neighbour's over the edge,though.

I think he spent his last few months at Hearts actively looking for another job, after all that he went through winning us the Cup !;-)

Good luck to him.

He still wants to know who hired the plane

CraigHibee
08-10-2018, 08:29 PM
definitely a good appointment for united imo

Michael
08-10-2018, 08:55 PM
Decent manager. United done well here.

stoneyburn hibs
08-10-2018, 09:57 PM
Hertz cant, nevertheless the Dundee Hibernian have appointed well by recruiting Neilson. He's a St Mirren fan.

hibsdaft
08-10-2018, 10:03 PM
would be assuming to see him succeed there.

CMurdoch
08-10-2018, 10:52 PM
Decent manager. United done well here.

Has a bit more experience now. Will do well.
Couldn't believe when they appointed Csaba Lazlo.
Even the thicker fans wouldn't have been stupid enough to pick him.

Austinho
08-10-2018, 11:21 PM
Will always thank him for that Scottish Cup tie. 2-0 up with 10 minutes to go - what a pivotal moment.

Not only did we then go on to win the Scottish Cup, a boost we’re still reaping the benefits of today. But Hearts obsession with us meant that despite the incredible job Neilson did (winning the Championship at a canter and then taking them straight to third place), meant his job was untenable just because he lost to us. The thought that they let him go and endured the Cathro years all because of Hibs, well that fills me with glee.

SouthMoroccoStu
09-10-2018, 05:35 AM

Good luck to him.

Exactly this

Neilson achieved above and beyond at hearts

They performed extremely well in the championship and continued that form into the top flight the following season

Yet their obsession with their derby revivals clouded their judgement

When Neilson left hearts, I remember the STV news coverage, the reporter managed to find 3 jambos that were convinced he had to go because “he let hibs win the cup”

Obsessed

Neilson is a good coach who’ll do well at Dundee Utd

Maybe too late for this season but he should be given time

Gettin' Auld
09-10-2018, 09:20 AM
He'd probably have been better off going for the job at Partick Thistle, at least they give managers time to sort things out.

where'stheslope
09-10-2018, 10:21 AM
He'd probably have been better off going for the job at Partick Thistle, at least they give managers time to sort things out.
I would say that Thistle had already someone in mind when sacking the manager.
The Lottery winner from Ayr bankrolling them must be having a say.
They are in the throws of getting a new training facility near Torrance, so are getting everything in place and I think it will be a higher profile manager that they have in mind!!!

cleanyman
09-10-2018, 10:33 AM
Oh another Jambo at the DU helm

Stay DOON

Waxy
09-10-2018, 10:41 AM
This could mean our names on the cup again.

LichtieHibby
09-10-2018, 11:11 AM
I can see Dundee FC wining the SC this season

Gettin' Auld
09-10-2018, 11:17 AM
I would say that Thistle had already someone in mind when sacking the manager.
The Lottery winner from Ayr bankrolling them must be having a say.
They are in the throws of getting a new training facility near Torrance, so are getting everything in place and I think it will be a higher profile manager that they have in mind!!!

Fair enough mate, time will tell i suppose. :aok:

ian cruise
09-10-2018, 11:22 AM
I can see Dundee FC wining the SC this season

Jambos would be even more raging if he won SC with utd after failing to win it with Hearts

LichtieHibby
09-10-2018, 11:25 AM
Jambos would be even more raging if he won SC with utd after failing to win it with Hearts

Hehehe, aye.

IGRIGI
09-10-2018, 11:37 AM
The Money Spinner Neilson deserves some sort of medal or official recognition for his involvement in our cup and the destruction of the Heart's fans songbook.

Keith_M
09-10-2018, 12:27 PM
If he does half as well as he did at Hearts, then it should be a good appointment.

I still think the only reason he was given the heave from Tynecastle was his poor record against us, which is quite pathetic considering his record breaking points total in the Championship and their really good first season back in the Premier.

Keyser Sauzee
09-10-2018, 01:02 PM
Didn’t Neilson leave Hearts to join MK Dons himself?

Good appointment for United but they’re squad isn’t god enough to come up, hopefully he’s given till next season.

ian cruise
09-10-2018, 01:06 PM
Didn’t Neilson leave Hearts to join MK Dons himself?

Good appointment for United but they’re squad isn’t god enough to come up, hopefully he’s given till next season.

Think it was jump before pushed. Fans were wanting him gone.

BullsCloseHibs
09-10-2018, 02:39 PM
Always liked DUFC.....Not until he leaves though!

where'stheslope
09-10-2018, 03:42 PM
As said in earlier post about Partick Thistle, they could be looking at Steven Pressley for manager, just sacked by Cypriot club after only 4 games into a 2 year extension!!!

Hibs1969
10-10-2018, 07:38 AM
Tommy McLean, Levein, Houston, Bowman, Laszlo and now another ex-Hearts boss in Neilson gets the United job. How long till Cathro gets the gig? Is previous employment at the PBS a prerequisite? Maybe that explains why Mixu crashed and burned as the boss at Tannadice.

ian cruise
10-10-2018, 07:41 AM
Tommy McLean, Levein, Houston, Bowman, Laszlo and now another ex-Hearts boss in Neilson gets the United job. How long till Cathro gets the gig? Is previous employment at the PBS a prerequisite? Maybe that explains why Mixu crashed and burned as the boss at Tannadice.

In all fairness that's over a thirty year period, its not as bad as it sounds (I only know because I had a similar thought and went to check). Think because Houston was Levein number 2 and took over and now we've got two back to back it eskews our memory of how infrequently it actually is.

Souter96Mac
10-10-2018, 07:47 AM
A decent enough appointment by United. He's not done a great deal since leaving hearts so will be a good chance for him. Can he sort out the mess left by Csaba? Still can't see them coming up this season.

PatHead
13-10-2018, 04:19 PM
Winning start against Patrick.

SirDavidsNapper
13-10-2018, 04:45 PM
Wouldn't surprise me if they won the league now. Might be a decent bet

Shrekko
13-10-2018, 04:51 PM
Always liked DUFC.....Not until he leaves though!

He’s a Jambo but always strikes me as a really good guy?

Billy Whizz
13-10-2018, 04:57 PM
Took almost 1,000 fans to Partick today, could do with some of that at ER, compared to what some teams bring

Dancehibs
13-10-2018, 05:19 PM
Was reading on Facebook Dundee Utd chairman is a hibs fan?

SirDavidsNapper
13-10-2018, 05:23 PM

Wonder if they'll change their name back to Dundee Hibernian

cleanyman
13-10-2018, 05:39 PM
Ross County will still win it for me

A narrow win against Partick who are hopeless

GlesgaeHibby
13-10-2018, 05:59 PM
Wouldn't surprise me if they won the league now. Might be a decent bet

Think he'll do well. Knows how to get a team promoted from that league. Better than most Hearts fans gave him credit for, given he did pretty well apart from his Derby record.

PatHead
13-10-2018, 08:14 PM

Definitely not. I know him really well and have no doubt he is a lifelong Arab.

ian cruise
13-10-2018, 08:23 PM
Winning start against Patrick.

Was listening on the radio as I was driving, apparently a brilliant pass from Fyvie to Stanton who knocked it on for Aird to score.

Dancehibs
13-10-2018, 08:57 PM
Definitely not. I know him really well and have no doubt he is a lifelong Arab.

You’d need to be . Got to be a fan to be chairman

CMurdoch
13-10-2018, 09:57 PM
Was listening on the radio as I was driving, apparently a brilliant pass from Fyvie to Stanton who knocked it on for Aird to score.

It sounded a good goal!
Fyvie just getting back to full fitness after his season ending injury a year ago. His return to full speed will improve that team no end.
Neilson brought all the Scottish guys with great experience back into the side today who previously had been left on the bench under El Dafty: including Booth, Stanton, Aird, King and McMullan.

heretoday
13-10-2018, 10:00 PM
Come on Unehted!

If Hibs went out of business I'd support the Tangerines!

Hannah_hfc
13-10-2018, 10:52 PM
Was at the match today with a pal as a neutral. Didn’t think Dundee Utd were that great considering the names in their squad- a lot of work to be done there because both teams weren’t that great to watch. Wanted to see Fyvie have a good game but appreciate he’s probably getting back to full sharpness. I’d say Neilsons got some size of a job to do before they could reasonably compete in the top tier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BILLYHIBS
13-10-2018, 11:05 PM
Come on Unehted!

If Hibs went out of business I'd support the Tangerines!

EH? :confused:

:dunno:

Would rather stick sharp needles in my eyes

We have come too far for this

Would rather put the jerseys doon at the meadows and start again

Once a Hibby always a Hibby !

There is a whole thread on Dundee United

Do it to them or they will do it to you

If it wisnae for Lenny could easily have been us being the good guys and nice to everyone while they walked all over us

You know where Tannadice is right next door to the SPFL side we beat 3-0 two weeks ago

Jog on!

CMurdoch
14-10-2018, 12:37 AM
Get your green glasses off

SirDavidsNapper
14-10-2018, 12:59 AM
Enough is enough. It was funny while it lasted but i want United up. Preferably sawp with Hamilton or Livi. 1000+ away to Partick today says why.

BILLYHIBS
14-10-2018, 08:32 AM
Sorry guys but damn my eyes last time I looked this was a fans forum for HIBS fans don’t really care about any other team apart from HIBS tbh regardless of how many fans they might or might not bring.

I was in a restaurant in Leith Walk with some arrogant United fans last time we played them in the League Cup to them we were just a Championship side and it was just a day oot for them.

They lost.

They laughed at us when we were in the Championship and now the glove is on the other foot if they want out of the Championship they are going to have to earn it just as we had to do the hard way.

They have been down there now a lot longer than they or anybody else expected but hey life’s a bitch!

I wish Robbie Neilson all the best he is a good young Manager and did well with Hearts and his record in the Championship is excellent he certainly blew us and The Rangers away hats off to him but Dundee United ? I don't really care if they live or die.

I keep thinking back to them relegating us at ER not their fault ours but try telling that to my two crying sons or them celebrating in their ChangingRoom as if they had won the league back in the Championship at Christmas a few years back.

Green glasses or not don’t really care about any other team apart from HIBS let’s do it to them before they do it to us.

bigwheel
14-10-2018, 08:41 AM
Sorry guys but damn my eyes last time I looked this was a fans forum for HIBS fans don’t really care about any other team apart from HIBS tbh regardless of how many fans they might or might not bring.

I was in a restaurant in Leith Walk with some arrogant United fans last time we played them in the League Cup to them we were just a Championship side and it was just a day oot for them.

They lost.

They laughed at us when we were in the Championship and now the glove is on the other foot if they want out of the Championship they are going to have to earn it just as we had to do the hard way.

They have been down there now a lot longer than they or anybody else expected but hey life’s a bitch!

I wish Robbie Neilson all the best he is a good young Manager and did well with Hearts and his record in the Championship is excellent he certainly blew us and The Rangers away hats off to him but Dundee United ? I don't really care if they live or die.

I keep thinking back to them relegating us at ER not their fault ours but try telling that to my two crying sons or them celebrating in their ChangingRoom as if they had won the league back in the Championship at Christmas a few years back.

Green glasses or not don’t really care about any other team apart from HIBS let’s do it to them before they do it to us.

that's quite a lot of views about a team you don't care anything about :greengrin

BILLYHIBS
14-10-2018, 08:43 AM
that's quite a lot of views about a team you don't care anything about :greengrin

I’m not bitter! :greengrin

bigwheel
14-10-2018, 08:44 AM

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji106]

MWHIBBIES
14-10-2018, 09:42 AM

They lost.

Why open the thread if you don't care then? It's perfectly within the rules, whether or not you care.

hibee62
14-10-2018, 10:02 AM
Think it was jump before pushed. Fans were wanting him gone.

I’m not even sure he’d have been pushed, there was a loud section of their fans who just couldn’t get over us winning the cup and blamed him personally and he just didn’t feel like his work was appreciated.

I remember his last game in charge, when they walloped the rangers. It was on BT sport and they spoke to fans pre-game about him going and one sticks out in my mind with something along the lines of “aye, he’s done a great job getting promoted and all that. Let Hibs win the cup though, eh?”

Bizarre attitude!

BILLYHIBS
14-10-2018, 10:11 AM
Why open the thread if you don't care then? It's perfectly within the rules, whether or not you care.
Accept that but what I found so laughable/ unacceptable was the poster that posted if HIBS went out of business he would follow Dundee United but hey it’s a free world he can do what he wants just expressing my opinion that’s what forums are for don’t expect everyone to agree 😁👍🏾⚽️🏆🇳🇬

tamig
14-10-2018, 11:12 AM
Accept that but what I found so laughable/ unacceptable was the poster that posted if HIBS went out of business he would follow Dundee United but hey it’s a free world he can do what he wants just expressing my opinion that’s what forums are for don’t expect everyone to agree 😁👍🏾⚽️🏆🇳🇬

I also found that a strange thing to post Billy. I don’t mind United but their fans do tend display a bit of arrogance when they hit a wee good spell.

where'stheslope
14-10-2018, 12:03 PM
I also found that a strange thing to post Billy. I don’t mind United but their fans do tend display a bit of arrogance when they hit a wee good spell.
I'm sure you'll find that all fans display the same arrogance when their team is doing well even us!!!

tamig
14-10-2018, 12:10 PM
I'm sure you'll find that all fans display the same arrogance when their team is doing well even us!!!

United and hertz are among the very worst. I’ve been watching Hibs far too long to take anything for granted. I’m always pretty low key when discussing our fortunes with fans of other clubs.

After the Friday night game when United beat us 1-0 at Tannadice I bumped into one United fan who is never shy at bragging when the going is good. He was telling me how that was the league sown up blah blah. I said we have a far superior squad to you and lets see how the table is looking in April/May. After the turn of the year after we’d humped them 3-0 he used to avoid me. Erse.

I'm Spartacus
15-10-2018, 02:10 PM
I'll be genuinely interested to see if he is actually a decent manager, many have failed at Utd, weird club IMO.

hibbymac
15-10-2018, 02:33 PM

Maybe not bitter but a little bit twisted ........ who wears gloves on their feet :confused: :wink: :greengrin

BILLYHIBS
15-10-2018, 04:34 PM
Maybe not bitter but a little bit twisted ........ who wears gloves on their feet :confused: :wink: :greengrin

:aok: